The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-06-2005, 02:05 PM   #1
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye The Future of the Downs

"Is the forum losing members?"

"When the movies are done coming out, will we still get new members?"

"Will we eventually cover every possible topic having anything to do with Middle Earth?"

I've seen these type of questions asked before, and I imagine they are not going to stop any time soon. It seems everyone is interested in what the future holds for The Barrow-Downs and its members.

So, here is a place to post your predictions.

You prediction can be serious- I believe that BW is going to retire next year and leave the site to Sharku.

Your prediction can be silly- I think that the members of this site will eventually get together and form their own little island nation.

You can make predictions about members, threads, and anything else you want (related to Tolkien or the forum, that is).

Have fun!

the phantom predicts-
- burrahobbit receives 1000 rep points for a three word post
- Sophia the Thunder Mistress gets struck by lightning
- Tigerlily Gamgee is cast as Eowyn in the broadway production of Lord of the Rings
- after complaining about Eowyn's limited stage time, Tig is demoted to Orc #43
- the 1000th Balrog Wing thread started by Newbie91
- BW, who has been growing more vicious over the years, tracks down Newbie91 and eats him
- The Saucepan Man realizes he is a better reader now than when he was five
- Bethberry learns how to put aside her baggage and rereads LOTR, she enjoys it more than ever, Davem says "I told you so"
- Bethberry kills Davem
- Lalwende makes Bethberry into Bethberry Pie
- Mark12_30 arrested for an act of extreme debauchery
- Lush joins a convent, says she's always been a puritan sort of person at heart
- Eomer of the Rohirrim slain by a warg rider
- the phantom becomes more arrogant
- Gil-Galad walks into an open manhole, investigators say he didn't see it due to the cape over his face
- Fea wins international acclaim for her life-size Statue of Liberty replica, constructed entirely out of pop cans
- true to his name, Mister Underhill is buried beneath a landslide
- Esty begins demanding that her family call her "Fiona", insists she is part ogre, put into an institution
- the guy who be short's doctor informs him that his screen name is stunting his growth
- the first manned expedition to Mars discovers life on the red planet- hobbits!
- Steven Spielberg directs a blockbuster hit about a doomed colony on Mars that is attacked and eaten by hobbits, Tolkien purists cry foul
- thanks to breakthroughs in chiropractic knowledge, the stiff necks of the elves and dwarves are cured
- littlemanpoet is killed by a werewolf
- the phrase "Doing an HI" becomes entrenched in modern business lingo as a term for reviving old projects
- the phantom is overwhelmed with reps and pms praising his idea for this thread as well as his immensely enjoyable first post
- after a brief period of popularity, BW is forced to close the thread down, mainly because of pointless off-topic posts written primarily by Ainaserkewen, Dancing Spawn, and perplexingly- Mister Underhill

Last edited by the phantom; 07-06-2005 at 02:09 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I predict: The phantom edits the above post to stop it looking like a list thread.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #3
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I predict that every member of this forum will at some point be forced to under-go extreme psychiatric evaluation because of recurring WW dreams.

Burrahobbit will inherit the site from BW, immediately closing it with his only words of explanation being "It's done."

Estelyn will burn her passport and live in a private hole in the middle of nowhere.

Peter Jackson will become a devoted member of the forum, and realizing the error of his Faramir-warping ways, will create a privately funded re-make of his films, catering to every opinion here stated. His balrogs will have flashing wings (sometimes there, sometimes not), his Boromir will have black hair, his Arwen will sit quietly in a corner embroidering a banner.

The phantom will admit to the world that Fea is smarter and sneakier than him. He will then stop flirting with all of the female members.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #4
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I predict that every member of this forum will at some point be forced to under-go extreme psychiatric evaluation because of recurring WW dreams.
I'd second that one. I had one last night which I can't remember for the life of me, but I'm positive was WW-related.

I predict that within the next five years or so, Feanor and the phantom will get married and we will have yet another Barrow-Downs wedding on our hands.

Eventually nobody will ever be able to get any more rep points because we will all have so many.

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 07-06-2005 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typos
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #5
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The Future of the Downs, Middle Earth style-

October, 2005- the phantom begins forging, in secret, his Ring of Arrogance.

November, 2005- the phantom recruits nine ring wraiths to serve as his primary generals. Among them are Fea, Kuruharan, The Only Real Estel, and their captain- The Saucepan Man of Angmar.

February, 2006- the phantom openly declares his intentions of taking over The Barrow-Downs. King Barrow-Wight and his sons, Sharku and Mithadan, lead the resistance against him.

March, 2006- Gil-Galad and his elven host arrive to help.

June, 2006- the phantom and his minions are forced back into their fortresses in the Middle Earth Mirth forum.

July, 2006- BW and Gil lead an assault on the Werewolf Threads, the phantom's primary base. the phantom comes out to do battle with them. During the duel, the phantom shoots Gil with his own pun, and strikes BW with his own Thread-Closing Hammer, but as BW falls, he strikes the phantom directly in the IP, rendering him temporarily inactive. Sharku takes full advantage of the moment and takes the phantom's Ring. the phantom's forces flee.

August, 2006- The forum is split in two. Sharku becomes Administrator of the Northern Forum, while Mithadan becomes Administrator of the Southern Forum. On his way to the Northern Forum, Sharku loses the Ring and is unable to find it.

January, 2007- Mithadan retires from his position as Administrator. His heirs, lindil and Child, slay each other in a contest to determine who would inherit the throne.

February, 2007- Davem and Lalwende are elected as Stewards, and are charged with keeping the forum running until the day that the Administrator returns. Their son, Davem Junior, is angry that his father is only called a "steward" rather than an "administrator".

April, 2007- The Northern Forum, which had been losing members steadily, became little more than a chat room- but the line of Administrators remained unbroken.

July, 2007- Rumors begin to circulate about the reemergence of the phantom.

September, 2007- the phantom openly declares himself on the All About You thread, and attacks the forum. Legions of pro-Feanor and anti-Galadriel posts begin seeping into The Books. Winged and unwinged Balrog threads pop up everywhere. Chat speak runs rampant.

October, 2007- To assist the beleaguered site, Valinor sends HerenIstarion.

January, 2008- Just as The Books are about to fall to the phantom's forces, Rimbaud, the heir of Sharku, and HerenIstarion come out of the Northern Forums, along with Eomer of the Rohirrim leading his army of warg riders.

February, 2008- Rimbaud and HI realize that their victory was only temporary, and that they will soon fall to the phantom if his Ring is not found and destroyed. Knowing that haste is needed, they ask burrahobbit to do the job. Later that day, he finds the Ring, and before it has a chance to corrupt him he chucks it into Mount Deletion.

Villagers win!
Quote:
Peter Jackson will become a devoted member of the forum...will create a privately funded re-make of his films, catering to every opinion here stated
That would be nice.
Quote:
He will then stop flirting with all of the female members
The least likely prediction I've seen thus far.
Quote:
I predict that within the next five years of so, Feanor and the phantom will get married and we will have yet another Barrow-Downs wedding on our hands.
How do you know we haven't wed already and have just been keeping mum?

Or perhaps we are the same person, and I created the Fea account to interact with just to make myself look more popular?

Last edited by the phantom; 07-06-2005 at 03:27 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:28 PM   #6
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Very funny.

I predict that, within the year, Werewolf Games will join Balrog Wing threads in the Land of Shadow.

I also predict that, within 3 or 4 years, there will be a massive Barrowdowns party (in real life) most likely held in America in summertime. Including rambunctious antics and lewd behaviour.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:56 PM   #7
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye Predictions of doom... What else is new?

The Fortunately/Unfortunately thread will keep going for a while, at least until Gil-Galad, the Elf-warrior, and the guy who be short start a gigantic fight to the death on it.

Nilpaurion Felagund and myself will wind up bombing each other out of existance in the Quiz Room eventually.

Also, is it just me, or are more and more people forgetting about Boromir the Disco King lately?

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 07-06-2005 at 06:00 PM. Reason: adding more info
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:10 PM   #8
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Excellent thread...

Sometime in the distant future, Formendacil will become known as one of the "Old Guard"...

A new forum will be created when the Silmarillion goes into the public domain.

Eomer of the Rohirrim, The Saucepan Man, and the Phantom will all be consigned to the "the old fuddy-duddies group".

The Barrowdown's colour scheme will switch to purple and green to match the Barrow-Wight's new avatar.

Formendacil will have his rep jewels reset for perpetuating a religious argument, as will Alatar, Lalwende, Bethberry, and Davem.

Feanor of the Peredhil will legislate for a name-change to Feanor of the Quendi.

Fordim Hedgethistle will be seen wearing Indy's fedora.

Lhunardawen will replace Estelyn Telcontar as curator of the Chapter-by-Chapter discussions.

The Crazy Captions will reach 300 pages. (12000 posts....)

Last edited by Formendacil; 07-08-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:16 PM   #9
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

We'll see page after page of eleven green boxes in the Member List.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #10
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I sure hope so. I so far have only one green box. But if everyone has eleven green boxes, wouldn't reputation then be meaningless? We would then might as well have no little boxes at all, because everyone's equal.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #11
Rumil
Sage & Onions

Rumil has been trapped in the Barrow!
Eye

Bill Ferney, Gwaihir the Windlord and Nazgul Number Nine re-appear
Old 07-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #12
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Great thread!

Sometime in the future, the next level in the Rep scale will be "______ has reunified the Entish Bow".

Corpses with enough rep points will be able to use colored text in their signatures, however said text must be a quote from Tolkien's works.

Once the rep box limits are reached, boxes start diminishing. Davem, Lalwende, and SpM are soon "Acting a bit like Ted Sandyman", and post many off-topic nonsense posts in hopes to once again be on top of Taniquetil (and the Member's List).

Any new topic with the words "Balrog", "Elf", "Bombadil" or "Barrowdowner" will be automatically deleted.

When the phantom is head of the boards, anyone who doesn't post at least once a day will have their account deleted.

He will also rename the mods "Guardians", appoint Feanor of the Quendi as Immortal Hunter, and hold daily votes to delete newbie accounts.

Ilpaurionay Egalundfay's alter egos will eat his soul, and then occupy equal halves of his body. They will be at odds with each other, and we will see some very wierd posts.

Boromir the Disco King will be nothing but a faded signature in Elrond's Guestbook. Only two people will remember it, and when it is mentioned, one of them will start hissing and muttering "Squid" deep in her throat. The other will merely eat the bananas thrown through his cage and "ook" thoughtfully.

Someone will have as their signature these lines:

Hey, remember that old Predictions thread, and how we laughed?
How naive we were then, children,
My account was lynched this morning.

Last edited by Oddwen; 07-06-2005 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Adding 1 mor th1ng
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:57 AM   #13
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by yours truly
After which there will be a Big Bang, sending us all back to square one (or ten points). In a period of a few years this would have happened several times already.

We'll have another BD wedding...whose it will be remains to be revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Peter Jackson will become a devoted member of the forum...will create a privately funded re-make of his films, catering to every opinion here stated
And he will choose his actors among the BDers!

BDers will be coming like swarms to the CbC discussion threads for RotK. (How I wish...)

As for the near future...HI will be back, along with Mrs. Istarion.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:58 AM   #14
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
I predict that more puns will come from me...and the dragon comes in the niiiiiight!(now the song is stuck in my head)

{i preditct that you will go to my site and see some of my preditcions...}

I predict that somebody will try to log in as The Barrow-Wight after he has closed their 5th "What happened to Tom Bombadil" Thread, and fail only to be laughed at by The Phantom...and me...The ever-loveable Gil-Galad

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 07-07-2005 at 07:05 AM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #15
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
the phantom predicts-
. . .
- Bethberry learns how to put aside her baggage and rereads LOTR, she enjoys it more than ever, Davem says "I told you so"
- Bethberry kills Davem
- Lalwende makes Bethberry into Bethberry Pie
. . .
Here's to your blarney stone, the phantom:

Four and twenty blackbirds will arise from Lalwende's Bethberry pie and sing the story of events from an eyewitness account, therebye putting to rest davem's conceit, of the Translator variety as well as others.

Amanaduial the Archer will edit all her RPGs for eucatastrophes, under the expert auspices of Helen 12_30.

Kuruharan will show Thenamir how to run a hugely inflated profit-making Barrow Downs store.

Aiwendil and lindil will be hired by the Tolkien Estate to publish the results of the Silmarillion project on the basis of Christopher Tolkien's acknowledgement that their rhyming names reflecting a previously unknown elvish dialect referred to as Black Elvish because of its similarity to an old Irish language.

the phantom will hack the Squatter smilie to replace it with his own name.

The Squatter of Amon Rudh and Fordim Hedgethistle will engage in a battle of canonicity, posting mainly in Old English--as the youngsters here understand Old English, being erudite, eloquent, and long-sentenced, with words over five syllables long.

Child of the 7thAge will forsake RPGs as a postmodern muddle of the true history of Middle earth and piosenniel will unlock The Shire, deciding that Aragorn had the wrong idea how to save the hobbits. Mithadan will invite Cuthalion and Maikadilwen back to help him run The Shire.

Legolas will volunteer to help Estelyn write The Light at the End of the Entish Bow, or, The Simarillion Condensed into Five Easy Ages.

Mr Underhill will retire from the Downs when he realises that Neil Gaiman is a better fantasy writer than Tolkien.

Sharku will start speaking again in chat, but this time in tongues which no one can understand, not even those who have studied Quenya with the guy who be short. burrahobbit will translate.

Last edited by Bêthberry; 07-07-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Bêthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #16
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
When the phantom is head of the boards
When? When?! There is no hope! Run for the hills, get the women and children in the lifeboats first, and many more panicked mixed metaphors!

However...

Quote:
piosenniel will unlock The Shire, deciding that Aragorn had the wrong idea how to save the hobbits.
Well now there's a thought for you...*evil*
Old 07-07-2005, 11:28 AM   #17
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
the phantom becomes more arrogant
That's the only really credible prediction so far (and he should know).
Old 07-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #18
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
That's the only really credible prediction so far (and he should know).
I wouldn't say so - how can an impossibility be credible? Surely one head can only take so much swelling...surely...
Old 07-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #19
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I've got this theory that the 'Downs will one day spontaneously combust, due to all of the flaming balrogs debates that have been tucked away into a frictiony little corner of the forum.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #20
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Predictions, huh?

On CbC

The CbC thread, after finishing LR and The Hobbit, will go into HoMe.

Esty, after hearing the thousandth newbie ask what HoMe is, will go on a newbie lynching spree.

Because of Form's post # 8, my sister the Lhunatic will seize her chance to become mod/curator.

She will lose, as Princess Fiona knows martial arts, and she knows only how to summon slugs (don't ask).

Ach. My mind is too busy. Can't . . . think . . . predictable . . . predictions.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:15 AM   #21
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sometime in the future...The Barrow-Wight will put up audio clips on the main page, greetings from actual Downers.
Some of these clips would be:

Quote:
The Mighty Wighty: Welcome to the Barrowdowns, the best place to discuss Tolkien and his works. Stay on topic and no-one will get hurt.
Burrahobbit: Hi.
the phantom: This is the phantom.
Sharku: *blank silence*
Lalwende & Davem (alternating words): Welcome to the Barrowdowns! Enjoy your stay! *which button do I push?* *No, not that one!*
Mormegil: Ook Ook eeeeeeeeeek! *gunshot*
Sometime after the phantom's insurrection is crushed, it will be discovered that banned member Helkahothalion has been posting happily for many years...as Estelyn Telcontar!

Last edited by Oddwen; 07-08-2005 at 09:16 AM. Reason: A bold statement
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:24 AM   #22
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I find it very likely that a new member will appear, calling himself the anti-phantom. The arrogance of the phantom and his anti-self will clash, causing a great rift in the Downs, with each member joining one of the two sides.
Much flaming will ensue as BDer turns on BDer, and the forums descend into chaos and punnery.
Eventually, as the situation becomes so ban that the B-W announces the closing of the forums in the very near future, the phantom declares that he created the anti-phantom to boost his popularity.

Oddwen will have more terrible puns in her signature that I shall invariably steal.

Fea and tp will be wolves together in Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

*Shameless Plug*
I predict people will click the link in my siggy and decide they want to learn Quenya to better understand Tolkien. Especially men... so far we have about 10 women and me. I'm not sure why...
Old 07-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #23
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
"I find it very likely that a new member will appear, calling himself the anti-phantom. The arrogance of the phantom and his anti-self will clash, causing a great rift in the Downs, with each member joining one of the two sides." ~TGWBS

Like combining Acids and Bases? Or maybe it would be more like that Star Trek episode? Either way it wouldn't suprise me much...

As for Making my own prediction...Maybe I'll click that link in The Guy Who Be Short's signature...
Old 07-08-2005, 11:01 AM   #24
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Burrahobbit and obloquy will morph into one, and have conversations with hims-self much like this:

You think?
Nope.
Why?
Because.
Bad answer.
Fine. It's because I said so.
You're still wrong.
Am not.
Prove it.
Book IV, Chapter 3, Line 22. See?
Whatever.

Upon trying to follow this concise and Gollumesque conversation, many BDer's heads will explode. The two will laugh.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #25
zifnab
Shade of Carn Dûm

zifnab has just left Hobbiton.
Step aside Miss Cleo...

I predict in the future, that I will still not have read this entire thread.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:53 PM   #26
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

A forum member with the name 'Legolas' and the letters 'luv' in their screen name shall be a moderator of the 'Spam' forum.

'Spam' will officially be changed from a creepy meat-like fabrication to my middle name.

I will learn how to run an RPG without having to take anitdepressent medication to treat neurosis.

Piosenniel will start her own RPG with the word 'Blood' in the title.

The Barrow Wight will initiate an IQ test in which you must score a 150 or higher to join the forums. A purging will begin.

Speaking of BD weddings, I will marry CaptainofDespair.

Tolkien's troubled soul will rise from the dead and plague the Barrow-Downs as a Wight, mysteriously resurrecting topics to set everyone straight on whether or not Balrogs do in fact have wings.

Saruman will be seen on the forums bearing a lightsaber and stealing rep from Lalwendë, davem, The Saucepan Man, Bethberry, Fordim, Estelyn, and others who are rich with reputation and giving to the poor, Errol Flynn style.

A new roleplaying forum will open called 'The Houses of Healing' and will be solely for RPGs of the romance genre.

Potatothan will return in an all new RPG of fiery elfish romance called Dirty Nancing.

CaptainofDespair will roleplay as a young hobbit lass in search of the perfect husband.

the phantom will pull an Uma Thurman, don yellow and black spandex (which, according to him, he will look spectacular in), and will slaughter many a BDer wearing suits and small black masks for impersonating him.

It will be discovered that the guy who be short is so short because he's really a hobbit.

It will be shockingly revealed in the tabloids that The Barrow Wight in fact has a copy of Dude Where's My Ring saved in a special folder on his desktop.

I will be mauled by werewolves...again.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #27
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
November, 2005- the phantom recruits nine ring wraiths to serve as his primary generals. Among them are Fea, Kuruharan, The Only Real Estel, and their captain- The Saucepan Man of Angmar.
I think I should feel honored, but most of me thinks that that list was completely random (except for maybe Fea ).

The future will be sad on the barrowdowns.

the phantom will actually mellow with age, becoming reclusive & hermetly, suffering from shrinking ego-iteis and will consequently not be nearly as funny or quotable.

I will stop making up words, like hermetly & ego-iteis.

The Saucepan Man and Eomer will actually swap views on PJ's wargs.

Due to mounting responsibilities, The Barrow Wight will temporarily turn over management on the 'downs to a randomly selected bder - Newbie107, & comes back to find the site in shambles (Scouring of the Downs, anyone?).

Tol-In-Gaurhoth will eventually die out, believe it or not. And so will everyone's wonderful werewolf-related sigs.

Meela will grow to hate Denethor (don't quote me on that one though).

Lalwende, Mithalwen, Eomer, & Meela will all decide that Crazy Captions is kiddy stuff & vacate the thread, depriving it of there very original & extremely funny posts.

On a cheerier note the Downs will somehow withstand the tests of time to become the #1 Lord of the Rings site on the net & Peter Jackson will frequently post here. The downside of that of course is that we'll have to listen to more of his rhetoric in defense of some of the bigger changes that he made.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 04:03 AM   #28
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Quote:
Meela will grow to hate Denethor (don't quote me on that one though).
The Downs'll have to be here for another century at least, I've only just begun adoring him again.
As for the Captions... that's the only thread I post on now. So I predict that in the future I will have faded away entirely, having come to a complete posting standstill. The Downs will erect a statue of me in Middle-earth Mirth, and open a new board named after me, dedicated entirely to Captions and Denethor worship. And only one person will post there, and only because they mistook it for the Role-playing board.

*wishful thinking...*
Old 07-09-2005, 05:44 AM   #29
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel
It will be discovered that the guy who be short is so short because he's really a hobbit.
Unfortunately, I have surpassed even the tallest hobbit... I barely qualify for dwarf anymore.

I predict that people will watch "The Phantom" film which is on next Friday, just to get quotes to use against the phantom is a huge festival of punnery.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:42 AM   #30
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Crazy Captions will get so big that it will swallow and crush the rest of the website in a display of power usually shown only by black holes. Barrowdowns.com will have to start agin anew.

Over the next four years SamwiseGamgee and myself will slowly drag The Warg and Warg Rider Appreciation Thread onto an 11th page. ( )

Oh, and High King Fingolfin will successfully restrain himself from ever posting on a thread that does not concern Wargs.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #31
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotP
Burrahobbit and obloquy will morph into one, and have conversations with hims-self much like this:

You think?
Nope.
Why?
Because.
Bad answer.
You're still wrong.
Am not.
Prove it.
Whatever.

Upon trying to follow this concise and Gollumesque conversation, many BDer's heads will explode. The two will laugh.
I can imagine. But you haven't provided for me following the two around and supplying quotes and prolonged analogies for each 'because' and 'line 22', thus spoling the fun for the two. For relief or grievance of the rest of the audience, remains to be seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
As for the near future...HI will be back, along with Mrs. Istarion.
Quite just - well, I'm back (wonder now, may Sam have had bulging muscles and be known as Saminator to some? Than in the remake made by PJ privately, his role may have been given to Arnold Schwarzenegger ). Mrs. Istarion is around too

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #32
obloquy
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

obloquy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to obloquy
Quote:

You think?
Nope.
Why?
Because.
Bad answer.
You're still wrong.
Am not.
Prove it.
Whatever.

How can two people who are never wrong disagree?
obloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:53 AM   #33
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

No doubt it's a ploy to secure the occurence of the second part of the prophecy.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:48 AM   #34
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Oh, and High King Fingolfin will successfully restrain himself from ever posting on a thread that does not concern Wargs.
I'll say that again. I was just bugging him the other day, saying that he should post more often, and some more on a thread other than The Warg and Warg Rider Appreciation Thread. He just gave me a very annoyed look. (He's my little brother, in case anyone was wondering.) Never the less, I have extracted a promise from him that he will post sometime today.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #35
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
the phantom predicts-
- burrahobbit receives 1000 rep points for a three word post
That already happened.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #36
High King Fingolfin
Shade of Carn Dûm

High King Fingolfin has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Eomer's prediction about me will prove completely correct.

The Warg and Warg Rider Appreciation Thread will eventually be abandoned by everyone except Eomer, SamwiseGamgee, and me.

Do the Wave for Boromir th Disco King will eventually be completely forgotten, until someone else makes it up again.

Last edited by High King Fingolfin; 07-12-2005 at 05:01 PM. Reason: to add more
High King Fingolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #37
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
*ah-Hem* i shall post some Predictions Conan O'Brien-esc

The Saucepan Man will confront The Phantom with statistics that he is getting more arrogant and state "Numbers don't lie", The Phantom will respond by putting on a number Four outfit and run around yelling "I'm the number five!"

Eomer of the Rohirrim will become more dominant on the downs and strive to learn all the secrets, and when the Barrow-Wight decides to pass it down, he passes it to Eomer and gives Eomer the many secrets of the downs that Mr.Wight has been hiding, unfortunatley it is only a Apple-Crisp recipe that B-W found in Grocery-newstand magazine last week

Feanor of the Peredhil will find a Scythe in her dumpster and beleive that Death visited her house that night causing major hysteria, Elronds_Daughter will find a Light-Saber in her dumpster and accidently cut her head off while showing off to friends

Gwaihir The Wind Lord, Legolas, and Sleepy Ranger will return and cause major reform that will bring the Barrowdowns to the front pages, unfortunately Mithadan will try and gain credit from it, thus making it a complete failure and a huge scar to the downers community...again

Gil-Galad will join forces with Nimrodel_9, Kath and Esgallhugwen, forming Gil-Galads Angels, originally named Gil-Galads Black Turnips of major-and-hurtful doom

maybe more later...
Old 07-12-2005, 07:11 PM   #38
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Quote:
Gil-Galad will join forces with Nimrodel_9, Kath and Esgallhugwen, forming Gil-Galads Angels, originally named Gil-Galads Black Turnips of major-and-hurtful doom
Oh! Oh! Sounds like fun!

Here's a strange thought:

Someday we will all be dead in the 'real world' and the BD will be taken over by completely new downers.

I predict that Nimrodel (myself) will move out of the house, have her own computer, and get on the BDs whenever she wants. Never again will her mother say, "No more internet until September!" She will no longer have to wait until her mom leaves the house to get on... *evil*

EDIT: I also predict that evil smiley will come back. *hopeful grin*
Old 07-12-2005, 07:17 PM   #39
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I think I can make a fairly safe prediction that one day in the future Morsul the Dark will regain the ability to have an avatar and start up the 'one avatar per day' tradition that he created.

p.s. On another Morsul note. I'll bet that, contrary to his signature, he will say 'BOOYAA' at least once more.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 07-12-2005 at 07:24 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:29 AM   #40
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

I predict that Eomer will actually become a werewolf one day! We'll know this when his posts start to look a little strange, i.e. he can't hit the keys properly with wolf paws...

The phantom will kill Gil-gallad [EDIT: and vice verca] because no one else could be bothered. And The Barrow Wight will never give the sight to anyone; he'll continue to run it when he's old and grey with a beard the size of the Downs themselves.

The Guy who be short will turn out to be a stone giant and throw rocks at us all. Also, Sleepy Ranger will finally admit to being a narcoleptic, to the surprise of no one. And Morsul the Dark will turn out to be quite a bright chap.

And of course, Hookbill the Goomba will have been driven out of town for posting on Crazy captions too often.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 07-13-2005 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Rats in the pipes
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote