The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #121
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
So Cailín thinks it would be ridiculous for Innocent-Eomer to attack The Saucepan Man? Well, quite frankly m'dear, I think you're being ridiculous when you say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
He states he would never pick a fight with SpM if he's a wolf. Ridiculous.
Read again, sweetie. I say it's ridiculous you would never pick a fight with SpM if you were a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer, earlier this Day
If Eomer were a wolf, he would not be insistent on a quarrel with The Saucepan Man; to act in such a way would be madness
As you more or less say here. Actually, I think you'd be more than mad enough to do that. As a matter of fact, I think you already did. But hey, we each have our own thoughts and toDay, I am fighting a losing battle I believe.

Quote:
Good night. And try substituting 'fierce' with 'passionate' when you talk about me. Thank you.
Fine. I'm here to please.

---

Articstorm, I'm sorry, but all these xs and zs and everything are far too confusing. Just tell me who you think is guilty?
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #122
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The interplay between Eomer and SaucepanMan is indeed becoming very interesting. And SpM's theory of Eomer being a sacrificial wolf is intriguing though possibly misguided. I hope that all we have here is two misguided passionate people who find guilt in each other. Nothing has changed and to help voting come along I will vote

++ARTICSTORM

and would suggest that we keep the voting close between about 4 people or so. 7 seems too many to add any real fear to the wolves.

I would like to give a piece of advice for our dear seer: Please dream wisely. I know that you are but I believe that at times we get so caught up in certain people, ie Eomer and SpM currently that we overlook others and those others end up being the wolves. So dream of somebody that may be somewhere in the middle of you suspect list. You don't need to heed my advice but consider it.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:22 PM   #123
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Time for me to vote.

++The Perky Ent

A generally suspicious fellow, he's been on suspect lists for the past two days. If the voting goes mostly between him and Arctic, we could try to figure out who's trying to save whom by the last votes.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:46 PM   #124
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Tolkien

Well, well, well, we come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

++ ARTICSTORM

I feel (eeny meenie miny moe told me, between Articstorm and Perky ent) that Articstorm is a wolf. Mostly I only went along with this because of the amount of information that we shall have if he is innocent. Of course, I hope that if we lynch him he proves to be furry, but I also think we can learn from his death.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:00 PM   #125
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I'm not sure what to make of this opposition against arcticstorm. Either he's fooled me and he's fair in language, but since I find myself agreeing with him right now, I can't vote for him. His theories make sense, and as he's said...
Quote:
first of all, let me update your post a little I am saying if X is awolf then y is quite possibly innocent, but if x is innocent than z is quite possibly a wolf. There are no guarantees to this, but I just tend to try to follow a more deductive approach using the inductions that others have already stated.
Quote:
I am less supicious of Perky right now because he seems too suspicious, like Formendacil yesterday.~arcticstorm
I also agree with this.
Quote:
The interplay between Eomer and SaucepanMan is indeed becoming very interesting. And SpM's theory of Eomer being a sacrificial wolf is intriguing though possibly misguided. I hope that all we have here is two misguided passionate people who find guilt in each other.~mormegil
Or two wolves playing a game with eachother, which is quite scary. Though with Eomer's words and early vote I doubt it as a strategy a wolf would use, but nevertheless something that I wouldn't doubt Sauce and Eomer trying to pull off.

Marcolie's cooled my suspicions, but I said earlier I wanted to hear more from Alcarillo. Nothing's changed and this particularly gets me worried...
Quote:
I'm here! And I say "Lynch somebody whose death would give us the most information".
I would never propose this strategy, let's lynch someone who we get info out of, even if he's innocent. It may be Alcarillo's strategy, as an innocent, and possibily looking down the road, but this is something I do not concur with or I would not propose unless that person is becoming a burden on the village. Which I do not see Perky as being yet.

I won't vote for Alcarillo today, because one it will throw yet another name out there, and two I don't think it will go anywhere, but I want to hear an answer tomorrow. (If I'm alive).

I'm going to follow Eomer and say...

++Saucepan

He worries me.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:06 PM   #126
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So, currently tis

Saucepan - 2
Arcticstorm - 2
Perky - 2

Boromir88 - this is the second time you vote the same way as Eomer (though not literally). Are you sure you wish to be in league with a suicidal wolf?
Old 10-02-2005, 03:11 PM   #127
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
Boromir88 - this is the second time you vote the same way as Eomer (though not literally). Are you sure you wish to be in league with a suicidal wolf?
Being a simple villager I don't know who's a wolf and who isn't. So, of course I'm always worried about who I'm siding with and who I'm suspecting, at any moment I may be wrong. As I said earlier I have no reason to suspect Eomer as of yet, could be good, or could mean my own death, only time will tell.

Well, I must be off, supper time then I won't be back.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #128
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
Summary of votes so far

SpM (3)
Boromir
Eomer
Zali

Artic (3)
Abercrombie
mormegil
Perky

Perky (5)
Alcarillo
wilwarin
Cailin
SpM
artic

Azaelia (1)
Marcolie

I'm debating throughing another name into the mix to spread out votes, but am not sure whether or not to yet.

edit: updating votes as people vote

Last edited by Márcolië Lamen; 10-02-2005 at 04:58 PM. Reason: updating votes
Márcolië Lamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #129
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Decisions, decisions. I think I will vote now. I believe that we should keep the number of suspects down as a way to make wolves nervous. So I'll vote for someone already on the table. The person on the voting list that I am least suspicious of is Perky, and it seems like people want to lynch him because of the information it would bring, and not because they are sure he is a wolf. It's just convenient that his death, innocent or not, would tell us something.

Sauce (due to his strong assertions and passionate argument against Eomer) and Arctic (because I think his reasoning is flawed) both send up red flags, but I think Saucy's red flag is a little redder.

++Sauce

because of that paradoxial part of WW: defend yourself and you look suspicious, but you can't just let yourself be lynched, either. It's the way he's going about defending himself that looks suspicious to me. I'm very sorry that I can't give any better explanation than that...it just sends up red flags to me.

edit: cross-posted with Marcolie and Boromir (that is, they posted while I was still working on my reply)

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 10-02-2005 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Cross-posting
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:06 PM   #130
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

This is strange. How did SpM get blamed for my attacks on Eomer? I don't believe, Azaelia, you have read everything quite thoroughly, either that or you're suddenly high on my suspect list. I can imagine why the wolves would find SpM a bigger threat than me, for I fully accept he is a generally more intelligent player than I am, but I cannot believe a villager would vote for him because of what I suggested today.

Be back soon with more...
Old 10-02-2005, 04:17 PM   #131
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Interesting. As matters stand I get lynched, even if Perky or arcticstorm get another vote each.

I wondered, when I talked about Eomer putting me in a dangerous position by giving me the first vote of the Day, whether anyone would take the bait. It seems that the bait has been well and truly taken.

I rather tend to the idea that Eomer is not a Wolf. He just seems too guileless to me at the moment. If he was a Wolf, I would expect him to play much more intelligently, rather than putting himself well and truly in the firing line as and when I am proven innocent. And he just doesn't seem the type to volunteer for the sacrificial role out of a group of three Wolves.

But it is clear to me that either Boromir88 or Azaelia is a Wolf, for their subsequent votes for me. What an opportunity for the Wolves to rid themselves of one thorn in their side (me) while implicating another (Eomer). It's unlikely that both are, as that would be risky, but it's a possibility.

At the moment, my inclination is that, out of the two, Boro is the more likely Wolf. his vote for me came out of nowhere - he previously suggested that he tended to trust me - whereas Azaelia has at least expressed doubts about me previously.

I will save my vote, as I may have to save myself. And believe me that, although I am innocent, I will not hesitate to do so, as I believe that the village is better off with me alive. If I don't have to save myself, I will probably vote for Boromir88.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #132
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Double posting because I had not read Azaelia's post properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaelia
Sauce (due to his strong assertions and passionate argument against Eomer)
Could you point me out where I have made any strong assertions or passionate arguments against Eomer to-Day, please? I might have had justification to do so, but I don't believe that I have sought strongly to argue his neck into the noose.

Azaelia and Boro now look equally suspicious to me.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #133
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
I am inclined to beleive that Saucepan is innocent, so I will try to seve him from the noose if I can, unless it condemns me.
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:37 PM   #134
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
Seeing as everyone seems to be saving votes to keep people alive, I'll make the vote that I had been debating over making for a while now and vote for
++Azaelia
suspicious especially after her voting for SpM, and another place to spread votes out too. She was much more suspicious than the three voted for so far to me at least anyways.

Last edited by Márcolië Lamen; 10-02-2005 at 04:42 PM. Reason: fixing typo
Márcolië Lamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:40 PM   #135
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Pipe

++Arcticstorm

'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #136
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I will have to leave now and despite the fact that I still have doubts whether he's just a blundering innocent or not, I will vote for

++The Perky Ent

Hoping that articstorm at least will do the same. I just don't want SpM to die because of my hotheaded accusations.

If I do not survive the Night, I think you all know who to go after tomorrow (or am I creating a set-up here?).
Old 10-02-2005, 04:52 PM   #137
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
I do not want innocent blood on my hands, but I will trust you and in order to save Sauce,
++Perky Ent
Old 10-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #138
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

If I die to-Day or to-Night, I shall outline my pick for the three Wolves:

Perky - for the reasons outlined by many previously, most particularly his flaky vote for Gil and his inadequate explanation of it. And for his vote for arcticstorm. It would have been too obvious and too risky to vote for me. It just seems the most sensible Wolf vote at this stage in proceedings.

Azaelia - for posting relatively frequently but saying very little. And for voting for me, on very shaky grounds, and thereby trying to eliminate both me and Eomer from the game.

Marcolie - for her vote for Azaelia - a vote for a fellow Wolf at a stage where it is very unlikely that she will be lynched.

I might well be wrong. But I am convinced that either Boro or Azaelia is a Wolf, and its possible that both are. And I think that Perky may well be a Wolf, although I am by no means certain.

On that basis, given the current state of voting, I have no option but to vote for:

++The Perky Ent

I strongly believe that the village is better off with me alive, unless one of the other options is a gifted. If Perky dies and turns out to be gifted, then I will no doubt have a lot of explaining to do to-Morrow. But to-Morrow is another Day, and I somehow doubt that he's gifted.

Edit: Cross-posted with arcticstorm and Cailin. I might have voted differently had I seen their votes before voting myself. Oh well, what's done is done.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:55 PM   #139
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by person who just voted for me
(or am I creating a set-up here?).
Um...yes! I personally don't think Saucepan to be a werewolf. I just went with my stomache (which could be going haywire, since I have a cold) and it told me that I shouldn't trust Arctic, so that's why I voted what I did. I do hope you don't just bandwagon me to save Saucepan.

'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 10-02-2005, 04:57 PM   #140
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I did not, Perky. I do distrust you and I know many others do. It would really clear things up to know whether you are innocent or not.

Now I really must leave.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:59 PM   #141
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Pipe I think this will be my last post :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucepanMan
If Perky dies and turns out to be gifted, then I will no doubt have a lot of explaining to do to-Morrow.
Indeed you will! Have fun protecting yourself at night with me dead

Looks like this is my number. If I die, Good game everyone! Glad to take part in your little experiment

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 10-02-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:01 PM   #142
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Eye

Well, it looks like Perky's going to-Day. Sorry, Perky, you wouldn't have been my first pick for the gallows to-Day, but there we go.

I doubt that I shall die to-Night, what with all the suspicion around me. If I do, it could be an attempt to set up one of those that I have strongly accused to-Day. But I tend to think that I am getting close to the Wolves, particularly as far as Azaelia and Boro are concerned. At least one of those two is a Wolf. I am sure of it.

Edit: Cross-posted with Perky. Well well, it looks like he's the Ranger. Shame he's not the Hunter. Oh well, looks like I shall be busy tomorrow.

Doesn't change my other suspects though.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:09 PM   #143
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Pipe

Quote:
Oh well, looks like I shall be busy tomorrow.
I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote:
I doubt that I shall die to-Night
I'm not stopping you SaucepanMan, you made me almost want to get lynched. You were just too confusing. Tomorrow would be a good time to go into lawyer mode. An eye for an eye

Old 10-02-2005, 05:22 PM   #144
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky
An eye for an eye
Sad to say, but you're probably right. Shame, because it's one sure-fire way of handing over the village to the Wolves.

I have been reviewing the voting in light of Perky's claimed (and now probable) innocence.

My top suspects are now:

Azaelia: As noted before, has posted quite frequently and said very little of help. Voted for Gil-Galad yester-Day and me to-Day. Her vote for me to-Day looks to me like an attempt to take out both Eomer and I.

Marcolie Lamen: Voted for arcticstorm (someone whom I now tend to view as innocent) yester-Day and Azaelia to-Day. Her vote to-Day was a perfect opportunity for a Wolf-on-Wolf vote.

Wilwarin: Like Azaelia, has posted quite a bit, but said little. Voted for Perky yester-Day and to-Day. Has made very few other accusations.

Note that none of these have voted the same way on a Day, yet all of their votes look suspicious to me.

Hell, I could be completely wrong. I certainly haven't dismissed the idea of Boro, or indeed a number of others, being a Wolf. That's just the way that I'm thinking at the moment.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:24 PM   #145
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Cross-posted with Perky. Well well, it looks like he's the Ranger.
Oh crap.

Well I guess I'm going to have to come up with a nice long defence for myself.

I would like to apologize Perky.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:24 PM   #146
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Dear Readers of the Wasted Times,

My apolgies for taking so long to getting back to you. The great danger of issuing a press statement is that the time of its release is dependent on the publication's going to press.

First of all, I'd like to thank those who defended me in my absence during the latter half of Day 1 of this terrible tragedy, and thus far in Day 2. I'd like to state that, while I cannot provide conclusive evidence that would not be struck down as hearsay, I was, in fact, doing as Eomer said, and really just striking out to get the pot stirring and to fulfill my civic duty before being called away for an unavoidable emergency.

At that point in Day 1, it was impossible to tell from the scant evidence who the killers were. Without a second crime or third crime to determine a pattern, and without a local law enforcement to gather clues, our only recourse for the gathering of information that would lead to a conviction was to poke and prod people into talking- and possibly revealing more than they ought.

Unfortunately, this did not happen, and I mourn the death of Shelob, my fellow common villager.

However, having managed just now to review the debates of those trying to solve the mystery, I have to wonder just who is guilty.

Boromir, and Eomer are temporarily granted indulgences on my part, in their defence of me, and in that they seem to be more cautious in their voting- while still seeking the truth- which is as it should be.

Saucepan Man, however, seems too pushy in his attempts to seek the guilty. And I do not absolve him of guilt in my own mind, but I will keep him on my personal suspect list.

Azaelia is my true fear at the moment. She says enough to be considered active, but lets the debates flow mostly without her input. Seems werewolfish to me...

I am very suspicious of Perky as well, but for now, I think it best that I vote:

++Azaelia of Willowbottom
Old 10-02-2005, 05:38 PM   #147
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Sting Sword? What could that possibly mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538
Oh crap.

Well I guess I'm going to have to come up with a nice long defence for myself.

I would like to apologize Perky.

*hops up and down in a circle* I was saying to myself "I just bet someone's gonna say 'Oh crap. He's the ranger. >.<' and I got my wish "

I apologize for you having to come up with a defence, but that's the price you took when you voted for me Your apology is accepted. I'm actually having more fun knowing i'm condemned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil, who is aparently clueless
I am very suspicious of Perky as well
...where have you been the last few posts? Just for this one post, unlike all my others on this thread, I will not use the pipe icon, but the sword!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #148
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Silmaril

It's a shame that you weren't here earlier, Formendacil. We might have spared Perky and caught the she-Wolf Azaelia.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:42 PM   #149
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
*TIME* all votes are in
Old 10-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #150
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It was a grim day and the sky reflected the grey in everyone's heart. After retrieving Shelob's remains, some helped the cemetary keeper dig holes, others helped prepare and dress the bodies for their eternal sleep.

There were befitting obituraries and lifelike sketches of the deceased in the newspaper. The tradesmen worked hard on the tombstones made of finely grained woods and metals interlaced with silver.

The funeral was held at mid-morn, under the angry sky. The villagers passed by the dead saying their final goodbyes and placing in each open casket a small token or trinket of importance, while a sweet soprano voice sang lyrics of haunting beauty of life and loss.

Spiritual and psyche councel were available, but everyone wanted to get the ghastly deed done, another had to die.

Again much speech and again votes tallyed. When The Perky Ent- pipeweed salesman's hit highest, the men came to hog-tie him as well.

"There is no need." said Perky, with his right hand raised palm forward.
"I have always been in service to this village and you have my word that I will not run."

They followed him outside, where he knelt down by the tree, unsheathing his sword. The villagers watched in awe as his countenance grew fair and determined. Perky sang in a language known only to a few elite.

"I hope this will bring the much needed knowledge to help you all, I make my final sacrifice. I lived by the sword and honorably die by the sword." With these final words The Perky Ent-Ranger of the North, plunged his sword through his torso.

villagers:9
wolves:3

dead
Holby(mod) clawed from wolves night 1
Gil-Galad(Ordinary)shot by firing squad day1
Shelob(ordinary)killed by wolves jack-o-lantern style night2
The Perky Ent(ranger)executed by his sword day2

living
Morm
Formendacil
Wilwarin
Saucepan Man
Eomer
Arcticstorm
Alcarillo
Abercrombie
Marcolie
Azaelia
Boromir
Cailin

~wolves may P.M.
~names from wolves, seer, hunter

Last edited by Holbytlass; 10-02-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:59 PM   #151
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

After the Ranger's ultimate sacrifice, the men solemnly bore him on their shoulders back into the Inn with the women trailing behind wailing and gnashing of teeth.

They laid Perky on the bar of the tavern hall. Then began a night of celebration, opening many barrels and smoking many pipes in his honor and the others' memory. Music and dance filled the hall along with cheers.

Hours later the tavern hall was thick with smoke and the fevered pitch still high. One foolishly stepped outside alone for a bit of fresh air. Trying to gaze through the cloud filled sky for a glimpse of the stars, the one didn't notice until too late the three wolves sprinting towards themself.

One of the wolves leapt up and caught the villager by the throat dragging, with the help of the other two, the one deeper into the woods....

The villagers finally woke up, their heads as hazy as the hall and suffering massive hangovers. All lined up for the morbid and mandatory head count.

Instant sober for they were all of them there.

villagers:8
wolves:4

deadHolby(mod) clawed from wolves night 1
Gil-Galad(Ordinary)shot by firing squad day1
Shelob(ordinary)killed by wolves jack-o-lantern style night2
The Perky Ent(ranger)executed by his sword day2
nobody on night3

living
Morm
Formendacil
Wilwarin
Saucepan Man
Eomer
Arcticstorm
Alcarillo
Abercrombie
Marcolie
Azaelia
Boromir
Cailin

~wolves stop P.M.ing
Old 10-03-2005, 06:07 PM   #152
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

I'm going to quote myself here. Oh crap.

Looks like we now have 4 woles to worry about.

I would just like to say that I'm sorry for my very large part in Perky's lynching. I was so sure about him and was terribly wrong. Now I can't help but think that it's my fault he is gone.

I'm going to think a little harder about who I suspect and come up with some better reasons.

I can't do that now, but I will tomorrow.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 10-03-2005 at 06:22 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:15 PM   #153
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Oh my, our wolves have caught thee curs-ed. I wonder if anyone else here happens to be a deprogrammer? I'm beginning to feel I need an unbrainwashing!

If we don't catch a wolf tonight, our situation becomes dire. With no Ranger, and if the hunter doesn't happen to pick a wolf we could be down 6-4 going into the next day. I'm curious to see who this newly acquired person is, but let's focus on a wolf tonight.

My suspects:

1) Arcticstorm- he tops my list today, as you will see in a post (probably tomorrow but maybe later tonight) arctic had no suspicion of Perky, even as went as far as saying he believed Perky probably wasn't a wolf, but still ended up voting for him.

2) Sauce- Same reasons as yesterday. Don't trust him, and trust him even less now that he voted for Perky and tries to turn suspicion towards me.

3) Alcarillo- Doesn't say much. Voted for Gil and Perky, not a very good track-record.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #154
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticstorm
I am inclined to beleive that Saucepan is innocent, so I will try to seve him from the noose if I can, unless it condemns me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
1) Arcticstorm- he tops my list today, as you will see in a post (probably tomorrow but maybe later tonight) arctic had no suspicion of Perky, even as went as far as saying he believed Perky probably wasn't a wolf, but still ended up voting for him.
Now with this, as my previous quote says, I was more inclined to beleive in Sauce's innocence than Perky's. At the time I thought that Saucepan would be more useful to the village than Perky, and so I tried to save him. Unfortunately this led to the lynching of our ranger. We have to be very careful, We only have two chances to catch a wolf before they kill us all.

Last edited by arcticstorm; 10-03-2005 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-03-2005, 06:22 PM   #155
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Just an idea but how about we lynch who ever we think the Wolves might have chosen last night? I know we can't really know that since we don't know who the wolves are, but its just an idea.

You know everyone has a 50/50 chance of voting for a wolf. Just thought that was kinda strange.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:26 PM   #156
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

actually, it is more of a 33% chance of voting for a wolf since one third of the population is made up of wolves. Obviously we ar elucky because the seer is still alive, but unfortunately any dreams he may have had earlier that have pointed to an innocent are completely useless now. I will go back through my records and post a list of how the votings went yesterday.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:35 PM   #157
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have not checked up on anybody's suspicions yet, but here is a list of who voted for whom in order yesterday

Eomer voted for Sauce
Mormegil voted for Arcticstorm
Alcarillo voted for Perky
Abercrombie voted for Arcticstorm
Boromir voted for Sauce
Azaelia voted for Sauce
Marcolie voted for Azaelia
Perky voted for Arcticstorm
Cailin voted for Perky
Arcticstorm voted for Perky
Sauce voted for Perky
Formendacil voted for Azaelia
Old 10-03-2005, 06:35 PM   #158
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
I am less supicious of Perky right now because he seems too suspicious, like Formendacil yesterday.~arcticstorm post #120
And I said...
Quote:
I also agree with this.~post #125
And my main reason for not voting for him.

Which you go further on to say in the post I quoted you on above...
Quote:
Right now everyone is suspecting him and he needs an advocate, even if it is not that good of one. Even if he is guilty, what the village needs is to look at everyone through all lenses
and...
Quote:
They will not beleading the attack on perky, but they will join in, and not near the end either, somewhere in the middle if that is where it ends up.
Which you joined in, though it was towards the end, but as you say "a wolf wouldn't join towards the end, but in the middle..."

And since I think arctic is possibly a wolf, I wouldn't doubt if we had a Sauce-arctic duo, who seem to be connected, yet not in a strong way. Arctic says, if Perky's a wolf he wants to write off Sauce (with a few other names-I think Wilwa and morm, though I think he might have just tried to throw them in there) as an innocent.

Quote:
Just an idea but how about we lynch who ever we think the Wolves might have chosen last night? I know we can't really know that since we don't know who the wolves are, but its just an idea.~Wilwa
Not a bad idea, our situation is becoming desperate, this may be of some help.

Edit: I got the suspects, but just debating if I want to save it for tomorrow, I might as well do it now.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:42 PM   #159
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538
Just an idea but how about we lynch who ever we think the Wolves might have chosen last night? I know we can't really know that since we don't know who the wolves are, but its just an idea.
I was thinking along the same lines myself. If I were guessing who would have died tonight I would have said that 3 candidates were most likely.

SpM
Eomer
Cailin

This is of course under the assumption that they were not already wolves. I say SpM and Eomer because of their little battle. If both are innocent the wolves take out an intelligent villager and cast a lot of suspicion on the other. Now this would be an obvious set up attempt but we, the villagers, would possibly believe they were trying to pull off the double-bluff.

Cailin, intelligent and contributing member but had little to no suspicion on her. Just like Shelob the night before.

I am thinking though that the new wolf will show us some change of heart that will be telling.

I am beginning to view Marcolie with much greater suspicion. I think there is much more than meets the eye in her and I think I may be voting for her today.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #160
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

The situation is already dire, Boro. A third of the Villagers are now Wolves. You are right that we need to catch a Wolf to-Day. Which is why I believe that all of the remaining innocent Villagers (and I can assure you that (still) includes me) need to think clearly and carefully to-Day. It is not a Day for half-cocked accusations or hasty voting. We need to look at all the evidence that we have so far, if possible with freash eyes. It is very easy to get stuck in the rut of suspecting and accusing the same people each Day. Suspicions accumulated over the two Days may well prove right, but each Day the evidence changes and we need to look at it with fresh eyes. This is even more true now than it was before as we unfortunately have a new enemy to contend with, someone who will not have been thinking like a Wolf up until now. On the plus side, it does increase our odds of catching a Wolf, but that is little comfort.

In any event, for these reasons, I am reconsidering everything anew. I have done much thinking to this end overnight but, given the addition of an extra Werewolf, I need to think some more.

For now, here is the voting from yester-Day, in the usual format:

1. Eomer for SpM (SpM - 1)
2. Wilwa for Perky (SpM - 1; Perky - 1)
3. Mormegil for arcticstorm (SpM - 1; Perky - 1; arcticstorm - 1)
4. Alcarillo for Perky (SpM - 1; Perky - 2; arcticstorm - 1)
5. Abercrombie for arcticstorm (SpM - 1; Perky - 2; arcticstorm - 2)
6. Boromir88 for SpM (SpM - 2; Perky - 2; arcticstorm - 2)
7. Azaelia for SpM (SpM - 3; Perky - 2; arcticstorm - 2)
8. Marcolie Lamen for Azaelia (SpM - 3; Perky - 2; arcticstorm - 2; Azaelia - 1)
9. Perky for arcticstorm (SpM - 3; Perky - 2; arcticstorm - 3; Azaelia - 1)
10. Cailin for Perky (SpM - 3; Perky - 3; arcticstorm - 3; Azaelia - 1)
11. Arcticstorm for Perky (SpM - 3; Perky - 4; arcticstorm - 3; Azaelia - 1)
12. SpM for Perky (SpM - 3; Perky - 5; arcticstorm - 3; Azaelia - 1)
13. Formendacil for Azaelia (SpM - 3; Perky - 5; arcticstorm - 3; Azaelia - 2)

I will post my further thoughts, either later tonight or tomorrow (RL time).

In the meantime, might I ask why you suddenly voted for me out of the blue yester-Day, Boro? It is all very well to say that I am vocal and articulate and therefore, if a Wolf, dangerous. But that equally applies to you, and to a number of others here. And it was only your latching on to Eomer’s vote for me, without having previously given any indication that you might vote for me that turned my suspicions towards you. I thought I saw an attempt to use Eomer as a “patsy” and kill two (innocent and, for the Wolves, troubling) birds with one stone, as it were. But, as I said, I am now considering everything afresh. Basically, as matters stand, I am not discounting anybody. But neither do I intend making any rash accusations.

Edit: Cross-posting with a few people there.