The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-27-2002, 02:19 PM   #1
TealDude3
Wight

TealDude3 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Now that it comes down to it...

Ok, its been discussed many times before, heck, people have said that its official, but will the Scouring of the Shire be in ROTK. Or, is the rumour that it won't be in the movie just that, a rumour. <P>In a recent interview with Christopher Lee, Lee said this.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><B>It may be just another rumor, but supposedly, in the last film, the third, the destruction of the Shire has been cut. </B><P>Christopher Lee:I can't comment on that for two reasons. One, we all signed a document of confidentiality, agreeing that we would never discuss these films until they came out. Two, I don't know. But about confidentiality, I had to do the same thing with the Star Wars film before it came out.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>"But TealDude, Galadriel didn't give Sam the box of soil and the seed, she only gave him a rope."<P>Yes, but Galadriel could give it to him in Minas Tirith.<P>I just want to know the URL to the site that makes this romour official.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Just remember, there were rumors that Shelob would be in TTT instead of being bumped to the next movie and it turned out the original rumor was correct.<P>Though, I wouldn't mind a Scoring of the Shire.<P>Let's just keep our finger's crossed.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:37 AM   #3
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

TealDude, with the fog of war surrounding this whole escapade, I'd be surprised if you got a clear answer before you saw ROTK for yourself. But you have the word of this Ghastly Monotreme that the North Island of New Zealand will not be big enough for both of us, should PJ hack this oh so important part of the story out of the movie.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:30 PM   #4
Peri
Wight

Peri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmm... I think it will be in the third. Because, it's that what Frodo sees when he looks into Galadriel's mirror? They added it at that part, now they have to follow thru and explain it.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:46 PM   #5
My Cat Sasha
Animated Skeleton

My Cat Sasha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to My Cat Sasha
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Hmmm... I think it will be in the third. Because, it's that what Frodo sees when he looks into Galadriel's mirror? They added it at that part, now they have to follow thru and explain it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Very good point, but...<P>Galadriel: I know what it is you saw, for it is also in my mind. It is what will come to pass <I>if you should fail.</I><P>Still, they really should include it. It's one of my favorite parts in ROTK! *sigh* Some clearer information may be avaliable in a few months.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:46 PM   #6
TealDude3
Wight

TealDude3 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's werid, because they told us in advance that Tom Bombadil wasn't doing to be in FOTR, why can't they just tell us.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:09 PM   #7
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

I think Scoreing of the Shire will be in RotK, but maybe it won't. Who knows...besides the actors a such. I can't wait to see Shelob in RotK.
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 03:05 PM   #8
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Even though it would be great if it was in ROTK, I have heard so many say that it is not going to be in it<P>Peter Jackson said that they took it out because it was not really part of the main story about Frodo returning the ring and all.<P>And even though I love that part, It would probably add another hour or so to the story because it has so many details
Old 12-29-2002, 03:09 PM   #9
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Did Christopher Lee really say "I don't know"?<BR>As unreliable as that is, it seems to suggest that they filmed it, but it might not make it to the final version.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:02 PM   #10
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

Gorwingel's right. In the director/writer audio commentary of the special edition FotR, he says that they're not doing it. He said that the glimpse of it in Galadriel's mirror is all we get. Humph.. He probably just doesn't want to burn his precious shire set