Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2002, 01:53 PM   #121
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

LúthienTinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

Tinuiel bowed to the King and turned to follow Mornovarion from the throne room. Her face was deathly pale, and her eyes bespoke of dreaded doom. She clutched the cask of sleep filled water to her breast and wished that she could drink from it and let her doom pass by. But as her fingers tightened around the cask, so too her will hardened to her fate. She knew well she deserved the doom that had befallen her, and she would follow it until it had run its course, despite what evil it may wreak on her.

They were almost to the infirmary. The guards led Mornovarion to a private room, so that his anguished cries would haunt none but Tinuiel. The guards crossed the threshhold with Mornovarion's frail body between them. Tinuiel paused before the doorway for a moment and cast a glance behind her shoulder. It seemed to her that the long years of her life stretched behind her gleaming faintly, but when she turned to look inside the room, she saw only darkness. So this is my doom, she thought. I must willingly walk from light into darkness, with no hope of ever passing through into light again. Tinuiel hesitated no longer. She drew a deep breath and passed into the dim room. The guards looked at her with fear, for Tinuiel's face was already haunted and grim. She beckoned them leave her, and they quickly and gratefully obeyed.

The click of the door as it shut left Tinuiel alone with Mornovarion. He stood facing her. "Lie down," she said softly.
from dawn to dusk, from sun to sea.

http://www.thereandbackagain.net
Old 05-05-2002, 07:24 AM   #122
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The dark elf moved like a shadow through the woods. He did not need to keep his prey in sight. Man had never been a problem to Rûdhchamion when tracking, the trail could be three days old and he would still know which direction his prey was going. Even if he crossed streams or rivers, the dark elf would find him. He had followed the elves as they released the prisoner. Then he had kept well out of sight among the trees and foliage, keeping on the man's trail.

The man stopped ahead, perhaps to rest. Rûdhchamion was alert for any unexpected suprises.

This particular man had his undivided attention. Rûdhchamion, smiled coldly. Pity he could not extract the information he wanted, the way he would have wanted. He would honor the elvenking’s words... for now. The man known as Micanar would live, that is, until he would no longer be needed. If he crossed Rûdhchamion’s path later, hopefully during a fight perhaps... the dark elf would claim he killed the man in self defense.

He had sensed Anarya and Thranduil’s son, Legolas, behind him. They kept their distance. It mattered not to him, but he hoped the young elf maiden would be kept out of harm’s way. He was curious though, why the elven prince would come himself. At least, he thought grimly, a new life had been offered to Sauche. The dark elf doubted if he would ever have the same opportunity. He had long ago accepted his fate. He had given his oath upon the graves of his kin, unto death would he hunt their killers.

He waited for Micanar’s next move. The dark elf stayed as still as stone. He blended among the trees and thrushwood of the forest.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:54 AM   #123
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Mornovarion took the bottle that Tinuiel handed to him and sipped at it. Suddenly a feeling of immense tiredness took him and he fell into a deep sleep.
He opened his eyes, but he wasn't in a dark chamber but a village square, he recognised this place.
'Yes'Mornovarion thought 'This was the village where he had been brought up. What is to happen here'
In his dream he walked towards one of the houses, when there was a scream from behind him. He whirled around to see his father, an arrow through his stomach, stumble into the square and fall to the ground. More arrows fell from the sky as elves ran for cover or to get weaponary.
Orcs charged into the square and cut down everyone that stood in their way, Mornovarion felt rough hands grab him from behind and then everything went black.

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Old 05-06-2002, 09:30 AM   #124
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Rosa Baggins walked though the trees that covered that land before her and as she swung her pack back on her back again she tripped and fell face first into a mud puddle.
"Stupid twigs....stupid mirkwood.....stupid mud!" She murmured under her green hood.
The hobbit pulled herself up from the mud and stood up again pulling her pack on and stumbleing forward though the muddy bank on a small stream.
All Rosa wanted to do now was to sleep in a real bed and eat real food and have it at the normal times she had it in The Shire but all she loved about the shire she left behind.
The smell of the wild fowers, hugh fields, the sound of Farmer Maggotts dogs chasing after her........ ok maybe not that but she missed the feel of excitment buzz though her as she ran though his fields with arms loaded with carrots and other veg that she happened to swipe.
The days where long and the nights where short she hardly got any rest of fear of the enemy being near and killing her while she slept.
"Why did i want to go on this stupid journey
anyway."
She paused and thought about it and sighed.
"Aye.This is a sad time."
she whispered at if anyone was listening only an elf could hear her whisper.
Old 05-06-2002, 06:36 PM   #125
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Legolas crouched low to the ground, hardly breathing. Anarya sat beside him, her fingers nervously drumming her bow. Maybe it was the presence of the mortal that made her giddy with adrenaline, she did not know.

Legolas stopped her drumming with the palm of his hand upon her fingers and put a finger to his mouth to silence her nervousness.

Anarya obeyed the prince and looked out at Rudhchamion's dark figure, black against the grey of the trees. And in the near distance, another form stuck out obviously among the branches. She had never been that close to a mortal before. Suddenly, the human figure stirred, Rudhchamion with it, and Legolas rose slowly from his knees. In the moonlight though, something caught her eye that made Anarya jump, in the trees above her, the elf watched in horror as a large creature descended. Out from its grotesque, eight long vicious legs trailed, its fangs gleamed in the cold starlight. A giant spider...
Old 05-06-2002, 06:37 PM   #126
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Silmaril

Sauche didn't quite know what to do with herself. She knew she would grow restless on that land...she needed other elves, she needed adventure.

She remembered that Thranduil had advised her to go to the healers and so she followed them as they left the chamber. They greeted her kindly, with soothing voices, and bade her rest upon a couch so that they could serve her.

Sauche was tense, and reluctant to release her spear.

My spear! she thought. I have earned it surely! She had not given it back to the guard, who did not press his claim when he saw that Thranduil would rather she kept it.

But gradually, as one of the maidens lightly sang, playing upon her strings with elven grace, Sauche relinquished her spear to another gentle maid. She who would have never let another take her weapon, gave it into gentler hands.

The smell of herbs drifted through the bright and airy room, and with it drifted Sauche's senses...

Sauche dreamt then in the rest of elves, dreaming while awake, and aware of of the past as if it were the present. She saw then clearly her father and her mother as they had been in the days before the darkness.

The wild elf wept and wept as if she would never stop, and let the gentle maids sing to her, and bathe her, and dress her and adorn her. When Sauche at last came back to herself, she felt cleansed and her mind felt clear. She looked upon her image in their mirror and saw that, save for the scars she bore, she was much like the other elven maidens.

No. Not quite the same, she thought. But not so different. For though I shall always love moments such as this, I must be part of what lies beyond.

She thanked the healers gladly, took her spear, and set out to find a bite to eat. She wondered where she might find the kitchens, and then remembered the girl who served refreshments in the great hall.

Along the way, Sauche saw some of the soldiers practicing with their spears. She heard one of them mention the excercises that Thranduil had orderd for the next day. It seemed that the king wanted his troops in crack condition for some reason.

Watching them, Sauche wondered if she was not better with the spear than most of the soldiers she saw at practice...

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: Gilthalion ]
Old 05-07-2002, 02:28 PM   #127
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rûdhchamion let fly his dagger and as swift as thought, Legolas took aim. Anarya drew more swiftly than thunder follows lightning, but she saw that her prince aimed not at the spider, as did she, but at the dark elf instead.

Anarya realized then that the blade was aimed straight at the head of the miserable mortal they followed. If Rûdhchamion killed Micanar before his path was known, then his words to Thranduil were false, and his life was forfeit.

But the eyes of Legolas were swift and he marked more than the path of the blade. At the lst possible instant, his aim changed and his arrow leapt with Anarya's and their shafts plunged into the hulking spider.

Both the spider and the man fell to the forest floor and were still as stones.

Rûdhchamion stood from his concealment, as did Legolas and Anarya.

"You have good eyes, son of Thranduil," said Rûdhchamion.

"You have good sense, Rûdhchamion," replied Legolas.

It was then that Anarya saw that the blade had struck the man hilt first, knocking him unconscious. She retrieved the blade. The dark elf and the elven prince dragged the spider away and Anarya covered their tracks. The man would awaken, knowing nothing, and wondering what had hit him.

And the three elves would together watch to see where Micanar went. And after that, Anarya knew that Legolas would not stay the hand of Rûdhchamion from vengeance upon the slayers of his kin.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:27 PM   #128
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

She approached the guards cautiously, although she did have a tendancy to creep up on others and spook them nonetheless.
"Hello, men." She cooed. They started, turned. And then shrugged.
"Go back to the kitchen." One mumbled. Angered, Sauche narrowed her eyes and clucked at them with her tongue.
"It would do you wise to look twice, gentlemen." She simpered, and let fly her spear without the bat of an eye. It stuck fast in the wall beside the offenders head, and she gave them a small smile. "Talent comes in the oddest places." She retrevied her spear from two soldiers who had pryed it out of the wall, flabbergasted, and then wandered away.
'I wonder where the prince and that...dark elf...are?' She thought to herself. 'By the Gods, could this dress be any more uncomfortable?!'
Old 05-08-2002, 12:39 PM   #129
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Sting

When Mornovarion regained conciousness, the square was filled with the bodies of slain elves, some still holding weapons, some died trying to protect their children. In the centre of the square stood a bunch of anxious but alive elves surrounded by orcs. Other orcs were moving round the square looting bodies and searching for survivors. One of the orcs pointed at him and shouted something in his own tounge and two burly orcs moved forward grasped Mornovarion and threw him into the group of elves.
Soon the orcs gave up searching for loot and one of them who was undoubtedly the leader gestured for them to leave. The orcs shouted and forced the group of elves to move, as they left one of them threw a torch into one of the village buildings. As they drew away from the village they turned to see that the thatch and and wood had cought and the whole village was on fire.
Their captors began to quicken the pace and soon they were beyond the bows of the forest. Some of the less-fit elves began to tire, only to be forced to drink a foul drink which although revitalising left a foul taste on the tongue.

Old 05-08-2002, 05:03 PM   #130
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya stood by Rudhchamion and Leoglas looking down at the fallen man, after they had gotten rid of the spider's corpse. The human's breaths came softly but regularly.

"Are you sure hes out?" She asked looking over at the two elves warily.

Rudhchamion nodded, "Aye, I believe he is young Anarya."

Anarya let out her breath in a relieved sigh, "What do we do now then?" She asked looking down at the man.

"You, my fair maid, are going back to the city," Said Legolas setting a hand on her shoulder, "After our little run in with that spider, it is obviously too dangerous out here for one of so little experience."

Anarya shot the prince a look of outrage, "Pardon your highness but do not think me a babe in arms. For I can asure you I am far from it. Is that not true Rudhchamion? You saw how I defended myself among those bat creatures!"

She looked over at the elf, her eyes bright with stubborness.

The elf shrugged and looked over at Legolas, "She did manage to injure one with only a daggger, and she is strong for one so small."

Anarya looked at Legolas triumphantly, "You see," She said forgetting her manners for the moment, "I am stronger than I seem, beeging your pardon your highness."

Legolas smiled at the maid's spirit,"Alright, as long as you don't end up getting yourself killed. In the mean time, I suggest that we get ourselves hidden before our friend awakens."
Old 05-08-2002, 06:28 PM   #131
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

Tinuiel sat frozen, gazing with mingled horror and pity on the anguished face of Mornovarion. The elf tossed and turned violently in the bed. Tinuiel occasionally wiped the elf's face or held him down in his most violent fits. All the while a stream of half incoherent words mingled with cries and whimpers flowed from the elf's parched lips. Tinuiel's eyes never left the elf's face, nor did she for a moment cease to listen to his tortured cries. Every word that broke from Mornovarion's lips was ingrained in Tinuiel's mind forever. With each strangled sentence, Mornovarion's face became less haggard, while Tinuiel's became more haunted and drawn. Hour after hour she sat by his bed, and as she listened, it seemed to her that the weight and guilt of his past was lifted from his shoulders and placed on her own.

Old 05-08-2002, 09:56 PM   #132
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf kept silent after they had left Micanar and disposed of the spider. Although he had been worried about Anarya coming along, he believed that to deny her would not prevent her from following them and may prove more perilous on her part. He sighed, smiling to himself, Pennnauriel would have been no different. And she was spirited, no doubt skilled with the bow, having seen her skill in fletching. Her arrowheads were superb.

Soon, he thought, soon your deaths will be avenged! And perhaps the reason for the madness of their killings would be revealed. Until now, Rûdhchamion had never unravelled the real reason for the attack on his people. It had seemed so senseless.

The three elves were hid among the trees, like still shadows among the growth of the woods. They were some distance from where they left the unconcious Micanar. The man was beginning to stir. He glanced at Legolas and found the elven prince looking at him intently. The dark elf could not avoid feeling as if he was under observation, or being tested. It hardly mattered to him.

Would the son be like the father, he wondered silently? His respect for the prince had gone a notch higher when Legolas had stayed his hand awhile ago. Any other elf would have shot him, thinking him treacherous, but Rûdhchamion had risked knocking the man unconcious, else reveal that they were on his trail. Besides if the spider had reached the man, the foolish mortal would no longer be able to lead him to the very ones he had long searched for.

Anarya stirred impatiently beside them.

“Getting a little impatient young Anarya?” He smiled at her, then he continued softly to Legolas, “We should give him a day’s lead, to avoid suspicion. His trail will be of no problem to follow.”

The elven prince nodded in agreement."Let us reserve our energy until then."
Old 05-09-2002, 01:26 PM   #133
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya rubbed her arms of the night cold that had crept up upon them in the forest. She stared at the man, hoping he would awaken.

"Are all mortals as foul as he?" She wondered to herself.

Anarya felt her stomach jump to her throat as the mortal stirred. He sat up rubbing his head. Anarya felt Rudhchamion stiffen beside her. Legolas straightened as well, his eyes intent upon the dark figure as it rose, looking around in confusion. Anarya held her breath as he turned in their direction...
Old 05-10-2002, 04:03 AM   #134
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Gayahithwen slowly got out of the throne room and went back to the kitchen. She wasn't really in a hurry - kitchen duty was not that funny, after all. She would rather try to sneak out in the wood again, to have a little moment of peace and thinking, but she knew that if the kitchen master caught her this time again, dreaming away her time, it wouldn't be fun for her. She started to move a little bit quicker, before she came past some guards practising with their spears. She had no idea of why, but king Thranduil wanted them to be in crack condition, very soon. She saw the wild elf - Sauche - standing next to some guards, and stopped before even thinking about it. Something was going on, and she wanted to find out what it was.
Old 05-10-2002, 12:21 PM   #135
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Micanar shook himself, got his bearings, and proceeded south, following the eastern eaves of Mirkwood.

"It is clear," whispered Legolas, "that he means to join others, where no settlements of men can be found. Only the villages and solitary abodes of the Dark Elves, and farther south, the abandoned fortress of the Necromancer, Dol Goldur.

"I will return and tell Thranduil this news. Anarya, stay with Rhudhcamion, if he he would have your company, and be our eyes. We must know what the Woodland Realm faces. And as for you, Dark Elf," said Legolas with a dark smile, "happy hunting."

With that, the son of Thranduil left them to follow Micanar and returned to the halls of his father.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:28 AM   #136
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Ring

Long after, the orcs stopped.
"You sleep here" grunted their leader, pointing at a rough patch of ground a few feet away. As the elves settled down orcs moved round in a circle to stop them escaping. The elves staggered over to where he had pointed and fell into deep sleep's, grateful for the rest.
After what seemed like a few minutes, they were awoken by the orcs to see that all about them was covered in fog. One of the braver elves spoke up, "You can't seriously be thinking about setting out in this can you!"
The orc leader turned slowly to face the elf that had spoken, "What did you say?"
"Well, we can't even see..." The elf got his head lopped off by on orcish broadsword.
The orc leader turned to face the rest of the elves "That's what'll happen if any of you... elves" he spat the word out" tries to disagree wif'' me again!".

Old 05-11-2002, 04:25 PM   #137
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Sauche smirked and then, without meaning to, bumped into the elf-maiden and sent her tumblin onto the floor. Sauche reckoned the squared shoulders of the wanderer helD rank over the thin ones of a gentile. Setting the spear doiwn, she held out a hand and helped her up.
"Forgive me..." The maiden stuttered, curtsying. Obviously she realized that the preserve belonged to the woman who had knocked her down. Although now Bourgeouis, Sauch raised an eyebrow.
"Um...why?" She shook her head and grabbed the weapon. "I should be sorry for plowing into you like that! C'mon, I'll take you on a walk...Just to apologize."
"I really should g-get back to..."
"Who cares?" Sauche took her hand. "All work and no play makes...."
"Gayahithwen." The maiden said her name softly, meekly.
"Gayahithwen a dull boy! Or Girl!" She added quickly. "By the way, I'm Sauche." She said also, then took her new friend, well, her new ffriend kind of took eHER, on a tour of the castle.

OOC- Sorry if theres too much slang, I have an awful headache ><
Old 05-13-2002, 07:25 AM   #138
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion watched as Legolas disappeared into the trees. He could not help but smile to himself. It was obvious, the elf prince had a bit of his father’s insight in him. The dark elf would not forget the trust the ElvenKing had placed upon him, nor Legolas’ words. He turned to the young elf maiden.

“I am quite hesitant, Anarya Silverbranch, to have you at my side, with unknown peril ahead. Do not misunderstand my words, I doubt not thy skill, for that I have already witnessed.”

She looked indignant and her stubbornness was resurfacing. “Prince Legolas himself, has given me leave to go in his stead,” she crossed her arms and continued, her brows raising, “And if I recall quite correctly, it was you who was wounded in battle.”

He stared at her dumbfounded. A smile slowly formed at the corner of his lips. “Oh, very well. But we best rest awhile and plan our move before continuing. His tracks will be easy to follow, even at night.”
Old 05-13-2002, 08:28 AM   #139
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Gayahithwen smiled after coming over the first chock. This was the girl she had seen earlier today, wasn't it? Once again she smiled, because it was obvious that the guards had been telling the truth about this girl. She really was a wild one. She tried once more to say something apologizing to get back to the kitchen:

"I really should be getting back, you know, or else.. uuumm.."

She thought about it for a second, then brightened up again.

"...I guess I could come up with some kind of excuse. Is there anything special you want me to show you? - Be easy with that spear, you almost put my eye out! Do you know anything more about what is happening here? All the guards training all the time.. I wish I knew what is happening!"
Old 05-13-2002, 04:30 PM   #140
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya nodded in agreement and wrapped her arms around her knees tightly. She laid her head down upon her elbows and closed her eyes wondering why the prince and Rudhchamion had such little faith in her. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear irritably. Really, it was getting very frustrating. She opened her eyes and looked over at her companion.

Rudhchamion had settled closeby, his back to a large oak. His eyes were closed as well. She wondered what the strange dark elf thought of, though she had a very strong inkling to the answer of her question. She had to admit though, the elf was handsome, for an outsider that was. The light of morning caught her eyes and she averted her gaze to the rising morning light, pink upon her cheeks. Yes, today would be a good day...
Old 05-14-2002, 08:26 AM   #141
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion felt the warmth of the mid-morning sun from behind his close eyelids. The breeze whispered softly its song, several wrens were nearby chirping their greeting to the new day. He opened his eyes to find Anarya nearby, her head down upon her elbows and her eyes closed, her honey-colored hair softly caressed by the wind. They had only been resting a few hours since Legolas left them.

He had been in deep thought. What was waiting for them south? Eager as he was to face the slayer of his people, rushing headlong would be a sure death. The dark elf did not wish even one foul orc to escape and see another day, but there was more to this than the death of his kin. It was a mystery that haunted him still. Why were they killed? He knew no reason, but he swore he would find out.

There was also young Anarya. He would have to proceed with more caution, he was not alone in the hunt any longer. He would not be able to forgive himself should any harm befall one so gifted.

And there was the matter of the words of Thranduil. Something was stirring south. He sighed, why hadn’t he had enough sense to ask Legolas the Elvenking’s worries? But it was unlikely the prince would have told him. At least not yet. He doubted this would be the last time he would see Thranduil’s halls, nor the Elvenking's son.

He heard a squirrel’s familiar chattering. As he looked up, it landed on his leg. He couldn’t help chuckling.

“Haven’t had a meal yet, I take it, little friend,” he smiled, taking a nut form his hip bag and handing it to the small creature. Looking up after a few moments, he saw the elf maiden looking at him curiously.

"I hope you've rested well, Young Anarya. Soon our hunt will begin." Rûdhchamion looked towards the direction the man, Micanar, had gone. His smile had faded, a determined look was on his face.

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 05-19-2002, 12:58 PM   #142
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya smiled at the elf's reply. She was happy to finally be able to see what was beyond the confines of the forest.

"So when do we start?" She asked, a little higher in pitch than how she had meant for it to sound.

Rudhchamion did not answer. His face was cold and stern, his eyes were fixed on the lightening horizon.

"Rudhchamion?" She said again and stood walking over to where the elf sat.

She looked in the direction he was staring. Though no mortal could see it, the imortal's eyes caught the figure of a stumbling man in the far distance.

"Thats the human Micanar, isn't it?" Anarya asked not taking her eyes off the east...
Old 05-20-2002, 12:21 AM   #143
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Mornovarion tossed in his bed and cried out. Every word seemed to be wrenched from his frail body. Every one. And each one embedded itself on Tinuiel's heart. He shuddered violently, and with his words, Tinuiel could see in her mind an orc butchering elves. She clenched her jaw. She could see it all. It was as if Mornovarion's words painted pictures in her mind as they were burned in. Tinuiel reached over and grabbed Mornovarion's hand tightly. And so the night passed, the two elves hand in hand, both dreaming the same terrible dreams, but one heart grew lighter, and one grew heavier as with a weight greater than that of all the world.

Old 05-22-2002, 02:43 PM   #144
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

"I'm not sure." Was all Sauche said, her exterior solemn and unbroken by emotion. No rage. Like magma, it churned below her surface, awaiting the time to rise in a fury of blood and death...
"Oh..."
"Where are teh Elf-Prince and those other two...?" Sauche wondered aloud, peering out of a window as they passed. Her body seemed to unfurl in the setting sun, glowing rosy-warm as a gentle smile touched her face. "Then again, I also wonder where my clothes and weapons are...Wow...Isn't that sun beautiful?" She found herself coming back to the window. She needed to get outside. That was where she belonged. That was where she had to be. Then, suddenly, she blushed deep scarlet. "Those bathers saw me naked...didn't they?" She asked in an embarrassed whisper. They must have thought I was some sort of freak!" It was true. With the few but noticeable scars she bore the gentle, smooth-skinned maidens would have been both mortified and full of pity. Chagrined, Sauche bit ehr lip and loked at the floor. "Not that I AM one. I just...don't look the same...I mean, I DO, but...I don't...really...I have scars..." She found herself digging a deeper and deeper hole of embarrassment. She felt sorry for her companion who had to stand there and watch as Sauche, uneducated socially, stuttered through a simple 'Moving right along...'
Old 05-23-2002, 02:07 AM   #145
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Gayahithwen wasn't sure what to do with the girl that stood right in front of her, appearantly embarrased. She gave her a quick hug and then took a step back, looking at her with a shy smile.

"What do you mean? You bear clothes and you have that spear - that almost put my eye out a second ago. The bathers are used to naked people. I am not sure I caught your meaning. Prince Legolas accompanied the dark elf and another high elven girl on the search of the human. I don't know any more about it."
Old 05-23-2002, 05:49 AM   #146
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Ring

So the orcs and their weary prisoners had set out into the mist. Mornovarion, who had been studied the few maps they had had in the village guessed that they must now be nearing the Emyn Muil. The thought that they had travelled so far made him feel more tired than he really was and a great pain was in his legs. Soon they came to a wide river, which he supposed was the Great River Anduin. The orcs turned south
following the river's course.
The pain in Mornovarion's legs was beginning to become unbearable and soon he stumbled and fell. He was only dimly aware of the orcs kicking him in an attempt to get him up. When he opened his eyes because of a great pain in his back, he realized that an orc was dragging him along by his feet.
Mornovarion squirmed in an attempt to free himself but the orc, a very large brutish one merely laughed at Mornovarion's feeble attempts to free himself. Soon the whole company of orcs was laughing and choosing rougher, stonier routes on which to drag Mornovarion's battered body along.

Old 05-23-2002, 07:12 AM   #147
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Sauhe smiled at the maid's gesture of emotion and regained control of herself. "Ah...thanks..." She sighed. "I'm just...not...like you or anyone. I'm not like the girls here..." She looked out the window. "Anyway...where do you want to go?" She grinned. "Show me the prettiest place here."
Old 05-23-2002, 03:06 PM   #148
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Boots

While she had picked out a new garment for her mother, Amaryllis had heard a commotion outside. She had faollowed the elves who were goig to the throne room. She wanted to know what was going on. when she had witnessed all the judgements, she went on towards her mother's home. She had passed by the group of soldiers practicing and had also seen the new elf girl. Soush was her name? It was something like that. She couldn't understand what Thranduil was saying because she had let her mind wander to look at all the elf men in the room. She was under constant pressure to find a man and be married but she was determined that when the time came it would happen. On this occasion she saw the one person whom she ahd had a crush on for decades. His eyes were brown but his hair was blonde and he was a bit shorter than the others around him. Amaryllis had heard rumors that he liked her but he never acted upon them. She had finally caught his eye and smiled at him in a friendly way because if she had done anyhting to suggest anything more, she was have started to become very nervous. She was blushing as it was. He nodded his head slightly just so much as to acknowledge her then turned back to the prisoners. She felt discouraged becuse he hadn't so much as smiled back at her. Then again, there wer people that had been punished quite severly. She supposed she couldn't blame him. But she was pleasantly surprised when he stepped beside her and walked with her to her mother's dwelling. He apologized for being rude in the throne room but he didn't want to make any attention-drawing gestures. He usually shied away from the attention of anyone he didn't really know. They talked of things of no real importance and Amaryllis realized that she very much enjoyed being around him. She couldn't explain how she felt about him. She'd had crushed before, suer but this, this was a different feeling. This was like she was absolutely positive that this one was for her. She didn't dare speak of anyhting like that to him, though. For fear it might scare him off. Then she wouldn't even have him as a friend. They had reached her mother's door when he informed her that he was going away for a long while. he hugged her politely and walked back towards town. Amaryllis stood on her mother's doorstep and was overwhelmed with a terrible feeling that she had missed her chance for good and that she had lost something that could have been so great. She felt a wave of tears coming on as she opened the door and stepped inside.
Old 05-24-2002, 02:03 AM   #149
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

With a smile Gayahithwen said "What do you mean? Do you have a tail or something?" she went serious and continiued; "what do you mean? Not like us other..? There are many people here, elven maidens not at least. Many of them are like me, but many has fought several times, wild battles. Greenwood isn't green anymore, it's now known as Mirkwood. The dark is around us, you know and things is not that safe any longer. Although, I admitt it, if an orc would attack me, I wouldn't fight it, I would run for my life."

She smiled and grabbed Sauche's hand. "Come on, I'll show you the prettiest place I know! It's a little bit from here and not that many people know about it!" With that, she dragged Sauche out of the castle, away towards the wood.

[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: Gayahithwen ]
Old 05-24-2002, 06:43 AM   #150
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Sauche grinned and followed eagerly. "I'd fight!" She said finally, walking behind her new friend. "And I'd win!" She was grinning happilly. "And if an orc attacked you in this new dark,I'd protect you as well! Only..." She paused. So did her companion. "Not in this dress." She smiled. And then continued on. "If I was wearing this dress, I would strip down naked and battle! Scars an all!" Her friend giggled, as did she, as they walked together in the wood.
Old 05-25-2002, 04:47 AM   #151
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf turned to the young elf-maiden. He frowned slightly at the sound he had heard in her voice. It sounded too eager, as one would her from an inexperienced, and perhaps over-enthusiastic child.

Rûdhchamion suppressed a groan and sighed. “I do not mean anything by it, but is this the first time you will have gone beyond the confines of Greenwood, Anarya?”

That of course earned him a frown and a glare which could have had sent any stouthearted man cringing. “And I suppose that would make me the hapless lass under your protection then.”

“I was only asking and as I said, meant nothing by it. He averted his eyes from her sharp gaze and stood up. “Come then, let us begin tracking the mortal.”

He looked towards the south. “Your Prince is right, the man means to join others. Perhaps to his superior, to report of the encounter with the Elvenking. But to whom? The Beornings are northwest of this place, that is the only abode of men in this area, and they have the friendship of your people.” The elf looked southwestward. “ He would have no reason to go towards Leog Ningloron, and the woods of Lorinand.”

“Lorinand?” Anarya asked as she too looked towards the southwest. They began their trailing of Micanar.

“The Goldenwoods near Silverlode. You perhaps know it or have heard of it as Lothlorien.” He smiled at the her. “The uninvited cannot pass the realm of the Lady of the Woods. Be he man or elf.”

“Was not Leog Ningloron near your peoples’ abode?”

“Yes,” he answered, “ and continuing southwards is Dol Goldur.”

The way he had said it made her look at Rûdhchamion closer. He seemed to suddenly look inwards, in himself, in deep thought. Perhaps because of the memories, she thought to herself. She could have not known it was more from dread of things to come. Dol Goldur was the abandoned abode of the Necromancer. But even after his defeat, no elf would go near the boundaries of that dark place.

They continued tracking the man called Micanar. The dark elf showing his woodland ways to the young elf maid. Gathering nuts, roots and herbs along the way. Stopping at streams to rest and refill their waterskins.
Old 05-25-2002, 10:36 AM   #152
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Gayahithwen thought about what Sauche had said for a while, then she continiued: "I find these dresses comfortable enough. At least to run away in. You seem like such a warriorgirl. Is there any weapon you can't handle? The only weapon I can handle is the knife, out of obvious reasons." She almost giggled, but went serious in a second. "Kitchen duty, you know. Here it is!"

She turned to the right, down a little path, under some big, dark trees, before reaching a little creek. Big birch trees were standing around it, and since the sun was setting all was in a golden light. Small flowers covered the ground and in the trees you could here birds chirping. The creek sounded as if it sang, an ancient and beautiful song. Gayahithwen smiled peacefully and climbed up on a big rock, dragging up her knees under her and enjoying the beautiful sight. She grabbed Sauche's hand and helped her up next to her.

"Well, what do you think? Beautiful, isn't it? I come here as often as possible."
Old 05-25-2002, 02:53 PM   #153
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

"Yes, it is lovely." Sauche sighed. "An outlaw such as I...was... rearely has the time relax in such a beautiful place...but now that I'm here...I don't think I'll ever want to leave..."
Old 05-25-2002, 07:24 PM   #154
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya sat by a bed of flowers that Rudhchamion said was edible and began to rip their strong roots from the stubborn forest floor.

She looked up and to her surprise saw the elf kneeling by a squirrel, feeding it. She was astonished to see a smile softly edge across his face at the animal. She had never seen the dark elf so gentle to anything. He looked up and saw her looking at him with curosity. Anarya looked down, her cheeks beginning to flush with self-conciousness. What was happening to her, this feeling?

"Do you think we are very far behind the mortal?" She asked not looking up, trying to make light conversation.

"About a mile or so lies between us," She heard him say. She heard him stand and walk to a tree, and with a leap ascend into the leafy canopy. She looked up alarmed,

"What do you think your doing? He'll see you!" she called to him stading by the trunk of the large oak.

"Shhh! He'll hear you before they see me!" He said harshly to her.

Anarya stared hard down at the ground for her mistake. How could she do something so stupid. Now Rudhchamion would think that she was stupid or something, and the worst thing about it was that she didn't know why she cared what he thought.

"Wait!" Rudhchamion's voice drifted down from the summit of the tree, "I think I see him, and theres another group of figures meeting him now!"
Old 05-29-2002, 05:06 AM   #155
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The burly orc barked an order to one of his subordinates. Wazrárz gazed to the north, his demeanor hiding little of his foul mood. He was clad in armor, and a huge war axe hung at his side. He was getting impatient. The easterlings should have been here days ago. They had been camped near the hill of Dol Goldur waiting.

As a thick mist was slowly forming, draugs could be heard howling from a distance. Another pack would be released once more to hunt near the banks of Anduin before venturing deep into Mirkwood. He would order the wolf-riders as well, else they would grow lazier then they already were, he thought quite irrated.

The orders were the same. Wait for the mortals, and the news they would be bringing. Warzgarz trusted the easterlings little knowing that most could break easily, once they were put to torture. But some did have good uses. It was this reason that they were given orders in such short notice, in order that the lord’s plans would not be betrayed to their enemies. But getting vital information and using devious means to create havoc, which was to these men’s credit.

“Gurgzhâk! Get your useless face here!” He growled. A smaller orc with a badly scarred face appeared, with a glint in his eyes. “Any news of those easterlings? What are your scouts doing besides whining like the useless dogs they are?”

The smaller orc grunted, “Nothing… but three men were sent to wait their return and bring them here.” He then quickly left, knowing such news did not abide well with his superior’s mood.

“Incompetent fools!” He heard Wazrárz say, a sound something breaking was heard as an object was hurled.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:17 AM   #156
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rinurion parried a strike and countered just as a break in combat training was called. Thranduil had ordered all his elven warriors to training due to an earlier incident where a strange elf had tried to kill the king. They had all been caught by surprise, and it was only by the quick action of king’s son, Legolas, and another captured elf, that the would-be killer was subdued. The tall elf knew something was amiss, and orders would be forthcoming.

They had been in martial training since the release of the human prisoner. He for one waited for the return of Legolas. The prince would no doubt have more news.
He returned once more to the drilling area as the training was called to commence once more.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:44 AM   #157
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Gayahithwen leaned a bit backwards, putting down her hands beside her to keep herself from falling backwards. She took in all beauty of the place, sighed deep and then turned to Sauche.

"Where are you from? I got to know pretty much about you earlier, but, well.. There are quite many gaps. Would you care to fill me in on them?"

Smiling encouragely towards Sauche, she continiued:

"You don't have to say anything if you don't want to. I just thought.. friend to friend?"
Old 05-29-2002, 07:19 AM   #158
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The two elves had let the man move further ahead; it had been several days now since they started trailing Micanar. The dark elf wanted to make sure that they could see every direction the man may take. The mortal had met with a group earlier and was moving southward once more. Rûdhchamion and Anarya kept to the shadows of the trees and avoided open glades. They kept silent, and only signaled to one another when needed.

He noticed a slight change in demeanor in the young elf maiden, a self-consciousness. He wanted to ask but thought better of it, it would embarrass her surely. He was amused at times, and did not know why he was glad to have her on this journey.

Suddenly he felt a chill that seemed to grip him, and motioned for Anarya to climb a large tree nearby. Its leaves were thick enough to hide them both. He heard something that chilled him even more.

“What is it?” She whispered.

“Ssshhh. Listen, do you not hear the baying of the wolves?”

Anarya frowned, she could her the howling. “But it isn’t hardly evening yet.”

It was true. It was late afternoon, but the skies had turned cloudy and the mist was coming in. He swore under his breath.

“We must stay I fear, until morning. Keep alert, and be ready with your bow. We can trail them then. They too have stopped.” He indicated to the Micanar’s group.

When night came, so did the creatures of the dark. A group of hooded men walked past their tree. Similar to the ones when they had encountered Mornovarion and Tinuiel.

They kept as still as possible, holding their breaths as the strange hooded figures passed by.
Old 05-29-2002, 12:54 PM   #159
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya gripped the branch in front of her till her knuckles turned as white as the moon that hung low in the overcast sky. The air was thick with fear as the shadows passed, making it hard to breathe.

Anarya closed her eyes and wished herself somewhere else, anywhere else but there. She looked down again at the passing shadows, six of them she noticed. One stopped suddenly
in front of the tree where Rudhchamion and Anarya sat, perched precariously. Than Anarya felt her foot slip from beneath her...
Old 05-29-2002, 09:19 PM   #160
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

In the tiny chamber Tinuiel kept her silent vigil beside the writhing elf. The sickle moon cat its fey beams on the two figures. Mornovarion struggled and cried out in his sleep, while Tinuiel sat beside him, eyes and ears fastened unwaveringly upon him. Her hands lay upon him, in an effort to calm his twisting frame, but her thoughts were far from the room. Her body sat with Mornovarion in the room in the elven hall, but in her mind, she was dragged alongside Mornovarion. She felt the orc slap her across the face as his hand crashed down on Mornovarion. She heard the same cries. She wailed the same wordless prayers to Elbereth and listened with him for the answer that never came.