The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2003, 05:46 AM   #1
The Evenstar
Wight

The Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Room-mates

Hey!

If you had to share a room with character from LOTR, who would it be?

For me, I'm not so sure, but it would definetly not be with Gollum!
Old 04-13-2003, 07:06 AM   #2
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hmm.. I would like to share a room with Arwen. She'd be so sweet and nice. I wouldn't like to share a room with Denethor. He'd burn everything in sight.
(Picture this:
Denethor: Must burn everything! I want to watch the pretty flames! AHAHAHAHAHAHA they look so pretty!
Unfortunate Roomie: Nooooo Denethor I just got this bed you can't burn it again!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] )
It's late and I'm tired. I will now go off and do an elf sulk.
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:31 AM   #3
The Evenstar
Wight

The Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
LOL, Nightingale. Yea, that would be a good one!
Old 04-13-2003, 08:38 AM   #4
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh god... sharing a room with Denethor... I'd be in heaven!!

(and no jokes about how I really would be in heaven cos he burned me too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

Otherwise I'd like to share a room with Faramir. Not Boromir, cos I imagine Faramir to be the one who washes the most often out of the two. Boromir would be icky and sweaty. Then he'd get drunk, come home late, and try it on with the wall, and then failing with the wall, try it on with me.

*shudders*
Old 04-13-2003, 08:41 AM   #5
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Eowyn, probably. That would be interesting.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:42 AM   #6
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I thought of Eowyn. But then I thought of all the cat-fights over whose lipstick, dress, or husband it really is.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:31 AM   #7
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would have to say one of the hobbits, or Aragorn or Gimli. The hobbits because they're fun and boisterous but they can still be really good friends, and Aragorn and Gimli because Aragorn is "daaaaamn pretty" and they could both tell me war stories all night! And teach me swordfighting and how to use an axe! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 09:35 AM   #8
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Aragorn wouldn't stand a chance with me in the room with him [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Don't ever share a room with an elf. The sea of hair care products will reach above your knees. And there'll be no drawer space
Old 04-13-2003, 12:42 PM   #9
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Let's go with the cleanliness thing: You'd probably have the least locker-room scent if you roomed with a girl or an Elf. Mix the two, you've got a female Elf. Arwen would be alright, but then I couldn't hang up any posters of Aragorn (she might object a little!). Galadriel would probably be okay, but I'd end up with nightmares over her creepy-blue-elf-lady alter-ego. To think this over a little harder, I'd probably enjoy rooming with Aragorn, 'cuz to coin the phrase, he's 'so daaamn pretty'. And I'd make him tell me war stories and teach me sword-play. Or Faramir, because although he was a bit of a prick to Sam and Frodo (don't jump on me for this one, I've got evidence to back it up!), he got back in my good-books when he got all mushy over Eowyn. Or even Eomer, since a) he's awsome, b) he's got that protective big brother quality, c) he's 'so daamn pretty', and d) he went on a killing spree when he thought his sister was dead. That there's a nice, sentimental guy for you! I think I'm settled on this one now- Eomer or Faramir (they're my favorite characters anyway).
Old 04-13-2003, 05:28 PM   #10
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Boromir. He just needs a hug. Or Faramir, but I'd have to share a room with Éowyn as well, since they're married 'n' all. Actually, that wouldn't be too bad, I guess. Kinda fun to listen to them talk. Or Éomer because, as Feanor said, he's got that nice "big brother" quality. Maybe him or Boromir would help keep away that stupid stalker ex I've got tailing me. *grumbles something incoherent*
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 09:27 PM   #11
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Personaly I would choose Legolas. Can anyone guess why [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Sure I may have problems with dresser space and keeping him out of my hair stuff, but other wise.... I see no problems, to coin the phrase(again) he's
Quote:
daaaaamn pretty
and more if I do say so myself [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Ok, he is an elf after all, it's not like I'll do anything stupid with him around to stop me, ya know? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 11:14 PM   #12
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Would anyone like to guess? Who would I like as a room mate? I wonder... Could it be... Aragorn? 'cuz he's so 'daaamn pretty'!! Wait... that doesn't really describe him... Would blue eyes, high cheekbones, and an absolutely to-die-for voice work?
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:35 AM   #13
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Quote:
Would blue eyes, high cheekbones, and an absolutely to-die-for voice work?
Gandalf?

I'd like to share a room with him.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:32 AM   #14
Isildur

Sting

I would share a room with any of the hobbits:
'cause they like to eat and so do I! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2003, 09:39 AM   #15
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I'd like to share a room with elves. They'd have great food, stories and songs. Plus, all the great stuff they know cause their old. I can just imagine the parties we'd have!
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 10:23 AM   #16
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Oh, too many choices!! Hm... Any of the hobbits, definately; especially Pippin. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] He's so cute! *heart eyes* For a second choice, either Legolas (because he's, quote unquote, "daaaaamn pretty") or Aragorn. Not only are they quite fortunate-looking, but they've got great battle skills; learning archery and swordplay would most assuredly be a good thing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But, yeah, I'll be back when I'm more coherent....
Old 04-14-2003, 10:33 AM   #17
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Hmm . . . I think I'd have to go with Ëomer. Can you guess why? Well he's "daaamn pretty." Lol, yeah, he's got that nice big brother sort of personality, and he is one of my absolute favorite characters. I would say Aragorn, but that would be a little awkward if Arwen were there. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Faramir would be cool too, but then what about Ëowyn? Hmm . . . no, my choice is Ëomer. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2003, 03:52 PM   #18
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

dude...legolas ALLLLLL they way. he is FINE. wow. but the only thing is i might have to hide my hair spray from him. but definately legolas...definately [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 06:23 AM   #19
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I wouldn't mind sharing a room with Celeborn. He's pretty boring. But then I'd have to deal with the clouds of leaf smoke, so maybe not....
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 08:16 PM   #20
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd have to agree with GaladrieloftheOlden- I'd room with Eowyn. Besides the obvious "I'm a girl, most universities/whatever want girls rooming with girls" thing, I really think Eowyn is one of the more sensible. Can Arwen cook? Well, I know, would Eowyn? But if it was just between the two of us, I'm sure she would- she just wouldn't like cooking for men. I love arguing, so that would be fine. And you know she'd get in a huge fight with the boys' dorm across the street and wage war... wouldn't that be fun?
Old 04-15-2003, 11:03 PM   #21
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

Id share a room with Sam, cause i cant cook, i keep frogetting to water my plants and plus... sam is so cute ^,^
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 11:53 PM   #22
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm going with Elladan & Elrohir as roomies. Although they never really showed them in the films, I always imagined them to be "tall, dark & handsome". Elves would also be neat, clean and nice-smelling. (I don't mind sharing hair products)

Plus, you get two for the price of one.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:54 AM   #23
Lucinda
Animated Skeleton

Lucinda has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hmmmm, Legolas wouldn't smell, and I think Aragorn and Boromir would. And the Hobbits would pinch my food! Arwen woldn't be so bad, I guesss
Old 04-16-2003, 07:58 AM   #24
stickifinger
Animated Skeleton

stickifinger has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

The only problem with Gandalf would be my fear that he'd fall asleep smoking and the fireworks would all explode. How about Treebeard? His stories would certainly put me to sleep at night and stir up some interesting dreams, I imagine.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:06 AM   #25
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

I would share a room with Gollum it would be fun. But I think I would share a room with Legolas ...... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]... he he and watch him brush his hair and watch every move!
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 09:49 AM   #26
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
Plus, you get two for the price of one.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 10:07 AM   #27
Senseless Skwerl
Pile O'Bones

Senseless Skwerl has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i'd probably share a room with bilbo, becuase he always could tell awesome stories for bedtime! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 11:57 AM   #28
Daewen
Wight

Location: Stuck inside an Aquafina bottle...HELP! ...seriously, I'm getting claustrophobic
Daewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daewen
Boots

I'd want to share a room with Sam, because I don't think he would be very messy, and he's also really sweet and has a good heart, so I wouldn't be worried about getting strangled in my sleep...or burnt..*cough Denethor cough*
If I didn't room with Sam, I think that Tom Bombadil would be cool, even though he wasn't in the movie. The only bad thing is that I might get tired of all his songs by the end of one week with him...still it would be kind of fun you know? We could have rhyming competitions and stuff and I've always wanted to try on his yellow boots...I don't know why, but it's almost been a fettish with me...
Daewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:33 PM   #29
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 04:00 PM   #30
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Silmaril

Now there's an idea! Tom Bombadil! That sounds like fun! I would love for him to teach me some of his songs and stuff, I also love his wife! I would want to share a room with both of them, I think that would be fun!(try on his yellow boots?)
Old 04-26-2003, 05:26 PM   #31
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would want legolas!! HEHEHE
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 11:02 PM   #32
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

How about Beorn? He can cook, and he brings all those cool animals with him (I'd pass on the bees though)
And why does everyone think that elves need all that hair-care stuff. Couldn't the hair be natural? Oh, and I've heard that the things Elves wear can be folded up into tiny parcels that you'd never know was a five layer dress.
Niluial: You want to share a room with Gollum!!!!!?????
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 02:06 AM   #33
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

hmmmm...
my first choice would be Arwen, just coz the conversation would be interesting and make for the best editorial of all time! Then it would be Prince Imrahil. I just think that would be nice...

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 02:42 AM   #34
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

From LoTR I'd want Gildor. Good at travelling, so probably not too fussy with his appearance as far as elves go. He can sing, he's reluctant to give advice so he'd stay out of my hair, plus he has connections. Yup, Gildor.

If I could choose from Silm I'd want Maeglin. He's not such a bad guy, and we both seem to always be suffering from unfulfilled crushes (although mine aren't usually on my cousins [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]). We could think angst-y thoughts at each other [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Would definately not want a hobbit (they steal food) or Legolas (too many fangirls), Arwen (prissy), Eowyn (scary) or any smelly men from Gondor.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 02:47 AM   #35
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Quote:
Niluial: You want to share a room with Gollum!!!!!?????
Yes and no. He is just SO cute... he is like ugly and cute but I would much rather have Legolas as a room-mate [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] he he he [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .... what more can I say?
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:42 PM   #36
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Another random thought... How about Celebrain? I would really like to share a room with her, she sounds nice enough(besides the whole rebelion/running away part). I would still like to room with Legolas though [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] !
Old 05-13-2003, 02:57 PM   #37
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

I'd have to say.. a hobbit [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I don't eat much, so I don't mind them eating my food lol and they know tons of stories.. and cool songs (like pippin's bath song! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) so yup, deifinitely a hobbit.. not sure which though..

[ May 13, 2003: Message edited by: ElenCala Isil ]
Old 05-16-2003, 08:48 AM   #38
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I'd probably share a room with Tom Bombadil, Goldberry, or Glorfindel. I'd choose Tom because I would love to hear his stories and songs and experience his other-ness. I'd room with Goldberry because she seems genuinely kind, and I think we'd get along pretty well. Glorfindel would just be cool to be with! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Peace
Old 05-16-2003, 12:26 PM   #39
SilverEmbers
Pile O'Bones

SilverEmbers has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd probably share a room with Eowyn-being a girl, she wouldnt be messy, and I dont think she would be one of those touch-all-your-roomates-stuff people. And I would ask her to teach me to ride horses and sword-fight and we would stay up late talking about guys! (faraimir for her, frodo for me, lol)
Old 05-16-2003, 08:03 PM   #40
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Sohpia: I agree [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yavanna228: Uh! You took all three of the ones I was going to say! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Haha. Great minds think alike.

Yes, but anyways, my first choice would probably be Glorfindel (that's after I learn how to spell his name...). I love elves--'specially the blond ones. Then it would be either of the Bombadils--for the same reasons as Yavanna.

Then I'd like to room with Frodo before he went on the trip because after that he was all sad and depressed. But Frodo had the most sense out of all the hobbits. Plus I like all the things they do: gardens, food, parties, stories, and TEA--my latest obsession! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen