The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #81
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I was really quite hoping for someone to slip and declare their wolvery, or maybe for the wisdom of Solomon to cleave someone's fact from their fiction, or barring all that, maybe a good, old-fashioned, divine revelation...

But no. I'm getting steadily sicker and more confuséd.

Nerwen's protests have me chivalrously afraid to vote her. Sally's bandwaggon is admittedly weak--I agree full about her point re: Hakon, and I've already said I don't get Mac's Nienna vote.

Where does this leave me?

I dunno... the only real discord clear to me is Hakon's vote, which could be newblerie as easier as wolvery.

But you work with what you've got...

++ Hakon
Old 08-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #82
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
There's over half that need to vote with under 15 minutes, I suggest unless you want complete chaos lots of you should be getting out your votes now. Really expect some blast of enlightenment the last 15 minutes?

The only one with a reasonable excuse to not vote yet is Nerwen.

Edit: crossed with Form...good man.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #83
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I've noticed that Hakon's reasoning today has been near-completely (if not absolutely completely) IC-related. Now, for first-day suspicions, I suppose that's not a horrible sin, but to base a vote off them... especially when there's already been a vote for them, that just seems fishy to me.

Edit: X'ed with Form and Boro.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #84
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
I think he makes a really good point about the listers (if they are wolves) not wanting to leave out a fellow wolf. On the other hand it is something a really sneaky wolf might do.
Not sure that I exactly feel comfortable with Nienna right now. Then I don't know her that well along with everyone else so I feel just about like Brinn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I have no idea who to lynch so it's best I make a list...

Who I like:

Who I hate:
Sally
Fea
Hakon
Boro
Autume
Nerwen
Nessa Telrunya
Wilwa
Nienna
Mac
Shasta
Formendacil
Alonariel
Edit: x-ed wiith Formendacil, Boro, and Shasta
Old 08-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #85
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Hakon's vote seems completely....just wrong. Forgetting momentarily that the vote was for me, you'll notice that he only has two posts. In the first he makes a joke about me, then in the second he hops onto Nienna's vote without further discussion. It seems horribly shifty to me. I suppose he is new, but it still creeps me out. A lot.
Not the most well-thought-out vote I've ever seen, but it looks to me more like inappropriate use of role-playing from a newbie. (Really, we ought to have sticky thread of "hints for newbies".)

EDIT:X'd since Sally.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #86
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well. I may very well vote for Hakon tomorrow, but every other newbie I've seen join our Werewolfing madness has gotten one free day at least, and I don't think he should be an exception.

This leaves me without a clear vote, though... I'm leaning Sally just for suspicion and her vote, though.

Edit: X'ed with autume and Nerwen.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 08-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #87
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
By the way, to reality for a moment. I'm not sure (obviously) that Nerwen's guilty, but as I mentioned earlier I had a feeling about her, which is obviously why I voted for her, not the silliness of her not being able to cheer properly.

I also was getting really....for lack of a better word weird vibes from Nienna, which is why both times I mentioned her in my silly little lists I said I hoped it was just paint on her shirt or whatever. I don't want to vote her to save myself because it could turn out poorly, but at the same time I know what I am but I'm not aware of hers. I think I'll not change though, unless I feel strongly one way or the other in the next six minutes, because if I feel she's innocent I think she's good to have around. Does that make sense at all, or am I going a bit mad? (Again....)

Blah, sorry, I'm still not fully awake, hence the huge indecision. Welcome to my thought process. And Hakon still bugs me. Can someone tell me:is it just me being a bit vengeful, or is he actually suspicious for that vote?

EDIT: x'd since....erm, since my last I believe.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #88
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
(Really, we ought to have sticky thread of "hints for newbies".)
Oh yes the newbies would all rejoice! Still lots of learning I've got.

I'm going to go with my suspicion and vote.

++Nienna

Edit: x-ed with Sally
Old 08-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #89
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Boro - Mac (Mac1)
Fea - Nerwen (Mac1, Nerwen1)
Sally - Nerwen (Mac1, Nerwen2)
Boro - --Mac, ++autume (Nerwen2, autume1)
Nienna - Sally (Nerwen2, autume1, Sally1)
Hakon - Sally (Nerwen2, autume1, Sally2)
Mac - Nienna (Nerwen2, autume1, Sally2, Nienna1)
Form - Hakon (Nerwen2, autume1, Sally2, Nienna1, Hakon1)
autume - Nienna (Nerwen2, autume1, Sally2, Nienna2, Hakon1)

The votes as of now. And sally's last post looks an awful lot to me like lynch-shopping (understandable, I suppose, given her situation, but still.)

Edit: X'ed with autume and added her vote. I am NOT allowing this to be yet ANOTHER three-way tie.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #90
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright, I've come to the best decision that I can in less than a half hour.

++Nienna

It's actually not random; I do have a reason (surprise!). Taking a look at her posts, particularly her vote post, she makes me uneasy. It's something about her word choices; they seem carefully placed and her behaviour just reminds me of wolves from the past.

Oh sure, I'll probably get Night-killed for being so quiet toDay. And if not, you all will suspect me for saying so. Meh. I don't care what you all do. I'm going back to my corner to brood in my own thoughts. So keep away.

EDIT: X-ed from the top of this page
Old 08-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #91
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, I can't leave it any later.

++Sally.

She actually still is the person I find most suspicious.

EDIT:X'd since Sally.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #92
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Shasta, think before making a not-so-golden vote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #93
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Nerwen, Lari was a part of the Anne Boleyn society, not Anna Lynn...

Boro, thank you for explaining! I'll try not to make that mistake again

++Mac
Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #94
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Must vote, and I'm going with my suspicion.

++Sally

Edit: X'ed with Brinn, Nerwen, Boro, and Alonariel.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #95
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Looked back at Nienna's posts to get a better idea about her. I'm not sure she's innocent, but I'm even less sure she's guilty. By which I mean I think I'll leave her alone. If I die at least I can be sure the village doesn't lose the ranger or something, because that would be devastating. I'll sit and wait like a good girl.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #96
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh now that's just rude.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #97
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I hate my life.

++Nienna
Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #98
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Day has ended! I shall count votes now.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #99
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hate it hate it HATE IT! Boro, darling, I'll miss you if I'm gone. Nienna, either way, you really were a nice girl, even if that red paint on your collar is a bit too dark. Hope I'm not wrong.

*retreats back into her happy place*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Must vote, and I'm going with my suspicion.

++Sally
Et tu, Brute?

EDIT: x'd with the moddess because I messed up the quote so it took a bit longer than I expected.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #100
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
It is a tie.

Moddess is picking the numbers now....
Old 08-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #101
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And Sally is dead.

She was a Were-Librarian.

Narration shall be up sometime tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #102
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

As everyone recovered from the shock of the very public deaths of two of their members, a cry was heard for justice!

“I don’t like the way Nienna looks,” Boosted Mac. Others quickly follow his lead.

“But I was just in the art room! I haven’t done anything! Sally looks a lot worse than I do!” Nienna retorts, trying to save herself.

“What about Nerwen?” Fea pointed out.

Nienna looks a lot more innocent than Sally, but neither seems to have a lot against them,” Form pointed out.

“I cast my vote for Nerwen, I mean Nienna!” Sally shouted, trying to confuse everyone.

Wilwa remained silent; she didn’t feel right in voting for anyone, nothing was certain. Nessa seemed to have disappeared as well.

As things were heating up, Shasta delivered the final vote of “Sally!”

She spun around to everyone, glaring. “I’ve done nothing! All I’ve done was get caught in the closet with Boro! Nothing sneaky at all and you all would just be QUIET-“

“That voice,” Alona said. “I remember it. She’s one of the Were-Librarians!”

“Well, this disguises isn’t necessary anymore. Boro, thanks for the fun time.” And with that Sally snapped her fingers and her true identity was revealed, in her hand was a scanner to keep a check on the books and her skin was-

“Green?” Brinn questioned.

“Yes, I really did like the school colors. Now if you’ll excuse me, I deserve a chance to fly!” As she was beginning to rise, Hakon grabbed her leg. “No you don’t!”

“String her up with the decorations!” Suggested Tum. And so they did just that, and Sally hanged from the ceiling with green and black streamers.

"Let's head off to bed," Mac suggested. "Its been an interesting Day."

The two remaining Were-Librarians hoped the saying about thirteen people dining was the same for thirteen people sleeping, that the first to rise dies.

The Living:
Fea, Freshman comp professor/slave
Hakon
Boro, Nervous student teacher
Autume98, Computer geek who keeps to herself and no one really knows
Nerwen, Ex-cheerleader with a job that sounds horribly more glamorous than it is
Nessa Telrunya
Wilwa, Stay at home mom of 9
Nienna, Artsy kid that couldn't be dragged out of the art room so she stayed there
Mac, Shy kid
Shasta, Rebel with nothing to rebel against but still looks cool
Formendacil, Eater of Kraft dinners while getting his Doctorate in Inane Uselessness
Alonariel, Nurse who never sleeps
Brinn, the goth kid everyone is afraid of

The Dead:
Lari, crushed by books~ Moddess
Mira, impaled by a v-cart~ Co-Moddess
Sally, tried to defy gravity and succeed by being hanged~ Were-Librarian

Ranger and Were-Librarians please send your picks.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 08-04-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #103
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wilwa walked out into the hallway. Her cell phone wasn't getting great reception in the room she had and #5 was sick and wanted to talk to Mommy. She sighed, knowing that the other 8 would be sick within the week.

The Were-Librarians took this oppertunity to kill one of the innocent. They stalked her through the halls, following her, trying to corner her.

In the end they got her in a corner, she turned to look at them. "Oh its just...AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" She cried as they began to beat her with their scanners. Bloody and broken they placed her body under where their fallen comrade Sally still swayed.

Form emerged from his room first to find the wonderful tragic sight that awaited all of them. Wilwa, dead and bloody, below Sally's body(they had forgotten to take it down).

Tum was next to come in and fought back the bile as she saw Wilwa's body.

The rest filed in as well, mourning the loss of the wonderful mother of 9.

The Living:
Fea, Freshman comp professor/slave
Hakon
Boro, Nervous student teacher
Autume98, Computer geek who keeps to herself and no one really knows
Nerwen, Ex-cheerleader with a job that sounds horribly more glamorous than it is
Nessa Telrunya
Nienna, Artsy kid that couldn't be dragged out of the art room so she stayed there
Mac, Shy kid
Shasta, Rebel with nothing to rebel against but still looks cool
Formendacil, Eater of Kraft dinners while getting his Doctorate in Inane Uselessness
Alonariel, Nurse who never sleeps
Brinn, the goth kid everyone is afraid of

The Dead:
Lari, crushed by books~ Moddess
Mira, impaled by a v-cart~ Co-Moddess
Sally, tried to defy gravity and succeed by being hanged~ Were-Librarian
Wilwa, beaten with scanners~ Ordo

Day 2 has begun.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 08-04-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #104
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen shook her head sadly, "What a way to go! Lucky we've got someone here with a bit of experience in police procedure." This was technically true: Nerwen had been brought in for questioning a couple of times. "I've made a list of everything she said yesterDay. Maybe that will give us some clues,"

#14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Wilwa giggled as she continued to tell Mac and Shasta about how #8 is finally walking, how wonderful is that!?!

They don't seem to be all that interested, she thought sadly as Shasta walked away to talk to Sally, sweet girl though, and Mac just sat there looking half asleep. How strange, I thought everyone would be so excited to hear about my wonderful miracles.

She decided to wander around and look for someone else to talk too. After grabbing a strange green drink that tasted like bananas she walked up to Nessa, who also seemed quite lonely.

"Hello!" Willwa said gently trying to remember any classes they had together. "Remember that one time in English Lit...."
#38.
Quote:
Ok. So a list, and I have just included those who have actually posted today:

Boro: no really, they are angels (7 is a girl), if they ever do throw spitballs in your class though I won't interfere with the punishing....but it won't happen, haha. Seriously though, no bad vibes from him.

Alonariel: Newbie pass today

Sally: talks about Boro....alot. She always confuses me, it's a general rule.

Shasta: kinda hurt that he "pointedly ignored" me, but otherwise I'm not pushed in either directions for him

Nerwen: nothing weird in her single post

Nienna: made a list! Good girl!

Nessa: haven't played with her before, so I'm wanting to keep her around for at least today......and her name is my RL name, so I like her

Fea: had a bad first day at work and therefore don't want to make it worse for the poor dear, so will leave her be for today....though she seems fine anyways

Autume: see Nessa just cut out the last part

So.....this has gotten me no where. Really nothing much to go on, so I'm at a loss for the moment. Only have about another half hour before I fall asleep, so I'll just be hanging around until then. And then I shall vote...for whom, I don't know....
#42.
Quote:
Autume has now been tranformed into a girl in my above post, my apologies for that little mix up, never played with her before so I guessed....anyway, yeah, sorry about that...

So I am exhausted from all of todays events (in RL and in the game). Therefore I shall vote.

For whom? Not really sure....I'm honestly good with everyone, mainly cause there hasn't been a heck of a lot from everyone.

So actually, I'm thinking I shall refrain from voting, since I'm not comfortable voting for anyone who has spoken, and I dislike voting for silent types on Day 1....maybe if the deadline wasn't so late I'd end up with more to go on, but for now I don't so this is where I'll leave it.

Good luck to you all today!
So... no leads to anyone. I guess they think they've committed the perfect crime.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:39 AM   #105
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyone around? I'm getting lonely.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #106
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Now... I've sat out a lot of these games since I was a carefree pre-university student, and I've not read most of the ones I've missed, so there's a lot of WW-culture current that I'm not up with--but one thing I have picked up on is that Nienna has something of an unreasonable penchant for being unreasonably lynched on Days 1.
Is she? I wasn't aware of that. She was the only suspicicous person to me at the time, though, so I don't think I would have voted differently even then.

Quote:
Which means that, coupled with Mac's almost immediate reply to Nienna's post--a Day-ending post, suggesting she won't be back before the end of the Day to defend herself--I am really not liking Mac's quoted post.
I was around, I saw something very suspicious, and at the same time I saw two bandwaggons, liked neither, and wanted to try to put the village on a better rail (from my perspective). It's not like my suspicion against her was new at that time...

Quote:
It's a little too easy. He sees a couple bandwaggons, says he doesn't like them, and then expresses this by starting--potentially--one of the easiest Day 1 bandwaggons there is?
I would disagree that my bandwaggon was particularly easy compared to others.

I do have to say that, reading Sally's later posts, I would probably have retracted to her. She criticised votes against her instead of suspicion against her and the way she tried to encourage people to vote Nienna doesn't look good either. Needless to say, this implies that Nienna is very probably innocent.

Alright, I'll be back with closer looks at the dead people and at the voting.

Wait, I see Nerwen put all of wilwa's posts into one. Nice. It's interesting: the libarians have every reason to be very afraid of the gifteds in this game, yet they chose someone apparently for the single reason to not leave a trail. Are they that afraid to kill the snitch? Why not simply get rid of any of the Sally-voters, for example? Are we dealing with inexperienced librarians, or with librarians who are already now under much pressure? In the latter case, since I doubt Nienna is a librarian, Nerwen would probably be - but then, why is Fea not dead? For now the librarians might be able to confuse us this way, but I think this strategy will come to bite them.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:12 AM   #107
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm around for about two hours (between things like showering and cleaning) and then if anybody yells at me for non-participation, blame the fact that I'm going to pick up Mira from the bus terminal and Lari from the airport (!). Can't blame a girl for being distracted when the reason she's distracted is a visit from the mods.

Okay, so. To start my Day right before I hop in the shower, I'm making a List. Don't get all up in my grill for making lists because they serve really truly fabulous purposes not just for wolves. You just have to know what sorts of things to look for.

The Not Particularly Evil, I Think:

Fea: well, duhz.

Nienna, love that she is, has peaced out for the day to go make pretty artistic things and probably to help her peers (most of whom are older) figure out computer software. I prefer to pay actual attention to people when they're actually around for me to ask questions of, but in Nienna's case, I'm not particularly concerned either way. She's not being sneaky enough for me to think she's a threat.

Mac is someone who I was worried about, but upon closer inspection, I think it was just me assuming that he might hypothetically be possibly someone to worry about, in theory. After I took a closer look at his posts, I do definitely think I was reading too much into them.

Formendacil: I might be wrong, but nothing about his posts strike me as off. I'm glad it's a small enough and quiet enough game that it doesn't take much effort to pay attention to everybody.

Boro: Whoa, look at this, B: for once I'm not trying really hard to kill you right away. I reserve the right to change my mind, of course, but for now you seem pretty okay.

The I Really Don't Know But Think There's Almost Definitely at Least One Wolf in Here List:

Hakon
Autume98
Nerwen
Nessa Telrunya
Shasta
Alonariel
Brinn

I'll come back after I shower to reread the thread over breakfast and see if I can pull up some reasons why they concern me and the others don't.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 08-05-2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: X'd with Mac
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 AM   #108
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
since I doubt Nienna is a librarian, Nerwen would probably be - but then, why is Fea not dead?
Wolves are great about knowing when somebody genuinely doesn't know what they're talking about. It would have cast a lot of suspicion against Nerwen if I'd died in the Night, so I doubt they'd have gone for me. I mean... unless Nerwen isn't a wolf.

But whether or not she is, killing me in the Night does the following things:

1) the wolves lose a distracting force; wolves tend not to want to kill me early because I draw attention away from them (this works in reverse when I am actually a wolf, of course...). While I'm alive, the Seer dreams of me (my last three wolf games I was dreamed of first or second and I've been Fenrised several times), so the actual wolves are safe from that for a bit. And the village tends to wonder what I'm up to, leaving quiet wolves to hide out and watch, and contribute their 'suspicions.'

I'm really too valuable of a scapegoat for wolves to want to kill off so soon, whether or not my I-don't-know-what-I'm-talking-about vote for Nerwen was spot on.

2) This one applies more if Nerwen is a wolf: if I died in the Night, it would definitely cause people to take a very close look at my posts and my voting record. Since Nerwen's the only one I really mentioned suspicion of (even though it was less suspicion than "Well, I've gotta vote for someone..."), it would have really looked bad on her. If she's a Librarian, her co-workers would want, I suspect, to avoid that.

But mostly?

I suspect I just didn't die because wolves like to have me around to worry the village for them.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:26 AM   #109
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Boro: Whoa, look at this, B: for once I'm not trying really hard to kill you right away. I reserve the right to change my mind, of course, but for now you seem pretty okay.
Funny you should say that Fea, because I was just making a post about how the person who most needs to explain himself at the moment is Boro.

And now you jump on Mac's tentative scenario:

Quote:
Are we dealing with inexperienced librarians, or with librarians who are already now under much pressure? In the latter case, since I doubt Nienna is a librarian, Nerwen would probably be - but then, why is Fea not dead? For now the librarians might be able to confuse us this way, but I think this strategy will come to bite them.
–and start talking about me as if I'm suddenly the top suspect in the village. Why?

Quote:
Wolves are great about knowing when somebody genuinely doesn't know what they're talking about. It would have cast a lot of suspicion against Nerwen if I'd died in the Night, so I doubt they'd have gone for me. I mean... unless Nerwen isn't a wolf.
etc., etc., etc.

And then, why in Middle-earth do you feel the need to construct elaborate theories of why you're still alive, anyway? Why shouldn't you be? (Oh yes, because if I were a wolf I might have thought you were the Seer– ya-de-ya-de-ya– but that's an explanation with nothing to explain.)
Old 08-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #110
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
And then, why in Middle-earth do you feel the need to construct elaborate theories of why you're still alive, anyway?
Did you miss the part where Mac asked why I'm still alive? Look, I'll quote it for your convenience, so there's no need to read what he wrote for yourself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac (again)
In the latter case, since I doubt Nienna is a librarian, Nerwen would probably be - but then, why is Fea not dead?
His question was, if you're a wolf, why didn't I die? I was merely trying to point out that regardless of your role, it would be silly of wolves to kill me, but if you were a wolf, it would be really, really stupid.

You're not really, really stupid, are you?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #111
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Boro -> Mac - an unsuccessful test
Fea -> Nerwen - without reason
Sally -> Nerwen - crossed with Fea, so possible librarian-on-librarian
Boro -> autume - Boro, why is "A lot of commentary mixed in with a couple jokes" suspicious?
Nienna -> Sally - no real reason behind this, but Sally was talked about at this point, so no lib-on-lib, I think
Hakon -> same as Nienna, just more so
Mac -> Nienna
Form -> Hakon - looks genuine to me, though a concealed attempt to save Sally is not impossible
autume -> Nienna - says she goes with her suspicion, which looks good at first glance, but on closer inspection: she only starts being suspicious of Nienna five minutes before her vote. She had been neutral in her book all the time before.
Brinn -> Nienna - this vote puts Nienna in the lead before Sally and is obviously suspicious. I might be paranoid, but her reasons look a bit fabricated.
Nerwen -> Sally - obviously makes her look good
alona -> Mac - throwaway vote without any reason. I think a librarian would have tried to make her vote look more polished.
Shasta -> Sally - innocent

which makes:

guilty:
autume

shady:
Brinn

unknown:
Fea
Boro
Nessa
(missing)

nice:
Hakon
Form
alona

innocent:
Nienna (also because of Sally's attempt to have her lynched)
Nerwen
Shasta
Old 08-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #112
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
His question was, if you're a wolf, why didn't I die? I was merely trying to point out that regardless of your role, it would be silly of wolves to kill me, but if you were a wolf, it would be really, really stupid.

You're not really, really stupid, are you?
No I'm not– or a wolf. Where, in all your explanations for your continued existence, is the simple, obvious one? I mean, yesterDay you say you voted me at random, but now you seem rather attached to the idea of my guilt, don't you?

EDIT:X'd with Mac.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #113
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Boro: Whoa, look at this, B: for once I'm not trying really hard to kill you right away. I reserve the right to change my mind, of course, but for now you seem pretty okay.~Fea
::chokes and dies on his chocolate chip pop-tart::

Ok...I lied maybe I didn't die, but still I choked.

Quote:
Funny you should say that Fea, because I was just making a post about how the person who most needs to explain himself at the moment is Boro.~Nerwen
I'm assuming you mean my wierd behavior towards sally...to which I will explain now, because it failed.

Usually I try to look like the seer, hoping the wolves bite for it. Last game Lalaith bit and had me killed. However, I started to think, anytime I do this seer thing, I always make it look like I've caught a wolf on Day 1. So, I wondered if the wolves would think it would be more believable if I 'dreamt' of an innocent on Day 1.

I had it narrowed down to a few, and was trying to think of some sort of good seerish hints to drop. So decided to use Princess Bride quotes. So, I picked sally as the fake dream, because of our history in the lover role, and I knew she'd get any PB reference.

My plan was of course assume sally was innocent, trust my innocence, but at the same time get the wolves to think I was the seer. Wierd I know, and well now they know I'm not the seer, so I kind of botched that. But I have more tricks and the 2-left will probably regret not killing me early.

It's interesting, I'm pretty confident in Fea's innocence, because whenever she's a wolf it always seems like I die early...much like Mith. But now that she is not after, I'm more worried. My one weakness in these things seems to be getting charmed too easily. Agan buttered me up then viciously killed me, and sally well I feel totally used.

Edit: crossed with everyone since Nerwen's 109
Old 08-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #114
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
yesterDay you say you voted me at random, but now you seem rather attached to the idea of my guilt, don't you?
You're behaving defensively, overreacting.

I am convinced of nobody's guilt, though now I'm leaning toward suspecting you heavily of harboring a guilty conscience.

And I would say, "Oh, or I might be alive because I'm a wolf," except that's so obvious it wasn't worth mentioning. Of course I might be a wolf. We all might be wolves.

I daresay if I'm a were-librarian, the seer will already have dreamed of me and the village is well shot of me as soon as xe comes forth with the declaration, "Mon Dieu! Fea is, yet again, a wolf! We must kill her now!"

However, it would be highly unlikely that would happen this game, what with me not being a wolf and all.

Are you done overreacting to my responses to people now?

I'm going to pick up our lovely moddesses from their respective bus stop and airport terminal. No telling when I'll return, but it will obviously be before deadline.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 08-05-2009 at 08:07 AM. Reason: x'd with Boro
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #115
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
It's interesting: the libarians have every reason to be very afraid of the gifteds in this game, yet they chose someone apparently for the single reason to not leave a trail. Are they that afraid to kill the snitch? Why not simply get rid of any of the Sally-voters, for example?
Well, they got their numbers reduced by a third on Day One, so maybe they wanted a certain kill last Night to even things up, rather than one that might well get blocked.

EDIT:X'd since my last post.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #116
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
And I would say, "Oh, or I might be alive because I'm a wolf," except that's so obvious it wasn't worth mentioning. Of course I might be a wolf. We all might be wolves.
No, no, the explanation to which I referred was that I hadn't killed you because I wasn't a wolf. That is indeed stating the obvious– but by leaving it out you made it look as if there were actually a case for me to answer.

Quote:
I daresay if I'm a were-librarian, the seer will already have dreamed of me and the village is well shot of me as soon as xe comes forth with the declaration, "Mon Dieu! Fea is, yet again, a wolf! We must kill her now!"

However, it would be highly unlikely that would happen this game, what with me not being a wolf and all.

Are you done overreacting to my responses to people now?
One of us is overreacting, but you know what? I'm not entirely sure it's me.

Look, I'm probing you for a reason, Fea. I'm currently starting to wonder if you might have been party to a Night conversation alone these lines:

"Let's not try for the Sally-voters– any of them could be protected, and we need to kill someone toNight. It'll be hard to get any of them lynched now, but we could try a wolf-on-wolf theory..."

Mind you, it would have been awfully brazen of you and Sally to go after me in unison yesterDay the way you did if you were her fellow... but I could see you doing it.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #117
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Usually I try to look like the seer, hoping the wolves bite for it. Last game Lalaith bit and had me killed. However, I started to think, anytime I do this seer thing, I always make it look like I've caught a wolf on Day 1. So, I wondered if the wolves would think it would be more believable if I 'dreamt' of an innocent on Day 1.

I had it narrowed down to a few, and was trying to think of some sort of good seerish hints to drop. So decided to use Princess Bride quotes. So, I picked sally as the fake dream, because of our history in the lover role, and I knew she'd get any PB reference.

My plan was of course assume sally was innocent, trust my innocence, but at the same time get the wolves to think I was the seer.
Well, I'll accept your explanation for the moment. I noticed your Seer-hints, by the way, but as Sally didn't look any too innocent to me, I guessed you were faking it... but I didn't know why.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #118
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I can't help but wonder about the kill choice. I agree that going after Sally-voters might have been risky because of the ranger. If another librarian received a vote, they might have shyed away from that person, too, because the argument "they thought s/he was the seer, let's lynch who s/he voted for" is so foreseeable. However, for that very reason, assuming they were clueless about the seer, why not take advantage of that and frame somebody? Instead they went for the second-most traditional kill strategy (kill the trailless, the first being: kill everyone who's after us). How did they think they would really benefit from this choice? I mean, we managed to be fairly successful yesterday without any trail on Day1! I keep on thinking they made a poor choice, which makes me believe in inexperienced librarians. Then again, wouldn't that make a relatively weak librarian team? Hmm.....
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #119
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Quote:
Brinn -> Nienna - this vote puts Nienna in the lead before Sally and is obviously suspicious. I might be paranoid, but her reasons look a bit fabricated.
While reading through what's been said, this caught my attention, and I thought it might be helpful if I went back to put up what Brinn said before.

Quote:
I'm here, I'm here. And a bit behind, I must say. I've hardly had time to catch up. I have no idea who to lynch so it's best I make a list...

Who I like:

Who I hate:
Sally
Fea
Hakon
Boro
Autume
Nerwen
Nessa Telrunya
Wilwa
Nienna
Mac
Shasta
Formendacil
Alonariel

In summary, I hate everyone. But unfortunately that won't help me come to a decision.

Give me a few more minutes to decide who I hate more. Be afraid...be very afraid.
Quote:
Alright, I've come to the best decision that I can in less than a half hour.

++Nienna

It's actually not random; I do have a reason (surprise!). Taking a look at her posts, particularly her vote post, she makes me uneasy. It's something about her word choices; they seem carefully placed and her behaviour just reminds me of wolves from the past.

Oh sure, I'll probably get Night-killed for being so quiet toDay. And if not, you all will suspect me for saying so. Meh. I don't care what you all do. I'm going back to my corner to brood in my own thoughts. So keep away.

EDIT: X-ed from the top of this page

So I went back to see Nienna's vote post as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
The pull of sleep is calling me.

A few things before I go

1. Mac on Lists: I think he makes a really good point about the listers (if they are wolves) not wanting to leave out a fellow wolf. On the other hand it is something a really sneaky wolf might do. It gives a lot of deniability later when they can be like "I didn't even think to put them on my first list." Just a thought

++Sally

She seems (out of everyone) the most wolf-like to me. She mentioned books a few times and even some better books to kill with.

3. Goodnight.
But Nienna's reasoning doesn't sound particularly wolfish to me, and she voted to kill Sally when it would've been easier to vote Nerwen, who already had two votes at the time.

But that's just what it looked like. I'd be glad to hear everyone's thoughts on this.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #120
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I keep on thinking they made a poor choice, which makes me believe in inexperienced librarians. Then again, wouldn't that make a relatively weak librarian team? Hmm.....~Mac
Well it is a trailless kill, because wilwa absolutely suspected no one, but that doesn't mean she was killed solely for the reason of leaving no trail. Could be to cause confusion, could be they thought she wouldn't be an easy lynch target, and wanted to keep around people who would. I think it's a bit premature to declare the remaining wolves are inexperienced, because it was a no-trail kill. It was one kill, we can't detect patterns (plans) until there's what...2 bits of info? 3?

When I get back, I'm going to go through the voting yesterday, but I don't know when that will be. There's several errands I've been putting off, so at least a few hours.

Edit: crossed with Nessa.