The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #2521
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Pipe The REST

Here you are, ladies.

-e / --s / -e-er / -e--t / t- / -e / ---t---- / -er- / ----;/ --- / -e / --s / -e-er / -er- / str---.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:27 AM   #2522
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
N-y Ns?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:26 AM   #2523
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe RENTS are due

Certainly are. Here you go.

-e / --s / ne-er / -e-nt / t- / -e / -n-t--n- / -er- / ----;/ -n- / -e / --s / ne-er / -er- / str-n-.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:04 AM   #2524
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
now I recognise it!

"But of course, he is only a little man.He was never meant to be anything very much; and he was never very strong."

The Second Voice about Niggle
Old 03-13-2007, 08:02 AM   #2525
Spectre of Decay

Pipe We have a winner.

That's the one, Guinevere.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #2526
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Sorry for the delay! Here is a new one to guess:

"-/ ---'-/ -------/ ----/ --/ ----/ ----/ -----/ ----/ ---/ -----/ --/, --/ ---/ ----/ ---/ -----/ -----/, --/ -----/ ----/ --/ --/ ----/ ---/ -----/."

(I hope you will continue to honour this game with your participation, Squatter. )
Old 03-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #2527
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
It's always T-time as far as I'm concerned!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 03-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #2528
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

a lot of T for you

"-/ ---'t/ -------/ ----/ --/ t---/ ----/ -----/ t---/ ---/ -----/ t-/, --/ ---/ t---/ ---/ -----/ t----/, --/ -----/ ----/ -t/ --/ t---/ --t/ t----/."
Old 03-15-2007, 02:29 AM   #2529
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O, please
Old 03-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #2530
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"P"s?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #2531
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TOP - but there are no P's, sorry.

"-/ -o-'t/ -------/ ----/ --/ t---/ --o-/ -----/ t---/ ---/ -o---/ to/, o-/ ---/ t---/ ---/ -o---/ t----/, o-/ -o---/ --o-/ -t/ --/ t---/ -ot/ t----/."
Old 03-16-2007, 02:54 AM   #2532
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

D, please
Old 03-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #2533
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TOD - no P

"-/ do-'t/ -------/ ----/ --/ t---/ --o-/ -----/ t---/ ---/ -o---/ to/, o-/ ---/ t---/ ---/ -o---/ t----/, o-/ -o--d/ --o-/ -t/ --/ t---/ -ot/ t----/."
Old 03-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #2534
Spectre of Decay

How about A?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #2535
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TOAD ( no P)

"-/ do-'t/ -------/ -a--/ --/ t---/ --o-/ -----/ t---/ a--/ -o---/ to/, o-/ ---/ t---/ a--/ -o---/ t----/, o-/ -o--d/ --o-/ -t/ --/ t---/ -ot/ t----/."
Old 03-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #2536
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Sss, my preciousss?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #2537
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TOAD (no S, no P)

"-/ do-'t/ -------/ -a--/ --/ t---/ --o-/ -----/ t---/ a--/ -o---/ to/, o-/ ---/ t---/ a--/ -o---/ t----/, o-/ -o--d/ --o-/ -t/ --/ t---/ -ot/ t----/."
Old 03-17-2007, 05:42 AM   #2538
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R there any Rs?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #2539
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

DO ART (no S, no P)

"-/ do-'t/ -------/ -a--/ --/ t---/ --o-/ ---r-/ t---/ ar-/ -o---/ to/, or/ ---/ t---/ ar-/ -o---/ t--r-/, or/ -o--d/ --o-/ -t/ --/ t---/ -ot/ t--r-/."
Old 03-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #2540
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ah, now I recognize the quote! It's one of my favourites from Roverandom, and it's the title "hero" speaking to himself:
Quote:
I don't believe half of them know where they are going to, or why they are going there, or would know it if they got there.
For some reason, that strikes me as being an appropriate remark about politicians!
Old 03-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #2541
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up exactly!

Well done, Esty! and I agree about the politicians.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:38 PM   #2542
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's another quote that could be put in the politician category...
Quote:
-- - --- ---- ------- - ------ --- --- --- --- ---- -- ---- --- ---- ----'-- --- ---, ------- ------ -- - -------- ------- -- ---------, --- - ------ --- ---- ---- --- -- --------.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:41 PM   #2543
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

A please
Old 03-18-2007, 07:40 AM   #2544
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

-- - -a- ---- ------- - ------ --- --- a-- --- ---- -- ---- --- --a- ----'-- --- ---, -a----- ------ -- a ------a- ------- -- ---------, a-- - ------ --- --a- ---- --- -- --------.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #2545
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N please
Old 03-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #2546
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A N

-- - -an ---- ---n--- - ------ --- --- an- --- ---- -- ---- --- --a- ----'-- --- ---, -a---n- ------ -n a -----na- ------n -- -------n-, an- - ------ --- --a- ---- --- -- --------.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #2547
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

how about some T ?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #2548
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A N T or T A N ?

-- - -an t--- ---nt-- - ------ --t --- an- --- ---- t- ---- --- t-at t---'-- --t ---, -a---n- ------ -n a -----na- --t---n -- ----t--n-, an- - ------ --- t-at t--- --- -t --------.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #2549
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

R please
Old 03-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #2550
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

the R A N T that wasn't a rant

-- - ran t--- ---ntr- - ------ --t --- an- --- ---- t- ---- --- t-at t---'r- --t --r, -a---n- ------ -n a -----na- --t---n -r ----t--n-, an- - ------ --- t-at t--- --- -t -r---r--.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #2551
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"y"s?
Old 03-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #2552
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T Y R A N

-- - ran t--- ---ntry - ------ --t --- an- --- ---- t- ---- --- t-at t--y'r- --t --r, -a---n- ------ -n a -----na- --t---n -r ----t--n-, an- - ------ --- t-at t--y --- -t -r---r-y.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #2553
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Aha!

"If I ran this country I should put him and his like to some job that they're fit for, washing dishes in a communal kitchen or something, and I should see that they did it properly."

Councillor Tompkins to Atkins, about poor Niggle. (horrible idea, living in a country with such principles!)
Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #2554
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yes, not a pleasant sentence, but memorable for that very reason! You got it, Guinevere!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 AM   #2555
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you, Esty.

"-----/ ---/ ---/ -/ ------/ --/ --/ ----/ --/ -----/, --/ ----/ -------/. -------/ -----/ ----/ -/ ---/ --------/ -----/ --/ ---/ -----/."
Old 03-22-2007, 08:55 AM   #2556
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Any "z"s?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #2557
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Not even one Z, sorry
Old 03-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #2558
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S, please, preciousss...
Old 03-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #2559
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"-----/ --s/ ---/ -/ ------/ --/ --/ s---/ --/ -----/, --/ ----/ ------s/. -------/ ---s-/ ----/ -/ ---/ s-------/ ----s/ --/ ---/ -----/."
Old 03-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #2560
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

D, please.