The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #41
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
I might go against my own plan, though, and vote for Folwren today. She has back-flipped already, saying that she's not "that much" against my plan anymore... coincidentally, as my plan gained some support from the most unexpected source (Holby).
The Countess' lip curls in a mocking smile

So! You would prefer to argue to no avail? Is it not an argument’s or lecture’s purpose to change other people’s minds? I do not agree that we should lynch the quiet ones each day. I meant that your idea of perhaps lynching a quiet one on this Day only and going with more strategical proceedings on following days was not so bad.

But if you choose to think of me as guilty because you managed to half way convince me, so be it.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #42
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Cross posted with this, and I can't resist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
PS: Let's not lynch the people who talk the least, but the people who actually say the least.
Like you?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #43
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Macalaure, good thing we can read minds like the elves otherwise by the very nature of your chosen occupation you would say the least and be the first to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareal
... coincidentally, as my plan gained some support from the most unexpected source (Holby).
Actually, for those who haven't been dancing that long I have lore books of olde with me greatgreatgreat(you get the idea) grandmama where she and her 2 wolfladies hid in the shadows of all the great talk and became victorious.

{quote=Mac]PS: Let's not lynch the people who talk the least, but the people who actually say the least.[/quote]
exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
When we start actually thinking about those who should be left without a chair in the end of the Dance, we rarely find the guts to vote for those who just haven't appeared on the floor a lot as it feels so bad to vote someone out because of that and possibly be wrong! So we tend to try and find even the slightest of reason to vote for someone of whom we think we know something... e.g. those who stand in the open. That way we leave some people in to the shadows where they have decided to reside. That is the perfect place for a villain. And I think you all know how often the first lynch is a goodwilling and active villager...
agreed
Old 12-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #44
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Like you?
Yes.

Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #45
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
To help me sort things out, more than anything else:

Out of the seven yet-to-post-ers I listed, Cailin (soory for the spelling error) has posted.
Still silent:
Mac - I don't expect him til tomorrow anyway, due to time zones
Eomer
Morm
Kitanna (again, sorry)
Naria
Valier

Or those who have posted more than once: Nogrod, Farael, Folwren and myself couldn't very well be quiet, whether wolf or innocent, without the change in playing style attracting attention. I'm not sure if this applies to Holby or Celuien, and of course, it doesn't apply to Lal. Cailin and Kath have posted only once each as I type; I don't know about Cailin but I would expect more posts from Kath.

Still, right now we have six out of fifteen who qualify as "quiet". Randomly lynching from among those six is a shot in the dark with lousy odds. Kitanna, Valier, Kath and Mac are four I'd particularly expect to see plenty of posting from, though, and if we haven't by tomorrow I may become suspicious.

Of course, I'm a relatively new player and my assessments may be inaccurate; so feel free to correct me.

Edit: Oh, there you are, Mac! Cross posted with several.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #46
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Folwren, yeah, Nogrod seems to have a tendancy to suspect those who agree with him, if I recall correctly!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #47
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Seeing as it's only been 4 hours of dancing no one as of yet qualifies as quiet.
It's understandable for those of differing dancetimes to yank a chair from someone and vote for them early on. But to start diffying up as to who's deliberetly hiding is way too soon. In fact it may take a few dances to figure it out.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #48
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Holby, I'm the last to advocate hasty stereotyping. I'm pinpointing those who haven't posted merely to

a) Keep track of them, it's easy to overlook them.
b) Try to prompt them to post!

Although, as I've said, seeing nothing or little from someone who is normally talkative will arouse my suspicions eventually - but not yet.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #49
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
That Kitanna, for example, rejection can be a powerful motivator.
Why would I take out my rejection on poor Durelin or CaptainofDespair? They didn't kick me out of the band.

Quote:
But surely if we lynch those who keep quiet then the werewolves will only shout even more? Therefore shouldn't we lynch those who shout the mostest?
Or maybe we should lynch those who talk just enough not to be labeled as loud mouths or quiets.

Quote:
So I say, now that we still have the numbers to risk perhaps a few bad lynchings... why not lynch the silent ones?
I say it is a horrible idea for this day. Day One is ripe with confusion on many levels, sometimes people miss day one all together because of time zone confusion. I think we should give it until Day Two before attacking silent players, if we decide to go after them at all.

Much of today's talk so far has been on lynching people based on how quiet they are. I am quite torn on the idea.
Quote:
When we start actually thinking about those who should be left without a chair in the end of the Dance, we rarely find the guts to vote for those who just haven't appeared on the floor a lot as it feels so bad to vote someone out because of that and possibly be wrong! So we tend to try and find even the slightest of reason to vote for someone of whom we think we know something... e.g. those who stand in the open. That way we leave some people in to the shadows where they have decided to reside. That is the perfect place for a villain. And I think you all know how often the first lynch is a goodwilling and active villager...
I agree with Nogrod's statement there, but on Day One I'm not so fond on lynching quiets. Sometimes confusion just gets the best of people on Day One and being quiet is unavoidable. It has happened to me before and so I always feel a bit of sympathy to quiets on Day One. However I agree with looking long and hard at the silent villagers Day Two and beyond. Staying quiet more than one day in a row seems a bit like flying under the radar and warrants inspection of the villager.

Howver on Day One I think looking at moderates is a better plan and looking at silents is better for Day Two.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #50
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
Seeing as it's only been 4 hours of dancing no one as of yet qualifies as quiet.
I totally agree with this judgement!

We should be able to make a difference between what we say in principle and what we urge others to take action right now... For now we have been talking about general principles I think (at least I have), but little by little we start to build up actual points. What I'm afraid is that we pick the slightest of possible confusing thing and go voting on the basis of it for someone who has actually taken part and leaving the silent / careful in their shadow... 'nuff said about the topic from my part now.

Just simmering the pot:

If there ever was a cobbler, then Macalaure is one...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #51
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
See, it works!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #52
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Kitanna, Valier, Kath and Mac are four I'd particularly expect to see plenty of posting from, though, and if we haven't by tomorrow I may become suspicious.
Emphasis mine. You haven't played with me often have you Rikae?

Ah so the good old quiet/loud debate continues. A wolf can be quiet, hiding behind the (generally correct) assumption that villagers won't vote for someone who has barely been around out of a sense of 'oh, we should give them a chance'. However, wolves can be loudmouths who hide behind their words. There can be no tactic of 'lynch all the quiet ones' or 'lynch all the loud ones' because, more often than not, there will be one of each. As mentioned before it's the meaning behind the words that is important.

But then, this debate is only really going on because we don't have a Seer and their tactics to argue about. Plus it's good to gauge reactions to things first Day, and hope that someone says something that proves them evil in future Days.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:14 PM   #53
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
A couple of things. There are already 50 posts in about 4 hours! A bit silly I'd say. Now I haven't read all of them yet but a couple of things that did stick out to me is that Farael is innocent...why you ask. He has his innocent style of play that I always find suspicious. So if I'm suspicious of him he must be innocent.

Rikae has contributed the most to this obscene amount of posting. Also she was clamoring on about the silent one after 2 hours! Let's get real here. Well Mormegil hasn't posted in 2 hours he simply must be guilty.

Eomer is innocent ...trust me on this.

++Rikae

By lynching her we will make things a bit easier as we will have fewer overall posts. I don't know if she's innocent or guilty but this is a spite vote...though for that matter I might want to lynch Eomer so that he can get his come-uppance. Nothing personal Rikae but I"m in the mood for a bit more silent game and currently you have the most posts.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:15 PM   #54
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Kath, I remember you being an active player in past games; maybe not as much as Nogrod, but still involved.

I think if I were a wolf, one thing I would certainly not do is lurk around the board silently until the silent ones began to be suspected, and then post immediately. That would be FAR too incriminating (after all, why would an innocent lurk?).

Not that Mac or Kitanna did that; I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Still, I'd keep an eye on them - or two.

Edit: cross posted with Morm

Last edited by Rikae; 12-19-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #55
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Kath is not generally the most active player, so to speak, but normally she's evil and guilty not to mention mean and vindictive....I say kill her soon.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #56
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ooh you sneak morm! Just because I make a good wolf I get victimised.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #57
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
A couple of things. There are already 50 posts in about 4 hours! A bit silly I'd say. Now I haven't read all of them yet but a couple of things that did stick out to me is that Farael is innocent...why you ask. He has his innocent style of play that I always find suspicious. So if I'm suspicious of him he must be innocent.
Ah, very logical. When you aren't suspicious of him, is he guilty?

Quote:
Rikae has contributed the most to this obscene amount of posting. Also she was clamoring on about the silent one after 2 hours! Let's get real here. Well Mormegil hasn't posted in 2 hours he simply must be guilty.
Well, if you actually read before voting, you would have seen that Farael was the one advocating lynching the silent ones, and I posted the list to point out that too many were silent to make that a viable strategy, and to try to get everyone posting, which was his stated reason for the "lynch the quiet ones" strategy.

Quote:
Eomer is innocent ...trust me on this.
Why? Because you're a seer? Oh, wait, we don't have one.

Quote:
++Rikae

By lynching her we will make things a bit easier as we will have fewer overall posts. I don't know if she's innocent or guilty but this is a spite vote...though for that matter I might want to lynch Eomer so that he can get his come-uppance. Nothing personal Rikae but I"m in the mood for a bit more silent game and currently you have the most posts.
Well, if everyone agrees with Morm, feel free to lynch me! I've done my best to be helpful while I have a chance to be here, but if I'm not wanted, so be it.

Last edited by Rikae; 12-19-2006 at 05:23 PM. Reason: getting rid of random bold text
Old 12-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #58
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

And so it begins. Why is it that every game ends up with someone storming off?

Rikae, morm obviously had to vote early for some reason. He has nothing to go on so he's picking on someone for a ridiculous reason, most probably to gauge reactions. It doesn't mean he hates you.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #59
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Quote:
Well, if you actually read before voting, you would have seen that Farael was the one advocating lynching the silent ones, and I posted the list to point out that too many were silent to make that a viable strategy, and to try to get everyone posting, which was his stated reason for the "lynch the quiet ones" strategy.
Well in this "lynch the silent ones" campaign I'd say you come off a bit suspcious Rikae. Farael brings it up and, as Morm said, you begin making the most posts that are pointing out the silent ones. Now this seems like an attempt to be as unquiet as possible to avoid Farael's lynching of the quiet folk around here. That's one way to look at it.
However I've never really seen your playing style Rikae, so, I'm not sure how to find you. At the moment I am torn between thinking you an innocent trying to move the game along or a bumbling wolf that is trying to stay away from the quiet area due to Farael's idea of lynching them.

Quote:
I think if I were a wolf, one thing I would certainly not do is lurk around the board silently until the silent ones began to be suspected, and then post immediately. That would be FAR too incriminating (after all, why would an innocent lurk?).

Not that Mac or Kitanna did that; I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Still, I'd keep an eye on them - or two.
Excuse me for being unable to speed read through forty-some posts when I get on.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #60
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm not storming off - I'meant if more players want to get rid of me, they can go ahead and vote for me.

As for the rest, I just found Morm's post very suspicious, from the inaccurate statements on Farael and myself to the "seerish" comment about Eomer. I'm not saying this out of spite; it should be clear to anyone that Morm's post is fishy, apparently designed to create confusion. There may be an innocent explanation, but as it stands it looks very odd.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #61
mormegil
Maundering Mage

No I have no reason to vote early and will be hanging around and dancing quite a bit yet. My vote was for the reason stated. Not anything personal or meant to be offensive simply to slow down posting a bit, it seems to have the opposite effect.

Kath I never said you make a good wolf I did say

Quote:
but normally she's evil and guilty not to mention mean and vindictive....I say kill her soon

Quote:
Why? Because you're a seer? Oh, wait, we don't have one.
It appears that I may have been deceived on this point...let me look at the PM quickly no it doesn't say that I'm not ergo I dreamt of it and simply know that he's innocent though would make a fine revenge kill.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #62
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
As for the rest, I just found Morm's post very suspicious, from the inaccurate statements on Farael and myself to the "seerish" comment about Eomer. I'm not saying this out of spite; it should be clear to anyone that Morm's post is fishy, apparently designed to create confusion. There may be an innocent explanation, but as it stands it looks very odd.
Normally I'd agree, but since it was Morm who posted it, well I'm conflicted. A bold bluff on his part to declare someone innocent. However it could just be one good old joke from games past or he's trying to lead us off the scent. He's crafty like that. I find Morm extremely hard to pin down until a few days in and even then I'm only sure of him when he's dead, because, well, all doubt is removed when someone bites the big one.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #63
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
As this dancing occurs at so unfortunate time of my timetable I will have to take a nap on a chair for a while. But before I go just slight first impressions to be adjusted after more dancing has taken place...

Those not posted yet (no alarm bells yet as it's on certain counts early, but waiting...):
Naria
Valier
Eomer

Those I tend to trust right now for various reasons:
Kitanna: speaks sense in an innocentish way. She could pull it, I know, but it feels pretty straight.
Rikae: Much too much involvement to be a wolf and defending herself in an honest sounding way.

Slightly favouring on the innocent side (probably not voting toDay, without further reasons):
Lalwende: As I've never played with her I haven't the faintest. Sounds good, but a wise person would do that if she were a wolf too...
Cailín: Making sense. Feels right, albeit with no arguments that could be argued about - admitted.
Holbytlass: Hard to discern although sounding reasonable. About the same thing with Cailín.
Celuien: Making sense and feeling good as well, as the two before.

Hard ones to discern:
mormegil: Looks mormegilish... I'm not sure if that assures me anyday, but he makes sense.
Farael: Sounds Innocent with a capital letter - and that's just why I'm a bit reserved with him. Speaks sense. Normally I know him being more aggressive.

Somewhat suspicious:
Macalaure: Looks pretty cobblerish by trying to spread suspicion over all the "veteran" players... and not making sensible points as normally (okay, just a few hours behind in the game, but why to rush for that kind of summary so early, kind of out of the blue without even a point but if not to muddy the waters?)
Folwren: Feels un-Foleyish...
Kath: Never underestimate or ignore the possibility of her being the wolf...

But as I said, these are only first impressions. I will be back after a long while, but well before the band stops playing...

And really people not participating or posting problematically will gain my interest later on... I hope to see posting , a lot of dancing before I come back again!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #64
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I'm not storming off - I'meant if more players want to get rid of me, they can go ahead and vote for me.
Rikae I think you are experienced enough to know better than to react like this! The way I see it, Morm was taking a chance and voting for you to see your reaction. Keep in mind that we have retractable votes, so such an early vote means nothing, as long as Morm is around later on today.

And yet, your defensiveness is bound to raise some eyebrows. I know that it is part of your playing style, but boy did you over-react to Morm's pretty much random accusation!

Of course, Morm's randomness is also a good tactic for avoiding suspicion... if we call him on "playing too safe" he'll say that being random is not safe gameplay... if we call him on "playing randomly" he'll say that at least he's taking a chance, and such reckless behaviour would not be what a wolf would do.

Ugh, werewolfing gives me headaches.

For now, I'm keeping an eye on Rikae, Folwren Macalure and Morm (in that order).

Rikae really jumped at Morm's accusations.
Folwren has a valid point as a reply to my accusation of a flip-flop, but my gut tells me otherwise... and my guy is right much more often than my brains
Macalure wrote a really long and pretty much useless post. If we had a seer I might have thought it was a seer leaving hints, but since there's no such thing... cobbler anyone?
Lastly, I tend to suspect completely random and mostly "joking" posts, thus Morm qualifies... but I don't suspect him as much as the other three.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #65
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

X-ed with Nogrod. Nothing to comment on his post.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #66
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Kitanna -

I can't really be said to have a playing style, since this is my fourth game. However, in my first game I was quite talkative, as those who played with me might remember. The second caught me during midterms, and I was lynched early in the third.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #67
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Farael, well, I can not defend myself and let the accusations stand, or defend myself and be accused of being overly defensive. I'll just be upfront - I was a bit insulted, to tell you the truth. I know I shouldn't be so touchy.
Regarding Morm's goofing around; nothing wrong with joking, but it could be used as a smokescreen to avoid substantive posts while still participating.
Mac I've played with twice before, and he was much the same as both a baddie and an innocent, as far as I could tell. All I can say is I hope he's on the village's side.
Farael came up with the "lynch the quiet ones" plan, though everyone seems to think it was me. I don't approve of that plan, but am not necessarily suspicious of Farael; it seems like it may have been a strategy to get players posting, and it seems to have worked. Without a seer, we especially need to have everyone posting so we have something to go on.
Naria hasn't posted, which probably doesn't surprise anyone.
Eomer and Valier are yet to post.
Nogrod is himself, as far as I can tell, right up to his suspicion of Folwren for agreeing with his argument. (Might I remind you, Noggy, that you suspected my innocent mum for the same sort of reason?)
Folwren looks pretty balanced; an innocent or a clever wolf.
Kath hasn't said much; I will have to consult my lorebook regarding her normal behavior.
Kitanna's timing (posting immediately after I commented on her absence) is slightly suspicious, but it could be a coincidence, or innocent.
Cailin Seems reasonable and calm; maybe too much?
Celuien Seems innocentish at this point
Holby doesnt' seem especially suspicious, but she did go for the "lynch the quiet ones" plan a little too wholeheartedly for me to be entirely unconcerned.
Lalwende I can't decide about, except to say she seems to be quite the savvy newbie.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #68
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Rikae, morm obviously had to vote early for some reason. He has nothing to go on so he's picking on someone for a ridiculous reason, most probably to gauge reactions. It doesn't mean he hates you.
I beg to differ. That is not obvious. Morm's behavior in that first post is shocking and appauling to me. He says he is suspicious of Farael, but he will not suspect him because he says his suspicion of him is usually wrong, etc., etc. Twisted logic, if you ask me.

Eomer is innocent, he says. Trust him, he says. Has Eomer even posted?

Someone said Mac was a cobbler? Well, well, well! What about Morm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Folwren: Feels un-Foleyish...
Yes. I am un-Foleyish. I am Countess Folwren. Not Foley this time.

Farael, I have answered you. I will not answer again.

I will not make an over all list of people and what I think of them until tomorrow, closer to closing time.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #69
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
So many posts. I'm never going to be able to keep up with everything at this rate.

I see that we have a little battle between morm and Rikae. I don't really make much of it. Such a thing isn't unknown for a pair of innocents in the lorebooks of Werewolf history. There are some rather notorious incidents, including one between my ancestor and an great-grandmother of Cailin's.

mormegil - seems almost normal for mormegil. Though he did say Eomer is innocent, and I automatically suspect Eomer on principle (see below). And this quote is a little odd:
Quote:
Originally Posted by morm on Eomer
It appears that I may have been deceived on this point...let me look at the PM quickly no it doesn't say that I'm not ergo I dreamt of it and simply know that he's innocent though would make a fine revenge kill.
Well, it could be normal Morm joking since we obviously don't have a Seer and because the PM reference is strange, but it still puzzles me a little. So I'll be watching him toDAY...
Kath - also seems to be normal Kath. No alarm bells.
Farael - seems like the usual innocent Farael. And has suggested the lynch the quiet ones plan. Since that always gets debate off to a running start, it seems to be a particularly innocent move.
Rikae - defensive. The height of defensiveness reached seems a little too attention drawing for a wolf at the beginning of a game, particularly considering that it looks like it was only in response to a single retractable vote. Probably innocent.
Nogrod - the usual Nogrod. Helpful, analytic. Not suspicious.
Lalwende - feels innocent. I'm watching mostly because I'm not familiar with her in werewolf.
Kitanna - another who does not alarm me at all.
Macalaure - first post was cited by Farael as possible evidence for shoe making. Don't know. It doesn't seem particularly out of line for day one behavior, and he did suggest the entirely reasonable modification to the lynch the silent ones plan of lynching those who say least when they do appear. *shrugs* He doesn't seem suspicious to me.
Eomer - A clear werewolf. I've suspected him since his lupine ancestor convinced my ancestor to attempt to save him at the last minute my impersonating the ranger. Should be lynched immediately. (Since he's not here yet, this is only a pure statement of old grudges )
Cailín - again, seems calm and isn't really appearing odd to me.
Holbytlass - another who seems innocent.
Folwren - elegant and stoic. Not suspicious.

Which leaves me where I usually am on day 1. Essentially clueless.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #70
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Crossed with Foley. And there's a typo in my post above. "My" where there should be a "by". Garr, no editing rule.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #71
Kitanna
Child of the West

This is just a head's up that I will probably be voting in about four hours. I get to go to work nice and early tomorrow and I won't be able to get back on until well after Day has ended.
I'll probably be reviewing the posts for a bit before voting. I really have no idea which way to go.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #72
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think I'm going to be voting tonight as well. I don't know if I'll be able to check in to the 'downs tomorrow before the deadline, and since we have retractable votes...

I have nothing to comment on the latest posts. I'll wait until later on tonight and then cast my vote.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #73
mormegil
Maundering Mage

The Specials are on now? Sweet, up I skank!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #74
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Macalure wrote a really long and pretty much useless post. If we had a seer I might have thought it was a seer leaving hints, but since there's no such thing... cobbler anyone?
Really? I thought of Mac's first post as nothing more than a normal good old first post for Day One. However in response to Folwren's post:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure

PS: Let's not lynch the people who talk the least, but the people who actually say the least.
Like you?
In response he simply answered "Yes", now that I find far more useless than his first post and far more suspicious.

Aside from this it looks like people have quieted down a bit since I was last on. Most posts are who people think are guilty and who is thought to be innocent. I hope there's at least a little more activity before I turn in for the night.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #75
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Valier spins softly as if floating, towards the now assembled group of dancers. Her eyes closed, humming softly, she pauses, sighs and stops. "Excuse me? I don't think I quite understand......someone is dead? Why would anyone want to hurt some one at such a lovely place?" She now twirls her hair on one finger as she stands slightly on one leg. " I mean oh yeah now I remember....." Looks confused for a moment. " Poor, Poor Miss Durelin and Captain as well!! What ever shall we do?" Valier quickly looks side to side and gives a little shiver and takes a deep breath
"I know that killing the silent ones may sound like a good idea, but I think it folly. Whatever we say the wolves will certainly take into account. If we say kill the silent ones they will talk lots, if we say kill the loud ones they will back off. As a wolf the easiest way to get by is to talk quite frequently and try to sway votes whan they need to or if villagers want to kill the quiet ones they will just sit back and let them get killed. I say if anyone should go it is because of the way they react to others and the inconsistencies in their posting and opinions. I have had some experience being bad (though I've given it up for a more calmer life) I will try and post more things that I did and noticed with other wolves as soon as I can. I know today is random, but lets at least try and put some effort into it, seeing as we have no Seer or any other gifted to protect or help us. Every choice we make can hurt us if we don't think it through." Valier shakes her head suddenly and stares vacantly into the distance.
"Oh I love this song!! Would someone care to dance?"
Old 12-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #76
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm getting tired about repeating this point, but the merit of the "let's lynch the silent ones" is not necessarily in finding a silent wolf.

It is too likely that, if we enforce this plan, the wolves will start talking so that they won't be caught as "silent". A talking wolf is a wolf that is more likely to make a mistake. Furthermore, at the end of the game, silent players tend to draw attention off the main topics at hand (and while they are not lynched, they cause a lot of uncertainty).

If we put my plan into work, any self-respecting Ordo will talk to help the village, which will isolate the wolves (or cobblers for that matter) if they decide not to talk. Furthermore, if everyone talks, then there will be no silent ones to lynch, while still forcing the wolves on the spotlight.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #77
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holby
Holby, I'm the last to advocate hasty stereotyping. I'm pinpointing those who haven't posted merely to
a) Keep track of them, it's easy to overlook them.
Only meant it (and the rest of post) in general terms, a reminder even to myself.
I'm glad someone, in this case you, occassionally tallies to see who hasn't spoken yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I beg to differ. That is not obvious. Morm's behavior in that first post is shocking and appauling to me.
Understandably, but we must remember that he is rude boy.

Farael, I get it.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #78
Kitanna
Child of the West

I am afraid I need to cast a vote now. I'm hoping to grab on a few minutes online tomorrow before work, but it's nothing I can promise or I'd hold off voting.
I'll admit this is a pretty random vote and I do hate random votes. But I feel it is better to cast one out here randomly then completely miss out on the voting process.

++ Morm

I hold no real strong feelings toward any one player, but I rarely trust Morm. So due to my lack of trust I put my vote out there for Morm for that reason. Not the best of reasons, but I'd hate to miss the voting altogether.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #79
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, I dare not postpone this any longer... I have very little to go on, and I hope I'll be able to sneak back sometime before the deadline, but it'll be a close call and I want to get a vote in.

It's too soon to vote for a "silent" one, as they may yet speak before the day is over, but unless something happens, and if I get back in time, I shal doubtlessly vote according to my plan. It's up to you all to follow me or not.

Yet for now, I have two main suspects. My Brains tell me Rikae's reaction to Morm was rather weird (or wolfish). My Gut tells me there's something fishy about Folwren. Based on my luck on previous games, I should go for Folwren... and you know what? I think I will. I really have nothing better to go on than that "feeling" that there's something wrong.

++Folwren.

I hope to be back on time to lynch me a silent one.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:37 AM   #80
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Oh my, how the tongue can go on and on and on and on. *Snaps a piece of bubble gum and continues chewing* I will now go and read what all has been said. Oh and before I go and do this, just a reminder...don't hate me because I'm a quiet heiress, afterall quietness has been passed down to me and I am entitled to a Day one's grace. *Pulls out her scroll* see it says so right here. "Upon my death, my only daughter Naria will be entitled to a first Day's grace from any lynching if she comes upon a werewolf infested village." *Snaps gum again and toddles off to read*