The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2003, 01:06 AM   #1
Antien
Animated Skeleton

Antien has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe LOTR nicknames!

Okay, short and to the point. if you have a LOTRish nickname, tell us. if you have given someone a LOTR nickname, tell us. If you have heard a LOTR nickname tell us. Getit, gotit, good.

Antien=cram
fraul=pipeweed
sillabub=entwash
Elyse=lembas / legolas (just in the archery p.e. unit)

Okay, your turn!

[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: Antien ]
Old 06-07-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I always stand up for my friend (who is also short, but is far cuter than me) when my other friends call her a smurf. I say "NO! She's a Hobbit! Hobbit Hobbit Hobbit!" So maybe that counts. My friend Katherine kinda looks like Arwen, so we've taken on the roles and we sign letters as either "Eowyn" or "Arwen".
Old 06-07-2003, 12:43 PM   #3
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

I actually know someone who's name is Arwen, no lie.
Anyway, there's this guy at my school who has a strange resemblence to Frodo. So, we call him Hobbit boy.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:15 PM   #4
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nobody gives me nicknames, except perhaps you guys secretly call me Denethor Freak Girl...

I call myself Eowyn due to my resemblance of her. Or I call myself Lady Thalia (it is related to Lotr, but its my own name).

Oh... I do have a nickname but its only used after watching Lotr at the cinema. Due to my considerably faster pace than my friends, it is customary for me, on the way home, to turn back to my two friends and say "Come on, hobbitses, long way to go yet!" I also look surprisingly like Gollum, and funnily my two friends look remarkably like Frodo and Sam. So we act out little scenarios from the movie and call each other by the character names.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:12 PM   #5
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Everyone calls me Ara, if that counts. Oh! And I've dubbed all my friends with elven or hobbit names from the books!
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 02:52 PM   #6
Elentarimir
Wight

Elentarimir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elentarimir
Sting

Me and Arestevana came up with our names ages ago, and we sign SOME notes to each other with these names. They ARE names that we created from the back of the Silm. if that counts as Tolkien....
Old 06-07-2003, 03:38 PM   #7
Arawethiel
Animated Skeleton

Arawethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmm, after I saw the Fellowship in the movie theatre I got the idea to start calling my cat precious as a joke. *shrugs* I know it's weird but I get a kick out of it. It amuses me because most people would call their pets that name for its meaning and all the time I do it I'm thinking about LOTR.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:37 PM   #8
Artanis
Haunting Spirit

Location: The Wild (I just love solar powered computers, don't you?
Artanis has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow! Other people like me who constantly annoy their friends with Tolkein names! YES!!!!! Anyway, I do my best to get people to call me Artanis, which is the Elvish translation of meh real name (and a lot easier to pronounce than Celelalaith, which is what I was calling mehself earlier). I also have a friend that is constantly hurting herself, and once I mentioned to her that I knew the Elvish for hop-a-long (Labadalh) and now she jokes that I should call her that. Also, as I give codenames to all the guys I like, I generally draw from Tolkein. So far there has been Morfindel, who had black hair, and meh current crush, who is simply referred to as "Hobbit". (I love his hobbit-hair) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2003, 10:06 AM   #9
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

**Coughs and brings out a list several pages long** Right!

First of all theres me! All of my friends call me SAM because of my general hobbityness. Well, SAM or el hobbity one. Nicola calls me Feamorer (One dark spirit) sometimes. She's a character from one of my fan fictions. I have changed the spelling of my own name from Eleanor to Elanor, but I don't know if that counts. Then there's Elanorelf, Willowelf and SAMhobbit which are all things I call myself.

THEN there's Leo. Sometimes known as Arwen, but only if you have a death wish. So I call her Luthien the rabid elf. Don't ask me where that came from.

Also there's Jenny, or Mim the rabid dwarf. And while I'm doing the rabid stuff I'm sometimes called the rabid hobbit!

I think thats it... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2003, 02:23 PM   #10
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Ring

That reminds me, some of my friends refer to me as "Frodo Lover" or "Mrs. Baggins". I don't find the need to explain why.

Sometimes I call my cat Smeagol. She reminds me alot of Gollum. It's kinda scary, I'm her "precioussss".
Old 06-08-2003, 02:25 PM   #11
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, one of my cats used to be like Gollum. Now she's a cross between Eowyn and Denethor so I call her Eothor.

My other cat is extremely sluggish so I call him Treebeard.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:39 PM   #12
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Oh, one of my cats used to be like Gollum. Now she's a cross between Eowyn and Denethor so I call her Eothor.
Eothor? Scary, a sheildmaiden that chases Ring Wraiths with Torches, Cigarrete lighters and Swords. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2003, 09:54 PM   #13
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
Very scary indeed!!!!!

Back to the topic, my friend Meri and I are kind of...uh....whats that word...oh yes, obssessed...with Gollum so as a Joke I started calling her Smeagol, then she called me Gollum and in art about a week ago we discovered I have blue eyes and she has green...creepy huh?!!!
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 02:56 PM   #14
Nuinatariel
Haunting Spirit

Nuinatariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

My Elvish nickname is Lëowen, but so far the only people who actually call me by it are the people on Imladris and Bree.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:20 PM   #15
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

For quite a while after we saw FotR together, my close friend called me "Frodo" and I called her "Sam". She is exactly the kind of person who would jump into a river chasing a friend, refusing to let them leave.

Lately she calls me "Bolco"...
Old 06-09-2003, 03:30 PM   #16
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

A good friend of mine has the initials G.A.F., and I've taken to calling him 'Gaffer'. It's pretty amusing since he has no idea about the LOTR connection. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Peace
Old 06-09-2003, 03:37 PM   #17
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I hope none of you know my boyfriend, and that he doesn't read this, because he would kill me for it, but I do call him "my precious" sometimes. And sometimes in the Gollum-voice.

Lindril (blushing furiously) Arvilya
Old 06-12-2003, 12:37 PM   #18
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

One of my friends at school calls me either Elkamia or Elf-Girl. I made up the first one myself, and she's never let me forget it!

Sometimes I hiss 'my precioussssssssssss', and get strange looks from my gang! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 09:44 PM   #19
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow......so much to write, so little time.

*cracks knucles*

I call my best friend (and my litle brother) Stinker, because she's too loud to call slinker. My official nickname is Kar,altough I'd rather it be Elvish, and my insignia is the weeping sun. Kinda odd...

My Grandmother calls me Arwen,(I resent that) and she says I look like her too.

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
what is this world coming to.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:59 AM   #20
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My friends refer to me as "of the vala" to go with my first nickname Scarlett after Scarlett in gone with the wind (i love old movies you see.) so that roughly translates to

"Scarlett of the Vala" not very origional i know, but blame the friends!...

I have a friend called sam.. not related to LOTR, her name is just sam... hehehe

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 03:25 AM   #21
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I would call my dog samwise, because she is so much like him, but my brother thinks it would confuse her...
If i gave any of my friends elvish names, theyd call me weird...now why would they say that... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Btw, Antien, You've seen that court jester movie havent you! The one where everytime someone clicks their fingers he changes personalities!!! I love that movie!!!
~nat~
Old 06-13-2003, 06:19 AM   #22
Mordor_Queen
Haunting Spirit

Mordor_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

mines my username! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2003, 01:48 PM   #23
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mine's not! I have a friend called Sam too!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 11:18 AM   #24
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Due to my height, I get called hobbit quite alot! Also, elf-girl.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:25 AM   #25
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Sting

I am alternately called Pippin, and Pip, and refer to myself as a Hobbit. I named my really tall friend Strider because she walks really fast and has really long legs. I am Pippin because I am a lot like him: often foolish and in trouble, and also the most innocent and slightly naive of the group. hehehe I'm very short (I'm 15 years old and am 4 feet 11 and 3/4 inches!) so that's where hobbit comes from. I love being called Pippin! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2003, 01:49 PM   #26
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

One time I was concluding that I was part hobbit. (For my shorter than average height, and BIG feet). A youth leader at my church said I must be decended from the Proudfoots. (Proudfeet!) Anyway she called me that until she forgot about the whole situation.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:00 PM   #27
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I've been routinely called either Elf or Hobbit, depending on who I'm around. (I'm 15 and 5'2") I'm usually a Hobbit when I'm around my 6'2" friend who looks like a much younger, more adorable version of Faramir (except with blue eyes). When I'm around other friends, they call me the Elf or Furkey the Elf (from my "initials" FRQ, First Ruling Queen), because apparently I look like an Elf (even though I'm about a foot too short).
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 04:27 PM   #28
Daewen
Wight

Location: Stuck inside an Aquafina bottle...HELP! ...seriously, I'm getting claustrophobic
Daewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daewen
Sting

My friends and I give each other Elvish names. I'm the elf in our group, and I'm Daewen obviously, my friend Meghan (the human in the group) is Arluin, my friend Nicole (who is actually the dwarf of the group but we gave her an elvish name anywas) is Celebondune and my friend Hailey (one of the biggest Hobbit's you'll ever meet. she's short and even has hairy feet. not as hairy as they were in the movie, but still noticably hairy) is Anodian.
Daewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:25 PM   #29
Saurannûn the Wood Elf
Haunting Spirit

Saurannûn the Wood Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Saurannûn the Wood Elf
Well, my friends Eric, Brad, and Kory call me Elfie, because when we were on a group trip my family took them to see LOTR (this was just when the Fellowship came out). Eric insisted I look like Arwen (well, not really, just kinda because all the other elves had blonde hair), and still thinks I look like one. I say that's DEFINITELY not an insult! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 08:51 PM   #30
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

One of my friend's calls me Aragorn once in a while... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Just cause of my LotR obsession. Once in a while I almost call my friend Maya kittiewhirl, cause she's kittiewhirl on here... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 06-19-2003, 07:55 PM   #31
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
Sting

Quote:
I hope none of you know my boyfriend, and that he doesn't read this, because he would kill me for it, but I do call him "my precious" sometimes. And sometimes in the Gollum-voice.
Like she said. I hope none of you know my boyfriend (except macaroni) and that he NEVER reads or hears about this, but I also sometimes call him my precious too!!!
Old 06-20-2003, 04:11 PM   #32
Dimple Took

Tolkien

My bestest friend calls me Gollum, and you guessed it, she's Smeagol. Also, I get called "Hobbit" or "Hobbit Lass" all the time cause I'm only four feet ten inches tall. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] HEEHEEHEE!! A little short smiley!
Old 06-20-2003, 04:36 PM   #33
Mippin
Pile O'Bones

Mippin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mippin
Sting

Well, I don't really have a LoTR nickname... but I did name the voices in my head!! One of them is named Mippin, and I think he has gotten the most renoun...then after him there's Frodalf, and Pipdalf, and Pipwise, and Frippin, and Frerry....*drones on and on*

But to stay on topic here, I kinda nicknamed myself the Elvish Hobbit.. (also my name on Imladris)I can't decide which I like more, elves of hobbits, sooo I just crossed the two.. strange I know, but it's my nature [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ June 20, 2003: Message edited by: Mippin ]
Mippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 05:14 PM   #34
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My three friends and I went as Elves for Halloween, and since we were running a carnival for little kids they made us were nametags, so we used our elvish names. Kris was Nienor, and Kayla was something else that I don't remember. Mine was my username. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2003, 05:58 PM   #35
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Very similar to Who are we? started by the guy who be short...anyhow.

In my accepted circle of friends I am She-That-Knows-All-About-LOTR-with-its-Factors-and-Figures--roughly translated--Er-ya-hanya-arda-ar-i-lie

I know, I know, I wish I had a cute hobbity nickname like the rest of ye do. Mine's all long and serious. I don't give anyone nicknames, I call them by their last name.

But if I did give nicknames... Elijah--who has short, very curly, very light blond coloured hair; is tall; and relatively dark skin--would be a Woodland Elf...yes, yes, Legolas. Jessica would be Luthien--because she's pretty and it's not fair. Bari would be Wife of Gimli because she's short, stocky, extremely hilarious, and very tempramental. Adam--who is Frodo's doppelganger--would be...Frodo. And Chris is definitely Tom Bombadil, for reasons beyond explanation.

I am a Bothersome Maiar, nicknamed Kelly the Green. If that isn't corny, then I don't know what is but everyone laughs when that story is brought up...oh me.

-Maikafanawen
Old 06-22-2003, 09:42 PM   #36
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Maiar is the plural. Maia is singular, but anyway...

I go by Tinuviel, to which I answer better than to my real name. I call my baby sister Elfie because, well, just because. (My best friend is Miriel, only she doesn't answer to that, just Zel Ladrona which isn't LotR related...Ok, I'll shut up now.)
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 11:03 AM   #37
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I call a really short girl in Cadets "Hobbit". And I call my friend Ellen "Elen". I don't have a LotR nickname... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 08:42 AM   #38
Lucinda
Animated Skeleton

Lucinda has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Whenever people ask me to sign their yearbook, I sign with either Nilannuel(Elvish translation of my name) for my close friends, or elf hobbit creature for everyone else! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 09:55 AM   #39
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have christened myself Becka Hobbit!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 08:08 AM   #40
Galenfea of Mirkwood.
Wight

Location: Road2Rivendell: 250miles (somewhere near Weathertop)
Galenfea of Mirkwood. has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I've got a rather short friend that I call Perian, does that count?
Galenfea of Mirkwood. is offline   Reply With Quote