The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-07-2003, 06:43 AM   #1
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien School for the Fellowship

Hey, what would it of been like at school wth the fellowship? Just write down any random ideas, or scenes that u think would happen:
Galadriel would be the teacher for hair care. Or jewlry class [I can't spell...] Legolas would, of course, be the teachers pet.
Instead of latin there would be high elven.
There would be digging lessons given by... gloin! And Gimli would be the teachers pet. Legolas would come up with millions of pathtic excuses (I broke a nail!; I'm alergic to mud) Like me in PE!
Old 04-07-2003, 06:48 AM   #2
Anything but Arwen
Wight

Anything but Arwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Anything but Arwen
Silmaril

Trust you Sam...uhhhhhh

Gandalf: An ettiqitte class? You know wat I mean....in honour of Elly..

Samwise: Cookery of course...

Arwen + Legolas: They would take textiles, but only to learn to braid correctly

Merry and Pip: They probably Took (geddit? GROAAAN) advanced quantum physics, which destroyed their brains....

Aragorn and Boromir: RUGBY! (Wait, I gotta put that on my Strange Hobbies thread...)

Denethor: Chemistry, setting fire to things...

Cant think of any more...

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Anything but Arwen ]
Old 04-07-2003, 09:43 AM   #3
Airehiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Airehiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I can see Merry and Pippin being the class clowns, always getting in trouble for being goofy, but always cracking up the other students.

They'd probably try to put frogs in Galadriel's desk!
Old 04-07-2003, 10:08 AM   #4
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Boromir would be a B+ or A- student while Aragorn achieved straight A's or A+'s, thus setting up a bitter rivalry between them that would span through into adulthood. Some of the best school fights would be between those two, but the outcomes would always be undetermined because they'd have to be broken up by Gandalf, the principal. There wouldn't be any less bragging, though:

"Just admit it, you grubby idiot: I bested you! It was obvious to everyone that watched!"

"WhatEVER! I had you running with your tail between your legs!"

"Maybe in your dreams. I had you down for the count."

"Yeah? That's a little impossible, considering you can't count past two."

"Ooh, you'd better get ready to put that little preppy head of yours to the test, because when I'm done with you, I'll want you to tell me how many different Boromirs you see."

*another fight commences*
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 12:35 PM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo would be the quiet kid in the corner with the geeky hair and glasses and slide rule in his pocket. Most likely go on to get a degree in nuclear physics or whatever.

Celeborn would be the drama teacher.

Haldir would be the fit P.E. teacher who all the girls fancy despite knowing that he's a homosexual.

Arwen would be taking secret ciggy breaks in the girls' bathroom, and making out with Aragorn behind the bikesheds, and constantly breaking the dress code.

Elrond would teach English Lit.

Gandalf would be the politics or whatever teacher who everyone loved staying behind to chat with after class cos he has tons of great advice.

Sam would be the unsuspecting guy who everyone takes advantage of and he never realises or is too polite to confront them.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:36 AM   #6
Anything but Arwen
Wight

Silmaril

Quote:
Arwen would be taking secret ciggy breaks in the girls' bathroom, and making out with Aragorn behind the bikesheds, and constantly breaking the dress code.
I find that HIGHLY disturbing.......
I can see Luthien taking/teaching dance and singing.... maybe because, now, apparently, I am Luthien, and not Arwen, according to PFC...make up your MIND! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2003, 10:13 AM   #7
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Saruman would teach biology (heh). He'd give mega-hard assignments, and he'd have this rivalry with Gandalf, the philosophy teacher, that he would occasionally rant about for no particular reason. When he would do this, his classes would take the opportunity to take a nap.

Eowyn would take a bunch of PE classes, like weights, and would hang around with guys more than girls. The other girls (including Arwen) would tease her for being a tomboy, but then she would kick their butts. She'd be wishing she could go out with Aragorn, and is completely oblivious to the fact that Faramir (the quiet, tough guy) is is totally obsessed with her.

To go off on an odd character, I think Treebeard would teach an enviromental conservasion class. Saruman wouldn't get along with him either.

I think maybe Sauron would be the principle, as he can see everything.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:17 AM   #8
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Grima Wormtongue would teach history *immediately signs up for history class*

I think Denethor should teach politics, but they want to replace him with Aragorn, the young, witty, amusing student teacher. Cue rivalry and a hatred of Gandalf who is backing Aragorn as he applies for a job at the college.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:09 AM   #9
One Axe to Rule them All
Wight

One Axe to Rule them All has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arwen's dad would try to make her take home-economics, while she would be taking PE
Old 04-08-2003, 11:42 AM   #10
Mirabella
Pile O'Bones

Mirabella has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

The school would have two gangs: The Orcks (note the bad spelling [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ), and the Riders, who are constently kicking the Orcks's butts. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

COOL!! I've never seen my nose do *that* befor!!!!
Mirabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 12:14 PM   #11
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Lol!
Lobelia Sackviille-Baggins would be one of those nasty old ones who see everything that's going on throughout the whole class.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:47 PM   #12
akhtene
Shade of Carn Dûm

akhtene has just left Hobbiton.
A couple weird associations from my own teaching practice:

Eru - our evasive Head-teacher. Passes his will through his deputies (he's got four) but you never know where he is in person. Some little'uns may even believe he's a myth [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Bilbo - a sophisticated adolescent, who tells his hangers-on in a Geography lesson (probably taught by Gandalf):"Hear, hear. What he's saying may be true, as I've also been there." [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
(Will probably ad more after a closer observation...)
akhtene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:25 PM   #13
Airehiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Airehiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I could see Lobelia being the lunch lady if this were elementary - high school. The mean lunch lady that everyone hates and is slightly afraid of because if she caught you doing something wrong, she'd haul you out by your ear! All the while giving you a good talking to.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:25 PM   #14
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Frodo and Bilbo would be rich kids that everyone hung around just because they had money. Legolas would probably be the guy all the girls liked. Gimli would be one of those kids who's not exzctly fat and not exzctly muscular; and he would begin to grow a beard in fifth grade.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 07:22 PM   #15
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I could picture Denethor as one of those parents on the PTA who always thinks the principal/teachers are running the school all wrong.
Boromir would be the one who took all sports, "tough" stuff, captain of the football team, etc, whereas Faramir would be the sensitive artsy one who takes drama and loved Shakespeare, gets great marks in Art for his emotional work and so on... but Denethor would hang Boromir's report card (with terrible English mark and all) on the fridge and stuff Faramir's in a drawer.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:04 AM   #16
Anything but Arwen
Wight

Silmaril

These are so good! And I'm signing up for all the Faramir/Aragorn classes...

I can see Arwen as being a little angel to the teachers, especially Elrond of course, but being really sneaky and doing things like framing Eowyn for stuff, and sneaking behind the bike sheds with Aragorn...
And Eowyn would just be really good about it but then bug Arwen by being best friends with Aragorn too...
And Eomer would want to set up a riding club, much to the dwarves horror!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:24 AM   #17
Galadriel9
Haunting Spirit

Galadriel9 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hee Hee, these are so funny,
Gollum would be the strange, silent, vaguely gothic loner who always hung around on his own, sat in the back row, with at least 1 empty chair either side of him and was the one no one ever really noticed until one day...he blew the school up...or something like that...ok, maybe my schooling has been...disturbed!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2003, 12:55 PM   #18
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
Boromir would be the one who took all sports, "tough" stuff, captain of the football team, etc
Actually, I could see the football team being made up entirely of Uruk-hai... It certainly seems like that at my school...
Old 04-09-2003, 02:04 PM   #19
Rumil
Sage & Onions

Rumil has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

Whoah! I just realised I was taught by Lobelia Sackville-Baggins. (We knew her then as Mrs. Bunhead due to her hairdo). Her speciality was intimidating little first year kids into spying on the 5th year kids smoking behind the sports hall.

Scary!
Old 04-09-2003, 02:25 PM   #20
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I've had Lobelia as a teacher too- fourth grade. *shudders at the memories*
The Gaffer would be one of those teachers who always talk about 'in my day...'
By the way- I love your sig poem, akhtene. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2003, 02:49 PM   #21
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

Im SO in for the Legolas classes. I think Frodo would be the one who woke up all the people who fell asleep in class...
and Sam would always be eating something. and of course he always COOKED his own lunch before school.
Legolas would be the one who always got A's. And he always had a date...and all the girls always followed him around...he basicly had a fan club
Aragorn would be the guy who was smart, popular, and athletic...yet...he didnt have such a huge fan club
Boromir would be the guy who wanted to be Aragorn...not quite as smart, popular and athletic..but still pretty cool (i guess)
Arwen would be the girl all the guys wanted. smart and pretty...of course captian of the cheerleading team..
Pippen and Merry...identical. Always playing jokes on people and making fun of the teachers when they wernt paying attention. they basicly had permenant seats in dhall

thats all for now
Old 04-10-2003, 06:57 AM   #22
Anything but Arwen
Wight

Silmaril

Quote:
Gollum would be the strange, silent, vaguely gothic loner who always hung around on his own, sat in the back row, with at least 1 empty chair either side of him and was the one no one ever really noticed until one day...he blew the school up...or something like that...

Y'know, that sounds INCREDIBLY like me in my class....all my friends are in a different room to me,and nobody in my class seems to notice me, so I amuse myself by setting fire to/blowing up things.... BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, when my little gang get together at lunchtime, its a very elven affair..a lot of singing and quite often discussing horses...hey! We must be in The Riders! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2003, 06:59 AM   #23
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

LOVE the Gollum idea!!! I better think of some of my own now, hadn't I?
I really see Frodo being the geek, but thats already been said.
Gimli would be the freak that everyone hates. But he would be really good in PE or something and one day he'd get into a fight and he'd thrash the other guys butt. That other guy is... Haldir? Or an elf of soem sort. Hey, that'd just be funny.
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... Seriously freaked out... Aragorn would be the crazy one, sitting in tne corner wirting songs from his fav. disney film in a buffy way.. HINT HINT LOZ. (Not really, that just wouldn't work...)
Old 04-10-2003, 10:14 AM   #24
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

I can see Gimli as the tough kid that everyone makes fun of (even though he can kick everyones' butt) because he has a crush on a teacher, Galadriel. heehee [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2003, 10:03 AM   #25
Anything but Arwen
Wight

Silmaril

Ok, staff list

Haldir: PE/Gym teacher

Gandalf: Chemistry and stuff

Saruman: Economics and also mechanics and technology

Treebeard: Biology and Other Plant Subjects

Radagast: More Biology

Bilbo: English,and book-writing

Galadriel: The teacher all the guys fancy

Elrond: Headteacher and History (likes talking about the Fall of Men)
Yeah...ok, those are pants...
Old 04-19-2003, 01:01 PM   #26
Daewen
Wight

Location: Stuck inside an Aquafina bottle...HELP! ...seriously, I'm getting claustrophobic
Daewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daewen
OMG!!!! Purplefluffychainsaw thank you SO much for starting this thread! It's the insparation I've been looking for to start a story! I'm going to write a fic where the LOTR characters are teenagers in a school for juvinile delinquents...hm let's see...Elrond is going to be the principal...Gandalf is going to be the guidence counciler...Eowyn is going to go there because she's suicidal...Gimli can have anger managment issues...thank you so much!!!!! *hugs*
Daewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 11:23 AM   #27
Anything but Arwen
Wight

Silmaril

wELL, wouldya look at that? Sam, youve actually HELPED someone....ha! Now youre gonna have to blow up school or somethign to get it back off the 'Good' scale... (please, BLOW IT UP!)
Old 04-20-2003, 03:51 PM   #28
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Oh YEAH! This soooo FUN!

Frodo would be the Hermione Granger with NOOOO love experience.
I'd want to be Eowyn's little hobbit buddy. Then I'd change Frodo's WHOLE outlook on life by penning him against the lockers & kissing him. (I'd be sorry later when Merry & Pippin followed me around for a week calling me Mrs Baggins & asking how it was)
Now THAT's the school for me!
Old 04-20-2003, 04:12 PM   #29
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Here's how I would see it:

Gandalf: Principal/History
Elrond: Big-nosed Math/Algebra teacher
Galadriel: Psychic Guidance Councillor
Haldir: PE/Athletics
Bilbo: The insane Literature& English teacher
Glorfindel: The Sindarin/Quenya teacher
Arwen: The straight A slutty student who has slept with Mr. Glorfindel (that's why he hates her)
Frodo: Geek
Sam: big Brother who beats up anyone who makes fun of the girls & Frodo
Boromir: Literate kid who is failing math
Celeborn: Drama teacher
Legolas: Hottie the jealous boys call 'Gay'.
Gimli: tough shrimp who is really sensitive inside.
Merry & Pip: The Fred & George Weasleys
Aragorn: Kind jock
faramir:Sk8er boi & Eowyn's BF & secret crusher
Eowyn: Tough girl (girl all the bad guys want)
Uruks: F.B. team
Orcs: Gangsters
Saruman: Sciences (specializes in mutation)
Eomer: Tough dude (guy all the good girls want)
Theoden: Vice Principal
Gollum: Mad janitor (You filthy kids! We hates you forever!!!)
Lobelia: lunch lady
Sauron: Evil super intendent
Grima: Debate teacher
Treebeard: School doctor
Old 04-20-2003, 06:18 PM   #30
mordor136
Wight

mordor136 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

First of all gollum is the janitor. Gandalf got expelled for setting off fireworks. Frodo sits in the back desk flipping through a class rings catalog. Sauron is the principal with saruman as vice. AND finally merry and pippen make fun of arwen for always taking another female elf to the bathroom with her. (that really annoys me) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 06:32 PM   #31
Daewen
Wight

Location: Stuck inside an Aquafina bottle...HELP! ...seriously, I'm getting claustrophobic
I really love you guys you know that??? You're all giving me ideas for my story! I promise to give you all credit...but i'm gonna hafta use ur usernames since i dont know ur real names, but i seriously love you all!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 06:38 PM   #32
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Daewen,
I'm writing a story, too! I'm referencing right now! I now think that Goldberry should be the nurse & Tom Bombadil is the librarian.

Your hobbit mellon,
Lily B.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:42 PM   #33
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Tom Bombadil teaches music and runs the school orchestra/choir.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:28 PM   #34
Mirabella
Pile O'Bones

Mirabella has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Eowen: That weird, tough tomboy you always see with all her hair french-braided to the back of her head so it looks short, and then you see her at a dance or something, and she's the prettiest girl there.

Faramir: The smart, sensitiv guy nobody really notices.

Frodo: The rich boy everybody likes.

Sam: That kid who never brings lunch, but never buys it at scool, so everybody thinks he's on a diet, but really his parants are too poor to afford it.

Arwen: The rich girl everybody likes.

Merry & Pip: Star chess players [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img].

Gimli: Voted most likely to stuff you in a locker for making fun of kids like Sam.

Aragorn: Voted most likely to set you on fire for making fun of kids like Sam

Legolas: Star runner.

Boromir: Voted most likely to be stuffed in a locker and/or set on fire. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

COOL!! I've never seen my nose do *that* befor!!!!
Mirabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 07:37 PM   #35
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well...since Elrond is known as "lore-master" he would be the history teacher that is kind of like mine. Reserved, but passionate about what he teaches. A cold exterior but quite fun when you get to know him.

Now Grima would be the English Literature teacher. He can twist words to his own liking and the Anglo-Saxon/Rohirric would be a big help with the early English literature such as Beowulf.

Celeborn I could see as teaching a course in Quenya. The calm teacher that one would be hard pressed for anyone to imagine him yelling at anyone.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:27 AM   #36
Daewen
Wight

Lilly,
Do you want to collaborate on a story together since I think ours are sort of similar? Just a suggestion. Obviously you don't have to, but I thought it might be kind of fun.

You're Elven Pal,
Daewen
Old 04-22-2003, 04:02 PM   #37
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

I think if the school had a dance program then Galadriel would be the Ballet mistress, Elrond would teach tap, and Haldir would be the jazz/hip-hop teacher. Can anyone else see them teaching those classes?!? Also Gandalf would probably be the princeple and Legolas would teach archery.....
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 07:00 PM   #38
Senseless Skwerl
Pile O'Bones

Senseless Skwerl has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

home-ec teacher to a class of hobbits (beware there!)
teacher: now class, you take the dough, and kneed it-
sam- NO!! i told you already, add more milk first, THEN kneed the dough!!
pippin- and don't forget the mushrooms!!
teacher- pippin, we're making tea biscuits.
pippin- exactly! mushrooms, tea biscuits, it's a done deal!
teacher-.... i'm gonna retire now...
Old 04-22-2003, 09:27 PM   #39
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Sure, Daewen!
That'll be fun. I've already gotten some wild ideas...

At a school with LotR characters: The F. B. team would be called "The Flaming Balrogs". Their mascot: Bob the Balrog
Old 04-22-2003, 11:49 PM   #40
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

hehehe... Celeborn as the Drama teacher.... that is very amusing...

I can see Bilbo as the Mental maths teacher... or possibly Physics... i say maths because there is an old crazy maths teacher at my school... i mean it.. He has told us he has been abducted by Aliens...

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote