The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2005, 09:29 PM   #241
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man

My inclination is to trust Abecrombie. If she was a Wolf, she would surely not claim to be the Hunter simply in reaction to a declaration by a mormegil-Hunter, as she is not in particular danger at this time. Given what has been said so far to-Day, a Wolf-mormegil is more likely to claim to be the Hunter than a Wolf-Abercrombie. Plus I had mormegil pinned as a Wolf in any event.
Oddly this makes me feel that SpM is innocent. Let me explain, I am along with AoR (and her two mates) are the only ones who know the whole truth. I find it difficult that a Wolf-SpM would come to her defense after such a blunder. Because when it is found that I am innocent then we will know AoR is guilty and that would naturally implicate SpM as suspicious. But by his coming to believe in her makes me think he is simply a misguided innocent. I offer myself to be lynched today because I know that I will be able to kill a wolf now, whereas at night I have no guarantee.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:41 PM   #242
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
I offer myself to be lynched today because I know that I will be able to kill a wolf now, whereas at night I have no guarantee.
Well, clearly we should lynch one of you as, if we get the wrong one, he or she will take the Wolf in Hunter's clothing with him/her.

But which one?

Thoughts anyone?
Old 10-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #243
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
edit: what I had said wasn't true and I just realized.

Of the two I'm more inclined to trust Abercrombie because Morm is on suspect list anyways...but that may be why the wolves are trying to take him down..
Old 10-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #244
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I've told you my motives for telling you. I had no clue that AoR would falsely claim it and I truly thought that it would clear up our discussions today not cloud them more. I wanted to get my name off the suspect list so we could discuss true wolves and get away from me the Hunter. But again lynching me is okay because I will take AoR down with me, thus making my death worthwhile.

But what I would like to see happen is continued discussion as to who the other wolves may be so this day isn't wasted solely on AoR and me.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #245
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Another possibility is for us to lynch neither if we had strong suspisions on someone else. The wolves wouldn't be able to kill the hunter without losing one of their own at night too and we'd be able to watch the two of them for more suspicious activity. The wolf would know that, yes, but we wouldn't kill the hunter randomly and we may have better luck this way. Of course, this can not be over done and the hunter cant' be kept as an innocent forced to be kept alive too long or the wolves will manage to take over, but knowing that one of two people is a wolf may help us later on when we may have better chance of knowing which one is the wolf and which is the hunter.

Just something else to consider. We don't need to lynch one of these two. We need to at some point, but it may be best to keep our options open at this moment.

Either way we should at least discuss the other wolves to some degree.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:09 PM   #246
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Another day... another great loss... And already the Villagers-that-be are fighting- and this time they fight over which one is the Hunter: Mormegil or Abercrombie?

And so, my list:

Saucepan Man: As noted yesterday, Eomer's conviction goes miles towards helping exonerate Sauce. Unless he's our Cursed Wolf, which to me seems unlikely now, he is definitely a villager, it would seem. Cailin's faith in him prior to yesterday backs that up.

Boromir88: I trusted Boromir yesterday, and his successful diagnosis of the Wolf-Eomer only serves to firm up my feeling that he is, in fact, a most likely innocent villager.

Mormegil: I trusted Mormegil yesterday, but the fact that he didn't vote for Eomer- at a very crucial time too, when Eomer was leading in votes, but still at an early, indecisive, stage, is most distressing- as is his status as one of the claimants to the Hunter title. Thus far, I'm tempted to think Abercrombie the Wolf- but not definitively. In any case, Mormegil seems VERY suspicious.

Wilwarin: That Wilwa went along with Mormegil right after he started the Alcarillo distraction gives me reason to think that she could be another wolf. If anything, I suspect her MORE than Morm, since he COULD just possibly be the Hunter (although I think it unlikely at the moment).

Marcolie Lamen: Seems very unlikely right now to be anything other than an innocent villager. The only strike against her is that she's quiet- but as my own case shows, that doesn't necessarily indicate guilt, only a reason for a quiet suspicion. However, with bigger targets like Morm and Wilwa on the horizon, I am willing to pronounce her innocent- for now.

Abercrombie of Rohan: Seems more likely than Morm to be the Hunter, but the if she's NOT the Hunter, then she's definitely the Wolf. However, she seems a more likely hunter if only on the basis of the fact that she DID vote for Eomer yesterday, whereas Mormegil started, or tried to start, a diversionary vote.

Arcticstorm: I still don't trust Arcticstorm 100%, but his vote WAS the deciding one that killed off Eomer. I suppose it's possible he saw what way the wind was blowing, and wanted to avoid suspiction... No judgment here, just a cautious note to watch him.

Azaelia of Willowbottom: Seems suspicious. Her vote for Eomer came after he was already convicted de facto. Is it just an attempt to ingratiate herself with the Villagers, or is it a sign that she is one of them? Somehow, it seems easier to picture it as the former...

Alcarillo: This guy has me stumped. The fact that Morm and Wilwa voted for him in their attempt to upset the Eomer bandwaggon suggests that he is an innocent, but it COULD be the fourth wolf, keeping a low profile. What's more, he doesn't vote for ANYONE, which is even more suspicious, in my opinion. If Morm and Wilwa ARE the Wolves, then he's my bet for the last member of the quartet.

Overall, I think it will be clear who my big suspicions are: Morm and Wilwa. Their behaviour yesterday, and even more so the behaviour of Morm regarding the Hunter, strikes me as dangerous.

I would say that it would be best to strike down Wilwa. IF by some chance Morm is innocent, we will know when he dies tomorrow- and thus be certain that Abercrombie is a wolf...
Old 10-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #247
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
I've told you my motives for telling you.
I can understand a morm-Hunter's motives for revealing himself, but I can also see good reasons for a morm-Wolf to claim the Hunter role. Being under some pressure and in danger of being lynched, he saw an opportunity to flush out the Hunter, which is important information for the Wolves, and possibly take the Hunter down with him. If the Hunter is dead, or if at least his/her identity is known to the Wolves, they can kill at Night without fear of losing one of their own.

What I find difficult to understand is why an Abercrombie-Wolf would claim to be the Hunter in response to a Hunter-morm's declaration. Why put herself at such risk? The only possibility I can think of is that she wanted to protect another Wolf who was looking to be in danger. Which would point to wilwarin, about whom many doubts have been expressed to-Day already. On the other hand, why put herself in the firing line to save a Wolf who will remain under suspicion?

Quote:
But what I would like to see happen is continued discussion as to who the other wolves may be so this day isn't wasted solely on AoR and me.
Oh, I have no intention of neglecting discussion of the other Wolves. Indeed, I think that it is essential that we all continue to put forward our thoughts, since this may well assist the Hunter in making his or her choice should s/he survive to-Day and be targetted by the Wolves to-Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcolie Lamen
Another possibility is for us to lynch neither if we had strong suspisions on someone else. The wolves wouldn't be able to kill the hunter without losing one of their own at night too and we'd be able to watch the two of them for more suspicious activity.
I can see the sense in this - provided that we are confident in our choice. Clearly it would be better to-Day to lynch either mormegil or Abercrombie (resulting in the certain death of a Wolf) than to lynch an ordinary and innocent Villager.

On current thinking, and subject to further discussion, I would not be averse to the idea of lynching wilwarin to-Day.

Formendacil, your thoughts very much mirror my own, which helps to nourish my growing confidence in you. I will expand on my thoughts on the remaining villagers later to-Day.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:08 AM   #248
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
Boro, I am pretty confident that you are innocent too. You and I have one suspect in common (wilwarin), but I would ask you to take a close look at mormegil.~Sauce
Indeed I have and now I will be so bold as in to say Wilwarin and Morm are both WOLVES. Mormegil has been a lot like Eomer in attacking Sauce. This is what the wolves have to do. To kill him would be far too dangerous and incriminating so they try to scheme up these wild possibilities and theories, that seem appealing but really have no basis behind them.

And Eomer and Morm seemed to be quite chummy between eachother yesterday...
Quote:
Also, Mormegil: You, sir, are very creative.~Eomer, Post 191
To kill Sauce would be far to incriminating, especially if he was right on who are remaining wolves are (which I think he is), so they scheme up a plan to use against him to try to get him lynched. It's funny how I felt the same things that Mormegil was thinking of Sauce at first. I thought I wouldn't doubt it if Eomer and Sauce are both wolves going at eachother to fool everyone. But, once realizing Sauce wasn't an original wolf, and I doubt he's the ex-cursed, I backed off, while Mormegil still tries to push it.

I'd say Mormegil is our wolf and Abercrombie is our hunter. Why did Mormegil reveal his identity? There was no reason to. Really only Sauce was breathing down his neck, I was skepticle, but now it's very apparent to me morm's a wolf trying to get away with his treachery.

Abercrombie's revealing of herself makes perfect sense, because Abercrombie's the hunter and morm was lying when he revealed himself. There was no need to spout out he was the hunter, it was an attempt to get all of our suspicions off of him. If Mormegil was the hunter, there was no reason to reveal himself, he wasn't under that much suspicion, only from Sauce. Thankyou Abercrombie for stepping up, and letting us find another of these lupines.. If you didn't pick wilwarin tonight, I would suggest you to hunt wilwarin if the wolves go after you. But that's just my suggestion, you are the one who has to decide.

++mormegil
Old 10-06-2005, 05:14 AM   #249
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

If that's hard to follow about, basically between who to believe morm or Abercrombie...

IF mormegil was the hunter, why did he feel the need to reveal his identity? To me there was no reason behind it, he acted like we forced him out of it. Which means he obviously is a wolf, trying to throw away suspicion, and get away with his treachery. Why he revealed himself just doesn't make sense IF he was the hunter, which makes him a wolf.

Abercrombie, if she was the hunter, she needed to reveal herself and I'm glad she did. If morm's trying to pass as the "real" hunter, it makes perfect sense for the true hunter to come out and say, hey I'm the hunter here. Morm's "I'm the hunter" was an attempt to stop suspicion from building up, and I'm glad Abercrombie has stepped up and revealed her identity. We now have another wolf down.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:16 AM   #250
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Well I'm not even going to try to defend myself since you all seem so sure about me. But I will tell you(though it probably won't do much) that it will be a mistake if you lynch me.

I think Morm is the one lying about being the Hunter. I really don't think a wolf would pretend to be the Hunter after someone already admitted to it.

Yesterday I voted for Alcarillo, it was obviously one of my mistakes(I seem to be making a lot of those). I was terribly wrong about Eomer.

Now if both Morm and I were wolves, I seriously doubt we both would have voted for Alcarillo, especially within a few posts of each other. Eomer was most likely going to be lynched, that was fairly obvious at that point I believe. So I don't think two of the other wolves would have tried to get the voting in another direction. I was a fool to follow along with it.

Now let me guess. You are all going to say this was all a wolfish trick. Well fine. But it isn't.

I am going to vote now. Hopefully this will be my first right vote in the game(even though for all we know my vote for Alcarillo could have still been right)

++Mormegil

crossposted with Boro
Old 10-06-2005, 06:48 AM   #251
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Ack! Boromir88! Just as I was beginning to get a good feeling about you, you go and put in an early vote. Don’t get me wrong. I still view morm as the more likely Wolf out of our two possible Hunters. But I intend to wait and hear what everyone has to say before finally making up my mind and casting my vote.

Now that I think on’t, you are habitually one of the earliest voters. Is there any reason in particular for that?

And could you also put my mind to rest on one other tiny residual niggle that I have. Am I to understand you to be saying that your response to Cailin’s comment about Eomer being a suicidal Wolf shows that you realised at that point that she was the Seer and that this therefore speaks in your favour? It’s just that, while I don’t doubt that you (like me) were confident of her identity by the start of the next Day, I don’t see anything in your response there to suggest that you realised it there and then.

I’m not accusing you. Not yet, anyway. It’s just that, even if it is the case (as I believe) that mormegil and wilwa are Wolves, there is still one more to catch. And I am fairly sure that, as things have developed during yester-Day and to-Day, that Wolf will have been doing his or her darnedest to distance him/her-self from the other Wolves. So, while I am inclined to trust some more than others, I am still not discounting anybody (except whoever out of morm and Abercrombie turns out not to be a Wolf).

Wilwarin has said nothing to assuage my belief in her guilt. Her vote for mormegil does not surprise me, nor does it reassure me about her. And I don’t regard it as unlikely that two Wolves voted for Alcarillo yester-Day. The point has been made on a number of occasions that Wolves like to spread their votes around, so perhaps they thought that we would assume that two Wolves would not vote for the same person. Certainly, that’s what wilwarin seems to be claiming in her defence.

And, while on the subject of Alcarillo – where the deuce is he? His silence does concern me, because I have seen him about over the last Day or so. Did he speak at all yester-Day? He certainly did not vote, and he has not spoken yet to-Day. Why on earth would that be?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:26 AM   #252
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538
Now if both Morm and I were wolves, I seriously doubt we both would have voted for Alcarillo, especially within a few posts of each other. Eomer was most likely going to be lynched, that was fairly obvious at that point I believe. So I don't think two of the other wolves would have tried to get the voting in another direction. I was a fool to follow along with it.
No I don't either and you make a mistake in saying this Wilwa, for when my innocence is proven, as it surely will be today, you will be implicated further. So I truly hope that you are not innocent.

*Sigh* I don't know what else I can say. I've been accused of making up crazy theories but it seems they are being made up about me too. Why would a Morm-Wolf (knowing the way these things work) declare himself the wolf? The only possible reason would be to flush out the Hunter. The Hunter is usually a liability and they usually (always?) kill innocents. Why would the wolves be worried about them? I was rather taken aback when AoR claimed to be the Hunter too. If you lynch me today I promise you all that you will loose your last gifted! I know that won't be taken seriously but mark my words. The only person I see speaking any sense today, besides myself, is Márcolië Lamen.

SpM since you seem to think me guilty but at least have a level head about it please do an analysis of what an innocent mormegil would mean and strategy for tomorrow. That way you can get a head start on it.

I see Wilwa's vote yesterday as an attempt to save her friend. I will pride myself on knowing that I helped flush out two wolves if Wilwa turns out to be one too. I knew Alcarillo would not be lynched but that Eomer would. So a vote for him was rather meaningless. However the wolves would view this as a chance to not vote for their comrade and give him a fighting chance. Think about it. And SpM please take my request seriously. If you are innocent you will thank me in the end.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:50 AM   #253
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Why would a Morm-Wolf (knowing the way these things work) declare himself the wolf? (emphasis added)
Freudian slip, anyone?
Old 10-06-2005, 09:04 AM   #254
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dűm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
AS of right now, I am beginning to lean more towards the innocence of Mormegil, but that may change by the end of the day. My reason behind this is that I do not understand why a fake hunter would reveal himself when the real one is out there still. I am confused about this whole affair.
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:11 AM   #255
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Why would a fake hunter declare himself when the hunter is out there or when the hunter just declared himself. Either way they know they're going to die. Its the same logic.

I'm thinking we may want to think about wilwarin and see if any more freudian slips or other hints come out from anyone.

I wouldn't say there's any reason to go against artic for feeling differently than us. Its best to have an innocent devil's advicate in case we're wrong.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:50 AM   #256
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcolie
Why would a fake hunter declare himself when the hunter is out there or when the hunter just declared himself. Either way they know they're going to die. Its the same logic.
Precisely. The difference, however, being that, prior to both revelations, I had directly accused mormegil of being a Wolf and Marcolie had indicated strong suspicions, whereas Abercrombie had not come under much suspicion at all. Surely the one under the greater pressure is the one more likely to resort to such a desperate ploy.

To coin a phrase used by our dearly departed Seer, are you sure you want to align yourself with a suicidal Wolf, Arctic?

I'd like to hear more from Abercrombie on this. And I'd also like to hear something - anything - from Azaelia and Alcarillo.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #257
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand Sorry for the double post, but ...

... a thought just occurred to me.

A question for the Holberator.

Does the Hunter's Night-time target hold for the next Day, or does the Hunter get to make a fresh choice (ie one different from the previous Night) if s/he is lynched by the Village during the Day?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:45 AM   #258
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Boots

So SpM your mind is obviously closed to the possibility of my innocence. I wrote that post first thing when I woke up and was needing to run because I was running late. I feel so frustrated now, I came out hoping to help the village and all I get for my efforts are jeers and nitpicking. So SpM I submit my request again to you--just do an analysis of what it would mean if I am innocent. I want to give you a head start.

I find it telling that two people are willing to vote for me so soon, hoping to start a bandwagon before we even here again from AoR.

Bah! I give up on trying to tell you intransigent ingnoramuses that I am innocent and will begin to focus my attention on finding actual wolves. Because even though you have turned your back on the ranger and now the hunter I will not turn my back on you.

My list of wolves are (in order this time)
1. Abercrombie of Rohan
2. Wilwarin
3. Boromir88

Márcolië Lamen has dropped from my suspect list because of her intelligent thought and being innocent I agree with her strategy. I'm glad I didn't die tonight or you would have died with me

Articstorm has become much lower on my list too. Not cleared 100% though

SaucepanMan while extremely frustrating and bull-headed is not likely guilty, though like Articstorm not 100% cleared.

Azaelia in looking back over Cailin I believe she may have dreamt of her and I believe her to be innocent.

Formendacil I'm still unsure about.

Alcarillo about the same as formendacil, I just can't get a great read on him and was hoping to hear something from him yesterday in regards to my vote but obviously we didn't.

so there is my list take it or leave it.

Last edited by mormegil; 10-06-2005 at 01:25 PM.
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #259
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
from the Holberator:

I've always thought that the hunter could decide who to take down with them at time of death, giving the mod a name at night is a courtesy in case the wolves happen to choose them, and during the day if it looks like the hunter is going to be lynched to P.M. a name. Therefore, the name does not have to be the same as the night before.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:52 AM   #260
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Time slips away... fewer hours are left until our next gory evening than from this morning...

I am still of the opinion that Morm is the wolf and Abercrombie is the real Hunter- but I still think we should lynch Wilwarin- getting rid of the most obvious wolf, and allowing the wolves to clear up for us just who was/is the Hunter.

And I hope that others will vote the same way...
Old 10-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #261
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Behold the Holberator! Praise her with mighty praise! (Thanks)

Mormegil, I would be interested to hear from you a rational explanation of why on earth a Wolf-Abercrombie would claim to be the Hunter following your revelation.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #262
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Leaf

Quote:
Mormegil, I would be interested to hear from you a rational explanation of why on earth a Wolf-Abercrombie would claim to be the Hunter following your revelation.
To be honest I do not know other than two possible explinations and that is why I was as dumbfounded as the rest about it.

1. Inexperience, which she has
2. To cause some confusion

oh and a 3rd
3. A quick rash decision that she didn't think about too much and now regrets.

I agree with Formendacil that Wilwa should go and if the wolves kill me tonight I will bring down AoR but I doubt they will kill me now, they will leave that for the innocents.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #263
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

As I said, I will wait to hear more from Abercrombie.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:08 AM   #264
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
I agree with Formendacil that Wilwa should go and if the wolves kill me tonight I will bring down AoR but I doubt they will kill me now, they will leave that for the innocents.
Well, if you ARE the Hunter, you would be a logical choice to take down... and by killing AoR with you, we would be down a Wolf and down a Hunter.

On the other hand, if you are a Wolf, and you survive, the logical choice tonight to take down would be AoR- whom you know is a hunter, and who would likely take you down with her.

Either way, the village wakes up tomorrow morning and is down one Hunter and one Wolf. Works for me...

Of course, having said that, the Wolves- whoever they are, will likely push today for Morm or AoR's death, killing off the real one, claiming the other one is still the Hunter, and go off to kill someone else...

I still think it best to vote off Wilwa.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #265
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Not to push my own death or anything but I said that if not lynched I probably wouldn't die tonight because I really don't think they would kill me. Let me explain why. The wolves know that I'm the hunter and I know that I am, all innocents do not however. So by not killing me tonight they would not loose AoR (wolf) at night thus another day of confusion, unless people begin to believe me, would follow. But we could make it work to our advantage because we will always know that AoR is a wolf and therefore not trust her. If lynched today I may bring down Wilwa with me instead and let you lynch AoR tomorrow. But to do that I need to be 100% certain of Wilwa's guilt
Old 10-06-2005, 11:30 AM   #266
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
On the other hand, if you are a Wolf, and you survive, the logical choice tonight to take down would be AoR- whom you know is a hunter, and who would likely take you down with her.
Formen, I seriously doubt that, if the Hunter lives to see the Night, the Wolves will attack him/her, for they are likely to lose one of their number if they do. They will go for an innocent who can do them no harm.

OK. Here's my thinking.

If we lynch either mormegil or Abercrombie and get it right, we will be down one Wolf and one innocent (the Wolves' over-Night kill) to-Morrow morning. Count: 6-2

If we lynch either mormegil or Abercrombie and get it wrong, we will be down 1 innocent (the Hunter) and 1 Wolf to-Day and we will lose a further innocent over-Night. Count: 5-2

If we lynch wilwa and she is a Wolf, to-Morrow will find us down 1 Wolf and 1 innocent. Count: 6-2.

But, if we lynch wilwa and she turns out to be innocent (which is still a possibility in mind, albeit unlikely), we will be down 2 innocents by to-Morrow. Count: 5-3

I would prefer the certainty of killing a Wolf to-Day and then see where we are to-Morrow (although it is quite possible that I will not be here). So my preference would be to vote for either mormegil or Abercrombie. Probably morm, on the basis of the evidence to date, but I have not yet made my final decision.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #267
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
If lynched today I may bring down Wilwa with me instead and let you lynch AoR tomorrow. But to do that I need to be 100% certain of Wilwa's guilt
No morm. If you are the Hunter and you are lynched, you must go for Abercrombie. In that situation, you can be 100% certain of her guilt, while you can never be 100% certain of wilwa's guilt.

Same goes for Abercrombie if you are the Hunter and end up being lynched (except that you must, of course, go for morm).
Old 10-06-2005, 11:51 AM   #268
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
No morm. If you are the Hunter and you are lynched, you must go for Abercrombie. In that situation, you can be 100% certain of her guilt, while you can never be 100% certain of wilwa's guilt.
Fair enough, unless there is a majority that feel otherwise I will go for AoR if I'm lynched today.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:59 AM   #269
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

If we lynch wilwarin and she doesn't turn out to be a wolf we'd be 5-3, taking in tomarrow we'd be 4-2 assuming we lynch the wolf. and 3-2 if we get the hunter. This gets to 1 day to get the last wolf who we are not sure of.

If today we get the wolf we are sure of then tomarrow lynch wilwarin, in the worst case it'd be 4-2, still only have a day to get one because they'd kill an innocent at night.

But once you get out of the worst case senarios, lynching Wilwarin today if it turns out to be a mistake hurts us in comparision to waiting for tomarrow when we'll be more sure.

This applies to the hunter too, in fact more importantly. If we kill the hunter and they take down a non-wolf, we'd be 4-3 tomarrow. Lynching tomarrow would be easy, but then we'd be 3-2 again, and with even less to go off of.

Hunter, do not make the mistake of taking down a only probable wolf, instead take down the known wolf and hunt Wilwarin tonight. You'd surivive the night too unless she's an innocent, in which case we'd be 4-3...

Be smart with choices everyone.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:46 PM   #270
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Eye

Part of the reason people are not suspecting AoR is because some people, SpM, are saying that she wouldn't come out and lie about her not being the hunter because she had no suspicion on her. I call you attention to this post where she goes out of her way to say that she has had a good amount of suspicion on her. I think that she has, as a wolf, felt more suspicion on her than she actually had and is panicking, or so to speak "feeling the heat". She buckled under that pressure and thought this would be an out. I will say one last time if you want to keep an innocent around, albeit a possible liability (hunter that is) lynch AoR for she is are true Lycan.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #271
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Ack! Boromir88! Just as I was beginning to get a good feeling about you, you go and put in an early vote. Don’t get me wrong. I still view morm as the more likely Wolf out of our two possible Hunters. But I intend to wait and hear what everyone has to say before finally making up my mind and casting my vote.
~Now that I think on’t, you are habitually one of the earliest voters. Is there any reason in particular for that?SpM
Call me a bit trigger happy. It's pretty apparent mormegil claimed to the hunter to throw off suspicion from himself. And if it wasn't for Abercrombie, I would have bought him as a hunter. I saw no reason why he had to reveal himself if he wasn't strongly suspected. Only you had brough suspicions up against him, there was no need to reveal himself.
Quote:
so there is my list take it or leave it.~morm
Sounds like something I say.

I keep on asking myself why would mormegil come out if he really was the hunter? And now why is he so apprehensive about not going after Abercrombie, he seems (along with Formendacil) to be pushing the point in lynching wilwarin.

His plan has failed, but the wolves do achieve some success by this. They drag out the hunter, and in doing so probably kill Abercrombie tonight who may/may not take down an innocent. But, the final three wolves are, my friends...

Mormegil
wilwarin
Formendacil

I have spent countless years working on the brain and it's functions, I seriously doubt I am wrong in this. Abercrombie's our hunter, Morm's our wolf, and if I'm wrong I deserve to have the most exscruciating death imaginable.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #272
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Boro, would you mind satisfying my curiosity on this point, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
And could you also put my mind to rest on one other tiny residual niggle that I have. Am I to understand you to be saying that your response to Cailin’s comment about Eomer being a suicidal Wolf shows that you realised at that point that she was the Seer and that this therefore speaks in your favour? It’s just that, while I don’t doubt that you (like me) were confident of her identity by the start of the next Day, I don’t see anything in your response there to suggest that you realised it there and then.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:06 PM   #273
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dűm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Tolkien

Actually, Morm-wolf, my thoughts yesterday were exactly the opposite.
It was fairly obvious to me that Cailin was the seer and that she stood a good chance of dying during the night. So I reacted, perhaps a bit too vehemently, in the hopes that the village would understand me as innocent. I did not want the village to lose their last gifted, and this was how I posted. But it now appears that I, the last gifted, shall be destroyed anyways, thanks to you, wolf.

More later, I promise.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:10 PM   #274
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
But, the final three wolves are, my friends...

Mormegil
wilwarin
Formendacil
Ouch!

I am deeply hurt, Boromir, but since, as far as I know, you are one of the innocents, I'm willing to grant you the benefit of doing what you think best for the safety of the village. The fact is, however, that you are wrong about me.

Your point, Master Pan Man is welltaken regarding the Wolves, and perhaps I am overly optimistic in hoping that it would resolve itself tonight on that score.

Enough tactics or fears from me. The deadline is four hours away. Let me state then, unequivocally, my feeling that Wilwa is a wolf:

++Wilwarin538
Old 10-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #275
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Sting

++Wilwarin

Now let me explain my vote, not that it will do much good because seemingly anything I do is twisted and contorted so that it appears wolvish. Anyway I am nearly certain that Wilwa is guilty so she makes a great lynching candidate today. I am 100% certain that AoR is guilty, therefore if by some open-minded miracle I am not lynched today I will have a wolf to hunt at night in case they do go after me, though that's not likely. However it would give us a wolf to go after tomorrow too AoR, unless we suspected somebody a bit more than we do currently, such as Boromir who is beginning to throw up major red flags in my mind.

Anyway that's my thinking and I hope I am taken seriously because I honestly did hope that my annoucing myself would be for the greater good of the village. I felt that at this time a known innocent would be a great asset and the wolves would think twice before killing me. The hunter is an interesting gift, unlike the seer and ranger I can protect myself so to speak and that was my thinking because the wolves may not go after me because I could bring one of them down and then we would still have one known innocent the next day. Obviously that plan went awry when AoR falsely claimed huntership. So I am sorry that my decision caused great confusion.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #276
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Boro, would you mind satisfying my curiosity on this point, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Yes, that comment was when I realised she was the Seer. I didn't leave any hints to that knowledge, but that was when it became pretty clear to me that she was the Seer. I took notice to it, because it was directed towards me and my supposed "alliance" with a suicidal wolf.

Which I admit, at that time, I had not suspected Eomer as a wolf, and it did seem like I thought along with him on several occasions. That is why the next day I as he said "seemingly voted for him without a reason." I had a reason on why I voted for him, because I found out Cailin was the Seer and she had dreamt of Eomer. Why I couldn't say anything because I didn't know who all else caught the hints and wasn't intentionally trying to draw attention to it.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #277
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Not to worry to much Formendacil, I just find it odd that you have been insistant that wilwarin is a wolf and that we all should vote for her, and It's been 100% confirmed in my mind that mormegil is a wolf with the follow up vote.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:50 PM   #278
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Apologies, all. I have been at school and then drama club, so I have not been able to get online until now.

It makes slight sense that I would have been a dream... I was under quite a lot of suspicion for a while... Unfortunately, it, if anything, increases my likelihood of death toNight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Azaelia of Willowbottom: Seems suspicious. Her vote for Eomer came after he was already convicted de facto. Is it just an attempt to ingratiate herself with the Villagers, or is it a sign that she is one of them? Somehow, it seems easier to picture it as the former...
I'm sorry my vote came at the time it did. I have work until 6:00 and various things prevent me from getting online until the time that I do. I'm not trying to ingratiate myself to anyone. Of course, I'm relieved that people seem to think I am innocent toDay... But my late vote was not a strategy move at all. I had suspicions of Eomer, and voted for him. Had I cast a totally-out there vote for someone I didn't suspect at all, would it have made me any less suspicious? My vote came for Eomer because he seemed the most guilty of everyone at that time.

But enough about me.

This is a most interesting situation. Morm says he is the hunter, then Abercrombie posts saying that's a lie and he is not the hunter because she is.
Both people seem slightly suspicious. But I am going with thinking that perhaps Abercrombie is innocent because she would have no reason to post and say that no, she was the hunter, unless she really was. If she was a wolf, she wouldn't know if Morm was or not...and probably would be content to just keep her head down and try not to attract much attention...Rather than risk disbelief and death at the gallows.

One of the two is a wolf. One of the two is the real hunter. There is no other way to see it. So I think Morm is a wolf, and Abercrombie is the innocent villager.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:52 PM   #279
mormegil
Maundering Mage

The Eye

Quote:
Not to worry to much Formendacil, I just find it odd that you have been insistant that wilwarin is a wolf and that we all should vote for her, and It's been 100% confirmed in my mind that mormegil is a wolf with the follow up vote.
Let me know how those words taste, my friend, when you end up eating them okay. Can you tell me why you were so eager to vote for me today when we hadn't heard from many people?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #280
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Funnily enough, I still think that Mormegil is the next most likely wolf. But I'm not certain...

That's the main reason behind my voting and continually mentioning Wilwa's guilt: I'm more certain. Very certain in fact. Impossible, of course, to be positive, until after death, but more certain that where Mormegil is concerned.

As for pushing for Wilwa, the thought is there in my mind that this could easily become, and indeed, some have been pushing for it to become, a Morm/AofR contest, which I am afraid could play into some people's hands, but which I am also concerned will have people forgetting that Wilwa is most likely a wolf.

Furthermore, after voting three days now on tenuous feelings that don't seem to have been proved right in the longterm, I want to vote for someone who I almost KNOW is a Werewolf.