Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #241
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Whoa! Well, there's a problem here for me - I'm not writing for any readers other than ourselves. I'm just enjoying developing 'Meghan' and interacting with each of your characters as I think SHE might do - and without regard to how anyone else might interpret her thoughts, words, or actions.

I'm just playing a game here . . .

If the reader likes it, likes my character fine -- but perhaps they might see her as a complete twit. And I don't really care. From my point of view, I've written well, she's interacted with others as I feel she ought to, and that's all that matters to me in an RPG
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 02-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #242
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I'm not writing a novel, but I do mean to do something that will be enjoyable for whoever happens to stumble upon it! And I don't worry about the reader not liking Osmod, I worry about the reading getting the wrong idea about him! Basically, I don't want to RP a whiny, moody guy... yet I want my character to be consistant as well, for the reader's sake. Yet enough of that, at least from my part... if anyone wants to talk about it, feel free to start sending out PM's!! Let's get back to writing a game.

Edit: I'd also like to remind/inform those I have not told before, that I'm basically here to learn how to write good stories in English. I was a bit of a writer back in Argentina but now I find that my Spanish is not as good as it used to be and my English is getting better... given that odds are I will stay in North America, I rather learn to write in English than to remember how to do it in Spanish. That's perhaps why I am more concerned about overall quality of the RPG (at least my part on it, the rest of you can do as you please).
Old 02-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #243
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Fellow Bregowarians!

As I'm going to sleep soon, and won't be with you before 6-7 PM (GMT), I'll just suggest a few things.

Farael: Write Osmod's post to address either all (all would hear) or then just Sythric and Raedwald (they are near each other)

Undómë: Write Raedwald's answer to Sythric / Osmod / both.

Eonwe SW: Write about Eostre's feelings about this all...

Maeggaladiel: Feel free to come more involved: you write good posts, keeping up the tension...

I'll be able to getr Sythrics comments in less than 24-hours, and if everything is almost settled by then, we should really be getting forwards. I quess Arry is getting frustrated with us...

Anyhow: I think we have just started the "real game"! And it's fun!

I agree with Undómë about this basic predicament of this being a game and fun in the first place, not so much a serious novel (with my english I would never dream of writing one in english!)
Old 02-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #244
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Maeggaladiel: Feel free to come more involved: you write good posts, keeping up the tension...
Thank you! I'd love to get more involved, and I hope to do so. My main problem seems to be that I'm rarely online at the same time as the rest of Bregoware. I'm alone and I post once, and then by the time I'm online the following day, either too few people have posted or everyone has posted three times in my absence and are wondering whether Fionn has died in the night!

But perhaps now things will even out a bit more. I mean, look! I'm online at the same time as THREE Bregowarians! I'm not a lone ghost floating across the plains today.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #245
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeggaladiel
Thank you! I'd love to get more involved, and I hope to do so. My main problem seems to be that I'm rarely online at the same time as the rest of Bregoware. I'm alone and I post once, and then by the time I'm online the following day, either too few people have posted or everyone has posted three times in my absence and are wondering whether Fionn has died in the night!

But perhaps now things will even out a bit more. I mean, look! I'm online at the same time as THREE Bregowarians! I'm not a lone ghost floating across the plains today.
I second Nogrod... great post! with regards to the problem of being here at different times, maybe we should start plotting ahead a little... just general ideas, but so that we all know more or less what the other wants to do.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #246
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
A novel written by Valier

Ok I am sorry if I came off a little rude. I just wanted to let you wulfhamers know that yes Vaenosa has problems, but I have been trying to drop small hints that she actually is beginning to care for the others. The boar was supposed to be a sign of her "affection". She lived alone with her mother for a long time and does not quite know how to interact with others well. I will try to make her more friendly as the days go by, but remember she will always be brash. Her comments towards the men are more humorous then hatred now. I thought I made that clear, but in the future I will try to make it more clear.

I understand it is hard for your characters to "get" Vaenosa by her actions and words, but the reactions I was hoping for would be more of concern for her and not straight out hatred.ie: Hoping that Vaenosa would die.
Please read her words for what they are and not what you think she is saying.
For a really good example of what I am talking about, take the men cooking. Vaenosa and I would assume Incana have both been raised cooking. The men's gungho attitude towards cooking and the like would seems strange to Vaenosa. Which in turn would affect her opinion of them. I understand this but it is a little strange that the men would get the woman to hunt while the men cook.

I added the Boar scene just for the purpose of seeming more friendly, and since I was the only one not injured I thought it plausible that she would try to find more food. I really don't know how to hunt! I have just been trying to fill in time. Vaenosa would rather cook and tend to the horses and such then risk her neck hunting. But someone had to do it. Remember I am a girl in RL I don't really know too much about the hunting and fighting. I thought that since everyone was injured this would be the logical thing to do.

Ok well after that rant I will try to vocalize her feelings and intentions more but, not so much that it changes her as a whole.Please feel free men to hunt and not just cook.

THE END
Old 02-27-2006, 10:09 PM   #247
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I've pm'd with Naria. She's come up with the idea of her knowing of me from both of our mother's doing business together. I'm allowing her to tell about Vaenosa's past because it makes more sense for her to do it. It would be out of character for Vaenosa to out right tell about it. I hope this opens up the mystery of Vaenosa for all of you, so we can slowly become friends.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:47 PM   #248
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Hi. I'm back. I might not get a post up until tommorow, though... I'm sorry... stretched for time now that I'm back from the weekend... trying to catch up on everything...
Old 02-28-2006, 10:10 AM   #249
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
I second Nogrod... great post! with regards to the problem of being here at different times, maybe we should start plotting ahead a little... just general ideas, but so that we all know more or less what the other wants to do.
Sounds like a fine idea to me. Does anyone have anything in particular in mind? I'm open to just about anything.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #250
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Sounds like a fine idea to me. Does anyone have anything in particular in mind? I'm open to just about anything.
I don't really have anything in mind just yet... maybe more talk between the characters? maybe Fionn joining Osmod and Sythric and Eostre joining Meghan and Raewald?

And also, I think we should start putting up Saves for Eowyn... so that she does not need to catch up to a whole lot all of a sudden.... it might make life easyer for her if she manages to find a way to add Eostre's part without changing (much) what has already been written
Old 02-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #251
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Please remember that post icons are not to be used on posts to the RPG thread - not even on SAVES.

----------

And since I'm seeing a lot of SAVES on the game, I'd like to put up a reminder about them from The Red Book of Westmarch:

Quote:
Rules:

Keep the 'SAVE' option to a minimum. Don't use it for a crutch, thinking you will get back to the post later - this usually doesn't happen.

'SAVE's should be gone back to and posted on within a 24 hour time period.(& preferably less time than this) Please note: SAVE's not filled in within 48 hours can be removed from the game by the moderator. Players can then place a post on the Discussion Thread of the game and say where they want it placed.

'SAVE's should contain a brief, even one sentence description of what the poster intends to post about.

Other writers are free to post after a 'SAVE' has been put on a space. It is the responsibility of the writer who has posted the 'SAVE' to work within the posts before and after it.

If you decide you are not going to use a 'SAVE', then it is your responsibility to DELETE it from the game.
----------

I especially would like you to be aware of the part I've put in bold. SAVES should not slow down a game's progress.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #252
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Fellow Bregowarians!

I have one idea concerning the ferry, and have PM'd Arry about it. It will all come to, how fast Arry would like to get us to meet the Wulfhamers. If he agrees, I'll write us to the ferry and give us a small nut to crack there...

If he disagrees (if we really should haste), I'll inform you about it, and then it's probably up to anyone, to get us over the ferry and onwards.

Meanwhile, let's ride and discuss! Farael's idea, concerning people coming to ride with each other, is good.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:52 PM   #253
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
maybe Fionn joining Osmod and Sythric and Eostre joining Meghan and Raewald?
Quote:
Farael's idea, concerning people coming to ride with each other, is good.
All right, I filled my save with Fionn approaching Sythric and Osmod. I wasn't sure what Sythric was going to post as conversation with Osmod, so I made Fionn keep to himself until he's sure you're finished. He's such a polite boy.

Feel free to invite him over in your next post, or just ignore him and I'll make him butt in.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:15 PM   #254
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
All right, I filled my save with Fionn approaching Sythric and Osmod. I wasn't sure what Sythric was going to post as conversation with Osmod, so I made Fionn keep to himself until he's sure you're finished. He's such a polite boy.

Feel free to invite him over in your next post, or just ignore him and I'll make him butt in.
Good. I'm just getting to my post right now, and will post it in couple of hours (must check the WW-game every once in a while too). I'll take Fionn in to the discussion as I end it.

I got green light from Arry. I could be writing us to the ferry, surely (as sure as these things can be...) at least on Friday afternoon (GMT), possibly thursday late evening (about 10 PM, GMT). If this timetable fits everyone?
Old 02-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #255
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Wulfham group I have filled my save.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #256
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Good. I'm just getting to my post right now, and will post it in couple of hours (must check the WW-game every once in a while too). I'll take Fionn in to the discussion as I end it.
As there were no posts after Maeggaladiel, I changed the "plan" above, and took Fionn with O. & S. after Maeg's post. It's a better read that way.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #257
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Naria,

Check your pms.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 02-28-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:05 PM   #258
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nogrod brought up that he did not understand my 'olive branch' comment... is that proper English? I know English is the second language for the two of us and while I was not sure it IS proper English, Nogrod is not sure it is NOT... so it's just as likely that either will be wrong.

Edit: Also, Undome, should any of us notice that you have stopped?

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-01-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:03 PM   #259
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naria -

Hmm..... I've been thinking a lot about your recent post. My apologies for my earlier goof.

I really liked your post, but I think there may be a small problem. It wouldn't take much to fix it, though. Here is my idea. You can tell me to jump in the lake if you think this won't work!

You ask Dorran a question about the meat but then don't wait for him to answer. Instead, you go ahead and sit next to Brand for lunch:

Quote:
Not knowing what to do with the remaining pieces of meat she asked Dorran, "Do you know a way in which to dry meat? There is still some wild boar left here."

After Incana had rinsed her hands and blade of blood with water she took some lunch and sat down next to Brand. She ate her last spoonful of stew and rinsed it down with tea that Dorran always kept fresh and hot for them. Incana then made a bold move and started a conversation with the man sitting next to her.
Then you tell Brand all about Vanosa, but don't give him a chance to respond because you immediately ask a question of Dorran:

Quote:
Maybe she will let her guard down with the group, I will talk to her when we are on our way again." She smiled at the man feeling a weight lift off of her shoulders.

Incana's attention was brought back to supper when she heard Dorran throw down some wood. "Dorran could you show me where you found the turnips for the stew?" She thought if he was able to find turnips maybe there would be some kind of potatoe to be had as well.
My problem is this. I could go ahead and do a post where Dorran responds to your last question. I could talk to you about where the turnips are, but then Brand really wouldn't have a chance to say anything about Vaenosa, and Dorran will never answer your earlier question about the meat.

Would it be alright if we did this?

1. Right after the question about the dry meat to Dorran, you could add just one sentence where you say something like this: Dorran nodded and then walked off to think about the question that Incana had raised. If you add a sentence like that, it makes sense for Dorran to bring this question up with you in a later post, and the scene isn't just left hanging.

2. End your current post before the last paragraph. Stop at the point that says She smiled at the man feeling a weight lift off of her shoulders. If you do that, then Brand will be able to answer you and offer some kind of response about Vaenosa.

3. Save the last little paragraph for a separate post and put it up after Brand finishes his response. You can use this as a way to lead into the post that Dorran will make in response to Incana, the one we talked about by pm. Just to let you know, Dorran has overheard what Incana said and will comment on this as well as answer the two questions: the one you raised about the meat and the one about the turnips.

Arry and Naria What do you think of this approach?
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 02-28-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:05 PM   #260
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thumbs up

Thanks Naria the post is great! I will begin to be friendlier as we go on, please try idle chit chat with Vaenosa I promise it won't hurt!

Also is there any ideas as to when Arry you maybe had planned to meet up with the others? In *RL* Days.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:44 PM   #261
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tevildo--I hope the changes that I have made are the right ones. You are right, it does sound better and leaves it open for a response from you and Arry.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:46 AM   #262
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Also is there any ideas as to when Arry you maybe had planned to meet up with the others? In *RL* Days.

I'll leave that to the writers on the Bregoware team to answer. The Wulfhamers will be in position whenever is needed.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:34 AM   #263
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
I'll leave that to the writers on the Bregoware team to answer. The Wulfhamers will be in position whenever is needed.
As we all know, you never know...

But after we have some minor problems at the ferry (thu-fri, RL), we should be quite ready to meet you - as far as I am concerned...

If people post well at the weekend to solve our problems, I guess we could be over the river after it. So next week, the weekend after that at the latest?
Old 03-01-2006, 01:38 AM   #264
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

All Gamers

I want to encourage all the gamers to make use of me as the Game Moderator as needed for problems that arise which can't be solved through a civil presentation of a problem and a discussion in like manner for how it can be resolved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having said that, I do expect posts to the Discussion Thread for this and any other game in the Shire or Rohan to be civil and conducted in a polite manner between the gamers. As mature members of the Downs, we can all approach each other in a friendly and accomodating manner on this public part of the forum.

If there are issues that need to be discussed in a more intense manner they can be taken to PM and hammered out between the persons concerned.

If there are problems which absolutely cannot be resolved through polite discussion, then I am to be PM'd for moderation as needed.

Any posts to this Discussion Thread which I consider to be uncivil will be sent back to their writers. And they will be asked to think the problem through and approach it in a more friendly/helpful/polite manner.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

~*~ Piosenniel, Game Moderator
Old 03-01-2006, 01:51 AM   #265
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks for the reminders and suggestions , Pio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farael

Your 'offering the olive branch' was an appropriate use of the phrase. Osmod was making a gesture of peace and reconciliation between himself and Sythric - putting aside any bad feeling of being displaced as the Brego 'leader'.

I would, however, change the word you used following it - fuzz - to fuss.

-- Arry
Old 03-01-2006, 02:34 AM   #266
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Edit: Also, Undome, should any of us notice that you have stopped?
Please let her be for a while - she's trying to decide whether to go on or go back . . .
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 03-01-2006, 02:58 AM   #267
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
Please let her be for a while - she's trying to decide whether to go on or go back . . .
... and sure it would be naturally the task of Raedwald to try to do something about it first?

Nice turn Undómë!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:42 AM   #268
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo

3. Save the last little paragraph for a separate post and put it up after Brand finishes his response. You can use this as a way to lead into the post that Dorran will make in response to Incana, the one we talked about by pm. Just to let you know, Dorran has overheard what Incana said and will comment on this as well as answer the two questions: the one you raised about the meat and the one about the turnips.

Arry and Naria What do you think of this approach?
Works fine for me.

I've put up a post.

Brand is unaware that Dorran has overheard Incana's recounting of Vaenosa's story.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #269
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nogrod:
This weekend will be quite busy for me, but I should be able to get at least one post up. If you get us to the ferry before Friday Night I might be able to get one on Fri. and one over the weekend. If that's ok, I don't mind the time-table at all

Undome, Eowyn and Maeggaladiel (Did I butcher it?) what do you think?
Old 03-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #270
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Nogrod:
This weekend will be quite busy for me, but I should be able to get at least one post up. If you get us to the ferry before Friday Night I might be able to get one on Fri. and one over the weekend. If that's ok, I don't mind the time-table at all

Undome, Eowyn and Maeggaladiel (Did I butcher it?) what do you think?
Even as you don't ask my opinion, I'm giving it!

I think we should get Maeghan back to the company first, and look at the timetables then.

But I'll try to give you some outlines of our approaching the scene quite soon, so then anyone can continue the story forwards. I'd like to take the lead only when we come to the actual ferry. And within my current plan, there could be something to think for everyone before we get to the ferry.

Suspense, suspense...

EDIT: PS. Arry said, we can take all the time we need. I don't think it means "take a month", and I sure believe, we should be advancing. But let's not be overhasty?

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-01-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #271
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The plan forwards to Bregowarians

So here’s the first map of the situation, after we (hopefully) get Meghan back to tracks. Feel free to move us, paying heed to these suggestions.

There is the town of Earnanaes by the ferry. It kind of striked me a couple of weeks ago, that it would sound quite improbable, there being a ferry in the middle of nowhere anyhow. Now it fits nicely. A town by the ferry. So the history goes: first the traveling route, then the market...

You may everyone decide, what’s your characters level of knowledge about towns outside your Bregowarian perimeter. Sythric and Raedwald should have visited it quite some times (not ever so often, but still). So they would be familiar with it. And if I recall it right, it was Eostre, who had been across the river before (or do I mess things up?). If yes, she should have been in the town too. Or anyone being there before...

I quess, that as many, or at least some of us, knows about the town, we should plan to eat our lunch there (we talked about being at the ferry at noon, didn’t we?): not using our small carry-along ratios, but to buy warm, wellmade food from a tavern or something.

But alas!

The town, as we reach it, is already deserted. Empty. Apart from occasional scavengers (wild-dogs etc.), it’s totally devoid of (other) living souls. We should note first some empty farmhouses, as we approach the town.

We should take the main alley / road / street – whatever – and ride along it, through this deserted town. You just come up with anything you think your character makes of it. (I was thinking about some posts about riding slowly through the ghost-town...)

As everyone is “happy” with the situation, I’ll take us to the ferry to meet our small challenge.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #272
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nogrod

I didn't ask for your opinion, why did you give it anyway? =P no, ok.. I was adressing you first, so then I meant to add the others as well for the question, not to leave you out. My mistake.

About the town, I was thinking along the lines of having a small settlement over there (as yes, having only one guy working the rafts would not make much sense) but I like your idea of having a full-fledged town... that will be deserted. It sounds great actually.

Only one thing though... if there is no-one in town, how will we man the rafts? and most importantly... if they all escaped (which is what I assume has happened, unless we find the village torched down) wouldn't the rafts be on the other side of the river?
Old 03-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #273
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valier

Brand will be back into camp well after dinner and nightfall. Would it be possible for you to set up Vaenosa so that he can speak with her - preferably in private?

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------After that - I'd like to crunch a little time for the Wulfham group and move us further south.

-- Arry

Last edited by Arry; 03-01-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:37 PM   #274
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Only one thing though... if there is no-one in town, how will we man the rafts? and most importantly... if they all escaped (which is what I assume has happened, unless we find the village torched down) wouldn't the rafts be on the other side of the river?

I have an idea for this problem. The raft would be a bit bigger than one we may imagine, more like a small barge? It would be rigged to a pulley system of sorts. Your group reaches the river and one member, maybe two at a time with horses, would ride the raft and pull themselves across. The people waiting back on the other side to cross would use the pulley to get the raft to them for the next person(s) . Think of it as a clothes line, pretty much the same concept. Yes, no?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #275
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
I have an idea for this problem. The raft would be a bit bigger than one we may imagine, more like a small barge? It would be rigged to a pulley system of sorts. Your group reaches the river and one member, maybe two at a time with horses, would ride the raft and pull themselves across. The people waiting back on the other side to cross would use the pulley to get the raft to them for the next person(s) . Think of it as a clothes line, pretty much the same concept. Yes, no?
Interesting idea... I guess we can decide once we get to that point how we will cross. I was thinking about finding an abandoned barge that was clearly old and worn to add a bit of 'stress' to the crossing... but if the whole 'deserted village' experience was stressful enough then it might be overkill. I like your idea though. It's smart and yet simple.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #276
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks Farael!

I like the rickety barge idea of yours. Getting the horses across would prove to be interesting to say the least.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:53 AM   #277
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Horses do swim -- sometimes on these old types of barges, the people rode the barge while the horses were tied at the back of the barge and swam across.

Naria

Not too far from where I live we have a pulley ferry-barge much as you described.

~*~ Pio
Old 03-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #278
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Duh, yeah I guess the horses would know how to swim...I'm around them enough lol

Our different groups could still have a horse or two that either weren't up to the swim or got spooked of the idea as they got closer to the river....hmmm
Old 03-02-2006, 01:18 AM   #279
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Excellent idea with the deserted town-- I approve! And an old barge ride would definately add some excitement to the river crossing. I'm not sure how often I'll be online during the weekend, either; although if I am online, it'll be during the late evenings.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:32 AM   #280
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Valier -

My save is filled. You're now free to do the set-up scene that Arry mentioned for the private meeting between Brand and Vaenosa.

And this time, I swear, Dorran will be nowhere in sight to overhear! Indeed, I think he will be off to bed early.