The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #41
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Selecting Your Team

Select your team members from the rosters available here. You will be awarded points according to how your players fare in their tournament games.

You must have one GK (goal keeper) and then you can use one of the following formations found below. (Formations listed as number of defenders, midfielders, and forwards, or DF-MF-FW)
  • 5-4-1
  • 4-5-1
  • 3-6-1
  • 4-4-2
  • 4-3-3
In other words, if you choose 4-4-2, then you want to place 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, and 2 fowards on your team along with the goalie of your choice.

You may not choose more than 3 players from one single team (it will be allowed late in the playoffs).

Place a bolded "C" after one of your players-> C. This player will be your captain and will earn (or lose) you double points.

Some players have stars (*) before their names on the roster. You are allowed a total of FOUR stars on your roster. This number will increase as the tournament advances.

Players with a star are considered to be solid players with a higher likelihood of scoring than other players at that position. Players with 2 stars are the cream of the crop, and are the most likely to gain points at the position. The team an individual plays on, that team's philosophy, the player's name recognition, and past performance can all contribute somewhat to star status. There is no guarantee that star players will score more- it's just more likely.

If MFs or DFs are listed lower down the roster (towards the FWs), then they are generally more likely to find themselves involved in the scoring than those MFs or DFs listed higher up towards the GK. Of course, there is no guarantee MFs & DFs listed closer to FWs will score more, but their chances are typically better.

Note on trades- After the first two rounds of group play, you can draft a completely new team. Unlimited trades. After the third and final round of group play, you are allowed SEVEN trades. After the first playoff round, you are allowed only THREE trades. After the quarterfinals and semifinals you are allowed only TWO trades. Do not under any circumstances edit your old teams once play has started. If you want to trade a player, make a new post stating the trade and list your new team. (If any of that is unclear, watch the way other players do it and you'll get the idea very quickly.)

Scoring Points In Games

Rules for gaining points are as follows.
  • Goal by FW- 4 pts
  • Goal by MF- 5 pts
  • Goal by DF- 6 pts
  • Assist- 3 pts
  • Shutout, GK- 4 pts
  • Shutout, DF- 4 pts
  • Shutout, MF- 1 pt
  • Allows 1 goal, GK- 2 pts
  • Allows 1 goal, DF- 2 pts
  • 3 GK saves- 2 pts
  • Yellow Card- -1 pts
  • Red Card- -3 pts
Scoring Points With Predictions

Take a blind shot in the dark at these questions, or read the various columns offered by our writers to help you decide how to answer. Either way, luck is involved. But don't skip this- if you happen to have a lucky day, these are worth a ton of points all together. (Just ask Nilp.)

5 POINT QUESTIONS

Who will score the most goals in the tournament?

Who will have the most assists in the tournament?

Which team will win the tournament?

Which goalkeeper will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament?

Which defender will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament?

Which midfielder will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament?

Which forward will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament?

GROUP PREDICTIONS

Predict the winner and runner up from each of the eight groups listed here. Predicting the winner is worth 3 points. The runner up is worth 1. If you select the correct two teams but have their positions reversed, you will be awarded 2 points.

BUY A TEAM

You can have a total salary of 100 million. The rosters with salaries again is listed here. Put together the highest scoring team you possibly can for 100 million or less. This team will not change throughout the tournament- it's just a one-time deal. At the finish of the tournament we'll see which person's 100-mill squad scored the most, and that person will gain 10 bonus points. Formations allowed are all those listed above, plus 3-4-3.
Please use no more than TWO players from one team.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #42
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

So that you know who your chosen players are going up against, the first round of group games are-

Armenelos vs The Havens
The Barrow-Downs vs Valimar

Inter Beleriand vs Dwarves United
AC Beleriand vs Gondolin

Hithlum vs Real Valinor
Shire-Bree United vs Doriath

Isengard vs FC Valinor
Barad-Dur vs Gondor

Eriador vs Misty Mts
Erebor vs Wilderland

Nargothrond vs Minas Tirith
Tirion vs The Sea

Angfauglith vs Imladris
Angband vs Tol-In-Gaurhoth

Mordor vs Rohan
Anduin vs Arnor
Old 06-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #43
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The Uncloakables

GK- *Ungoliant (Angband)
DF *Morgoth (Angband)
DF BoroWolf (TIG)
DF Aragorn (Eriador)
DF Luthien (Inter Beleriand)
MF *Elwe (Doriath) (C)
MF Hador (Hithlum)
MF Nazgul #5 (Isengard)
FW *Gothmog (Angfauglith)
FW Legolas (Dwarves United)
FW Elladan (Imladris)
Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #44
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Who will score the most goals in the tournament? -Elwe

Who will have the most assists in the tournament? -Glaurung

Which team will win the tournament? -Doriath

Which goalkeeper will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? -Ungoliant

Which defender will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? -Ulmo

Which midfielder will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? -Yavanna

Which forward will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? -Turin

Group A: Winner- The Havens
Runner Up- Valimar

Group B: Winner- Inter Beleriand
Runner Up- Gondolin

Group C: Winner- Doriath
Runner Up- Real Valinor

Group D: Winner- Barad-Dur
Runner Up- Gondor

Group E: Winner- Wilderland
Runner Up- Eriador

Group F: Winner- Tirion
Runner Up- The Sea

Group G: Winner- Angband
Runner Up- TIG

Group H: Winner- Mordor
Runner Up- Arnor
Old 06-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #45
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'm surprised morm and/or Eomer haven't made an appearance yet? It wouldn't be a proper phantasy tournament without them.
Yes, not having me here would mean one less whipping boy for all..I'm in!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #46
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

100 Million Squad

GK- *Carcaroth (Angband) 9
DF- *Melian (Doriath) 14
DF- Landroval (Erebor) 8
DF- Treebeard (Isengard) 10
MF- NerWight (TIG) 5
MF- Dain (Erebor) 5
MF- Azog (Misty Mtns) 8
MF- *Elwe (Doriath) 13
FW- Tuor (Gondolin) 10
FW- Shelob (Mordor) 10
FW- Helm (Rohan) 8

Total= 100
Old 06-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #47
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
FC Monkey Stink

4-4-2

GK Galadriel (Dwarves United)
DF Nienna (Real Valinor)
DF Balrog#5 (Hithlum)
DF Arwen (Eriador)
DF Alatar (Barad-Dur)
MF *Elwe (Doriath)
MF *Glorfindel (Eriador) (C)
MF Cirdan (The Havens)
MF Aegnor (AC Beleriand)
FW *Arien (Valinor)
FW *Miriel (Real Valinor)
Old 06-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #48
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up

Ze 2013 Arda Cup logo has been unleashed!

Also, Boro and phantom, if you feel you've been misrepresented by the article, you can take it up with TENT's legal department. You do have to submit a complaint form personally, though--their office is somewhere in Ekkaia (dunno exactly where).
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #49
mormegil
Maundering Mage

5 POINT QUESTIONS

Who will score the most goals in the tournament? Turin

Who will have the most assists in the tournament? Beren

Which team will win the tournament? FC Valinor

Which goalkeeper will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? Huan

Which defender will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? Morgoth

Which midfielder will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? Glorfindel

Which forward will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? Turin
Old 06-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #50
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Group A
1st Valimar
2nd Armenelos

Group B
1st Inter Belerian
2nd AC Beleriand

Group C
1st Real Valinor
2nd Hithlum

Group D
1st FC Valinor
2nd Barad-dur

Group E
1st Eriador
2nd Misty Mts

Group F
1st The Sea
2nd Tirion

Group G
1st Angband
2nd Angfauglith

Group H
1st Mordor
2nd Arnor
Old 06-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #51
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Dream "stink" Team

GK Halbarad (5)
DF Asfaloth (4)
DF Amarie (4)
DF Nahar (5)
MF Hunthor (2)
MF Tar Aldarion (8)
MF *Yavanna (10)
MF *Glorfindel (13)
FW **Turin (20)
FW **Feanor (21)
FW *Bombadil (8)
Old 06-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #52
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Tolkien

I see this year's rosters are not very user-friendly for me, since I have to make decisions. Means, sorry, Lady of the Golden Wood, not on my team this year (not now, at least). There can be only one goalkeeper, and he does not share power. Same goes for Uglúk. A pity. (It's a long journey ahead, though! Things may still change.)

Salt and Smoke

GK Tar-Atanamir (Armenelos)

DF Uinen (The Sea)
DF GaladriWight (TIG)
DF Radagast (Wilderland)
DF *Varda (Imladris)

MF Tar-Míriel (Armenelos)
MF NogWight (Eriador)
MF *Saruman (Isengard)

FW Khamul (SBUnt)
FW *Scatha (Wilderland)
FW *Arien (Valimar) -> C

More stuff to follow in the future.

P.S. Phantom, regarding typos - I assume "The Downer" equals to what you call in your other lists "The Barrow-Downs"? I suggest for the sake of clarity you unify the naming...

P.P.S. And I know I asked about this already last year, but can we change the Captain "free of charge" at any point, or how does it go?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #53
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ah, quite right- it's now "The Barrow-Downs".

And yes, the (C) for captaincy can be shifted at any time (unless games for that round have already started of course).
Old 06-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #54
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, goodness. Teams. Teams. Teams. Arrrghh! I'll do my best to make mine either tomorrow or Wednesday. It takes too looooong! *goes off to whine*
Old 06-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #55
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Goodness gracious. I suppose I should get my act (and team) together in the next few days.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #56
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I will do this tomorrow, Thursday at the latest!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #57
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ring (Mismatch FTW.)

I'll hold off my other predictions 'til the friendlies are all done, but I'm confident enough with my Matchday 1 squad.

Atashi no Negai
GK *Elrond (Eriador)
DF Aragorn (Eriador)
DF Vana (Valimar)
DF Indis (FC Valinor)
DF Maglor (FC Valinor)
MF Tar-Míriel (Armenelos)
MF Ingwë (Valimar)
MF *Glorfindel (Eriador)
FW Finrod (Nargothrond)
FW *Curufin (FC Valinor) (C)
FW *Arien (Valimar)

(Those little salary increases have made it surprisingly difficult to field a $100 million squad to my liking. I mean, do I drop Eöl for Aegnor (or Angrod), or do I drop Míriel for Nerdanel??? >.< )
Old 06-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #58
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I will get this done soon! Tomorrow, hopefully.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #59
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I’ll have mine up tomorrow– sorry about the delay.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #60
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Eye

Everyone,

There's no need to hurry. There's still a round of friendlies going on, and one more round will come after after that. Then us writers will (probably) post some stats and analysis.

(Also, Sally, do you still plan to copy Gwath's team? )
Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #61
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
There's still a round of friendlies going on, and one more round will come after after that. Then us writers will (probably) post some stats and analysis.
And it seems we all hav been a bit lazybones lately (well, having other stuff to do), but you should be able to read some reviews of the freindly games in the coming few days to help you make your predictions - or to make it harder...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #62
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Everyone,

There's no need to hurry. There's still a round of friendlies going on, and one more round will come after after that. Then us writers will (probably) post some stats and analysis.
In that case, I will wait for the stats and analyses.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #63
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
(Also, Sally, do you still plan to copy Gwath's team? )
That's for me to know and Gwath to find out. *waggles eyebrows* Really though, of course I'm not. Why copy his when I could copy Nog's?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #64
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The Mooncrazed Remixed (3 players from one team) (four stars)

GK - *Huan (FC Valinor)
DF - Balrog #5 (Hithlum)
DF - Aragorn (Eriador)
DF - Balrog #4 (AC Beleriand)
MF - Argon (FC Valinor)
MF - *Beleg (Hithlum)
MF - Hador (Hithlum)
MF - Arveleg (Eriador)
MF - Aegnor (AC Beleriand)
MF - NerWight (Tol-In-Gaurhoth)
FW - *Curufin (FC Valinor)

5 POINT QUESTIONS

Who will score the most goals in the tournament? - Curufin, FC Valinor

Who will have the most assists in the tournament? - Yavanna, FC Valinor

Which team will win the tournament? - FC Valinor

Which goalkeeper will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? - Elrond, Eriador

Which defender will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? - Gil-Galad, Eriador

Which midfielder will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? - Yavanna, FC Valinor

Which forward will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? - Curufin, FC Valinor

GROUP A at Valimar & Taniquetil
Armenelos - 2nd
The Barrow-Downs
The Havens
Valimar - 1st

GROUP B at Gondolin & Tumladen
AC Beleriand - 1st
Inter Beleriand - 2nd
Dwarves United
Gondolin

GROUP C at Menegroth & Neldoreth
Doriath
Hithlum - 1st
Shire-Bree United
Real Valinor - 2nd

GROUP D at Dol Amroth & Pelargir
Barad-Dur - 2nd
Gondor
Isengard
FC Valinor - 1st

GROUP E at Erebor & Mirkwood
Erebor - 2nd
Eriador - 1st
Misty Mts
Wilderland

GROUP F at Tol Eressea Mobile & Pelargir/Balar/Alqualonde
Minas Tirith
Nargothrond
The Sea - 1st
Tirion - 2nd

GROUP G at Anfauglith & Tol-In-Gaurhoth
Angband - 2nd
Angfauglith
Imladris
Tol-In-Gaurhoth - 1st

GROUP H at Rauros
Anduin - 2nd
Arnor
Mordor
Rohan - 1st

The Mooncrazed Millionares (two per team)

GK - ShastaWolf (Tol-In-Gaurhoth) (10)
DF - Asfaloth (Eriador) (4)
DF - BoroWolf (Tol-In-Gaurhoth) (8)
DF - Rochallor (AC Beleriand) (4)
MF - Aegnor (AC Beleriand) (10)
MF - Enerdhil (Real Valinor (4)
MF - Beleg (Hithlum) (13)
MF - Yavanna (FC Valinor) (10)
FW - Telvildo (Angband) (9)
FW - Hurin (Hithlum) (14)
FW - Curufin (FC Valinor) (14)

Total = 100
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #65
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

And we're already making a change, since I'm silly and forgot to use one of my stars (silly me!)

-- Argon
++ Yavanna

The Mooncrazed Remixed

GK - *Huan (FC Valinor)
DF - Balrog #5 (Hithlum)
DF - Aragorn (Eriador)
MF - *Yavanna (FC Valinor)
MF - *Beleg (Hithlum)
MF - Hador (Hithlum)
MF - Arveleg (Eriador)
FW - *Curufin (FC Valinor)
Old 06-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #66
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Eleven Pillars of Wisdom
GK *ShastaWolf (T-I-G)
DF – Thorin (Erebor)
DF – Amras (Tirion)
DF – Luthien (Inter Beleriand)
DF – *Fingolfin (AC Beleriand)
MF – Aegnor (AC Beleriand)
MF –Morwen (Hithlum)
MF –Nessa (Real Valinor)
MF –*Beren (Inter Beleriand)
FW –Thuringwethil (T-I-G) (C)
FW –*Curufin (FC Valinor)

Group Predictions

Group A
First: Armenelos
Second: Valimar

Group B
First: AC Beleriand
Second: Inter Beleriand

Group C
First: Real Valinor
Second: Hithlum

Group D
First: FC Valinor
Second: Barad-dur

Group E
First: Eriador
Second: Erebor

Group F
First: Tirion
Second: Nargothrond

Group G
First: Tol-in-Gaurhoth (I refuse to believe anything else!)
Second: Angfauglith

Group H
First: Rohan
Second: Anduin

Victory At A Price II
GK Huan (FC Valinor) (15)
DF Asfaloth (Eriador) (4)
DF Borlach (Angfauglith) (3)
DF Draugluin (T-I-G) (8)
MF Findis (FC Val) (4)
MF Denethor (AC Bel) (3)
MF Arveleg (Eriador) (8)
MF Tar Miriel (Armenelos) (7)
MF Nessa (Real Valinor) (10)
FW Inzilwolf (T-I-G) (10)
FW Ar Pharazon (Armenelos) (12)
FW Eol (AC Bel) (15)

5-point questions

Curufin (FC Val)

Eol (AC Bel)

AC Beleriand

Huan (FC Val)

Draugluin (T-I-G)

Glorfindel (Eriador)

Feanor (AC Bel)

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-06-2013 at 12:57 AM. Reason: added missing answer.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #67
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I think I won't wait till the very end of friendlies...

Unnamed Horror

GK *Tulkas (Real)
DF Celeborn (Anduin)
DF *Melian (Doriath)
DF Osse (The Sea)
DF Borowolf (TIG)
MF Nienor (Nargothrond)
MF Nerwight (TIG)
MF *Beren (Inter Beleriand)
FW Celegorm (FC Val)
FW *Curufin (FC Val)
FW Ar Pharazon (Armenelos)

Looking at my team... it sucks. There's a 93.47% chance I'll change about half of it before the real games even begin.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #68
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I got a bit wordier with the TIG-Havens game than anticipated, but I just had a lot of fun writing the story for that one. Wolves and Wights! Huzzah! (And well, I suppose if I thought that was wordy, just wait until I get the TTN shoes on and start writing tourney predictions. )
Old 06-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #69
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Starting tomorrow various tournament guides and publication predictions will be posted, so feel free to read those for fun or actually use them to help orient yourself- particularly if you are indecisive on your selections.

The introductions to host sites will begin sometime late next week, followed by the kickoff of the tournament.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #70
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Unnamed Horror

--Tulkas
++Elrond

GK *Elrond (Eriador)
DF Celeborn (Anduin)
DF *Melian (Doriath)
DF Osse (The Sea)
DF Borowolf (TIG)
MF Nienor (Nargothrond)
MF Nerwight (TIG)
MF *Beren (Inter Beleriand)
FW Celegorm (FC Val)
FW *Curufin (FC Val)

Ehhh... still not happy. Whatever.

Group Predictions: winner/runner-up
A: Armenelos/Havens
B: AC/Inter
C: Real/SBU
D: FC Val/Isengard
E: Eriador/Wilderland
F: Tirion/The Sea
G: TIG (duh)/Angband
H: Anduin/Mordor

Who will score the most goals in the tournament? Ugh... *throws dice* Ancalagon

Who will have the most assists in the tournament? Nerdanel

Which team will win the tournament? TIG, and don't dare you say otherwise!

Which goalkeeper will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? Elrond.

Which defender will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? Draugluin

Which midfielder will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? Nessa

Which forward will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament? Turin.

I'll buy my team later.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 06-20-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #71
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I suppose I need a captain, don't I. Silly me.

The Mooncrazed Remixed

GK - *Huan (FC Valinor)
DF - Balrog #5 (Hithlum)
DF - Aragorn (Eriador)
MF - *Yavanna (FC Valinor)
MF - *Beleg (Hithlum)
MF - Hador (Hithlum)
MF - Arveleg (Eriador)
FW - *Curufin (FC Valinor) (C)
Old 06-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #72
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I suppose I need a captain, don't I. Silly me.
Whoops, so do I!

Unnamed Horror

GK *Elrond (Eriador)
DF Celeborn (Anduin)
DF *Melian (Doriath)
DF Osse (The Sea)
DF Borowolf (TIG)
MF Nienor (Nargothrond)
MF Nerwight (TIG)
MF *Beren (Inter Beleriand) (C)
FW Celegorm (FC Val)
FW *Curufin (FC Val)
Old 06-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #73
tomtom
Banned

tomtom has just left Hobbiton.
Boots i tom. tom play football

tom team

gk race2180
df Darlkzl
df hl1234
df youbian123
df peppeateCat
mf beejhay13
mf HvMRCjgzvB
mf hubesiagosa67
fw ghammers12
fw lucyyenic
fw tomtom (c)

predictions

tom kick stuff

tom win
tomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #74
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

The funny thing is, he'll still beat Boro in predicting the outcomes of the semifinals.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #75
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
tom team

gk race2180
df Darlkzl
df hl1234
df youbian123
df peppeateCat
mf beejhay13
mf HvMRCjgzvB
mf hubesiagosa67
fw ghammers12
fw lucyyenic
fw tomtom (c)

predictions

tom kick stuff

tom win
I'd say there are a few ringers on tomtom's team.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:37 AM   #76
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots Dragoons.

I return with two walls of text. Once I'm done with Group F I'll be enclosing y'all in a cell of text.

('Quick Guide' at the bottom of each team is there for a reason. )

Anyway, the true purpose of this post is:

Quote:
Re EAisticle article of 21 June:

I might not know what the four and a half things wrong with the team are, but it seems an egregious omission not to put in the two DFs named 'Galdor' (from Gondolin and Hithlum) in it.

(Also if we're talking about 'dream' teams, Irmo should be there.)

Yours,
NF from BD
Old 06-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #77
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well, here then are my predictions and the stuff, except my team.

Group A
1. Armenelos
2. Valimar

Group B
1. AC Beleriand
2. Inter Beleriand

Group C
1. Real Valinor
2. Hithlum

Group D
1. FC Valinor
2. Barad Dûr

Group E
1. Eriador
2. Erebor

Group F
1. Nargothrond
2. The Sea

Group G
1. Tol in Gaurhoth
2. Angband

Group H
1. Anduin
2. Arnor

~*~

Eöl of AC Beleriand

PhantomWolf of Tol In Gaurhoth

AC Beleriand

Elrond of Eriador

Tilion of Real Valinor

Glorfindel of Eriador

Miriel of Real Valinor

~*~

100 million squad

GK – Hyermendacil, The Sea (8)
DF – GaladriWight, T-I-G (3)
DF – Rochallor, AC Beleriand (4)
DF – Indis, FC Valinor (7)
DF – Tilion, Real Valinor (12)
MF – Arveleg, Eriador (8)
MF – PhantomWolf, T-I-G (10)
MF – Aegnor, AC Beleriand (10)
MF – Glorfindel, Eriador (13)
FW – Celegorm, FC Valinor (11)
FW – Miriel, Real Valinor (14)

= 100 million.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #78
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Silmaril Predictions:

No $100 million team yet. Still undecided!!!

For 5:

Goals: Curufin (FC Valinor)
Assists: Eöl (AC Beleriand)
Winner: AC Beleriand

Phantasy
GK: Huan (FC Valinor)
DF: Eönwe (FC Valinor)
MF: Glorfindel (Eriador)
FW: Fëanor (AC Beleriand)

For 3+1:

(group: winner, runner-up)

A: Armenelos, Valimar
B: AC Beleriand, Inter Beleriand
C: Real Valinor, Hithlum
D: FC Valinor, Barad-dûr
E: Eriador, Erebor
F: The Sea, Tirion
G: Tol-in-Gaurhoth, Angband
H: Arnor, Rohan
Old 06-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #79
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Group Predictions

GROUP A: Valimar
runner-up: Armenelos

GROUP B: AC Beleriand
runner-up: Inter Beleriand

GROUP C: Real Valinor
runner-up: Hithlum

GROUP D: FC Valinor
runner-up: Isengard

GROUP E: Eriador
runner-up: Wilderland

GROUP F: Nargothrond
runner-up: Tirion

GROUP G: Angfauglith
runner-up: Tol-In-Gaurhoth

GROUP H: Anduin
runner-up: Arnor

Random remark. Let me voice one concern about this year's cup, just from observing the teams. It seemed to me when I was creating my team, and now again when looking at this year's teams more closely, that this year it's much more "biased" towards certain teams' strength than the last year. As in, it seems to me like there's more "disparity" between the teams than there was last year. But since this is only my second year, maybe it's wrong personal impression.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #80
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
As in, it seems to me like there's more "disparity" between the teams than there was last year.
I wonder if part of that is the lack of a "group of death" this year. Since last year there were four very solid playoff teams jammed into Group D (and perhaps it could be argued nearly the same was true of Group E), which meant that all the teams in the other groups were less likely to be outmatched.

That's part of what makes a Death Group attractive- both the drama within that group and the evenness it brings to the rest of the field.

(Thought to be fair, there are only 2 groups this year where I might've felt confident enough to try and put money on the winner. The others would make me too nervous for an actual risk.)

Last edited by the phantom; 06-25-2013 at 01:04 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote