The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2003, 07:28 PM   #1
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe FotR EE, TTT EE, AND RotK!!??

I've heard rumours (my brother said he was 99% sure of it...) that the FotR EE, TTT EE, & RotK will be released in all theaters that want them...to be seen all at once on one ticket!? I'd guess there'd be an intermission in between each film (for obvious reasons ), but can anyone give me a negative or positive on this for sure?
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 07:32 PM   #2
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's a fact.<P>Here's the list of American theaters participating.<P><A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net/trilogy/theaters.html" TARGET=_blank>List from OneRing</A><P>Apparently other countries will be participating as well, but no word yet of places.<P>Editted to add: Actually, the list is from lordoftherings.net.<P>H.C.<p>[ October 04, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 10-05-2003, 11:25 AM   #3
Beth the Elf
Pile O'Bones

Beth the Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beth the Elf
Sting

I heard that all 3 films together are only going to be in a few theaters. FotR EE and TTT EE are gonna be in more places. Not anywhere near me though
Beth the Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:43 AM   #4
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That sounds like a great idea to me, unfortunately there aren't any theatres near me who are going to do that.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:10 PM   #5
balrogman
Wight

balrogman has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

is there any thaters in canada doin it?
Old 10-05-2003, 12:25 PM   #6
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm Canadian as well Balrogman. From what I've read there will be but the list has not been out yet. I think it's a call of the individual theatres involved. Hopefully, we'll find out soon.<P>As for myself, work and family makes this pretty much a no go for me in either case. Maybe we'll do our own little trilogy day at home when we plan to go see the movie.<P>H.C.<p>[ October 05, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 10-05-2003, 01:27 PM   #7
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

The theatre list is posted over at the <a href="http://www.lordoftherings.net">Official Fan Page</a>, so you can go there to check for a theatre near you.<BR>If you live in Canada... you could always consider going to <a href="http://www.tolkiengathering.com">The Gathering of the Fellowship</a>.<BR>The info I have received on the event is as follows...<P>~Tickets go on sale this Thursday, October 9th at 1pm Eastern time.<BR>~They will be only available on the internet for the first 24hours (places like Moviefone, Movietickets, and Fandango).<BR>~After those 24 hours the remaining tickets will be sold at the box office.<BR>~The ticket price will be $30 (this is for an AMC in Chicago... I don't know if it will differ in other areas)<BR>~There is a 10 ticket per transaction limit (also in accordance to an AMC in Chicago, but I think this may be for everywhere).
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 10:04 AM   #8
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

*snork* There's only one theater in Utah doing it. And, happily, that theater is right near me! *skips along happily*<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-06-2003, 11:46 AM   #9
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

It's true, Only Real Estel, I heard it just a few days ago.<P>*flings hat up in the air and actually catches it* <I>Whoo hoooo!</I> <P>It's playing at the Mills! If I'm not working I'm going to go!

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 10:10 PM   #10
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Just to make sure we're on the same page here...I've heard 2 different stories:<P>#1- Before RotK comes out, the Extended Versions of FotR & TTT will be released in certain threaters (or cinema, whichever you prefer).<P>#2- Extended Versions of FotR & TTT will be released for viewing along with RotK on one ticket.<P>My brother didn't seem to think you guys got what I was talking about, so this post is just to clarify...so HC: is that list you posted (2nd post overall) for #1, or #2? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:51 AM   #11
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

I am in the planning stages for the "official" Houston ROTK Line Party, so I've got as much of the scoop as is available. Here is the timeline:<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI><B>DECEMBER 5:</B> Fellowship of the Ring, Extended Edition is released to theatres. From the Fandango website: <I>"For one week starting December 5, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring – Special Extended Edition brings additional footage to the big screen for the first and only time."</I><P><LI><B>DECEMBER 12:</B> The Two Towers, Extended Edition is released to theatres. Again, from Fandango: <I>From December 12-15, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers – Special Extended Edition brings additional footage to the big screen for the first and only time. </I><P><LI><B>DECEMBER 16:</B> On Trilogy Tuesday, New Line Cinema presents an unprecedented marathon of back-to-back presentations of the Extended Editions of the first two films in Peter Jackson's ''The Lord of the Rings'' trilogy -- ''The Fellowship of the Ring'' and ''The Two Towers'' -- followed by a special early screening of ''The Return of the King. This is a limited engagement, limited to certain theatres and cities. <A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net/trilogy/theaters.html" TARGET=_blank>Click here for the list of theatres and cities.</A><P><LI><B>DECEMBER 17:</B> At 12:01am, Return of the King begins it's official run. Expect a run on Kleenex sales after the show.<BR></UL><P>I expect that sales of these tickets will be VERY brisk. At this writing, ticket sales are set to begin October 9.<P>I hope that clears things up.<p>[ October 07, 2003: Message edited by: Thenamir ]
Old 10-07-2003, 12:36 PM   #12
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Where can I get these tickets on Oct. 9th?
Old 10-07-2003, 12:53 PM   #13
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, being in England... <P>Nope, no idea where you buy them. The cinema showing it maybe?
Old 10-07-2003, 02:59 PM   #14
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The cinema showing it maybe?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, I'm sure I could get them there . But I live about 2-3 hours away from the closest cinema that is showing them, & I want to get a ticket in advance...
Old 10-07-2003, 03:21 PM   #15
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

The Only Real Estel, I am informed that these tickets will be available on October 9th online-only for at least 24 hours, then at the box offices of the respective theatres. The different movie chains use different online ticket services -- AMC uses MovieTickets.com, Edwards/Regal seems to use Fandango.com -- check your theatre's online website for where they sell their online tickets.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:30 PM   #16
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Noooooooooooo!!!!!! I just went online to buy tickets for Trilogy Tuesday and... they're sold out!!! No!!!! They went on sale here at 9:00 a.m. at the box office and now it's 3:00 p.m., and they're sold out! Dang it! I should have tried to get them while I was at school or something! *sigh*, all of you that got tickets i hope you have a blast! And remember poor little Enoreiel who tried to buy tickets a bit too late. , I think i'll just go and sob in a corner now...

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 05:53 PM   #17
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<B>THE ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME TRILOGY SCREENING OPPORTUNITY: THE CONTINUING SAGA: PART ONE:</B><P>If they're sold out in Olathe, Kansas (small enough place that they <I>shouldn't</I> be), I'm going to be soooo mad. Especially 'cause my Dad is trying to put it off, & if they're gone it won't be <B>my</B> fault! <P><B>TO BE CONTINUED...</B><p>[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
Old 10-09-2003, 06:17 PM   #18
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

WAAAAAAAA!!!!! Enorëiel, this sucks so bad!!! I can't believe they sold out already! I just went to check and they were GONE!!! Dude, we gotta band together and go see the EV's singly, at the least. That's at least better than nothing...<P>DEATH! DEATH TAKE US ALL!!!<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-09-2003, 06:53 PM   #19
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Sting

<B>CONTINUATION:</B><P>Well...I might brake down a couple times here, but bare with my...*sniff.<P>First of all, I had passed stage one of the ticket process, so obviously there were still tickets. I than continued to stage two of the process...I had half of it filled out when I ran it past my dad. He hesitated a bit (for some un-known reason, he was completly open to it 3 minutes ago), & said he had to think about it for a second. 5 minutes later he comes back & starts making waffles for supper, telling me 'not to bother him while he's working'. So I wait...& wait..etc. Then the browser crashes so I get back into it & prepare to ask my dad for his credit card # (which I will not utter here ). All of a sudden I realize I can no longer get past stage one, & that the tickets were sold out. My dad didn't take me seriously when I said we'd be lucky if the tickets weren't <I>already</I> sold out, so he stalled. & now I'm on the outside looking in (sobbing uncontrolably by now) . That's what happened with me...& I took forever to write it.<P>P.S. I'm going to call the theater & ask if they have any other showings, but I think it's futile .
Old 10-10-2003, 04:03 PM   #20
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Here, let me pour salt on the wound.<P>I got tickets, but it does cost a lot, and I have to go to school the next day, after a 3 and a half hour movie that starts at 10:30 at night. <P>But, they are three separate tickets, and they each cost around $8.50. So...it's a good amount of money. I'm hoping their not going to make you leave the theater after each movie and wait in line all over again, as there is an hour break in between each. Plus, there's only one other person who is my 'peer' that is going with me. Not under the circumstances I'd like, but...I'm going! <P>Anyone else able to? Or is it all just sad stories, like Estel's. *sniff*
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 07:23 PM   #21
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Not you too Sapphire_Flame!!!!! No!!!! I thought for sure that at least you'd get them! AH! I swear it's Saruman again! It's always him! So we have at least three people that couldn't get tickets! (Sorry to hear about your story The Only Real Estel! That's so sad!) Think if we try we can get them to open more theaters to show Trilogy Tuesday? Eh! Probably not but.... <P>At least you got tickets Durelin, that's awesome! I'd be more then happy to be a walking zombie at school if it meant the night before I could have been watching FOTR, TTT, AND ROTK!!! Lucky!!!!

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 03:00 PM   #22
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Wow, I thought I was the only one, but it looks like the tickets are probably sold out all over the country! I called the theater today to see about the prices, and the first thing they say is "LOTR Triple Tuesday...Sold out!" <P>I was about to die. I just found out about the event yesterday, found out what theater was showing it today, and two minutes later I find out that it's sold out. Not cool at all. But ya know, I guess I'm in the same dilemma as half of you all are. So just remember...on December 16th, when you are sitting at home, bored, with nothing to do, there are others who share your pain.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 10:54 PM   #23
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

Yeah, the event is sold out at the theaters participating near my house. It sucks. Oh well...my friend and I will just have to settle going to the midnight showing of ROTK.
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Artalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 07:26 PM   #24
Melichus
Haunting Spirit

Melichus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I didn't get that "triple Tuesday" thing, but I got individual screenings of FOTR and TTT on Dec. 6 and 12, respectively. Remember that even if you couldn't get the triple-kazaam-blowout showing on the 16th, you can opt for the individual screenings, which are almost as good. After all, it's still the <B>only time</B> you will see the extended versions on a <B>theatre-sized screen</B>, even if they aren't strung out together.
"The other [theme] had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony...and it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice, but it seemed that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern..."
Melichus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 05:05 PM   #25
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Any of you Californians living by Bakersfield should try there. We got ours there (for a fairly good price) but they had the wrong theatre listed, but a little searching on the internet should fix that problem (heck, my dad did it and we don't even live there).

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 04:46 PM   #26
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Ah, they are.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 05:55 PM   #27
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Ah, they are.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>lol, if that was in answer to my <I>original</I> question, then I've already figured that out . If you read my (& a few others) heart-broken post a few posts up I think you'll see that .
Old 10-18-2003, 07:16 PM   #28
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Silmaril

I tried to scour for tickets in my area on Ebay... and I found them... for $227.... my mother laughed in my face as I groveled and begged... so no trilogy tuesday for me either...
Old 10-18-2003, 08:42 PM   #29
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Not to be an unwelcome ray of sunshine in an area of clouds, but at least there are alot of LOTR fans out there. <BR>Then again, perhaps alot of scalpers too. I personally wasn't planning on going to view the Trilogy Tuesday, but all of you who were planning on it and were denied, you have my sympathy.<BR>Peace
Old 10-20-2003, 07:02 PM   #30
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>$227<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>!? I guess there's money to be made on it...I was going to get mine for $25. It wasn't the best theater, but it was middle-class+.