The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #361
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
And what's with the location, Formen? Morm pointed it out to me after Boro died and it looked to be an absolute giveaway.
Hint: The second Monday of October is the Canadian Thanksgiving...

Oh, what a brutal, painful, totally addictive game...

I was totally taken in... My brilliant thesis against Azaelia: totally wrong! I'll admit to having a twinge of indecision when Alcarillo agreed with me so easily, but clearly I didn't act on it...

Oh, the pain!

Still, I think it a miracle I survived the Wilwa debacle. I was just crying to be a Werewolf there.

Future Fellow Werewolf Players: When looking at my brillant theses, remember this abysmal game.

Still, that was FUN!
Old 10-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #362
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Great game everybody!

I'm surprised I won. My previous playing time was equal to three days across two games. Now it's quadrupled!

And imagine my delight when the two innocents had voted for each other! I almost felt like typing a you-fools-I-was-the-wolf-the-whole-time speech.

And great modding, Holby. I especially liked the epilogue.

Thanks go to my fellow werewolves. I couldn't have done it without you!
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:27 PM   #363
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Wow I actually did vote for a Wolf(on Day 2 I believe). That was very well played Alcarillo!

I will admit that wasn't my best performance in a WW game I've ever had. Hopefully my next game will be better.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:45 PM   #364
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
(though I regret not being able to hear from her long)
Thanks, though with such an early death I got to read almost all of the game as a wolf would (thanks to abercrombie). Which at least meant that the vast majority of this game felt normal...that one day as an innocent though, that was interesting. I kept saying to myself "Alright, now I need to convince SPM that I'm innocent without shifting suspicion to...erm...yeah...right...not a wolf..." What a useless paranoia to have picked up...

Still though, lasted longer than the last time I was innocent...that's worth something.

Good Job all, I enjoyed watching the confusion, the plot-twists (this was the first time, to my knowledge, ever that anyone refuted a player's claim to be gifted, and look where it led), and the suspense. (You do write very good deaths Holby).

Once again, Excellently Played...an exceedingly entertaining game.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #365
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelob's sig
Pan for everyone!
So thats where it came from. Ya know what Pebbly Shebbly, those pans really hurt, and its all because of your sig.

I personnaly think that Holby's deaths were some of the best I've ever read, they were suspenseful and very original. Good job Holby!
Old 10-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #366
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
those pans really hurt, and its all because of your sig.
Yeah, though it is just asking to be mis-used like that, and I'm glad Holby put it to good use. Most especially because she managed to use both the English and Spanish meanings (since I mean for it to be the Spanish word for bread)...it's like an amazingly bad pun in your death, and it's bilingual which makes it even better...

Incidently, since I'm finally in a position to request this, Could the Wolves please explain why they killed who they killed when they killed them? I've been given a brief run-down of my death but more details on all of them would be nice.

Many Thanks.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:46 PM   #367
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Tolkien

Quote:
Once again, Excellently Played...an exceedingly entertaining game.
And you wondered why we killed you?

Well played everyone, especially my dear wolf Alcarillo. Dear Eru, I was nervous the last day, but you played magnificently and eased my strained heart.

Well Shelob you know why we killed you, put I'll just put it out in the open for everyone else.

You're a logical thinker, you insist you don't think like SPM, but I still think you do, at the very least you're smart and have been successful in past werewolf games. Plus you've been a very succesful wolf and would most likely catch any of our devious plots. I think I confused Eomer and Alcarillo because they were both for killing Shelob and I knew, that at least Perky and Marcolie had knowledge about us being friends outside of BD, so I figured it would bring suspicion on me. And when I told them as much, they assured me that if I didn't want to kill my friend they completely understood, but of course that was completely opposite of my meaning, I quite wanted to see Holby's write-up for a dear friend of mine. I daresay many people would agree that it would be quite enjoyable for them to see the death of their friend.

Cailin was our next kill correct? Eomer had mentioned her as the seer and there were distinct advantages to killing her.
1) It seemed likely she was the seer.
2) Her and SPM seemed a little to chummy for my liking. It seemed to me, that Cailin could do no wrong in SPM's eyes (probably because he realised that she was the seer.) I've realised that I have strong urges to kill people that seem to close to Saucepan, because that generally means either he's spotted something that I haven't and they are gifted, or they are wolves trying to rally around him. In this game I knew who the wolves were, so the latter was ruled out and Cailin seemed likely to be the seer.

After that I was dead, so I can't really offer my views on the subject, except to say that the rest of the wolves did a superb job in killing the right people at the right time.

And great game modding Holby!
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #368
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Future Fellow Werewolf Players: When looking at my brillant theses, remember this abysmal game.
Hey I get some crazy ideas but they seem to never be correct. My opinions seemed to mirror SpM's on who the wolf was. I kept wanting to just click reply and yell can't you see that Boromir is the wolf. I thought it was interesting that day where Boromir and Formendacil came out and gave a little bit of an arguement to each other and said they were suspicious of each other then both quickly turned on another, I believe Azealia

What I need to know is from Abercrombie...Why? I was dying that day. I've rarely been so frustrated. I just couldn't get anybody to believe me. But I do thank Holby for making Boromir eat his words....it was kind of my request at the height of frustration...no hard feelings though Boro or anybody for that matter.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:05 PM   #369
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Tolkien

Quote:
What I need to know is from Abercrombie...Why?
Well Morm, I needed to get out of the game, I had too much homework to do and, though I enjoyed playing in it, I just couldn't commit enough time or energy to it.
So I started looking for a way out...and then it just fell into my lap.

When you posted that you were the hunter, I practically died; it was so perfect. I also knew the position you were in, you already had garnered quite a bit of suspicion against you and were looking likely as a lynching candidate, until your proclamation. I then decided that the best of situations would be to get out of the game and take a gifted down with me. I felt that we could still win without me, so I took the leap, and it worked out better than I could've hoped for. Sorry you were so frustrated, I only meant to cause a bit of mayhem and confusion and add to the suspense of the game!
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #370
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
why did the wearwolves kill Morcolie instead of Boromir two nights ago? I knew that he would be outspoken the next day, lke normal. I knew he would attack me and Formendacil. But I assumed wrongly that he would attack Formendacil. And we wanted to be nice because Marcolie asked to be killed.
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:38 AM   #371
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I knew at some point articstorm was the cursed wolf - he was the other likely candidate to be the Seer on Day 2. But I was honestly convinced either Boromir or Formendacil was the last one! So, great job Alcarillo.

Playing the Seer was immensely enjoyable and Holby - your modding was great, even the dreams were suspenseful. Thanks! Too bad I died, though, but I guess I had it coming.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:07 AM   #372
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Quote:
Her and SPM seemed a little to chummy for my liking. It seemed to me, that Cailin could do no wrong in SPM's eyes (probably because he realised that she was the seer.)
I figured out that Cailin was most likely to be the Seer on Night 3 as I reviewed the Day 2 proceedings. A number of her comments seemed to indicate that she had dreamed of me and found me to be innocent and that she had dreamed of Eomer and found him to be a Wolf. Both of us were likely candidates for early Seer dreams. So, on Day 3, I was keeping my eye out for further evidence to back this belief up. That came with a further comment from Cailin and, most particularly, Eomer's strong attack on her. I was also fortified in my belief by Boro's indication that he had spotted Cailin's comments. My only fear was that Cailin was a tricksy Wolf pretending to be the Seer. Luckily, that fear was groundless.

I was also quite certain that Cailin had dreamed of Azaelia on Night 3 both because Azaelia, having attracted a lot of suspicion, was a likely dream candidate and because of Cailin's comments about her. So, had I survived to the end, I would not have voted for Azaelia. That said, however, I would most likely have turned on Formendacil. I never strongly suspected Alcarillo, despite the fact that he transgressed most of the "rules" that I posted at the outset.

Abercrombie, I thought that your Hunter declaration was very strange at the time. But it turned out to be a stroke of genius. Had morm's declaration gone unchallenged, we most likely would have lynched wilwa that Day, and so an innocent would have died in any event. But you kept the suspicion on mormegil, meaning that two vocal innocent villagers (morm and me) could be disposed of at a stroke and preventing a known innocent from hanging around and being a thorn in the Wolves' sides (as morm would have been a risky kill).

Finally, although all credit goes to the Wolves for the win, I would just like to point out that the Villagers managed to kill three Wolves, which is pretty good going in comparison with other games. So due credit too to my fellow innocents and the gifteds.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:17 AM   #373
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I was also quite certain that Cailin had dreamed of Azaelia on Night 3 both because Azaelia, having attracted a lot of suspicion, was a likely dream candidate and because of Cailin's comments about her.
It's funny though I instantly regretted having dreamed of Azaelia the moment I sent her name to Holby. It proves that the best strategy for a Seer is not dreaming of the ones who gather the most suspicion during the day (because you can pretty much count on them being innocent anyway and if not, you'll find out soon enough), but rather the people you want to be able to trust.

I still regret I condemned Perky to the gallows - that was my fault indeed -, but my dream about Eomer then proved to be the wiser choice. Though my other candidate for the third dream, Formendacil, was also proven innocent in the end, it would have told me far more than a dream about someone I just wanted to be able to protect, after feeling serious guilty towards Perky.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:47 AM   #374
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
I thought it was interesting that day where Boromir and Formendacil came out and gave a little bit of an arguement to each other and said they were suspicious of each other then both quickly turned on another, I believe Azealia~mormegil
Yea, but then I bought Azaelia's "innocent" outcry, just didn't believe you for some reason. Mostly because I didn't see why a wolf would come out and claim to be the Hunter after the real Hunter did, though now I see why and Abercrombie did wonderful in sucking me in.

Quote:
When arctic was lynched and found to be a Wolf, I was convinced that the remaining Wolf was Boro.~Sauce
I kind of was thinking along those same lines too. If I was not to die that night, what would I say to convince the villagers I was truly innocent. Basically, I was thinking, if I was a wolf, and I had that much control over how voting would of turned out, I would have ended it that day, and not of wanted to drag it out another day when anything could happen.

But at the end of voting, it was pretty clear to me that, Azaelia was innocent, or atleast I bought it, and if she was a wolf she played it great, Formendacil was innocent, because she just at this point seemed very befuddled, and that Alcarillo was the wolf, because he had been playing very safe in voting lately. I was definitely going after him, but he made the wise choice of killing me then jumping on with Formendacil.

Well played by all our wolves. And if it wasn't for Cailin I probably would have foolishly followed Eomer (which I was doing up until that when she specifically said to me that it wasn't wise to follow a suicidal wolf).
Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 AM   #375
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
First and foremost, congratulations Alcarillo and the wolves. I would never have suspected you if it continued at the same pace.
At the same time good job to all other villagers and gifted, we managed to kill three wolves, which is difficult too in such a village-both the other games I read/played in all three wolves made it out alive which makes this a nice change .

Thank you wolves for killing me when I asked for it. This game is too addicting for its own good and, much like Abercrombie I found myself needing to get out for school related reasons. Ironically before the whole hunter deal happened I was debating being a suicidal villager and just coming in voting for myself and disappearing.

Abercrombie just wow. If you hadn't had to get out because of homework causing you to greet the wee hours of the morning (now you know how I feel :P) you probably could have made alot of damage (well for me I don't think my innate ability of trusting you too much was very helpful). But the way you got out definitally threw a curve ball. And was exceedingly memorable as well as taking down a gifted with you

Holby, thanks for the entertaining deaths for all. You made a great mod.

All in all, thanks for a great game all and I hope to play again sometime when finals are not on the horizon.

p.s. If anyone cares to know, the worst thing possibly in a werewolf game is an attack cat. You know how many times I've typed up this reply not to mention all of the ones I said during the game.

Last edited by Márcolië Lamen; 10-13-2005 at 08:31 AM.
Márcolië Lamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #376
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
... Formendacil was innocent, because she just at this point seemed very befuddled...
"SHE"???

Please tell me that is a typo... or something...
Old 10-13-2005, 01:00 PM   #377
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Hail the victorious Wolf! Alcarillo, you were tremendous.

And I have to agree with previous sentiments: This was a high-quality game and everyone can feel pleased with the contributions of Wolves and Villagers.

Abercrombie, I confess to gawping at my computer screen in amazement when you did what you did. I was highly sceptical of the plan. But I must retract those suspicions, for it worked out very well in the end to take out the known innocent. Well done!

And Arcticstorm (all these A's, eh?), 'twas a shame that I never got to strategise with thee, but I'm proud to say that it was my hopeless suspicion of you being the Seer that allowed you to join our team. It was the comments about Perky Ent that made me think that. You played wisely throughout.

I thought that there was a good chance that Cailín was the Seer, but I realised that killing her at night would point straight to me in any case. If she'd dreamt about me then there was no hope in defending myself anyway. And bagging the Cursed Villager was about as lucky as we could have got!

O, one other thing. Why did I pick on SpM? Because I knew it would be so much fun! Two suicidal wolves in one team? It worked out in the end.

And I too praise Holby with great praise. Very original modding.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #378
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Great game, everyone. I well deserve the name "Wrong-Way Azaelia" for this one. Brilliantly played, Alcarillo. Absoloutely amazing.

I must pose a question to Formendacil: Why were you so sure I was a werewolf that you thought you could just put yourself out there and say "WEREWOLF!!"? What did I do wrong? (Well that would be a very long answer!)

This was SO MUCH FUN. I lasted longer than I ever have in a game of WW...and that last day was a kind of warped fun, pleading for my life was an interesting experience!

Good job, all!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:34 PM   #379
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
My wolves Eomer, Abercrombie, Alcarillo and Arcticstorm.

I swear I folded a sheet of paper in 16 equal size parts, wrote everyones name and split them up. Then I had my three darling gals take turns and pick the special roles, mixing in between pickings. So it was coincidental I had 3 A's and all vowel names for the wolves. And believe me, I had to keep looking in my notes to keep them straight, especially with Alcarillo and Arcticstorm.

This was an exciting game and I was not rooting for a specific side to win, but there were defintely times I had know idea where things were headed. I'm really pleased that you all liked the storyline, and thanks again for the reps.

But I am glad to get my life back , my brain is fried and I want to read WWJr I game and hop on board with LOTR Survivor.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #380
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaelia of Willowbottom
I must pose a question to Formendacil: Why were you so sure I was a werewolf that you thought you could just put yourself out there and say "WEREWOLF!!"? What did I do wrong? (Well that would be a very long answer!)
Remember that analysis of you and Alcarillo on the last day? Where I went a listed voting records and such? What you see there is what was going on in my mind... Quite frankly, I thought then, and I still think, that you were the one who had the more incriminating voting record.

And, by the way, a great deal of thanks to Boromir and all those who kept up their day-after voting tallies. Those things were a lifesaver (no pun intended).

The thing is that I am really bad on picking up hints from seers and such. All that I really good with working with is the actual votes... and my analysis was that your voting habits were worse than Alcarillo's... although we all looked pretty bad there at the end.

As for my "vibes" from the earlier days regarding you being suspicious... nothing but groundless feeling. I could blame it on the "z" in your name, and that would be as true as any other reason I could come with. Except maybe your quietness. I suspect quiet players of being Werewolves a lot more than the noisy ones...
Old 10-13-2005, 07:45 PM   #381
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
"SHE"???

Please tell me that is a typo... or something...
The neg rep button lies nearby.

Great game, all, although I didn't get to watch it as closely as I wanted to. Once again Saucey is innocent; & once again the game comes down to that horrible one wolf - two villagers decision that is so tough to call.

As Holby knows quite well by now, I really enjoyed her death scenes. Each & every mod has done a great job, but Holby is near the top of my favorites list.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote