Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2004, 02:25 PM   #161
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Well, since no one has posted, I'm going to write a fowarding post, where we find the road and make our way west. So, get some posts in, cause we'll be out of the forest probably by Mon.
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 06-27-2004, 04:45 PM   #162
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Sorry about making that so short, but I was in a sorta rush. Anyways, we're out, so we watch the sun set, go to sleep, and in the morning, continue the quest!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 06-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #163
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

I'll try to get a post in by today or tomorrow.

I just wanted to invite you all to play my new game, opening on Wednesday the 30th. Farmer in the Dale is a Mortal game based in Dale during the reign of Smaug.

Thanks!
~Fëa
Old 06-27-2004, 08:37 PM   #164
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Kewl! BTW, I thought about doing farmer and the dale. It depends when it opens, cause i'm in 2 right now. Stupid 2 RPG rule
Old 06-27-2004, 09:31 PM   #165
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
I've got a bad cold and I'm going to be busy for the next few days, so I'm going to try and get a post in tonight.

Arwen, I'm going to definitely have a look at Farmer in the Dale. The name alone makes me want to go in it!

[EDIT] Got a post up.

Last edited by Mad Baggins; 06-27-2004 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:24 AM   #166
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

The game starts Wednesday, fyi.

Still working on a post...

~Fëa
Old 06-28-2004, 09:52 AM   #167
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
For any interested, here is the Discussion Thread for ArwenB's game.

~*~ Pio
Old 06-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #168
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Ive just got up a post... Just to let you lot know, im going on holiday for a week this friday and there is no chance that i'll be able to get hold of a computer to write a post in that time. Still, i plan to get another one up just before i go.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:33 PM   #169
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Ah! Everyone is leaving! It's ok. I'll manage. I always do. Although it's getting harder and harder to manage when stuff like this happens, I will go on!
Old 06-28-2004, 04:41 PM   #170
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sorry Perky... I know. I'll ring my mom while on holiday, and tell her a post word for word and tell to put it up on the downs!! But that may prove difficult, considering i have precisely zero pence on my phone . O well, i'll try to figure something out.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:52 AM   #171
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

I've put up a save for a post. Will be filled ASAP.

~Fëa
Old 07-01-2004, 04:47 PM   #172
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Everyone, just to let you know, you're not gonna hear from me every minute. I am going out of town today for medical reasons, and will be back at my computer in about a week. However, this does not mean I'm ditching you! I will still have access to the Downs and check it regularry. Right now, I'm in MSY Airport on a public computer typing this to you. I will still check regularry, as I have a computer with me, and will have access to them I'm just letting you know so if I don't answer in a day, know I will answer the next. sorry for the inconvience, keep on playing! By next week, we'll be fighting in Amon Sul.

Sorry for the inconvience,

perky
Old 07-01-2004, 05:20 PM   #173
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
It's all right, Perky. Just hope you get better if you're ailing!
Old 07-01-2004, 05:45 PM   #174
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

We'll miss you Perky!

Don't worry- we'll carry on without you... for now.

~Fëa

Everyone, don't forget my game!
Old 07-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #175
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Actually, it's not me. It's a realitive. Anyways, although I can't check as often as I do, I will check when I can. While I'm gone, Pio has come mischif for you! Have fun

Perky
Old 07-04-2004, 01:35 AM   #176
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

*Sigh*

I will be, unfortunatly, going on vacation for the next two-three weeks. For the first half, until the 13th, I will have sporadic usage of internet and will post when I can. But after that dreaded date, I will not see sight or sound of computer as I will be in the middle of the wilderness, avoiding trolls myself.

See the link on my sig if you are in any way interested in the details.

So, while I trust that you will not kill Elrohir off (tee-hee that's the good of playing a canon character), please feel free to use him to your discretion, especially astarielle, being the owner of Elrohir's twin and all.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:53 PM   #177
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
...exactly HOW long has it been since I've last posted on BD... meep.

Anyhow, I'm putting in a save, and filling it... well... I'l just putting it there so I can put a post in! Been a bit too long since I've posted, I think...

AB, I was going to join, it looked very interesting, but I am going to be away far too often during that time to handle all the RPs that I'm in presently... not here, but elsewhere.

-Eowyn Skywalker

EDIT: Save filled, and I'm in shock at how well you imitate my character...

Last edited by Eowyn Skywalker; 07-04-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:26 PM   #178
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

PLEASE NOTE IT IS NOW DAWN, THE NIGHT HAS PASSED

The Perky Ent has requested I set up a little scene to occupy the Rangers and Elves until the time TPE gets back. So:

There are six Dunlendings with no love lost between them and the Rangers. They are on their way to Breeland from their ‘horse-foraging’ in Rohan. The Rangers and Elves are nothing more than obstacles to them and they will gladly kill them all for sport.

Two of the group will spy on the Rangers/Elves as Arathorn’s group heads west on the Great East-West Road toward The Last Bridge, while the other four Dunlendings are going ahead to prepare an ambush just before the last bridge.

They will attack you there . . . this is your opportunity to obtain horses for your group.

It will take your group on foot about three days to reach the Last Bridge. I won’t have time for the attack until Wednesday (four days from now). Can you march the troops along until then?

I’ll have the Dunlendings harass the group a bit as you go along . . . send in their large hunting dogs . . . etc.

Sound ok?

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-08-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:09 PM   #179
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Dibs on a horse!
Old 07-04-2004, 03:47 PM   #180
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

With any luck - all of you should have a horse!

Now - can someone please rouse the others and get yourselves started west down the road?

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 07-06-2004, 04:59 AM   #181
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Well now Owacyn and Arathorn are alert to the dunlending presence...sorry about the shortness of my post...I wanted to get one up though, and I suppose it was better than nothing in the time I had...
Old 07-08-2004, 09:22 PM   #182
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Alrighty. Both this and my post are rather small, sorry. I'm in an internet cafe, and my time is running low. I'll be back on Saturday night, and I'll either edit my last post or do another, depending on where you guys go between now and then.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:36 PM   #183
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I also posted this on the game -

Before the misunderstanding about the timeline for the game goes any farther:

Please read my game posts about the Dunlendings and your group of Rangers and Elves. And also my posts on the Discussion thread. And read Madd Baggins recent post also.

Arathorn and his rangers are not just awakening - they are already up, they've eaten breakfast, and they've started down the road. Mad Baggins' character, Beroth, is singing as he walks along.

The Dunlendings are only watching them at the moment - they will not attack until you are near the Ford in the river at The Last Bridge (over the River Mitheithel or Hoarwell in common speech). The dog has been silenced. It was only to make the group wary - it does not herald an attack.

Can someone please get your group about 2 more days down the road and near the Bridge - then the Dunlendings will attack.

~*~ Pio
Old 07-10-2004, 05:29 AM   #184
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
I've moved the group on a bit, its now nightfall. "Houston....we have a problem" I'm away on an expedition thingy up near the Scottish borders, i'll be back friday. HOwever, my mum has just decided that we'll go away the day after i get back to France. I may be able to get a post up friday night (GMT), if not then either saturday the 24th or the 25th. sorry guys but it cant be helped.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:52 AM   #185
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alas, alas! Today I take my leave for six weeks! Good luck in the game and have a good time, everyone!
Old 07-10-2004, 12:40 PM   #186
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420! The Battle is on!

The two groups are now engaged in battle just before the bridge that crosses the River Hoarwell.

6 Dunlendings on horse and 4 of their great hunting dogs.

Will Witfoot's character, Eldin, has suffered a blow to his left shoulder and has been set on by one of the dogs.

Have fun killing and maiming - just remember to get the horses for the rest of the trip!

~*~ Pio
Old 07-11-2004, 03:16 PM   #187
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Everyone - I'm back! I just took a 5:10 fight, and am a little tired, so please bear with me as I try to catch up. I'll get to posting ASAP. Also, I would like to give a big round of applause to Pio! Pio, you really made things a lot easier. Thanks a bundle!

-Perky
Old 07-13-2004, 08:27 PM   #188
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Everyone - The fight ends tomorrow. It's first come, first serve. But If you can, don't kill them all at once, unless you give the credit to others.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:43 PM   #189
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree Messages for Hama

Hama:

1 The battle rests on you confronting Ulfang. As soon as you post that, we can move on, which we need to.

2 In your post, I believe you injure Ulfang's horse. We can't bear extra riders, and unless there's a miracle and the horse recovers, you'll either have to walk, or ride double, which doesn't work. So please, edit your post and find another way to get Ulfang without hurting his horse, because the horse you save, could be yours

Just moving things along,

Perky
Old 07-15-2004, 01:10 AM   #190
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ugg... more battles... heh. *rolls eyes* Sorry about not posting... I've been rather busy, and will continue to be so... I'm going to get a post up now, however. Oh well, at least this post will be at the end of the battle here, I'm tired of posting killing things off.. I've been doing a lot of that in my other RPs.

*hops away to post* Hey, aren't there seven of us rangers, and merely six horses? Who gets to walk, ehh?

-Eowyn Skywalker
Old 07-15-2004, 01:18 AM   #191
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

There are 6 Dunlendings on horse - but they have a number of other horses with them - "borrowed" from the Riddermark. They were on their way to Bree to sell the horses.

So there are plenty of horses to go round . . . you can let the others go free or take them with you as pack horses.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:23 AM   #192
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Oh, cool... that means we all get horses... now this should go faster!

Posted... short, but makes the point that I'm... err... Hanindur is still there!

-Eowyn Skywalker
Old 07-15-2004, 04:32 PM   #193
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Oh are there? Ok, nevermind then. But I bet the ones that are ridden are better trained. That would be a funny quirk, having your horse constantly ignore you, Hama. BTW, what happened to your old avatar Eowyn? I liked it? But, it's your choice!

Edit: This is my 1,200th post! Blazaa!

Ps. Blazaa is a sorta warcry I made up while at camp, so excuse me it you have a problem with it!

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 07-15-2004 at 04:34 PM. Reason: 1,200th Post!!!
Old 07-17-2004, 08:07 AM   #194
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Hama - Check your PM's
Old 07-18-2004, 04:38 AM   #195
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
I'm sorry, and I'll definitely try to have a post up by the end of today. I'll then be going away for a few days, feel free to use Owacyn however you want, but don't kill him off...

As Pio said, there are extra horses 'borrowed' from the riddermark, so as long as there are two or more 'borrowed' horses, Owacyn can ride...
Old 07-18-2004, 10:47 AM   #196
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Will do Hama. Btw everyone, I'm going out of town today, which really is a bummer, as my B-day is tomorrow. Anyways, unlike the last time I went out of town, I will have full computer access and will have no problem posting or checking up on things. Just letting you know.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:34 PM   #197
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Game is over 8/10! That's a little over two weeks. We really need to wrap this up. There is now a question you all need to ask yourselves. Do you want to kill your character. The only two that have to live are Elladan and Elrohir. Everyone else can die if they want. They'll be fighting about 2,000 orcs and a fell beast, so you deside. If you are out of town and can't answer, I'll choose for you. Just sayin now, cause the game's almost over.

Here's how Angmar will work: 1) We break down the gate
2) We get split up in darkness. Elves go up. Men go down. Elves find dead bodies. Men find orcs.
3)Men retreat up (unless someone wants to die and make a brave stand and heroically die) and run out of Angmar.
4) Seeing the army and the fell beast, the elves jump on the fell beast and over come it.
5) Arathorn will make a stand to let Elladan and Elrohir (and others who want to live, if any) run away on their horses. Arathorn will hand them a letter, and run at the orcs. An arrow will hit him in the eye, and he'll die.
6) After everyone who can has posted their final post, I'll post the letter Arathorn gave to the twins, telling Elrond to take care of Aragorn.

That's about it! Let's get to it!
Old 07-20-2004, 01:57 PM   #198
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Appologies!

Sorry i havn't posted for ages. A few weeks back the power source on my computer decided to give in and it needed to go in for repair, and theresfore i wasnt able to post before i went on holiday, and still couldn't for at least a week when I got home. Anyway, im hoping to get a post up tomorrow, unless Paladirs been killed off (I havn't had a chance to read up on whats happened in the story since my computer broke).
Old 07-20-2004, 02:42 PM   #199
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

You're still in, we just haven't talked about you...at all. Anyways, right now posts should be about the crew getting some sleep before the battle. Good luck with that post!

- Perky
Old 07-22-2004, 12:28 PM   #200
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Well, those of you who remain, get a post up ASAP, because tomorrow, be open the gates!