The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2003, 09:29 PM   #1
Roccotari Eldandil
Haunting Spirit

Roccotari Eldandil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Who's dressing up?

Who are you dressing up as?
I'm going as Éowyn/Dernhelm (leather vest, chain maille, green tunic, brown pants, boots).
My friends are going as a random Elf and a Nazgûl; my sister is going as a Ranger.
Post away, fellow fanatics!
Old 12-12-2003, 09:33 PM   #2
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

I planned to go as Frodo, but I moved recently, and haven't the time to get together all my costume. basically, I only have Sting, and the one ring..heh..so I'll be going as an obsessed LotR fan...myself. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 11:52 PM   #3
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

I'm going as a random elf.

I have a green dress that I sewed myself and I *had* ears...but... Well we used that "fake skin" stuff to make pointy ears, since I didn't have the money for the real ones. But they ended up lumpy and misshapen.

I was the "leper elf" ...I'm skipping the ears this time. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 01:45 AM   #4
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I will too be going as an obsessed LOTR fan just because I doubt my costume will be finished by Tuesday. But they will be able to tell that I am a fan. I have pins, a light up ring, and all this other stuff I got from Comic-Con. I am planning to wear basically all of it. This is going to be so fun.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:59 AM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm dressing up as Denethor.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:02 PM   #6
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

I am dressing up as a Black Rider (Nazgul). My mother made the outfit for me, though there is not much to the outfit. She made the long black robe/cloak or whatever one would like to call it. The robe/cloak is very big (like it is meant to be) and covers my face [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. I am using my grandfathers sword it’s big and a silver bronze colour. He has a collection of swords in his office and I have always fancied the one I am using because it looks so much like a black riders sword! I even have my half brothers big black boots… it’s a pity one cant take a big, black horse to the movies!

This is kinda what my outfit looks like (yes my mom made the ends of my robe/cloak all torn)

I must say all the other outfits sound wonderful!

~Niluial
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:13 PM   #7
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

The crazy Elf Annalaliath, you may remember her from one of the Green Dragons, I still have her pop in there from time to time. I may go with my freind Greg who will be a black rider or someting, or my mother who will be forced to wear a dress she made to wear a dress she made a year ago.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:07 PM   #8
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I'll probably go as an Elven Marchwarden from Rivendell. I have a black velvet cloak that looks exactly like the one that the random Marchwarden on a horse wears in FotR (when the camera pans over Rivendell, there's a very quick shot of the back of a warrior, with a bow, wearing a long, black, velvet cloak on horseback, that's me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]). I'm wearing a beige linen shirt, black leggings, a long black surcoat that goes to mid-calf, is slit up the sides and back, and black leather boots that go up to about mid-calf.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 11:29 AM   #9
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*cries* My mum didn't make me my Eowyn dress... she said she was going to! Now I'm going to have to improvise an Elf costume!
And I can't even go on opening night because of my exams... I have to wait until I get home on Saturday. But rest assured, I'm going to be in the theatre that night.

Lindril (sniff... sniff) Arvilya
Old 12-15-2003, 12:37 PM   #10
Nehani
Haunting Spirit

Nehani has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nehani
Tolkien

Well, I'm not going as anyone. I don't think anybody will recognize me anyways. I'll be wrapped up in a sleeping bag, huddled in the snow. Poor me. At least I will have some buddies to keep me company.

Nehani

PS
Does anybody live in Juneau, AK?

"The Way Is Closed. It Was Made By Those Who are Dead. The Way is Closed."
Nehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 01:01 PM   #11
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I'm going as Denethor.
Meela, how did I guess?

I'm not going until January, for my friend's birthday. I'm going to be sat in a corner at home going 'must...see...Rotk...' for a month!
Anyway, we're both going as random elves, although we're having problems with the green coat. Any ideas? We've already got the bows and stuff!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:02 PM December 15, 2003: Message edited by: Feared Half-Elf ]

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:43 PM   #12
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Hm. Wouldn't say I was going AS ANYONE in particular...LOL...but I AM going as a Hobbit. Guess you could call me something like "Anastasia Purplecloak". [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Hobbit of the seventh age or so...
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:04 AM   #13
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm dressing up as Eowyn. I'll be wearing her Shieldmaiden dress thanks to my aunt. My friend is also making me a cape to go along with it seeing as how it'll be FREEZING! I also have a plastic sword to go along with it; it's not that great of a sword but hey - at least I have one! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:09 PM   #14
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
My friend is also making me a cape to go along with it seeing as how it'll be FREEZING!
Look on the bright side, Enny: you'll at least be wearing shoes! Us little hobbits will be running around in bare feet, so [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img].

I'm going as a hobbit, as is my brother. My friends are going as a random elf and a Nazgul, and my dad.... isn't really dressing up as a character, but he is going to wear his kilt! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-18-2003, 04:05 PM   #15
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As I couldn't see it on opening night because of a late exam, I improvised an Elf costume: pretty velvet shirt, a skirt that looks like it's made from hemp or something, red lace-up boots, Ring on a necklace. Oh, and a cloak. With a sign pinned to the back. Which said "I'D RATHER BE AT LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING". Several people approached me and agreed with me wholeheartedly. Damn you, Linguistics, damn you....

Lindril (oh, you'll get yours) Arvilya