The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
WW Fan Fiction

Have you ever wondered what goes on in the minds of the characters we play as? what their days are like when we're not debating?

I figured It be fun to have a Fan Fiction area for us to post stories those "Hidden Chapters" obviously after a game is don wouldn't want to spoil any surprises.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
What, Morsul, not spending enough time on Werewolf yet? Wait till you've played a couple of games - you'll be grateful for the intervals which allow you to actually get some RL things done for a change.
By the way, didn't you say something about wedding plans? Sorry I forgot to congratulate you up to now - best wishes to you and your future wife! And rest assured, if you haven't got a RL yet, she'll make one for you. I speak from experience.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
actually Someone else mentioned writing a poem in prcalc about WW... in Top Ten Signs you're addicted to the downs" I did this thread for her and people like her...

I'm an enabler

And between driving to NY to do a documentary and trying to start a career in Comedy and Trying to get into classes to "become" catholic I do have a bust RL... WW is the fun distraction not the other way around
Old 10-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
You are in the documentary business?
Old 10-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No it's a documentary about Aspiring actors.. I'm an actor/comedian just looking for exposure hoping one day to actually have it as a career not a hobby
Old 10-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I might post my poems here...but I've never written much in the way of poetry before, so I don't know if they'd be any good. I mostly write them because I'm bored and to get my thoughts about what's happened in order...
Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
No it's a documentary about Aspiring actors.. I'm an actor/comedian just looking for exposure hoping one day to actually have it as a career not a hobby
Theater or film?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've done mostly theatre I recently did a commercial WOO! Either would be fine they both have benefits... movies you can cut and redo but theatre you get instant satisfaction... AHHH!! I think I hear chat skwerels Coming
Old 10-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Behind the scenes of WW LXVIII

This isn't exactly fan fiction, but McCaber and me had a lot of fun with our PMs during Full Moon over Innsmouth. He asked me to preserve them, and I'm posting them here for your amusement (quotes, technical questions and ooc chat edited out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
TiG 68: Your Role
Tonight, you have a vision of some gigantic entity under the waves. For some reason, instead of fear or anger, you sense a feeing of ... love, and you realize that it wants to help you. But all it can do now is show you what you want to see.
You are the Dreamer. Once per night you may have a vision of one other player, and He will show you the truth. Your goal is to lynch the Werewolves that threaten your city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Dream for Night 1
O Great Cthulhu that waitest dreaming in Thy house in sunken R'lyeh, by the bond of the cold blood of the Deep that is mingled in mine own veins I beseech Thee: grant Thy humble servant the boon to share Thy vision tonight and reveal to me the secret role of
The Saucepan Man
(Or words to that effect.)
Quote:
Re: Dream for Night 1
This Man of the Saucepan, you say? Then let me grant you a vision of his true nature.
[the waters cloud for a moment, and you see the Saucepan Man's apartment]
He is not of my people, nor fully of yours. Our tranquil underwater life is anathema to his kind. So much anger in that small form ...
Oh, sorry. You want an answer. He's a Werewolf through and through.
Quote:
Dream for Night 2
Our Father Who Art In The Abyss, if it is Thy will that I survive this Night and further aid Thy followers against the threat of the foul Garou, grant me tonight another vision and show me the truth about
A Little Green
But Thy will be done.
Quote:
Re: Dream for Night 2
"Easy enough. Let me put you through ..."
You see a vision of A Little Green, safely asleep in her bed, even though the moonlight shines straight down upon her. She is an Ordinary Villager.
From outside her room, you hear pounding on the door, and a loud crack. She snaps awake with a look of terror on her face. And you wake up.
Quote:
Dream for Night 3
O Dread Cthulhu, uttered with tremor be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy havoc be wrought, Thy tentacles...er... well, never mind. If I am to see the Morning, give me toNight my Nightly Dream and reveal to me the true role of
Nogrod.
Quote:
Re: Dream for Night 3
A solid choice. He's been a student of mine for quite some time, after all. Please hold.
[strains of whirling devilish viola playing in the background]
Nogrod paces back and forth in his room, working on some thorny physics problem. "But according to the latest data, the universe shouldn't be curved like that! It's astounding, really..."
His revelations that night enlighten even you, chosen one. And the dawn breaks, and you rouse from sleep.
Nogrod is an Ordinary Villager.
Quote:
Dream for Night 4
O Great Wyrm of the Deep, before Whom humanity cowers in dread, Whose countenance filleth Thy foes with abject terror, I implore Thee: if it be Thy will to preserve me from the fangs of the Garou for yet another Night, grant my dreams the power to penetrate the Veil once more and discern the secret truth about
Lariren Shadow
If, however, I fall prey to those who seek to destroy Thy followers, I consign my soul to the Ultimate Void where the mad, blind demon-sultan Azathoth writhes howling mindlessly, etc. etc. Amen.
Quote:
Re: Dream for Night 4
Ooh! A good pick. This is going to be a sight, let me tell you.
[demon-piping scene transition]
Your vision rises from the ocean, as if you're seeing through the eyes of another. Slowly you creep into the street and make your way outside of Lairen Shadow's home. You catch a reflection of two green shining eyes on the glass before your attention is driven inside. Inside, where your target is in the midst of a horrible, furry transformation. She looks out at you and growls. The last thing you see is a face twisted with absolute rage leaping towards the window.
And you sit bolt upright in your bed. Lairen Shadow is a werewolf.
Quote:
Dream for Night 5 (just in case)
Iä Cthulhu, morituri te salutant!
Thanks be to Thee for preserving Thy servant last Night and permitting me to bring down another of Thy foes! But now I feel death approaching me - which is just as well, as my puny mortal imagination is running short of bombastic phrases wherewith to glorify Thee. Before I pass into the mind-shattering ultra-dimensional Void beyond space and time, I ask this last boon of Thee: let me die dreaming and shew me the hidden truth about
wilwarin538
Quote:
Re: Dream for Night 5 (just in case)
First things first, let me say, Well done, my good and faithful servant. I now prepare to hand you over to another of my type, who to be frank can use a fellow like you. Now, about that dream.
[the hold music tonight takes the form of a choir of what you can only describe as angels singing an epic chorus to a fallen hero. You don't catch his name]
You see wilwarin538, up late at this hour. She has a telephone in her house, and she's talking to someone on it. She looks extremely confused and upset, and you zoom in on a badge she is holding. Well, it turns out she is the Agent. Interesting...
[the hold music resumes, and you're back in whatever place you were, still communicating with the Other]
Hey, if you're ever in this plane again, look me up. I'm at 816 Temple Drive, R'lyeh, South Pacific. Or check my cell [***-***-****].
And so you wake.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Poem I thought up while at work:

The Haunting Moon
I must Heed its melancholy tune
I can't control the Inner Beast
The time has come for me to Feast
To spread My horrid Mortal Sin
To newly annointed Kin
This is my Endless Fate
my hunger, I shall never Sedate.