Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2002, 12:55 AM   #81
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

"What have we to gain from killing this fat innkeeper, I say we let him be so he can keep our ale fresh when we return," laughed Ozracles. He moved toward Himelilek as she looked at him quizzically and then laughed aloud.

"He's right," she said. But Thoronduin looked skeptical and she addressed him, "Well, fearless leader, what are we going to do, now that you have what you need. We strong and able vandals ready for some loot and plunder."

"Har Har, that's what I like to hear," guffawed Ozracles finsihing the last of the strange food he was handed. It was strangely filling as well.

"Well, allright," said Thoroduin... "gather up close and I will tell ye."

Ooc - Susan, let's go raid somebody's house or something, please.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:30 AM   #82
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Giving Himelielek a scowl, Thorondruin stalked to the door, brushing the uppity Elf out of his way. She started to object, but he looked her full in the face and she stepped back without saying a word. Thorondruin took out his dagger and pressed it against Remdil's quivering throat. "I'm not going to kill you," He said in a deadly quiet voice, "I'm going to let you run along home to your ale cup. But if I ever see you again, you'll not live another hour. Understand?" Remdil nodded as much as he could without cutting his own throat. Without taking his eyes off the other man, Thorondruin reached over with his free hand and unlocked the door. Before he let Remdil go, he gave him a deep slice down his right cheek "as a reminder", then shoved him out the door into the diminishing rain.

He turned around to face the rest of the room and found everyone staring at him. "Now," he said "There's a trade caravan coming along the road near here tomorrow. We are going to rob it. We are not going to kill the traders unless absolutely necessary. We will then return here. Undertsand?" Everyone nodded, though Ullea and Dineniel looked disgusted.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:52 AM   #83
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

"Oh, I know many things. And what I don't know, I make my business to know." replied
Amanalkarion, hardly blinking. Ollea was just the tiniest bit creeped out. Amanalk turned to Khelek.
I look after myself only...that man is not my concern.
>where i live there is a strike so i have the day off school yay!<
Old 07-17-2002, 01:59 AM   #84
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

<<Please pay attention to the action. If this requires that you stop your private discussion, so be it. Thank you. Not trying to be rude, trying to focus RPG.>>
Old 07-17-2002, 02:09 AM   #85
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

The white puppy slunk after Khelek, feeling miserable. He did not understand why the other dog <OOC aside: Remember, this is a town dog who's never met anyone but other town dogs, so that's what he thinks Khelek is. End of Aside> would reject him so cruelly. He could smell that the other dog had no pack, and the puppy couldn't imagine life without a pack; all he could think of to do was follow the dog around in the hopes that he might finally be accepted.

[ July 17, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-17-2002, 08:19 AM   #86
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

tangerine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<I finally got my rank back up so that its not newly deceased anymore. That was bugging me.>

Ollea was worried. Her origins were secret to all but these very closest to her, and They dwelt either in Rivendell or Eregion. How could this Amanalkarion figure it out so quickly? She thought of some possibilities, but none of them were comforting.

At least the man had gotten away with his life, that was good. But robbing a trade caravan? She had never even given it thought that they would be needing to do such a this; she had gone along thinking that this was more of a quest, a straight path to steal a Silmaril. What was the purpose of such a barbarian act, other than to draw attention to oneself? She had half a mind to slip away in the midst of the robbery. But no. Himelilek and Amanalkarion were here; it might be difficult for her to make a clean break without having a good reason for it if she had to deal with any of them later on.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:36 AM   #87
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"Har!" grunted the barbarian, "Robbing a trade caravan is mere child's play, Thorondruin."

"Well, it's time be separated the men from the boys," grinned the tall lanky man.

"Aye," agreed Ozracles, helfting his battleaxe, "After I have gutted the few who guard the caravan, I will leave you to do the pickings."

"Don't damage their heads, dear Ozracles," purred Himelilek, "After all you need the ears and I the gums, either of which are so hard to get from smashed skulls."

"I intend to hew their nodding heads right off," the Barbarian yelled, swinging his heavy axe and splitting an empty keg into two.

"Allright," said Thorondruin, "We take the trade cart, sell their wares in the black markets and get ourselves better weapons and armour."

"Armour is for weaklings," sneered Ozracles.

'Shut up, fool! hissed Thorondruin, "Taking a Silmaril will be quite a task I wager."

"Grraahh!" roared the barbarian and walked off with Himelilek feigning fear and making a face at him as he did so.

Ooc - Thorodruin should have a clash with Ozracles about the killing issue, because a barbarian revels in bloodshed. I think a crazy elf like Himelilek should also enjoy watching eyes roll in lopped off heads. Boy, when I get into character, I get into character. Grraaahhh!

[ July 17, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 07-17-2002, 09:34 AM   #88
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The elf's smile broadened as she listened to the Barbarian grumbled about killing and all the gorish details that her delicate ears could hear. "We'll get our turns, Ozracles." she said in a low, clear voice.

Ozracles turned and grinned, "I hope so."
Old 07-17-2002, 10:43 AM   #89
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

((OOC Okay, okay fine. I'll take the little doggy!))

Khelek's ears twitched, listening to the gruesome converstaion in the cabin. The puppy had wandered over, and the wolf was now cleaning it, licking the dirt off. Life without a pack had become part of the wolf as he wandered alone, sending messages between different parties, or scouting out the land.

"What are you going to do about that trade caravan?" the wolf asked Ollea, who seemed hesitant about the idea. Amanalkarion didn't show any response whatsoever to the slaughter.

"Men," the wolf said, disgusted.
"I can block off the trade caravan, perhaps, depending on how large the party is. I can make them go around quite a ways so they won't pass by, and reach the end in a different direction. I have friends in the Wild that might help me."

[ July 17, 2002: Message edited by: GreatWarg ]
Old 07-17-2002, 11:06 AM   #90
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rastus sat on the end of the second wagon of the caravans carrying glass beads, trying to avoid the switch of the merchant's son, who seemed to think it was funny when he flicked Rastus at the back of the neck, or at his ankles especially when he was sleeping.

The caravans grinded to a halt.

"Prepare the midday meal" the merchant Jonas ordered imperiously. He was already in a bad mood because they were already a week late in their travels and the bribes needed to enter cities had risen this season. The sudden downpour of rain hadn't helped his temper either. Jonas gave Rastus a cuff on the back of the head, as the boy scurried off to help prepare the meal for the five drivers, the twelve man guard that had been hired, and of course Jonas and his son. If there was any left, he and the cook, a large harmless woman, would eat - in the frantically hurried way that people eat when they know any dawdling will be seen as a sign of laziness and punished.

He sighed. The store of dry wood they carried was low. They had intended to collect more as they passed the border of the forest, but with this sudden rain...

Personally, Rastus was puzzled. He had seens the skies this morning and the shifting winds, but none of them had told him that rain was coming. But he stopped his thoughts. It did no good to think. You only got punished.

Under the damp canvas he set up, Rastus started a miserable fire with the remaining wood.

[ July 17, 2002: Message edited by: Kettle of fish ]
Old 07-17-2002, 07:55 PM   #91
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

As Ozracles and Hinelilek walked away, Thorondruin drew his dagger and threw it at the wall. It passed close between them and they turned to look at him, annoyance on their faces. "Look," he said, "That Silmaril will be very well guarded and we need money. I happen to know that this caravan is rich, and not well guarded. But if we kill the caravaneers...." He trailed off in thought. Ozracles turned away in disgust, muttering things under his breath. Thorondruin walked over to retrieve his dagger and tossed it idly between his hands, staring at Ozracles. Ozracles stared back insolently and Himelilek looked like she wanted to laugh, but didn't. Thorondruin sighed and pointed his dagger at Ozracles' chest. "You're right, Elf. This time. If we don't kill them, they'll run to town and everyone will be after us. But if you question my orders again, I'll kill you." He snapped his dagger back into its scabbard and stalked outside.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:09 PM   #92
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

That anticipation bubbled in her mind and she seemed almost beside herself with glee. Pulling the chain and dagger from her belt she looked at the pale Ollae who seemed to be pulled between the currents. "If you want to stay behind, Firestorm...you may guard our backs. I know how it makes you squirmish to kill even a mouse if you starved." Himelilek said slowly, unconcernedly looking at her fingernails, admiring them.

"It is alright." Snapped Firestorm, her mouth pulled in a tight line and her jaw set defiantly. "I am perfectly fine."

"Maybe you have abandoned your screaming conscience for the glee of the hunt?" She purred venomously.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:49 PM   #93
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ollea's calm fell almost visibly from her; her entire composure now held a deadly air. Himelelik had seen her fight once, and knew that her precious Pedulam would never reach less than a foot away from Ollea; yet she now mocked her- no,laughedat her-for not having te stomach for battle.
Now she actally smiled, slowly and deliberately reaching for the hilt of her sword, unsheathing it just enough for Himelelik to see a flash of blue travel up to the hilt and disappear. "Squeamish, am I now? How easily you forget." She took a step forward, watching the leer on Himelelik's face falter. "Poor, poor Himelelik. How easily you forget." Her eyes flickered.
Turning away, Ollea sent a message out to the wolf.I really hope you reach that caravan in time.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:07 PM   #94
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek's tail twitched. So Ollea did care.

"Feel up to a journey, young one?" the wolf asked, looking down at the pup. The pup looked back, "Yes." The wolf darted away into the shadows with the pup keeping up the steady pace.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:17 AM   #95
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ozracles roughly pushed the tall, lanky man and held him against the wall, "Question your orders?" he snarled, bringing the axe head close to Thorondruin's pale face, "And who are you to order me?"

"Don't forget," hissed Thorondruin, pushing the huge barabrian away, "I lead this band, and these elves here listen only to me, if you wish to challenge me do so at your own risk."

Ozracles lowered his weapon and glared at the man as he swaggered away. He was right, thought Ozracles, these elves would never listen to him, besides he couldn't take on an entire trade caravan on his own. This idea seemed fine for now, after the Silmaril has been taken, it would be every man for himself and then Thorondruin would feel the wrath of this barbarian.

The tall, bald man rubbed his chin and guffawed, "Righto, Thor. You lead this rabble, we will do as you say...for now."

Himelilek laughed, she was looking forward to a clash between these two headstrong men.

Ooc - We kill everyone who is with the caravan...beware kettle o' fish.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:58 AM   #96
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

OOC Sorry, Cim, for some reason I thought Ozracles was an Elf...

Thorondruin shook his shoulders to straighten his tunic. He'd have to keep an eye on this barbarian; he was dangerous. He wondered what would happen if they actually succeeded in stealing the Silmaril...He shook his head. It was too soon to think about right now. He gave the room a last look before saying, "All right. It's near midnight now. Everyone in the caravan should be asleep and easy to surprise." He gave Ozracles a challenging look. "Unless *you* think it isn't sporting enough to kill sleeping people?"
Old 07-18-2002, 02:26 AM   #97
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ooc - I thought you addressed Himel, Susan.

"A sport, indeed, killing is," grunted the barbarian. "I enjoy the look of fear one has before I have struck the mortal blow."

Thorondruin spat and shook his head but said nothing. If things went wrong, each one was expected to make his own getaway.

Ozracles walked over to Himelilek, smiling smugly he caressed her hair and took a sniff, "What else do you like of a Barbarian apart from their gums," he whispered slyly.

The elf raised an eyebrow, stepped aside and casually flipped the large man over her shoulders, laughing as he landed hard on his back.

"Oh, their ability to keep putting their big feet into their bigger mouths," she said and shimmied away.

Ozracles sat up and glared at everyone, scowled and walked outside, kicking a barstool as he did.

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 07-18-2002, 08:24 AM   #98
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

Amanalkarion watched the argument with a smile. Sure, he could do something, but why should he?
He stuck two fingers in his mouth and immediatly took them out. Yuck...wolf hairs. He wiped them, then whistled for his horse. It came, a purple mare with silver eyes. Amanalk carressed it, then walked over to the men, and Ollea.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:23 AM   #99
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

"I didn't tell you to eat my fur, thank you very much," Khelek retorted, hearing the Amanalkarion's thoughts. "And my fur is fine. Other than being wet." The wolf grinned slightly and ran on. The pup trotted labouriously, but slightly behind and panting hard. "That trade caravan is still quite some distance away, but we'll make it before the rogues do," Khelek reported to Ollea and Amanalkarion. Nearing enough for the trade caravan to hear, the wolf paused for a moment and howled.

Almost immediately, the watch sounded an alarm. Echoing howls made it sound like a pack was surrounding the camp. The fire was lit in a blaze, and the guards started combing the area.

"Not what I wanted to happen," the wolf commented, watching. Finding no sign of wolves, the caravaners were on the look-out.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:24 PM   #100
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ollea watched Amanalkarion's actions out of the corner of her eye. What was he doing? He made her feel very unsettled, and she didn't like it. The others did not bother her nearly as much in all their bloodthirstiness altogether as this quiet menace did. And was that a purple horse? Her disquiet would show soon if she did not get a handle on the situation.
Turning to the others, she snapped "Enough with this foolishness. You are acting like spoiled children." She was getting a headache and these...bandits..were not helping matters.

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: tangerine ]
Old 07-18-2002, 07:47 PM   #101
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Sting

"Foolishness indeed!" Thorondruin exclaimed. "Why are we all standing around in here? Dineniel, we need horses. Go back to the inn yard and get us five." He condidered Amanalkarion's purple beast for a moment with disgust. "No, get six. No knowing when we'll need a spare. I'll show you where to meet us after we're done with the caravan."
He led the others outside in the direction of the caravan camp. A wolf's howl could be heard in the distance. "That reminds me. Ozracles, do something about that wolf. It's unnatural fo it to be following us around like it has."
Ozracles nodded grimly, for once in aggreement with the other man, and started off in the direction of the howling, then paused and looked back suspiciously.
"Trying to make me miss the slaughter, were you? Well it won't work," and he rejoined the rest of the group.
Thorondruin gave him a look of disgust and annoyance. "I don't care if you join the 'slaughter' or not, as long as that wolf is done away with." Ozracles muttered something unitelligible.

Suddenly, shouting was heard to the right. Himelilek had startled one of the caravan guards and was holding the point of her Pendulum against his throat. As the others ran up, she thrust the knife into his throat, killing him.
"That shouldn't have happened," Thorndruin said, angry, and the others responded with varying levels of enthusiam for the killing. Ozracles was especially incenced.
"What do you mean it shouldn't have happened? She shouldn't have killed him? Is that what you're saying?" He had shoved his face into Thorondruin's and grabbed him by the collar. Thorondruin grabbed his wrist and pulled back, releasing himself. He continued to pull until Ozracles looked ready to snap.
"No, fool. We're a mile yet from the camp. Why, do you suppose, there is a guard here, a mile from his post?"
The barbarian refused to answer, only growled and gnashed his teeth.
"That's right, they've been alerted. Now I wonder who could have done that?"
Ozracles' rage turned to shock. "Are you accusing-" But at that moment, Thorondruin releaased him and drew his dagger against Ollea, who had panicked at the thought of being discovered and drawn her sword. But before Thorondruin could do anything, a large, furry shape hurdeled out of the bushes and landed on his back, knocking him to the ground. He thrust the dagger which had been pointed at Ollea behind him and felt it sink into something soft and warm. He threw it off his back and turned around to discover a large and angry wolf, injured but still alive, crouching on the ground, snarling. The gang drew around it in a circle and stared at it. Ozracles, however, knew what had to be done. He drew his sword, saying, "Well, this is one wolf that won't be doing any more spying."
Old 07-18-2002, 07:59 PM   #102
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

((OOC um... that's not exactly what I had in midn to do... I don't think wolves are that stupid to commit suicide...))

Khelek snarled again, ears flat against his head, his white fur standing on edge. his tail twitched and he dodged Ozracles' sword and bit into flesh, tearing his arm to shreds, then leaping nimbly to the side.

"You will have to be much quicker than that," the wolf sneered, dodging another blow. For a moment, Ozracles seemed confused, then shocked as realization dawned on him. The wolf was talking to him, therefore someone had alerted it that they were going to raid the caravan! Thorondruin realized that too, and turned on Ollea.

"You!" he snarled, raising his dagger again. But at that moment, the wolf had turned aside again, and Ozracles stumbled and crashed into the man.

"Run!" Khelek urged, nudging Ollea towards the deepest part of the woods.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:24 PM   #103
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

OOC He was trying to protect Ollea. Sometimes people don't pause for thought in these situations.

Thorondruin saw the bigger man coming and nimbly dodged aside in time to avoid falling. He threw his dagger at the fleeing Elf and struck her in the back of her right knee. She fell with a scream of pain and tried to turn over to face her attacker, but the pain was too great at first. Throndruin ran over to her with Ozracles in close pursuit, but the wolf was standing over her, growling and protecting her. Since it was obviously a sentient wolf, Thorondruin decided to try talking to it. "Look, beast, I'm not going to kill her, I only want to ask her some questions." While he spoke, he crept closer, but the wolf would have none of it.
Stay back, Man. I know your kind. You'll kill her after you question her.
Thorondruin shook his head. "No, beast, I'll only send her back to her people. I don't care where she is, here or in the Halls of Mandos, as long as she's not here to spy on me." He could see Himelilek creeping up behind the wolf, sword drawn, but he shook his head at her. She looked disappoited, but stopped her approach. Khelek, who had also been aware of the Elf's approach relaxed marginally, although he cold only account for four members of the group, when he'd been sure there were six before...where were the horse thief and the one who shot fireballs?
Old 07-18-2002, 09:22 PM   #104
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ollea heaved herself on to her back, into a painful sitting position. Grimacing, she closed her fingers over the hilt of the blade protruding from her leg and pulled with all her strength, nearing fainting from the pain as it slid out.
The man was lying, she could hear the lie in his voice. He was only trying to press for time while he assesed his situation. Her sword lay inches from her hand. Thorndruin saw where she was looking and kicked it away, sneering. "We'll have none of that now, spy."
Before Thorndruin's eyes had registered movement his own blade sank its burning steel claw into his shoulder. Another dagger from her belt was drawn, and Ollea used her other hand to painfully raise herself to her feet, supporting herself against a tree and on her uninjured leg. Her cover was blown. If he wanted a fight, then she would show him one. Ollea's eyes burned blue fire. She silently called to her horse that had been hiding in the forest, but it would take him a few minutes to reach this place. She remained silent, getting ready for the eminent onslaught.
But where were the others? Dineniel was getting horses, but where was the other? Though not knowing bothered her still, it was not a priorty. Staying alive for the next few minutes was.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:19 PM   #105
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

"Himelilek, Ozracles, help me! Watch the wolf!" Throndruin shouted as he ran toward Ollea. She tried to run back, away from him, but with only one good leg she fell onto her back with another cry of pain. Thorondruin leapt and straddled her belly as she struggled to rise. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the other two struggling with the wolf, but he had no attention to spare for them. They could handle it. He pulled the dagger from his shoulder with a wince and sheathed it. He heard hoofbeats coming from the forest. He remembered she had a horse back at the inn; she must have called it. Well, it had come too late. He leaned forward and held her arms down so she couldn't hit him any more and hissed, "Stop! I'll kill you if you don't!"
"You're lying!" she cried back, "You'll kill me no matter what I do!"
"I could have killed you before now, if I'd wanted to, but I haven't! I only want to know why you were spying on me."
Frantically, Ollea looked around for help. Khelek was still occupied with Himeleilek and Ozracles, but her horse was standing at the edge of the clearing, watching the action. Get this Man off me! She shouted silently to it. Kick him in the head!
Thorondruin noticed where her attention was directed and saw the horse just in time to scramble out of the way. She grabbed a piece of its harness and scrambled up as it ran into the woods. Khelek saw this and managed to extricate himself from the fight and run after her. The other two seemed inclined to follow, but Thorondruin stopped them. It just wasn't worth it. He flexed his shoulder experimentally. It wasn't as bad as it had seemed at first.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:08 AM   #106
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Himelilek grabbed the rabid wolf's tail and swung it around her head like she would her pendulum and slammed it hard on the floor, her elvish strength amazed the barbarian whose left arm bore minor scars where the wolf had gnawed on his steel hard skin. Hefting his mighty battle axe in his right hand he brought it down with tremendous force severing the wolf's head from it's mangy body. Himelilek laughed and flung the headless carcass at the spying elf chick, it's blackend blood spewing all over her.

Ozracles picked up the severed head and threw it high into the air, as it came down he swung his axe again splitting the head in to two. Blood, brains and mucus sprayed all over the slain caravan guard.

"Well, that takes care of the pestilence, let us make the most of this oppoertunity and kill all the fattened merchants." howled the barbarian.

Thorondruin, Himelilek and Ozracles ran howling toward the frightened caravaneers who were deluded into a false security by the wolf and his cohorts. Not a single one was spared, the three rogues covered with blood and sweat, quickly gathered most of the valuables and hurriedly mounted the caravan's horses and set off to toward the inn.

Ooc - We came, we saw, we killed off the nuisances and we looted the caravan. Anyone standing in our way gets run over.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:32 AM   #107
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Singing and laughing cheerilly, the three marauders entered the inn to the stares of everyone present. They looked around at the room and at each other and started laughing again when they saw how covered in gore they were. They went up to the bar and ordered ales, and frightened the serving wench so much she had to go get her father to serve them, and her father was none other than Remdil, the fat innman Thorondruin had chased away so recently. Remdil tried to run away, but Thorondruin, now cheerfully drunk, would have noone of it and insisted that he join them at their table. Too frightened to disobey, Remdil sat and drank with them, and presently was as drunk as any in the room.
"Well, Thor, where to now, tomorrow?" Ozracles asked thickly.
Thorondruin grinned and slapped Himelilek on the back. "Tomorrow, we three are going to Ossi...un. That elf place. With Himi's help. You see," he added in an aside to Ozracles, "She's the only one who knows where we're going."
Ozracles grunted a response into his ale cup and took another drink.
"Where?" Remdil asked to no one in particular.
"Where what?"
Where are we...you....going?"
"He told you already, we're going to Ossiariand...we're going to steal the Silmaril from Beren and Luthien. And Himi knows where it is!" Ozracles came as close to a giggle as any barbarian ever did.
"He didn't tell me," Remdil muttered under his breath.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:33 AM   #108
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rastus lay on the ground, watching with strange detachment as his blood oozed into his clothing. He realised with strange surprise that he was dying. There comes a clarity before death, and this is what he saw. His eyes, burning in a face white as he began to go into shock, registered towering figures - four or five. And as he succumbed at last to the dark pull, his eyes concentrated on the face of one of them, and a thin sound escaped his lips. "Father..."
Old 07-19-2002, 03:45 AM   #109
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The three rogues drank and sang the night away with the blood drying on their tunics and armour.

"A good night's work," cheered the bald barbarian, "Here's to tomorrow."

Himelilek now completely drunk, slurred, " Yeshh..hic... we will go to Ossi..sohee..hic..Ossi whats that plashe...and shteal the shillmaarill.. hic."

"Heh heh..a little too much for the elf," laughed Thorondruin.

"I say thus," said Ozracles, "We take Rimdal with us..or better yet his lovely daughter so he won't get ideas to help anyone who may be after us."

"Excellent Idea," said Thorondruin," We take his girl..ha ha!"

An ale guzzling Rimdal agreed heartily to that suggestion.

Ooc - The victors enjoy the spoils.
Old 07-19-2002, 04:05 AM   #110
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

<<<Hey, I'm in now!>>>

Kalia looked over across the dingy room at a table with drunken people, who obviously needed to shower ( [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ). No matter, she said to herself, finishing her drink and walking over to the bar for another. Just then, one of the people from the table of drunks came over. The reek of beer filled her nostrils and sickened her.

[ July 19, 2002: Message edited by: suicidal elf chick ]
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 07-19-2002, 08:15 AM   #111
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Amanalkarion watched the whole scene with a slight smile. He sensed Ollea's fear of him. He started when she was stabbed, but then relaxed.
But when the wolf was killed....right. That was it. If there was one thing he couldn't stand for, it was wof killing. His family had all had pet wolves, it was the family emblem. That was it.
He marched up to the one who had killed the wolf and tapped tem on the shoulder, with one hand clasped on the handle of his dagger.
"Excuse me..."
Old 07-19-2002, 10:49 AM   #112
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Ozracles only tried to brush away the fly that was bothering his shoulder, but Himelilek actually looked at it and saw the missing member of their group. She stumbled to her feet. "Hey!" she exclaimed, "You-whoa-can't come in here, Amak, you can't..you didn't help us kill the carvan, you don't get any of the treasure! Oours!" By this time she was waving her sword around drunkenly, endangering the lives of everyone at the table, including herself. Thorondruin stood up to attempt to restarin her, but couldn't get close to her. Ozracles solved the problem by knocking her feet out from under her. Throndruin quickly grabbed the sword and put it out of her reach.
He squinted blearily at Amanalkarion and said, "I really think you should just leave, we already got our loot." He nodded as if this statement solved the whole problem and returned to his seat.
Old 07-19-2002, 03:09 PM   #113
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

She hadn't felt like this in ages, but it felt good. The ale had gone completely to her head and that was rather dangerous for an elf, but she was rather careless anyways; and always had been since she was old enough to crawl out of her crib. "My mother always...hic....always said that...hic...trouble finds me...." She said slowly, remembering her mother and father, who she left in Avallone.

Happily she began to sing, swaying in her seat;
Ní bíad eigredd in cach dú;
ní bíad geimred gáethmar glé;
ní bíad iffern; Ní bíad brón;
ní bíad oman, minbad mé.

The men that sat around the table listened quietly to the elf as she sang, her voice low but sweet and not a note slipped, dispite her drunkeness. "What's that mean?" Grunted Orzacles.

"There would be no ice...in any place...there would be no glistening windy winter...there would be no hell...there would be no sorrow...there would be no fear...were it not for me..." She recited the poem in the common tongue, but it sounded less sweet and all the men lowered their eyes to their ale cups. "I heard it a long time ago...but it matters not where it comes from..." Her smile was warm and normal and it made Thorondruin startle, "It suits me doesn't it?"

With a wolfish grin of his own, Orzacles nodded, "I think so, and it suits you too." Her grin transformed, loosing its beauty as it turned into a leering grin, her white skin flushed scarlet as she reached over and roughly clapped the warrior on the shoulder. "Good!"

OOC. The song is called 'I am Eve' and I found it on the 'Midiæval Bæbes' CD called 'The Rose'. The song is Irish Gaelic but I find that Gaelic is a lyrical dialect that all elfish language is based off of.
Old 07-19-2002, 05:12 PM   #114
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

The grey horse set a fast pace, taking Ollea deep within the forest. Eventually they came to a stop. The wound in her leg was already closing, and she would be able to walk semi-comfortably within a few hours.
Something still felt wrong...her sword! it was still back there, she hadn't time nor mind enough to retrieve it. She couldn't very well leave it, it was her lifeline.
She turned the horse around. They were probably gone by now anyway. Nevertheless she unslung her bow.
She jumped down up reaching the clearing, wincing. At least they had left her sword alone. How strange, but lucky. She looked around cautiously, and gave a strangled cry when she happened upon the corpse of the white wolf. He was defending me, she thought. He had paid dearly for it. Just like there were planning to make that caravan pay...
The caravan! if they had got to Khelek, there would have been no one to warn them. was there anyone left? The thought of this was enough the make her feel ill, but she had to know.

Ooc: c'mon Cimm, the game's no fun if you have NO opposition...
Old 07-20-2002, 01:20 AM   #115
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ozracles scooped the light headed elf up on his massive arms and said, "It's time we put this one to bed, before she hurts her pretty little self."

The elf smiled and slurred,"My handshum bald barbarian..hic..will take care of me..hic."

"Heh heh..surely I will," leered the barbarian and to his surprise the abreviated Himelilek placed her arms around his thick neck and kissed him full on the lips. Ozracles, rather taken aback, smiled stupidly but before he could return the favour, the elf had already passed out.

Thorondruin grinned and said, "Tuck her into one of the beds upstairs... Remdil wouldn't mind. Would you, Rem?

The innkeeper shook his head, drunk and dazed he wouldn't disagree with anything.

Ozracles went ahead with his task and soon plodded down to the bar again, he was not going to let Thorondruin out of his sight now that they had such amounts of riches to devide amongst them, but greater treasures were yet to come.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:59 AM   #116
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

<glarg! I wrote a big long entry that didn't post. Let's see if I can recall it....>

By the time he'd had returned to the table, Thorondruin had also passed out and Remdil was doing little more than blinking dopely. Ozracles considered this scene carefully before shrugging and sitting down to another cup of ale.
The serving wench had finally noticed what was going on at their table and now she stalked up to it and shook Remdil roughly by the shoulder. "Father!" she exclaimed, "What are doing sitting here drinking? And with these ruffians! You're supposed to be on duty!" She hauled him up by the arm and beforre Ozracles could formulate a protest, she'd dragged him off to the back room of the inn.

<That'll have to do>
Old 07-20-2002, 02:36 AM   #117
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Deciding against another beer, Kalia walked out of the inn, bumping into someone. Who it was, she could not see, for it was dark. <<<Someone, bump into me!>>>
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 07-20-2002, 05:03 PM   #118
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Dinen came storming into the Inn, bumping into someone in the dimly lit entrance.She saw Thorondruin and Ozracles at the bar and swung up on a bar stool next to them.
"Sorry, I had a bit of trouble with a merchant deciding to flee into the forest whom I had to deal with." she ordered an ale and took a long sip. "He ran fast for someone with such a large size."
Both Thorondruin and Ozracles looked surprised and suspiscious.
"You were there? We assumed you had bailed on us."
"Never assume anything. I did as much as you did, if a bit...cleaner. If you can't see me, neither can they. And I haven't been a theif for eight years to get seen by a bunch of fat merchants." she snapped.

[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: Rosseiliantiel ]
Old 07-21-2002, 12:26 PM   #119
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Thorondruin had raised his head sleepily when Dinenliel sat down. He frowned a little, thinking Now, where'd that innman go?
He heard Dineniel's explanation for her absence, but was too sleepy and too drunk to figure how her story fit into his memories of the fight. Abruptly he stood (a little too fast; he fell back into his chair and tried again more carefully) and announced he was going to bed. Ozracles laughed and warned him to stay out of Himelilek's room. Thorondruin shrugged and walked away.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:46 AM   #120
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ozracles grabbed Dinenliel by the tunic and snarled into her face, "That's right.... where were you when we attacked those merchant caravaners, eh?"

Dinenliel turned her face away from the barbarian's ale drenched breath and spat, "You were too busy carving up wolf scum to notice anything else, barbarian."

"Really," slurred Ozracles, "And where is the fat merchant that you cailm to have given chase to? For we killed every one of those lap dogs..."

Dinenliel smiled, "My dear deluded degenerate, the one I chased can be found gutted and hung where I left him, unless the wild animals have anything to say about that."

"Hah! I wager that not a bone of him will be found where you claim to have left him, but never mind, there are other ways for you to win back favour in my trust." grinned the bald barbarian placing his hand on her slender waist.

Dineniel smiled sweetly and even though every fibre in her body longed to hack off that probing grasp, she knew that for now she had to play along. She grabbed his large paw and placed it upon her shoulder and then slipped her hand around his thick trunk of a waist and raised a mug of ale.

"To our endevour and that it may be a resounding success." she called out.

"Hear! Hear!" guffawed the barbarian raising his own flagon of the intoxicant.