The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #161
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
"You're right, Boro-man! Spreading too much is not the way to make things work." Nogrod answered the Dale-man.

"So now it's only a question of whether we wish to go for someone who's trying to slip under radar or someone who tries to make him/herself heard? Somehow I feel sorry for all those who get nailed innocent after trying to stir discussion on Day1. It's so bad. But there is a wealth of one-liner people here from whom it's hard to pick up the hiding wolf... So Menel or one of the ones in hiding"

Nogrod looked around the bar, now clearly more on top of things he had been the whole day. Vomiting always purifies the body, he thought to himself and tried to catch any signs of fright in any one's expression.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #162
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

"It is time I reckon." Said the rather distracted ranger as he got to his feet. "Going by what exile has taught me I silently observe and make my own conclusions and decisions. Once I know, I speak. Obviously I know nothing at this point." Sleepy smiled a bit. Maybe a memory from an old day or maybe something else but either way it was probably irrelevant to the situation at hand.

"I reckon

++Macalaure

is one of the three we're after. Why? Well probably because of the way he has been. Mind you, I dislike a fair number here but when it comes to survival... hate is not something you take into account." He nodded at the folk present. "Now if you'd excuse me..."
Old 09-07-2006, 02:05 PM   #163
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

"It's that time for me to return home and make sure all the dead have been behaving nicely, and actually they can be of some good company at times. To me Menel's been the most suspicious looking one all day....so...

++Meneltarmacil

Yes, Miss Wilwa, that is my final answer."

Before leaving the door he turned around, and the rest of the villagers fell silent. "I'll be back to gather the dead...and good night, don't let the bed wolves bite." With that Boromir was gone.

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-07-2006 at 02:07 PM. Reason: bolding the names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:36 PM   #164
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Votes so far:

Naria - 1
Valier - 1
Nogrod - 1
Diamond - 1
Menel - 2
Kath - 1
Maca - 1
Valesse - 1

Now this is making me mad, you shouldn't all vote for the same person, try to spread out your votes more tomorrow.

1 hour and 20 minutes left.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #165
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Okay, Boro. Tying things up and ending the spread now. It was ridiculous so far, I say. Eight votes for eight different candidates. That's no way to lay pressure on anyone!

And I'm getting a bit weary too...

So let's get rid of Menel toDay. I've suspected him from the beginning and he's the best candidate I can go for.

If he is an innocent, let me say that we look pretty much more closely for people trying to fly under the radar tomorrow. The shady-ones become more dangerous by each day! In the end, the most dangerous wolves are those we do not see..."

With that Nogrod filled his pipe and lit it carefully, looking for Wilwa's reactions to him lighting his pipe of weed in her bar. I need this, what a nerve-wrecking evening... Some soothing from here woman! Sister, you can't deny this?

After a few puffs inhaled passionately he finally came forwards to Wilwa: "Okay, concentrating the vote for a bit here...

++ Meneltarmacil"

With that he staggered out from the bar, puffing his pipe as he went. Oh, my friend-ants! So where do we go now? The doggone Gravel-monster again! We shall outwit him, let's take the route over the grass and leap over his traps, shall we? Yay, brothers you are to me. I and I loves you! Now let's get stoned mates?
Old 09-07-2006, 02:51 PM   #166
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Valesse had been making a variety of sounds since Kath the hobbit ran over her roots and through the inn, though most of them were actually a mild entish curse. "These tiny halflings are far too hasty, and not careful at all! Brha-hommm!"

Leaning back over to see inside of the inn, counting the current clients, the fir sighed. "I am displeased with this Naria, who is silent with her fill of flat breads. It is not bold, nor is it compassionate. Though I do consider the fact that we have little evidence at the start of this first day, and that some, as I stated before..."

She blinked, noticing the fireplace. Rustling her branches impressively Valesse carried on her thought: "I find it a shame that not even a breath was raised against our mentioning. Perhaps this... Gil-Galad's flat bread batter is too thick and has impeded her speaking ablities." The Entwife took another moment to think.

"Either way whatever it is I have to say has been mentioned... that is the problem with being cautious. Boromir88 states the blame on careers, and many of us has mentioned silence. Perhaps it is not my Hrrrrmm, what is that human word? Elves and Ents are not hasty enough to use it... 'Hunch', yes, that is the one... I will not act on my 'hunch' but logically, and though it is very grave

++ NARIA

has my vote for tonight. I apologize, warrior, but your apathy and silence sit as with me just as well as axes do."
Old 09-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #167
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield

"Ooh," Menel groaned. "I'm having somewhat disturbing thoughts of being hung on a noose at this point. I wonder why that is?"

"Really, my attacks on people's occupations were merely in jest, the ranger continued. "JennyHallu was simply a random choice based on the way my die rolled. And I don't suspect Naria of being a wolf, either. I'm as clueless as the rest of you here."

"At this point," said Menel, "my vote goes to

++Valier

She has posted just enough for us to know that she's around, but has said absolutely nothing of value. Sounds kind of wolfish to me.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #168
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
"Sounds kind of Valier-ish, if you ask me." Jenny sat deep in thought, head resting on her hands. "The decision is, of course, a difficult one. My vote shall be motivated by four concerns: I do not wish to present any new candidates this near to sundown; I do not wish to contribute in the death of one who has been unable, by the call of other duties, to participate here as he or she has wished; I do not wish to lose, this early, the benefit of any villager prone to honest and thorough care in their own voting; and I, of course, don't wish to vote for someone I do not believe wolvish.

"For these reasons, I think that today I shall vote

++Macalaure,

for it seems to me he has been just as suspect as Menel...as far as anyone can tell with so little to go on."
Old 09-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #169
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boromir returns back into the inn and immediately makes his presense known. "Well I'm back, as promised, so who's body am I picking up today? Though I tell you I won't take no wolf body, don't want to catch their disease or anything."
Old 09-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #170
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Naria was in a panic! Not knowing who to pick for death had always been her downfall. With a big sigh she made her hasty decision

++Lommy

"Well...might as well add another name to the pile, eh."
Old 09-07-2006, 04:01 PM   #171
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Please stop voting and posting. Death will be up in a minute.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #172
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

After burying the body of Glirdan, the other villagers tried to go back to their lives as much as possible. However, they all found it rather hard. Instead, they all congregated in Wilwa's Inn to discuss what happened and to attempt to weed out the Wolves.

They discussed and discussed until they could discuss no more. At the end of the Day, Wilwa gathered the villagers so they could vote for who they wanted. To make things a little interesting, Wilwa had set up a booth surrounded by a curtain with a table, a piece of parchment and a quill to write the name of who they wanted to be lynched.

Once everyone had voted. Wilwa went in and brought back out the votes.

"I have tallied the votes which stand thus:

Naria - 2
Valier - 2
Nogrod - 1
Valesse - 1
Diamond - 1
Meneltarmacil - 3
Kath - 1
Macalaure -
Thinlomien - 1

This means that you are the one to be lynched Menel."

The villagers turned to look at Menel and screamed in horror. Where there had once been a man stood a gargantuan beast, covered from head to foot in fur. A tail had sprouted and he had grown a few inches taller. His feet, nails, ears and hands had grown as well.

"So, you think you can take me? Well, come get me!" he cried and he ran out of the village. The villagers chased him. Sleepy had drawn his bow and fired at him. The first two missed. The third hit him right in the arm. With a howl of pain and fury, Menel wrenched the arrow out, dripping with blood.

"So that's how you want to play is it?" he snarled. "Well then, we'll see about that!!" He rushed forward and grabbed Kath, the closest too him. She screamed in horror.

"Help!! Help!!"

"Oh, what do we do, what do we do?" Valesse cried. Everyone turned to look at her with a glint in their eyes.

"Hmmm. Well, you could always step on him," grinned Gil.

"I can what? Oh!! That's right!!" With that, she rose her foot and raised it over Menel. He looked up in shock and at the same time released Kath.

"This is one tree you won't blow down you big bad Wolf!" Valesse yelled in victory. And she stepped on him. There was sickening crunch and she moved her foot. Menel had been squished, flat as a pancake.

The villagers turned away from the gruesome site, a glint of victory in each of their eyes. And true to his word, Boromir did not touch the body of the dead Wolf.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Glirdan (mod) - Mauled to death on Night 1
Meneltarmacil (wolf) - Squished into a pancake on Day 1

Alive

Valesse
Gil
Valier
Naria
Diamond
JennyHallu
Nogrod
Boro
Sleepy Ranger
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath

Day 1 is over. Night 2 begins. Wolves, start PM'ing. I need a name from the Seer, the Wolves and the Ranger.

PS: Wilwa, turns out I didn't need you. Thanks anyway...you can delete your post.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #173
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

JennyHallu had gone back to her hut with a wide grin on her face after the murder of the Wolf Meneltarmacil. Night had fallen and the stars were shining as she reached her cabin door and opened it.

When she walked in, she noticed a big surprise. All of her belongings had been stolen. She rushed into the kitchen and everything (including the sink!!) had been stolen. "But I'm the thief!" she yelled savagely. "Who would do this to the thief of all thieves!?"

Then she heard two low sniggers in the doorway behind her. "Uh, we would pretty lady!"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The villagers woke up the next day feeling refreshed and quite pleased with themselves that they had found a Wolf on the first Day.

"What are the chances!?" Valesse smiled.

"Very slim. Infact, there is a-" started Valier, but she was quickly interupted.

"Umm, there's one of us missing..." Gil said slowly, his voice quavering slightly as he spoke.

The others looked around and counted. It turned out he was right. A sudden silence fell about the crowd.

Finally, Macalaure piped up, while shaking uncontrollably, "Wh-where i-i-is Jen-JennyHallu!?"

The village walked over to her house and knocked.

"I smell death..." Boromir stated solemly.

The others, heeding his words, opened the door slowly. A strange site met them. All of Jenny's belongings had disappeared.

"What the..." Nogrod started. Then he walked into the kitchen and shouted for the rest of the villagers.

What they saw made them even more confused. All of her belongings in here had disappeared as well. What was worse was there were dark red stains all over the wall that looked horribly like blood. The odd part about all this was that there was no body. They searched the entire house from top to bottom and in the yard and didn't find her body.

"Well, it looks like she's been...stolen!" Naria shrieked incredulously.

They all left the house, completely bewildered and sad at their loss.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Glirdan (mod) - Mauled to death on Night 1
Meneltarmacil (wolf) - Squished into a pancake on Day 1
JennyHallu (innocent) - Killed and her body stolen on Night 2

Alive

Valesse
Gil
Valier
Naria
Diamond
Nogrod
Boro
Sleepy Ranger
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath

Day 2 starts. Wolves stop PMing. You may now start your discussions. Remember that the Day will still end at 6PM Eastern Time tomorrow. Also, Wilwa will not be around much for this Day so please grab yourself some drinks. Thanks.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #174
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

"Well that's not good" Boromir stated, "who took the body? I'm being serious, is someone trying to run me out of business or something? I mean someone has to take care of all these dead people. Now, I won't touch no wolf body, but I never said anything about not picking up slashed up bodies. I mean, hey, I've handled lepers, and warts, and boils, and rabies, and scabies, and all sorts, just will not come near no wolf body, I tell you that. All other dead, leave me to get rid of, everyone got that?"

They all stared at him blankly, some looked as if they were questioning Boromir's sanity.

"Well, now that that's clear" Boromir said rather chummily, "Later I will inform everyone who I most likely won't be voting for today, unless for some unforseen circumstance comes up. And who I will be looking at as possible wolfies."
Old 09-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #175
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Volo woke up early this day, strangly refreshed. It must be this dreamworld. He didn't hurry out, feeling that nothing good would come from that Volo sat down and continued eating all this great food Glirdan left him with the inn. One werewolf out, so easily... Not that I did anything. Not that I need to do anything. Ah, it's a nice feeling when you can just do anything you wish knowing that it won't make any difference in the end. Volo explored his inn once more and found some things he didn't notice before, an another wine cellar and a hidden door to his bedroom right from the first wine cellar. I wonder if there are more passages in this town... Knowing them could make this dream few days longer.

When he left the building, he noticed the commotion outside, it seemed that JennyHallu was murdered, not that Volo felt much pity... But that meant Jenny was innocent and that Menel's die was right, Jenny would die. She was rather nice, maybe I'll miss her later...

By all he heared, Volo thought of Valier suspicously. "It was pretty sure that Menel would be lynched, so he might have voted Valier to save her from suspicion knowing that she wouldn't be lynched anyway, or that it didn't matter which wolf should leave as long as the other would get out clean... And it seemed that Valier was against Jenny.

And them Lommy acted too quickly, not that Naria possessed much threat to her, it would have been better for her to stay quiet and vote next day, she wouldn't have been lynched for that...

Mac on the other hand, I would trust, he voted against Menel too early to feel safe about it, the same with Boromir. Nogrod voted later, Menel already had the most votes on him. But I'll not suspect him yet.

If Valier is innocent then Gil could be a werewolf, both he and Menel voted against Valier.

Diamond also made a hasty choice, Nogrod hadn't said anything close to the point yet. I think Diamond knows that Nogrod isn't as stupid as he looks.

Kath only rushed through and shouted against Valesse, without much reason. She should have waited... But then on the other side, why wouldn't she want to enjoy her time in this world...

Valesse voted against Naria without a large reason, suspicious...

Sleepy Ranger was against Macalaure, but I don't feel, that can be read too strange..."

At that Volo went to Wilwa's inn carrying his own beer with him. Now this time, I'll listen to what people have to say and have a pint, or two, or three, doesn't matter... "Do you have records on things like this from the past?"

Last edited by Volo; 09-08-2006 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Rather than thinking this all, I'll make Volo say it...
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #176
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"So Jenny is dead", Thinlómien said ponderingly when she entered the inn after Volo. "That at least proves one of my suspicions wrong. Last night before falling asleep I thought about everything that had taken place and had been said, and I must say the young thief was one of my suspects. Evidently she's not one of them anymore." She rolled her eyes.

"As to other people I find a bit suspicious at this phase... Valesse the entwife, I must say, though I love trees. As our secondary innkeeper here pointed out", Thinlómien said, pointing at Volo, "her vote was quite odd. Naria is not very suspicious in my opinion. (Yet, not innocent-like either.) My lorebook tells me she's acting like all people in the Nariatic family, and that has nothing to do with her innocence or guiltyness. Yes, I voted her yesterday, but I didn't have very many people to choose from. Valesse, on the other branch - like she herself puts it - did have a lot to choose from. She says her vote is logical though the only things she blames Naria of are apathy and silence, and the later surely belongs to the normal behaviour of individuals belonging to the Nariatic family."

"Di has been really whimsical too, but that's been normal for gem-people on first days for ages. It makes me uneasy anyway so I'll be watching her."

"I'm inclined to trust Boromir, Nogrod and Macalaure for a while, because they all played a major part in Menel-wolf's lynch. However, that doesn't mean I will blindly trust them or their innocence. No, they're just not on the top of my suspicion list, or close to it. I concentrate on other people unless the menel-lynchers do something alarming."

She went to get herself an apple juice and a loaf of bread. "Of the others I can't really say anything before I hear more of them. Hopefully I will get a chance to."
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #177
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A low snicker, then an outburst of laughter erupted from within a corner of the inn. "Nariatic! priceless...phew...thanks Lommy, I haven't laughed that hard in awhile."
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #178
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"Alas for poor JennyHallu! Too early she left this world etc. and so on." Macalaure entered the bar, unshaken by the nightly bloodshed and corpseloss, "Let the view of this abhorrent act not distract us from our task! One wolf is down, the next we look for.

So,... who of you is most likely to have done this terrible deed?

Boromir looks pretty innocent for now. He came up with a lot of good reasons yesterday. I saw no fault in what he said.

Same holds for Nogrod. He told us to take a thorough look at the quiet villagers. Convenient this is, since he is not a quiet one. But I will overlook this for now.

Valesse and Lommy gave some decent reasoning yesterday and Volo today. The two look innocent to me as well - at the moment.

Kath was short on time yesterday. She's still neutral in my book for this reason. Let's wait what she shows us today."

Macalaure took a glance at the bored and tired crowd. "Have you finished about who's not guilty?", he heard one murmur.

"Your patience will be rewarded - right now. Here are my suspects:

Valier contributed close to nothing yesterday and her vote was void of reason. Yet I will tolerate it for the moment, because of the reasons I gave yesterday and because she's Valier. Still my lorepapyrus tells me to not be too patient with her.

Naria is suspicious to me. First she tells people to talk while not talking herself, then she throws her vote away at the end of the day. Keep a close look at her, I say!

Then there is Gil-Galad, or isn't he? What he said was of no importance, sadly, but what was said about him: he was mildly suspected by Menel! Wolf-on-wolf-vote, or did Menel just see an opportunity for voicing suspicions at innocents, as probably with his suspecting Lommy? Speak yourself out today, Gilga!

Which leaves me with my two prime suspects: Diamond18 and Sleepy Ranger

Diamond didn't give any real contributions to our cause. Her vote was for no reason. It's weird that Menel commented on her fun accusations and told her to go wolf-hunting instead. Why would he ask this of an innocent?

Sleepy as well didn't come up with a lot. I was indifferent on him, but then he cast his vote: for me! This is not a problem to me, if it is done with some reason. His reason was 'Well probably because of the way he has been.' Would you care to provide just a little bit more detail? Until then, you remain to be my top suspect. If I had to vote now, it would be you."

At last Macalaure arrived at the end of his speech, exhaled and sat down. Murmuring "All this stuff on an empty stomach... need something good to drink..." he wandered off to loot the newly-deserted kitchen.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #179
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nogrod's head was humming. He had clearly overdone the celebration of last night's wolf-kill. One too much man? Gettin' old nowar'we? He now regretted taking the "one more" pill before going to sleep.

He had managed to join the others on the square in the morning anyhow, though he felt dizzy and his senses were still being subdued. The actual data collected by his senses here and now and his memories of the last day were beautifully mixed with his quite private visions.

There was a horde of leaves that were chasing a host of Emperor penguins which tried to catch a plateful of pancakes that were just running amok. He tried to pinpoint the pancakes but had crashed to a door. He fell beneath it just before the dragon bursted its fiery breath, burning the whole inn that had asked him for some weed. He tried to cool himself with a pint, but the pint had accused him of bad habits and fainted, melting away. He was shot through the galaxies just to meet a falling spermwhale shouting "No time Tolouse!" and falling and falling. And there was no thief around to pick the big and stony concrete thing from its path.

"No!" he yelled just before landing face on to the kitchen floor. His nose was bleeding. Blood? A bit lot I daresay brother. "What the..." he called and the others came to the kitchen after him.

It was somewhat unclear to Nogrod whether Jenny had really died or just vanished as he followed others to the bar. He was confused also. They had done so well last night but now there clearly was a problem again. Didn't they just win already? It seemed not. He took a pill from his pocket and swallowed it as he went. Cool now man, cool now...

In the bar Nogrod ordered a gin-tonic from Wilwa and sat back to a cosy armchair, sipping the cool drink slowly and listening to Boro, Volo and Lommy making their points. Then he fell into his thoughts for a while. The abyss was coming to him again. He had just a little time.

Swiftly he sprang up and declared aloud: "Brothers, sisters,... if we have a go today, we go for it! Lemme be clear, we go for any go. But if we have not? Man, what to do?" he took some strengtht from his glass and continued: "I really would like to see our quiet companions to step forwards today. By witholding your mind you may hope to stay safe but if even one of you is a wolf? Well, cursed be the day then and shame on us not bothering to look for where the ghosts abide. No excuses today, no anymore! Get involved or be suspected! I mean, down south..." Nogrod started a mumbling monologue that was slowly dying down to a mere babble about sneaky drug dealers and gang wars where some had sneaked themselves to win great prices with just staying in the shadows.

Then it was time for Nogrod to fall into the shadows himself. He literally fell to the armchair and passed out. The glass cracked to the floor as he fell.

EDIT: X-posted with Macalaure
Old 09-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #180
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

" 'Ere's how I see things right now, and as far as who I won't be voting for today, unless if some unforseen reason appears, Macalaure, Nogrod, Thinlomien, Valier, and Naria.

'Mac and Nogrod because of their votes for a known wolf. Now we can throw around insane ideas about wolf-on-wolf votes, but bottom line is Day 1 there's no reason for wolves to do this. Losing a wolf on Day 1 is not something they want to do as it starts them off on the wrong foot and gets them behind. If anything, that's something I would suspect wolves would want not to happen, there simply is no logical reasoning to send out a suicide wolf on Day 1. If a buddies death become apparent, then it's more likely, but it being Day 1, with very spread out and tight voting, there simply is no reason to lynch a fellow wolf. If any vote would have been a wolf-on-wolf vote, it would likely have been the first one, as perhaps they would think that it wouldn't amount to their buddies lynching, but I severely doubt this is the case. Mac announced his suspicions on the very odd acting Menel, knew that there were at least two others that noticed this very thing, so I doubt that if he was a wolf he would have voted for a fellow wolf. Same for Nogrod, at this time there were still several people left to vote, voting was spread out and tight, no reason to lynch a fellow wolf and start off on the bad foot.

'Thinlomien and Naria because of Menel trying to point suspicion towards them. This was the very behaviour that I and others noted as strange in Menel, as it looked like he was trying to incriminate people without really incriminating them (or getting his stinky paws filthy) With these two, their innocence isn't as strong of a feeling as Mac and Nogrod's, but at least for today there's no reason as far as why I should consider them as wolves. And I also agree with the observation made by our stablehand:

Quote:
"No, they're just not on the top of my suspicion list, or close to it. I concentrate on other people unless the menel-lynchers do something alarming."
'I'm never fond of conjuring up crazy what-if theories, I think that gets us too off our focus as far as what blatantly is wolfish and what 'crazy possibilities' wolves may try. Though those whacky possibilities are fun, it tends to lead us off focus from those who are blatantly making wolf slip-ups, and so if there's no reason to see why someone looks suspicious, there's no reason for me to consider voting for them, or conjuring up these whacky 'what if one of them was a wolf-on-wolf vote.'

'Valier because of Menel's vote for her. It's possible that Menel saw his death coming so cast a vote for a fellow wolf to throw everyone's suspicion off Valier. But is it also not as equally possible that Menel was doing that to get us all thinking that he was voting for a fellow wolf, but really we'd be lynching an innocent instead? Anyway, what I'm saying is again, I'm not fond of these reverse psychology wolf tricks, and will not base my suspicions purely off some cooky scenario I've concocted.'

'So that means my vote will most likely be going to one of these people today...Valesse, Diamond, Volo, Gil-Galad, Sleepy Ranger, or Kath. I'll be back with what I've thought about these fellow villagers or possible wolves in disguise later. For now, I must be going. But before I go, a special congrats to our Seer for surviving the Night...yes I just had to be the demented guy that brings up the Seer and sparks a big debate...I'm sorry it just wouldn't be truly Werewolf without it. But for now, there's a body to be found."

Edit: Cross-posted with Nogrod and Mac.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #181
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

From between his wild and psychotic dreams Nogrod somehow heard Boromir talking. First he just let it flow through, but then he heard his list of suspicion:
Quote:
Valesse, Diamond, Volo, Gil-Galad, Sleepy Ranger, or Kath
"Ditto!" he shouted and then fell down to his chair again, mumbling something about Volo making it a bit better this day.

Then it was just black.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:04 PM   #182
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kath entered more slowly this time, having realised she’d run over the tree roots of an Ent the Day before as she heard the hrrrming following her, and not wanting to do it again. Not many people were up and about yet, but it seemed that the wolves had taken another, literally. Quietly Kath went up to the bar. Wilwa didn’t seem to be around but she didn’t want a drink anyway. Reaching behind the counter she pulled out a small brightly coloured bird and went to sit at a table with it. She took out a pen and paper and knocked the bird on the head sharply with the pen. As though this was a cue, it began to talk, and what it said was what everyone had said all of yesterday, for it was a trained parrot and had recorded all the events. Listening intently Kath began to jot down notes. Eventually the parrot finished speaking and Kath returned it to it’s position behind the bar so it could continue recording todays words, though she hoped she’d be around to hear them herself this time.

Standing up she took her piece of paper and called out to the room.

“Excuse me. Excuse me!”

Slowly people turned to look at her and she continued.

“I know some people don’t like summaries, but I’ve made one in case anyone thinks it might be useful. It will be up on the wall by the bar if anyone wants to read it.”

She pinned it up, and this is what it said:

Post 119: Menel went randomly, picking Jenny due to a dice roll. It might explain why the remaining wolves went after her.

Post 120: Gil is remarkably flippant, but that is his way.

Post 121: Boromir suspects Menel. Wolf on wolf suspicion perhaps but I think he cross spoke with Gil, so it may simply have been due to Menel being the only one, in Boro’s opinion, to have spoken.

Post 122: Naria tells Gil to concentrate, and then watches.

Post 123: Menel turns on Boro (explaining his suspicion of Jenny) and Gil. Again possible wolf on wolf, or because they’re the only ones there.

Post 124: Strange speak from Gil, doesn’t tell us anything.

Post 125: Naria wonders where everyone is.

Post 126: Valier rambles and then watches.

Post 127: Lommy looks at Menel, again possible wolf on wolf, mention quick suspicion of him early. Conspicuously doesn’t mention Boro. Mentioning one comrade and not the other perhaps.

Post 128: Mac talks and watches.

Post 130: Lommy jokingly insults Mac and gives stirring speech. But uses the word ‘victims’ which I find odd, as the term ‘fellow innocents’ might be a little more appropriate. As yet only those dead should be termed victims.

Post 131: Lommy votes Naria for picking on those who haven’t spoken when she hasn’t spoken herself. Relatively good reasoning for an early Day 1 vote.

Post 132: Jenny agrees that silent Naria bears some watching.

Post 133: Boro banters with Menel and defends himself against Mac.

Post 134: Di suspects all.

Post 135: Mac asks for chatter not silence, arguing still with Boro.

Post 136: Menel asks for reasons for suspicion from Di and suspects Lommy for jumping on Naria so fast, but says he’ll be happy to look at Naria if Lommy is proved innocent.

Post 137: Gil votes Valier with no reasoning.

Post 138: Jenny argues with Di.

Post 139: Nogrod suspects Menel, even through the drugs. Possibly wolf on wolf (it’s all based on that Menel chose suspicion randomly) but it seems more innocent.

Post 140: Mac suspects Menel. Same point as above.

Post 141: Boro agrees with Mac and acts friendly to Nogrod.

Post 142: Volo yells randomly.

Post 143: Honestly, no idea what the point of this post was!

Post 144: Sleepy talks to himself.

Post 145: Di votes Nogrod based on role. Not a great reason for a vote.

Post 146: Valesse suspects Menel after clearing Valier and Naria of suspicion.

Post 147: Kath arrived, apologised, voted Valesse randomly and left.

Post 148: Valier gets into her role a bit.

Post 149: Boro suspects Di and Menel for accusing based on occupation.

Post 150: Jenny suspects Menel and Valier because they accused her with no reason.

Post 151: Valier votes Di for no reason.

Post 153: Menel repeats his suspicions of Lommy but changes his opinion on Naria, saying she’s innocent. Accuses Mac.

Post 154: Volo defends Nogrod and accuses Kath because she was rushing.

Post 155: Mac suspects Di and Valier, but votes Menel because he thinks he was trying to twist his words.

Post 157: Volo votes Kath because she was so rushed.

Post 158: Nogrod suspects about half the village, but clears Boro and Mac, and partly Jenny and Valesse. Then goes on to seriously suspect Menel. If the Boro/Menel/Nogrod triangle is right, that makes sense.

Post 159: Boro defends his suspicions against Menel.

Post 161: Nogrod debates the benefits of loud versus quiet.

Post 162: Sleepy votes Mac ‘because of the way he has been’. Perhaps some clarification on that would help Sleepy.

Post 163: Boro votes Menel.

Post 165: Votes Menel and says to look at quieter people tomorrow. If he’s a wolf again this makes sense, as he is loud.

Post 166: Valesse votes Naria because she has been silent.

Post 167: Menel votes Valier after going back on all his earlier suspicions, claming they were all jokes. Might be an idea to look at who he suspected in light of that as he might have cleared them to save them being suspected after his death, which he thought was imminent. Course, could be a double bluff.

Post 168: Jenny votes Mac with little reason.

Post 170: Naria votes Lommy, just because. Not good from someone who claimed to have sat and watched all day, some suspicions should have been formed.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:22 PM   #183
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria's mood went from utter giddiness to an outright fervor. She brushed her clothes straight and cleared her throat as she walked over toNogrod and splashed a huge mug of water on his face. "Wake up man! You complain of how I am of no help...well sir, look at you....always smokin the pot and poppin the pills and washing it all down with a stiff cooler. Hmph, I do say isn't that the pot calling the kettle black, or however that term goes. We need you to stay around us with a clear head...I know it must be awfully hard for you, but maybe give it a go."

Before Naria was done with her rant she had a couple more things to say, "Oh yeah, there are a couple more things I'd like to say. I believe their very well could have been a wolf on wolf vote yesterDay, I mean why not weirder things have happened. The second thing is, Kath why put something up like this without a personal thought on your summary at the bottom or something? I just don't find them very helpful and actually they make me think that the one that has posted it is just trying to look helpful when really they aren't" With that she plunked herself down and spotted some more spamcakes and dug in.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #184
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kath had been expecting this kind of reaction. Standing up she spoke directly to Naria.

"Naria, if you'll notice, I made personal opinions all the way through. Or at least, I made them where I thought they deserved to be made. If you wish me to spell it out clearly I find Nogrod, Lommy and Boromir suspicious because the way they treated Menel and Menel treated them looks to me like it could have been carefully choreographed. I want to keep an eye on them today and see if my suspicions increase or decrease as the days go by."

She made to sit down again, but had another thought.

"Oh, and it's nice to see you taking a more active role. While I don't hold with the theory that quiet means evil, I seem to recall you voting rather suddenly and randomly yesterday, so more input would be lovely."
Old 09-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #185
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Out of the corner Boromir reappears and everyone is startled for a second. "I'm not going to be so harsh sounding on you Kath," he said slowly, "as our Naria is over here. If it's of any comfort to you I actually learned a lot from your summary, Kath. What may not be so comfortable is you have quickly rised up the suspicion chart. You do supply commentary, but it seems rather flawed and like your grasping at straws, which gets my eyebrows raising. Let me explain....

'The biggest is that you note some sort of trio between myself, Nogrod, and Mac, and somehow throw Thinlomien also into the mix. And some how there has been this carefully choreographed fight on Day 1 between the wolves. Now the wolves do start off at an advantage having a whole night to plan their actions, but there's only three wolves, and perhaps I just got confused, but it seems like you are suggesting there is this grand conspiracy with five people (myself, Menel, Thinlomien, Mac, and Nogrod), and over the night the wolves set this up.'

'I'm rather curious as to how you think this is some great choreographing work of wolves. I can't speak for the others, but for myself, I thought I clearly defined my reasoning for suspecting Menel. His play of attacking people based off their occupation left a mark on my mind. I went back and searched through my family's ancient papers, lo and behold my disgruntled great uncle from Dor-lomin, wrote that he spotted a wolf because that person attacked an individual who wasn't the most moral person. That's when it clicked in me, that I'm not too fond of people going after other's occupation as I think it shows a sense of desperancy, to just try and throw suspicion at others because they don't have the same values as you. Which I remarked we're not here to lynch those with lower morals than say you, Kath, but we're here to lynch night killers. And Menel's behaviour greatly reminded me of the affair with my great uncle, which is why I felt suspicious of him.'

'As far as me being in some grand scheme with Menel and four other people. I'm not trying to get connected with anyone, if I happen to agree with you I will say so. I felt like Mac had brought up very reasonable points, as well as Nogrod, and that's why I agreed with them. Perhaps there comes a time where we don't see eye-to-eye, I don't know.'

'Bottomline is, this seems strange to me Kath and as if you are trying too hard to throw a bunch of people under the bus, so to say. There's only three wolves, but you've thrown multiple people together into working and creating this scenario of suicidal Menel, and a whole group of other people creating this choreographed scenario yesterday. Again, problem is there's only three wolves, one of which is dead, yet you have lumped together several people as working together, as if you are attempting to throw multiple people under the same boat of working together hoping others will follow up.'

'And again, I question why would intellegent wolves even do such a plan? Why set themselves up at a disadvantage after starting out with an advantage? There is no sensible reason that I can think of as wolves sending out one of their own to be suicidal and get themselve purposefully lynched on Day 1, it just doesn't make sense. Because this strategy sets the remaining wolves at a disadvantage and to get one of there buds purposefully lynched on Day 1 just doesn't seem semi-intellegent at all. Why go out and start with a lynching one of their own when an innocent could have easily been lynched on Day 1, as what most typically happens? No, wolves start creating these whacky scenarios when one of them is getting into trouble, I don't see it as something they would do when they start the day off at an advantage and could easily get an innocent lynched, especially when it is Day 1 and there is absolutely nothing concrete to go off of.'

'With that being said, Naria you have now raised some caution. I felt that you likely seemed innocent at the start, but quite frankly this attack of Kath's summary seems odd. Possibly trying to throw suspicion around, because clearly Kath did put in her own commentary throughout the summary.'

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-08-2006 at 07:05 PM. Reason: bolding the names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #186
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Diamond regained consciousness in the morning, and learned of the death of Menel with grim satisfaction.

"One dead werewolf," she said. "Excellent. I shall now have to cast my mind back over everything he said, even though I was unconscious during some of it. You may wonder how this is possible, well, I wonder too, but whatever."

She turned to Kath, "I appreciate the posting, it makes for an interesting read, much clearer also than most everything else. Still, it makes me slightly worried, since we are both Hobbits previously acquainted with each other, and if people know you like I know you, they know how devestating your analysis can be when you are using it for ill deeds."

She walked to the bar and helped herself to some day old pancakes, feeling that the age and coldness of them made the consumption of them less gratuitous.

Casting her eye on Nogrod, she observed, "I can't put my finger on it, but you still worry me. You talk long and pretty about the actions of others, calling on people to speak up and such, but that is all I really get from you and it isn't much. Seems a mite unfair to always be calling upon others to speak when that's most all you yourself are saying. Aye, I know I haven't said much of substance but then, at least I admit it. However, your vote for Menel at a critical time speaks well of you."

She heard her name mentioned in passing by Mac:

Quote:
Diamond didn't give any real contributions to our cause. Her vote was for no reason. It's weird that Menel commented on her fun accusations and told her to go wolf-hunting instead. Why would he ask this of an innocent?
She snorted. "No one around here tells me what to do. Period. I'm a rebel and I've never ever been any good, I'm a rebel and I never ever do what I should. I mean, you think I'm into ascectism for the morality of it? Pshaw. I'm in it for the rebellion. Ask the other Hobbits... my parents don't speak of me. Anyway, as to why Menel said that, you will have to ask him in the afterlife."

"But," she continued, "speaking of those being coached, Volo today strikes me as very smooth for a newbie. This may speak well of his general intelligence, or it may indicate he's being helped along by a furry teammate. Time will tell."

"Eru willing, I will stick around and be able to contribute more to the discussion before I vote, but I must warn you that I feel another fainting spell coming on and do not know how long I can last."
Old 09-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #187
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
"Brrrrhmmm!" the meloncholy fir sounded, greeting the inn from her window. "I did have more introductions yesterday than you did young Thinlomien, yes" Valesse started "But as you will note we did not hear from the one we were both worried about until the very... very... end..." Raising her head once again, Valesse continued to address the clients.

"I will ask you to listen to your bird again and note that I was not suspicious of Menel, tiny Kath... but suspicious of Naria and Valier... but seeing Menel's true form now I regret mentioning it..." She heaved a sigh which blew over a stein inside "But even a tarnishing truth now is better than letting a misunderstanding fester."

"If you remember, I state my theory of the boldness of wolves..." The entwife looked pained, feeling foolish "I implied that lycanthorpes are trying to blend in and not stand out... I am- at least- a third wrong."

Slowly her eyes focused on the counter of the inn and in reached Valesse's long woody hand. In her fingers the fir captured a number of apples and brought them outside for inspection. "Yes... I am ashamed that I concluded that such creatures would be silent, when their duty is specifically to be tricksy like the orc. Hrmmm!" The ent placed each apple high in her branches, decorating her foilage like a lady would apply her earrings and continued with a far more greavous expression:

"I apologize for my foul assumptions of you, Naria, but unfortunately they remain... though much fainter than before." Valesse switched windows "I do believe that you will be a deal more active today which would negate my point in observing you." With a chorus of creaks and groans the entwife gave a short but warm smile before frowning once more. "With how my words were construde I will likely be interested in Kath."

"Oop!" Curiously the entwife looked suprised, her apples had all fallen from her branches and were she able, Valesse would be the color of a red wood tree. Gathering her adornments as quickly as a respectible ent might, she excused herself.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #188
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

After Naria heard Kath out she meandered over to the wall where Kath's parchment hung. "Hmmm, well whadya know...there are a few comments." She looked back at the plump Hobbit and quickly offered an apology, "I am sorry dear I seemed to have missed your thoughts with my first read." She gave Kath a nod and turned her thoughts to other things.

"Valesse, no need to apologize....afterall are we all not suspect." Naria bent down and picked up two of the apples that had fallen and handed them up towards the Entwife's gnarly 'fingers'. Once again her attention was brought around, this time to the collector of corpses. She gave Boro a tap on the shoulder and begged the question, "How did you come to the conclusion that Kath has five 'suspects'? After I read through her note....again, I have not found such things. You must forgive me for I am a simple sort....I am just a warrior and may not be as astute as you may/or may not be....so if you would, please explain."
Old 09-09-2006, 02:32 AM   #189
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
"Ah you forget the simple Werewolf ploy, they know they are doomed so they will vote for another werewolf to save it, and it would be foolhardy for werewolves to vote together when they can simply kill the person they wish gone"
Old 09-09-2006, 03:44 AM   #190
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Having had her breakfast, Thinlómien opened her mouth again: "Kath, dear perian, I didn't like your summary. It made me - like some othe people, it seems - wary of you. You're throwing suspicion to all directions you can. Calm down a bit, little lady."

Then, she turned her eyes to the searcher of Death and Plague. "Boromir, I didn't like your reactions to Kath's summary either. You present the hobbit maid's opinions in a pointed way and thus change the meaning of her words a bit. As the warrior-Naria said you're drawing a bit too quickly this wolf quintet of yours. Surely if Kath suspects four people (plus dead wolf Menel) that does not make them all wolves in her opinion. (Except Menel the dead wolf of course.)"

Now, she eyed both the hobbit and the plague-addicted daleman. "Kath herself names three primary suspects, not more. Nogrod, Boromir and myself."

Thinlómien went and filled her cup with apple juice. "What is interesting here, is that all of the three of us - especially Nogrod and Boromir - seem to be enjoying a general position of trust in the village at the moment. I don't know yet what to think of this."

Seeing the innkeeper was not present (and her mother neither), Thinlómien took a hairbrush and started brushing her long brown hair in the table.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:14 AM   #191
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Macalaure returned from the kitchen with a full stomach and a peaceful expression on his face. Yet the peacefulness ceased as he saw the untrustworthy bunch that he was stuck with sitting in the bar, speaking nothing and giving each other strange looks. Each of them looked more suspicious than the other.

"Over in the kitchen I overheard some talk of a wolf-plot to sacrifice one of their own. I do not believe this. Keep in mind that wolves not only kill people to satisfy their hunger and to be winning in the end, they also kill for the sheer fun of it. Being dead, on the other hand, is pretty much the end of all fun for them.
I agree, it's a possibility. Still we should look for the more probable baddies today.

Kath has spoken, at last. I don't agree on all she said, but I will rest that for now. I also don't fully agree on Boro's accusation of her, so regarding Kath I'm as smart as before.

I notice that Diamond still hasn't come up with something profound. The vaguest of theories against Nog and Volo, weird comment on my words towards her...
Diamond is either a very stubborn and death-defying innocent - or a very stubborn and death-defying wolf. I have a feeling we will find out pretty soon.

Same holds for Gil-Galad.

How do you people get the idea that Menel suspected Naria? He continually defends her in his later words. Unfortunately, I fear this can be interpreted in both ways."

Macalaure slowly walked to a bench and laid down.

"And now, if you excuse me, myself would like to do a little nap - too much good food Wilwa has left behind."
Old 09-09-2006, 07:16 AM   #192
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I notice that Diamond still hasn't come up with something profound.
"Has anyone?"

Diamond rolled her eyes and choked down another cold pancake. "Seriously, though," she said, "the waters are more than a bit murky now and I don't see as anyone has come up with any great theories about anything, there's just a bit of general bickering and the same old trite arguments going around."

"Not that I blame anyone. We've all been yanked out of our elements and dropped into this place, and I for one am feeling a wee bit rusty."

"Which makes me curse the ever inconveinent deadlines which force me to vote half a day early all the time."

Diamond turned in her seat and said with a tad more confidence, "However, I have a better idea who to vote for today."

+ + Naria

"Menel's defenses of her are reason enough. Now, I've not had many dealings with Menel to know how he treats fellow wolves, if at all, but I'm going to with a hunch. Yep, a hunch. Profundity is overrated."
Old 09-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #193
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Oh my head..."

Nogrod came back to his senses. Well at least somewhat. His skirt was still wet from Naria's mug of water that had not had the desired effect.

"Soo hungry... but can't stand the pancakes", he muttered basically to himself. Slowly he got him up from the chair and staggered to the door, his head was both heavy and light at the same time, his brain was swimming here and there.

"Okay brothers and sisters, I and I need to have some food and time for thought. Maybe some refreshments not sold in this bar..." He tried to flash a smile, but kind of didn't succeed in it.

"I'll be back in the evening with some ideas. Promise you guys that. Now I'm just too tired and dizzy. But funny how little things light fires when any bigger ideas are not around. Maybe we should think the argument between Boro and Kath again? Kath seems to be ready to spread her suspicion quite hastily.
Quote:
I find Nogrod, Lommy and Boromir suspicious because the way they treated Menel and Menel treated them looks to me like it could have been carefully choreographed
Maybe she can elaborate on this "careful choreography" later on? Seems to be so careful that it can't be even seen? It's easy to throw that kind of blame if one can avoid explaining it further. And who should feel a need to just try accusing some persons out of the hat with that kind of vague theories? But Boro was admittedly quite stiff to counter her... Although Boro's point of wolves being really stupid to give away their advantage on Day1 when there is no pressing reason to do so still somewhat convinces me... I mean kind of a high price for achieving what? All of us Menel-voters have been suspected already toDay."

Nogrod shrugged his shoulders as he went out of the bar.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:01 AM   #194
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

"Thinlomien," Boromir stated "let me show you what I mean. This is from Kath's summary:

Quote:
Post 121: Boromir suspects Menel. Wolf on wolf suspicion perhaps but I think he cross spoke with Gil, so it may simply have been due to Menel being the only one, in Boro’s opinion, to have spoken.
Quote:
Post 158: Nogrod suspects about half the village, but clears Boro and Mac, and partly Jenny and Valesse. Then goes on to seriously suspect Menel. If the Boro/Menel/Nogrod triangle is right, that makes sense.
'I admit there was a bit of confusion upon my part, I thought she was also tossing Mac into the bunch, but now reading through again it doesn't appear so. Which makes it at least make more sense. I did say that possibly I got confused, but it looked like she was trying to lump myself, Nogrod, Thinlomien, Mac, and Menel together in this wolf choreography scheme. Which I felt was odd, because with only two wolves remaing she's lumping together quite a list of people in this wolf scheme of hers. I'm trying to get across, why should we even consider this at this point? And like I said, I'm not a big fan of cooky schemes, because how often are they ever right? Perhaps the tricky, sneaky wolf would try it once in a while, when they're in a pickle, but smart wolves don't just go out and purposefully lynch one of their own on Day 1 when there is absolutely no reason to.'

'Oh and Thinlo, I'm not asserting any control in the village, you do whatever you want to do. Quite frankly I don't care if anyone listens to me If you choose to agree with me do so, one day perhaps I may see everything the same way as you. But I do get rather annoyed that after lynching a wolf on Night 1, suddenly those who got rid of the wolf have to be in partnership with them, while they completely miss the easy wolf signs, but it gets disregarded as being 'why would a wolf act so stupid.''
Old 09-09-2006, 09:15 AM   #195
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

"I'm here at last. I doubt I can stay long. Busy day, I've things to do." Said the ranger calmly. "You can account my vote for Macalaure as random for most of the part. I had no solid reason but if you exepect someone to come up with some profound, complex and amazingly stupifying theory on the first day, under such conditions... I'd suggest you wake up. Dreamers will not save us."

"Now Macalaure, from what you said it sounded like you have no reason to suspect me other than the fact that I voted for you. You then add on that what makes you suspect me is because I just did not like the tone of your voice." The Ranger paused. "I still dislike it." He added and then continued. "Mayhap you're just trying to intimidate me? Trying to make me look away from you by saying you suspect me because I voted for you?" Another pause as the Ranger took a look around.

"Lad, I do not know if you have something to hide or if you are just over-reacting. Regardless it makes me believe I'm on the right track with you." The ranger stopped speaking for a while and then said. "I believe I'll think over all you've said and done so far."
Old 09-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #196
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Valier sat quietly in her chair, dozing off as old people tend to do. She had her own thoughts but was too tired to express herself fully at the moment. "All these young people like to bicker..... I believe I will keep my eyes upon, Diamond, Kath and Mac. They seem to me to be acting strange....Kath grasping at straws, Diamond acting odd and eating bread and water, and that there Macalaure....his reactions to others has raised my suspicions.... I am so tired today....My old bones cannot take the stress of it all...I may be coming down with something....I shall rest today and be refreshed for tomorrow. My brain works more clearly after some good rest." Valier's head fell to the side and light snoring could be heard.

I vote..... ++Diamond18

I have my reasons, but they are hard to grasp unless you are me.... I believe her behavior is off....I will explain more tomorrow after my long nap.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:24 AM   #197
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
After having a good lunch of several courses, Volo walked to Diamond, patted her on the back and put some fresh water in a mug on the table before her. "You say I'm intelligent, thanks for that! No, I don't have any furry friends to help me, isn't that sad. I'm sure I'd live longer if I have a few of those... And good advise would be appreciated, but no, I have to think myself. That leaves less time to eat." He sat down beside Diamond. "Now my hobbit, would you be my furry friend?"

Volo's nice smile faded as he bolted up. "What is this? First Kath accuses people, who's reasons are seem good and now Diamond cleverly agrees! Isn't that exactly what you did?" he shouted. And added "Now somebody give me reason to trust those hobbits."

Volo walked quickly back to his table and drank a full pint.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #198
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath had gone over her summary from before.

"I'm sorry if I have confused anyone." She said. "I did not mean that all three would be wolves as that would, as has been said, be impossible. But many of my thoughts were based on the idea of those I am suspicious of working together. My suspicions lie on Boro, Nogrod and Lommy, but that is with, i.e Lommy and Boro both being wolves, or Nogrod and Lommy and so on.

Lommy's seeming surprise at being suspected when she believes she is in a 'position of trust' seems odd to me. I'm not sure what to make of Boro and Nogrod because their reactions are as I expected them to be."

Kath then sighed, resigned to the suspicion a second early vote would bring her.

"And so because I must again leave, and so few people have spoken, and I have more suspicion of only one of my suspects I must vote for:

++LOMMY"

And she left.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #199
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Naria
Old 09-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #200
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

"Well everyone, here's a rundown of how I feel about each one of you.' Boromir began. He continued 'Who I feel is innocent and will most likely not vote for them on this day, Nogrod, Mac, Lommy, Valier, and Gil-galad. Who I'm unsure and don't know about Volo, Sleepy Ranger, and Naria. Who I'm suspicious of and who I may vote for today, Kath, Diamond, or Valesse.

'The only new person I've brought up to the group of people I will likely not vote for today is Gil-galad. Gil's family history is filled with the play of not saying a lot, and not making a lot of sense. But, the little that I have heard from him today has made sense, and I don't think we should so easily disregard and ignore what he has said. To me, Gil doesn't say a lot, but that's not what's important, it's what they say and what they do. And so far Gil hasn't done anythng to raise suspicions from me.'

'At the beginning of the day I thought of Naria as more on the innocent side, but have grown just a tad bit wary for her quick jump on Kath's summary, and claiming there was no commentary in it (though she has taken that back). And to answer your inquiry Naria, it was a misreading upon my part.Kath said that in post 158 Nogrod had cleared Mac and myself, and I thought she was suggesting Nogrod, Mac, and I, along with Thinlomien were in league with Menel. In which case I later noticed that it seems Kath did not find Mac as a suspect and one of the one's in league with Menel. And that mainly she believed Nogrod, Lommy, and myself staged this fight with Menel.'

'With Sleepy and Volo I'm leaning a little more on the innocent side, but can't placea finger on them. Volo's done more today, which has cooled some of my uncertainty, but he doesn't have a lynched wolf under his belt yet. As far a Sleepy goes, I'm not somebody who goes after the quieter ones right from the start and I from what he has said, I find nothing overly wolfish about. I certainly hope when you aren't running around in the wild Sleepy that you would have some more time to share some insight with.'

'That means Diamond, Kath, and Valesse are the suspects I'm looking at. I guess I'll start with Kath. Though I did misunderstand part of her summary, and for that I apologize, I still find it wolfish. Perhaps it's just because I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, and still rather confused about her choreographing thought. I'll leave this question up for you Kath, to ask and think yourself. If I was a wolf, do you believe I would do something so bumbling as staging this act with a fellow wolf and purposefully get him lynched on Day 1? You have the access to my family records, some of my own have regrettably been cursed, but as you'll notice my family have never been one's to like whacked out conspiracy theories, nor the few accounts I have of wolf-members have they been one's to stage fights with fellow wolves on Day 1. Perhaps they attempt this later on in the game, but Day 1, no.'

'Valesse because of their interaction with Menel yesterday. Now yesterday, I'm afraid I didn't get too much out of Menel's posts, as he went after random people and didn't mention everyone. But just the interaction and words of Valesse about Menel gets me a little worried.
Quote:
Menel, on the other branch, is some what bold, a little hasty... though not entirely brash. I do not believe that dice are a means to catching werewolves, but seeing as she has not cast a vote, it could have only been a sick joke in order to get others talking." Frowning even more, Valesse narrowed her giant eyes "And if this was the case, I should hope that your sense of humor improves."
This is a note I have jogged down in my book and made a reference of. Usually wolves don't like to group themselves together, they like to stay seperate as much as possible. But, they like to nudge a little suspicion towards a fellow wolf, without overly committing, it's a way of trying to appear innocent, like 'hey see I suspected him/her and they were a wolf!'. That's what it's designed for. I'm reminded by my great-great-great-great Grandpa's play as a wolf with Lalaith's ancestor who was also a wolf. And he didn't want to get people to overly become suspicious of Lalaith, but would say some things like 'this play looks wierd by her, I'll watch after her, but not going to make too much out of it.' It was designed to be a safe move, and make himself look innocent, as he would be nudging suspicion towards a wolf. And that statement by Valesse reminds me of my 4 times great grandpa's play with wolf-partner Lalaith. It looks like Valesse was doing this same thing, like 'Menel seems a little awkward, but I don't want to make too much out of it.' Just seems like a wolfish play, as I had a wolf ancestor who did the same thing.'

'Finally, Diamond, I just find her actions all around, most specifically in post 186 to be worrying. She goes after Mac's reasonable deductions by just saying she's a rebel and no one tells her what to do. And she seems to be jumping on with others who have found Kath's summary as slightly suspicious.'