The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-15-2006, 03:49 PM   #321
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kath rushed in, unable to hear what had just passed due to the rushing in her ears from running all the way from home.

"Third time, I know." She panted. "I know Lommy can't be lynched toDay from the (extremely) quick skim that I have done though I would vote for her were it not pointless. It seems I must choose between Naria and Sleepy and right now my vote goes to

++NARIA

I have no reasoning other than a feeling. Sleepy I think has been rather deliberately secretive but he doesn't strike me as so wolvish. Anyway, apologies and I hope my feelings are right!"

She rushed back out again, cursing herself for continually voting in such a rush.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #322
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"I see, I see. But post 272 is as close to an innocent list as it gets. You can put together a dream list around it without any contradictions. Nogrod and I spotted Menel without help, so Boro didn't have to dream about him. Also, who would you dream of on a Day 1? Nogrod or Menel (no offense, Menel)?
I think Boro knew he would be lynched this night. I feared the same thing. He didn't declare seerdom because that would have steered the discussion the wrong way. None of his innocents were on the lynching menu anyway. So he gave his innocents, said he thinks them to be innocent though he knew, and hoped the best.

I hope the ranger does a wise decision tonight..."
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #323
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Naria had been prepared for what was going to happen. She knew that she was the one to be lynched. But instead of protesting and crying out for mercy, she allowed the villagers to tie her up.

"Well, that was easy!" Nogrod cried happily.

"So what do we do with her?" Kath said uneasily.

"Well, she's a warrior. What would be a punishment for disobeying an order?" Lommy asked quietly.

"Beheading," Sleepy said simply.

They all looked at each other uneasily, none of them wanting to do the job themselves.

"Okay, this is getting annoying!" Naria said imaptiently. "Will you kill me already? Only the ropes are chaffing my wrists."

"Ah shut up!!" Volo cried.

"Yeah, what you going to do about it, you mediocre Inn keeper!" sneered Naria.

"You didn't!"

"I believe I just did!"

"That's it!!" Volo cried and he lunged for Naria's sword. But he was too late. Naria was already dead, her head on the ground. "Uh, what happened?" he asked, utterly perplexed. He then looked up and saw Macalaure holding up Naria's bloody sword.

"I was getting annoyed by your bickering," he said simply. And the villagers walked away, disappointed that they had not found the Wolf and wondering what would happen that night.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Glirdan (mod) - Mauled to death on Night 1
Meneltarmacil (wolf) - Squished into a pancake on Day 1
JennyHallu (innocent) - Killed and her body stolen on Night 2
Diamond (innocent) - Hanged on Day 2
Valier (innocent) - Killed, ripped to pieces and hidden in her study on Night 3
Valesse (wolf) - Burned to a crisp on Day 3
Gil-Galad (innocent) - Killed himself in a pot on Day 4
Boromir (seer) - Killed, burried and eyes gouged out on Night 5
Naria (innocent) - Beheaded by her own sword on Day 5

Alive

Nogrod
Sleepy Ranger
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-16-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:51 PM   #324
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The villagers awoke that morning, sure that they were going to find another bloody body that the Wolves had killed the Night before.

That's why, when they gathered, they were utterly perplexed that there were still six of them left.

They counted and re-counted to check.

"So, the Ranger succeded? AGAIN!?" Sleepy cried in shock.

"Seems so!" Kath shouted happily.

And the villagers went off for further discussion, one of them covered in scratches, yet quite pleased with last Night's protection, and one in a furious rage at last Night's failure.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Alive

Nogrod
Sleepy Ranger
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath
Old 09-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #325
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kath popped her head in early again, aware that this might be the only chance she had to speak toDay.

"If I might offer my opinion, I suggest we look very long and hard at Lommy toDay. Boro himself said that if Naria turned out to be innocent it was likely that Lommy was not. You've got my analysis of Lommy from a couple of Days back and if I have a chance I will do a more up to date one but I may not be able to get back here again before the end of the Day. Because of this I am going to vote now.

++LOMMY

If further analysis shows her to be more innocent looking than, say, Sleepy, then my apologies for possibly screwing up a lynch. However, I would rather vote than not, and she is my top suspect at the moment. I hope to be back later, but if I am not then good luck for getting our final wolf toDay!"

In a manner that had become a habit, Kath left again, hoping she'd be back, but thinking it unlikely.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:10 AM   #326
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"Three cheers for the Ranger!

Cheer! Cheer! Cheer!

Kath, where did Boro say that if Naria turned out to be innocent it is likely that Lommy was not? I think you refer to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Thinks either Lommy or Naria is suspicious, the guilt of one depending on the innocence of the other.
in your Boro-analysis. But that came from:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
The whole I'm suspicious of Thinlo, but if she's innocent I think Naria looks suspicious, just seems all too awkward.
There he quotes the reasons that Menel gave. It's absolutely not his own suspicion - on the contrary. It's not even saying 'if Naria's innocent Lommy is not', but 'if Lommy's innocent Naria's not'. Are you twisting Boro's words? Even if it was just a fault, it is not a good reason for a vote, though I agree that good reasons for votes are rare at the moment.
Regardless I agree with you that Lommy is worth a closer look, but this kind of reason makes me suspicious on you again.

In retrospect, Sleepy's vote for Naria yesterday is a little suspicious. Since all remaining four would have had to agree on one other suspect, it basically sealed her fate."
Old 09-17-2006, 06:46 AM   #327
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
"While Nogrod and Lommy are still away, let's see what Lommy has been doing.

1. She hasn't voted a wolf out.
2. She cast the first killing votes against Gil and Naria.
3. Her talk is full of mysteries, she has changed her opinion many times.

I gave up trying to make a summary of some kind, about Lommy."

Volo sat down on a table and poured himself the best wine he had in store. "Better drink this before I die."

"But I think a well talking wolf has more reason to survive than a not so well talking wolf, Lommy might be a wolf... But Sleepy here, he hasn't been talking so much... To this point, the quiet people have turned innocent... Still, I'll vote Sleepy today if nothing really unexpected happens. We'll have time to vote Lommy out tomorrow... It's rather sad that those werewolves kill us innocents without any reason at night and then talk to us like friends during the day. Why can't we stay friends even at night?

Kath can also be a wolf, she hasn't voted out a wolf, well, she has voted against Valesse once, but it was sure that Valesse wouldn't be lynched that day.

Nogrod and Mac are innocent, I'll believe Boromir."

Volo sad down beside Mac and poured him wine, "For friendship!"
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:53 AM   #328
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Well, well, Miss Hobbit, hasty are you?" Thinlómien asked, entering the inn remarkably late. "What a silent bunch of people you are!"

Thinlómien sat down and ordered an apple juice and a beer from Wilwa.

"Do I even have to say that I'm pretty confident that Sleepy is the remaining wolf? He has done nothing to make himself seem more innocent from yesterday, when he was my secondary suspect. Now, when my ex-primary suspect is dead, Sleepy is logically 'promoted' to top place in my suspicion list."

Thinlómien made a little pause. "I would like to repeat", she said mysteriously, "that I have a feeling that our remaining wolf is a he."

"If this he is Mac, Volo or Noggie, I congratulate the village for abusing Boromir's last words."

"If this he's not a he but a she, then I must congratulate Kath because she has been quite innocent-like these last few days (though her vote today was quite odd)."

"If and probably this he is however Sleepy and there must happen something quite radical before I vote anyone else."

The elf sucked her hair. "I can't linger for a long time", she told her fellow villagers. Before falling deeper into the thought, she added: "Master Volo, you say I have been casting the first killing votes for both Gil and Naria. Why I was first is simply because I can't hang out in the inn for a long time since I have horses to look after."
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:16 AM   #329
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Sleepy

"If someone else is a wolf s/he is a cunning one."

Thinlómien left then inn.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #330
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath popped her head round the door, pleasantly suurprised to have been able to get back.

"Umm." She began, having noticed the very small amount of speaking that had been going on. "Sorry about that Mac, I was going by memory but apparently it was faulty. Also, I am sorry that I voted Lommy toDay, because looking back over what she said I absolutely agree that the last wolf is a male. That leaves us with Nogrod, Sleepy, Mac and Volo. If we're using Boro's innocent list that leaves us with Sleepy.

Now this really is the last time I'll be in here so goodnight to you, and let's hope we need not live in fear through another Night!"

Kath popped out again, hoping she hadn't just been taken in by a very cunning wolf.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:38 AM   #331
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
"Great Rangering! Ab fab, man!" Nogrod yelled as he stumbled in to the bar, tired but happy from his adventures. He ordered two pints and drank the first one with just two draughts. Then he looked around to find only a few of the villagers present.

"So, it's narrowing down quite drastically. The nastiest scenario will give us just two votes to make it right! That is toDay and toMorrow. If we don't get the wolf toDay, toMorrow morning there will be four alive, probably two known innocents and two unknowns. If they don't manage to pick the wolf in the end of the day, the night will seal the wolf's victory. But the Ranger has shown some real spirit and her/his job gets easier every Day. I trust you can make the difference!

The positive thing I see in this scenario is that even if we fail toDay, then reasonably thinking there will be a choice from two toMorrow. So 50-50. And if the ranger succeeds the next Night, we will have one more Day to check the final candidate and win."

Nogrod took a sip from his pint and sat into the large armchair beside the fireplace. "I'll try to be useful as long as I'm still around here. I'll try to take a look at both Lommy and Sleepy."

EDIT: X-talked with Kath
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #332
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

"I have nothing to say in my defence other than I am not the one you seek.

++Thinlomien

Since I do not believe Kath is a wolf. Now I'm afraid I must leave. There are matters I must attend to." And with that Sleepy Ranger left.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #333
Volo

"I won't do this with completely good intencions, but

++Sleepy Ranger,

I'm sorry we can't live together."

Volo sat down and opened the next bottle. He poured everybody, even Sleepy some wine.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #334
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
These ladies here make me open my mouth before any good analysis. Now what is this sexist gerrymandering going on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
"I would like to repeat", she said mysteriously, "that I have a feeling that our remaining wolf is a he."
As I heard Lommy mentioning this first, I thought that wow, she's the wolf. And now we have her. I mean, look at the bolded parts on her diction. What does it look like? It looks like someone is toying with the possibility of Glirdy's promised tricksies which we haven't seen so far. A wolf might like to try that one approach. Trying to get others to believe that you have some "mysterious" information or a mystery role so you shouldn't be lynched as you are a goody with information, not a baddie with hidden fangs trying to rescue yourself...

Nogrod leaned back on his chair and picked his pipe. Slowly he started filling it with regular tobacco this time. He didn't want to offend Wilva anymore with his other stuff.

"Maybe we should check these ladies and lynch Sleepy, but as I said earlier: we probably have only two votes to win this and so if this is a distraction, it will cost us dearly. And Kath, your last visit was quite lupine, dare I say it... I'll try to look at you too before we go lynching anyone and start waiting the visit from the killer in the night."

EDIT: X'd with Volo
Old 09-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #335
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure gratefully took the wine Volo poured him. "For friendship, Volo!" he answered to him, taking the chance to inconspicuously look for unnatural fur on him.

He then turned to the others.

"Is it just me, or does the 'he'-theory make z-e-r-o sense? As long as it was a hunch of Lommy, it was nothing but a reason to roll your eyes, but now?

Kath, what in Arda made you absolutely agree with this?

By the way, Lommy, isn't it a little early to congratulate the wolf? No matter how today will go, we have another day left to look for him/her."

edit: cross-spoke with many
Old 09-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #336
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Maca my man, it's down to us now. Lommy has two and so has Sleepy. I'll try to see if I can make any sense from their talkin' before the moment. D'ya have any ideas?"

Nogrod looked at Macalaure and then closed his eyes to recall the earlier discussion where Lommy and Sleepy had been...

EDIT: X'd with Maca
Old 09-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #337
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"Ideas? Me? oh dear....

Kath stroke me incredibly wolfish today, but she is off the board.

I have no idea of Sleepy anymore. If he's a wolf, his tactic is "if you say nothing, then you say nothing suspicious"

Lommy I can say nothing of.

I'd suggest to go for Sleepy. Kath and Lommy are a 'little' more talkative than he. If one of the two is a wolf, we have a chance to detect her tomorrow from what she says. We have a good chance to be smarter of them if given another day. I doubt that we will be any smarter about Sleepy tomorrow."
Old 09-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #338
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"I agree with you that Kath's performance toDay, I mean her last speech, was really baffling. But she's out of the limits toDay as both Lommy and Sleepy already have two votes. I hope she will have some explanations for her actions toMorrow."

Nogrod went for another pint and sat back to the armchair.

"Okay, we will decide this then. Not a happy situation, I and I say."

Nogrod went on to have a couple of sips, puffing his still lit pipe thoughtfully.

"I've tried to recall the things that have been discussed here from the beginning. It's somewhat frustrating. When you look at someone with an evil-eye, man... you know whaddye mean? Look at someone with Morgothian eyes and you see malice everywhere. But we will have to choose from two now.

You say we go for Sleepy. That sounds reasonable. These ladies have come out from somewhere to outspeak their "hunches" that the wolf is a male. Okay, the only unknown male is Sleepy and we do not know, whether there is something like an oddsy trick by Glirdy here bubbling under. Maybe they know it? Lynching Sleepy would prove it. But are they just making fun, at this hour? Or just trying to shield any suspicion on them by making the wolvery gender-relative - and wishing we would fall for it? Kath using Lommy as her excuse here? Lommy has a hunch and Kath sides her to make it a believable case when two already "know" the wolf is male?

Kath's sudden turn-around really confuses me: in the morning all for Lommy and in the evening for Sleepy because of his gender? If there would be something like Glirdy-based weirdness (him giving a piece of information to innocents / giving people new roles), it should probably happen at Night, not in the middle of the Day. At least it would sound more probable that way...

But yes, Sleepy looks pretty bad. If he's a wolf, he has done just those things a succesful wolf might think of doing. Being shady, not saying anything of substance, laying low, being mysterious and voting safe everyDay with carefully distancing himself from his votes. This last I hold as carrying the most blame.

So

++ Sleepy

For the reasons above.

If we are not getting things right now brother, I'm afraid we two are not going to meet toMorrow. Only the Ranger and the wolf know which one of us the wolf was after last Night; it might have been Volo too, but I doubt it as the wolf probably has more reasons to silence one of us. But tonite, it will come to knock the door of mine or yours again and there will be no guardian angel any more. So I and I just wish to say, that it was a pleasure to have met you, Easterling. You speak wisely."

Nogrod raised his pint to toast with Maca. He smiled melancholically to him and took a long draught from his ale, emptying the glass. He left the pint on the table next to the chair and took the first steps out from the door.

"If it's you who wakes to the new Day, please require an explanation from Kath, I really have bad feelings about her last actions."

With that he went to his own house and locked the door.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:37 PM   #339
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"Sleepy Ranger it is then. Let us hope that he is not also the very awake real Ranger.

++Sleepy Ranger"

Macalaure lifted his glass as Nogrod left.

"Indeed it has been a honour to know you, Man of Harad. But shall you remain to see the next dawn, then do not forget to look at Thinlómien also."
Old 09-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #340
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The villager's gathered once more, ready to be rid of one of their own. The villagers cast their votes. Sleepy was the one chosen to be lynched that Day.

Sleepy Ranger looked at all who stood before him. He was smiling despite being the one who would face death. It did not bother him, he had lived through a lot and death... it was strangely welcome. He felt no fear, no resentment.

In the short time spent amongst these people he had come to learn the value and meaning of friendship. He found peace in the fact that he was sacrificing himself for these new found friends. He felt no biterness towards them after all he too had turned his back on many people for his survival.

"Ere you lay me to rest I have something to say." He paused and looked at them with a warm smile. "Thank you! Thank you all for teaching me something I should have learnt a long time ago. It is fine though, I shall die in peace now. I wish you luck in your hunt for the final terror. May you find them and be merciless in laying justice upon them. I wish you luck. Mayhap this dead man's prayer will give you the strength you need."

The villagers gathered around him, wondering how they should kill this warrior.

"Well, we can't chop his head off. We - I mean I - did that to Naria already," Macalaure stated.

"Well, we can hang him the old fashioned way," Norgrod suggested.

"You mean by building an actual gallows?" Lommy questioned.

"Yeah, why not!" Kath said excitedly.

A few hours later, the villagers had erected a very unsteady gallow. "Hmm, not the best carpentry, but it'll do," Nogrod said completely satisfied. The villagers grabbed Sleepy and put his head through the noose. Lommy grabbed the lever and pulled. The trapdoor opened and Sleepy fell. But nothing happened.

"Okay, that didn't work out as we planned," Macalaure said bluntly. Just then, a loud crack rent the air and the whole structure fell on top of Sleepy. The villagers walked away in despair, hoping for a brighter morning.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Sleepy Ranger (innocent) - Buried under poorly erected gallows on Day 6

Alive

Nogrod
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath

Night 7 (holy cow!!) has started. Still need a name from the Ranger and the Wolf. And I would like to thank Sleepy for helping me out with his death (his thoughts are the part he wrote up).

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-17-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #341
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Macalaure had just been loading up his wain to depart the next morning. "I'm fed up with what's going on!" he snarled into the night. "All of this nonsense about having to find the Wolves. That Glirdan character didn't even explain where this is!!"

Just then, he heard a low, deep growl...right behind him.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The villagers gathered the next morning. They counted themselves and weren't surprised to find that once more, one of them was missing. It was Macalaure

They walked towards his house. They looked inside and saw nothing. They then decided to go around the back. There, a surprise met them.

"This looks like all of Maca's special belongings," Volo said slowly, looking at the wain.

"That must mean he was planning on leaving today!" Kath cried.

The villagers advanced on the wain. As the got nearer, a ghastly smell wafted up from the wain. Nogrod advanced and cried out in horror.

There, in the middle of the wain, was Macalaure's body, or, what was left of his body anyway. For the ghastly beast had ripped the flesh and meat off and left all of his inner organs sitting inside it's skeleton.

The villagers ran away from the gruesome site, knowing that they only had one more chance to find the fiend.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Sleepy Ranger
(innocent) - Buried under poorly erected gallows on Day 6
Macalaure (innocent) - Flesh and meat ripped off and organs left sitting in the skeleton on Night 7

Alive

Nogrod
Lommy
Volo
Kath

You may start posting. I will extend tomorrow's deadline until this time tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #342
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath arrived, mentally slapping herself for having been so taken in.

"Alright." She said, deciding to get this out of the way now before she was asked. "This is why I thought the wolf was a male yesterDay:

Quote:
Everyone, that is except one, who scowled inside and put up a pretense of joy. His attack had failed.
These are the words of our esteemed mod. Now, if this can be taken as truth then either Volo or Nogrod is the final wolf, but if not then, to me, it's Lommy. As of this second I have no idea. Hopefully I will have enough time through the Day to look at all three and make a decision. This is awful you know. We got two wolves and now we're completely stuck. Well, I'll be back later, though obviously I'm no help at all right now."

Rolling her eyes Kath wandered off again.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #343
Volo

"Now today, don't be hasty! Nogrod was trusted by Boromir, I'm rather sure our seer had a dream of Nogrod. It would be rather sad, for everybody else, if Nogrod turns out to be a wolf...

On the other hand, It's strange that we, Nogrod, Lommy and me, are still alive of all people. That puts some suspicion on Nogrod and Lommy, but as I decided that Nogrod is innocent, Lommy is the main suspect.

Or then Kath has used the strange ties, that bind us for her own wicked end (or without nowing brought me to this thoughts).

Anyway, what I'm saying is that the wolf is a she. Today we have to be really carefull. And I'm rather sure Nogrod will agree with me. That's two votes, enough to lynch one of you. The main thing: don't be too quick to decide!"
Old 09-18-2006, 11:16 PM   #344
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Alas! This is getting nastily much more complicated..." Nogrod said as he took his early morning pint and leaned over the desk.

"I have been a firm believer on Boro's list so far, and somehow am still. But for the right decisions to be made toDay, we have to open that up too. I must've been too much in my stuff that morning to not notice it.

So brother and sisters, either we believe the list and vote for a female or then we trust Glirdy to have made a slip and vote a male.

Okay. Glirdy might make a slip. It'd be rather bad modding but possible. At least there seems to be an error in this morning's declaration. It's said that we know we only have one more chance to find the fiend, although that's not the case. If we don't kill the ranger toDay, s/he might still save us one more time. So Glirdy might slip or just make a mistake. As a non-native speaker it's hard for me to judge how easily that kind of mistakes occur with nativespeakers.

But there is a further problem here too. If he actually slipped, then Volo is a wolf. And very unthoughtful one too. I mean: if there was any reason for the wolf to believe there were information or hunches around that the wolf is a male, why did he go after Sleepy? Lynching someone else yesterDay would have probably secured Sleepy-lynch toDay and his success! As you surely wish to speculate about my wolvishness too, consider this: A Noggie-wolf would have made a case against Lommy last night and made sure to vote early enough before Maca so as to nail her down. He would have had all the time and resources for that.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but as I see it, either Volo is a wolf who just didn't see that there was a relatively secure, or at least more reasonable way for him open yesterDay. When he voted Lommy was leading by two votes to one and he tied the situation instead of going for Lommy. Or then, if Volo is an innocent, then Glirdy didn't slip but only made a mistake.

I have argued for Boro's list already earlier and won't go into detail with it anymore. But as it looks credible enough, it's pretty hard for me to let go of it. Surely it would help if someone else would show where it goes wrong or present a more credible explanation to both it's status as a list and to the dreams of Boro. I'm surely more keen on tracking the wolf than believing in a list just for the list's sake. But if it wasn't a list of actual innocents but just his hunches, then Boro has been basically misleading us as our Seer which is kind of hard for me to believe. As Maca said (#322): "#272 is as close to an innocent list as it gets".

Nogrod felt a bit dizzy and decided to help himself yet another pint. Then he sat down with his pipe to think.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:19 PM   #345
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
The main thing: don't be too quick to decide!"
"Right, man! The first vote for an innocent might trigger the wolf to make an immediate second vote and thence secure the death of the innocent. I have been in this kind of situation earlier. Would that happen, we will have to cross our fingers and hope for our ranger to save us, for then, toMorrow we have good chances of spotting the wolf based on toDay's votes..."
Old 09-18-2006, 11:28 PM   #346
Volo

"Now, sorry Nogrod, but your talk is against you. This might even mean you are wolf, as strange as it is... But I agree, somebody, or better two somebodys, might want to make a summary of all our actions...

I also doubt that the ranger will live until tomorrow, at this point the wolf will know who to kill. I think it's today or the wolf wins.

Glirdy sure made a mistake when he said that... The problem is, that now it can't be corrected."
Old 09-19-2006, 02:15 AM   #347
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
"This is why I thought the wolf was a male yesterDay:
Quote:
Everyone, that is except one, who scowled inside and put up a pretense of joy. His attack had failed.
"That was my reason too. And the mysterious thing was because I didn't want to say it aloud for the sake of the game (OOC = it would not have been RPGing), but hoped someone would catch my meaning." Thinlómien sighed. "Either Glirdy said he because he is less definitive than she (meaning that about an unkwown you might use he but not she) or because the last wolf is a he. I wouldn't really rule out the latter option, because I have read of a village where Glirdy's ancestor was the god and he said 'night begins now, the last wolf may send me his pick' and since there was only one (or maybe two) male persons in the village, the village managed to nail the last wolf (who, surprise, surprise, was a male) when he was already suspected by some."

"After Sleepy was proven innocent, I was pretty confident Kath must be the last wolf." Thinlómien sighed again and ordered an apple juice. And a beer. "Now I honestly have no clue."

"Kath has done suspicious things and unsuspicious things. She doesn't scream wolf, but at the moment she seems most probably to be the wolf in the bunch."

The elf fixed her eyes on the weed-dealer. "Or then, we have our wolf here. The fact that Boromir trusted him from the beginning (and his - Nogrod's, I mean - family having a certain reputation it would be quite probable) like he would have dreamt of him on the first night. The only thing that troubles me is that why isn't he dead yet? Surely the wolf/wolves would have wanted to kill somebody that has been trusted by almost everyone from the beginning? Someone that has contributed to lynching wolves? Someone that the seer said he believed innocent? Someone who contributes a lot and makes good points ie makes a fromidable enemy for them?" Thinlómien sucked her hair. "That is the only reason I'm not ready to wholly trust Boromir's list and Nogrod's innocence."

"I have constantly let Volo slip under my radar, because there has been no reason for me to suspect him. I should maybe bring back to my mind all he has said - and all that you two others have said too."

"I can't promise not to vote hours before deadline. As you all know, my horses take most of my time*."

---
*OOC: don't have a net access home
Old 09-19-2006, 05:38 AM   #348
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
The only thing that troubles me is that why isn't he dead yet? Surely the wolf/wolves would have wanted to kill somebody that has been trusted by almost everyone from the beginning? Someone that has contributed to lynching wolves? Someone that the seer said he believed innocent? Someone who contributes a lot and makes good points ie makes a fromidable enemy for them?"
"I guess I might have an answer to that. You may bet I have thought of the same for a couple of Nights too.

But I can see a logical chain of events here. After Valesse's death the wolf was left alone and probably had two persons which it wanted out of the game asap. (myself and Boro) I voiced my suspicion of this already then. Which one would it try? Well, it chose Boro, one could say he looked more Seerish, was denied the kill the first Night and completed it on the next (no sense in trying someone else the next Night if one may have the first with certainty). But then it faced the problem of who to kill again as also Macalaure was making well-thought points and was a known innocent. The one denial must have made it a bit unsure about whom the ranger would protect. I intentionally tried to make it more uncertain and more frustrated by making my Ranger-comment back then. Then I could see it as quite a logical choice, that it went after Maca as the ranger had protected Boro the last time there was a real choice and I might be protected this time: it might be seen as a bit safer kill for it. But the ranger was wittier than it was. Let the ranger be praised for that!

If the wolf would not have missed twice, I wouldn't probably be around any more."

Nogrod puffed the pipe he had lit after a small nap and thought of trying to wake up with the help of yet another ale.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:58 AM   #349
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

But he thought better of it. No ale now man, thinking is better...

"I am about to put my trust on the list still and there's one thing that I would wish to underline about it before I start my thinking.

Look at Maca and Boro. I'd say there is a clear change in the way Boro treats Maca from Day2 onwards. If that doesn't look like a dream, then what would look like it? So why is Maca on the list together with both myself and Volo, if we - or another one of us - weren't dreamt of too? Why should Boro make that kind of thing, leading us astray with piling known innocent(s) with unknown(s) in that way, separated from the rest?

Adding to that all the sense the list makes with regards to other dreams and their places in the course of Days and how Boro worked (very openly towards Valesse and to us three), I'd say we have pretty good case for the list. But as it is the survival of all us villagers at stake, I beg you to voice any further doubts about it. If you find problems from it, I'm ready to consider changing my mind about it. But before any such cases are found, I'm going to stick with it as I think I can believe in it."

With that Nogrod fell deep into his thoughts.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:17 AM   #350
Volo

"I am suprised that I'm still alive. Either one of you three is really nice to the person with no family history or else I don't know... It seems that people not possessing great threat have been killed away pretty rapidly in the beginning. I don't think of myself as a big threat to the wolves. Kath I suspected more at the two first days. Nogrod I haven't really suspected during the whole nightmare. Lommy I have suspected more, but haven't went against her openly...

Today I have no idea who to vote, the wolf sure is cunning... I don't feel like I can be of great help, just I can't really see Nogrod as a wolf, he did kill two wolves, without his vote they wouldn't have died, would they.

From me the vote will be for one of you ladies..."

Volo walked away into the kitchen and after about an hour returned with a grand meal. He put the food down and went to collect the other courses. He laid the best table for four and said "Friends! I can't think of you as wolves, you seem decent people and I would give anything if I could have met you in a different way. I hope I'm lying: This is our last supper, may we eat it together in to honor of our lost friends, who we have killed." Volo poured four glasses of old white wine he brought from the secret cellar, it was indeed a great collection, he wondered again what this place was and how could wine even a king would envy had got into his shaking hands. "Don't worry, I haven't poisoned anything, while being truthful, the thought went through my head. But no, let's die enjoing ourselves!"

EDIT: cross-posted with Nogrod

Last edited by Volo; 09-19-2006 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Cross-posted with Nogrod
Old 09-19-2006, 07:45 AM   #351
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"I am quite confident that Volo's innocent. He acts innocently and Boromir believed him innocent."

Thinlómien sucked her hair. "When I reacalled all the village events, I found out it is really possible that Nogrod is the last wolf. In that case, master weed-dealer, you're absolutely hilarious. Anyway, take a closer look on Boro's list", Thinlómien urged and threw a copy of the start of Boromir's speech on the table. "I underlined some passages. (Bolded one, too.) Have a good look at them."
Quote:
'As far as today goes, here's who I feel good and safe about:

Macalaure
Nogrod
Volo

'I've wondered what's been the suspicion brewing around Mac has been about. I catch no evil wolf intent. He did strongly stir suspicions against Menel, he started the voting of Menel, he's been just as helpful as anyone. I really don't understand Sleepy's reasoning, or anyone else's as far as why Mac is a wolf. To me there are several more noticeable wolf probabilities.'

'If Nogrod's a wolf, he would be the greatest back-stabbing, yet brilliant wolf to have ever been cursed. That's the end of that.'

'Volo, started voting with Valesse yesterday (and I believe he was really the first one that started suspecting her), I said he seemed innocent to me, now he's got a wolf lynch under his belt. Much like Mac, I catch no evil intent.'
"Now, look at the bolded sentence. Look at the sentence about Mac earlier. Now, wouldn't this greatly suggest that he knew of their innocence? 'I catch no evil intent' being synonymous to 'I dreamed of him, he's not a wolf'? Against this background, isn't the 'that's the end of that' screaming that 'I did not dream of him, I trust him based on other things'?" Thinlómien fell to her chair. "This does not suggest that Nogrod is a wolf, but that we shouldn't discount him. My lorebooks tell me he is cunning, and bold." The elf sucked her hair again. "Besides, doesn't the death of Macalaure fit into Nogrod's wolvishness? Having bluffed so much and being trusted by nearly the whole village, wolf-Nogrod only needed that more sheep-like and guidable innocents would be around, and no one (except Naria who hadn't good reasoning behind her suspicion) would even question his innocence that was claimed by Boromir's list? No offense to you, Volo and Kath, or to Sleepy either, but a wolf-Noggie would certainly have seen Macalaure posing the biggest threat for him."

"The third point that I have against Nogrod is that he - especially at the beginning of the game - speaks mostly of general ideas 'x did this and y did that, that could make y a wolf' than of opinions 'x did this and that makes him a wolf in my opinion'. Now, I don't say that it's a bad thing. It's good to be objective and analytical. But surely to a wolf trying to think like an innocent it is easier to speculate who could be wolf based on their actions than give an actual opinion? I migth be blabbering nonsense here, though, saying what just comes to my mind without thinking about it too much." The stablehand maiden sighed.

"Besides, Noogles, your defense doesn't convince me. You said:
Quote:
I intentionally tried to make it more uncertain and more frustrated by making my Ranger-comment back then. Then I could see it as quite a logical choice, that it went after Maca as the ranger had protected Boro the last time there was a real choice and I might be protected this time: it might be seen as a bit safer kill for it. But the ranger was wittier than it was. Let the ranger be praised for that!
Either I do not get your point or you're being really wolvish here. Wouldn't a wolf want to sway the ranger to waste his/her defense on himself? Wouldn't you, as a wolf, want to sway the ranger to protect yourself and leave Maca unguarded?"

"The more I think of this, the more I'm worried about Nogrod."

Thinlómien glanced at Kath. "I recalled all your words, but it didn't make me any wiser about you. However, in your defense, why would our ModGod use a masculine pronoun about a known female. It does not make sense."

"My vote - which comes soon- will probably go to Noggie."
Old 09-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #352
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
"Besides, Noogles, your defense doesn't convince me. You said: Either I do not get your point or you're being really wolvish here. Wouldn't a wolf want to sway the ranger to waste his/her defense on himself? Wouldn't you, as a wolf, want to sway the ranger to protect yourself and leave Maca unguarded?"
"I haven't seen anything else but this caught my eye... Are you sure you actually understood what I said? Let's not make a mistake here... I mena every vote counts now, heavily (the wolf may use the vote immediately! Wait a second..."
Old 09-19-2006, 08:06 AM   #353
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"Please, Nogrod, explain what you meant, then, if I was wrong."
Old 09-19-2006, 08:11 AM   #354
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"First: Boro's explanations for the guiltlessness of the three. He couldn't actually write that he knows it now could he? He still had a chance to remain alive if I was the one killed that night. So he had to say something, anything to look even a bit convincing - which "I catch no evil intent" isn't either. But why were all three put in separate lines, and myself in the middle? If there was a reason to point out that I was different from others, wouldn't he have handled myself differently? Sorry. You accuse Boro of outward carelessness and threat our village with a failure. Remember, one vote for an innocent and it's very probabvle downfall of the village as the wolf secures the kill by giving the second vote first!"
Old 09-19-2006, 08:23 AM   #355
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"Sorry, Nogrod, rage in peace but you fail to convince me. I can't explain Boro's words for him." Thinlómien took a long breath and shut her eyes.
"May the Valar guide my mind and be merciful... I vote

++Nogrod

I really must go now."

She cast a quick glance at the weed-dealer. "I pray I'm right this time."

Then she turned to Volo and Kath, those who she presumed to be her last remaining fellow innocents, or victims. "All I can say is that now, I'm pretty confident of Nogrod's guilt. Recall my points about him and ponder them. Recall his own words thorughout the history of the village. And remember that his family's nature is both bold and cunning. Volo, please remember Kath's a she and recall her words. Kath, please trust Boromir's 'I catch no evil intent' -comment on Volo."

"Thirdly, please do not let Nogrod or yourselves to sway you to vote me. I am innocent. Recall all I have said if that helps. Trust me. If you kill me today, or any other innocent, the village is lost, unless both the wolf and the ranger (if s/he's till alive) pick the remaining ordo next night. Choose well."

Saying her last words, Thinlómien fled the inn dreading what would happen to them all.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:25 AM   #356
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Second: Maca's death might suit to a "wolf-Noggie", but either one's death (Maca or myself) would suit the actual wolf and I think there are reasons why the wolf might have thought that Maca was less probably guarded that night.

Third: I might refer to yourself "babbling" here a bit. Sorry, in a hurry to reach the last point. I'll be back if needed...

Fourth:
Quote:
Wouldn't a wolf want to sway the ranger to waste his/her defense on himself? Wouldn't you, as a wolf, want to sway the ranger to protect yourself and leave Maca unguarded?
I just don't see the point here. After either myself or Boro had been tried to kill, I thought of reminding the Ranger that the next Night's guarding probably is in vain as the wolf will visit the same one another time and kill him. So s/he should think most of who to guard not the next Night (no matter who as the last Night's victim will be dead anyhow) but the next after that. I was not sure whether fex. a ranger-Volo would have realised it because I had no memory of that rule being stated in this game although it's quite common (meaning no double rangering on the same person).

As a human innocent who felt that either I myself or Boro was under attack heavily, I thought it wise to make that note (it might have been myself dead and then the ranger might have protected Boro the next Night). I know that many of the players were familiar with the rule and were perfectly capable of getting the idea themselves, but there were at least one who - being the ranger - mightn't have known it...

X-talked with Lommy
Old 09-19-2006, 08:34 AM   #357
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Well, I knew she would have to go and tried to be as fast as I could... but my last was late. No can do." Nogrod leaned heavily to the desk he had come to and emptied his pint.

"This is not looking good, not at all. The wolf may now jump on Lommy's vote and then it starts to be bye-bye for the village. We were so close..."

With that he took another pint.

"But three votes left. I'll try to see if I have time to look at the things."
Old 09-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #358
Volo

"Well, this does have sense, yes. I'm rather curious about Nogrod mentioning the seer and ranger a few times... Post #289 is really strange to me. This part the most:

Quote:
I mean: If the one killed toNight is not the seer, and the wolf is still at loss, that is most important...
Now, friend Nogrod (whom I still can't see as a wolf, why would a wolf kill his both friends? Well, if he's been smoking strong stuff maybe, but...), this definitely looks like you knew who was attacked. What are you trying to say by bolding out the suspicious words like that? You did explain it somehow in post #348 and in #344 you explained why it would be a bad idea to vote Sleepy being a wolf. But I don't see how you are saying about being innocent yourself here...

Kath could just as well be a wolf, while you two are accusing each other, she is quiet. She is a well known late-morning person, but try not to vote yet. She is rather mysterious, but until now all the mysterious people have turned out innocent...

The ghost of Glirdan sure made a mistake there, no denying, the mistake not being what he said, but being that he said. I have a strong feeling that the wolf's name starts with a T. Nagrod, make points on Lommy or Kath for a change...

Now, I think I'll listen what Kath has to say.

(Cross-posted with everything after #351.)
Old 09-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #359
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"I was meaning to shift there...

But as you ask. The bolding, that was the important part because if the wolf would have gotten a non-seer, that would be of utmost importance to be able to cover the Seer the Night after...

Quote:
in #344 you explained why it would be a bad idea to vote Sleepy being a wolf. But I don't see how you are saying about being innocent yourself here...
That is basically what we can never do here... or we all can say, but no one will listen anyone only saying it

-----------------------
Just a first point about Lommy. Her fervent attack looks a bit weird. Add to it her systematic denial of actually pretty good arguments. It looks like she would wish to get her mind whatever the situation. Now who needs to do that toDay? She even goes so far as to voice the following:
Quote:
Volo, please remember Kath's a she and recall her words. Kath, please trust Boromir's 'I catch no evil intent' -comment on Volo."

"Thirdly, please do not let Nogrod or yourselves to sway you to vote me. I am innocent. Recall all I have said if that helps. Trust me.
This I must say I suspect strongly. When there are only four people left, a smart wolf would like to be friends with everyone, looking very well-tuned and lovely indeed (it sounds like a wise and caring mom or a Jesus attending those near her, only hoping for their best - in a game of werewolf in this situation!) and not wish to cast suspicion around to find the actual wolf looking from everywhere. So a good tactical pull off? "We are nice aren't we all, that Noggie goes on opening nasty doors and tries to look around?" That might be called the "Feel good"-factor. When you have been trusted, you tend to trust the one. Now she wants to get away herself nicely? I know she has timetable issues. Well what to do if you are a wolf on her position? Try to make as convincing case you can and cross your fingers for the best outcome...
Old 09-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #360
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath arrived, tired and confused, and caught Volo's comment.

"I'm sorry." She began. "But Kath has nothing of any help to say. I suspect all three of you because I don't know which one of you is the wolf! If that he in the narration was a slip on Glirdan's part (which has been seen before, one of my ancestors was involved in that particular village) then either Noggie or Volo must be the wolf. Lommy has looked wolvish to me often over the past few Days, but given the history I'm not sure I can ignore this."

She sighed, completely at a loss.

"I said I would analyses and I may yet, though they will be short if there at all as I'm not feeling all that great. The feud between Lommy and Nogrod is confusing things even more, and makes me inclined to vote Volo just to avoid it. But that is no reason to vote for someone. We cannot risk killing our Ranger. If an ordo died we might just be able to scrape back victory but we would be hard pressed to else.

Well, that was helpful wasn't it?" She rolled her eyes and decided to settle down to something more productive.

"I am going to attempt to do some kind of analysis. I'll be back with whatever I come up with."

She wandered over to a corner table and sat down to think things through.