The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2003, 07:53 PM   #41
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
-Throw squid at Boromir

-Every time you see Boromir, yell "Do the wave for Boromir the disco king!" Then do it.
Do they allow squid in theaters? I guess you'd have to sneak it in in a purse or bag or something, much like most people do with bottles of water. Hey, maybe you could start the whole theater doing the wave! Someone should try. I've done it by myself before, but somehow it's not quite the same (I wonder why....).

Quote:
At the council of Elrond, right after Gimli says "and my axe" say "and my fork!"
And my spoon!

Quote:
When the ents are marching to Isengard, start singing "The ents go marching one by one..."
Priceless. I once went to a very boring boy scout thing, and the highlight of the evening was that there was an ent troop, and their song was just that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
--During the infamous scene when boromir rides into rivendell stand up and proclaim "This isn't Osgiliath!?!?"
Already done it at home. I'm thinking more and more that I need to make a fan commentary. The last time I saw FOTR (last night), I thought of tons of funny comments I could make. All I'd need is a tape recorder!

Now for a my long list (sadly I will not be going to a trilogy showing):

-Get peanut M&Ms, or some other sizeble candy, and when when they shout "Boulders!" in Osgiliath, start throwing them at people (just to enhance the experience, you know).

-Wear a ring necklace, and when the Ring is destroyed, stand up and shout "What?!?! That wasn't in the book!!!! I've go the Ring right here! Everyone knows it was never destroyed!". Then proceed to disappear (under your seat works).

-Every time a Gondorian soldier kills an orc, yell "For Gondor!"

-During Boromir's Osgiliath scene, chime in with the crowd, yelling "For Gondor!" and cheering when they distribute the drinks.

-During the Pyre of Denethor, light a match and calmly set your hand on fire (or the seat of the person in front of you, whichever you prefer).

-Whenever Pippin appears, chant "pintpintpintpintpintpintpint" under your breath.

-Whenever Merry and Pippin appear together, shout "It's the Adventures of Merry and Pippin!"

-When Gollum appears for the first time, say "He looks like a bus!"

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 08:09 PM   #42
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
What Not to do
Wierd, I got a forward with all the things listed in the first post, only it said Things TO Do! Not that I'm going to of course [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img].

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:11 PM December 13, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 08:20 PM   #43
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
the ents go marching one by one
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Perfect! Extremely humorous. I sent it to my brother (fellow Tolkienite) and he proceeded to continue the song. Here goes:

Quote:
The Ents go marching one by one, seeking vengeance for what the wizard has done, the Ents go marching round and round the Isengard. The Ents go marching two by two hurrah hurrah; the Ents go marching two by two, hey Saruman, they're gonna kill you. The Ents go marching three by three, what are they capable of - just wait and see. The Ents go marching four by four, knocking on your front door. The Ents go marching five by five; how are you still alive? The Ents go marching six by six; Gandalf comes and takes your sticks. The Ents go marching seven by seven, for your sins you can't go to heaven. The Ents go marching eight by eight; blown into the void you must wait. The Ents go marching nine by nine; maybe you can come back some other time. The Ents go marching ten by ten; not till Morgoth rises again
Oh, and Lady Snickerdoodle? I'd be much obliged if you'd PM me the Legolas joke that the 'Downs higher ups wouldn't like...

Fea
Old 12-13-2003, 08:25 PM   #44
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Oh, and Lady Snickerdoodle? I'd be much obliged if you'd PM me the Legolas joke that the 'Downs higher ups wouldn't like...
Ditto! *Awaits it... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 08:31 PM   #45
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Are you sure you all want to actually know what Lady Snickerdoodle was thinking?

A few more:

-If you play an instrument that is portable, bring it to the theater. Proceed to tune it during the previews (if they have any). Then play along with the score. Actual sheet usic is not required, just try to imitate it as best as you can, and see how fast you get kicked out.

-Bring smelling salts to revive anyone who faints when Legolas comes on screen (or Shelob, for that matter).

-Tell everyone you see that everyone dies (or specialize it, if they have an obvious preference for a certain character). Whenever anyone does die, or "die", or *die*, depending on whether we're speaking of Theoden, Pippin, or Sam, say "See! I told you so!"

-Generally support the idea that all the deviations from the book are actually canon, and that everything true to the book didn't actually happen. See how many people you can confuse. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2003, 08:37 PM   #46
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Are you sure you all want to actually know what Lady Snickerdoodle was thinking?
Hmmm, that's not a bad question...
Old 12-14-2003, 08:18 AM   #47
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
These are hilarious!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I have a few of my own:
FOTR: When Lurtz says "find the Halflings!" stand up and yell "I got one" while grabbing the person in front/next to you, and carry him or her out of the theater.
TTT: When the uruk says "Manflesh" bite the person in front/next to you.
ROTK: When Gollum attacks Sam yell "Give him the chair!"

Sorry these are all I could think of...it's late, and I don't do well with sugar... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2003, 10:33 AM   #48
Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien
Haunting Spirit

Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien
Sting

Quote:
~When Faramir takes the hobbits to Gondor, stand up and proclaim loudly 'That didn't happen in the book!!!' Then proceed to take out your copy of TTT and read aloud exactly what did happen, leaving nothing out.
*dies*

Do not complain loudly to the rest of the theatre about how Legolas's eyes change colour constantly during the movie

Do not yell "Fly, my pretties, fly!" whenever you see the Wraiths on wings.

*takes a bashing for the worst ones ever*
"And he sang to them, now in the Elven tongue, now in the speech of the West, until their hearts, wounded with sweet words, overflowed, and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness."
Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #49
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Keeping with what Tinny said:

- sneak in a bottle of nail polish remover, dip your hand in it, calmly set it ablaze, and wave it around in front of the person sitting behind you saying, "See, it doesn't hurt." Then proceed to blow it out. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (For all those pyromaniacs.)

- Start lobbing mini-packs of Kleenex at random people saying, "Here, you're going to need these."

- When Shelob appears, DON'T yell "Mom?!?!?! What are you doing on-screen?!?!?!" [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 01:38 PM   #50
Tar-Alcarin
Wight

Tar-Alcarin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Im with Finwe. LOL [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When Sam, at osgiliath says to frodo "Im your Sam" Yell "I KNOW"
When i saw TTT one of my friends did that. Everyone just looked at her.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:41 PM   #51
Arothir
Wight

Arothir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

when Sam says, "I'm your Sam," yell, "I do not like green eggs and ham," or, "I have no Sam!"
Arothir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 03:49 PM   #52
Naz
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, now I'll want to do the "?! This isn't Osgiliath!!" thing & shout "DO THE WAVE!!" , but my dad & all other moviegoers will prolly kill me..&gt; &lt;;; Unless another BDer will be at the Senator on Tuesday??
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 05:59 PM   #53
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Start lobbing mini-packs of Kleenex at random people saying, "Here, you're going to need these."
Hmm... that's a good idea.... I think I have some of those somewhere....

Old 12-14-2003, 06:45 PM   #54
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Yes, Luthien, you're right, I don't think anyone should be exposed to what I had to go through. (actually I'm not the one who thought it up, my friend did, i place the blame squarely on her shoulders...)

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:47 PM December 14, 2003: Message edited by: Lady Snickerdoodle ]
Old 12-15-2003, 12:43 PM   #55
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Miriel Undomiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Miriel Undomiel
Sting

If you do something seriously stupid and get arrested and get handcuffs on, don't say: take it off us! We swears to be nice! We swears on...on..on the preciousss! Yes, yes...on the preciousss'' And then give the security guy a very innocent look. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2003, 02:52 PM   #56
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
sneak in a bottle of nail polish remover, dip your hand in it, calmly set it ablaze, and wave it around in front of the person sitting behind you saying, "See, it doesn't hurt." Then proceed to blow it out. (For all those pyromaniacs.)
how does that work? i've heard of this chemical that does it but i didnt know what it was... I wanna try that. (okay now my friend is worried for me)
Old 12-16-2003, 03:06 PM   #57
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's the ammonia in the nail polish remover, Lady Snickerdoodle. kind of like when you flambe food, except with a hand and ammonia. i htink ammonia is an alcohol, so that would make sense...

repeat all of the little gems of information given out on the EE commentary. for example, when sam is drwoning at the end of FOTR say loudly 'THAT WASN'T REALLY UNDERWATER! HE STOOD ON A STAGE AND HAD THE WATER ADDED IN AFTERWARDS. I JUST THOUGHT YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW; NOBODY LIKES TO BE TRICKED BY HOLLYWOOD'.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:17 AM   #58
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
Lady Snickerdoodle, I'd be much obliged if you'd send me the Legolas joke. If you don't think I can handle it, kindly talk to me alter-ego, Agent Darkling, who works for the PPC: Mary-Sue department. She's seen more than any of you could handle *shudder*

Quote:
Yeah... but what if it's Elrond?
Nekkid Elrond..WHERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! *drools*

Oh, and *don't* you *dare* get a Over Head Projector, and project the map of Middle-earth onto the wall to prove that, once and for all, there is *no* river in Westfold!
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 03:17 PM   #59
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Don't stroke your movie ticket and call it "My Precious." (Already did that; got interesting reactions.)

(Btw, "Return of the King" kicked @ss!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
Old 12-17-2003, 05:02 PM   #60
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Now that trilogy tuesday is over did anyone do any of those things? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2003, 07:54 PM   #61
Lëowen
Haunting Spirit

Location: my computer chair, being smothered by my impossibly large cat
Lëowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lëowen
Shield

I certainly did not yell 'Save the Ents!' and 'Do the wave for Boromir the Disco King!' and 'Happy Return of the King day!' at everyone who came into the theater...nope...not me. Nor did I repeatedly ask the theater employees if they would sell the RotK posters. (They didn't answer)
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2003, 08:24 PM   #62
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

Nor did I scream 'Uncle Dom wants YOU!!' and point menacingly at everyone who walked in... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2003, 08:16 AM   #63
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Sting

And I didn't scream 'TOO BAD FRODO FELL INTO MOUNT DOOM!!! WHAT A HORRIBLE WAY TO DIE!!!!!' to all the people who haddn't seen the movie yet!! That would just be evil.... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] .....
Old 12-18-2003, 09:05 AM   #64
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lol! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2003, 11:03 AM   #65
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I think I ruined the movie for about half the audience...there was a guy who wanted a picture of the theater and we all posed. I yelled "Frodo Lives"(this was before the movie, mind) and everyone said, "Awwww!"
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #66
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
Tolkien

Ha ha ha! these are all so awesome and hilarious!

Quote:
"If you see someone wearing a One Ring replica, go up to them and kneel, saying: "We swears to serve the master of the precious!"

Interesting way to meet new people!
At the Council of Elrond, when Frodo says, "I will take the ring to Mordor" stand up and scream, "No, let me take it!" and run out of the theater.
To do these would be so fun!!

But by far, my favorite was this one!

Quote:
19. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theater during the
Shelob scene.
This would be ludacris!!! I wanted to do something like that. But instead, i just threw popcorn at the people in front of us! Not as good as spiders, but they were still uneasy about the whole shelob thing!

PS ROTK is the best of the entire trilogy! it was the bomb!
Old 12-18-2003, 12:12 PM   #67
lord_of_rohan2003
Animated Skeleton

lord_of_rohan2003 has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

LOL!I like the idea of relesind a daddy long leg during Shelobs scene,but for an alternative get one of glow in the dark halloween spiders and tie on a string attached to a stick,so right as they cut to her,dangle it right in front of the people your sitting behind!

Note:If the football team(or members of a gun club)are sitting in front of you,you might want to hold off on doing that [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
lord_of_rohan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:06 PM   #68
Naz
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I really should've yelled "THE DISCO KING!!" when he rode into Rivendell, cause all the Leggyboppers cheered for Leggy. So the rest of us cheered for Gimli. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Trilogy was GREAT. I had sooo much fun..

And at the end end (as in RotK credits), when Karl Urban came up, I yelled, "WOOLYBEARS!!" (you know, those big fuzzy black & brown caterpillars? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) And we cheered for Uruk #1 & Alan Lee & John Howe... it was an amazing experience. All the right reactions at the right moments. No one talking, no one laughing when Smeagol died..

I'm babblin- -;
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:14 PM   #69
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

I actually did say 'Meela Moment' when Denethor appeared...heh ^^;; *slinks away*
Old 12-18-2003, 07:02 PM   #70
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

Uhhh, maybe this seems like a stupid question because everyone else seems to understand, but would anyone explain the "Boromir the Disco King" thing to me? I've seen it all over the place but WHAT IS IT?

Stupid question, maybe no one answers.

Anyway these are hilarious, people! I haven't seen the movie yet... but I am going to use some of these!!
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:51 PM   #71
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hey Firefoot the boromir disco king was (as much as i can gather it) someone's sig. that's all i think, unless there was a private joke i missed? *feeling left out*
Old 12-18-2003, 09:21 PM   #72
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The Disco King came fom Oddwen and tuned into an epic Cazy Scene with Pics. Soon, the epidemic of the Disco King spead to the heat's of eveyone, and some decided to make it even moe than just a cazy scene. Some people put it in thei sigs, even. At least..that is the tale that I have been told.

I also told a few people that Fodo falls in Mt. Doom...*chuckles* that was geat!

Padon the lack of cetain lettes in this post... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:26 PM December 18, 2003: Message edited by: ElenCala Isil ]
Old 12-19-2003, 05:57 AM   #73
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Sting

I'm just a bit mad at PJ for not mentioning that Eòmer became king of Rohan and that Eòwyn and Faramir married. I thought that was important, but I guess thats just me [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ......
Old 12-19-2003, 10:22 AM   #74
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Everyone in the theater started applauding when Aragorn and Arwen started making out, and when Sam and Rosie kissed. The funny thing was, both times, my boyfriend leaned over and kissed me, just as Aragorn (and later, Sam) leaned over to kiss their respective "girls." Talk about timing! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:51 PM   #75
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When Aragorn and Arwen kissed, I didn't yell "Incest!" loudly... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 07:46 PM   #76
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I didn't think "And here's the hero we've all been waiting for!" when Gimli appeared. And I didn't have "This isn't Osgiliath!" moments, and I didn't cry at the end. Not all. Nor did I see the huge poster at the theater and wonder out loud if they would give it away, or laugh at the horrible medieval re-enactors who made a weird performance, or clap for Sam (everyone was clapping when Legolas and Gimli entered Frodo's room, so I had to put in my loud vote for Sam). I didn't clap at the end, either. All in all, it was rather uneventful. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #77
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I didn't start catcalling when Legolas walked into the bedroom, even though the rest of the theater was catcalling and applauding.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:18 PM   #78
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I didn't strangle the guy next to me who kept chanting "Rudy" during my angel Sam's moments. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
I didn't quite get it when my Dad said that Andy Serkis looks like Kid Rock, but I did tell him that Denethor looks like Ozzy Osbourne.

Quote:
I'm thinking more and more that I need to make a fan commentary.
Ditto! Ditto! There should be a contest for a chance to do one of those for an official version. That would be cool.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 12:57 PM   #79
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

I did, when Frodo and Sam appear in their orc disguises, mutter "Little orcs, buraroom."

I also applauded along with the rest of the theatre when Eowyn said "I am no man."
Old 12-22-2003, 12:57 PM   #80
Eowyn_Wildfire
Animated Skeleton

Eowyn_Wildfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eowyn_Wildfire
Sting

do not
loudly proclaim GO MERRY after Pippin is done singing!

hee hee my friend did that (she can't tell them apart)

ask the person next to you "when does frodo kiss sam?" then though-out the movie and ask "is this it?"

my firend did that too....

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:10 PM December 29, 2003: Message edited by: Eowyn_Wildfire ]
Eowyn_Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote