The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-08-2003, 03:02 PM   #1
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Jar-Jaromir.

<A HREF="http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/01/jaromir.html" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> is a link to an article about a Jar Jar Binks in ROTK! Sounds silly, but look at the picture! What do you guys think? I think that it was made up. I just don't see PJ doing anything that crazy...
Old 01-08-2003, 03:36 PM   #2
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

he looks soooooooooooooo cool!
Old 01-08-2003, 03:57 PM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Thanks for a good laugh, Arwen! What a wonderful joke!! <p>[ January 08, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

could you imagine Jar-Jar Binks and gollum? they would totaly drive each other crazy!
Old 01-08-2003, 08:10 PM   #5
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Haahaaaa!!!!! Thats funny, but also kinda scary lol!!
Old 01-08-2003, 09:05 PM   #6
zacattack
Haunting Spirit

zacattack has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> There's this funny scene where Jar-Jaromir decides it's best to hand the ring over to Sauron, but then he drops it and kicks it into Mount Doom. Hi-larious.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What Bull**** I mean how fake is that,there is probably one true thing in that "article" Digital Editing is brilliant and so life like but really half-brother of Boromir and Faramir
zacattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 09:27 PM   #7
Abigail the Just

Sting

Eat your heart out Legolas. This new guy is gorgeous. He'll be the next heart throb for sure. <P>Abigail
Old 01-08-2003, 09:29 PM   #8
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Hee hee . I love the picture; heck, the Boromir costume actually makes Jar-Jar look a little better (granted, he's still an excrescence, but you know what I mean). <P>Random non-LOTR comment: If Lucas has any brain left at all, in the third movie he'll have Jar-Jar turn out to be a traitor who was working for the baddies all along. It's the only plausible explanation for him.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:40 PM   #9
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Sting

That is horrible. And disturbing. Much like the real Jar-Jar! Haha! I totally agree with Kalimac. Thanks Arwen for the snort of amused derision. <P>*Fingo, lonely Hobbit Wanderer*
Old 01-10-2003, 12:25 AM   #10
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

Meesa gettin a baaad feeling about this!<P>HAHA I LOVE that some people really took that article seriously! I'm so entertained by people sometimes...all the time... <P>Thanks for the laugh!
Old 01-10-2003, 01:16 PM   #11
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

I'm with you, Pookabunny. IF anyone could take that seriously.......<P>Thanks soooooo much for that hilarious spoof - You realize that they are picking on Lucas for saying that Jar-JAr will be a hit with the younger audience so thats why they put him in. Hence the PJ thing saying "I think it'll be a real hit with toddlers." <P>Its great when you can just laugh a little..... or a lot.<P> Himaran
Himaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:39 PM   #12
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Question

I'm hyperventilating it's sooo funny! Thanks for the laugh.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:00 PM   #13
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Great laugh heh.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:27 PM   #14
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BR> <P>OMG!!! That is so funny!! I mean..PJ isn't THAT stupid! <BR>My first thought when I saw that picture was: WHAT WOULD TOLKIEN THINK?!!
Old 01-29-2003, 02:48 PM   #15
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Someone posted that link on the Third Day boards. We got a good laugh out of it. All kidding aside, that would ruin the movie beyone repair

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:51 PM   #16
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wait a minuit. If Boromir was really Jar-Jar, doesnt that mean he gets killed? Who in the world would have the heart to do that?
Old 01-29-2003, 03:29 PM   #17
Ebony
Pile O'Bones

Ebony has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Wait a minuit. If Boromir was really Jar-Jar, doesnt that mean he gets killed? Who in the world would have the heart to do that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> We can only hope.<P>Many of you seem to believe this article is a fake. But after TTT, I believe anything is possible.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:33 PM   #18
Laialthriel
Animated Skeleton

Laialthriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Jackson added, "I just love it when he shouts, 'Yousa steala precious from meesa!'"<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That is hysterical! Thanks for the laugh. That would be so incredibly, horriflying terrible if they tried to put him in somehow. I couldn't stand it. I would 'protest' in <I>the</I> most violent way. <P>Laialthriel
"Let us run with patience the race that is set before us." --Phil 3:14
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." --Gandalf the Gray
Laialthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 03:45 PM   #19
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

That was great! I love that hairstyle on Jar-Jar. Thanks so much for the link, Arwen! <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> One fan tried to rationalize the move. "Maybe the Star Wars universe and Middle-earth intersect. Middle-earth certainly is a long time ago and why couldn't it be in 'a galaxy far, far away?' Nothing said it's our earth." He then broke down and started crying. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <p>[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:56 PM   #20
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

BBSpot is a great site. Has anyone read the 'Frodo lives' article?

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:54 PM   #21
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Haha, my friend e-mailed me that article and I was going to post it. Looks like you beat me to it, Arwen. Oh well, I'm glad someone at least put it up since it is pretty hilarious. I got a good laugh out of it when my pal sent it to me.

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote