The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2004, 02:21 PM   #201
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Me too, but then we do have a while...

It will have to be more than one location, because we are all scattered across continents!!!

Committees are a good idea. We need a list of things we must do, then assign tasks (or people volunteer- as long as everything gets done).

EDIT: 6th page!!!

And Orominuialwen, thanks for that! I assume you mean vomit...lol, you missed off the 'k' on the end!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:23 PM January 08, 2004: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 01-08-2004, 03:39 PM   #202
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Yeah, good point Elentari; definitely need multiple locals. Somewhere central in each country would be best.

Okay, committees. (I'm good at this; my mom has to set up committees all the time for her work.) Here are some we'll definitely need:
  • Advertising
  • Web Design
  • Celebrity/Expert Contacts
  • Continuity
  • General Planning

If anyone thinks of any other committees we might need, please post them for consideration. It might be a good idea to "elect" a chairperson too; someone in charge overall to report to and who keeps track of everything. If this is going to be a big deal, we want it to be well organized, not a big mess! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 01-08-2004, 06:16 PM   #203
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

What exactly do you mean by Continuity and General Planning? I have some inkling of what the General Planning committee would do, but what would the Continuity Committee do?
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 08:24 AM   #204
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Yeah, I think it might be a good start if we actually knew what the different committees are meant to do!
I don't know if I'd be any use...I'd probably be best on the website thing- if someone can teach me how to make a website!!! But I could do writing and stuff and design stuff to go on the site, I suppose.

Ok, chairperson. Any nominations? I think we ought to use the system where one person nominates and another person seconds it- but it is subject to the nominee agreeing to stand. We'll give it a few days, then vote. How does that sound?
Old 01-09-2004, 01:33 PM   #205
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
what would the Continuity Committee do?
Just keep everything straight, make sure everyone has the correct information. Like the Running Ring; we'll just want the one design, right? Continuity would make sure all the logos and whatnot are kept the same, so people will know the *official* Golden Marathon stuff. Plus, it prevents confusion. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And Elentari, the nominating/seconding thing sounds good for deciding the chairperson. After a few days, people will vote. How about the 16th?

**FLOOR IS NOW OPEN FOR NOMINATIONS**

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 01-09-2004, 06:13 PM   #206
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Due to parental constraints, as of now, I'm not quite sure if I can devote enough time to the project, to see it through to its full potential. In other words, don't nominate me unless you absolutely want to, because I'll probably only be free starting from Aug '05, since that's when I'll start college, and my parents won't be fussing about the time I spend on the computer.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:01 PM   #207
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would prefer not to be nominated as well, because I have very little free time. I have homework, plus lots of other activities.

Actually, I didn't mean vomit, Elentári. Sic means (according to my dictionary, because I'm really bad at explaining things)
Quote:
to incite or urge to an attack, pursuit, or harassment
I had to kind of make up the verb siccer (to sic) because I couldn't find a word for it in french. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:03 PM January 09, 2004: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 01-10-2004, 02:26 AM   #208
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dűm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
So sorry I've been away people. I have several things to respond to:

Elentari, I'm here, not there.

While it would be extremely flattering if I was nominated, I'm starting NCEA this year and will not have as much time to spend on the 'net unless I stay up 'til 3 am...which I do anyway *shrugs*

I've E-mailed WETA several times but have yet to get a response, so I'll try Ian McKellen. He's always been great at helping us Fans out.

The person who I got to scan the Running Ring Pic, decided to go off on a 2 week holiday before sending it to me. Grrrrrrrr, I'm as annoyed as everyone else.

I've already done some Website Design so I can help out there.

And...I have the Pippin figurine! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:31 AM   #209
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Orominuialwen, sorry about that...I had never heard of sic before, save in brackets to signify that a grammatical spelling or mistake was that of the person writing/being quoted...so yeah...excellent sentence anyway.
I guess I am free to be nominated if you wish- I'll have a long summer ahead of me because of GCSEs though I am going on holiday at some point. And I come on here fairly regularly anyway.

And the sooner we get to see the Running Ring the better! Not that it's your fault or anything Morgul Queen! And glad you're back- and good luck trying Ian McKellen.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:13 PM   #210
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Likewise. Good luck in trying to contact Ian McKellen! I sincerely hope we get his backing.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:41 PM   #211
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

My my, we do beat around the bush, don't we? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] j/k, thanks for the warnings you guys; I was gonna nominate Morgul Queen, and now I know not to, so thanks.

Speaking of Morgul Queen, good luck in getting in touch with Ian! *crosses fingers and eyes for luck...* >_< [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 01-10-2004, 05:47 PM   #212
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

I, on the other hand, am completely open to nomiantions, since I never really have anything to do. I'd probably be best at General Planning, but you never know. I'm not trying to put myself forward or anything, but I figure since everyone's warning people not to nominate them, it's good for you all to know that I'm free.

I would nominate Morgul Queen for Celebrity contacts anyway, since she lives in NZ, so count this as a nomination if you want, Morgul Queen, or if you really can't do anything, then don't mind me.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 08:38 PM   #213
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dűm

*is very, *very* flattered* Look, see, I'm blushing! I nominate my ActionFigure!Sauron's Ring as Mascot! Can you nominate two people for chairperson, a'cause I think Elentari and Sapphire_Flame are equally deserving, after all, they seem like they can hold it together when the rest of us get confused [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 05:35 AM   #214
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Awww, thanks Morgul Queen!!! *beams happily*
I think Morgul should definitely be on the contacts committee, without a doubt.

I'm in doubt as to whether I should nominate Sapphire Flame or Luthien Tinuviel...hmmm, a toughie. I think either we have two chairpeople, or we have a chairperson and a vice, or two chairpeople and a vice (no hang on, maybe not the latter). That takes a bit of responsibility off the main chairperson if they go on holiday, or if they need a second opinion on deciding something- but we should all chip in where we can.

Ahh, I finally found the original thread where this idea was spawned! This might seem just a tad unnecessary, but not knowing where it was was bugging me, and at least we can have all the info together on one thread...uh, yeah. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] And if we're especially bored, we can try to work out exactly whose idea this was. (A tough one I can tell you, because it was a developing idea). So here it is: A Sorrowful Realisation

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:00 AM January 11, 2004: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 01-11-2004, 08:06 PM   #215
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dűm

See people, this is why Elentari should be a Chairperson!

Also, no reply yet from WETA or Sir Ian, but must keep hoping, eh?

On a brighter note, got my Mum, who swore a year ago not to read Tolkien, to read LotR and the Silm. Go me! Have also been reading the v. secret diaries. It shows.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:09 PM   #216
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Yes indeed! Go you! I'm still trying to get my mum to read LotR, but so far, my dad has succeeded in persuading her not to, because she apparently has more important things to worry about (like my two-year-old baby brother). The 2 year old can take care of himself! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #217
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dűm

It was actually through the Silm that I ensnared her. I had drawn a picture that night....of Luthien dancing in Doriath....and had typed out the 'Song of beren and Luthien' that is in LotR. She adored the picture, fell in love with the poem, and before you could say 'Hey dol! Merry dol! Ring a dong dillo!' I had her reading LotR. Now that she knows that the Tale of Luthien and Beren is in the Silm she's reading that, and because the Lay is in 'The Lays of Beleriand' she's buying that...and I'm stealing it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

....of course, it was probably the fact that she was drunk when I showed her the poem that made her read it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

So what do you lot say about having ActionFigure!Sauron's Ring as a mascot?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:35 AM   #218
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

That works wonderful! I completely forgot about coming up with a mascot, but the Action Figure will work rather nicely.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:57 AM   #219
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

*feels very flattered* Thanks for the nomination! Since it seems to be something of a tie so far, maybe it would be a good idea to have two chairs, or a chair and a vice. *waves to Elentari* Hi! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oro and Morgul Queen will definitely be on Celebrity Contacts. Anyone interested in working on Web Design, please mention so in your next post, just so we can get a count.

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 01-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #220
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I don't mind being on the General Planning Committee. I think I could most likely follow through with something of that nature, I just don't think that I'd be able to live up to my potential if I were chairperson.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:12 PM   #221
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

I tried a while back to figure out who exactly started the thing as well. Quite hard, really, although I would attribute the choosing of the date and the naming of the project to Arwen Eruantale and arianrod, respectively (who both seem to have disappeared).

I've been giving this a lot of thought recently, and I generally go back and forth from two extremes: I either feel like we can't really do anything much, because we're mostly a bunch of high schoolers, or else I think that it will exceed everyone's wildest expectations and we will have created a phenomenon similar to the Trilogy Showings. I figure that it really isn't an impediment that we're (or will be, by the time 2005 rolls around) a bunch of high school and college students, since that's basically the group which will end up attending.

The other thing is, how will we order the functioning of the committees? It seems to me that it will work out somewhat like this:
  • Celebrity/Expert Contacts- Top priority, for now. Once we have sufficient backing, we can really get somewhere.

Advertising-This comes next, and it seems that whoever's in charge of advertising will have a lot of responsibility, and need access to a lot of different advertising venues. They would have to be willing to wear t-shirts and such promoting the project, and probably join as many Tolkien messageboards as they could and start threads telling about the project.

Web Design-This would tie into advertising, and we'd need to have a webpage that tells about the project, has a picture of the logo and the mascot, and possibly a way for people to contact the chairpeople, and things about various activities. Eventually it would have info about the various locations and such.

Continuity-These people would end up making sure that everything's running smoothly, and check up on what's happening and making sure that everyone's on track with what needs to be done, possibly goal-setting and calendar-keeping and such.

General Planning-I think this would end up basically as the brain-storming committee, the group that decides what will be done and when, and how and so forth, as well as polishing the project with games and activities and such.

Those are just my ideas on how things would shake out, of course with the chairpeople basically overseeing the project and helping where it's needed. I think the chairpeople would become the "public faces" if this really gets big. And we all might have to become the directors of the project in our area. If anyone thinks differently, feel free to add to my list or whatever.

EDIT: I think we need two or three chairpeople, just to keep everything in order and get some good discussion and different opinions and such. Plus, if there ends up being a lot of work, it would need to be distributed evenly, and having several chairpeople allows for different talents and skills to be employed by each one.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:34 PM January 14, 2004: Message edited by: Luthien_ Tinuviel ]

Old 01-13-2004, 11:07 PM   #222
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Very well said, Luthien! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Huzzah for such a well thought out outline.

Yes, it would be a good idea to have two or three chairs. Elentari, Luthien, and myself seem to be the only ones getting nominated, so we can either 1) keep the nominations open, or 2) just stop here and narrow it to two chairpeople, or 3) just stop here and have three chairpeople, as we have three main nominees.

With multiple chairpeople, it would be a bit easier, as each one would be in charge of one or two specific committees, and then the three would all conference instead of one person trying to handle everything. This would also work better if, as Luthien mentioned, this becomes something really huge and the chairs become the "faces" of the Marathon.

So, unless anyone has any objections, we could stop the nominations here and just go with Elentari, Luthien, and me. Please post your thoughts on this.

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 01-14-2004, 01:12 PM   #223
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

I would have nominated (in alphabetical order) Elentari, Luthien, and Sapphire anyway, so that's okey with me! I think that it's better to have a few chairpeople so one doesn't have to take care of everything alone.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:15 PM   #224
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

So do we just join committees right now, or shall we put that off later? I, for one, am perfectly willing to work in both the Continuity and General Planning committees, since I think that my talents could be put to use in both.

What say all of you? Shall we start signing up?
Old 01-14-2004, 07:23 PM   #225
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Sting

I volunteer to be on the celebrity contacts committee. Also a possible, but probably highly uphelpful thing, is that one of the teachers at my brother (High King Fingolfin)'s school might be related to one of the carpenters who worked on LotR (the way I know this is that I actually watch all the credits almost every time I see any of the movies [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] ). We have to check up on it though. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I could also possibly be on the web design comittee.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:25 PM January 14, 2004: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 01-14-2004, 08:26 PM   #226
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Very well said, Luthien!
Thankies. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
So, unless anyone has any objections, we could stop the nominations here and just go with Elentari, Luthien, and me. Please post your thoughts on this.
That sounds like it would work out nicely. In fact, it was sort of what I was hoping for: a nice distribution, so that everyone's happy and no one's swamped with responsibility.

I suppose we might as well start with the ordering of the individual committees, and the signing up and all, since that seems to be what everyone is doing. As long as no one objects and everyone who's really active on the thread has had a chance to comment, I think we might as well proceed from here using Sapphire's idea.

Now, I have some LOTR friends from another corner of the Web that I might draw over, and if things work out, we might have ourselves someone who would be willing and quite able to work on the website (she's really good!). But we shall see about that.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:32 PM   #227
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dűm

It's a great idea, guys. I volunteer for the Celebrity Contacts, and I could also help in Website Planning/Design.

I was thinking about E-mailing the Morning Crew on ZM. it's a radio station here in NZ and they have interviewed the Cast several times so I'm sure they'll know some way of contacting them. C'mon, these are the people who rang up Eminem's Gran for the fun of it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] They love stuff like this! And I'll tell www.lawisewoman.com about it too. Fun!

*grins evilly all of a sudden* I have just been given the right to protect 'The Hobbit' and 'The Silmarillion' against BadFic. FEAR ME!!! *shakes head* PPC work...just ignore me..
Old 01-15-2004, 10:26 AM   #228
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Okay, it seems to be unanimous. I hereby declare Elentari_O_Most_Mighty_1, Luthien_Tinuviel, and myself, Sapphire_Flame the official chairpeople of the Golden Ring Marathon. *thunderous applause* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Elentari and Luthien, I'll PM you guys my e-mail address, so we can keep in touch easier. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, so far, this is what we have:

Celebrity Contacts:
  • Morgul Queen
  • Orominuialwen

Website Design:
  • Morgul Queen
  • Orominuialwen
  • *Luthien's friends she is trying to recruit*

General Planning:
  • Finwe

Continuity:
  • Finwe

Advertising:
  • **NO DECLARED MEMBERS AT THIS TIME**

Go ahead and volunteer wherever you want; let's get things rolling, shall we? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 01-16-2004, 04:44 AM   #229
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Wahay! I'm a chairperson! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I tell you, I got a shock when I checked my PMs and got one from Sapphire saying we were chairpeople...because I hadn't come on here for a few days. Right, so now that's sorted, what exactly do we chairpeople do?! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Are we going to divide the committees among us to oversee what happens? Should we sign up for individual committees ourselves? (I think this would be a good idea despite the extra responsibility of being a chairperson because if this is really going to work we will need all the help we can get and it hardly seems fair that the chairpeople should preside and yet hardly contribute to the running of the event).

EDIT: Luthien, your PM box is full!!!!
[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:55 AM January 16, 2004: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 01-16-2004, 10:43 PM   #230
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I think the (us!) chairpeople will most likely end up dividing the committees, each taking one or two. But you're right, Elentari, we'd each have to be members of those committees. I'd always assumed that whoever's in charge of whatever committee would just basically care for the ordering of the committee and set goals and make sure it's going where it needs to go and all that. But we're chairpeople! Yay! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
EDIT: Luthien, your PM box is full!!!!
Sorry. Not anymore. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #231
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I can definetly help with General Planning and Continuity, and wouldn't mind helping with advertising. However, I live in the middle of nowhere and pretty much have no idea of what to do, so I would need TONS of help (hint, hint [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ). Anyway, just tell me what to do, and I'll try, at least!

I go away for a few days (stupid physics project!) and finally we get organized! Geez! This is starting to come together! This is so cool!
Old 01-19-2004, 09:00 PM   #232
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Do you all remember when we were trying to figure out what day October 20th, 2005 would be, and I said it seemed like it should be a Thursday? Well, I have a 2004-2005 student planner, which says that it is indeed a Thursday. So I was right! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm not sure how much this would alter plans, not much, I think, but it's nice to know.

Old 01-19-2004, 10:30 PM   #233
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I think we should try and get some outside help because I think the way this is going it is going to be huge. What about getting some other fan sites interested.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:17 PM   #234
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As to fan sites, I'm almsot positive that that would become the job of the Advertising Team. So if you're interested in joining a couple other forums and leading a discussion about the GRM there, and linking back to here, then you might consider joining the Advertising committee.

Hey, everyone, I found a thread that has scared me a little: 2004 Marathon showing. It may be just a rumor (I hope so!), but it may actually be something that's going to happen. If this was the case, what would we do? We could proceed as normal, but our grandness would probably be somewhat dimmed if there had already been an EE Trilogy Showing the year before. And if it's true, then we have much less of a chance of gaining New Line and PJ's support. I'll do some research, and see if I can find any evidence to support the claim.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:13 AM   #235
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

That is scary. But no one seems to know anything about it.
You know, I was seriously thinking about my earlier suggestion that this does not become annual but instead bi-annual or even tri-annual...because seriously guys, it's not like they are new flms coming out each year, and I don't think there will be enough of us fanatics to be able to uphold the costs of renting out lecture rooms and the like each year...sure enough we ought to get good attendance the first time round, but I don't think people are going to be willing to do it so often. And the planning is going to be hell anyway. What do you think? Not that I want to put a damper on it, but still... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 12:57 PM   #236
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Yeah... It would be pretty hard to pay for all the stuff every year unless we find someone who will give us a LOT of money. I guess we should just concentrate on our first one and then see how well it does before deciding about future events.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:03 PM January 21, 2004: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 01-21-2004, 06:48 PM   #237
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Yes, you've got a fairly good point there. I think that the only way that we could carry through with this, if we do it at all, is if we do one every year, or something like that. Kind of like the way the Tolkien Society does their Entmoot thing. Perhaps some really dedicated folks will come along, and help us out. It could be possible.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:28 PM   #238
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dűm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

Hey guys! sorry I haven't been here in a while [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

What spiffy new ideas have we (or should I say you)
come up with while I was away?
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 01:43 PM   #239
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Well, we're thinking of setting up committees to deal with the different aspects of running this event...and me, Luthien and Sapphire are chair-hobbit/elves!
But that's about it, I'm afraid...we're basically trying to recruit people to the different committees.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:30 PM   #240
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Yes indeed. So, everyone: PLEASE VOLUNTEER FOR SOMETHING!!! We can't put this thing together all on our onesies, savvy? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~