The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2005, 05:34 AM   #361
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Goodness, you do your research well. Just one note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerenIstarion
While studying, she probably listened to Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Grand Funk Railroad and the like, for she defines her preferences in music as 'classic rock'
While she loves all of the above bands, her favorite by far is The Who, with whom one might say she is obsessed. *notes avatar, quote in sig*

And apparently she talks in the third person.

Please continue with HI.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #362
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eye HerenIstarion.

He reminds Nilpaurion of Mr. Bhaer (of Little Women fame)--well, that's wrong. Mr. Bhaer reminds him of this joyous fellow (although he doesn't speak German; but he does speak a lot of other languages). This fellow (fellows?) was betrothed on his 27th birthday (q.v.), and we hope to see this significant other of his' on the Downs. Because I think it's illegal in some countries for a living person to wed one of the dead.

(This is Alice Holly, posting for NF.)
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:44 PM   #363
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I don't know who the heck Alice Holly is, but Nilpaurion is a well-versed-in-Tolkien young man from the Philippines. He enjoys System of a Down and dodging projectiles thrown at him by Meneltarmacil.

I think he also likes to keep us all confused with his multiple alter-egos. :P

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:32 PM   #364
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Oddwen is well... Wenish.... she always has the most intriging avvies... which i enjoy once and awhile... seeing how i'm in my new... how you say, mood...

"Power to the Peas!"
Old 02-08-2005, 10:40 PM   #365
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Gil-Galad...

He is a character. When I think of him the word "wierd" does not even cross my mind. He is Peregrin reincarnated. If he is ever in serious mode HE WOULD be Gil-Galad (does that make you happy?).

I can vaguely remember his series of Trogdor avatars (WHICH I MISS VERY MUCH) and the days when he had only 500 posts under his barrow belt.

woot!
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:26 AM   #366
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
InklingElf is 15 years and from San Fransisco. She likes stories and poems.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #367
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Thinlomien will very shortly be celebrating his/her 15th birthday. Madness is claimed, though the sceptics have their doubts, as they are, of course, wont to.

Thinlomien is from Finland, so probably pays homage to Rigobert Song of Cameroon, who on two separate occasions has earned the title 'Saviour of Finland'. Once for ridding the country of Kenny Stamps the Food Stamp Man, who was overcharging Finns for all their groceries; and once for building a Great Wall of pigs around the coast of Finland to protect the country from a great flood. Added to this, Thinlomien is well-versed in all matters of Finnish culture.

Also likes...is it racoons? Or some other furry creature in your avatar.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:29 PM   #368
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Eomer of the Rohirrim is an incredibly funny (as well as smart) Scottish laddy with an extremely large fan following on the Barrowdowns. It is common belief that he travels with a large man named Biff, but the exact job of Biff is unknown (he may be Eomer's keeper, or his pen-man). Eomer is a riot in Crazy Captions, and can be stubborn in a charming way.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:52 PM   #369
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree

Feanor of the Peredhil "has a lovely brain" according to her common associate and partner in crime on the 'Screen Name Quiz' thread: the phantom. Commonly called Fea, she is 17 years old, and from New York the state, I think not the city. She bites her lip while trying to decipher puzzles and stalks the White Horse Inn thread (or was it the Green Dragon?). It is rumored that she may have drawn her own avatar, which is lovely. She qualifies for the (someone gender inappropriate) title "King of the World Barrowdowner" and shows a dispropotrionate interest in the personal life of Biff.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 02-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #370
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sophia has been a member of the Downs for almost two years, and has recently returned after a fairly long absence. She posts in a variety of places and can be noted for her skill in Quiz Room games. She lives in Indiana (used to live in Maine, I think), presumably somewhere between Indianapolis and Chicago since these were the two locations she said she would be able to attend when there was going to be a meeting of Midwestern Downers. She first read LotR when she was about 12. Her PT is one of my all-time favorites.

My own conjecture: she is familiar with Veggie Tales. (based on the line she used in the "How Do You Imagine Other BD'ers?" thread: "Couldn't be more wronger." I used to know all the lines to that movie...)
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #371
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree

*points at join date* Almost three years, Miss Firefoot.

And yes, I know Veggie Tales. Pray continue with the lovely Firefoot.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #372
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Firefoot is an avid Veggie Tales fan (as may be deduced from her admission to once knowing all the lines in "King George and the Ducky"). She apparently has no life other than the Barrow-Downs. (I can sympathize....) With a 7.47 post-per-day average (and 3319+ posts), she ranks quite high on my "What do you people do all day, anyway?" list. She's been a member of the 'Downs for over a year, and she's very good at the "Palantir of Fortune" game in the Quiz Room.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #373
Gil-Galad

might as well keep it alive...

Elronds Daughter was anotehr avid veggie Tale fan that had a Pickle as her avvies for awhile... but now has an political viewed avvie i guess...i'm lost for words...
Old 03-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #374
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Gil-Galad is one of the ringleaders of what I refer to as the 'Barrow-downs Comedy Troupe.' (Also including such august members as Eomer of the Rohirrim and Feanor of the Peredhil) His posts can usually be found in any 'Middle-Earth Mirth' thread, and practically garuantee a chuckle. Besides this, 'Gil' is quite intelligent, and makes leaps of logic in the Quiz rooms that defy the imagination.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Garen LiLorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:34 PM   #375
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Judging by his biography, I am presuming that Garen LiLorien likes Superheroes and can sometimes be seen haunting the streets at night, complete with mask and spandex tights.

It appears that he is quite the traveller, as he has been to China, India, the States, and Kuai.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:49 PM   #376
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Alright Im going to give this a go!

Imladris is a big Harry Potter fan judgig by her bio, she's been to the Barrow- Downs for more then a year and is very knowledged(is that a word?) in the art of Tolkien.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:17 PM   #377
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Silmaril

Wilwa is a PotC fan, and is in love with Captain Jack Sparrow, or more appropriately, Johnny Depp. She likes to draw, and so probably would fit in well with Encai and myself. Wilwa is the creator of the thread depicting the life and times of Elmerf, the [in]famous hare of Legolas, whose hair color is still unknown. Wilwarin is a kind young lady, never without time to welcome new members to the 'Downs. She has never read Wuthering Heights, and likes sweets, but does not, I repeat: DOES NOT look like a butterfly.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:03 AM   #378
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Fea got ranked pretty high in her class despite not trying very hard at all (I'm rubbing off on her).
Her foot has been hurting her pretty bad lately.
Her dad doesn't understand her.
The other day she informed him that he was being, in her exact typed words, "an absolute *&^% @@#%#@^%", whatever that is.
She used her principal's computer to visit my page.
She's very cool.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:02 AM   #379
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
The Phantom is awesome. You can apply to his biography for details Apart from data provided in the biography, I may add that his real name is Philip

Besides being awesome, he will turn 23 in less than two months (just after his membership of the BarrowDowns strikes three years). TP takes after burra (I won’t bet he does it consciously, but their posts are reminiscent of each other in my mind), though not in brevity, but in uncompromisingness of his writing. He’s sure to retain the grip of common sense and reality, even if all other participants of the thread seem to spread wings and fly away to the realm of slightly insane reverie. Such activities as described TP thinks silly.

Now we move to partially known facts:

He likes sports, but whether taking part in some exercise or competitive activities himself or watching others doing so, I was unable to find out. He also likes music, but what kind of and whether playing or listening, remains unknown as well. I may utter a guess that he likes classical composers, as the term ‘concert hall haunter’ is the self-description on his own part, but I can not be 100% sure about it. He studies himself, and teaches others as well. What are the subjects exactly – another white spot in my file on him

Edit:

Just found the linking dots in his siggy (usually witty signatures he's famous for). It brought me to his page, I may now provide additional info/modify previously made guesses:

The first word he ever uttered was (you think you guess right in saying "mama"! Nope!) "Bombadil"! I suppose his parents liked Tolkien as much as he now does, and read him LoTR until he learned to read it for himself. Is it surprising he's here among us? . The only weird thing being, the word was uttered when he was one day old only.

He likes to be the smartest person around, unless his own father happens to be present. (I may guess he has a great respect for his father from this). This inclination surfaced even when he was at the first grade, where he was famous for making funny comments on teachers' discourses

Music - my guess above happens to be partially right:

"Modern- The Phantom of the Opera, Ben Folds, Everclear, most anything by John Williams, quite a bit by Barry, Zimmer, Arnold, and Horner-- Classical- Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Grieg, Bach, Ravel"

Sports are football, tennis, basketball, racquetball, baseball, hockey, but whether watching or playing remains unclear as it was before

My evaluation of the 'grip on reality' may have been also right, as "over-emotional/irrational people" are among folks he dislikes. (Others to make it for a 'black list' are rude people)

"Quotation to live by: The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious." makes a good pairing for his siggy's "The Phantom posted, the thread is now important"

Other interesting details about TP may be found: http://www.freewebs.com/phantombarro...ilesurveys.htm

I repost the link as it is already made public by the fact it exists.

/end of edit

cheers

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 04-12-2005 at 12:35 AM.
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:29 PM   #380
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril Here we go again...

How in the world do you continually do those exhaustive researches, HI?

Anyways...

HerenIstarion, a.k.a. "George from Georgia" is widely and wildly known for resurrecting oooold threads (where you'll usually find his ooooold posts), initiating sweeping parties, starting great threads (like this one), creating sensible posts (that cause his being mobbed by fangirls), and going all ho-ho-ho last Christmas. (He even gave me a Christmas gift...no, two! Sorry, George, but I haven't even started reading them yet. They were deeply appreciated, though. ) He, as Sophia said, has guilt-tripped me into thread-starting...but not quite enough. *evil grin* He is totally fun to talk to (or PM with, in this case). I remember that my first time to personally "converse" with him was sometime almost last year, when he first PMed me to ask about the movie Troy, which I mentioned in a post that I have already watched. Then in return I asked him about Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code, which he has mentioned somewhere that he has already read. Memories...

He got engaged recently, which partly explains the decrease in his Downs activity earlier this year, not to mention those extremely heart-wrenching, distant wails we hear.

end note: I tried to add some links, HI, but laziness got the better of me. So did posting's "rule of three." *sheepish grin*

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 04-14-2005 at 09:49 PM. Reason: something to add...and to mention that I'm proud of this post! Haha!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:23 AM   #381
Gil-Galad

keeping it alive...again

Lhunardawen has the great club of near-sighted elves which is a rather ingenius idea...though i'm pretty sure she was the one that had the Arwen with Glasses Avvie for a bit there...which was worthy of Gil-Galad's laughter
Old 04-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #382
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Gil-Galad thinks himself quite the Punster, and thinks that newbies have to prove themselves to him, or something of that nature

He is also called Sugar by Nimrodel_9

Old 04-19-2005, 05:29 PM   #383
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
Imladris is the more responsible of the two Barrow-downs fan fiction forum moderators. She agrees with J.R.R. Tolkien that the emblems of real-world religion have no place in fantasy. She has mysteriously disappeared from the Barrow-downs Xanga ring, but used to be an avid blogger.
"This miserable drizzling afternoon I have been reading up old military lecture-notes again:- and getting bored with them after an hour and a half. I have done some touches to my nonsense fairy language - to its improvement."
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:42 PM   #384
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Son of Numenor is hard to find info about... either that or I just don't know how to look.
Son of Numenor had dislikes about the film adaptations of LOTR, including the "dumbed down" Voice of Saruman sequence. I'm also guessing, by the above post, that Son of Numenor enjoys reading fan fiction.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:04 PM   #385
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Tigerlily has recently taken on the incredible task of recreating Alka's Barrowdowner's Picture Page. Of the three people whose pictures she has, I am one.

She is interested in comics, art, and history, among other things, which means that the two of us would probably get along famously. My curiosity begs me to ask, does she like X-Men and what of Grail lore? She is an actress who recently tried out for a role in TLotR Musical, and I certainly hope she gets the part and breaks a leg. Not necessarily her own, but certainly one or two.

Her website, a prettily done creation, is a member of The Eowyn Webring, which presumably (correct me if I'm wrong) means that our fair lady is a fan of the shielf-maiden.

She either owns, or desires to own, a clock-tower to hide away in. She said so to the phantom once. She took riding lessons, and would have liked to be a Rider in the Films. She also loves the sea.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:19 PM   #386
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Well done... and to answer your question, yes I am a huge X-Men fan. Another online alias I have is "psyknife," though I know nothing of Grail lore.
I do not remember saying that about a clock tower! *giggle* Where'd you find that?

Well, from above post I'm guessing that Fea is a big fan of X-Men and Grail lore Can I take a guess at your fav X-Men character? I'm gonna guess Rogue, because she's a fav of many... but guess number two would be Phoenix.
Fea has, as she says, sent me her piccie for the Down gallery... and she is quite gorgeous! Such pretty... as you will all see once I get that site up. Hmmm... to relate to X-Men, she kind of reminds me of Shadowcat.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:38 PM   #387
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I'm also guessing, by the above post, that Son of Numenor enjoys reading fan fiction.
Not to mention that he's the other moderator of the fanfiction forum.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #388
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
I believe Feanor of the Peredhil is to be done since Tigerlilly Gamgee and Encataire were just responding. Here goes...
She is just 17 years old and yet already has vast knowledge of Tolkien's work. In fact, she had to teach her fellow students and 2 teachers the appendices for a creative class, (I hope that went well).
Her reputaion has earned her a place at Elrond's council. Her official goal is to buckle a swash (I love that), and according to her interests, she is in favor of spreading education, paranoia, and her own world domination.
I have enjoyed learning about Feanor of the Peredhil, and I hope I have done her justice.

Last edited by Holbytlass; 05-08-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 04:27 AM   #389
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Sorry HI...I am fully aware of the rule, but I was driven by the need to give this thread the ol' mouth-to-mouth. Not to mention a few chest pumps.

Holbytlass just turned two! Two years dead, I mean. She was originally Hobbitlass, who is supposedly four years dead already, but that account was sent into the Void (haha). That must have been terrible, having to start all over again when you're already up there (so to speak).

Anyways, she wants to be on Survivor, considers homemaking an occupation (and a noble one, at that ), hates ketchup on peas, and is apparently a huge, huge fan of families. Oh, and she's famous for making babies and climbing trees barefoot. Says so herself.

Hope to see more of you here in the Downs, Holbytlass! (And what a lovely Downs name you have!)
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #390
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Lhunardawen is the sibling of Nilpaurion Felagund, and probably has a vision problem and wears corrective lenses. Lhunardawen has been a downer for 2 years and 2 months and 9 days today, and has wonderful ways of saying things, is very verbose, and to top it off, a good sense of humor.

Phew!
Old 05-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #391
Gil-Galad

Bilbo_Baggins... not much is heard of him(to my ears) but seems like a well-mannered fellow for the name Bilbo Baggins, and joined in May 2003
Old 05-24-2005, 10:40 PM   #392
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Gilgalad: teh punster who is called Sugar.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:33 AM   #393
Gil-Galad

...thats kind of like the same above what you described me... there as got to be more then Punster and Sugar...
Old 05-25-2005, 07:22 AM   #394
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Imladris deceased 29.6.2003, which is a fortnight after me. According to a test of Lush, Imladris is A Cheeky British Barrowdowner. Imladris has excellent taste in music, she's a fan of Sonata Arctica.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:08 AM   #395
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Dancing Spawn likes music, drawing, & thunder. She's also one of the select few that have been werewolves in Tol-In-Gaurhoth.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:54 AM   #396
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

The Only Real Estel is awesome. He was famously the most difficult customer to pin down in the 'How do you imagine?' thread. I myself tried (and failed) to pin down his identity around a dozen times. All I really managed to gauge was that he does not chew tobacco (nor baccy).

He enjoys his politics, is always up for a friendly debate with someone who shares different views (unlike one Downer I once encountered). He loves his popular music. His calling card is his trademark signature style, which is both clever and funny. And he has a history of brilliant avatars, Wario being arguably the best.

O, and he's American. And he has never travelled beyond the planet Jupiter. Not even once.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:36 AM   #397
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a swashbuckling pirate. He drinks a fearsome amount of tea.

Though he claims to be a Scotsman, he does not own any bagpipes. I'm not quite sure how this works.

Eomer had many good points to his personality. One of these is his original sense of humour which often reduces those around him to hysterics. He is also intelligent, and likes Snoopy. Women enjoy tales of his accent and kilt.

Despite all these positive attributes, his continuing inability to commercialise his fanclub belies his lack of skill in business and finances.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:30 PM   #398
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
TGWBS enjoys turning into a werewolf so he can taste the various races from Middle-Earth. He has a strikingly bizarre sense of humor, yet tends to avoid direct conflict. Ghandi is his idol.

He's not really that short, but assumes a diminuative stature to hide his store of endless knowledge, which he pulls out here and there with immense results.

Also he prefers the taste of Elf over Orc.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:14 AM   #399
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Gurthang is 19, and has been 19 for the best part of last week and litlle into current one, as his birthday was on July 7

He’s been around for two years, joining the Downs in August 2003, but, according to his signature, still remembers the time when he was unaware of the forum

Unlike many, he’s not afraid of starting threads. His first ever thread – Is it ALL gone? happened in The Books as early as on the tenth day of his membership

He likes discussing controversial issues and paradoxes, making good PR-titles for threads like Sauron should have won and LoTR and Wheel of Time

He started 23 threads so far, and yours truly participated in one of them: The Gift of Speech
His main hunting grounds are The Books and The Movies, though he also likes having a little fun in Mirth and drops by Novices and Newcomers from time to time as well

His posts tended to be informative or seeking information from the start - i.e. What happened? When happened? How happened? Now his interest seems to switch towards evaluation and theory as of 'Why happened? According to what and what philosophical/theological model?'

He has a developed sense of justice, urging him, per instance, to post in defense of Peter Jackson who, he feels, is snapped at more than is necessary and who have done quite a job in making LoTR into a movie

Gurthang does not have a homepage, unless we count the piece of paper he sits on to serve the purpose

His screenname translates as Iron of Death, and is the name given by Turin to sword Anglachel forged anew for him in Nargothrond.

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:31 AM   #400
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Heren Istarion is newly-wed! He and his very lovely wife, Tina, took a trip to Paris for their church wedding after having previously wed in a civil ceremony in their home country (no, not a US state!) of Georgia. He has induced her to join as a new member, called Mrs. Istarion, quite appropriately, and introduced her to us. Now we eagerly await more pictures of the big event and hope she'll feel at home with us soon, so that the Downs will not separate them, but give them yet another common interest to share!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote