The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2002, 04:48 AM   #1
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Holiday

I was wondering what you guys though about books for the holidays? i have limited packing space and can't fit in my whole ME collection so which is most important? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2002, 08:17 AM   #2
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I took my three LotR paperbacks along on vacation - I find that I always enjoy rereading them, finding something new and fresh each time. And I did take notes for good themes and posting ideas for the Downs! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] For just sheer reading enjoyment, the book itself beats all the reference material, IMO.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 11:46 AM   #3
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would recommend you to take The Hobbit, LOTR and The Silmarillion with you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
If you don´t have space enough for all those, then I suggest you choose yourself. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote