The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #41
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Important Announcent

I just found out that my little sister's ice skating performance will go from an hour before to an hour after DL. I will post the results and narration when I get back. Boro has kindly agreed to call DL, and I expect everyone to be good little angels and stop talking then.

Carry on!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #42
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Yes, that was my assumption as well. I probably should have mentioned that earlier - I was planning to end with the lynch on the evening of the 24th and have a very long Night until the evening of the 26th, when Day 3 will start. Does that work for everyone? (Otherwise, we can have a very long Day 2 from the evening of the 23rd until the evening of the 26th.)
I'll only be able to have proper time until mid-way through the 24th (for you Americans, anyway) in that period, so either way would be the same for me.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #43
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
About the Christmas things - Day 1 for me ended at 5pm on December the 23rd. If the game was running as normal over the next few days without any allowances for Christmas, Day 2 would start at 5pm on Christmas Eve and end on Christmas Day at 5pm. So, naturally I wouldn't be around much then. I'm also likely to be busy on December the 26th.

I'll have to check the times through a time zone converter or something to see how I fit with it. If I understand right, we're planning to hold Day 2 (the one that for me goes over Xmas eve and Xmas day) as usual, but to have a long Night after that. Is that right? On the face of it I won't have any trouble with Day 3 that way, but Day 2 is likely to be a problem for me.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #44
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ugh. Sorry, all. I seem to have pulled a Nerwen.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #45
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Regarding Christmas, I should be around either way. I would prefer the long Night, but it won't make much of a difference for me.

Now, if this game lasts till New Year I will be affected.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #46
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh right, the New Year. If it lasts until New Year's Day, I'll have a bigger problem then, because I'm likely not to have any internet access for that day, if the Day falls then. If the game's running on Christmas Eve/Day, at a minimum I'll still be able to drop in to at least read through quickly and vote, so that's not so bad.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #47
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
First order of business, then: I'm going to go ahead and say that Day 2 will last from 11:00 pm EST of the 23rd to 11:00 pm EST of the 25th. IF it's been too difficult for people to get online, I will consider extending it an extra 24 hours (I will let you know which way I've decided well before DL, don't worry).

Second: Nerwen, Sally, and Morsul must vote at some point during that Day.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #48
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
If that works for everyone else I can technically get online for a few hours tmorrow before heading up to my mother's but after that I'm not getting home till christmas night(probably after DL

It'll be a Really early vote for me.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #49
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Yeaaah, it's looking like we'll need an extra 24 hours. ToDay will end approximately 48 hours after this post (correcting for the DL).