The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #241
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
Quote:
I am your seer.
Actually, the last couple of days I really started to think that you might be it, Nogrod. Really, my first thought on the Seer was Folwren, but unfortunatly the wolves (I guess that means Roa....wow) killed her, but at least she wasnt.

Just for the record, Eonwe, I never was too suspicous of you, beyond general suspicoin.

I guess theres no thought to this one, is there? ++Roa_Aoife++
________
UNIMOG

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:48 PM   #242
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

++Roa

There is not much more to be said is there?
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #243
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Voting closed, expect Roa's death soon.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:59 PM   #244
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Village avoided disaster today. Hoorah
________
Hawaii dispensary

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #245
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Talk about the pot boiling over. Most of the day it looked like the villagers were just going to let it all go and have it be every man for himself. But the decision was made, thanks to the dreams of one villager, that Roa_Aoife was a werewolf. They were absolutely positive this time.

The lobbyist tried to defend herself. She kept calling for the others to “fight the power” and not lynch her. In this case the power was the seer. But no one would heed her words.

Roa was dragged outside of town and chained to a rock. Nogrod was elected to cut her open. As he pulled the knife blade across, Roa’s skin changed. She howled in pain and frustration. Her human skin was being taken over by tufts of brown fur. She growled and fought the chains trying to get at the villagers.

“You will never win against my werewolf comrades!” She snapped.

Roa was left, chained to that rock, her insides spilling out. She was there for the birds to feed on.

LIVING
JennyHallu ~ Friendly neighborhood tax collector
Eonwe ~ Hermit
Firefoot ~ Person who runs the stables
Valier ~ Dance instructor
Nogrod ~ Pipe-weed grower
Elu Ancalime ~ Brass Musician
Gandalf_the _white ~ Magician
Mithalwen ~ Baker/confectioner

DEAD
Kitanna (mod)~ Stabbed with a letter opener on Night One
Wilwarin (hunter)~ Flogged to death on Day One
Thinlómien (ordo) ~ Dropped dead from fright on Night Two
Sleepy Ranger (ordo) ~ Eaten by penguins on Day Two
Folwren (ranger) ~ Sewed shut and run through on Night Three
Roa_Aoife (werewolf) ~ Tortured Prometheus style on Day Three
Old 02-20-2006, 02:42 PM   #246
Kitanna
Child of the West

No one was surprised when morning came and Nogrod was not amoung the villagers. He had not lied to them, he had indeed been their seer and the wolves were getting their revenge.

The villagers went toward Nogrod’s house. They found their faithful seer hanging around outside…literally. Nogrod’s body was hung in a most unpleasant manner from the roof of his little house. And on a spike on the front lawn was Nogrod’s head. His face was bruised and one eye was missing. The wolves had decided to have a little fun before seperating his head from the rest of his body.

Now all hopes of protection were gone for the villagers. They had only their wits to protect them.

LIVING
JennyHallu ~ Friendly neighborhood tax collector
Eonwe ~ Hermit
Firefoot ~ Person who runs the stables
Valier ~ Dance instructor
Elu Ancalime ~ Brass Musician
Gandalf_the _white ~ Magician
Mithalwen ~ Baker/confectioner

DEAD
Kitanna (mod)~ Stabbed with a letter opener on Night One
Wilwarin (hunter)~ Flogged to death on Day One
Thinlómien (ordo) ~ Dropped dead from fright on Night Two
Sleepy Ranger (ordo) ~ Eaten by penguins on Day Two
Folwren (ranger) ~ Sewed shut and run through on Night Three
Roa_Aoife (werewolf) ~ Tortured Prometheus style on Day Three
Nogrod (seer) ~ Beheaded and made an example of on Night Four
Old 02-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #247
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow there's only 7 of us left! Leaving us with only 5 Ordo's left.

Ok So we know Eonwe is innocent, and I know I definately am as well so that leaves three more Ordo's....

Elu I think you are innocent... But you could have left yourself visible to fool us.

Jenny: I still think she's an Ordo...but I hope we hear from her today!

Gandalf.....I still have no clue should we even consider him? Since he has not shown himself in ...what 3 days? could be wrong.

This leaves me with Firefoot and Mithalwen.
Firefoot your vote for me again (like Roa's 2nd vote) Seems like you could be a team.
Mith I am not convinced of your Wolfishness yet ...

I will be looking at these two today the most...I still may be wrong, So I won't just concentrate on them exclusively. I would like to hear what you Eonwe and the other Ordo's think.

Gandalf: You only posted twice on Day 1 -no vote
Day 2 you posted once-no vote
Day 3 -no posts-no vote
Ok I know computers suck..But you signed up to play and you have done NOTHING to help us...If you are not here again today with no excuse except computer problems..I will pull out my hair! I would seriously consider not playing ww till you get a better computer!

Last edited by Valier; 02-20-2006 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Added so on bottom
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #248
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, then.

I do not know that our situation is much improved. We have caught a wolf, but at the cost of our seer. I wish I had trusted Nogrod more and Roa less. Of the seven remaining, we do at least have one known innocent, Eonwe.

So that leaves me with five:

Jenny
Gandalf
Elu
Valier
Mithalwen

With the turning out of Roa to be a wolf, my trusts have been shaken. I wish I could still be as comfortable with my trust of Mithalwen as I had been.

I've been trying to figure out the relationship of these people to each other and to Roa, and I'm not sure what my findings may mean. Valier and Roa have been at odds for quite some time. This could be orchestrated, but might not be. Roa was definitely smart; I wouldn't put it past her to put such heavy suspicion on one of her fellow wolves in order to escape the noose herself. With Jenny and Elu, Roa's suspicions were much more reserved. She put suspicion on both of them but never outright accused or voted for either. One of those two could very well be a wolf. She only really mentioned Gandalf once that I could find, and that was to make an excuse for his lack of posting - something like "that's just his way, from what I've heard his access is limited." Making excuses for a fellow wolf, not wanting him to be lynched purely for his quiet? There was nothing so obvious about a relationship with Mithalwen. That would take some harder searching and sifting than what I have done so far.

One of the biggest things I regret about many of these recent deaths (Folwren's, Nogrod's, and even sort of Roa's) is that these have been some of our biggest talkers. I'm hoping that discussion will not fade to a trickle now that they have gone; we need talk more than ever now, without our seer to guide us. We may have caught a wolf, but our situation is still extremely tenuous. Two mistakes and it's sayonara to us.
Quote:
Firefoot your vote for me again (like Roa's 2nd vote) Seems like you could be a team.
Valier, I have never voted for you. I voted for Gandalf, Nogrod, and Roa.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #249
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Valier, I have never voted for you. I voted for Gandalf, Nogrod, and Roa
I am SO sorry I totally looked at my notes wrong!!
Old 02-20-2006, 03:27 PM   #250
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sorry to double post!

Quote:

There was nothing so obvious about a relationship with Mithalwen. That would take some harder searching and sifting than what I have done so far.

Sometimes a wolf's best strategy is to have no connection to at least one of their fellow wolves.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:40 PM   #251
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well...I guess that was no surprise. Unfortunatly, I think Nogrod almost had me convinced even before he revealed himself...that was a tough sacrifice, but he felt it was needed. This game should be dedicated to him....Now there are no more gifted.

Ok people, we have a whole day: Lets try and find some connections with Roa and others, and see of there is any trend:

1. Examine any trends between Roa and the villagers killed

2. Examine Roa's votes

3. Examine those who have voted for Roa

3. Examine villager relation to Roa during DAY

5. Examine all of the above again but with Eonwe, since we know hes clean

Im very excited...a wolf has been caught, and with Eonwe's innocence proven, we can surley now find another wolf Im still distressed about the loss of our seer.
________
Chrysler pacifica history

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #252
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Im a little interested in Gandalf too, Valier....he cant be ignored any longer, now...every villager is crucial. I have computer problems too, but...wouldnt it be funny (a little humourus from a mod's standpoint) if a wolf just killed and didnt disscuss, but got away with it? That's out there, but stil....we cant let anything go any further.

So heres the situation:

Valier-present today

Firefoot-also present today

Gandalf-still absent, has not voted once

Jenny-still gone; quote 'overzelous' first day, spoke of her absence after

Mithalwen-has not posted yet today; seemed a little taken aback from Nogrod

Right now everyone seems innocent on the surface, and I still have faith in what Firefoot says. My heart tells me she is pure.

Quote:
Nogrod?s body was hung in a most unpleasant manner from the roof of his little house. And on a spike on the front lawn was Nogrod?s head. His face was bruised and one eye was missing. The wolves had decided to have a little fun before seperating his head from the rest of his body.
I thought about this for a moment, then couldnt eat the rest of my pasta.

Also:
Quote:
Sometimes a wolf's best strategy is to have no connection to at least one of their fellow wolves.
Im not saying your wrong Valier, in essence, I agree with you to a point. What you said can be right, but in this game physcology can reverse itself many more times than once. Just to reinterate: Now we must be extra careful, because, using this as an example, What if Mith was lynched, but she was an ordo, and the reason behind your reasoning is because she never said enough for Roa to have a relation with anyway!

Okay, if you understood what Im trying to say, Im not defending Mith or Attcking her, im only using the example Valier said.

So, dont attck me for trying to be cautious.

X post with Valier
________
ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES

Old 02-20-2006, 04:32 PM   #253
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I've looked at the voting patterns and I can turn up nothing! Roa voted for Wilwarin our hunter the first day the next two days she voted for me.

Mith voted for me the first day then for Sleepy day two I can not see at the moment who she voted for yesterday... did she vote?

Firefoot voted gandalf then Nogrod then Roa.

Eonwe voted Jenny day one, no vote on day two, then Roa day three

Elu you didn't vote day one day two voted for Jenny. then votes for Roa day three

then there's me I voted Elu day one, Mith day two and Roa day three

I will not do Gandalf, or Jenny (she voted Wilwarin day one) due to lack OF votes.
I can't get much from this! Anyone else see any patterns?

Last edited by Valier; 02-20-2006 at 04:37 PM. Reason: sorry Elu I fixed it...I'm slow today!
Old 02-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #254
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

I see a pattern with Valier-->You seem to have something wrong every post

You were correct in that I did not vote day one (Chem studies but mainly comp trouble, but w/e)

However day two, I voted for Jenny.
________
Satellite

Old 02-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #255
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I also find it strange I guess that Mith was arguing with Nogrod alot yesterday then when he comes out as the seer, she doesn't vote. Did she think her vote wouldn't matter or was she trying to "say something"..... Sorry but I just want to get some thoughts and plans flowing..
Old 02-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #256
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, that makes some sense.

Sorry peeps, I gotta run for now. Maybe be back in less than half an hour.
________
Bmw M57

Old 02-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #257
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Unless Gandalf chooses to show up, we really can't do anything about him. Lynching him for silence could be disastrous, but so could not lynching him. There's nothing we can do there, so the only logical thing I can see doing is leaving him out of the calculations (still). That still means that one werewolf must be in the remaining suspects, and it narrows our list down, in however flawed a manner.

Okay, I'm dredging up bits and pieces that may or may not go together when I'm done - we'll see.
Quote:
Mithalwen (Day 3)
but can we really just ignore Eonwe and Gandalf?
Based on this, I think that if Mithalwen is a wolf, Gandalf is probably innocent (we already know Eonwe is, of course). Why would a wolf bring up her fellow wolf while he's being ignored? However, if Mithalwen is innocent, this tells us nothing. The same might possibly be said of Elu as he later quoted this statement and emphatically agreed.

Quote:
Roa (Day 1)
Jenny's drawn quite a bit of attention. She's agressive in her accusations, and has hopped around quite a bit, taking one lead, then changing to another. That's very wolvish, but could also signify someone new to this whole game.
Gandalf, well, this is his typicial behavior. As I understand it, he has limited access.
[Followed by Wilwa vote]
Could be nothing, but this is what I was talking about with reserved suspicions.
Quote:
Roa (Day 3)
As for my own suspicions, I didn't want to pursue it yesterday in the interest of fairness, but I don't trust Elu. He hasn't been helpful at all, he didn't vote Day 1, he attacked Valier quite viciously on Day 2, and provided little reason for his attack except frothiness. He never came up with anything new. And his vote for Jenny yesterday was more than questionable. Especially since after he voted for her, he said he wouldn't accuse her out right. I understand the time contraints, really I do, but after the attack of Valier, to change his mind so quickly, it does draw attention.
Again, not sure what to make of this. Could be trying to cast suspicion on an innocent, could be trying to hide wolvish associations. She never mentions him again, but she had noted him as suspicious on the Day before for voting for Jenny accompanied by the comment that he wouldn't actually accuse him outright. Perhaps Elu can be tentatively cleared?
Quote:
Valier (Day 2)
Roa: She agree's I've been frothy and wants to know why I post that way.Sorry it was the first day!!
It's the comments like these between Valier and Roa that seem almost too honest to be wolvishly contrived. Additionally, Roa seems to have used Valier as her scapegoat quite a bit. I'm starting to think that Valier may be innocent.

Sorry, have to go, these are sort of half-thought-out ideas. More musings later.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #258
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Roa said I 'attacked' Valier only because of 'Frothyness', but wasnt that a quote from Roa herself? I will admit, It was really more of a grudge....musicians take things quite personally, if you've ever seen two marching bands face off in a mall.

Based on the fact that Roa was a wolf, I think part of the finger pointing towards villagers(not just me) was so she could always have a public suspicion.

Quote:
voting for Jenny accompanied by the comment that he wouldn't actually accuse him outright.
I thought I explained that on the last page.

Quote:
scapegoat
Ah, thats the word I was trying to think up.....
________
Marijuana Dispensaries

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:41 PM   #259
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
I thought I explained that on the last page.
You probably did. I wasn't really talking about you here, more about Roa's relationship with you, if that makes sense.

Just to let everyone know, I will be back to voting pretty early again. Right now it looks as if my vote may be going to Jenny because she seems to have the most wolf-like relationship with Roa. I don't really like that, since she hasn't been around, but Valier's and Elu's relationships with her seem too tenuous of a proposition, and I'm still relatively trusting of Mithalwen. I just don't know what to say about Gandalf, though if the rest of that holds true, he may actually be the third wolf. I just don't know. The problem is simply lack of posting and ergo lack of evidence.

I'd like to urge you all to post between now and about 10 hours from now, but based on experience it doesn't seem likely to happen. I feel like I'm back to exactly where I was two Days ago, and it's not a very nice feeling.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #260
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
You probably did. I wasn't really talking about you here, more about Roa's relationship with you, if that makes sense.
Ok, I just...you know, wanted to be clear and all that.

Ugh. I have to vote very soon, because school starts again tomorrow, and I need to go in early. And I dont want to vote for somebody unless I feel strongly about it. Jenny has drawn my attention as well, with Roa anyway, and although Mith made that weird no-voting for Roa thing yesterday, that leaves me interested. However, that is the only sign that sticks out; I will probably vote for either of them.
________
How to make a stew

Old 02-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #261
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

ARRRGH

I have to vote now.

++Jenny
________
BUY EASY VAPE VAPORIZER

Old 02-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #262
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Well, I'm certainly gald Nogrod was killed last night. Puts us on firm ground, you might say, meaning no disrespect to the deseased, I'm sure. In fact, I propose a minute of silence for our fallen comrade, who so courageously but up his life for the greater good of our village.

Ok then, moving right along. First off, I wish someone else was proven innocent. It doesn't really help me to be proven innocent, now does it?

Firefoot is acting very nice. So I'm a bit suspicous of her. ( I'm kidding. She is looking just fine).

Jenny is still suspicious in my mind. But as she has yet to make an appearance, I can't really hold anything over her head, much as I would like to.

Valier is looking a bit suspicious. I really don't like her list in post #149. There are entirely too many innocent people, and the guilty ones don't look so good, considering one was a wolf and the other is me, proven innocent. It just feals like, as she knew everyone's innocence, she couldn't think up anything against anyone and lumped em all into her innocnet side. Though nailing the Roa could be entirely honest. Another thing to consider is Roa's vote in post #172.

Gandalf_the_white hasn't shown up very much. I don't know what to make of this. He could have legitemate RL reasons, or he could be faking to keep his nose lclean.

Other than that, I can't really say...I need to do some research. Missing the weekend put me behind a bit, I'm afraid.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #263
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Oh, yeah, I was forgetting to comment on Mith's strange no-vote thing. She was around right up until Nogrod declared himself to be the seer, and then strangely dropped off, not voting or anything, without warning. This makes no sense to me and I definitely want to hear Mith's explanation for it. It's so obvious that it makes you think why on earth would anyone wolf or not do that? But if she is a wolf, she just made a huge faux pas... It rockets her up in suspicion value.

Cross-posting with Eonwe - nice to see you around...
Old 02-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #264
Gandalf_the _white
Wight

Location: In crazy captions waving an angry fist at the outside world
Gandalf_the _white has just left Hobbiton.
sorry i ain't been round much i'm not gonna be able to get on now for ages sorry so
++Gandalf
Gandalf_the _white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:59 PM   #265
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well this really sucks! Two votes and both of them for people I barely suspect. I still think if we vote for one of the two proposed (Jenny and Gandalf) we will be killing ANOTHER Ordo! We can not afford to do this! I will be looking at Mithalwen or Firefoot. I hope we get some more dialogue before any more votes come in. I am mostly swaying for Mith.. I would like to her what she has to say about her no vote.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:27 AM   #266
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I hate to have to vote so early, but...

++Jenny

I don't really want to do this, but no one else has really shown up and posted. With Gandalf's self-vote, I think we should probably stay away from him.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:59 AM   #267
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am sorry I have just missed you Firefoot, but thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt for now.

As you must have noticed I was rather annoyed with Nogrod in my last post. The fact is I was so annoyed that I posted and logged off in a fit of pique.

Please bear in mind that I had been on a temperamental computer in a draughty cyber-cafe for 3-4 hours AND it was past the time I expected for the day to be finished. I am in the UK and so it was gone 9pm - not late if you are safe at home but I was in not the nicest part of town with my car a dark walk away on a foul night so I really was keen to be home.

I didn't know Nogrod was the seer - for some reason I had the idea that Firefoot and Folwren were the remaining gifted after Wilwa was lynched and when Folwren was shown to be the ranger - it encouraged me to think I was right on both. Though when I spared her life, the thought had vaguely occured that the reason Valier was playing below the level I expected of her might that she was trying not to be conspicuous for a GOOD reason......

So bear in mind that it didn't occur to me thatthat Nogrod was the seer and with really bad timing I left before he fessed up. To me he was a bully and a hypocrite - Roa's guilt was obvious to him BECAUSE he had proof - it was a lot less obvious if you hadn't..... sometimes in these games people are jumpy becasu ethey are innocents under attack

Nogrod seemed determined to stop me from considering all possibilities and since he had been slightly underhand around Sleepy's death, waiting to the limit so I would vote first and then deleting a post, I was not going to trust him automatically when he started on his "Roa's is guilty" thing but not backing it up with a vote. He really seemed suspicious to me. His hypocrisy was the final straw... and since suddenly non-participation had become the way to put yourself above suspicion according to Mr High and Mighty shouty person - I just thought ...well something that wouldn't pass the language filter...

Childish maybe but I thought someone else could have the tension this time- I had had enough with Sleepy. I had had enough.....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:01 AM   #268
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Wait a second...just getting here (it took a while to read through the last few days) and two votes for me because a Wolf said she suspected me? Could someone explain more clearly my "wolvish" relationship? Then perhaps I can defend myself more effectively. It seems to me that Roa played us very skillfully, and only Nogrod's vision allowed us to see her guilt. Any clues to the identity of her fellow wolves are likely to be very subtle.

Thank you to those who defended me during my absence. I am sorry and proud for the sacrifice of Nogrod...Our seer has done very well by us.

At this point, and without much connection to the debates over the past few days, I feel that my suspicion leans more to:
1) Valier -- Her posts have seemed careless and of limited use. Twice she has summed up the voting record, only to recant some incorrect detail shortly afterward. I am not sure if this is a wolvish impulse or not, but there is little to go on. However, I would point out that we should check the details of Valier's claims in her arguments toDay. Even if it is carelessness causing her errors, we do not wish to make a decision based on wrong information.

2) Gandalf -- His silence over the last several days, with no explanation other than Roa's defense, is certainly suspicious. His self-vote, however is just confusing. If he is a villager, what good could he possibly do by voting for himself.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:09 AM   #269
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Sorry, I know this is a double post, but I just re-read what Gandalf said when he voted and I am no longer particularly suspicious of him. Having so much to catch up on has left me a little careless in my reading.

And a quick thought...Valier's actions have certainly been suspicious, but why, Eonwe, should her list of probable guilty parties be suspicious itself in the fact that it includes you? It also includes Roa, who was a wolf.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #270
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I would like to say sorry for all the mistakes I made yesterday, it was late and I was tired and was up late waiting for more people to post. Yes earlier on I did think Roa and Eonwe COULD be guilty but, I was wrong on one..that sometimes happens. I really just don't want the village to vote for people who aren't here! My suspect list has narrowed significantly.

Nice to see you here Jenny! but other's would like to see you lynched. I do not think this is a good idea today. I would rather try for the more "loud" lead wolf today and leave the squabbling over the last wolf for the next day.

Thank you for the explanation Mith on your absence it is sound.But I still suspect Firefoot some what and still you Mith for your outbursts also I think Elu has been overly weird in his last posts. He says he will either vote for Mith or Jenny, then will no explination votes for the easy vote for Jenny. I would like to hear more from the four remaining voters today before I cast my vote.

Last edited by Valier; 02-21-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:11 AM   #271
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Thank you for the welcome back, Valier.

Frankly, I would like to hear more from anyone. Today is confusing: we have finally found a Wolf, but now we must find the clues to the next two. I'm going to go back to reading more carefully the posts from the last few days. I am aware that I am in danger, and I urge those who suspect me to think of exactly how little they have to go on. I have been absent for three days, and my early posting was excited and over-eager: I assure you I am innocent, and advise caution. I am a noob, yes, but an innocent one.

I will be back in a while and will try to give a better analysis. I must admit the wolves impress me with their cleverness--there is no obvious trail to follow.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:21 AM   #272
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
V quick cos still at work but does Gandalf mean he won't be back regardless?

It is something to consider.......

Should be back within the hour...

Old 02-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #273
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Yes Mith I do think Gandalf means not to come back! eeerrrrrrrr I 'm so confused! I ve read through Firefoots posts and they all make sense to me ...My suspision of her is weakening. Mith I know you defended your no-vote but your vote was still important.

Elu said something that caught my eye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elu
Ugh. I have to vote very soon, because school starts again tomorrow, and I need to go in early. And I dont want to vote for somebody unless I feel strongly about it. Jenny has drawn my attention as well, with Roa anyway, and although Mith made that weird no-voting for Roa thing yesterday, that leaves me interested. However, that is the only sign that sticks out; I will probably vote for either of them
He says he doesn't want to vote for someone unless he feels strongly about them...then he just votes for Jenny..easy vote if you ask me! I think he may be protecting Mith, his fellow wolf and he votes for an Ordo? Who has not said much to defend herself. I could be grasping at straws...but I don't think if we kill Jenny it will be the right choice. Remember one of us innocents WILL be killed in the night!

Also I think just because Gandalf voted for himself, he is more than likely an Ordo, so I think we should leave him out of the equation for the time being.
XPOSTED with Mith about Gandalf.

Last edited by Valier; 02-21-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #274
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Actually, I retract my suspicion of Valier. I have been reading back through the posts and noticed that Roa voted for Valier on day 2. I am aware that this could be a wolf-on-wolf vote, but consider the heavy suspicion that had fallen on Valier at the end of Day 1. In such a light it becomes a vote that in retrospect seems to point to Roa as a wolf. A vote for someone who was already thought suspicious, but who Roa knew was innocent...very safe.

And Valier, do not be too hasty in your trust of Firefoot.

Mithalwen was the first to express suspicion of Firefoot on the first day. I jumped on that, but because of my aggressive play and silly career-based posting earlier, my analysis was discounted, as it should have been. I apologize to my fellow innocents (whether you believe I am or not) for general stupidity on my first day. On the second day, Firefoot agreed that her posts were contradictory, and told us all that was deliberate. She also told us there were no clues to be found in Thinlomian's posts, and that the wolves must have gone for someone so innocent that it could only confuse us. But read again her post 92:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I've been looking over Thinlomien's posts, and I'm not getting a whole lot out of them. She mentioned Wilwa, Sleepy, and Valier as being rather suspicious, but she said herself it was mostly a gut feeling. No one really accused her either. I think that's probably why the wolves went after her: she was pretty innocent-seeming, rather useful to the village, and she doesn't leave a trail for us to follow. I'd say that makes a sensible kill.
We seem to have accepted this at face value, and didn't really go back and discuss Lommy's posts. But look at Lommy's post 52:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlomian
Firefoot is a difficult case. I say, if she isn't killed by wolves soon, she's a wolf. (Wolves seem to prefer killing the villagers that have something to say or are making themselves important for the village.) And now the wolves won't probably kill her anyway, because it serves them well to have her there under my suspicion. And on the other hand, they might think that a reason to kill her. Oh no, I'm making this meaningless babbling.
If Firefoot was innocent, then why did she not mention Lommy suspected her? In fact she rather cleverly turned us away from taking a closer look at the little Lommy had the chance to tell us. Firefoot then voted for Nogrod, our seer, with very little to back up her suspicion.

I am aware that Firefoot is not here, and had I found this earlier I would have brought it up earlier. But those that are, I urge you to take a look back at Firefoot's posting. I think she is currently the top of my list of suspects.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:59 AM   #275
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I do not want Jenny to die so I agree with you on that Valier - although I know your theory about me and Elu is wrong.

Elu voted for Jenny on day 2 so there seems to be some longstanding suspicion. Elu might also, like Firefoot, have decided to give me the benefit of the doubt, having gone before my explanation.

I don't think we can just forget about Gandalf - he said on day one that keeping quiet was a good ploy for a wolf. Then to vote for oneself is such an unwolvish thing to do do normally.... it could be a bluff.

Anyway the fact is he is a loose cannon and this is the last day we have any room for manoeuvre. We can be fairly sure that if we don't lynch Gandalf the wolves are likely to leave him be. He is either one of them or too useful. Besides Eonwe is a sitting duck because he was declared innocent by the seer. Gandalf is a loose cannon, can not be relied on to reappear and (for me at least offers the best chance of saving Jenny since he already has a vote.

I don't trust you Valier, any more than you trust me but I am more sure of Jenny's innocence than your guilt so that is my priority today.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #276
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Wow thanks Jenny! New eyes to a situation often bring up things that were missed. I see where you see that...them woves are crafty I say! Firefoot has made me suspisious for awhile but I was having a hard time putting my finger on why. Some thing has been screaming at me saying, "she wants you to trust her" Her posts almost sound too reasonable sometimes and in the back of my brain it's telling me She's posting what we want to hear. I think we should also look at Elu's posts. Hehas been trusting of Firefoot for awhile and then says he'll vote for either Mith or Jenny. But opt's for Jenny the "easy" vote keeping Mith who we all suspect around for another day. Ok slow down Valier.......... My mind is suddenly making connections...they could be wrong but, Heck what else do I go on?

Last edited by Valier; 02-21-2006 at 12:09 PM. Reason: X-POSTED WITH MITH
Old 02-21-2006, 12:13 PM   #277
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Jenny, I'm glad to see you back.

Please do not vote for Gandalf. If he truely wouldn't be around, then we can shelve him for later. And since we can only lynch one person, it might as well be someone we can pin something on, right? And his self-vote is, I think, more in his favor than against.

Valier I find your list just a bit too sanitized. Roa was a wolf. I'm innocent, but I'd like to think I was holding my card close to my chest, so to speak. Mithalwen is a bit shadowy. There is just nothing to sink your teeth into, a problem I at least had when I was a wolf. As you know who is innocent and who is a wolf, you have a hard time accusing people, because there's nothing there. But like I said, you did nail a wolf, and I can't really hold that against you...

I'm gonna have to take a long hard look at Firefoot. I'd like her cleared.

Mithalwen is also on the radar.

I just got home from work, so it may take awhile for me to be able to bring anything of value to the table.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #278
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

hhhhhmmmmm After some thought and reorganization of my brain I think the case regarding Firefoot and Elu is much more probable than the one with Mith and Elu. I think Jenny's thoughts on the wolves turning us away from Lommy's posts is sound ... I did look away and that's what they wanted right? So it makes more sense to me finally! I will look at Firefoot today and Elu. My other posts before this were just theory's as well but this one makes the most sense to me.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #279
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Quote:
Please do not vote for Gandalf. If he truely wouldn't be around, then we can shelve him for later. And since we can only lynch one person, it might as well be someone we can pin something on, right? And his self-vote is, I think, more in his favor than against.
Excellent point.

We have a couple more hours until the deadline, (right, Kitanna?) and the voting stands thus:

Elu : Jenny
Gandalf : Gandalf
Firefoot : Jenny

Eonwe is the only known innocent. I tend to trust Mithalwen and Valier, and Gandalf is, as Eonwe put it very well, not worth voting for at this point. I think I will probably vote for Firefoot, as she seems much more dangerous than Elu, but I will not vote for at least another hour and a half. Perhaps I will post a clearer analysis later, it depends on how much time I have.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #280
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well I am back in my draughty cyber cafe, having finally escaped work.....

Hmm ... this may require a major rethink...... up to now I would have said I was most inclined to think Valier guilty, Jenny and Firefoot innocent, Elu ( like Eonwe until he was cleared) too insubstantial to pin down and Gandalf....well frankly I am fed up with Gandalf doing this again. Which is why I am still tempted to vote for him.

However, the fact that if Valier were a wolf she could have ensured her survival for another day already by voting for Jenny is a point in her favour. So I am prepared to look at her theory. Look again at Firefoot - since I was wrong about her being the seer I should look with fresh eyes and see if my initial doubts, were in fact, sound, and see if there is enough of Elu to draw conclusions on. It hadn't occured to look at Thinlomien's posts much again - I don't remember her being around much.. but here goes....