The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2023, 06:49 PM   #1
Alassë Estel
Wight

Alassë Estel has just left Hobbiton.
The One Animated Film To Rule Them All

In my travels through deep, dark forgotten threads from ages past, I am surprised that I have seen nothing of, what is perhaps, the single greatest Middle Earth animation. So, I shall now remedy that.

The music, the visuals, the dialogue, and the utmost attention to detail, come together to create a spectacular film, which is most certainly deserving of recognition along side such gems as "Rings of Power".

I now present for your viewing pleasure: The Lord of the Beans

https://youtu.be/h8uhIO2JCjQ
John 3:16
Alassë Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 03:31 PM   #2
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Lord of the Cringe

Might have been funny if half an hour shorter.

What struck me as strange was that none of the Baggypantses actually wear any pants, baggy or not. But then I suppose that a talking asparagus "has no pants, needs no pants".

Also from the moment Legolas joins the fellowship the whole quest goes pear-shaped.
Old 07-01-2023, 05:21 PM   #3
Alassë Estel
Wight

Alassë Estel has just left Hobbiton.
I think it may indeed be extended a bit too much, perhaps to hit a predetermined run-time (one might say, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread).

But I am, however, entirely at a loss as to why you would choose to single out Leg-o-lamb as the weak link in the chain.

By the way, my personal favorite character is the eagle upon whom the fellowship attempts to make their escape.
John 3:16
Alassë Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 03:24 AM   #4
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alassë Estel View Post
But I am, however, entirely at a loss as to why you would choose to single out Leg-o-lamb as the weak link in the chain.
No special antipathy, I just can't resist a cheap pun when it offers itself. (He was supposed to be a pear, wasn't he? Or a lemon? I've got to admit I couldn't stomach sitting through the whole thing but fast-forwarded a lot, so I may have missed some details.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alassë Estel View Post
By the way, my personal favorite character is the eagle upon whom the fellowship attempts to make their escape.
Yes, and that solves the ages-old question of why they didn't just fly the eagles to Mount Doom. "Dammit, Jim, I'm a bird, not a taxi!"