The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:16 AM   #1441
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just letting everyone know I will be away for most of the first two days, I will be able to read through a bit and vote but not be able to be quite as involved as I would like to be. I will be back with a vengeance,though after the weekend, so don't worry... It is a long weekend here (Canada Day) and I will be out partying it up like a good Canadian!
Old 07-01-2006, 07:15 AM   #1442
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Ahhh Valier, you're one of the lucky ones. I'm stuck going to the fireworks...gah!! Oh well, swimming's always fune. Oh, and in case you didn't read it in my post or are not getting the hint, I'm gone for the rest of the day too. Have a great day everyone. And to all Canadians (coughVALIER+GILcough), HAPPY CANADA'S DAY!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #1443
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Aww, my little sausages:

tomorrow might be a bit icky when it comes to calling 'time out', so lets work a little on the honor system here. Anything posted after the hour by more than the five minute cushion is null and void.

I haven't heard from Gil -even since the start of the game-, and I'm kind of worried, so if he does show and stop the game, vunderbar! Otherwise, just don't post anymore, and I'll do my best.

....again. Being paranoid. I'm going to the country for the fourth, and I'll be working on a lap top.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #1444
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I'm back.

I'm sorry about that, everyone, and thank you for being so honorable. ; )
Yesterday did not go as planned at ALL, and hopefully it won't happen again, however Nogrod and Morm's death posts are almost laughibly short.

(I had to really pound the keys to get them up in and around time!)

Again. I'm sorry I couldn't have posted any sooner. The last two days have been rather rough on me.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #1445
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
and my apologies as well, my computer has been inopreative but should be fixed by weeks' end, for now i will try to sneak on my brothers laptop to get on this site

again my apologies
Old 07-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #1446
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hey, I'm letting evryone know that I've been absent due to real life interference. (Settling a new apartment, planning a wedding, celebrating the 4th, etc) I don't have the energy to stay up for the night, so I'll be back in the morning (my time.)

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Old 07-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #1447
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ahhh!! Okay, has anybody heard from Samwise? Or am I going ahead with my game? If so, It won't be starting for awhile...unfortunately...
Old 07-06-2006, 12:14 PM   #1448
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well, as I haven't heard hide nor hair from Samwise, I think I should probably start the game up. However, I am willing to give him until the 12th(which is a little less than a week from toDay) to come back.

In the meantime, I believe that I should probably go and explain my plot to you for the game that I have in mind. So, basically, if you want more information on it, I shall be starting up a new thread; WWJXI: When World's Collide. By the by, if anybody can get me the Sindarin translation for that, please, let me know ASAP what it is. I've tried "The Council of Elrond" but it doesn't even have the word when in the database. So, anybody finds it, let me know. Thanks!!
Old 07-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #1449
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

How long is awhile Glirdan? I am sure Mith or I can start a game right away if you will be quite awhile. I have some good idea's for a new game.....anyone for Werewolves in Spaaaaaace?

Edit: oh there you are Glirdy!.....I can wait awhile then, but I would like to put myself on the Modding list somewhere.

Last edited by Valier; 07-06-2006 at 12:16 PM. Reason: X ed with Glirdan
Old 07-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #1450
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Lol! Actually, by awhile, I mean not until after the 15th as there is someone who I would really enjoy to have in my game but he/she will not be back from vacation until then. And no, it's not Wilwa. Or her sibling, Lote and Wayne.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:22 PM   #1451
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
How long is awhile Glirdan? I am sure Mith or I can start a game right away if you will be quite awhile.

I can't, I really can't ..well I could do A game but not the game I am plotting .. my collaborator is imminently departing on the Grand Tour and I have been busy .... feel free to queue jump Val....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 07-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #1452
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok correct me if this is wrong

Upcoming Mods

Glirdan
Samwise?
Valier
Mithalwen
Old 07-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #1453
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I believe so. I almost have the opening for my game up and ready.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #1454
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think Samwise is getting married on 18th August so I can't really imagine him modding just before or just after.....and being British I am a forthcoming mod....

Old 07-06-2006, 12:50 PM   #1455
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Can I get tacked on to the mod list somewhere? I don't mind if it's a while...well into August would be best...just need to get on the list.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #1456
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Upcoming Mods

Glirdan
Valier
Samwise?
Mithalwen
JennyHallu

Does this work? Or we can take Samwise off the list for now until he comes back, then he could be bumped to next in line. Or Mith you can go before me if you like.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #1457
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I can't see me being ready that soon unless I get some holiday...... I went on the list because it took months to get a slot last time...... I wasn't expecting to go live until the backend of the Summer .... but I think we should check with Samwise Gamgee before moving him back.. he has been on the list since way before Easter and while I expect he will be busy before the wedding and modding is an odd way to spend a honeymoon it is his decision not mine....

Old 07-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #1458
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Yes, that is true. In which case, I shall also, if he comes back on time, move the game back as well.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #1459
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I just found out that my Computer is being re-formatted next week sometime so I may not be able to get on soon enough to start the game. I may have to push it back by a week or so. I don't know. As soon as I get specifics, I'll get Wilwa to come on and let everyone know. Till then, send me the PM's all you invitees.

More news from the unlucky person. Rune has just informed me that he will be on vacation where there will be next no internet access. Luckily, I have found a wonderful replacement, Wilwa! Yay!! She's back and hopefully it will be for good. Thanks a million Wilwa!!

Last edited by Glirdan; 07-07-2006 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:22 AM   #1460
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Please remove me from the mod list.

The sour grapes over the last game has quite made me lose my appetite.

I hope to do my operatic game later.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #1461
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ummmm Okay......I don't seem to get what all the fuss is about! Why the sour grapes Mith? I thought Valesse's game was wonderful!!!! I don't understand why players can't see this is all just fun. I for one approach each game with as much silly gusto as I can, and in most games I get suspected for the way I play, but WHO CARES!!!!! The quiet and loud players make the game more fun and give us all something to talk about. I don't see why people had to poo-poo Valesse's game and the way the players played or didn't play. Just have fun, like I do!!!! Also one must also remember timezones....some players are sleeping while others are playing.

Oh and everyone please remember this word........TOLERANCE

Last edited by Valier; 07-11-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #1462
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

I have a question for Glirdy:

When are you expecting your When Worlds Collide game to start? I'm going away for a week, starting on Wednesday the 19th, and will also be gone during some of the first week of August... and I want to know if it would be possible for me to participate, or if my schedule just doesn't work with it. I'm certainly not asking you to reschedule your start date, if you have one planned, or to schedule your game based on me. I was just wondering if the schedules matched up...and if there was room for more after all the invitees signed up. I haven't played Werewolf in a long time, and I had been looking forward to another game! Obviously, if it doesn't work out, it's not going to be that big a deal, because there's always another time (at least I hope), and I can always read along with it if I get back too late or leave too early. (or both!)

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 07-11-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #1463
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Unfortunately Zali, I don't really have time, however, I am more than willing to open up the signing up to the pubic now and will go do so.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #1464
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Um so when is your game going to start Glirdan? I was planning on playing, but not if it takes too long to start. I have planning to do for mine after so I was just wondering.....
Old 07-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #1465
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Just so people know, I have deleted a number of posts here because I would rather that the discussion concerning posting style occur in only one place, namely the main Tol-in-Gaurhoth admin thread.

As far as I could see, other than a minor misunderstanding (subsequently resolved), there was nothing that has not been raised in one form or another on the other thread. If you feel that some vital point has been deleted, either raise it on the other thread or, if you can't remember it, then PM me and I will check the original.

This post will be deleted once all concerned have had an opprtunity to see it.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:22 AM   #1466
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

[QUOTE=Valier]Ummmm Okay......I don't seem to get what all the fuss is about! Why the sour grapes Mith? I thought Valesse's game was wonderful!!!!
I enjoyed it until all the recriminations started which I found offensive and unnecessary. I have no desire to spend a lot of time modding a game if people can't play "nicely". I intend to put my name down for a senior spot by which time I hope things will be calmer, and my collaborator will have returned.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #1467
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Valier, going to go open now. Please wait about five more minutes. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #1468
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay, I'm going to post the death now as I may not have time to do so later. But, you may not post until 6pm Eastern Time please and thank you. If needed, I will tell Wilwa to come and let you all know when you can post.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #1469
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Gil-Galad, please activate your invisible mode. I believe that's a general rule for Werewolf participants these days.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #1470
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
uh oh spagettio, thanks menel for reminder
Old 09-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #1471
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I must inform everyone that I just got a new job and my hours are strange right now. I will be around to post, but not as much as usual. I will make sure I vote though.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:54 AM   #1472
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Does the "Hide your signature"-rule still apply?
Old 09-07-2006, 06:08 AM   #1473
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I feel I might be forced to take back my words about an unfloody Lommy... *sigh*
Old 09-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #1474
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Sorry, just no time today!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #1475
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sorry also....I know my reasons are kinda lame, but I gotta go to work.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #1476
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Everyone in invisible mode (sorry, forgot about that. Thanks Menel) and sig's does not matter. If you choose too, that's fine.

Also, please note that there is only about two hours and forty five minutes left for voting and we have half the votes. Please vote and post because if not, the noose falls on you after two days of not doing either and I really don't want to do taht.

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-07-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #1477
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
WAIT! the day is over??

Wilwa said an hour ago we had an hour and a half left!!!!!

And don't just remind me that you said 6:00 PM Eastern. I'm in Eastern.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #1478
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ya, my bad. Wasn't looking at the time. Continue.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:01 PM   #1479
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
So since I cross posted with Wilwa and obvioulsy it was in time...is this going to be counted against me as a none vote Glirdy?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #1480
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

No, it's in time. I didn't think I was going to be on at this time so I told Wilwa just to end it and tell you I'll have the post up later. Turns out otherwise. But you are safe this time around.
Closed Thread