The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #1481
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
This wasn't so much a dream as an hallucination. I was just getting out of bed, I stayed up late that night so I was very groggy, and I thought I saw Gollum the Great grinning at me through my window! It's not a face that I'd like to wake up to again.
Now That's freaky.
Assuming you mean my avatar, I don't blame you. Though to be honest I love that picture, I thought CGI/Andy Serkis Gollum was pretty good.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #1482
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
Now That's freaky.
Assuming you mean my avatar, I don't blame you. Though to be honest I love that picture, I thought CGI/Andy Serkis Gollum was pretty good.
Yes it was your avvie. It is a good picture for Gollum, the best I've seen, but it doesn't look good pasted against my window!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:54 AM   #1483
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Last night I had a Barrow-Downs Dream.

I don't know how it got to it, but I was sitting somewhere high up watching Gollum get executed. It was sort of a grassy area with big cliffs (or were they walls?) on all sides forming a square. I must have been on one of them, but I didn't actually see myself on them, I was just looking at what was happening below. Then suddenly an army of Nogrods came, six abreast in endless ranks, out of a hole in the wall. Then I could see that they had frmed a |- shape (the - is the Nogrods six abreast, the | is the army forming behind it). And then for some reson, in was down there, and saw them marching in my direction shouting "Gentiles! Gentiles!" I managed to get to Gollum(who had turned into Gollum, and looked a bit like this (the one on the centre-right, but without a broken arm) and the executioner, who was Volo.

We seemed to all be friends, despite the events moments before. Then we scrambled through the ranks of Nogrods, who had already come upon us but didn't try to get us, theough they almost trampled us. We got out through a passage with white walls and white electric light, but then the ceiling seemed to open, and we were up to our shoulders in water. Then we walked through it, but th e current pushed us along very fast, and we ended up in a pool. It was more like a lake. A huge lake. Suddenly it zoomed out, and you could see us as tiny dots on the edge of the huge body of water. When I say huge I mean a blue whale could swim there and not get bored. I even fancied I could see some below at that point. I was also around 3km deep.

Then it zoomed in on us and I was me again. For some reason, none of us could swim and it didn't even seem like there was that option. We padddled with our arms and legs upright. We seemed to get to the other side very quickly, considering what we were doing ( I was just around 80m from the side I came from when I was suddenly around 50m from the other side). Then we scrambled up an interesting-looking cliff face on the other side (It had all sorts of strangely shaped edges, and bits of rock were sticking out in all sorts of strange shapes (for example snake-ish, branch and leave-ish and mushroom-ish). In some places (not where I was climbing) actually looked a lot like this (click on the green one- but it looked more light brown in the dream) We clambered onto these pod things. they were oval shaped, sticking out of the cliff and attached by a thin bit of rock. It had also sorts of slimy plants hanging down and streams of water dripping down. it was like the back of a waterfall (though damper) but without the waterfall. There was also a bita crevice in the rock wall slightly above were the pods were attached, which was 3m below us, filled with sharp rocks and a smakk stream, which also dripped down into the main lake.

I forget what happened next, but I remember that afterwards I remember that there was a life threatening problem, and the only way to stop it was to put Volo in the "cage" for five minutes, which was a large (hippo-sized) metal bowl attached to thr rock face in the same way we were, but was around 4m belw us. Volo tied 3 ropes around himself and tied the other end of one around the rock that was holding his "pod" to the cliff, and threw the others to me and Gollum. Then hejumped down, but we saw that we had seen the "cage" from a strange angle and only Volo's legs from foot to knee knees fitted in. Suddenly the "cage" started twisting around, until Volo was upside down, but his legs were so firmly wedged in that he didn't fall out of it. Gollum let go of his rope, and, trying to save Volo, jumped down. He missed, and I just managed to grab his flailing hand before it was too late and he fell into the "lake/pool". We were really high up, and our view of it was obstructed by mist which hid the long distance below. i managed to swing him up, onto patch of flat land, that could only be entered through a small gap in the rock (but easily from above).

Then suddenly we weere back on the pods, but this time we were back near the other side of the "lake" thing. We jumped off, and landed around 30m away from the tunnel through which we had come from) and suddenly we saw how huge the "lake" was, and it streched out for miles behind us. The "pod" things were gone. We paddled to the tunnel entrance, through hundreds of people also trying to et through and avoiding those coming out. Eventually, a current pushed us and we were back in the tunnel like at the beginning, shoulder-deep in the water. But this time it was a cave tunnel, with a ceiling of rock, lit by candles. And we carried on until there was no more water, and we were in an earthen hand-dug tunnel, lit this time by flaming torches. It didn't have the white walls of before. And we continued, and we saw that it was like a building, and there were doors and passages everywhere. One even led into a computer room, much like one I have in my school. Then we entered into a kitchen.

People were rushing past us, shouting, "The Tyrannosaurus is coming!". Neverthesless we carried on, until we saw its huge ugly head coming towards us. It was then that I tried to end the dream, to avoid being eaten in it. So I tried to open my eyes but only managed one. Then, since I knew it was a dream, I tried some lucid dreaming and tried to get a chair to appear. I managed to get a wooden chair attached to a shelf full of mini Ghanaian stools (e.g. this) instead. I threw it right at its eye and hit its closed eyelid but managed to hid behind a pillar before it could see me. Then I tried again, bt this time it came towards me. I ran towards the other side of the room. Then I tried to wake up again, but failed. As I came back into it, thining I would be eaten, I heard Volo say "Look at it eat that barrel of tuna" and then Gollum say "Yeah, those T-Rexes love tuna". I saw the Tyrannosaurus turn its head to look at me. It locked me in its glare like Glaurung and and ran towards me.
Then I woke up (before when I thought I had woken up I hadn't actually).

---

Wow that was a long post!

PS. I think I should have saved some words for writing for rpgs instead of here.

---
Things I have learned from this:

I am the Downs too much
e.g. That strange green painting thing, and suddenly comparing the Nogrod chant to this (0:35-0:40). I never listen to that sort of music, but I heard it from going on Pop Culture Translator which I found out about from here

I am definately on the Downs too much!

Last edited by Eönwë; 11-23-2008 at 05:22 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:45 AM   #1484
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, compared to Ste– er, I mean, Eönwë's dream, mine was rather tame (I seem to have a rather dull subconscious). I dreamt we were having a live-action WW game in my house. The wolves had to put on wolf-costumes at Night, walk on all fours and actually bite their victims. The victims were allowed to fight back. It got quite violent.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:02 AM   #1485
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
That sure sounds like a wonderful dream! The details and all, wow. Actually weird, since Gollum is still my second personality from Rikae's WW.

My dream's level of epicness was restricted to me being a reincarnating dragon, being chased by agents and my school having a bigger stage and stand than any other place I've visited. Unrelated.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #1486
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
The wolves had to put on wolf-costumes at Night, walk on all fours and actually bite their victims.
Owww!

or rather: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooowwwwwww!

Last edited by Eönwë; 11-23-2008 at 06:12 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:23 AM   #1487
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Indeed.... just before I awoke, Mithwolf had my leg and I was trying to fend her off with the tubing from the vacuum cleaner.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #1488
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Whoa, Eönwë... I wonder if I can recall reading a similarly complex and weird dream here on the Downs (okay, I can think of a few similar ones, but not sure about them reaching such length... at least in description). That was really... interesting. Though first of all you made me think of Jurassic Park (meaning now the original book, not the film) - because of the T-rex but also that lake thing (which, if I recall, was only in the book... I thought of it possibly because of these two things being together in one dream).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Indeed.... just before I awoke, Mithwolf had my leg and I was trying to fend her off with the tubing from the vacuum cleaner.
Now that must have been fun!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #1489
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I had a definitely weird dream last night. In it, we decided to make a time jump of 15 years in the Scarburg Meadhall RPG. I took a new character after the time jump, it was a 15-year old girl called Branwen and she was the bastard daughter of Rowenna, a current character of LMP's. Also, LMP was leaving the 'downs and thus he made farewell poems to everybody on the discussion thread. He started with me. I don't remember much of it, except that he urged me to learn Czech in the poem. Also, he used a smiley in his post, but it was a special new Merisu, and when she was fluttering her eyelashes, there were tears coming fom her eyes. (It was a brilliant smiley, by the way. Someone could make one like that. )
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:29 AM   #1490
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Tonight, I had a dream of which I unfortunately don't remember many details, for it was very epic. I was with a roleplaying group and at the same time being one of the characters of the group, while the other characters and players were several of my RL RPGing friends, then Gollum, Lommy, The Might, Nerwen, Ibri (those two may have changed into each other at several places), Groin and possibly skip or Morthoron (these two might have switched places with some of my RL friends during the course of the dream).

The story was that we were going through some dungeon full of stairs and stairways, if anybody of you had seen the movie Labyrinth with David Bowie, then the final scene is something what it looked like. At last we came to some boss of the dungeon, who was an evil sorcerer no doubt, and he was standing next to a trap door easily visible in front of him on the ground. We attacked him, namely Groin attacked him ruthlessly with his axe, if I recall well. The Might tried to sneak attack him from behind, but before he could do that, the sorcerer disappeared in the trap door. Meanwhile, Nerwen/Ibri had been casting some spell which caused sparkling white light to come out of her hands. I have no idea what effect it was supposed to have

After that, everybody started to panic and run away around the dungeon in search for the sorcerer. Somehow, most of the party ended running down a long spiral stairway (or, actually, this kind of starway where you run down a straight corridor, then turn around 180° and run another straight stair, and so on... just, like, it wasn't all merely one long stair). When I noticed, I started to run after them, but still I was the last one, right behind Lommy who also stayed behind before, to reach the room which was to the side of the stairway (it still continued down). The trap door through which the sorcerer disappeared was right above us, in the ceiling of the room, and there was another trap door below us, into a large room with some stairs, too. Everybody was already inside it, kind of hanging down into it (holding each other, and the last one was holding the floor of this room). They obviously climbed down there willingly, to go after the sorcerer, who was pleading for mercy (honestly, as it seemed) and it was about our choice to kill him or not. Then for a short moment we were as players in a room decorated by lots and lots of flowers, and the Gamemaster said: "Well, so what, do you kill him?" And us players started to argue whether he is just bluffing or whether he is seriously pleading for mercy, and whether our characters would keep him alive, etc. And then, we did not reach any conclusion, but decided to let it come out as it goes, and then we were back in the dungeon and Gollum, who was the one at the top of the people in the trap door (and his character was Gollum, really looked like that) reached out his arms and handed me a bucket of flowers which somebody else from the group took from the ceiling of the room (the flowers were like the ones that were in the room in which we played), and I was supposed to give them to the sorcerer, which meant that we are giving mercy to him.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-28-2008, 06:04 AM   #1491
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

1420!

Ha! Seems like I'm having a real BD-dream time after a long while, this far I had three dreams involving Downers in a row. How much I remember from it is a different thing, but at least the dream I had today was certainly interesting.

In it, I learned (probably from some newspaper or some web pages) that Ron Perlman actually went into a "retirement", and he joined the Downs a while ago, of course without revealing his identity here, so that he is not bothered by possible fans. I was trying to figure out who he is, UNFORTUNATELY, I don't recall who the first and very probable option was. Maybe if I look at the member list I'll remember who of you he is I recall, though, that closer to the end of the dream I figured out that he may also be McCaber. Whoever Ron Perlman was, though, I was going to write him a PM to say how I like him as actor, though I wanted to write it the way so that I don't scare him too much or annoy him because he would know he has been revealed.

So, Ron, no hard feelings

And just for clarification, I have seen Ron Perlman in about two films, possibly, during all my life, and it is interesting he appeared in the dream. On the other hand, when thinking about it, if I were to pick a good actor, he could be an option...
Old 11-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #1492
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a dream a couple of nights ago in which MatthewM was an aspiring filmmaker. I wish I could remember the really clever plot twist in a little vampire movie he did, because even I who don't like vampires thought it was really original.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #1493
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a dream I and a big bunch of people broke into an Australian art museum. Someone asked if it was legal, and I replied, "Surely more legal than Lindale breaking into museums and destroying paintings. She painted on Mona Lisa."
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 AM   #1494
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
A Rather Long Dream

I had a dream last night that had The Phantom, Fea and my self as stars. People like Nogrod, Lommy and others also appeared, but only played minor parts.

For some reason some downers where hanging out in my flat, which had grown to tripple sieze and was nicely cleaned. The Phantom sad in a chair looking like he does on the photo page, just a bit less attractive, Fea and Nogrod was in the other end of the room. I walked over and sat next to The Phantom and we started talking about one of my Leonard Cohen LP's, after a while The Phantom changes the subject to werewolf. It turns out that he starting a new game where you are only allowed to base your theories on what people have said in earlier games and as he says "The only weakness is that it does not allow any newbies to play"

We continue to talk about his game for a while until Nogrod comes over and starts complaining about being at my place, because "It would be much better if we held this downer-gathering in Finland" then Lommy bursts in to the room and tells Nogrod that he has got to come and see something in the other building, the other building turns out to be a house identical to the one I live in. . .apparently I had let it be build so that I could house downers when they come to visit.

Me, Fea and The Phantom all sit down at the table talking and they reveal to me that they have me all figured out, they know that some of the stuff I have said during their stay, I have just said to seem cool and that it is slightly pathetic that I want them to like me so badly. I get quite upset by this, but I agree with them that I to some degree have tried to impress them. The door opens and two really blond guys walk into the room, put some music on and starts dancing. I walk over to them and ask them what they are doing here, after much debating they tell me that they know Fea and apparently met her on a trip to Chicago a few years ago. These guys spend quite some time talking about how amazing a person Fea is and then they leave.

The three of us left decides that we want to hit the town and leaves the house, but we end up in some weird fantasy world instead. We are at some old castle that is almost falling appart, here me, The Phantom and some of my co-workers have to hunt down and kill some trolls. Before we start the hunt we get some swords. . .(I don't remember much of what happens here). . . In the end I slay the last troll and climb down a wall that suddenly crumbles under me, luckely I did not fall far. Now that the trolls have been killed some of my co-workers asks me and The Phantom "who is that girl" and points to Fea who is standing on a hill top, we tell them that she is a friend and they should leave her alone. In the end all three of us walk back to the house holding each others hands.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #1495
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Three recent BD dreams of mine...

1) Agan and I visited Shasta. He told us about his family history (his parents were Finnish but in fact he was the bastard child of his father and a woman from Thailand) and borrowed us some nice gothic women's clothes. He had lots of them in his closets because he had a habit of dressing up as a woman, at least partly because of theatre.

2) Lal and davem had a cute baby daughter. I was supposed to look after her. When I had been talking to her for a rather long time, I realised I had spoken Finnish and the baby wouldn't understand anything of it. "Sorry," I told her, "I should have spoken English all along." She looked at me and talked in a childish but perfectly understandable voice: "No, speak Finnish. I like it." I wondered if the girl would be bilingual before long. Anyway, she was a sweet girl and she first called me "friend" and then "sister" which was rather cute.

3) Legate was making food (making fish sandwiches, actually) in the kitchen at my dad's place. He asked me to come there. I went and took a glass of water for myself. We were in the kitchen and talking, I was occasionally taking a sip from my glass. Suddenly, Rune (who was wearing black eyeliner) came to the kitchen. He said: "Hey, is it ok for you guys if I go out now? I just met some nice English girls and I'd like to hang around with them... I'll be back for dinner." "Of course, go on," Legate replied, but I bursted laughing so that I spluttered all the water from my mouth on my clothes. Rune and Legate exchanged worried glances. "What's wrong with her?" Rune asked.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:54 AM   #1496
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I think my question is still valid. . . what is wrong with her?

Old 12-31-2008, 08:06 AM   #1497
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a dream Brinn and Boro thought they were werewolves and killed a little boy riding a tricycle by smashing an axe through his head at a shopping mall. It was a rather gory dream.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:11 AM   #1498
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
That has got to be one of the greatest (yet most disturbing) dreams I have ever heard being in. Wow, what does that say about the image people have of me? Going through a mall and smashing little kids on tricycles, with an axe...I love it.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #1499
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Also, the boy was blind.

It might also tell something about me and my subconscious, given that there are some dreams I have deliberately decided not to post but one this brutal ended up here.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #1500
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Aganzir deserves a trophy for her dream.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #1501
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I recently had a BD dream, but the details are fuzzy. I know I was playing werewolf with Mac, Rikae, and the baby, who had quite mysteriously grown to be about sixteen. Agan was playing, but I don't remember who else.

But I remember having this sort of feeling like, "I'm getting old. I remember when you were born, and now you're playing Werewolf like a pro..."
Old 01-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #1502
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I was in Kiev with my grandparents who had a lot to tell me - obviously. While walking around I bump into Brin, who had come to Ukraine to meet me. I was happy and tried to explain to my grandparents that I'd rather talk with Brin (though I saw them several years earlier than Brin last time) - strangely enough, politely. I try to call Lommy and Noggie, who also live in Kiev and have a Ukrainian heritage, but can't speak Russian. They don't answer and I think it a pity that all four can't meet because I'm off to Herson (a town in the south of Ukraine, where my other grandparents live) next day. So I spend the time with Brin.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #1503
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Last night, I had a dream where Aganzir and my sisters and I were rambling through some fields until we accidentally ended up in the middle of a golf course. It was weird; suddenly, there were golfers everywhere, they were all angry at us, and we getting pelted by golf balls left and right. I yelled at one of the golfers, which made me feel happy.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #1504
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
That reminds me of a story about my aunt when she was a little girl and collected lost balls off the nearby golf course and brought them home for her Dad. My grandmother told her she shouldn't have taken them because they might not be lost to which my aunt replied

"We knew they were lost because we saw the people looking for them".

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #1505
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a dream last night that Kitanna replied to my last note in Comic Amalgamation Station. She sent me a picture of a carrot with a big red "no" sign over it. Yyyyyyyeah, Kitanna.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #1506
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Boro seems to be a new frequenter in my dreams

Last night I had a dream Boro and I were playing with toy trains in an amusement part. It was late evening and there were colourful lights all around, but there was also something slightly threatening. I think it had to do with someone wanting to steal our trains.

Then a downer I can't remember took me to a South American slum.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #1507
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Agan, now I'm even more confused, it appears like my image is one minute I'm happily playing with toy trains, and then I'm out with Brinn axing blind kids riding tricycles.

Oi, I really need to hire that PR rep to clean this up.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #1508
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Uncle Boro you're so weird!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #1509
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

*bump*

I haven't had almost any BD dreams lately. So weird. I had one last night (and it was pretty odd).

A young slightly mentally disabled guy joined the 'downs. He posted normally enough, but then he started sending marriage proposal PMs to girls. He sent me one and suggested we could marry on my birthday so that we could celebrate our 80th anniversary when I turn 99. Pretty wild, isn't it? Anyway, I replied him politely (did not tell that I found his suggestion quite icky) and explained I'm not American (like he was and like he thought I was) and that I like him as a friend but nothing more than that and besides I have someone else whom I care about very much so he'd better forget about it all.

Now just tell me... what is my subconscious trying to tell me?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #1510
Gothmog
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gothmog has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gothmog
A haunting from the past...

I actually had a BD-related dream last night, and I was so surprised afterwards that I almost had to pinch myself to see if I were dreaming. I weren't, not any longer.

Anyway, I don't remember much now except that I read a post that Thinny had written and it described a lot of other BDers. If I'm not confusing things, the post was in Swedish, which I of course know is Thinny's favourite language

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
~Lurker...
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:11 AM   #1511
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
Anyway, I don't remember much now except that I read a post that Thinny had written and it described a lot of other BDers. If I'm not confusing things, the post was in Swedish, which I of course know is Thinny's favourite language
Nejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj..............!!!!!!!!! Men kul att du har ĺtervänd. (eek, that did not go right, did it? )
Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 AM   #1512
Gothmog
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gothmog has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gothmog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Nejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj..............!!!!!!!!! Men kul att du har ĺtervänd. (eek, that did not go right, did it?)
Almost right! It should have been "har ĺtervänt". Maybe I should restart my Swedish lessons And I don't know if I've returned now or if this's just a temporary thing. But thanks!

And sorry for the off-topic post. What a way to return...

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
~Lurker...
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #1513
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Now just tell me... what is my subconscious trying to tell me?
Just face it, Lommy. Everyone at one stage in their BD life has had a crush on you! At least all the Americans have (your subconscious said it first).
Old 01-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #1514
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Just face it, Lommy. Everyone at one stage in their BD life has had a crush on you! At least all the Americans have (your subconscious said it first).
*Draws myself up with a look of displeasure* All of us? All of us Americans??? Or do you mean all the Texans?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #1515
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
I actually had a BD-related dream last night, and I was so surprised afterwards that I almost had to pinch myself to see if I were dreaming. I weren't, not any longer.

I think it is brilliant to see you here again Gothmog and I love that you call her Thinny, people don't do that often enough anymore.

The next time we have Scandinavian Downer meeting you have to attend. . .otherwise we shall hunt you down and beat you up with an old sombrero.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:27 AM   #1516
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
Oh goodness. But like Agan claims, the Europeans like me even better.

I had two BD dreams last night. The first one involved Legate, The Might, Gollum and a girl 'downer who looked like Amy Winehouse coming to Finland at the same time. Not much happened expect TM and the Amy Winehouse girl obviously had something going on between them, and so did Greenie and Gollum. (Poor Greenie, always paired up by people's dreams. )

I also had a dream that involved a ww game that involved hunting deer and driving rally. Rikae, Fea and tp were wolves, Mac was the cobbler and Rune, Menel and Agan were some sort of gifted, probably seer, ranger and hunter, respectively.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #1517
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
Just face it, Lommy. Everyone at one stage in their BD life has had a crush on you!
Are you trying to tell us something, Groin?

Careful lad. Legate will fly over here and behead you. Trust me, he's very on edge about this sort of thing. He once warned me that he'd kill me if I didn't stop talking to Lommy every day. I was talking to her every day because we were Werewolves together. But he didn't care. No explanation was good enough.

So yeah, we just had to finish out the Werewolf game without speaking. Quite difficult. But I wasn't about to put my life at risk.

And now I shall share a very odd dream that I had last weekend. I was running a fever at the time, and we all know that sick-dreams are totally weird and awesome.

So I was at my church. My dad was playing the piano as usual. And I was playing the drums as usual. Nothing weird so far.

Then someone announces that Aganzir has arrived, and that she will be performing "The Lion King". The music starts. I'm playing along. I can't see Agan (my view is blocked by something) but I can hear her. And then the song changes (I don't even know what song it was originally) and Agan is playing a great violin solo. And my drum set somehow changes into a piano, and I continue to play it with my drum sticks, hoping that no one will notice.

And then Agan is playing a guitar (quite well, I might add). And one of my drum sticks changes into my violin bow and I'm suddenly holding a violin, and naturally I'm supposed to take over the part Agan had just been playing. Then I recognize the song- "Dead to the World" by Nightwish. And Aganzir and I proceed to totally rock.

And I wake up. The music is still playing in my head.

The end.

(good luck making any kind of sense out of that)
Old 01-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #1518
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
*Draws myself up with a look of displeasure* All of us? All of us Americans??? Or do you mean all the Texans?
I am just interpreting what her conscience is telling her.

We Texans are very hot blooded about our women, it comes from living in 90 degree weather all year 'round. Lommy lives too far north for my taste. She would want a penguin for a pet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Careful lad. Legate will fly over here and behead you. Trust me, he's very on edge about this sort of thing. He once warned me that he'd kill me if I didn't stop talking to Lommy every day. I was talking to her every day because we were Werewolves together. But he didn't care. No explanation was good enough.
Speaking of him, I dreamed I fought Legate the other night! He was climbing some sort of lamppost and hacking at me with a sword. I chopped the lamppost down, but he fell on me with his sword!

Maybe Legate is trying to send me messages with his mind, phantom!

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 01-31-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #1519
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Careful lad. Legate will fly over here and behead you.
What? Texas sword massacre?

Quote:
Speaking of him, I dreamed I fought Legate the other night! He was climbing some sort of lamppost and hacking at me with a sword. I chopped the lamppost down, but he fell on me with his sword!

Maybe Legate is trying to send me messages with his mind, phantom!
Oh my!! But still getting better with your dreams, Groin! And it's not the first time somebody would dream of me fighting people with a sword - I'm beginning to wonder if I should not start to consider these dreams as important...
Which makes me wonder, where can one easily pick up a sword...

But I can ensure you I am not sending you any messages with my mind, Groin. I could always write you a serious PM, eh?
Old 02-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #1520
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up You amuse me

But should I be flattered?

(Although this makes me a little worried - this is not the first time I am discussed in this tone on this thread... )