The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2002, 07:21 PM   #1
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting How much time?

Hi! I was just wondering, how much time do you gyes spend here? What about other tolkien related things? I usually spend about an hour doing stuff here and on other sites. How about you?

Dumb idia, I know, but oh well, I am bored. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2002, 07:29 PM   #2
Anna Licumo
Haunting Spirit

Anna Licumo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Anna Licumo
Sting

Ah, this is the only Tolkien website I belong to, and I spend amazing amounts of time on it- but school IS out. I also love going to lordoftherings.net, because you can see the trailer and the different actors greet you! Christopher Lee and Ian McKellen sound great and noble- though Lee scares me! (On a related note, did Sir Ian do the voice in the Imax "Journey of Man"? It sure sounded like him...) And Sam- Er, Sean Astin sounds SO happy! And Viggo and Orlando! Very cool! Eeeee!

Ahem. So. Yeah, I'm on most of the day, unless I'm with my friend, and then WE are on most of the day... huge difference there!

I am dangeling between geek and fan girl, here. That's not good. Better go read the Silm. more.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:32 PM   #3
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Well, that all depends on the night of the week and how tired my eyes are (reading on a computer screen can be somewhat straining at times).
I've been known (I guess, only to myself) to spend well over an hour here. That's when I'm doing lots of learning and looking up old threads.
Otherwise, if I am short on time, I try to stop in at least for a short while every time I sign on. I like to see what new topics and come up and what responses have been written for others...
I've been posting a lot less lately and I'm doing more reading instead.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 09:25 PM   #4
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

If I have the time (which I usually do) I can spend hours and hours on here. It depends on how many people are on and how often they post. For example, when I'm on late morning, afternoon, and early evening, it's very busy here and I am able to post more. When it's late at night, there are few people on here and I usually have to wait awhile to find a new post to respond to. And even if I get bored from spending 3 hours straight here, it takes awhile to get off because I'm addicted!

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-03-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 09:27 PM   #5
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well, I already have a routine now, since school is out. But I usually go for walks every other day about. And I also do other things like going to the mall, but on regular non-busy days, I usually spend a good portion of the day on here! Let's see....
At 12:00 pm I wake up. Well, sometimes it's like 11 or 11:30. And then I spend about 45 minutes doing morning stuff (eg. getting dressed, brushing teeth,etc.) And then I get online, and come here. And then I spend about 2 hours sometimes 3 on this website. Get off and check some Nickelback sites and then I get off. And then I come on at later times and stay on until I'm tired or unless someone else has to use the computer. I'v been nicknamed Cyborg by my sister.. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 09:30 PM   #6
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Well, my mom was laid off, and she is expecting a phone call from another hospital that she wants to work at, so from 8:30 to 5:30, no internet.
I usually spend several hours on this site alone (my dad once claimed that I was on for five or five 1/2 hours, but I think he was off by a couple hours; I don't think I've ever been on for that long.)

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 09:33 PM   #7
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I wake up at noon also. AAh summer is great. Anyway, I speand about an hour or so on here. Much to the dismay of my mother of course who belives I'm frying my brain on the computer when I should be outside frolicking with my friends who are all on vacation. In a few weeks or so, I won't be on as much, cause They'll all be back and i have band camp from noon to nine and I'll wake up at 11, so that means maybe 5 minutes of time on the Downs. O well, I'm here now.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:38 PM   #8
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

That's it!? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Nev, I've been on for longer than that believe it or not! And that was only when I was talking to someone about going to Scotland and playing bagpipes..(which was all made up of course, but I really wish I was going to Scotland!!)
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 09:40 PM   #9
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Well, like I said, I can't be on the internet from 8:30 to 5:30, so I don't have much time. *sigh*
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:36 AM   #10
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Today I woke up at 5:00 am! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] And I am on sumer vacation.. I even got to bed as late as 2:00 am, just because I wanted to sleep half of the day... But 5 am I woke up, thought it was morning (grr at the long days here in sweden) and got up, just to see that it was still night.. *ahem* early morning.. So I got back into my bed and slept untill half past eight (still in the morning).. no wonder if I sound weird.. Well, since all my friends are away and school isn't starting in yet another month, I spend all the time I can on here.. Of course, I check some other sites as well, but.... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Oh, I better stop typing now and check out the rest of the topics...
Old 07-17-2002, 01:55 AM   #11
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
my dad once claimed that I was on for five or five 1/2 hours
You may think that's a long time, but it's nothing compared to how long my sister is online. She can be on for up to 8 hours! And from that I have learned this:
Everquest: A fun, but addictive game. If you don't want your life to revolve around computer, take my suggestion. Don't play it.

I try to be here as much as I can. There are nights where I am up until 4:30 AM! Unfortunately, that means that I won't wake up until 11:30 AM or 12:30 PM. My mom doesn't like when I do that. Bad me.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-03-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 02:54 AM   #12
Alkithilien
Pile O'Bones

Alkithilien has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I'm new here so don;t know yet. But usually it isn't less than 30 minutes. But sometimes even more than hour on other forums^^
Old 07-17-2002, 05:28 AM   #13
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

At least an hour every day, this is THE LOTR-site for me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
And I spend loads of time reading LOTR books, writing in Elvish, listening to the LOTR-soundstrack, talking to friends about LOTR, and dreaming about it etc etc.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 06:13 AM   #14
Alkanoonion
Spirit in Eriador

Alkanoonion has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I first start at 7.30am to 8.30am
Then 12:00 - 2:00pm
And 7:00pm -10:30pm
It’s very addictive.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2002, 04:24 PM   #15
Caradhras
Haunting Spirit

Caradhras has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Caradhras Send a message via AIM to Caradhras
Tolkien

Hey~
Well it all depends I really do try not to spend to much time on here, but yeah. It's hard sometimes!!! Well, Laters~!

http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/serv...tz/grommit.gif http://216.40.201.38/otn/animals/bl_paw.gif
Caradhras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 04:26 PM   #16
Caradhras
Haunting Spirit

Caradhras has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Caradhras Send a message via AIM to Caradhras
Tolkien

Hey~
That's a really pretty picture that you have in your signature Alkanoonion!!!! where did you get that picture????? Laters~!

http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/serv...tz/grommit.gif http://216.40.201.38/otn/animals/bl_paw.gif
Caradhras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 10:43 PM   #17
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Right now, not much, can't sit at the computer too long with out pain. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But I usually am on a couple of hours a few times a day. My Record time online is 13.25 hours. I was doing a web design project and uploading many high-kb files (45 min sermons) to a web site.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:41 AM   #18
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I used to be on for hours on end, but about two days ago I got hooked on Neopets *blush profusly* So I will be on less, until I get bored, which shouldn't take too long.

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: Gimli Son Of Gloin ]
Old 07-19-2002, 05:58 AM   #19
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Well, I'm on both BarrowDowns and Neopets daily.. but mostly the BD.. yesterday I sat (more or less nonstop) from 9 am to 10 pm..
Old 07-19-2002, 08:11 PM   #20
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
I got hooked on Neopets
Quote:
Well, I'm on both BarrowDowns and Neopets daily
What are Neopets? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2002, 09:42 AM   #21
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

NeoPets

Well, uuummm.. basically, you create a pet and take care of it, play with it and stuff.. I'm no good at explaining, so you should check it out.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Or you can skip it. My lil' brother hates it, because he thinks it is like pokemon and he hates pokemon, so.. though.. uuuhhh.. oh well, you can take a look at it anywayz..
Old 07-20-2002, 10:12 AM   #22
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Hmmm. . . I tried that Neopets thing, and it's really weird there. I'm much happier here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2002, 06:51 PM   #23
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
The Eye

Usually only an hour or two depending on what time class gets out
Old 07-20-2002, 06:54 PM   #24
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
Sting

Eh neopets is cool, i've been there for like three years, but here is better
Old 07-21-2002, 06:44 AM   #25
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Yes, BarrowDowns is the alltimes winner, though neopets is cool as well. First time I visited neopets (about a year ago) I found it very weid, but when a friend forced me to get back and start playing it, I soon became hooked.. though I am more hooked here.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2002, 02:18 PM   #26
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Ring

I usually spend many hours here, it just depends on how much new posts there are to read. You'd think I would have posted more often since I'm on here so much.. Yet of course, it is summer and I don't have much else I have to do.

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote