The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thumbs up Tolkien Sand Art

Here's a spectacular work of art!

Sand sculpture of Minas Tirith
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It's phenomenal! It must have taken a long time to make.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Two summers, he says in one of the comments.

It's amazing, and especially the sunsets look gorgeous.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Belegorn
Shade of Carn Dűm

Belegorn has just left Hobbiton.
Dunno how he did that over the span of 2 summers with weather and all, especially rain. Great job nevertheless.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
How does he keep it from collapsing? I'm supposing he has used 'builder's sand' as it has that silvery colour and it's more harsh (hence why it's used with cement to make mortar). Otherwise, I hope it has a fence around it or is otherwise well away from a beach the public uses because it would only take one five year old high on ice cream to do the kind of job on it that Sauron's massed forces could only dream about.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
There is a long tradition of sand sculpture at Weymouth. They even have Sandworld there now..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
Otherwise, I hope it has a fence around it or is otherwise well away from a beach the public uses because it would only take one five year old high on ice cream to do the kind of job on it that Sauron's massed forces could only dream about.
I think I read it was in his backyard.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I keep looking for the "like" button for that picture but I can't find it.