The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2003, 02:20 PM   #1
Lasgalen
Wight

Lasgalen has just left Hobbiton.
Question Email notification

Is there a way to edit my email notification of replies to only certain threads? I don't want to stop getting notification to all threads, just a few that I don't post in anymore.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:39 PM   #2
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I do believe that to edit email notification, you must go to your post in those certain threads and click 'Edit'. Then you simply un-check the box for email notification. Hope it works! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Peace
Old 08-25-2003, 04:14 PM   #3
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nope. You have to wait until the thread dies. Pick your threads more carefully next time. I get all kinds of stupid emails because of that.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:47 AM   #4
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

YUP! It's irritating!
I suggested a long time ago that they make it possible for you to "un-sub" from a thread, since I've seen that in many other places, but no one seemed to find that a good idea.
Maybe someday.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:59 AM   #5
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Lasgalen,
Sorry to have given you the wrong information! I suppose I got mixed up with something else whenever I was replying. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Peace
Old 08-27-2003, 01:49 PM   #6
Lasgalen
Wight

Lasgalen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
YUP! It's irritating!
I suggested a long time ago that they make it possible for you to "un-sub" from a thread, since I've seen that in many other places, but no one seemed to find that a good idea.
Maybe someday.
I agree. Especially after one has been on this board awhile. No matter how carefully I pick them, the threads seem to accumulate over time.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:30 PM   #7
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
We already have the forum settings dialed to "Maximum Irritation", but we make sure to carefully review every suggestion in hopes that we can come up with innovative new ways to annoy our faithful members.

Ha ha. Kidding, in case you didn't realize.

If indeed the Edit Post solution doesn't work (I personally have never subscribed to e-mail notifications on a topic), it means that there's a bug in the software. A bug that could probably be fixed, but only after we pay several visits to UBB support forums, track down the offending code, teach ourselves the proper programming syntax to fix the error, then code it and test it. In short, it's not something that's likely to be fixed any time soon.

Now that it has come to my attention, though, I have put it on the List of Things to Do if I Ever Have Spare Time, along with half a dozen other improvements, utilities, and upgrades that we'd like to have.

In the meantime, pick your e-mail updates with care.
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote