The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-28-2006, 09:25 AM   #41
Telperaca
Animated Skeleton

Telperaca has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Eep. Sorry, I was having a lie in today..

++ Eonwe

You know he mentioned something about running away, and so far in the past, it's alway been the suspicious people running away...
Old 03-28-2006, 09:34 AM   #42
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Random Post :)

First of all I shall state that were-cats are meh... next I have decided that this vote to lynch is very democratic and we're a communist society... uh... yeah... uh... anyway I say that we lynch uh... what? Oh? Thank you... my aide has just informed me that Garin is obviously the protector and that Kitanna is definately up to something...

++Kitanna
Old 03-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #43
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I don't know about this one... At the TiGJ thread Valier was singing, that if we lack ideas, we should check the narration - and she told us beforehand to try to make some new things time to time...

So please read this note left by the Three, and check the initial letters:

Quote:
We three are better than thee!
We want your town.
It shall be ours.
Get out, get out while you can!
Or we three shall kill thee one by one.
This is the Puuurrrfect village!
We shall have it even if you don't please!

Signed: The Three
So it makes: WW I GO T W S

Thinlomien / Teleparca?
Wilwarin?
Sleepy?

I just couldn't believe, it would be this simple, but I guess this is worth noticing. Not the least because of concerns about Lommy (by Morm) and some mine about Sleepy (underlining his random-voting early on - although this not the first time he does that).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:04 AM   #44
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I don't trust Sleepy on principle, but that's another story. Morm, Glirdan, I'm still waitng on an explanation. "At each other's throats" is rather string language for what was clearly nonsense. Not that I trust Farael, but I think that particular case is full of holes.

And Nogrod, I think it's difficult to call my posts "attacking" considering your chosen style. I'm surprised you haven't started in on some poor victim yet. That's a new trend for you.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #45
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe A deeper look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I just couldn't believe, it would be this simple, but I guess this is worth noticing. Not the least because of concerns about Lommy (by Morm) and some mine about Sleepy (underlining his random-voting early on - although this not the first time he does that).
I vote random on Day 1 of any game I'm in. And I don't think Valier ever said she'd be revealing our foes, it could very well be one of the gifteds.

Lets try expanding the initials-

Wondering Whose Innocent? Garin Or Taker Wilwarin538

Or it could very well be-

Wondering Whose Innocent? Garin Or Thinlomien/elperaca Wilwarin538

That could very well be a way of pointing out that either Garin or the others are innocent. Now the reason I left out Signed: The Three is because its probably just the verse not the signature.

However, lets have a look at the signature anyway-
Singed: The Three
S T T
See Thinlomien Telperaca

Now then lets do as we're told-

Telperaca-Baker

A baker? Thats a good profession, nothing wrong with it but history has shown that bread and such can be used to pass on information. (ie; hidden inside)

So far Telperaca has only posted once; It seems to be a random vote, nothing suspicious. Voted Eonwe.

Post #41

Now lets have a look at Thinlomien

Thinlomien-Postwoman

A postwoman? Now thats a nod in the direction of messages alright. Lets examine her posts now.

Nothing suspicious about post #33.

And then, she votes Nogrod in post #34, stating that she will re-trace if needed.

Now I don't find anything suspicious about either of them but theres [mayhap] a link from the narrative and the messaging? Maybe they're the Taker-Protector?

Chew on it for a while.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #46
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Oh My!

I just noticed this,
Lets have a look at Roa_Aoife's location-

And now compare that with the wolves'/cats' motives-

As they stood and looked down on the village that was to be theirs

Co-incidence? Think about it...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:12 AM   #47
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
As the jobs were chosen before the roles were handed out, I think that argument is full of holes. Overly analyzing Valier's posts could do little more than distract us.

When you were the mod, your hints were so cryptic that for the most part we ignored them. Only the really obvious clue about THEKa was of any use. We (the innocents) managed to win with out them. (Still enjoyable to read though. When is the short story coming out?)

EDIT: Cross posted. I've had that location since January.... If we're looking at that as evidence, you could go with Farael's avatar- it has ears and a tail.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #48
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
As the jobs were chosen before the roles were handed out, I think that argument is full of holes. Overly analyzing Valier's posts could do little more than distract us.

When you were the mod, your hints were so cryptic that for the most part we ignored them. Only the really obvious clue about THEKa was of any use. We (the innocents) managed to win with out them. (Still enjoyable to read though. When is the short story coming out?)

EDIT: Cross posted. I've had that location since January.... If we're looking at that as evidence, you could go with Farael's avatar- it has ears and a tail.
And Valier could have very well handed out roles based on occupation. In the end your guess is as good as mine, theres no real arguement to this its more of a pick a side and stick with it matter. Over-analyzing anything could distract us, I doubt I plan to go through her current text again, as far as theorizing that goes, I'm done.

Valier isn't me... and the short story will be up along with my website, latest by mid-June. Yes, you've had it since before the game began and that matches what the wolves want, it could be a nod in the right direction and as for Farael, yes he does have an avvie with a tail and those ears but as far as I can tell the narrative has nothing pointing at that... If his avvie had a torn ear, then yes it would've been applicable.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 03-28-2006 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #49
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Overly analyzing Valier's posts could do little more than distract us.
I kind of agree with this one. Sleepy's interpretations might have been a bit overread, but still I think those initials were no coincidence.

What do they mean, is another matter, and I'm not so sure it's wise to delve into them too much. (Maybe the famous "take of four", so the spread-vote scheme - where one is a wolf... or a cat? Or anything...)

But we might benefit from seeing, how people react to them. Sleepy's reaction kind of raises eyebrows: why be so fast to make fun of those hints that Valier had said we should look? could it be, that it was pointing on some right directions...?

Quote:
And Nogrod, I think it's difficult to call my posts "attacking" considering
your chosen style. I'm surprised you haven't started in on some poor victim yet. That's a new trend for you.
Roa: I guess I have never "started on a poor victim". In our first game, as a seer, I knew you were the wolf. In the next one I defended myself against totally ungrounded votes by showing, that I can attack too, if that's what those voters wanted...

X-POSTED with Sleepy
Old 03-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #50
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe A bit of confusion...

Pardon this short post but Nogrod, what do you mean 'make fun of'? I was offering a serious suggestion not ridculing anything.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:35 AM   #51
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
Pardon this short post but Nogrod, what do you mean 'make fun of'? I was offering a serious suggestion not ridculing anything.
Then we have read them differently... I thought, you were trying to stretch them to the limit and make the whole stuff seem absurd.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:45 AM   #52
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Then we have read them differently... I thought, you were trying to stretch them to the limit and make the whole stuff seem absurd.
Ah, just a simple mis-understanding I see. Perhaps now you'll go over them seriously and see if they could mean anything? I've always like recieving second opinions on things.

And Nogrod, I trust you. In my opinion, you're not a wolf/cat, I just hope that I'm not mis-placing my trust.

Current Vote Count

Eonwe (Farael, Formendacil, Telperaca) - 3
Farael (Alcarillo) - 1
Nogrod (Thinlomien) - 1
Kitanna (Sleepy Ranger) - 1

There seems to a be a bit of an Eonwe band-wagon here.
Note: Three votes may not be a lot but they do account for 50% of the current number of votes.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 03-28-2006 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Spuh-elling
Old 03-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #53
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I think the following is more interesting still:

V1. Farael voting Eonwe:
Quote:
What easier way for a werecat to hide than to cast a random vote? Eonwe already knows what that could lead to ---
Anyhow, I think that Eonwe is playing fool because he knows it'll keep him safe
V2. Alcarillo voting Farael:
Quote:
Farael seems a bit eager to vote and spread suspicion. His vote for Eonwe looks like it's on shaky ground to me. My gut feeling is that I might vote for 'im. Plus I don't like the way he's askin' what's wrong with everybody.
V3. Form voting for himself and immediately Eonwe:
Quote:
++ Formendacil.
Ermm... that's not such a wise tactic I guess.
-- Formendacil
++ Eonwe
Not for any particular reason... I just have found him totally perplexing in past games, and I'd just as soon be rid of perplexing things: perplexing and I don't get along well.
V4. Lommy voting Nogrod:
Quote:
in case I won't be back. That's hunch-based, nothing else. I hope I can return and cast a more reasonable vote.
V5. Telperaca voting Eonwe:
Quote:
You know he mentioned something about running away, and so far in the past, it's alway been the suspicious people running away...
V6. Sleepy voting Kitanna:
Quote:
Todays going to be a busy day for me so I doubt I can post much. Expect a random vote later on. ---
Random Post my aide has just informed me that Garin is obviously the protector and that Kitanna is definately up to something...
Read it as you wish...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:59 AM   #54
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Anyone else finds a pattern between three voters very disturbing?

Eonwe, Thinlomiel and Sleepy Ranger have all said that they voted randomly. Furthermore, Sleepy has been talking a lot but being really useless

What's that cautionary remark that 50% of the voters have voted for Eonwe? its only THREE VOTERS in a village with fifteen (or more) people in it. The only chance the three current votes add up to a majority is if the remaining nine or ten people to vote decide to spread their votes over SIX other people.... how likely is that?

So I say, Eonwe, Thinlomiel and Sleepy are our werewolves.... let's get rid of Eonwe and Sleepy today (double-lynches are allowed, right?).

Oh, and for those of you who criticise me for drawing attention to my day 1 bantering.... *cough MORM cough* I just found it so ridiculously dumb that anyone could make anything out of my discussion with Diamond I just HAD TO.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #55
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I disagree with Nogrod and Roa. I think the hints might come in handy, though we shouldn't let them to be the main point.

Nogrod, a few points about your thing. Why should WW mean wereCat? Cat begins with a c. And how do you interpret "I go"? I don't think your interpretation makes sense; there are too much flaws. And Sleepy's versions hardly make any more sense. I don't say I could make up anything better, though.

I can't say anything about today's posts really. Now, I'm probably going to skim through them more carefully so I can change my vote if necessary.

edit: xposted with Nogrod and Farael
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #56
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Eonwe, Thinlomiel and Sleepy Ranger have all said that they voted randomly. Furthermore, Sleepy has been talking a lot but being really useless So I say, Eonwe, Thinlomiel and Sleepy are our werewolves....
You're not serious, are you? You certainly make me confused.

What is so especially wolvish about random votes? Based on my knowledge both innocents and werepeople use them, especially on Day 1.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:08 AM   #57
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Anyone else finds a pattern between three voters very disturbing?

Eonwe, Thinlomiel and Sleepy Ranger have all said that they voted randomly. Furthermore, Sleepy has been talking a lot but being really useless
A lot of people vote randomly on Day 1, and I haven't intentionaly been making myself useless and if I come across as such well meh, then I guess I'll just shut up and watch rather than be an annoying participant.

Quote:
What's that cautionary remark that 50% of the voters have voted for Eonwe? its only THREE VOTERS in a village with fifteen (or more) people in it. The only chance the three current votes add up to a majority is if the remaining nine or ten people to vote decide to spread their votes over SIX other people.... how likely is that?
I don't know if you're intentionally mis-reading what I said or what but I said its 50% of the current number of votes. ie; 50% of 6, I didn't make a big deal about it, I acknowledged that its not a lot taking the whole village into account but if you look at just the 6 votes then yes it is a lot.

Quote:
So I say, Eonwe, Thinlomiel and Sleepy are our werewolves.... let's get rid of Eonwe and Sleepy today (double-lynches are allowed, right?).
No double-lynching isn't allowed and I find your eagerness to be somewhat disturbing, as if you're trying to find a way to minimize numbers quickly? Hiding something dear Farael?

Quote:
Oh, and for those of you who criticise me for drawing attention to my day 1 bantering.... *cough MORM cough* I just found it so ridiculously dumb that anyone could make anything out of my discussion with Diamond I just HAD TO.
I may be wrong but this strikes me as a hypocrytical remark. You have a look at others based on 'banters' (that is at least what you called mine) and then you tell people off for watching you due to bantering? Farael you're beginning to seem rather jumpy/fishy to me...

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 03-28-2006 at 11:09 AM. Reason: coding
Old 03-28-2006, 11:12 AM   #58
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I don't know if you're intentionally mis-reading what I said or what but I said its 50% of the current number of votes. ie; 50% of 6, I didn't make a big deal about it, I acknowledged that its not a lot taking the whole village into account but if you look at just the 6 votes then yes it is a lot.
And I got the impression he (Sleepy) was noting the current trend.

I'd like to suspect Telperaca for a very vague vote which is actually quite random (or so I believe), but as she's a newcomer I will be gentle to her, unless she shows real suspiciousness.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #59
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

And Farael my name is ThinlómieN.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #60
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
And I got the impression he (Sleepy) was noting the current trend.
I was...
That post was in response to Farael saying I was making a big deal out of nothing, he pointed it out in figures and replied in the same. Sorry for the confusion dear Thinlo.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #61
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
A lot of people vote randomly on Day 1, and I haven't intentionaly been making myself useless and if I come across as such well meh, then I guess I'll just shut up and watch rather than be an annoying participant.
Don't mind me.... I'm annoying like that. Please, do participate =)

Quote:
My point is that it was a completely unneccesary remark... and I tend to suspect those who make completely unnecesary remarks, as they are a good way to look helpful but add nothing

Quote:
No double-lynching isn't allowed and I find your eagerness to be somewhat disturbing, as if you're trying to find a way to minimize numbers quickly? Hiding something dear Farael?
Make of it what you'd like, Mr. Sleepy.... maybe I am trying to minimize numbers.... the number of werecats!!!!

Quote:
I may be wrong but this strikes me as a hypocrytical remark. You have a look at others based on 'banters' (that is at least what you called mine) and then you tell people off for watching you due to bantering? Farael you're beginning to seem rather jumpy/fishy to me...
No, as far as I can recall, I've only accused people on random votes and unnecesary comments.... if I accused anyone on a banter, it was a banter of my own and I've only bantered with Diamond, Kath and Glirdan to some extent. Other than that, I've been making relatively serious posts.

Edit: Fixed quotes

Last edited by Farael; 03-28-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #62
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
And Farael my name is ThinlómieN.
I apologise!! I Don't know where I got that misguided L from.... by the way, cross posted with Loomy (can I call you that?)
Old 03-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #63
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Oh, Sleepy the last game I played in three different people who were later revealed innocents tried to explain me how double-lynchings benefit the innocents more than the wolves. And I managed to understand it the third time. So I don't consider Farael suspicious because of that, though on Day 1 when all is pretty random the double-lynch maybe isn't the sanest choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Loomy (can I call you that?)
If you really wish (though it sounds like 'luumu' which is Finnish and means 'plum') and if you don't mind me calling you Faraeel (a nice typo I made in my latest post).
Old 03-28-2006, 11:30 AM   #64
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
I am concerned by Alcarillo's vote followed by a preemptive apology. This is a common wolf ..er ...cat practice.

As for hints from the mod, I'm not really convinced, especially by the amount of interpretations they are inspiring.

Sleepy
seems to be already speculating who the gifteds are, this make me uncomfortable.

Diamond said I was a possible cat. This I don't like because I know I am not .

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:32 AM   #65
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
I admire this line. Whether you're a cat or not, you haven't lied. Clever play, master Garin...
Old 03-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #66
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I'm back... a bit early too, for that matter.

And, you know, I'm still entranced with this whole retractable votes business. I love it, really!

(I also rather like my "not going to read any posts this game" idea, but I don't think it'll fly.)

-- Eonwe

And now...

Who to vote for???

This being a Day 1, and being rather drunk on sillyness, I think its time to start a vendetta.

Farael! You guilty traitor!!! You vile Lover!!! Seducing one of the Werewolves to the ruin of us all!!! I want you dead!

++ Farael.

P.S. I love this game.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #67
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Formy, your style makes me uneasy. You're changing from a bandwagon that people started to be concerned about to a person who's earning a lot of suspicion right now. Wolfy, perhaps...

edit: Not wolfy of course - stupid me. Cat-like.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #68
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Formy, your style makes me uneasy. You're changing from a bandwagon that people started to be concerned about to a person who's earning a lot of suspicion right now. Wolfy, perhaps...

edit: Not wolfy of course - stupid me. Cat-like.
Aha!

An even more worthy target!!!

-- Farael

++ Thinlómien

You evil person! You RUINED me in the last game- you and your comrades of evil, going around ruining the hopes and dreams of Werewolves! I hate you, I hate you all!!!

And yes, I am a Werewolf- however did you guess? But a Werecat? Never... Just let one of those little pussies come hither, and I'll snap them in two.

(Three vote changes down, maximum of two to go...)
Old 03-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #69
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

...and now when I pointed your cattishness out, you're again changing your vote just for the sake of retractables. I see you enjoy the game. Though, maybe a cat wouldn't be so bold or so stupid, but then again you might be counting on that we believe so.

--Nogrod

++Formendacil
Old 03-28-2006, 11:53 AM   #70
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Well I've consulted my mousers and they are of little help:

1) They want more tuna.
2) They want more catnip.
3) Even if they knew the identity of a 250 pound Werecat they would just hide under my bed while I was being massacred.

Eonwe, I still have my eye on you because announcing a totally random vote is a nice way to disregard killing an innocent on the next day.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:53 AM   #71
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I wouldn't do that if I were you Thinlomien..... Formen can be useful after day 1, let him have his fun foday, he'll mellow down tomorrow (Game time).

Anyway, I still stand by my vote.... Eonwe and after we lynch Eonwe the cat I shall go after Sleepy the cat.... Thinlo I might forgive you some day, but so far you are up after sleepy.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #72
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Well I've consulted my mousers and they are of little help:
1) They want more tuna.
2) They want more catnip.
3) Even if they knew the identity of a 250 pound Werecat they would just hide under my bed while I was being massacred.
Garin and many more people: try to be a bit more substantial. I hope that the one-post posters re-appear before sunset.

Anyway, I have to go and won't be returning toDay. Good night!

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-28-2006 at 11:56 AM. Reason: does the sentence "I hope to the one-post posters re-appear before sunset." make sense?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:06 PM   #73
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Thinlómien,
I was just trying to add a little color to the dialogue. My main point was to add Eonwe to my list of suspected:

Eonwe
Alcarillo
Sleepy Ranger
Mormegil
(Why not?)

I'm going to go with ...

++Sleepy Ranger

Although, I hate to make him an enemy. I'll probably check back later and see if I need to break a tie or see if someone has been indicted.

When is the bloody deadline again?

Old 03-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #74
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Eonwe (Farael, Telperaca) - 2
Farael (Alcarillo) - 1
Kitanna (Sleepy Ranger) - 1
Thinlomien (Formendacil) - 1
Formendacil (Thinlomien) - 1
Sleepy (Garin) - 1

Even though I appreciate Sleepy saying he trusts me, I can't quite return that trust, at least yet.

I share the suspicion with Garin, that announcing the randomness of the vote very early and pointedly (he made it twice known), is a good tactics for a cat to clear the trail... This goes to Eonwe too... and maybe some others (so they can't all be cats)?

I'm also a bit concerned about Sleepy's speculations concerning the gifteds - even if they are just ment to be fun, they are not something a sensible villager would go for.

But there is a third one thing that concerns me also. Basically, in games I've been, most of the wolves have been caught by some "outside the particular game" knowledge. As long as gaming goes, that's quite depressive. If I remember it correctly (correct me Sleepy if I'm wrong), I have played in two games with Sleepy. In the first one he talked somewhat, but not of anything concerning the game as such (a little aggravation, perhaps) and was quite happy to be lynched. He was an ordo then. In the next he just popped in and voted - saying it to be random (like now), but as he hit the wolf with it, got killed by night. He was an ordo then too, and didn't feel very sad about getting killed. But now he seems defending himself much more. And even though he started the day with the usual
Quote:
Todays going to be a busy day for me so I doubt I can post much. Expect a random vote later on.
But after that he has been pretty active... So having a role of a cat now, and all the suspense and the joy of gaming?

This is not an accusation, but a concern I would like Sleepy to answer, so as to be clear about this stuff...

X-POSTED with Garin; changed the vote-count...
Old 03-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #75
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Although, I hate to make him an enemy. I'll probably check back later and see if I need to break a tie or see if someone has been indicted.

When is the bloody deadline again?
I have nothing against you Garin, as far as I'm concerned you're not my enemy unless something develops against you. The way I see it unless it can be proved otherwise I have no reason to be anybodys foe.

As for the deadline, it is 2am my time I believe.

Quote:
Even though I appreciate Sleepy saying he trusts me, I can't quite return that trust, at least yet.
Perfectly acceptable, in fact I think the way I've been throwing around my trus (>_>) would seem rather silly.

Quote:
I'm also a bit concerned about Sleepy's speculations concerning the gifteds - even if they are just ment to be fun, they are not something a sensible villager would go for.
Rest assured I am rarely ever sensible.

Quote:
If I remember it correctly (correct me Sleepy if I'm wrong), I have played in two games with Sleepy. In the first one he talked somewhat, but not of anything concerning the game as such (a little aggravation, perhaps) and was quite happy to be lynched.
Correct, I'm still not so sure why I joined that game (I was in the middle of exams) and had no time do anything at all and I was glad to get lynched because I knew I'd be nothing more than a liability.

Quote:
In the next he just popped in and voted - saying it to be random (like now), but as he hit the wolf with it, got killed by night. He was an ordo then too, and didn't feel very sad about getting killed.
Not sad about getting killed? I was very disappointed about getting killed. I had my heart set on playing that game (and on the Day 1 alas I was too busy to do anything other than that single vote).

But Nogrod correct me if I'm wrong, weren't you part of WWJ and WWJ II? Have you forgotten how I played then? It was more or less the same as now. I did nothing in WWJ IV because I had no time do anything (exams you see) as for Mithalwen's I was plagued my time restraints on Day 1 and I never got to see a Day 2. Hopefully that clears up some doubts as to why I'm more active in this game.

And Nogrod from that post you seem to take my playing style as the not say much type and based on my recent games, yes thats what I have come across as but believe me it is in no way the way I'd play.

Whenever I play anything I enjoy being an active participant no matter what. And in the last two WWJs there were certain obstacles preventing me from doing so, I've probably already pointed this out but I was very disappointed at being killed off in the previous WWJ.

Hopefully that clears up any doubts about why I'm so loud-mouthed right now.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #76
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
But Nogrod correct me if I'm wrong, weren't you part of WWJ and WWJ II? Have you forgotten how I played then? It was more or less the same as now.
-----
Hopefully that clears up any doubts about why I'm so loud-mouthed right now.
I guess I have to correct you. I joined the Downs on January this year, and have been only in three games - all in succesion. So not forgotten, but not knowledgeable...

But you seem to have quite reasonable explanations.

I just belong to those, who would like to vote with even a tiny backing reason to their votes (don't like random voting at all). If it goes right, you can be happy and proud, if it goes wrong, you carry the guilt.

But more importantly. I still think that random-voting suits wolves (or cats). If everyone would have to really give reasons for their votes, it would be harder for the wolves (cats), because they will have to lie at some situations and therefore be so much more careful with their tongues... And that's the way you can hope to get them. Although I do see, that piling reasoned votes on day one is quite a task.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:53 PM   #77
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
I guess I have to correct you. I joined the Downs on January this year, and have been only in three games - all in succesion. So not forgotten, but not knowledgeable...
My bad, though I was certain you were in WWJ and WWJ II with me. I probably have you confused with someone else, sorry.

Quote:
But more importantly. I still think that random-voting suits wolves (or cats). If everyone would have to really give reasons for their votes, it would be harder for the wolves (cats), because they will have to lie at some situations and therefore be so much more careful with their tongues... And that's the way you can hope to get them. Although I do see, that piling reasoned votes on day one is quite a task.
Yes I agree with you that random voting suits the wolves however it is hard to get any good evidence on Day 1 and the norm (as I see it) is for a band-wagon on the first day and yes, its good when you get the wolves stuck in a corner and force lies out of them, that would lead to those oh so sweet contradictions which will eventually get them all lynched! ^_^

But anyway I didn't plan on sticking with my vote for Kitanna and shall change now-

--Kitanna
++Farael

My reasons for being suspicious of Farael have already been listed, out of all the people he seems to be the flippiest of them all.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #78
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ha!! You shall pay for that vote, Mr. Sleepy..... and you'll pay dearly when your furred skin is put on display down at the town hall.

I love you all, this village is so talkative!! but I have to go now and I shan't be back before the dead-line (get it? dead-line.... where we draw a line to decide who dies.... anyone? come on, it's not that bad)

I shall change my vote... not because I don't suspect Eonwe anymore, as a matter of fact I'd vouch for a double-lynch if it were possible.... but because Sleepy is clearly as jumpy as I am....

--Eonwe

++Sleepy Ranger
Old 03-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #79
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Eonwe (Telperaca) - 1
Farael (Alcarillo, Sleepy) - 2
Thinlomien (Formendacil) - 1
Formendacil (Thinlomien) - 1
Sleepy (Garin, Farael) - 2

I thought we could do with an update on this.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #80
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Quote:
Form, please don't start that. Self-votersor wannabe-self-voters never achieve anything but causing confusion.
Actually, I would beg to differ slightly on that point. I voted for myself last game and it was the only thing that managed to save my ordo-life and kill the last remaining wolf in the game. Granted, that was late in the game and I had to retract my self-vote to catch the wolf, but you see what I mean. There's always exceptions to the rule.

Okay. I had a ton to catch up on, so this isn't going to be very in depth (information overloads tend to leave me confused) but I have some observations:
  • Valier has left us hints in the narration, apparently. I'm not sure I like this. It's confusing.
  • Eonwe and Farael seem to be in the Day 1 running for "most suspicious" and Sleepy is coming up third.
  • It seems just about everyone besides Garin and perhaps Roa have thrown characterization to the wind. My own feeble attempt to maintain any sort of character will be to put a beer mug at the head of all my posts. Weeeeeee.
  • I have a few hours to spare before I must vote, seeing as I will be around till close to the deadline. This won't happen every day, but aren't we lucky toDay.

Other things I've noted is that for some reason which strikes me as odd:

Alcarillo voted for Farael, and in the very next post, Farael laid out a defense for Alca. No one was questiong Alca's vote or casting suspicion on him, so what's with the detailed defense? Why is it so important to speak up for the person who just voted for you, before anyone even has the chance to give an opinion on that vote? Curious.

Quote:
Ha ha! I like this. It's cute. But anyway, Garin, I think my post was obviously a tongue-in-cheek attempt at addressing the "let's vote randomly" idea. Note I also suggested I'd vote for Nogrod because he's the 7th person on the list and I'd like to eat chocolate 7 days a week.

This isn't to say I don't have my eye on both of you in a serious way, of course.

Right now that's all I have to comment on. Maybe once I've read through the posts again I'll have something more interesting to add. In the meantime, seeing as I'm not obligated to vote yet, I won't.