The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2002, 11:18 PM   #41
Nilaraniel
Animated Skeleton

Nilaraniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nilaraniel Send a message via MSN to Nilaraniel Send a message via Yahoo to Nilaraniel
1420!

Funny things to me...<BR> <BR>When Sam says "Mr. Frodo!" I find myself saying that to people everyday...<BR> <BR>The first time I saw the movie, there was this annoying couple behind me. Whenever anybody said "Elvish" the man would go "Huhuh Elvis" I wanted to smack him! But at the end they were like "That's it?! All this and that's the end?!" I laughed at them. Some people...<P>I can't wait for Sam and Slinker/Stinker's hissy fits. Hehe! <P>Nilaraniel
Old 03-01-2002, 12:01 PM   #42
Mereth'iel
Pile O'Bones

Mereth'iel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Funniest lines to me:<P>Gimli: Nobody tosses a dwarf!! (hilarious delivery)<P>Gimli- Not the beard! (hilarious delivery, again)<P>Boromir: They have a cave troll! (delivered perfectly w/air of distressed surprise-what else is going to happen!?)
Mereth'iel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 08:40 PM   #43
Nilaraniel
Animated Skeleton

Nilaraniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nilaraniel Send a message via MSN to Nilaraniel Send a message via Yahoo to Nilaraniel
1420!

I realized I left out a funny part while I was watching LOTR again. <P>At the council, when Gimli says "And you have my axe" the look on Legolas' face is quite humorous. I don't think anybody mentioned that yet...<P>Nilaraniel
Old 03-03-2002, 11:04 AM   #44
Lady Galadriel
Pile O'Bones

Location: The beauty if the stars, smiling down upon the earth
Lady Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When I went the 3rd time we (me and my friends)met this boy from our school named Max at the movie and just at the overhead shot of the bridge, he goes "that bridge is not structurly sound" (cuatlmbo)
The beauty of the stars drifted through the last leaves of Lothlórien, glistening again in the mirror, and reflected by the Lady's tears. She knew that in her mind this land would remain, but nevermore in truth. For the first time the stars seemed cold and hard.
Lady Galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 01:10 PM   #45
Allafinwen

Silmaril

* no one tosses a dwarf (?!?!?!)<BR>* when the apple hits pippin on the head<BR>*legolas sticking his head outta the snow<BR>*elrond doing the saving frodo bit<BR>*merry kicking boromir<BR>*gandalf sitting on them rocks with his hair tied up!!!!<BR>*the dodgy goblin thinig strangling the poor orc !!! that was funny<P>my friend (ex) laughed when gandalf was lost in the mines of moria! and she sed hobbiton looked like teletubby land! and she laughed when me and my friend fizz cried when boromir died! shes so harsh! im not talking to her now!
Old 03-03-2002, 01:21 PM   #46
Starbreeze
Ghost of a Smile

Starbreeze has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Starbreeze
Silmaril

A lot of people will disagree with me but:<P>Elrond all the way through<BR>Arwen's "If you want him, come and claim him"<BR>The orc's faces<BR>The orc's eyes<BR>everyone else in the audience's shock when:<BR> the black rider jumps out from behind the tree<BR> Boromir first gets shot<P>There, I bet i made some enemies there but oh well.

To write is to make dreams, to make dreams is to awaken the fantasy of the mind, to awaken the mind is to be a master.
Starbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 01:24 PM   #47
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

im making a book of quotes, and i hav got quite a few of the movie ones in as well, but if ne1 has ne other good ones from or not from lotr, i may or may not hav them...thanx alot, and i agree, "no one tosses a dwarf was unneeded!<BR>hey can u organise polls in this place?sum1 shud organise a best quote poll!lol get bak 2 me on that 1<BR>lol<BR>pellafeniel <A HREF="mailto:null[/EMAIL]smallville_kicksass@hotmail.com">null[EMAIL]smallville_kicksass@hotmail.com</A><p>[ March 03, 2002: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 03-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #48
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Allafinwen, is ure friend fizz called felicity hall?<BR>lol<BR>pellafeniel<BR>ps. sorry if this seems a bit of a bizarre que.....
Old 03-06-2002, 03:25 PM   #49
Ringfenwen
Pile O'Bones

Ringfenwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It was great when Gandalf said that if in doubt always follow your nose, because at that point my cousin leaned over and said to me<BR>"So basically don't go into your brothers room on pain of death."<BR>I loved that.<P>Also when Galadriel turned green, she looked like she'd just eaten an electric frog<P>When Gandalf banged his head on the beam in Bag End<P>When the gatesman at Brie got squished under the door, I guess I'm a little sadistic<P>When I saw the cave troll, he's the splitting image of my brother<P>When Saruman was trying to bring the mountain down on the fellowship, when he started yelling I couldn't help thinking what a great baritone he'd make, he could make a career of that if acting ever fell through for him. <P>When Legolas shot the orc while on the steps in the mines of Moria, the look on that orcs face was priceless<P>When Sam Merry and Pippin burst in on Aragorn + Frodo, and Sam yells something like "I'll 'ave you longshanks", Aragorn looked as if he was going to have hysterics on the spot.<P>Also all the bits that have already been mentioned and a couple more I can't think of right now.<BR>
Old 03-06-2002, 10:52 PM   #50
cmagica

Silmaril

my favourite's are all the one's with merry and pippin.They were so funny.lol