The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-17-2003, 09:16 AM   #401
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have truly been enjoying watching the different flowers blooming. I only wish I knew all their names. Some I have never noticed before! Seems that April was the month for yellow and May is decidedly heavy on purples.
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 12:27 PM   #402
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Helen, I also only count what I walk outside, not around home, but sometimes when I'm in town all day and I have absolutely no time leftover to walk, I count how far I go when I'm shopping.

Hilde, how odd, for where I am May seems to be the month of yellow. I haven't seen anything but yellow flowers one my walks. Now I have to wait for later in the summer nearing fall when those large beautiful pinkish purple flowers appear on the cliffs. *sighs dreamily* I am currently, as well as walking, planning out my own little garden near the side of the property that shall be all mine and nobody else's. I can take care of it myself. *sighs deeper* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

BTW, Helen, I'm reading Bolco's stories right now as I write, and I love them! Currently reading about Bolco's confusion over the Christmas tree. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2003, 12:27 PM   #403
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm so behind only one mile & 3/4! But I'm horrible with measurement, so the only time I'm sure of what I'm doing is when we run as a "warm up" in gym class... :P

ribbit... How am I gonna make it?!
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 12:43 PM   #404
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Naz-- same as the rest of us-- one furry (or elvish) foot in front of the other! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
(cue song from Rudolph) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

If it helps, estimate your walking distance by guessing three or four miles an hour. I actually do closer to 3 miles an hour-- I'm slow... For me, it's about fresh air and sunshine more than distance. (I'm a heliotrope.)

Yeah, it's not about competition, it's about encouragement and cameraderie. Lots of people seem to have walking songs they like.

Y'know, I'm seriously thinking of setting up a site for hobbit walking songs. If I had an MP3 recorder I'd sing 'em myself, once I got the tunes down. How about the rest of you?

(Maybe the BW might even let us do it here if we can keep it small and VERY hobbitty; otherwise, I can mount it on my own site. Although I would still insist on Very Hobbitty, or Elvish would be fine. You know-- ME, On Topic, Tolkien Only... Yeah, like that.)
'
Nuru-- you're going to have a garden?!?!? Oh, you HOBBIT you! (Oh, all right, elves and men garden too.) Keep me posted! Whatcha gonna put in it?

Need at least one little corner for violets of some sort, dontcha think? And cosmos in the back, and ... oh, all right, I'll let you design it... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] :P but you gotta tell us. If you get too flowery go to the "When Spring Unfolds The Beechen Leaf" thread and put it there! Samwise would be thrilled.

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 05-17-2003, 03:08 PM   #405
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

I think walking songs is a great idea. I do write walking songs, but most of them are very sad walking songs. We want cheery, uplifting songs! Hmmm....

I'll keep this short, and I will make sure to head over to that thread as soon as my garden get a little further along (at the present moment I've only just finished plotting out where and how large the garden will be). I'm not exactly sure what I'll put in it. The soil here isn't the best, but if I can struggle past that.... and some flowers wouldn't go to well with the mountain terrain. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I know for sure there are some wild flowers that are going in there no matter what they say about it. *stubborn look at the wild flowers* I'll have to find my flower book and see what I want there. There will be about three - five sunflowers growing up next to one of the two little ( [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] little) trees that are near the back of the garden. Somehow I like having trees somewhere in the garden, it makes it more complete. I'm also collecting myself some rocks to build a little stone fence near the back of the garden which will not be the entrance, in between the two trees. *is cut off because she has gone off topic* Yes, I'll visit the thread, most certainly.

*ponders how she can get back on topic* Well, as I was walking yesterday I arrived in Stock, and I tried to visualize it. All I could see was green and an inn looming up behind a hill. The Golden Perch. *sighs along with Pippin and Sam*

Now I'll be running off to find out how Tolkien described this part of the Shire, and do some more work on preparing my garden.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:37 PM   #406
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Chalk up another fifteen for me. Great biking weather we've had here. Until today that is...

Quote:
You have walked (biked) 135 miles.
You on the Barrow-Downs! (132).
It is 9 miles to the next landmark. You still have 323 miles to Rivendell.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:34 PM   #407
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Well, goodness! I must have missed Bree! Shoot! I was looking forward to a brief (or is it BREE-f) rest and a cup of coffee with Elven cream.

Alatįriėl , I'm glad you got some new Elf-slippers. It can make all the difference.

I only hope the weather clears up a mite before HELEN COMES TO VISIT ME AGAIN!

** Rae smiles smugly at having 2 visits from that Hobbit in a few months**

We have at least two hikes planned. The one to Caradhras should not prove disasterous, as it was for the Fellowship as it is Summer (or at least it should be if the weather would co-operate) Helen, do you wish to wear cloaks for the hike?

We will also spend a day shopping in the Emerald City and perhaps a day at the Bay of Belfalas.

**Rae sands hands together in eager anticipation**

Note to self: Stock up on Hobbit Food. Wash Cloaks. Find the walking sticks.

**Oooh, Goody, Goody, Goody!**
Old 05-17-2003, 07:21 PM   #408
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
If I had an MP3 recorder I'd sing 'em myself, once I got the tunes down. How about the rest of you?
Helen: I like the idea of walking songs. However, you definitely do not want me singing on there. I obviously did not inherit the singing ability of my elvish ancestry (or hobbit for that matter). Maybe I have a dwarf or possibly an orc ancestor?? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I got to Tom's this morning and Goldberry had a hot bath with strawberry bubble bath waiting for me. After soaking for almost an hour, I've been lying around with my feet up. The slippers Goldberry gave me are so soft and kind to my blister. I had to arm-wrestle Tom for possession of the Laz-E-Boy, but I took pity on him. I got the recliner, but I let him keep the remote control (as long as he promised not to sing). [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

--------------------

Tom clapped his hands and cried: 'Tom, Tom! your guests are tired, and you had near forgotten! Come now, my merry friends, and Tom will refresh you! You shall clean grimy hands, and wash your weary faces; cast off your muddy cloaks and comb out your tangles!'

He opened the door, and they followed him down a short passage and round a sharp turn. They came to a low room with a sloping roof (a penthouse, it seemed, built on to the north end of the house). Its walls were of clean stone, but they were mostly covered with green hanging mats and yellow curtains. The floor was flagged, and strewn with fresh green rushes. There were four deep mattresses, each piled with white blankets, laid on the floor along one side. Against the opposite wall was a long bench laden with wide earthenware basins, and beside it stood brown ewers filled with water, some cold, some steaming hot. There were soft green slippers set ready beside each bed.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:37 AM   #409
Tefalathiel
Pile O'Bones

Tefalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hy everybody!
I'm new here and this my very first post made on the net! So I don't know how it horks actually. Would any of you valliant elves/men/hobbits/dwarves/ents... out there help an elfmaiden (in training) in distress?
I've already walked 80 miles [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] !
Green hill was gorgeous this time of the year. However, I've just entered the Old Forest and allthough I LOVE forests, this one is really weird! Alas, I have to face it alone! No one around here wants to walk with me! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
By the way, did you know my country, Romania, has a lot of places that remind me of LOTR? Would you like to hear about it?
Well, I have to go. Old Man Willow is waiting somewhere for me and i will try sneak past him or charm him with my voice!(did you think only Tom Bombadil can do it?)
Old 05-18-2003, 10:31 AM   #410
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Welcome to the Downs,Tefalathiel. 80 miles is great! Good for you!

You can delete one of the duplicate posts by clicking on the "edit post" icon (the hammer and chisel at the top of your post) and selecting "delete".

Enjoy your time on the Downs.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:25 PM   #411
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Rae, I'm jealous, and, Helen, I'm jealous. You two get to meet each other? And you have before? *sighs*

I just returned from a 2-mile walk and after I finish writing this it'll be off to my garden! The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and everything was beautiful.... aside from when the dog barked at a hobbit working in her yard. Less than 400 miles to go. Actually, 399 miles to go.
Old 05-18-2003, 06:53 PM   #412
Vardamar
Haunting Spirit

Vardamar has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Well...chalk up another 5 mile run, Im still in the Bald Hill, with 108 miles.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:05 PM   #413
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

I've reached Maggot's farm now. To tell the truth I was a little hungry and was just starting on my third mushroom when I was attacked from behind. Farmer Maggot was quite prepared to beat me but relented, muttering something about not having the heart to beat a young female hobbit like myself. I hastily told him I was a friend of Mr. Frodo Baggins and told him how hungry I had been. I then unashamedly lied and told him I was planning to stop by his house and explain the absence of the mushrooms, but I don't think he quite believed me.

I'm now sitting and finishing writing it while Mrs. Maggot makes a hearty dinner. Mushrooms, I hear, are on the menu.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:37 PM   #414
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Nuru, mushrooms are indeed one good reason to cook. I'm finally discovering that the kitchen doesn't HAVE to be a center of misery. Mushrooms and onions... two good reasons to cook.

Rae, I am SOOOOO looking forward to visiting, and hiking. My mileage this week has been curtailed due to pressure at work-- gotta get this done so I can relax out west! Cloaks sound good. Walking sticks, good. But, oh, boy, I want to see MOUNTAINS again, MOUNTAINS, Raefindel! Can't wait. Can't wait....
Old 05-19-2003, 05:05 PM   #415
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Having wandered into the Bonfire Glade, Sophia stops and stares around her. She comes to the stunning realization that she's finally left the Shire! Since this has been one of her goals, she dances a small jig on the spot before ducking quickly behind a tree, startled by an approaching shadow.

Fortunately, it's not a black rider, Sophia didn't think it was, as the most valuable ring she's currently carrying is a mood ring she picked up at the Dollar Store a few weeks ago.

Having come 78 miles, Sophia's getting used to this walking business, and she heads off into the trees. She's promised to eat with Alaklondewen in Bree, but she has a little catching up to do if they're to be there at the same time...

(That's fun Alak, thanks for the idea! It's not as fun as meeting in person, but definately fun still. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 05:22 PM   #416
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

I'm taking a break to let an injury heal or I won't be able to climb Caradhras with Helen the Wonder Hobbit.

I've been to the local farmer's market to obtain the makings of some hobbit meals; we elves just don't seem to eat the same way! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'm all set and waiting for Helen...

Helen, I can't wait!
Old 05-19-2003, 05:28 PM   #417
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Injury? Rae?!?! Don't you MOVE!!! Hot towels! Ice packs! Aethelas by the handful! STRIDER!!!

You ride Bill the Pony from now on 'til you're better-- Uh, you're an elf, how about Asfaloth. Right.

Erm-- Rae? Take care of yourself. Please?

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 05-19-2003, 06:29 PM   #418
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hey dol! Derry dol!
Alaklondedillo!
Merry dol! Derry dol!
At Tom Bombadillo's!

Yes, I'm finally with Tom and Goldberry and let me tell you...the food is great! Although, Tom's dancing about can get a little old when one is worn out from a long journey.

Sophia, I am looking forward to meeting you in Bree, but you better hurry. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] We can tell stories and sing songs as long as neither of us gets on a table. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2003, 06:35 PM   #419
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Yes, Injury! I pulled a muscle over a month ago and then aggrivated it last Friday on a fanily night out. but it seems much better now, so I'm taking it easy till you get there.

Greycloak wants to know; Mt Doom or Caradhras? (Mt St Helens or Rainier?) Friday should be around 70 degrees (YES! FINALLY SOME NICE WEATHER!)
Old 05-20-2003, 09:40 AM   #420
Vardamar
Haunting Spirit

Shield

After stumbling along for some way along the stream, Vardamar came quite suddenly out of the gloom. As if through a gate Vardamar saw the sunlight before them. Coming to the opening Vardamar found that he had made his way down through a cleft in a high steep bank, almost a cliff.

110 miles, and I have reached old man willow. I’ve been drinking lots of caffeine drinks, so I don't fall asleep against any trees. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 09:52 AM   #421
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Mt. Doom, so I can get rid of this blasted ring.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Good going, Vardamar!

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 05-20-2003, 09:59 AM   #422
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

It's been such miserable weather in my neck of the woods, I'm still lurking in the barrowdowns waiting for things to clear up a bit.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:24 AM   #423
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] The Barrow-Downs is a good place to lurk! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 05:23 PM   #424
LINZIELF
Pile O'Bones

Location: Marching to Mordor - 590.5 miles-in the Barren Hills
LINZIELF has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Having finally left the Midgewater Marshes behind, I am now climbing up into the Weather Hills and Weather Top is in sight. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I will not light any fires and will only munch on the lembas that I had the foresight to prepare earlier!(here's one I prepared earlier!) This elf was accompanied by her hobbit child yesterday but as exams now loom she will be back to walking by herself again [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I shall occupy myself by trying to work out locations and mileage for The Very Long March to Mordor whilst I walk!(without falling over/walking into the sea/getting lost etc!)
For the hobbit horticulturists amongst us - Dorset is full of bright yellow Gorse bushes and scarlet poppies. The morning glories will soon be flowering and pansies are cropping up everywhere! So April is not any one particular colour here.
My new pedometer now has waterwings and hopefully will not be jumping in any more water and needing elvish medicine!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:22 PM   #425
Tarvasa
Pile O'Bones

Tarvasa has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Stickle-backs! How long ago was it since I last posted? Sorry. My mum had sugery this month, and shes having it again next week. There goes my walking partner. Still in Green Hill Country. Getting depressed.... 37 miles *gasp gasp* shock shock!!! Hope you guys are having a better time. New daily schedule for me.

Walk 40 min. - 2 miles

Bike 60 min. - 3 miles

Swim 60 min. - have no idea how many miles..lol...

I might drop the biking, it's not helping with my flab issues. lol.

'scuse me if I say lol too much.
Finished the Silmarillion. What a great book. Might start the Fellowship again. Has any one seen the new ROTK pics on the official movie website. Eek, they are so awsome!!
Tarvasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 09:23 PM   #426
Tarvasa
Pile O'Bones

Sting

*surgery

still don't think i got it right...
Old 05-20-2003, 10:43 PM   #427
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

I'll say a prayer for your mom. Those things are tough on a family. If you need to talk to someone, send me a PM.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:49 PM   #428
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Had to leave Tom's early...his singing was driving me nuts!!! I'd rather be caught on the Downs by Barrow Wights that listen to that "ring a ding dillo" any longer. Goldberry decided to come with me as far as Bree. She wants to do a little shopping, have her hair done, get a massage, maybe see a movie (I hear there's a really good movie currently playing that has elves & hobbits). **I think she just wants to get away from that singing for awhile**

--------------------

By his advice they decided to make nearly due North from his house, over the western and lower slopes of the Downs: they might hope in that way to strike the East Road in a day's journey, and avoid the Barrows. He told them not to be afraid--but to mind their own business.

"Keep to the green grass. Don't you go a-meddling with old stone or cold Wights or prying in their houses, unless you be strong folk with hearts that never falter!" He said this more than once; and he advised them to pass barrows by on the west-side, if they chanced to stray near one. Then he taught them a rhyme to sing, if they should by ill-luck fall into any danger or difficulty the next day:
  • Ho! Tom Bombadil, Tom Bombadillo!
    By water, wood and hill, by the reed and willow,
    By fire, sun and moon, harken now and hear us!
    Come, Tom Bombadil, for our need is near us!

When they had sung this altogether after him, he clapped them each on the shoulder with a laugh, and taking candles led them back to their bedroom.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:06 PM   #429
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

LOL that was a kick, Alatariel! I can certainly agree that Tom was never my favorite character, either!

I'm certainly ready to get out of this swamp! the Neekbreekers are almost as bad as Tom Bombadil's singing!

Quote:
The next day was little better and the night almost comfortless. Though the Neekbreekers (as Sam called them) were left behind, the midges still persued them.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:59 AM   #430
Tarvasa
Pile O'Bones

Question

Thanks Raefindel! Lol, thats hilarious Alatįriėl!
Old 05-21-2003, 09:14 AM   #431
Kalel

Sting

Okay then....at 32 miles. Only a few more until I see the elves! Yay! erm...anyways...hope everyone else is holding out.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:51 PM   #432
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Hello all! I have recently picked up this fun little hobbit habit(the fact that I'm not a hobbit but an elf intregues some of my friends [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) and have decided to join you all in your walk to Rivendell! I am currently in Stock, at 52 miles!
*walks off singing to herself*
The road goes ever on and on, out from the door...

[ May 21, 2003: Message edited by: Arafangwen ]
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 02:00 PM   #433
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I just passed bucklyberry ferry about 3 miles ago. 70 miles doesn't seem that long. Though after a long, some few weeks rest, I've decided to pick up my walking stick and head on out again. Only 388 more miles to Rivendell! Maybe I should borrow a horse from someone... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:51 PM   #434
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Goldberry & I spent too much time dawdling along the path today, enjoying the silence of the hills. We'll have to camp on the other side of the Barrow Downs, as it doesn't look like we'll make it to Bree for the weekend. We definitely won't stop for a nap until we make it to the Road. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

--------------------

Eastward the Barrow-downs rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into a guess: it was no more than a guess of blue and a remote white glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains.

They took a deep draught of the air, and felt that a skip and a few stout strides would bear them wherever they wished. It seemed fainthearted to go jogging aside over the crumpled skirts of the downs towards the Road, when they should be leaping, as lusty as Tom, over the stepping stones of the hills straight towards the Mountains.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:09 PM   #435
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Sorry it has been long since I wrote in here but I have been extremely busy. But don’t get me wrong I am still in this challenge! Like everyone knows I am in South Africa t the moment on a holiday and business trip! And I love it! There is lot to do here. I have climbed Table Mountain… up and down, I have walked allot in forests and fun places! I have been exercising and exercising allot for a walking sense!!! Wow am I tired!!
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 10:44 PM   #436
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

peony_foxburr has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peony_foxburr
Sting

Peony's alter ego is back in home territory now but missing the beautiful Pacific Northwest already. As for Peony, it took her a while to get off the Barrow Downs--5 days of no walking or only short jaunts--but she made it to Bree and is a few miles down the road, looking over her shoulder nervously for Black Riders in pursuit. Yesterday was a fine summery day, but today was more drizzle and clouds [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. Oh wait, Peony doesn't like being sweaty anyhow [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]!
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
peony_foxburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:26 PM   #437
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Just letting everyone know that I'm still walking. I think I have about eighty miles now.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 05:54 AM   #438
Vardamar
Haunting Spirit

Shield

The grass under Vardamar's feet was smooth and short, as if it had been mown or shaven. The eaves of the Forest behind were clipped, and trim as a hedge. The path was now plain before him, well-tended and bordered with stone. It wound up on to the top of a grassy knoll, now grey under the pale starry night; and there, still high above him on a further slope, he saw the twinkling lights of a house.

Ak!...16miles of Tom's house to go. His singing is like the music of an ice-cream truck, it just plays over and over in your head! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

On a side note, this is my last post as a Haunting Spirit, with my next post I will be a Wight!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:19 PM   #439
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
His singing is like the music of an ice-cream truck, it just plays over and over in your head!
Vardamar: Kinda like a ride at a well-known amusement park? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all..." arrrghhh **runs off screaming**

While walking through the Downs today, who should Goldberry and I see but The Barrow Wight! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] He was sitting in a lounge chair just outside the door to his house, with a large pitcher of lemonade on the table beside him. We stopped and chatted for a bit, and he invited us to stay for dinner. However, we decided not to push our luck and headed on down the path. We'll make camp when we get closer to the East Road.

--------------------

Then their hearts rose, for it seemed plain that they had come further already than they had expected. Certainly the distances had now all become hazy and deceptive, but there could be no doubt that the Downs were coming to an end. A long valley lay below them winding away northwards, until it came to an opening between two steep shoulders. Beyond, there seemed to be no more hills. Due north they faintly glimpsed a long dark line. "That is a line of trees," said Merry, "and that must mark the Road. All along it for many leagues east of the Bridge there are trees growing. Some say they were planted in the old days."

"Splendid!" said Frodo. "If we make as good going this afternoon as we have done this morning, we shall have left the Downs before the Sun sets and be jogging on in search of a camping place."
Old 05-23-2003, 10:44 PM   #440
Bulelainwen
Animated Skeleton

Bulelainwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bulelainwen
Sting

I so far have 108 miles...a little hobbit like me really gets a lot of miles running around the house looking for homework. Then of course the evil teacher makes me run, though today she did take us running to pick berrys today. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Hope you all are doing well also. Until Next time...
Bulelainwen is offline   Reply With Quote