The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #361
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nogrod stood up and wandered to the desk once again.

"Okay, I've looked at Lommy here and would like to point out a few things, some of them are noted here earlier, some I think are not.

Moderately wolvish things:
- She has managed to vote only the innocents and basically also suspected only innocents (Kath, naturally is a questionmark still). She had a fleeting suspicion of Valesse when she was the talk of the town, but that never came to anything like making a case or voting. So careful not to do any damage and more than happy to try cases over innocents? I mean, mostly they are only suggestions or hints to cases and there are lots of them, but as Boro remarked, there very rarely is anything more substantial in them. A wolf might like to try whether one of them would gather momentum with the help of others.
- Voices suspicion on others who suspect others but then does it herself quite frequently. Her reaction to Kath's analysis at the early stages was a telling one. Still she is constantly assuring others about her own innocense and calls others fellow-victims and whatever. A bit too eager to state these. And the toast for Di...

More suspicious things:
- She took the he-factor up early enough on Day5, but was happy to still vote for Naria rather than Sleepy. Only on Day6 did she use it as some kind of a basis for a vote. But then earlier toDay she was quite ready to go after Kath
Quote:
at the moment she seems most probably to be the wolf in the bunch
as many had voiced suspicions of Kath yesterDay. And then, like a lightning from a clear sky she decides to take the he-factor and runs rampant on myself. One might be able to see here that she realised the worth of that argument only toDay. If she is the wolf, that point (thence a mistake by Glirdy) would be worth the whole game to her. It would be much better for her not to be the other one from whom we choose but to actually be safe.
- Also her almost rude attack on Gil the morning the wolf had been left a loner was somewhat non-Lommyisque. A frightened wolf ready to go for anything? There wasn't the intensity of toDay, but still both of these attacks do not look like they were made by an innocent Lommy.

To these I would like to add my earlier points on #359.

I don't know, but if I can't get anything better out, I'll be voting Lommy and hopefully helping the village to get rid of the monster.

I mean good heavens! Why would Boro put us three together (myself in the middle!) into a list, away from all the other text, if our status was not the same? If Lommy manages to twist the most probable facts of the list and manages to succeed, I'll surely bow to her, but not to us."

Then he filled his pint and got back to the armchair.

"I need some rest now. I'll be back."

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-19-2006 at 11:30 AM. Reason: correcting a quote.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #362
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"My findings with Kath are much thinner. Her first actions are somewhat eyebrow-raising, but RL-issues seem to loom behind at least some of them. I mean Days with just a vote or a post to say something and then slipping in to vote another time. Her famous and argued "Summary" (in #182) made me suspect her then, but she has defended it reasonably after that.

Surely it is notable that she has consistently drawn her own line in voting, voting mainly for those who will not be killed or are not widely suspected. Her vote of Boro on Day3 surely is interesting. A wolf might give it a go.

Intrestingly this involves consistently voting for Lommy every other Day. I hope your reason toDay is not that you voted for her yesterDay and now it should be someone else? The only ones to break the cycle were Boro (sic!) and the Naria-Wagon.

I suspected her a lot yesterDay evening. Her misleading references that Maca managed to spot, and her total turnaround on the most suspicious person from Lommy to Sleepy looked very bad indeed. Now as I know what this man-factor is, I can't blame her on that anymore. Well, opportunism, surely that is possible. As I said of Lommy: for a she-wolf that kind of mistake would be a gift, a real gift!

What I'm afraid is that one's happiness of being able to get oneself out of reach of the votes toDay will endanger the whole village - however innocent one is.

So even if I tend to trust the list still, I will take a look at Volo too.

But Lommy I'm most suspicious now. No wolf jumping on her vote on me as soon as possible is kind of a telling tale. If we all three are innocents, there is no need for anyone of us to hurry with the vote. Or is the wolf so scared of the Night to come - and a possible third ranger-save - that s/he wishes to stay quiet and not look too obviously wolvish at this time of the Day to have something to defend from toMorrow?

Nogrod leaned back on his chair, this time without his pipe. He was whistling an old Southron melody he had learned as a kid. He never had learned the words, but he was sure they were something about war and sorrow. It was a beautiful tune, but sad.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #363
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
"So Nogrod, you really want to put us against "the monster"? She sure seems more wolfish than you, but you are more subtle. I'll take example from an ancient ballad I heared just now somewhere in the deep left side of my head, it was something about death, wishing and a valley... I also noted that Lommy's ancestor was noted in the story, as a really unsuccessful wolf. The killer was as wolf as Lommy's ancestor, this tought me, that Nogrod shouldn't be as trusted as he is."

Volo felt really dizzy.

"I feel I'll lie down. I'll vote for either Lommy or Nogrod in an hour or two, if all's well enough..."
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:57 PM   #364
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Take a break Volo. I was just going through my memory-archives on you... At least for now I still trust you more than Lommy. And even more I trust the list of the Seer, before anyone gives me a reason to doubt it with a better explanation. I think Lommy in the end didn't give us one, partly because he didn't have time to answer my counter questions - and mainly as her case against it seemed already built up on ignoring a lot of reasonable points made earlier by many...

And yes, the lorebooks tell of wonderful things, but that's the basic essence of the lore; to have all possible versions of different actions remembered to us who come later. That is important as it widens your scope of imagination and makes you able to see different scenarios. But in the end you need to consider the facts known to you and the beliefs you can argue for - and then see the feeling you have - of the present situation. We are not in lore. We are only becoming lore.

So think about it yourself. You see now more possibilities. How would they fit here? What would confirm things and what would not? What can you actually believe here, in this moment? What have you seen and felt?"

Nogrod sat back and tried to concentrate, but did not manage it. His thoughts were running rampant around. So slowly he rose up and went to have an ale more, slowly sipping it as he came back to his chair.

"I'll be ready in a moment, I hope... Feel free to break my peace if you have something in mind", with that Nogrod took a long draught and fell backwards to his chair, closing his eyes as he went.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #365
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"By the way, what are your thoughts Kath? I think this is important enough to you too to make an input?" With that Nogrod raised up a little bit to see Kath sitting on her chair at the cornertable.

"I would really like to hear your thoughts before making my vote. For a wolf not suspected yet, this surely is the best situation to hold one's tongue and stay quiet, not giving the others anything to vote for. But if you're innocent, please let us know your thoughts. Otherwise it's hard to see you are after our common good..."

Nogrod fell down again.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #366
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
"I am after the common good Nogrod," Kath replied with a sigh, burying her head in her hands, "but I just don't seem to be of much help toDay. I've been trying to do these analyses for ages but I just can't seem to get anywhere with them.

The way I see it a few things could be going on here. If you are a wolf then you're taking full advantage of this fight with Lommy to take her words and twist them, and if she's a wolf then she's doing the same thing. However, if Volo is the wolf then he is being very smart and staying right out of it and will just vote along with whomever he decides will benefit him most.

Now, one of these scenarios must be the case but which I have no idea. I suspected Lommy a lot early on, Volo some but Nogrod not at all. But I am still inclined to believe that the wolf is male. I'm not sure that it is Nogrod because my ancestors have seen his ancestors try to get out of danger before and there is a very different style this time, though that could be due to more knowledge and less pressure.

Quite honestly I am most inclined to vote Volo. I found some of his earlier behaviour suspicious and between the two males he is the one I find more suspicious.

Nogrod, those are my thoughts. They aren't much and I apologise for that, but that's all I've got."
Old 09-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #367
Volo

"I might just as well save myself, sorry Nogrod, you were a great friend, teacher and talker, not to forget about boozer. Just is happens to be like that, I decided to believe Glirdys mistake and if you're a wolf, this is the last chance to win. If you're not the wolf, I'm sorry, but I had to decide and now I decided that I have more chances this way. Sad to kill a friend, though I rather have a killer free than a innocent person dead, but this is a nightmare I'll be glad to be out of.

++Nogrod, I wish you luck in your afterlife, I shall follow!"
Old 09-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #368
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kath looked up as Volo voted.

"Well." She said. "I just hope Nogrod is our final wolf or it's likely we're all dead. Doesn't even matter who I vote for now does it? Noggie reached two first so he's dead. I'm going to abstain from voting I think. I've done no analyses toDay so I have no reasoning and there really is no point. I'll hang around til the end though."
Old 09-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #369
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nogrod waked from his thoughts to the sound of Volo presenting his apologies for a vote. Slowly he rose up from the bench and went to get another ale. After drinking half of it he turned to the two others in the room.

"That is so sad." He made a pause.

"I was already building a very good case on you... and we might have made it to the lorebooks, I'll tell you. But well..."

Nogrod took his pipe and filled it with his strongest blend, shaking his head slowly as he used his fingers to fill it.

"All's well that ends well, they say. I don't know what to say of it now. Well, I tried my best, anyhow. But if you wish to see me as your friend or teacher, please learn to see which are the conditions for victory. It's not the individual success: if you're left alone with a wolf, it eats you, my friend. If you're not sure, you must be also ready to make a sacrifice to actually win through others. And that is counted! Read your lorebooks well, brother"

He looked at Volo to the eyes and took a long deep inhale from his pipe and held his breath for a moment before releasing the smoke.

"Ya'know, mates, never trust the mods... weird bunch of slipperers they are."

With that Nogrod stepped out from the bar and sat down to the well at the town square.

"Just let me finish this pipeful. I want to die up high..."

With that he closed his eyes and breathed the smoke in slowly.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #370
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
And that's it!! Everything is over! I shall have the final posts up....later! (By the way, this one is done on purpose!!! ) So please stop posting!! Everyone!!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #371
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The four final villagers gathered for what they hoped would be the final lynch. "Only two need cast their votes toNight," Wilwa said sadly. "Be sure you are happy with your decision." And she walked away slowly, never to be seen again.

The other villagers looked at each other and started addressing each other. Finally, two cas their votes...both for Nogrod.

The other three looked at each other, hoping they had made the right decision.

"So, what should we do to him?" Kath said nervously, always glancing sideways at Nogrod in fright.

"Well, we could attempt to trample him with my horses," Lommy suggested.

"No," Volo said straight out. "How about we poison him? I've been keeping some in my Inn to poison Wilwa..." he said, grinning evily.

"Ummm, no...." Kath said, horror struck at Volo's sudden outburst. "What if we cut him up and ate him?"

"Ugh!! NO!!!" They all shouted at once.

"I have an idea," said a deep voice behind them. "How about we do none of those, and I kill you all!"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

TO BE CONTINUED....TOMORROW!!!! ( )
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #372
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

White-Hand

The villagers turned slowly around to find a great hairy beast standing where Nogrod once stood. There was a big glob of drool hanging from his bottom lip as he slicked his lip in anticipation, excited at the meal he was about to recieve.

The villagers were rooted to the spot in pure fear. "What, are you all going to stand there as I kill you one by one?" Nogrod snarled in amusement. "Come on! I want a chase!" And he lunged at the Kath and Lommy, who screamed in utter terror.

Out of nowhere, an arrow zoomed into view and thudded right between the snarling beast and the girls. "Stay away from them!" Volo said quietly. The others turned to look at him. He had cast his Day garb aside. Underneath it, he had a sword attached to his sash and a quiver of arrows slung over his back with an bow out and another arrow already stung to it. "I said stay away from them you great ugly brute!!" Volo yelled and he fired off the arrow. It flew straight and pierced Nogrod's arm.

Nogrod howled in pain and ripped the arrow out of his arm. He turned quickly and lunged for Volo. He cast his sword aside and drew his sword. There was a deafning clang as Nogrod's claws clashed against Volo's sword.

A furious battle between the final Cursed and final Gifted errupted. They moved quickly, slashing here, clawing there. Finally, they stood ten feet apart from each other, each with cuts and scratches all over. Volo was panting heavily whereas Nogrod stood looking at him in pleasure.

"You have put up an excellent fight, Ranger. And I must comend you on your efforts to protect the village, but they were futile. You will all die anyway!"

"Is that so?" Volo asked, snearing. "Why don't you look behind you!"

Nogrod turned around quickly. Lommy and Kath, who, during the battle, had ran to Volo's Inn, had swords in their hands. Nogrod sneered. "Ha! I bet you two don't even know how to wield swords, you pathetic little whelps!"

"No, you're right," Kath said, smiling evily.

"We're just a distraction," Lommy said, smiling just as evily.

Then there was a loud twang from behind him and Nogrod fell, an arrow protruding from his heart.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Kath opened her eyes slowly, wondering where she was. "What, where am I? What happened?" She rose slowly and looked around. She saw Lommy and Volo standing there. And next to them was...Glirdan and Wilwa!

"What's going on?" she asked, utterly perplexed.

"That's just what we were asking," Volo said.

"Aren't you supposed to be dead, and you supposed to be lost forever!?" Lommy asked, frightened by what she saw in front of her.

"No, we are not dead. Neither are the people who you were with, with the exception of the Wolves. The others have been spared and sent back to their original era's. But you three have overcome all odds. You three, are exactly what we are looking for," Glirdan said smiling.

"And why's that?" Kath asked.

"Well, this all started awhile ago. Melkor, or as most no him as now, Morgoth, has laid siege on Beleriand," Wilwa started.

"Yes, know that, but what have these two got to do with it?" Lommy said inquisitively.

"We're getting to that, but these two need to know what's happening," Glirdan said shortly.

"As I was saying, Morgoth has laid siege on Beleriand and all it's inhabitants. He has put his most feared servant, Sauron, in charge of the island Tol-in-Gaurhoth. There, he breeds fell creatures, Werewolves in fact."

"And that's when I cam up with the idea of recrutting adventuerer's to come aid us. The only problem was how," Glirdan continued. "A short while ago, Wilwa and myself stumbled upon this little set up," he spread his arms to indicate the room. It was just then that Volo, Lommy and Kath noticed where they were. They were in a cave which was brightly lit and full of strange contraptions they had never even seen before.

"What is all this stuff?" Volo asked curiously.

"We don't exactly know, but we have thoughts," Wilwa answered. "With this equipment, we managed to travel to other era's in time and put everyone who was with you in a deep sleep. We brought you back here and put you in those pods."

"Now what happened is that once you were put in those pods, you all fell into a deep sleep and only until you were killed, or in your case, managed to find the Wolves, you stayed asleep. Once you were killed, you awoke and we sent you away."

"However, there are some who did outstanding work and we let them stay here. Boromir was one of those. We sent him off to help out in the war against Morgoth. And that is what you are here to do. You are here to help us in this war. That is if you would like," Glirdan said with a pleading expression.

Volo, Kath and Lommy looked at each other and said at the same time, "Of course we'll help!!"

Wilwa and Glirdan looked at each other and smiled. "Then be on your way, young heroes. The land of Beleriand beckons you!" And with a strange flash, the two Elves had disappeared.

"Man, they're good at that disappearing thing," Volo said, shaking his head in amazment.

"So, shall we go?" Kath asked them timidly.

"Yes, we shall. Follow me, for I know this land," Lommy said excitedly. And all three headed off out of the cave. They looked around the land.

Without a glance backwards, they set off into the sinking sun, not know what to expect on the horizon.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

VILLAGERS WIN!!!

Dead

Glirdan (mod) - Mauled to death on Night 1
Meneltarmacil (wolf) - Squished into a pancake on Day 1
JennyHallu (innocent) - Killed and her body stolen on Night 2
Diamond (innocent) - Hanged on Day 2
Valier (innocent) - Killed, ripped to pieces and hidden in her study on Night 3
Valesse (wolf) - Burned to a crisp on Day 3
Gil-Galad (innocent) - Killed himself in a pot on Day 4
Boromir (seer) - Killed, burried and eyes gouged out on Night 5
Naria (innocent) - Beheaded by her own sword on Day 5
Sleepy Ranger (innocent) - Buried under poorly erected gallows on Day 6
Macalaure (innocent) - Flesh and meat ripped off and organs left sitting in the skeleton on Night 7
Nogrod (wolf) - Pierced through the heart by an arrow on Day 7

Alive

Lommy (innocent)
Volo (ranger)
Kath (innocent)

Now, I'm sure there are things you are wondering, like the Seer and Ranger lists, so here they are! Now, if the Wolves, Seer and Ranger could explain their choices later, that would be great too.

Seer

Night 1 - Meneltarmacil
Night 2 - Valier
Night 3 - Valesse
Night 4 - Macalaure
Night 5 - Sleepy Ranger

Ranger

Night 2 - Lommy
Night 3 - Macalaure
Night 4 - Boromir
Night 5 - Nogrod
Night 6 - Macalaure
Night 7 - Nogrod

As for the ending, I told you it was far fetched.

Anyway, here are my congrats:

Nogrod - You did absolutely amazing!! I was so happy watching you choose your kills near the end. You planned them out perfectly. Too bad that Ranger got in your way a few times. Which brings me to my next one...

Volo - For your first time and in a Gifted role, I am greatly impressed. You too were amazing!

Kath and Lommy - Congrats on making it to the end and managing to stay under the radar.

Boromir - I don't think I've ever seen a Seer get that lucky before. I was shocked and impressed when you naile the first two Wolves in three Days.

Valesse - You did amazing, especially since this was only your second time and in a Cursed role. Many congrats!

Menel - I had high hopes for you, but Boromir went and nailed you on the first Day. Still, I know you would have done an amazing job.

Everyone else - You have no idea how proud I am of each and every one of you. All of you have amazing writing skills and amazing playing skills. Of all three games I've modded, this has been the most fun, the funniest and the best game I have modded. I owe you all a great thank you. So, THANK YOU!!!!

Wilwa - Even though you didn't do a whole lot, you helped me with the planning of the ending and you did the other stuff I asked you to do. Thank you ever so much!!

Now, you can all post away and rep away!!

And once again, thank you too all of you for an amazing game!!
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #373
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
You're welcome!

Congrats villagers!

I know I wasn't that useful near the end, very very busy in real life, but I still had fun reading everything and doing the few posts I did.

You all played very well!
Old 09-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #374
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Boromir - I don't think I've ever seen a Seer get that lucky before. I was shocked and impressed when you naile the first two Wolves in three Days.
You must have missed the game I was the Seer and Mithalwen modded, when I got Fea and Kuru, both wolves, in two days.

Congradulations villagers, and a super congrats to you Volo, for having two successful protections...(I'm not sure if that Ranger has done that in any game before).

It was fun seering, after I was whacked I was begging everyone to listen to Naria and Kath as they were pretty much dead on my votes and my mind. And eventhough if Nogrod was twisting everything I still never suspected him as a wolf, you almost pulled it off.

Basically just my thoughts. I've played with Menel before and know he can be a valuabe guy so I wanted to make sure about him right from the start, turns out bad luck for him. Then I thought exactly what Gil thought and perhaps Menel voted for Valier to throw us off, so I dreamt of her. I followed up my growing suspicions of Valesse with a dream. Then I really had no clue who the third wolf was. I thought perhaps Mac was trying to slip through, and if not him then Sleepy...Nogrod never came across as being a wolf, extremely bold move (don't think I would even attempt that ) but it almost paid off.

Good job for figuring the little conniving lycan out.

And a special congrats to Glirdan and Wilwa (glad I could make you laugh, ). I thorougly enjoyed this game it's got me back and addicted after I really wasn't sure about participating again considering how some prior games had gone.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #375
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

I only really followed this towards the end, but it was fun to watch. Well done to all concerned.

You villagers really should have listened to Naria, you know, when she pointed out that Boro had left some doubt as to Noggie's innocence. It seemed to me to be a very insightful analysis so, after she turned out innocent, Nog was looking pretty suspicious to me for the remainder of the game. Luckily for you, Lommy finally picked up on the point again at the end - just in time.

But you did a great job too, Nogrod, as a lone Wolf throughout much of the game. I was half rooting for you and half screaming in frustration every time that you were once again assumed to be part of Boro's "innocent" list.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #376
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
I have to agree. As I was following the game (almost obsessively. Honestly I think I refreshed the page more often post mortum than while I had business in it.) I had to cheer on Noggie's choice kills.

As for that strategy of ours... heh... it was a big bungled, but in the end looked rather different than it actually was.

Menel's death was rather upsetting for me at least. I didn't join the bandwagon against him not because... well... I'd look innocent, but because Nogrod has voted for him already, and our mission was first and most importantly to separate.

I ought to thank Menel here. When I was appointed wolf I had NO idea what to do about it. Honestly, this is my first 'gifted' position, and without that first hint of direction would have freaked out so quickly it wouldn't have been much of a game.

Oh goodness, I could go on until my death tonight, but alas right now I have homework and an early meeting. I will be back in a matter of hours to babble mindlessly on what I was involved with.

However I must mention to Boromir that I did think that Menel was "just joking". He was suppose to suspect Nogord that day from what I understood from our discussion the Night before.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:57 AM   #377
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I was wrong after all with the "I catch no evil intent" -thing.... Luckily the part I got right was the identity of the wolf. Cheers, Naria! We should have listened to you. Sorry for being a big factor in your lynch. (I can apologise after game, right? )

(By the way, Kath, what was so wrong with fellow victims? )

A great game everybody!

Especially Nogrod. Wonderful bluffing and back-stabbing. It wasn't that you were really suspicious on the last day but that Kath and Volo seemed just more innocent (partly by gut-feeling, I must admit).

Thanks for Boro too, for great seering.

And Volo, you were absolutely great for a ranger (and you were a newbie... I guess we tend to undervalue newbies.) Keep playing!

I must say, as a final note, that I was quite amused by the fact that the three people who were with me on the last day were my father, my RL friend and the first 'downer I ever really befriended with.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:45 AM   #378
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nogrod, you are a very bad person...

...and you know it...

...and you're probably proud of it!

How cold-blooded does one have to be to write something like the end of this post knowing you're going to kill the addressee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucey
I was half rooting for you and half screaming in frustration every time that you were once again assumed to be part of Boro's "innocent" list.
*sigh*
Boro was so sure about Nogrod's innocence, they were either both wolves, or Boro seer and Nogrod dreamt-of innocent to me. I even was suspicious of the two, but then Valesse turned out a wolf and I took the innocence of the two for granted. And after I saw I was right about Boro, I stopped questioning Nogrod. And that was my fault...

Whatever,
great game by everybody, especially Lommy, Kath and the not listened to Naria, and especially especially by Volo - amazing performance for a new one.

PS: Some of you called me Maca in this game. Pleeease, don't. Not only does it sound a little too feminine to me, but there's also the word 'Macker' in german, which is a not-so-nice term for a male.
I'm very fine with Mac.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:41 AM   #379
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
By the way, Kath, what was so wrong with fellow victims?
Lommy, I don't really know! I had quite convinced myself that you were wolvish that I picked up on anything. Basically, I've been an ordo and a wolf and I have only ever heard the wolves refer to the villagers as 'victims'. Any other time I've been an ordo I've heard the word 'innocents' used. That's why.

But hurrah! We won! And apparently we're off to help fight in more battles.

Volo - amazing job. You have taken the curse of the Ranger and thrown it right off. Living to the end and making some truly excellent choices.

Boro - fantastic, two wolves almost from the off. Well done for keeping under wraps for so long too.

Nogrod - you were so close! And you played it so well. You seemed so confident the whole time. I've been in your position and was constantly in fear, how were you not?

Everyone else, I'm so glad this was such a good game after the problems a few weeks back. Nice to have a fun one to start things up again. Great playing all round.

Thanks to Glirdan as well, I did like the roleplaying aspect and I just wish I'd had more time to give to it!
Old 09-21-2006, 05:27 AM   #380
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Blink and you miss it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
You must have missed the game I was the Seer and Mithalwen modded, when I got Fea and Kuru, both wolves, in two days.

Well it was a very short game, Borosir

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:28 AM   #381
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
AGH!!!! I just knew Noggie was evil. Especially that last day when everything he said sounded so reasonable and made no sense.

So, wolvsies, why'd I get killed so early?
Old 09-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #382
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, it was a good game, though I missed most of it. Nogrod almost made it there...

Anyhow, I was wondering why I was killed the first Day and thought it was due to my post about Lommy and Naria. It turns out now that I was actually the casualty of a Seer's dream, and a very wise choice of a Seer's dream as well. (I would have dreamed about you first as well, Boromir.)

I'd hoped that my comment about Gil-Galad's occupation and Glirdan's death would have been interpreted as the rather obvious joke it was, though...

Anyway, is it just me or have I always been suspicious of Boromir88 when we've played together?
Old 09-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #383
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
So, wolvsies, why'd I get killed so early?
Sounds like a good place to start today. After Menel was eliminated *sniffsniff* Nogrod and I... well... at least I was a bit frazzled. Basically instead of getting rid of Boromir (Which we should have!) we decided to pick a random person from the list (You, Jenny) in hopes that people would be thrown off by it. We also considered Lommy, which probably would have been much easier on Noggie IRL, but I completely forgot they knew one another.

During that second Day, Noggie tried to keep Mac and Boromir in close assosication with him, which most everyone picked up on nicely. Mwahahaha!

I had plans to frame Sleepy and Naria, but that didn't work out so well. Instead people were making a case against Diamond and Kath, and because I wanted it to look natural... I voted Kath. I must say that Nogrod's targets (Gil and Diamond) were much more effectively eliminated.

The third night Nogrod sounded like he was pretty sure he was going to die... Which I didn't understand at all.

As he had so gently stated the Day before, Boromir was going to be after me the next day, so naturally I'm panicing because all of my hope for a wolfish victory meant Nogrod staying alive... And keeping Nogrod alive meant we couldn't get rid of Boromir! Besides... now if we had gone and picked Boromir I would have looked twice as guilty as before.

Anyway, He was so stanchly protecting Noggie that it seemed foolish to remove him from our deceptive shield. You can't imagine how frustrating that was for me, so I gritted my teeth and suggested that we needed to get rid of Valier before she could put up anything incriminating against us. Hence her murder.

I knew the end was near for me because of you, Boromir *shakes fist*
Infact:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me, in 'secret' to Noggie
I feel as if there is a large chance that I will not survive tomorrow. I think it's important that we consider some post mortem plans if either one of us snuffs it during the Day.

Don't support me. I'd rather you vote for me than do what I did to Menel.
If we weren't suppose to be connected, what better way to remove a wolf from the 'pack' than to have it turn against it's own kind? I was sure it would promise us a victory and it worked until the very very end. Grr! So close, too!

I'd like to hear Nogrod's reasons for the other deaths, and why no one considered why the oh-so-innocent Nogrod lasted so long during the nights?
Old 09-21-2006, 12:25 PM   #384
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
1420!

Wow! I think this would have to be one of the funnest games I have been in and one of the most frustrating games. I really enjoyed myself this time! A special thanks to Glirdy and his moddess. Wonderful job, both of you. I really liked the rp format...I was a little apprehensive about it at first, but it worked out beautifully.

I knew that I had to have been on the right track(or somewhat) with Boro's dreams. After I went back and took another look at what he said...the pieces just fit together a little too good for it not to be right. After I died you guys should have heard me...I wanted to reach through the screen, on several occasions, and strangle some of you. I am just glad that Lommy used her better judgement for her last vote...wah hooo!!

Nogrod, you slippery bugger! You did a really good job for being a lone wolf. I still can't believe that so many people believed your bunk.

Volo, only one word comes to mind...Superb!

Boro, awesome seering. The only nit-pick that I would have is your 'innocent' list. Everyone is going to believe the seer's list no matter what happens and therefore I had a really hard time convincing others to the contrary. You dreamt of Mac, but why did you have Volo and Nog on your list?

Everyone else...congrats!! I loved playing with all of you

Oh yeah
Quote:
and why no one considered why the oh-so-innocent Nogrod lasted so long during the nights?
Why indeed! I mean come on...he's a really good player(therefore a threat to the wolves) and he lasts night after night and then it comes down to one wolf to find and Nog still stays alive night after night. I really did think that someone would have picked up on that.

Last edited by Naria; 09-21-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #385
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Absolutely Fabulous People!

This was a great comeback for the WW-games! A thriller, I might say... at least for me.

Back-stabbing my mates in the beginning of the game surely wasn't anything like my plan.

Sadly Menel went on the first Day the way he did. If I hadn't attacked him, all those who have played with me before would have gotten really suspicious of me not jumping hard on things I always go after in-game. And not the least when he would have been lynched and recognised as a wolf whom I didn't attack in my normal way...

Valesse I was waiting to save herself. Had she voted for Gil, she would have made it - and could have blamed the vote for self-preservation. I waited with my vote-message ready-written for her to post and reacted as soon as I saw she had done so - it was important she voted first to make Gil the first with three votes. I confess howling out aloud in front of my screen as I realised that she hadn't voted Gil.

So I realised being the small and lonely wolf among the frightening eight villagers, seer and ranger included... and decided to make a fight for it. Really, then I considered my chances quite minuscule indeed.

But it was sooo much fun!

Lommy I will have to re-christen to Lommy the Noggie's-Bane. This was the second time she actually triggered or arranged my death as a wolf and once she was one of the voters. Beautiful gaming Lommy! You had your eyes open!

Great gifted-work Boro and Volo! I remember Boro's earlier Seer-work too. You are just the the Absolute Seer! And Volo, you really started to annoy me when I realised that you had denied me the second time... You really made an impressive entry to the WW! Although in the end I think it was not so bad to my "career" in the game that there were those two denials...

And really, Macalaure. I'm actually apologising to you my last words to you in the game. I just couldn't resist the temptation to add some emotional scenes to our RPG-element (and to make myself look a bit more innocent, perhaps? )...

And how happy I was when I realised that the others didn't listen to you Naria! You had astonishingly clear eyes! A bow to your direction.

Kath: very skillful indeed! You managed to play so reasonably that it was really hard to try to construct a real case against you in the end and so I had to go on with the "I trust you" -manner. That was one nail in my coffin.

And kudos to all those dying early too! You played beautifully as long as it lasted.

And even though I kind of disliked the "he-factor" -slippage which in the end nailed me (I'm not saying I would have been a sure winner without it, but my chances would have been lot better), a big hand to Glirdy! You modded well, and the whole RPG-idea was just outstanding! I really enjoyed this game!

PS. My last kill choices. Boro and Mac because they were trusted by almost all and because they trusted myself. Why would a wolf do that? Well, that's just why... (And surely I was quite sure Boro was the Seer.)

Lovely!

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-21-2006 at 02:04 PM. Reason: corrected a fumbled idiom... ;)
Old 09-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #386
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
It turns out now that I was actually the casualty of a Seer's dream~Menel
It did help that I had dreamed of you. And even though if I knew you were joking, I just used a passed experience with Wolf Formendacil as my reason to jump on you so that it didn't look too seerish and I could lay low for a while.

Quote:
You dreamt of Mac, but why did you have Volo and Nog on your list?~Naria
I was thinking the same thing and was regretting doing it. I was pleading people to listen to you and Kath. After getting Valesse (sorry ), I was 99% sure I was the one targeted and then protected that night, so I pretty much knew I was dead meat the next day. I told myself that if the Ranger came out and said who he protected (glad you didn't Volo that was a great move), I would then come out and declare my seerness and reveal everything. However, this did not happen so I tried to stress the fact that I knew Mac was innocent, and as far as Nogrod and Volo, those were the two I felt were the most innocent, and was just going off a 'feeling' of them. In which one of those was wrong. Then you and Kath picked up on that very well, just it was hard getting people to believe you, especially with Nogrod around twisting things.

Nogrod, plain and simply I'm still shocked you were a wolf. Like I said in the game you'd be the greatest back-stabbing, yet brilliant wolf if you pulled off a win.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #387
Volo

Thanks Glirdan! You sure made me look heroic in the end-post :P Well, even if this did cost morning alertness, I enjoyed myself! This sure was a bunch of clever people!

Well, from my part this game was luck... Just protected the people in a succesful order and posted my own senseless opinions. I really feel that I haven't learned much and am still a total newbie... If not for Nogrod's teacher-role, I'd be dead and so would be Kath and Lommy. He sure left many clues now that I read some posts again, the reason I then desided to vote him (at midnight) was post #356 , maybe of fear or knowledge that this was the last chance to get rid of wolf-Nogrod...

Thanks to all of you! Especially to you, who really put your time in the game. I'll sure continue participating in WW!

But then this last question that I have wondered for some time! Did Nogrod ask Glirdan to make "the mistake"?
EDIT: it seems not...

Last edited by Volo; 09-21-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #388
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Then you and Kath picked up on that very well, just it was hard getting people to believe you, especially with Nogrod around twisting things.
That's what we lycantrophes are here to do to survive...

Quote:
Nogrod, plain and simply I'm still shocked you were a wolf. Like I said in the game you'd be the greatest back-stabbing, yet brilliant wolf if you pulled off a win.
Well, in the end I didn't... but who cares? It was so much fun that the win would have been just one more spice to the stew - a nice one to be sure - but anyway. As I said, I really enjoyed playing again and am more than happy with the game as it went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
But then this last question that I have wondered for some time! Did Nogrod ask Glirdan to make "the mistake"?
EDIT: it seems not...
Correct! I may be a "sporty player" who likes to take risks and try daring tactics (as voting for Sleepy was, as I wanted to finish the game the "beautiful way", however it would turn out), but I'm not wishing to play it at a "Deity-level"... which that request would have made it!
Old 09-22-2006, 02:17 AM   #389
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valesse
I'd like to hear Nogrod's reasons for the other deaths, and why no one considered why the oh-so-innocent Nogrod lasted so long during the nights?
Hey, I got to it on the last day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
After I died you guys should have heard me...I wanted to reach through the screen, on several occasions, and strangle some of you.
Poor you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Lommy I will have to re-christen to Lommy the Noggie's-Bane. This was the second time she actually triggered or arranged my death as a wolf and once she was one of the voters. Beautiful gaming Lommy! You had your eyes open!
I don't even want to see the game where I'm a wolf and you're innocent though...

Besides, this game earned a new title for Menel. He might from now on call himself a Fenris Wolf. Almost all of us are proud to have the title (see signatures). Though, there's one traitor, and he would even have the honorary title Fenris Penguin...
Old 09-22-2006, 06:04 AM   #390
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Though, there's one traitor, and he would even have the honorary title Fenris Penguin...
You wouldn't be referring to me now would you?

That wasn't an accurate portrayal, I just need to learn to shut my mouth sometimes. (Or I guess my fingers?)
Old 09-23-2006, 03:26 AM   #391
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
You wouldn't be referring to me now would you?

That wasn't an accurate portrayal, I just need to learn to shut my mouth sometimes. (Or I guess my fingers?)
You could be proud of your mistakes... (like me)