The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2003, 04:15 PM   #361
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

For all of you who are finishing my 12 Days of RotK, feel free, but just so you know, I already had them all written out, so I will continue to do so. <P>On the seventh day of waiting, an elf-lord gave to me: Seven Umbar Corsairs, six oliphants, FIVE SEABIRD WINGS! Four knights of Gondor, three dormant rings, two midnight shows and a king come to set the world free. (Note: I already did the 9 Nazgul in my 12 Days of LotR last year, so I didn't want to repeat)<P>Now, big long post coming, so ye brave ones, get ready to stick it out. See, I can't read all of the responses online, not all at one time. So I save the site and then read it later when I have more time. Here goes.<P>Unable to read through all the responses until now (my, how Christmas can be busy), I thought that, five days from the RotK release, I’d post my responses to some of the posts here.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> There are a lot of little details you never see in the movie that prove how much Peter loved the stories. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I would have liked to have seen them!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You did! I’m talking small things, like Dwarf runes in Moria, like the subtle things of Rohan designs. Like references to the older ages of the world. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I think Bakshi did a better job of Fellowship in an hour than Jackson did in 3+. The scene with Frodo, Bilbo, and the Ring stands out as a point where Jackson showed his amateurishness: the Bakshi version is a strong, moving scene of pathos, Jackson's is a silly, badly done cheap shock. Again, Bakshi's battle at Weathertop is actually quite atmospheric and spooky while Jackson's is the Keystone Kops in cloaks (or Kloaks).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I really don’t know who this Bakshi is that you like so much, but if you like him, go on back to him.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The only problem is the director and his total lack of sympathy or understanding for the story's meaning and the characters' development. We don't need Bilbo's bug eyes, Frodo being rescued, Gandalf hiding behind doors in storms and scaring Frodo into an early grave, badly designed wargs, even MORE false deaths, breakdancing wizards with continuity errors, dwarf-tossing jokes, suicidal Elronds, Sauron playing golf, skateboarding elves, horses charging pikes down cliffs, extra bonus orc characters, people being rescued by balrogs, ninja hobbit fighting machines and all the rest of it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don’t really have a major quarrel with you personally, but your statement that Peter Jackson had no sympathy or understanding for story meaning/character development reflects a lack of attention on your part, as well as prior bias. I also think you set yourself a standard that no one could come close to.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The Bakshi version is awful. Okay, it gets points for being amusing, but still; it left out so many parts of the story, some of which PJ left in, I might add, and some of the changes were absolutely horrendous.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I’ve never seen this Bakshi dude, or his film. (Play?) I think that it sounds like a unique adaptation that might please a very select body of Tolkien fans, and if some like it, then you have full rights to like it. Just don’t knock that which the rest of us happen to enjoy, okay?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I think you need to give PJ a little more credit. It would be incredibly hard to film the Books exactly; and PJ did the best he could. Sure, some of his alterations weren't the best, but he did what he thought would appeal to the audience. I'll admit, I'm annoyed about a few of the changes myself, such as the removal of the Scouring from the next movie, but I do acknowledge that it takes a lot of work to bring such a deep and complex work of literature to the screen, and so some allowance should be given.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ditto. We must also remember that Peter Jackson is NOT a separate entity all his own. While this Bakshi fellow may have been sole owner and director, etc., he couldn’t hold a candle to the resources Peter Jackson has. But even he had to answer to someone higher up, and he had to prove himself to the studio company. If it hadn’t met with their approval (and remember that, while upsetting Tolkien Purists it was BECAUSE of some of the minor changes that Lord of the Rings enjoys the success it has today. I can prove this merely by a show of hands who has heard of Bakshi versus Peter Jackson!) then the Lord of the Rings movies that we know today would not be here.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Fair enough. Just pointing at the Emperor's clothes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hm, that’s interesting. I almost wonder if, in this case, fools CAN’T see them! Sorry, honestly, I do not mean personal offense to Pandora. But I take note of the fact that millions love (and pay to see) PJ’s Lord of the Rings. And he DOES in fact have clothes. While some may not particularly enjoy the style, most like them. (They like them to the tune of $32 Million – that’s the sum that is expected for Peter Jackson to earn)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm always inclined to laugh at the Nazgul. They act like escapees from a leper colony.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Where do all these dissenters come from? I thought the Nazgûl were done pretty doggone well. That happens to be what they look like in the books, unless you put the Ring on.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Like, I really can't handle the whole warg attack and "death" of Aragorn, and some people thought the scene was well done and enjoyed it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, the imagined “death” scene didn’t really happen in the books, you’re right. I think Peter Jackson did that just because he wanted to surprise/shock fans who’d already read the books and figured they knew every move before it was made. But I thought the wargs were brilliant. Seeing as how they were not actually there! What did you want, giant dogs? First, Hulk already did that, and second, you’d complain because they only looked like giant dogs. I don’t recall Tolkien describing wargs to a T.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I don't think it needs a prologue and I don't find the one in the Book particularly good (nor did JRRT for that matter). Without the one in the films the story regains its brilliant musical flow from the light, carefree world of the hobbits gradually through more and more moments of discord to the dark, deep, brassy notes of the mountains of Mordor (in the book even the vocabulary changes from the start to the end; the words themselves get heavier as Frodo struggles with the ring). The prologue just confuses this and all the material in it that was needed could have been in Elrond's flashback.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>But since we don’t like Elrond, that wouldn’t have worked, now would it? I don’t think you guys are being realistic. This movie would not have had the success it had if it had been changed drastically from the version it is today. <I>I</I> find myself needing a prologue before explaining something to the uninitiated. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Maybe but at least it was a subtle evokation of struggling wills, not "I'm a great wizard; eat knuckles you old fool". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I’m about to shock you, so get ready. Some of the changes, such as the wizard duel, were for the better in my mind. Yes, they may actually differ from the book. But in the book, Gandalf was “taken” and put on top of the tower. As great of a wizard as Gandalf was, he would not have been imprisoned without some sort of fight!! It may be a little unrealistic that it was just Saruman that took him, even though he was powerful enough. The other change that was better in my mind was that Narsil stayed in Rivendell. Aragorn was a Ranger in the wilds for a while, and could not have abided using a broken sword for defense. Not to mention the 800-year-old heirloom doesn’t belong getting rained on, and your average wear and tear in the wild.<P>[quote] I found that a few years ago; it's very good. But Bakshi still did a better job. Especially given his circumstances. [/quote<P>This is a matter of opinion, and I think you’ll find you’re vastly outnumbered to the opposite. I’m sorry to hear about your cat, and I hope you don’t feel like we all hate you for disagreeing. It’s your opinion, and your right to hold it, but it’s also our right to oppose your opinion, and to tell you why. <P>Meantime, folks, it’s only five days until the RotK release! Are we pumped, or WHAT? I’ve already got my costume ready (fabric resembling a chain mail shirt, a tunic, a cloak, vambraces, and an Elven Broach), and as I speak, I am sitting on my tickets. (They’re in my wallet) This movie is gonna be really awesome. And I think we’re a testament to our own will power to wait. I started this thread, what, back in September? Give yourselves a round of applause!<P>Oh, and by the way? I'm on Eastern time zone, so I will see it way before you all on the West Coast! Ha!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 05:13 PM   #362
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Omg... I almost actually fainted.<P>There is now an official <A HREF="http://www.johnnoble.net" TARGET=_blank>John Noble</A> site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>With 5 whole days to get through until I see him on the big screen, this should just about keep me going
Old 12-12-2003, 06:00 PM   #363
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<B>My dad finally got our tickets!!!!</B> Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Because he waited so long, all the theaters remotely near our house are sold out, so we have to go to one that's rather far away. The only showing s they had were 5 and 8 pm, so we're going at 8, which means it won't be over 'til 11:30. I just have to finish hemming my dress this weekend. Oh, they just had a thing on the radio about RotK . <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oh, and by the way? I'm on Eastern time zone, so I will see it way before you all on the West Coast! Ha! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> *sticks tongue out at Knight* I'm in the central time zone so it won't be quite as long for me. <P>Only 4 days, 2 hours, and 18 minutes until I get to see RotK!! <p>[ 11:37 PM December 19, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 12-12-2003, 08:24 PM   #364
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

4...days...the number of lembas Pippin ate, and coincidentally one of my favorite numbers(after 3, though I don't like 2 much (yes, I know I'm weird)) Keep breathing, that's the key. Breathe! <P>Maybe in that 12 days song you should say 'three elven rings.' Just my thought.<P>Orominuialwen, might I request that you shorten that squee a little? It is so long it causes me to have to scroll over to read the last word on a line. I don't know if it's just that I have a small computer or something, but I suspect others may have the same problem.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:59 PM   #365
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I will be having a sociology test and a Physics lab on Wendesday. But I don't care! I might be extremely zombie like that day, but ROTK is most definitely worth it.<P>My, the waiting time is quickly dissapearing.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:10 PM   #366
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Yes, please shorten the squeal, we'd all appreciate it.<P>I say "three dormant elf-rings because that's how it winds up in the movie". Hope that isn't really a spoiler. Plus, I already did say three elven rings in my TTT 12 Days of Waiting.<P>Here's the next:<BR>On the eighth day of waiting, an elf-lord gave to me: Eight spider legs hewed, seven Umbar Corsairs, six oliphants, FIVE SEABIRD WINGS! Four knights of Gondor, three dormant elf-rings, two midnight viewings and a king come to set the world free.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 12-14-2003, 02:39 AM   #367
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> On the eighth day of waiting, <BR>an elf-lord gave to me: <BR>Eight spider legs hewed.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, I'm glad he gave them <BR>to you instead of me. <P>So, what scene are you<BR>guys most looking forward<BR>to? I want Shelob. <P><BR>4 days!!! <BR>~M
Old 12-14-2003, 04:34 AM   #368
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Sting

I was thinking tonight how I can't believe that ROTK is almost here. Because I almost feel as though it should not be here already, but it is. I keep thinking back to when I first saw the films and then read the books, and how much I have changed as a person since then. I know it sounds dumb, but it really has been a life changing experience for me. It has opened me up to a world that I never thought I would ever be a part of.<BR>I am really sad to see it all come to an end, but this is cool.<P>Only 3 days officially, but it feels to me like only 2. I don't really think of 12 midnight as waiting till Wendesday, because for me it is still Tuesday evening.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:45 PM   #369
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OMG It is only three days!!!! I Cant believe it!! I am soo happy...I wish I could see it right now! AHHH!! I cant wait!!!!!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 12:29 PM   #370
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Where do all these dissenters come from? I thought the Nazgûl were done pretty doggone well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Sorry, Knight. I was talking about the ones in the Bakshi version. That's an animated LotR that was made in the 70's, and it's really, really horrible. Funny, but horrible.<P>*squeeeeeeee!* Only two days, one hour and 48 minutes until I get to see RotK! <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-15-2003, 01:53 PM   #371
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I just go my ticket in my hands this morning. I've been handling it all day...I hope I don't lose it. The pressure is building, do you feel it? Everybody is starting to hold their breaths for this...even those who don't care. The newspapers I swear are more obsessed than me...for the last two weeks the colonist has run at least three articles concerning anything LOTR and then added a few pictures. I love it! I want to do something special in school on weds. but not too nerdish like wearing my pointy ears...I like the painting "Frodo Lives" on my toenails idea but I have dinky baby toes so it doesn't work. Any crazy but not-so-crazy ideas for me?
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 03:54 PM   #372
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Paint "Frodo Lives" on your fingernails instead of your toenails.<P>I don't really care; I'm wearing my costume to school on Wednesday, partly because it's THE DAY, and partly because I'm leaving at lunch to go see it, and didn't want to have to run home and change first.<P>Only 1 day, 22 hours, and 24 minutes left until I get to see it!!! <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-15-2003, 04:07 PM   #373
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I don't really think of 12 midnight as waiting till Wendesday, because for me it is still Tuesday evening. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Exactly how I feel! Which makes the waiting seem a whole lot smaller! <P>I purchased my ROTK tickets a week ago from my nearby line party, the check's been cashed but I have yet to see if I got them *fingers crossed*. I'll find out tonight when I go to pick them up and let me tell you... if they somehow messed up and don't have tickets for me, let's just say Mordor is nothing compared to the wrath they'll receive

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 04:31 PM   #374
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Now that we're down to only two days, I actually feel incredibly flat. Looking back at the last two months, it has been one of the most fun experiences of my life. The endless trailing around stores looking for new books and action figures, planning costumes, drooling over Denethor, squealing at a dozen spoilers a day... I can't imagine anything better. And now the film is almost here, all I want is another one or two months of waiting. Or at least a couple of weeks.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:13 PM   #375
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I like the painting "Frodo Lives" on my toenails idea but I have dinky baby toes so it doesn't work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have dinky toes too. What I did is I took a fine tip marker, wrote Frodo Lives on my toenails with that, and then painted over it with clear nail polish. If this doesn't work for you, you must have amazingly tiny toes.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:59 PM   #376
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Ladies and gentleorcs, now entering the 48-hour blitz prior to the movie's official release. I spend today doing errands, among which were visiting costume shops in the area in order to find long-haired wigs and a beard that might possibly pass for Aragorn's scuzzy beard. (O, the tortures of not being able to grow a full beard yet!)<P>How's everyone holding up? Make sure to check out Foxtrot.com for some LotR-related laughs. Meantime, I cooked up some laughs of my own...<P>On the tenth day of waiting, an elf lord gave to me: 10,000 Barrow-Downers, Nine Nazgûl-minus-one, Eight spider legs hewed, seven Umbar Corsairs, six oliphants, FIVE SEABIRD WINGS! Four knights of Gondor, three dormant elf-rings, two midnight viewings and a king come to set the world free!<P>Keep waiting! Time until midnight viewing, 19 hours, 14 minutes, and 30 seconds! Estimated time until I see it...add 12 hours, because I see it at noon.<P>Stay strong!
Old 12-15-2003, 10:04 PM   #377
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Hobbit costume complete, money for 28 tickets reserved, Books re-read, movies re-watched, snacks ready to be smuggled inside various cloaks, aptly prepared for dissapointment.<P>This fan is ready.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:49 PM   #378
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

I'm sick as a dog, and on antibiotics. But I've got five tickets, and there are four people counting on me for the midnight showing, so I can't not go. (Like I wouldn't!!!) <P>Drink bottle-- check. Minty Listerine-- check. Cough drops-- check. Normal everyday hobbit-clothes-- check. Fellowship Brooch-- check. Elvish earrings-- been wearing 'em for days and days. Pocket-hankerchiefs for tears-- check. Tisuues for nose: check. Apples in pocket-- uh oh, gotta remember that. <P>Eeee! I meant to bake Lembas! Gotta do that!
Old 12-15-2003, 11:53 PM   #379
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Sting

Well I am completely prepared. Proper outfit-check, pin of Lorien-check, Tissues-check, pre-purchased tickets for 6 of my friends and I-check, Gandalf for President pin-check, pure excitement-duh!!!<P>I am completely prepared
Old 12-16-2003, 05:39 AM   #380
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

In about 5 hours the trilogy starts, I'm getting a bit nervous actually...Another 11 hours at least untill rotk...<P>I packed lots of food and drinks.<BR>And tissues, but that is because unfortunately, my grandfather died yesterday. I wasn't going to go to the trilogy, but my parents insisted on me going, because it wouldn't change anything. So I'm going, and I expect to cry for about nine hours non-stop...
Old 12-16-2003, 09:21 AM   #381
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather Mariska Greenleaf! I hope everything will go alright!<P>I never thought I'd see today!!! I can't believe it's actually here!!!<P>Let's see, Costume - check, tickets - check (FINALLY!!!!), Tissues - packed, Money - packed , Camera - packed (for <B>outside</B> the theater ), movies - almost rewatched and books - 30 pages from the end (I'm saving that for later tonight). <P>Only 16 hours and 6 minutes to go!!!!! Yayness!!!!!<P>Go me! This is my 100th post!!! More reason to party!!!

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:46 AM   #382
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> How's everyone holding up? Make sure to check out Foxtrot.com for some LotR-related laughs. Meantime, I cooked up some laughs of my own...<P><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><B>Knight of Gondor </B>you beat me to it...I was going to mention that too. There have been some funny comics recently, eh? I love it when cartoonist get involved in the real world.<P>Tomorrow, tomorrow! I am dying in the wait. I will try that "Frodo Lives" thing with the felt pen(never even thought to do that) I do have elf ears and I'm debating whether or not to where them. A bunch of teachers from my highschool are all showing up in extensive costumes, and lets just say I want to be uh, comfortable when I watch this 3 hour and 12 minute movie.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:33 AM   #383
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Unrelated, but my dad brought home three whole boxes of tissues. How thoughtful of him, only he forgot that I don't cry!<P>Costume, ready. Songs for singing outside theater? Ready. In fact, we are cooking up Lembas too! We wrap it in leaves, and put it in a hand-made bag with the White Tree of Gondor insignia on it.<P>Meantime...<B>ON THE TWELF”TH DAY OF WAITING AN ELF LORD GAVE TO ME: 12 MILLION HAPPY VIEWERS!! 11 White Tree Guardians, 10,000 Barrow-Downers, Nine Nazgûl-minus-one, Eight spider legs hewed, seven Umbar Corsairs, six oliphants, FIVE SEABIRD WINGS!..... Four knights of Gondor, three dormant elf-rings, two midnight viewings.................AND A KING COME TO SET THE WORLD FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!</B><P>Savor these final moments, friend.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:00 PM   #384
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Savor these final moments, friend.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Indeed. And drive all non-fans crazy in the process. <P>Okay: 5 tickets, for my dad, brother, friends and myself=check, costume=semi-check (is in production as I type), lembas and entdraught to sneak into the theater=check, constant Nazgirl-like shrieks of excitement=check checkity check! I'm so prepared! <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-16-2003, 02:57 PM   #385
Coriel
Pile O'Bones

Coriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coriel
Sting

<I>Ainaserkewen, look at your privates messages, if you have the time.</I><P>i can't wait to see the movie either the only bad part is that i dont know how long i'll have to wait before i can actually get around and get the ticket...:S that and i need to figure out who else might want to go with me.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:32 PM   #386
Jjudvven
Wight

Jjudvven has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jjudvven
Sting

I was planning on buying tickets in advance again this year, but it doesn't look like the theatre that I am planning on going to will be sold out for some reason. So I'll save some money... wee haw.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:43 PM   #387
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I Cant BELIEVE IT!! Only one final day of waiting!! I think all this waiting will pay off! I cant wait to see Orli, Elijah, Billy, Dom, Viggo, and everyone!! I am soo happy!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:00 PM   #388
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

*runs around excitedly*<P>The tension is killing me! I've been getting up in the middle of watching TV, reading a book, eating... and just running round screaming my head off.<P>*screams*
Old 12-16-2003, 05:14 PM   #389
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oh, and by the way? I'm on Eastern time zone, so I will see it way before you all on the West Coast! Ha! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Contrary to popular misconception, the world doesn't begin and end at the borders of the USA. I'm in Aotearoa (New Zealand) and on daylight savings time no less. The internet may have been invented by the US military, but that doesn't preclude the rest of us from using it.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:23 PM   #390
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

*runs around screaming like a rabid squirrel*<P>I can't take this anymore!!!! TORTURE!!!! <P>*starts a group of Barrow-downers chanting "We want the King! We want the King!"*
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:58 PM   #391
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Final day!!! *does a hobbit dance* I will not be able to sleep tonight, because I will be thinking of all the people who are watching RotK at the midnight viewing while I am at home in my bed, wishing I was at the theatre instead. Imagining Shelob, the Witchking, and how good Pippin looks in Gondorian armour. (Yes, I am a Pippin fancier) <P>~Breathless, sleepless, still ticketless (Pippinless as well) Elennar.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:07 PM   #392
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I had in mind the fact that others will see it before me, and that America isn't the be all and end all. That's why I specified "West Coast". <P>I kept dreaming last night that the movie had already come out, and I got up this morning really happy, until I got through the fog of slumber and realized it would be a whole day still. Yet, only two hours until worldwide release...and only 14 hours until I get to see it! Meantime, my siblings (Eowyn and Gandalf, as they are going as) are going to carol outside the theater with my famed 12 Days of RotK, as well as some other Christmas dities I adapted for the occasion.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:33 PM   #393
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

*twitch*<P>*joins Finwe* We want the King! We want the King!<P>Life is *so* not fair... I just learned that my cousin's boyfriend is a big LotR fan, and they're going to the midnight showing. I wanna go! <P>Tomorrow...
Old 12-16-2003, 09:41 PM   #394
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Tomorrow after school I will witness the destruction of the Ring and the crowning of Aragorn along with the rest of my school's sci-fi/fantasy club, having already pre-ordered our tickets. Thank you for helping me through the wait!<P> <P>*breaks down and hugs everybody in the support group*<P>*gets really embarassed and hides*
Old 12-16-2003, 10:20 PM   #395
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Tomorrow after school I will witness the destruction of the Ring and the crowning of Aragorn along with the rest of my school's sci-fi/fantasy club, having already pre-ordered our tickets. Thank you for helping me through the wait!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You bet. But watch it on the spoilers! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>*breaks down and hugs everybody in the support group*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>*gets really embarassed and hides*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You think YOU'RE embarassed!
Old 12-17-2003, 03:32 AM   #396
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I SAW IT I SAW IT I SAW IT I SAW IT!!! If I weren't a lady, I'd be swearing the board blue right now.<P>Dear lord, help me. I'm sobbing right now, and it was all I could do in the theater to keep from bawling. <P>It was more Tolkien than Jackson, fortunately, and I think Elijah Wood was near perfect.<P>Meela, you're going to seriously maim me, but the only bad part of the whole movie was Denethor. (Besides my old gripes with Legolas and Aragorn, but I won't get into that.)<P>I've got to go to bed and cry myself to sleep.<P>GO SEE IT AS SOON AS EVER YOU CAN.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:05 AM   #397
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

It rocks, it rocks, it ROCKS. But thank God for spoilers; I was braced for the changes. <P>Even the crazy stunts were fun. Sense of timing was incredible. I didn't cry as hard as I thought I would. But I'm going to see it again after I get about six or eight hours of sleep. (My friends can't believe I took the day off for a movie. I can't believe they didn't... I wouldn't do it for another movie. But this one????)
Old 12-17-2003, 04:54 AM   #398
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Actually, I'm expecting Denethor to be a total loser. But he's still my Denethor, and I have never had a big complaint about the films so far. He will not be my first.<P>Actually, from what I've seen so far, he's not too bad. I've heard he's a total villain rather than a broken man, but I prefer him as a villain. That's how I've always seen him.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:30 AM   #399
Dininziliel
Wight

Dininziliel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I am about two hours away from seeing RotK. I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts--the incredible joy and squeeing is contagious. <P>Just wanted to touch base with "my tribe" because this first time I am going alone (everyone else has to work and are not quite as much a Tolkien "geek" as I).<P>There is much more to mine in the books. The experience gets deeper as you read them each time for your life passages. But, it is so good to share the excitement and love of the story.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:39 AM   #400
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

*breaks down and starts sobbing madly*<P><BR>I'm seeing it tomorrow!!!! I can't wait!!!!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote