The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-16-2006, 04:00 PM   #81
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
Well my computer troubles are over, but as we all know it is exams time...up, and for that means Chemistry! Evil Stoicometry....well anyways...

Lommy came to me as a bit...well, odd. I dont remember her being specifically suspicous of anybody....
Well I'm anxious to see what others think of this random murder.....I also just made this connection-Lommy was associated with Penguins, yes? And Wilwa had the Butterfly thing goin on....perhaps Squaresville is merely caught in the middle of a gurella war between werebirds and wolves, like i hypothesized earlier....who knows? Maybe then we can guess who the wolves will get next....eek, did I just accuse myself? Ah, me...but I have a concert tonite, so expect (perhaps) a response at....well I dont really know. 8:30ish? But concerts may drag on....
Quote:
But the main thing is how late she arrived.
Well, she obviously wasnt a Wizard....

Ok I apologize for the jokes but right now I really cant comprehend much since there have only been a few 'wow' posts and an analysis.

-Elu
________
Ferrari 400 Specifications

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #82
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thanks, Firefoot, for our voting records and your opinion of people. I'd say it was helpful. Thanks for your kind words concerning me, glad to hear that my posts are at least somewhat sensible. I do my best, you know.

I guess I shouldn't be expecting too much talking today, other than stuff from Firefoot, but I can't possibly vote unless others write something and I feel more confident, one way or another. Unless I vote from what I feel about yesterday. . .

But, there's still time. Some. . .a very little.

-- Folwren
Old 02-16-2006, 04:05 PM   #83
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I cross posted my last post with Elu.

Wanted to say, there may not be many posts from today, but there were several things said yesterday that you might try to comment on. Or at least you could try to say something interesting and helpful concerning Firefoot's post. . .you could have, you know. . .
Old 02-16-2006, 04:16 PM   #84
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, Firefoot's post is nice, because although it has her opinions, there is fact (snnipets of what they did) so I see it as more of a Halftime-Report more than what she likes and dislikes about them. One of things you have to be careful about (not exclusivly Firefoot's post, but opinions in general) is to extract fact from bias and personal anaysis.

X Post with Folwren

I still am a bit frustrated by Valier saying I play my trumpet horribly....Maybe she has two left paws-I mean feet? Not that I am wholly suspicous, aside from that comment and the 'random' vote....
________
Silver Surfer Review

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #85
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes, it is a hard thing, sometimes, to seperate fact from bias, and something you have to be careful about. But seeing people's annalysis of everyone is helpful. I would do it myself and should have done it before, but now I really don't have time. I don't know if we're any farther along today then we were yesterday. It really is a sad thing that we killed our Hunter with our own hands, and though it's cruel to say so, perhaps it's a good thing that the wolves killed Lommy and didn't hit on the Seer or the Ranger. We can just hope that the ranger will be able to pick up on the seer's whereabouts before the wolves do. . .

My point is - yesterday's lynching and last night's killing has helped us in the least. All that will help us now is some posts that's not full of nonsense, but that is full of people's thoughts of the other players and what's happened.

Right now, my thoughts, put simply (because I don't have time to put them any other ways) is this

Valier yesterday and Elu today seem to be speaking hardly anything but nonesense. I know Elu has hardly talked at all today and that only an hour and twenty or so minutes has past since morning broke, but you haven't really offered anything substantiel. Valier didn't give anything of any purpose yesterday. Her vote was random, and it was for Elu. Still don't know what to make of that. I voted for Valier yesterday because I thought her post about people not making long posts but still talking or something like that was kind of. . .unreasonable. She's unsure of herself.

Firefoot, I think, is sensible and doesn't seem, to me, to be wishing anyone harm. She seems to know what's best for this village and it appears that we think are thinking along the same lines in some things. . .for instance, useful talk is good.

Eonwe. . .very careful in what he says and does. Only posted a few things yesterday, gave a good reason for his vote, I think.

Mith seems reasonable. She appears to be trying to think things out like any ordinary, blind villager might. She directed her attention and others towards one or two people, but she wasn't pointing right and left and she was generally fairly reserved in doing it, unlike. . .

Jenny. See what Firefoot wrote about her. I'm still willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for being a new player, but as this day progresses, you who remain will have to decide that. The more she talks and plays, the more clear on which side she is will become, I think.

Roa. Little comment here. I liked most of what she wrote yesterday, though I'm still uncertain netirely. She was much like Mith except talked a bit more, I guess.

And. . .that's my dad callin', so I don't have time for more. Who was left?

Gandalf didn't talk much. No comment therefore.

Wilwa and Lommy are dead, and I would that they had both lived. I knew you'd made a mistake when you lynched her.

Oh, oh, oh. I neglected Nogrod and Sleepy. Argh. Sleepy, unsure. I'm inclined to think he's an ordo. Nogrod. . .I have my doubts, but can't explain.

I've really got to be going. I'm really, really sorry.

-- Folwren
Old 02-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #86
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

The only issue right now, is as you said, Valiers 'inconsistiscy' and 'frothy'ness. Seems a bit like shes been murmuring but that may be a sign of
Quote:
'I dont know what im going to say after I murder somebody and dont know what I, as a wolf, should be doing as far as Villager-voting.'
But thats just a guess. Concert time.
________
Z9

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #87
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I can't believe Lommy is dead! I didn't expect that to happen! Well I've put away my dancing shoes and I think it is time to get down to buisness. I'm not so sure I get frothyness from my posts,but it was the first day and the reality of it all had not hit me yet.

I will do some reading of the posts and see what I can come up with. Am I correct in that there were three people who did not vote. Elu, Gandalf, and Wilwarin
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:21 PM   #88
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Wilwa and Lommy are dead, and I would that they had both lived. I knew you'd made a mistake when you lynched her.
My thoughts exactly, about lynching wilwa. Wilwa is smart enough to be a good asset, and should have been saved for later, even if she was suspicious. which she was entirely not, seeing as if she had been a wolf, she wouldn't have let that happen to her. I put much more faith in her skills than that.

That bring me back to the first and last people to vote for wilwa: Roa and Jenny. And I think Jenny is by far teh more suspicious of the two.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #89
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ack! Poor Thin! I may not have have liked her hunting such a rare animal, but she was still a good nieghbor! And Wilwa? I certainly wasn't expecting her to get lynched. My vote was really half random, and I didn't really think anyone would follow it.

Thankyou, Firefoot and Folwren for the analysis. I think I'll save mine for when we have fewer villagers and more evidence. Besides, last game I did analysis, the wolves killed me that very night.

I have a few people that I'll be looking at much more closely today in mind, but I'm afraid I won't be able to post my questions for a few hours. I hope O find some good discussion has taken place when I return.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:06 PM   #90
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yes, Valier I did not vote, for I was experiancing technical difficulties, but I suppose its all right because it was the first day and not the fifth, and I wasnt decided on anything truly, so it might be all right....but not again.

X Post with Valier

But since I probably wont have a chance to vote again when I get home tomorrow....oooo this is a big risk...I will try and vote sometime 8-3 EST at school at the library....well.......nevermind too risky....

++JennyHallu

Because she has been quiet today: Maybe she wants to see some response to the murder of Lommy before posting? Seems like she waits until the last couple of hours to put her twoo-cents in. I wouldnt outright accuse her now, but she seems to be the most suspicous to me.
________
Toyota Wish

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #91
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Have I retruned to find only one post? This isn't any good. When will society realize that issues can only be solved when they are not ignored? Really, where did everyone go?

I'll agree with Elu, Valier's post have all been very frothy, but she may eventually return to us with something of substance, as she said she would. I'd like to hear in her own words why she has posted this way. *pointed look in Valier's direction*

Elu, you've been very accusatory today of Valier. Is this because of her vote for you yesterday? You have little reasoning in your posts except her frothiness. And this confuses me:

Quote:
But since I probably wont have a chance to vote again when I get home tomorrow....oooo this is a big risk...I will try and vote sometime 8-3 EST at school at the library....well.......nevermind too risky....

++JennyHallu

Because she has been quiet today: Maybe she wants to see some response to the murder of Lommy before posting? Seems like she waits until the last couple of hours to put her twoo-cents in. I wouldnt outright accuse her now, but she seems to be the most suspicous to me.
You say you won't accuse her outright, but you'll vote for her to be lynched instead? I understand time contraints, but still, I think I'd rather risk not voting than throw my vote away in such a manner. She's very suspicious, that's true, but I find your reasoning weak.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:35 PM   #92
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'll be honest - one of the more frustrating things to me is when people post and really don't say anything, just joke around or say oh, wow, Thin's dead, let's do something. That is totally unhelpful. It isn't like there isn't anything to talk about - there is. I found plenty to say, and Folwren has made several useful comments. I'm not pointing out anyone in particular since there are a lot of you doing it, but my plea: when you post, try to bring something to the game. Say something useful. If you feel there's nothing to talk about, make something to talk about. Respond. Analyse. Defend yourself. Accuse someone. I don't really care. Just, please, say something helpful. And post. Please.

Sorry for the rant, but it is hard. I know I have to vote early, and I'd like there to be something new for me to consider when I vote, and at this rate nothing much seems to be happening.

I've been looking over Thinlomien's posts, and I'm not getting a whole lot out of them. She mentioned Wilwa, Sleepy, and Valier as being rather suspicious, but she said herself it was mostly a gut feeling. No one really accused her either. I think that's probably why the wolves went after her: she was pretty innocent-seeming, rather useful to the village, and she doesn't leave a trail for us to follow. I'd say that makes a sensible kill.

Folwren's comment about Eonwe being very careful about what he says and does really struck a chord with me. I had mentioned it before in my post, but I was thinking, and I realized that it's very true. "Careful" is something that I would more associate with wolves than innocents. It may not mean anything, he could just be a blind innocent trying not to blunder into the middle of everything and is trying to be careful, but it's showing up on my radar right now as trying to fly under the radar by posting but being too above reproach.

Cross-posting with Roa. Yes, I agree.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:29 AM   #93
Gandalf_the _white
Wight

Location: In crazy captions waving an angry fist at the outside world
Gandalf_the _white has just left Hobbiton.
well once again my computer troubles are causing suspicsions but i'm used to it already so i'm not that bothered its unlucky that our hunter should die on the first day!! but no-one could guess that and from what i've seen of the posts they were random votes. Because of my computer troubles, whenever i'm online i'll probally vote, so if I make early votes thats why.
Ok this early in the game I still don't see anyone as suspicsious(spl?) but i'm not as good at spotting stuff anyway so my vote will be random.
btw valier yes you are right.

Last edited by Gandalf_the _white; 02-17-2006 at 03:35 AM.
Gandalf_the _white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:29 AM   #94
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have to be quick now but I just wanted to say that I am here.... I know a lot of folk won't be and that is a hindrance. I certainly will want to see something substantial from Valier today to give me reason to change my vote from yesterday. I don't have to vote quickly though so ..... thsoe of you who can't be here to the end please still vote thoughtfully. I think Gandalf pointed out yesterday (a brief appearance but at least not a "frothy" one (yay I coined a phrase of popularity!!!) that keeping quiet is a good wolvish strategy (at least for a while) ...however quietness can also just mean unavoidable circumstances - as we discovered to our cost with Wilwa yesterday.

More later .... good to see some proper discussion today -I want to be able to give it the attention it deserves.

BTW Roa - I thought Thinlomien fished with penguins not for them!!!!

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:32 AM   #95
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, this is disappointing. I have to vote now, and there has been all of one post since I went to bed.

I had a thought just now. I commented earlier that I thought that Nogrod's vote for Eonwe was strange. However, since I have come to suspect Eonwe a little bit more, I can see a possibility of a wolf voting for another wolf just to take suspicion off of one of them if the other should die - a "look, I voted for another wolf, I must be innocent" scenario.

In fact, that's how I'm going to vote.

++Nogrod
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:03 AM   #96
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Well, gandalf, i don't think they were random votes for wilwa. At least not jenny. I actually kind of blame her for that. Unless she is a gifted herself, she should have taken the rap, instead of weasling out and taking the risk of killing a gifted. That is waht i would have done, assuming I was and ordo. But I do realize the temptaion to stay in your first game ever, so im not blaming you that much Jenny. I just don't like how your acting as a whole. I thik i willl prolly vote for Jenny later today, if nothing else delvelops.

Other tahn that, i can't really find any suspious people. Mith, firefoot and Folwren are all looking pretty good to me, but they are teh type taht would look good if they were wovles, if you know waht i mean. That is just how they would play. So that doen't clear them by a long shot, in my book, but you know, you have to start somewhere.

I agree with Firefoot. That is always one of my big frustrations in werewolf, especially the first day. Everyone comes out blazing away, but waht really do they have to go on, execpt occupations? Nothign really. I don't really mind joking around, as long as it doens't degenerate into accuations. You ahve to have some basis for a vote on day one, and I dont' really mind if it is a joke, because there is nothing else, if you are playing against wolves of high quility. Anyway, that is my two cnets.

I have to get to class. I might be able to vote in another hour, or if not, sometime after 1 pm, my time. It is now 8:56. Class starts in four minutes....
Old 02-17-2006, 08:10 AM   #97
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Argh! I have absolutely no idea whats going on because of my silly exam tomorrow. Right since I woke up its been talk to Jess, study, study, study, study. Yes I haven't even had time to eat properly... so kindly excuse my absence from the game today. If I do vote it'll be a completely random vote going by gut feelings or I'll probably just vote for myself so as not to place the Seer or Ranger at risk.

Yours Mess-Mindedly,
Sleepy Ranger

PS: Tomorrow I'm acing my birthday and celebrating my exam!
Old 02-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #98
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Agh...villagers, do you not listen? I am not at home, I am at my MIL's for a funeral. This means it is very difficult for me to post.

I think I will be able to get on at least once later, but I am not sure. I am sure enough though that I will not vote just yet.

I am very sorry for Wilwarin's death. I am aware that I was the last to vote for her, and that indeed, my vote killed her. However, that vote was a tiebreaker to save myself, and I waited until 10 minutes before the deadline to cast it. I wish I had waited 5 minutes more--I cross-posted with Folwren, and had I seen her post, I would have voted differently.

Eonwe, I am sorry that my over-eagerness yesterday, combined with my silence today, has caused to to suspect me, but please understand over-eagerness is the sole cause of my silliness yesterday. And the first few posts based on careers were purely silliness, as was, originally, my irrational trust of Mithalwen. Muffins are good, no one can argue, and I was hungry yesterday. However, Mithalwen's response, with its trust of me and sense, was very appreciated as I realized how my overposting had brought suspicion down on me. I do trust Mithalwen, as it would have been easy at that point to turn that suspicion against me into an attack I couldn't have escaped from.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:25 AM   #99
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I can buy that, but only on some very cautious grounds. After all, you can say anything you want, right? Especially when you have the type of job you said you have: sedentary, and by a computer. Was there ever a better job for a 'Downer?

Also, I didn't say I suspect you for your silence today. I don't offen go off silence for my suspicions. There is too much stuff that can interfere from RL, and I understand that. Espcially when it is a funeral. Very sorry about that, by the way.

Anyway, lets try and get some things discussed, shall we?
Old 02-17-2006, 10:35 AM   #100
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Wow I was sure there would be more posts for me to analyse today, but I see there is not. I must vote early again due to school, I have no clue who to vote for yet! I will post an analyses soon!
Old 02-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #101
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well this is the best I can do with the limited posts

Jenny: She was overly talkative and loud the first day and is now quiet due to a funeral. I tend to think she is innocent, or a VERY cunning wolf. voted for Wilwarin our Hunter

Eonwe: Says Mith, Firefoot and Folwren are more than likely ordo's, but says they could be really good wolves. I agree with a lot of his? posts. voted forJenny

Sleepy Ranger: Exams have made him quiet, I don't know what to think of him yet. I would like to see some more posts from him. voted for Jenny

Roa: She agree's I've been frothy and wants to know why I post that way.Sorry it was the first day!! voted for Wilwarin our Hunter

Nogrod: pretty quiet so far, thinks the wolves must be very clever Voted for Eonwe

Elu Alcalime: I think your posts are just weird! Oh and I guess someone should tell you, you are supposed to be in invisible mode!(I can see you!)Did not vote

Gandalf: I am never sure of Gandy, he is always quiet, but he always seems to slip under the radar. Maybe we should lynch him now to be on the safe side. Did not vote

Folwren: Very talkative. He's not sure if I have played before (I have a bunch of times, thank you) I'm sorry I've been no help, But IT WAS THE FIRST DAY!!! voted for Valier

Mithalwen: She also thinks I'm frothy and I must be trying to fly under the radar! Like I said earlier I love the spotlight! I have nothing to hide!!! Voted for Valier
Old 02-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #102
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The rest of the seasons' weed is now packed and sealed!

I'll have to gather first, what you have discussed today, before saying more.

But. Just informing you, that I'm back again.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #103
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well there's only three hours left till deadline and theres only been one vote and nothing of substance for posts. I might have to post again soon with my vote. I was trying to wait till the last possible moment before I leave for the day.

Edit: 2 votes so far
Firefoot-For Nogrod
Elu-For Jenny

Last edited by Valier; 02-17-2006 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Oh there's two votes
Old 02-17-2006, 12:49 PM   #104
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I return from lobbying for better treatment of ponies ((work)) to find such a quiet village. I agree with Firefoot- this is very frustrating. So many people have been quiet today! And many of those speaking have done nothing useful. Folwren and Firefoot seem to be offering the best analysis. Valier, even if it was the first day, many people managed to post something of substance, so that's hardly useful.

I'm afraid I won't be able to get back on till after the day is over, so I'm going to have to vote now.

I don't trust Elu, but with his time contraints he isn't here to defend himself, and I think it's rather unfair to attack him in that light. I will definitely be keeping an eye on him in the future though.

I'm inclined to think Jenny's eagerness is related to her newbie (no offense) status. And again, she isn't here to defend herself. (Why are all the suspicious people absent today?)

So, I'm going for the third on my list.

++Valier

She's jumpy and eager to please, but still manages to add no new information to the table. Good night, dear neighbors.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:58 PM   #105
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
OK I have just finished work and need to read properly but theree is something I really needto get off my chest. This really belongs on the discussion thread but it is clear that not everyone checks this. If they did I wouldn't need to post it. So fully aware of possible consequences for me should suspicions about her be founded, here goes.

Jenny Hallu posted on the 15th in the WWJ thread that she had to return home for a funeral.

I have limited internet acess and so I am predisposed to others in the same predicament. Nevertheless if I join a game I do try to give it as much time as I can. I am getting slightly exasperated by people who join when they know they will have other commitments but to suggest that someone would fake or exploit a bereavement as a strategy is frankly obscene.

This is a game and we "murder in jest" but we all have real lives. Do not forget that behind the game and the silly screen names there are real people and they are going through real sorrow.

I know many of you are a lot younger than I am and I hope sincerely that you have suffered fewer significant bereavements, therefore I am sure people have spoken thoughtlessly rather than with deliberate cruelty. Nevertheless there are somethings that are not fit for jokes.

Right I have said my piece. I will try not to let the cheap shots at an easy target affect the way I play the rest of the game.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #106
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:

She's jumpy and eager to please, but still manages to add no new information to the table. Good night, dear neighbors.
Sorry to say Roa but there is no new information yet and as trying to please anyone that's absurd! I only wish to kill us a wolf.

I thought that my analisis of everyone and how I feel was information.I think in games like this there becomes key players that the wolves are afraid to kill and the villagers tend to follow. I believe key players now are Firefoot, Mithalwen, Folwren, and Roa. So theres only 2 hours left and I must be off so I will vote for.

++Mithalwen

Not for retribution for her vote for me yesterday but, because I think she is a clever wolf.

Last edited by Valier; 02-17-2006 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Cross posted with Mithalwen
Old 02-17-2006, 01:12 PM   #107
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Even as I confess being one of the causes for the quieteness around here today, I still think, this is quite bad.

Everyone has applauded Firefoot's and Folwren's thoughtful mails. And so do I. Even though I must disagree with Firefoot's last conclusions concerning myself.

With respect, I still have to question her logic or reasons for her behaviour on that one. First she says, that she found my vote for Eonwe strange. After that, she has come to suspect Eonwe as I said I kind of suspected. So what follows? A vote for me... If Firefoot just wanted to make me react and start posting something, there could be less heavy ways for doing it than a vote to lynch one? (Anyhow, she could have read my post at the discussion thread, that I wouldn't be online untill very late)

But why did I then suspected Eonwe in the first place, and why now too?

Well. He came very rapidly and powerfully defended (by Roa & Folwren) after being accused the first day. Still I had no idea, whether both saving knights would be wolves themselves - that kind of action might be quite stupid. So not knowing, which one of them to suspect, I could still think, that the object of this saving operation (and throwing the shadow over Jenny) was a wulf. All this, of course presuming, this scenario had any truth in it...

Remember: the first day, and no good leads anywhere. This tiny one the only I found.

Then today one interesting remark on the thread, post 88, by Eonwe.

Quote:
My thoughts exactly, about lynching wilwa. Wilwa is smart enough to be a good asset, and should have been saved for later, even if she was suspicious. which she was entirely not, seeing as if she had been a wolf, she wouldn't have let that happen to her. I put much more faith in her skills than that.

That bring me back to the first and last people to vote for wilwa: Roa and Jenny. And I think Jenny is by far teh more suspicious of the two.
So. Some suspicion / distaste (because "causing" hunters death) could be seen over both Jenny and Roa. Now Eonwe coming to support Roa? And Roa helped Eonwe yesterday.

Someone talked about co-operation being quite wulfish. Surely, they are the only ones' that can do that by PM. I could be persuaded to see some here...

But as I said earlier, this is very little indeed.

Just to answer the doubts questioning my reasons to vote for Eonwe.

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-17-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:45 PM   #108
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

playing it safe,

++Sleepy Ranger
Old 02-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #109
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh great, that is so helpful... now we have self votes as well as spite votes.

Folwren and Firefoot have both posted reasonable, substantial analyses. It would be foolish to trust anyone completely but they are reliable people to have around. I am not sure I agree with either about Nogrod. I have enough problem trusting my own hunches without risking other peoples.

I will really have to think about my vote. I stated my intention earlier but.... I have a natural resistance to "tit for tat" voting. Hmmm

Old 02-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #110
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Folwren and Firefoot have both posted reasonable, substantial analyses. It would be foolish to trust anyone completely but they are reliable people to have around. I am not sure I agree with either about Nogrod. I have enough problem trusting my own hunches without risking other peoples.
Sorry. But I was just trying to give some reasons for voting Eonwe the first day, because I had myself been voted on the basis of that vote today, on grounds, that my vote was "strange". How many not-strange decisions have been made yesterday or today?

I think, I said quite clearly that:
a) They were the tiny little & only one thing I had to base my vote on
b) Even if i had found something supporting my first-day ideas today, I definitely said that they were very little indeed

So, I was defending my vote, not accusing anyone straight ahead. As I said yesterday: better to vote with even the slightest of idea, why, than by pure chance. So in a way I think exactly as you do: not just hunches, but ideas, even fragile ones'. Or then not voting at all, of course...
Old 02-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #111
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

So with 25 minutes to go it seems that Nogrod, Sleepy, Valier, Jenny and I have a vote each.

I would do more analysis but it seem pointless at this stage if noone else is around.

So as things stand. Jenny dies? So I could save her and myself with my vote ..... I think her innocent but ..if I am wrong ...and another innocent dies as a result... I dislike such power. IS anyone else voting?

Old 02-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #112
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I am, I think. Not sure.

Don't like this situation at all.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #113
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Sorry. But I was just trying to give some reasons for voting Eonwe the first day, because I had myself been voted on the basis of that vote today, on grounds, that my vote was "stange". How many not-strange decisions have been made yesterday or today & am I the only one who has to give reasons votes?

I think I said quite clearly that:
a) They were the tiny little & only one thing I had to base my vote
b) Even if i had found something supporting my first-day ideas, I definitely said that they were very little indeed

So, I was defending my vote, not accusing anyone straight ahead. As I said yesterday: better to vote with even the slightest of idea, why, than by pure chance. So in a way I think exactly as you do: not just hunches, but ideas, even fragile ones'. Or then not voting at all, of course...

Oh I am doomed to be misunderstood..... I menat that I didn't agree with their suspicion of you on - I think Folwren said " a funny feeling".... sometimes funny feelings are right but the wrong conclusions can be drawn....... I don't want to be more explicit ... since as I said hunches can be misleading... and I am having enough trouble with the vote to go into it now....

Old 02-17-2006, 02:37 PM   #114
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well to vote for someone with no votes unless we concur is tokenism. Otherwise it is a choice of Jenny or one of the others. Of course we both have the power to save ourselves unless we vote for each other. I have no intention of voting for you.

If I vote it will be either for Valier - becasue I have suspected her more or less since get go and I think her posts contribute little - or we could put Sleepy out of his misery.....

Old 02-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #115
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I do think Jenny deserves the benefit of doubt anyhow, at least now.

Not voting someone of us or two people someone other, she will die.

Sleepy was kind of suspicios, and this self-vote is odd. Passive, chivalric or cunning wulf-tactics?

Valier?

Doubleposted with Mith.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:43 PM   #116
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I managed to get home quickly!! I beg you villagers I am innocent please don't kill me !!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #117
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Of course we both have the power to save ourselves unless we vote for each other. I have no intention of voting for you.
No intention to shake that balance...

So Valier or Sleepy (or someone third)?

15 minutes...
Old 02-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #118
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Either ...... I want to keep Jenny I believe her innocent ..... I do suspect Valier but Sleepy has opted out

Old 02-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #119
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I will do a little dance for you as long as you don't kill me!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #120
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Really it is 2 and in the circumstances that is a big ask Valier....