The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #1
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
WWJ Attack of the Werecats:The ppuuuurrfect village

The warm summer breeze blew threw the small Hobbit settlement, nestled in the rolling hills North of the Brandywine bridge. The moon was rising, casting shadows on the fair village. There on a hill overlooking the town sat three large carnivors.They sat it silence and stared.
"I think we have found it my friends!" said the largest of the three. "I agree, I agree." Said the one to left." This shall be the ppuuurrfect village for us!" Said the one with the torn ear, to the others. As they stood and looked down on the village that was to be theirs, they came up with a terrible plan. "We shall live amongst them, for awhile....until we earn their trust....then Whammo!"
"I agree, I agree!" said the one to the left as it jumped gleefully into the air.With a large feline grin, the largest of the three extended it's arm out towards the small dwellings.

"He dies, She dies, everybody dies!" said the largest, pointing to dwellings in turn,with a haunting laugh.

There they stood in awe of what was to be theirs, all theirs."Come now lets dance!" shouted the one with the torn ear. " I agree, I agree!" said the one to the left.

So they danced and waited........The night to stike would come soon enough.

Last edited by Valier; 03-26-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Hello and welcome to Attack of the Werecats. I am Valier your Mod for this game of twists and surprises!! Naria shall be my Co-moddess. Her word is as good as mine, if she posts at any time please pay attention to what she says. I also must insist that you read my developing story line carefully.....You never know what you will find

RULES

- There will be no double lynching, if there is a tie of votes for any reason, I will choose the first player to reach the highest vote.There will be Retractable votes. They will be dislayed like so:

++Valier

Bolded and on a separate line.

If you wish to retract your vote you must do so as follows:

--Valier

++Naria

Both bolded and on separate lines.
Please do not abbuse the retractable votes. Please limit your change of vote to no more than five times.

-If you die, your dead. Do not pm or write on this thread about anything pertaining to this game. You may at no time give proof of your role.ie: Pm's

-You may only edit your posts to correct bolding, or major spelling mistakes,Also cross-posting. You must post a reason!

-If you do not vote or post two days in a row, you are killed. Unless you have a really good reason and you beg me for leniency..

-If you can not get to a computer, please post this in the wwj thread so others are aware.

-All players must be in invisible mode during the duration of their life in the game. Myself and Naria will be visible, so players can always ask questions if needed.

-Days and nights will begin at 5:00pm CST. The first day *RL* Will be a DAY phase. Werecats can pm till Naria and myself's death.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roles and rules for roles:

Innocents:The innocents roles are to cheat,lie, weasel, ally whatever they wish to weed out the Werecats in their midst.

Werecats: There will be three werecats. Their objective is to kill villagers at night, until the number of villagers equals the number of werecats.
Eacn night the werecats will select a villager to kill and pm the name to me. They may only pm each other during the night. I will reveal the name and role of the player choosen, each "morning".

Seeker: There is one seeker. Their role is to dream of villagers each night, helping the village weed out the Werecats.
Each night the Seeker pm's me with their choice of which villager, to dream about. They will recieve a true answer from their dream.

The Taker: There is one Taker, their job is to take a Werecat with them to the grave when they themselves meet their doom.
The Taker can at any time pm me with a name of a person they believe to be a Cat, they can change their pick at any time Day or Night. When the Taker dies, either by the Werecats or by being lynched by the villagers, they will take the last name pm'ed to me down with them. The role of the Taken villager will be revealed. The Taker may pm with the Protector during the Day ONLY.

The Protector: The Protector's role is to protect one villager at night from a Werecat attack.
Each night the Protector must pick one villager to protect from the Werecats, sending me their pick by pm. The Werecats can not kill that person during the night. If they try, the villager survives the night. The Protector can not protect themselves. They may only protect the same person twice in a row, no more. The Protector may pm with the Taker during the DAY only.

The Birthday Dreamer:The fifth night will be one Ordinary villagers birthday. They will receive a pm from me during the Day letting them know it's their birthday. That night they will dream about a villager of their choice. If they choose a Gifted, they will become that gifted as well, for the rest of the game. If they choose a Werecat they will become one themselves and join the pack. If they choose an Ordo the game will continue as normal.

Last but not least have fun!! I know I will!

Roles have been sent! Game will begin with a DAY phase, starting at 5:00 pm CST. Werecats may pm till my death.

Last edited by Valier; 03-27-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

1420!

"Oh lovely!! Right there! Oooohhh my aching feet! Thank you dear for coming over so late and tending to my old achy feet."
"Oh but that is what a Pediotrist does my Dear and you are o'so generous with your ale"

The two hobbit ladies sat talking joyously into the night. One massaged the feet of the other and they both drank the ale. As Naria rose to fetch more ale, a sound could be heard from outside the window.

"Valier dear did you hear that?"
"That noise just now? Yes I heard it."

Both women now standing,strained their ears to listen....
"Meow! Meow! Meow!" they suddenly hear from outside.

"I think it is a dear kitten, perhaps looking for a meal."
"Well Naria, shall we go and fetch it and fill its little belly?"
"We shall!" said the Pediotrist.

Linked arm and arm, so as not to wobble both women stepped out into the night.

"It sounds like it's coming from those hedges over there, Valier my dear."
"I concure Naria my friend."
"Here kitty, Kitty...........I don't see it! You go and fetch some of your good cream Valier and we shall lure it out."

As Valier leaned inside her icebox, she heard the distinct sounds of a kitten behind her. As she turned she saw a shadow of a cat projected onto the door by candle light.

"Awwww I see you little one. I have some nice fresh cream for you"....But as the shadow came closer, it grew bigger and bigger until it towered over the small woman.
Two screams simutaniously rang out into the night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 1 DAWNS

As the villagers awoke and stepped out into the sunlight they knew something was wrong. Valier was always one of the first venders to set up shop in the morning to sell her tomatoes. She was nowhere to be found.

"I say we make our way to her dwelling, I bet the old bat just fell and can't get up", said Sleepy

"I hope she's ok!" whispered Kath

"Yes! I hope she is ok too!" said Wilwarin

"Ah I am sure she is as right as rain." Said Mormegil. "She probably just slept in."

As the whole village approached her house they saw something horrifying on the ground outside Valiers house.There lay Naria the Pediotrist, she was as flat as a pancake. She had been trampled to death....or maybe danced upon to death?
As they entered the open door of Valier's hole, they found her also on the ground. She was covered from head to toe, with long thin scratchs.
A girggle of blood escaped her lips as she tried to say something with her last breath....."It was the Cats!" She uttered before she passed.

"Cats? What does she mean? Asked Eonwe
"Look here villagers a note!" said Garin as he picked a piece of paper off the ground.
It read in childlike script. It said.

We three are better than thee!
We want your town.
It shall be ours.
Get out, get out while you can!
Or we three shall kill thee one by one.
This is the Puuurrrfect village!
We shall have it even if you don't please!

Signed: The Three

"What ever shall we do? AskedRoa.
"We shall find these fends and set them right!" Declared Alcarillo

So the hunt begins for the Three, who want it all.

Dead villagers:
Valier: Tomato grower- Died from a thousand cuts. Moderator
Naria- Pediotrist-Was danced upon until she died.Co-Moderater

Live villagers:
Telperaca-Baker
Kitanna-Grumpy old woman
Diamond18-Barmaid
Roa-Aoife-Folklorist
Wilwarin538-Berry picker
Nogrod-Ale brewer
Garin-Weathered former mercenary
Sleepy Ranger-Mayor
Kath-Ale drinker
Alcarillo-Fisherman
Eonwe-Wayfaring stranger
Farael-Foolofatook
Formendabras Took- Ne'er-do-well
Glirdan-Barman at the local Inn
Mormegil-Shirriff
Thinlomien-Postwoman

It is now DAY1. WereCats stop pming. Protector and Taker commence pming. And remember.....Have fun!!!!

Last edited by Valier; 03-27-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
OOC: What happened to 11pm!

Due to the late hour this will be my only post for the next 16 hours or so. Need to get some good drinking in. Thought I would stick my head in first though, in order that you get something coherent toDay!

Let action commence!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #5
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Oh, no Valier is dead!!! Who shall I buy tomatoes to throw at Glirdan's inn when he's asleep? and Naria too!! Who shall massage my feet when they are tired and sore from escaping Glirdan after he awakes?

I am terribly saddened by this situation. Only thing I know is that Kath is a werewolf!!! What? wrong game!! ok, I'll shut up now

Be back later.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #6
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Valier dead?? Oh dear... Who shall I buy my tomatoes from to cook my meals at night? And Naria as well? Who will massage my feet after I ran after Farael ( )?

I've heard about things along these lines happening in other villages, but they had Wolves!! By the looks of things, we're dealing with something along the same lines. We must band together and find these creatures as soon as possibly can!

I must depart for the time being but I will return later on.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #7
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Kath analysis

Yesterday - 2 posts

#4 - Wonders the starting time. Says she will back.

#101 - Suspects morm (pointing out Diamond's and Farael's "fighting", which she doesn't take seriously), Garin (for his cat-ownership), Farael (tried to get people pick up his random accusations, eager double-lyncher, changes suspects often) and Telperaca (vague reasoning). She says something that makes me uneasy:
Quote:
I'm also suspicious of Sleepy, but I have no reasoning behind that. He just makes me feel very uncomfortable. I would rather vote for someone I had real and even vaguely supported suspicions of, but at the moment my vote is likely to go to and stay with:
and then she votes him. Just above, she voiced somehow-grounded suspicions of three different people, so why on earth does she then vote Sleepy who she has no idea of? Kath, my friend, would you care to explain?

Today - nothing this far to analyse

Conclusion:
She has made only two posts this far and the one of them she is substantial in,she manages to be flip-floppy. Doesn't look good for her. Anyway, I would like to hear her explanations before drawing any further sinister conclusions.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
(I'm sorry for triple-posting... The flood is coming again... )

There are many people who haven't popped up by now. I know they still have plenty of time and they are in strange timezones , but nevertheless, it worries me.

When I read through the thread, two persons caught my attention. Alcarillo and Glirdan.

Alca just popped in and voted rather randomly (he gave no reasons except "suspiciousness"), then apologised and left. And he didn't even say he was in a hurry. I'd appreciate to hear about him more. He worries me a lot.

Glirdan doesn't post much substance. What really worries me about him is his analysises. Always an analysis. He might be trying to make us see through feline lenses or convince that he is helpful or convince he posts substance. he's hiding behind his analyses and I don't like it.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #9
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh, it seems it might be the time for me to leave. I vote

++Glirdan

He has had a word today. There's too few on Alca and Kath to go on. A few posts. And I don't like voting people who can't defend themselves. (I know I'll probably have to leave my noble policy some day...)

Anyway, I voted now because I might have to go anytime between now and less than half an hour. I might comment more before I leave (depending on when I leave), but in case I won't may we lynch a wolf and good night (or day, depending on your locations) to all!
Old 03-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #10
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Garin
Day 1
1st post - Character stuff. Mentions two cats? Thinks one wolf is in the early visitors, says he will vote for one of the first three visitors.
2nd post - definition of specious
3rd - definition of fallacious
4th - “Thanks for that, Roa…” (What’d I do?)
5th - Finds Alca’s vote and apology suspicious, not convinced about mod hints, is unsettled by sleepy trying to discern the gifteds, doesn’t like Diamond calling him a cat.
6th - character post (more mentions of pet cats) and distrust Eonwe for random vote theory
7th - Lists suspects: Eonwe, Alcarillo, Sleepy Ranger, Mormegil (Why not?) Votes Sleepy, doesn’t want to make him an enemy, Asks for deadline.
8th - responds to Diamond’s pic
9th - worries about Form, says, “A feline can throw in a couple votes against fellow werecats and then go after an innocent in the end.” decides to stick with Sleepy vote despite being unsure.
10th - regrets remark about being unsure with Sleepy vote, says it is a feline play, not sure about anyone

Day 2
1st post - describes his vote for Sleepy, is suspicious of Wilwarin, suggests looking at Nogrod’s list to “see what happens”
2nd - Agrees with Mormegil that Wilwa’s language seems contrived, suggests that the hints from the narrative may actually be useful
3rd - Points out that Nogrod trusted him, Mormegil, and Diamond. Still suspects the other two, list assumed behavior if Wilwa is a werecat, sates that the vote is retractable, votes Wilwa.
4th - apologizes to moderator for assuming validity of the “hints”, says he didn’t actually believe in that theory, explains that he suspects Wilwa because of the end of the day and the list, doesn’t think we should ignore the list
5th - Agrees with Glirdan that the dialog about past villages is inappropriate, wonders about the quietness of the village
6th - Suspicious of Diamond, Wilwa, Glirdan, says Morm and Thin haven’t left his sights
7th - Complains about being suspected despite voting for Sleepy, thinks the only reason he’s alive and Nogrod isn’t is because he’s easy to lynch, asks Thin to keep talking, finds Diamond suspicious because of instinct alone, says he likes to flush out comments
8th - agrees to analyze Kitanna, doesn't understand looking at the Sleepy Bandwagon, still suspects Wilwarin

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #11
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

And what are your own thoughts on that, Roa?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:10 PM   #12
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Analysis of Garin

What interests me is that you admit that Feline's may vote for each other to throw off suspicion, but then don't understand the reasoning for analyzing the Sleepy Bandwagon (oh, his name is too much fun). Your distrust of Eonwe came late in the game, as many others had been knocking this around before hand. While I know why I'm suspicious of Morm, I've yet to hear why you mention him so specifically. Also, when you say you're still suspicious of Thin- I didn't see you previously mention being suspicious of her. Did I miss something? You also stay on your suspicion of Wilwa without giving a good reason for it. You admit that alot of your suspicion came from the list theory, which has now been tossed aside, but you hold onto it anyways. If you're talking about reactions to it, she didn't really react.

Also, you're vote for Sleepy came after a lot of suspicion had been thrown on him. Maybe you sacrificed your fellow cat to make yourself look innocent. Certainly, being the first voter would seem to clear you. However, if it looked like a bandwagon was about to start anyways, you may just have been using it to cover your tracks.

Edit: Cross posted with Thin. I like to keep my analysis and my summary seperate, so as not to sway people trying to analyze on their own.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:13 PM   #13
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
There are many people who haven't popped up by now. I know they still have plenty of time and they are in strange timezones , but nevertheless, it worries me.

When I read through the thread, two persons caught my attention. Alcarillo and Glirdan.
I am actually in agreement with you here. Glirdan doesn't concern me as much as Alcarillo and Eonwe. However, I don't buy Wilwa's defense and I will vote for her. Tomorrow I will look closer at them and others who haven't said much. I think your willingness to look at many sources speaks in your favor Thinlomien, to your innocence however I am not fully convinced but I am leaning that way now.

With that said I still am uncertain as to a lot of things but I feel fairly strongly that Wilwa's vote yesterday was simply an attempt to dupe the rest of us by showing that she voted for a wolf. But really it was more like her screaming that she thinks we should kill him when he's already on the chopping block and transformed so it really doesn't show anything of her supposed innocence. Then we get to her explination and everything she says seems very contrived (to borrow from Garin...I was looking for that word). She's too suspcious for me.

++Wilwarin of the numbers
Old 03-30-2006, 12:27 PM   #14
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Following my analysis, it also occurs to me that your other main reason for suspecting Wilwa is her vote for Sleepy. Why then would you ask for the reason of analyzing Sleepy's voters?

Also, your first post today, drawing attention to your sleepy vote makes you very suspicious in my mind. It seems like your saying, "See? I voted for a cat! I must be innocent," which is exactly what I would expect a cat to say.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:33 PM   #15
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
No, you all!! VOTE FOR EONWE!!! HE'S SLIPPING THROUGH THE CRACKS!!!

Ok, back to my bacteria... erm I mean foolish behaviour
Old 03-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #16
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Lommy your suspicions of me are well-founded, but false. I know my reasoning was bad yesterDay but while I analyse and try to find reasons for those I suspect, sometimes you have to go with gut instinct. It is often the case that those you can't find proof of guilt for are the ones that are guilty, as they are trying harder to appear inconspicuous, to cover their tracks. But then you can get a 'feeling' that something is wrong, that they are too inconspicious and innocent-looking. Yeah that was a rubbish defence

To other people! Now, while I don't wish to bring up gripes about Nogrod's list again, I feel that Kitanna had a good point about looking at the way people reacted to it. Sleepy's reaction was indeed over the top, but that may have been more due to his noting that his own name was in the list rather than seeing those of his fellow wolves, though of course it is possible. So, due to the possible reasoning behind Sleepy's overreaction (I said possible morm, don't fire up) an eye should be kept on Telp, Lommy and wilwa.

Telp we haven't seen toDay and saw very little of yesterDay. There may be reasons for this and it could be timezones so I will leave her be for now, though I would like to hear more from her.

Lommy I think innocent. She's being a loudmouth and changing her opinion every few posts and so playing as normal

That brings me to wilwa. Many people have mentioned her last post yesterDay and I think with good reason. She was in no way sealing Sleepy's death as she was the last to vote and there was only one person left (I think). Her defence of herself toDay also left much to be desired. Her reasoning for her vote wasn't that she was simply voting for the one who she felt was most guilty out of the two, but the one that would put the least suspicion on her! Now while this is a valid concern the most pressing reason behind a vote whether it be Day 1 or Day 6 should be suspicion.

Oh and as for Nogrod's death, what if the Cats simply thought he was the Seeker? It would be a bold move indeed for the Seeker to expose themselves so early on, but it might have concerned the Cats that someone so quickly caught one of their number out and thought him to be this bold.

I will be around for a while yet this evening, up to quite close to the deadline so I won't vote yet. I know we have retractable votes, but it just makes things so confusing!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #17
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The rules

Quote:
The Birthday Dreamer:The fifth night will be one Ordinary villagers birthday. They will receive a pm from me during the Day letting them know it's their birthday. That night they will dream about a villager of their choice. If they choose a Gifted, they will become that gifted as well, for the rest of the game. If they choose a Werecat they will become one themselves and join the pack. If they choose an Ordo the game will continue as normal.
Yes it would be foolish for Formen to come out and say that he was the dreamer as a werecat or a gifted. He's most likely an innocent ordo, unless it's some bluff but I doubt that at this stage. We still have numbers on our side.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #18
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well, things are looking pretty bad for me right now. But I'll gladly be a sacrifice.

Form, why am I not allowed to say that you're not playing like you normally do yet protect you at the same time? How is that a crime??

Quote:
++Glirdan

If we kill him, morm, and he's innocent, I'm coming after you next. But that is only becuase I'm being driven into paranoia by consecutive Werewolf games. (Eonwe)
Well Eonwe, if things continue they way they are, you're going to have to follow through with that threat. Speaking of morm...I've been finding him rather...for the lack of a better word, odd. He was one who pushed for Teleperca's death even though it was plainly obvious that Telep was going to be lynched by the Modess. And now he's after me strongly.

By the way, Form, what happened to this:

Quote:
If I was a Werewolf, or a Gifted, then it would probably be a good idea, but as a plain old Ordo, I'm not entirely interested. If I die, I die...
Now I'm torn for who to vote for. Form to try and save my own butt? Or morm and Kath because they look rather suspicious to me? Hmmm....what to do? What to do....
Old 04-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #19
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well, I must vote now and I will go with my gut instinct.

++morm

I've given reasoning behind this. But it seems that this is my last Day amongst all of you. I wish you the best of luck with finding the final Wolf.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #20
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

You're not alone Glirdan.

++MORM

I must say I feel better with things being as they should (i.e. morm and me suspecting each other). Now, I don't have a lot to go on other than gut feeling right now, but I'm about to go do an analysis of posts. This time though I'll make sure I'm done before 1 minute to midnight!

My vote may change, but it's unlikely.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #21
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*gaspgasp*

++Morm

Did I make it?