The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2003, 02:49 PM   #41
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dūm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
I don't know if I'll be able to get his autograph cuz I don't know if I'll actually be able to talk to him, or just see him. He's gonna be on a stage. I SOOOO want his autograph though!!!! <P>p.s. - sorry if I sound like a fangirl, I'm not!!! I'm just really excited, hehe. <P>p.p.s. - maybe they have pre-signed photos or something that you can buy there. lol
Old 02-27-2003, 04:11 PM   #42
Aredhelaran
Animated Skeleton

Aredhelaran has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Viggo is an excellent choice for Aragorn. He has that air about him, and his eyes! Viggo, even in his normal apart-from-LOTR-life is a biit like Aragorn too (or so I've heard). Being male, I can't say I love him, but he certainly is an excellent Aragorn.
Aredhelaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 02:26 PM   #43
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dūm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I didnt know who viggo mortensen was till i saw LOTR and i found out that he is one exelent actor and fits the rore of Aragorn perfectly and i think he played the part well
Old 03-04-2003, 04:53 AM   #44
Sambar

Thumbs up

I think Viggo as Aragorn was excellent, but the man himself has the worst taste in films ever. He's been in so many, and they almost all stank...I think he should let his son pick all his roles from now on
Old 03-06-2003, 03:39 AM   #45
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

He was probably the best actor in both movies. He really should win a nomination for RoTK because of the lack of them in FoTR and TTT.

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 04:09 AM   #46
Finnguala
Wight

Finnguala has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yeah! Give that poor (ahem) guy a nomination! He deserves it!!
Old 03-10-2003, 02:50 PM   #47
Airerūthiel
Wight

Airerūthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>an action hero with soul, a sense of humour and destiny <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I couldn't have put it better myself <B>Lush</B>. If the Oscar nominations for Best Actor next year see Viggo and Elijah up for the award, then there is something seriously wrong with those voters' heads...
Old 03-15-2003, 10:38 AM   #48
Lady Iverin
Haunting Spirit

Lady Iverin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think Viggo was amazing in TTT. I think he is one of the few actors in the movie who did their roles perfectly. He was an excellent choice. I just didn't like what PJ was making him do.
Lady Iverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 11:14 AM   #49
Eressiė Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressiė Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressiė Ailin
Question

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I think he should let his son pick all his roles from now on <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Maybe we should suggest that to him! I am really glad that got Viggo to play Aragorn. He did an excellent job, but I think that there was a little too much 'I don't wanna be king' kind of stuff. The whole death seen was not needed, and it didn't add anything to the plot. But, overall, Viggo did a fantastic job as Aragorn. When I first heard his voice in the theatre, I nearly fainted!! And when I took one of my friends to see LoTR, she stood up cheering when Aragorn pulled his hood down!! <P>P.S. Henry, <B>please</B> pick out your dad's roles more often!!<P>Goldberry~ I already have his autograph. I bought a signed photo off eBay! *lol* guess I'm a little obsessed...
Eressiė Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 11:54 AM   #50
King_Elessar
Haunting Spirit

King_Elessar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Viggo is AMAZING!!!!!!! I would do anything to meet him, or just get his autograph! he is so adorably AMAZING!!!!! I think he played the part of Aragorn of the Dunedain really well, I just luv it when he throws back his hood in the Prancing Pony! His voice is just.....so.......wonderful! I am glad he gets to sing in the FOTR Extended DVD, though you cannot hear it much! VIGGO RULEZ! He is so AMAZING!!!!
I see in your eyes, the same fear, that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day...we fight!
King_Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 12:34 PM   #51
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I salute Viggo yet again for another stunning performance. He looks looks like Aragorn, he acts like Aragorn. He appears noble, and has a sorrowful, regretful air about him. This is perfect. He also seems quite weary from the increasing burdens he must bear. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I agree. I think that though his character was not the <I>most</I> interestingly conflicted (Frodo and Gollum) he was close, and I also "salute Viggo". I tought he was better even than in FotR. I din't think he "looks like Aragorn" when I first saw his face, but by 10 minutes later, I was thinking they couldn't have made him look any closer. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Am I always the only one to disagree? Aragorn didn't convince me at all in this movie, I much prefered him in the first one. I didn't feel any power in him, any passion at all!He just felt tired, almost like wishing that he were somewhere else... <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Wasn't he supposed to be wishing to be somewhere else? Arwen? Kingship? Just he had to put his wishes aside. I don't think that that was a bad thing... still, I think I get what you're talking about.
Old 03-16-2003, 04:20 PM   #52
Cibbwin
Wight

Cibbwin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cibbwin Send a message via MSN to Cibbwin Send a message via Yahoo to Cibbwin
Sting

I agree, Viggo was an AMAZING Aragorn. I liked movie Aragorn better, as Magician of Nathar said, he was more human, with human weaknesses. He looks perfect for the part, his voice is perfect, he rocks! I'm currently growing my hair to his length and having it styled like that.
Cibbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 05:16 AM   #53
Merenwen Telrśnya

Sting

I LOOOOOOOOOVE ARAGORN !!!!!!<BR>Viggo acts like Aragorn, Viggo fights like Aragorn, Viggo looks like Aragorn, ...<BR>BTW : Viggo IS Aragorn!!<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> He's my wallpaper! <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Mine too!! And screensaver!!!<P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Mine too!<p>[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Merenwen Telrśnya ]
Old 03-22-2003, 05:30 PM   #54
merenwen
Animated Skeleton

merenwen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I LOVED it how viggo got into his character, it waz so real! you could just see how he WAS aragorn!
Old 03-22-2003, 09:55 PM   #55
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't think anyone is complaining about how Viggo dived into this role. He is absolutely brilliant. I think what people don't like Aragorn's reluctance to take the title that is his right. This is very different then the book.<P>To say Viggo's character is Aragorn is not really correct as his character does have some significant differences from the character in the book.<P>Again, this is not to distract from Viggo's performance or the fact that you greatly enjoy his Aragorn. There is nothing wrong with enjoying this character more then the one presented in the book, which personally (and here I am drawing fire again) I always found a bit too much of a stuffed shirt. I'm glad PJ brought him down to earth a bit.<P>H.C.
Old 03-22-2003, 10:08 PM   #56
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dūm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
I saw him!!!! It was absolutely amazing. I almost was screaming the whole time, but I did contain myself. He seemed sort of, shy, like he didn't really know what to say. And the whole time he had this black plastic bag. He came on stage carrying it, and I thought he was going to do something with it, but then he just walked offstage with it. It was sort of funny, hehe . <BR> <BR>My friend got his autograph!!! I was so mad. I touched it though! lol. I've been trying to get her to sell it to me . . . hmmm, I don't think she's going to. <BR> <BR>Anyway, he was just amazing. His portrayal of Aragorn in the movies was brilliant. Everything about him seemed right to me. Two thumbs up for Viggo! <p>[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 03-23-2003, 09:34 AM   #57
Elrowen Greenleaf
Animated Skeleton

Elrowen Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elrowen Greenleaf
Eye

I must say that I was extremely impressed by the movie Aragorn. (I read the books after the movie, but he seemed to fit the role perfectly). The movie Aragorn is exactly the same way I would have imagined him to be.

The bow of Legolas was singing.
Elrowen Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote