The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #121
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. First a look at the one-posters...

Kath came early to say: "doesn't seem much to post about yet so I'll be lurking". I think I have said this about thousand times but I do still dislike the tactics of posting once (or not at all) on Day1 and getting through with it leaving the dirty work and especially the risk of a lynch to be carried by others. I could vote her on principle.

Gollum complained about there being three pages (sic!). Said he had a "horrible suspicion" on Bowie. Said: "Well, this is my daily post. Enjoy, everyone." Well, I didn't enjoy it and if he intends to post only once per Day with that quality I might be ready to make one shot in the dark into that direction.

Shasta lightly / half-banterishly threathened tp and Boro and promised to be more verbal later. I'm willing to give him a chance to prove his word.

Cailineomer. It's nice to see that double-person back in the games and they should stay. Although it must be said that even if their post was amusing it was totally devoid of any content, and the vote was if not pure evil then at least serving evil interests.

So from these four I could vote for Kath or Gollum. But I still hope to be able to find a bit more probable wolves...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #122
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Interestingly both Gwath and Sally who are pretty high on the post count have been careful enough not to voice a single suspicion against anyone. Their posting has been mainly banter or then in Sally's case saying why (pretty random reasons) she wants some to live and in Gwath's case defending himself from basically non-existent accusations.

References

"WW-manual", rule no.7 - the one I always manage not to obey - "be nice to many enough people or at least don't suspect too many at the same time if you wish to live long as people will feel bad when suspected and are thus more prone to vote for you".

"Ways to catch a werewolf", hint no.5: "a werewolf feels s/he is suspected and accused all the time - which is just natural as they live in a hostile environment anyway - so they tend to overreact to even small suspicions feeling the need to defend themselves - also they tend to be a wee bit grumpy when discussed".
Old 01-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #123
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
"a werewolf feels s/he is suspected and accused all the time - which is just natural as they live in a hostile environment anyway - so they tend to overreact to even small suspicions feeling the need to defend themselves - also they tend to be a wee bit grumpy when discussed".
The only problem with this, Nog, is that innocents are typically - in my experience - more irritated when they're unjustly suspected, because wolves know what they're in for, but ordos usually feel like it should be obvious that they're ordos.

So I would adjust that to say that werewolves become hostile over little suspicions, but it's usually ordos who overreact to major ones.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #124
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

From Menel I get quite innocent vibes. Or at least he plays like he plays and that has sent him to the gallows so many times ealy on just showing him innocent. So I wouldn't like to continue that tradition.

Ilya is hard one to interpret. I'm not sure it merits lynching yet but constant watch to be sure.

Bowie has played quite a hunker-down game as well so far but his remarks on not caring about the cobbler on Day1 (and especially that which followed: "I think it's a Day 2 problem. And then we kill them") do seem a bit fishy. Now that I think of it the "cobbler is not Day1 problem" -thing could be counted as just being unthoughtful but the quote in brackets indeed started to bother me a lot more...

Brinn has been veery-very careful. Like she always is. The problem is that she can pull that most innocent-looking air also when a wolf. But she shouldn't be lynched at least toDay I say.

Auch... have to vote in a minute... (I'm going to choir rehersals which I somehow find a most fitting thing indeed)
Old 01-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #125
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. Gwath has also been lynched on Day1 a few times for playing the way he does so I'm a bit reluctant to help bringing that decision on once again so I will go for

++ Sally

She can be amusing throughout the game but she can also kill people at Night under that playful appearance.

I might have gone for Bowie as well but this is his second game (if I'm right) so let's see how he will fare later in the game, well at least toMorrow.

Fea: adjustement accepted.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #126
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Interestingly both Gwath and Sally who are pretty high on the post count have been careful enough not to voice a single suspicion against anyone.~Nog
Yee-gads I said I wasn't going to do this. Good point about sally, but I'm not sure why you would use this accusation against Gwath. He hasn't made a post in a while, his last post was still relatively early (some 6 hours in) - look at the chatter - what are you expecting?

sally I can see, she's been hanging around but hasn't quite made a mark yet. Even with providing amusement, that typically is stuff that gets forgotten. I present to you exit polls of favorite LOTR characters immediately after watching FOTR and from an on-line survey 6 months later

Quote:
Cinema

Aragorn 20%
Legolas 17%
Sam 15%
Gandalf 12%
Gollum 11%
Gimli 9%
Frodo 6%
Arwen 2%
Quote:

Aragorn 29%
Sam 23%
Gandalf 15%
Legolas 11%
Frodo 7%
Gollum 7%
From Chapter 7 of Watching the Lord of the Rings -Tolkien's World Audiences

There is a growth in Aragorn, Sam, Gandalf, these characters have staying power, they are the strong characters. While the hot (Legolas) and funny (Gimli) drop significantly - amusement provides no significant staying power. These are the ones who go forgotten after a period of time. And someone wanting to be forgotten worries me.

sally, wishing to amuse us, make us feel good with you, while we spin around in circles, eh?

Edit: fixing the tables and crossing with Nogrod

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-07-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #127
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Feanor list no make Wild Man feel any better. Feanor suspect nobody. Feanor give no real information. Frivolous.

Menel. Post 32 - Say no lynch the tricksies. No why.

Post 40 - Aganzir banter. No want triple lynch. This can be critic-thought, but can be innocent-thought.

Post 64 - Agree cobbler great danger. Say perhaps phantom cobbler.

Post 92 - Ask Mac why Mac find Menel suspicious. Nazgul banter.

Wild Man still not comfortable. Seem present, but careful, accuse nobody. But Nogrod say this normal.

Nogrod vote Sally. Wild Man say: fair. But Wild Man think Kath-Gollum better choice.

Therefore Wild Man have many choice for vote. Fea-Kath-Gollum, all no vote. Menel, one vote, but Wild Man less willing to vote.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:54 AM   #128
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Who's in my time zone...

Mac- deadline's noon, right?

Day one votes are always a pot shot anyway.

I know I'll not be voting;

Lariren (newbie)
Kath (no red flags raised at the mo')
Shasta or Nog (I need boys around who think in a more streamlined manner than me)
the phantom (because come day three, I'm going to want a plan from him. )
Bowie or Mac (no warning bells a'ringin')
TGWBWild (he's funny)
B88 (because he tried so hard to give me a filibuster...)
Cailineomer (because it would amuse me if xe was singularly both lovers at once)

Which leaves me with

Sally
Ilya
Brinniel
Gwath
Meneltarmacil
Gollum the Great

I'm tempted to vote Brinn for the whole evil seer/good seer thing in Di's game. But as that doesn't really pertain to this game...

I don't really know.

I'll ponder (and by ponder I mean try to find a pair of great boots online) and come back in a bit.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #129
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Deadline in two man-hour.

Boro make valid point about Sally.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #130
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short View Post
Deadline in two man-hour.
Got it. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #131
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Moddess in need of sal volatile

Nogrod voted? Nogrod voted first? Nogrod voted hours before the deadline....

If he were a horse there would be a stewards enquiry.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #132
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lariren gets the complimentary pass for today, we also serve a complimentary continental breakfast too. There's even waffles!

Every one not named

Mith
Lariren
tgwbs
the phantom
Fea
Menel
Nogrod
Cailin

is eligible for a vote from me. I'm out for lunch and will return before the dead line.

Edit: By eligible I obviously mean "legible," wow that was worse than balogna. And I'm not even sure if that word can be used in the way I'm trying to use it.

Edit 2: Wait scratch that, I do mean "eligible" that is a word, it's one of those that just don't look right.

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-07-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #133
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Garr sorry I'm here only now, my schoolday was insane. I want back on holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
And yes, Scar was super awesome cool.
You're trying to make me not vote you eh?

Also, as for the cobbler, their last night information will be passed to the critics regardless of whether they die today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
the Divo/a doesn't get any special privileges other than immunity to night kills, right?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
It's the Soulmates who I kinda think would have more visible behavior on the thread, and the wolves wouldn't necessarily want to kill one of them because then the other could take revenge.
True but if left alive for too long they might also be dangerous for the wolves. After all they have one fellow innocent to talk to in private, and if they both survive long and come out the village gets two known innocents for one.
However the soulmate role also means that a seeming connection between (living) people doesn't automatically mean they're wolves.

Mith can the cobbler dream of themself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Christopher Lee is possibly my all time favorite villain.
I'm rather excited about the Alice in Wonderland film Tim Burton is making with Christoper Lee and Alan Rickman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Rikae told me to that Aganzir is maybe not trustworthy.
Bah she always suspects me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Mac: Not sure yet. Might be innocent, but I'm pretty sure Rikae is a wolf.
Exactly my thoughts. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Would anyone please act very, very suspicious within the next half hour?
Huh that comment just sent chills down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
What thought process?
And this. I'm getting rather scared of Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Blah, I need to vote in about an hour
Oh Mith is making your deadline earlier and earlier?

So

Guilty
Mac. It's just that those two comments make me feel uneasy.
Nog. I don't know - there's just something I don't like. His question/accusation against Gwath was rather bad. Besides I think it was phrased rather like an accusation, and later he accused Gwath of taking it too seriously. Also I don't like his 'double lynch on day 1 would be riskier for the critics than innocents' logic.

Innocent
tgwbs is listed as innocent because he's too funny to be lynched today.
Boro. He's here for now although my opinion is subject to change if need be.
Gwath. After last game I didn't imagine I'd be doing this, but he looks quite innocent. Besides Nog's question/accusation wasn't the best one I've seen.
Ilya. Doesn't give off any suspicious vibes yet.
Brinn. I'm still somewhat uncertain if I like her but she's on my innocent list for now. At least there hasn't really been anything that I would have disagreed with her on yet.

Neither
phantom. I won't concentrate on him for now.
Gollum
Menel. I'm not that worried but I'm not sure enough to label him as innocent either.
Fea. She hasn't got a role on day one.
Cailíneomer. Amusing for sure though.
sally
Lari
Kath
Shasta
Bowie
. I've been humming Life on Mars? in my head the whole day but I guess it's rather my own fault for coming up with that nickname.

Okay I've read through the thread and am on page four now so let's see.

I think sally is being her normal self (which of course indicates nothing). Usually she doesn't have any real accusations on day one yet.

What about me Fea?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #134
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Haha whatever Nogbod, you just want to vote for me because I finally got to kill you early last game.

Ahem, and back to this one. I've been keeping up with events during the day but haven't really thought about anything properly yet. I'll go read through the thread with a more analytical mind and see if anything pops up.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #135
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
What about me Fea?
I knew I missed somebody when I counted!

I just couldn't figure it out without checking, and I was being a little bit lazy, and (I'm also at work) patrons came in and needed me so I got distracted.

Agan gets a free pass for making me want to sing 'Be Prepared' really loudly.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #136
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
As for who I suspect, I’m going to try to do it sort of in song:

I have confidence in TGWBS
I have confidence in Sally
I have confidence the phantom is entertaining!
As you can see I have no confidence in my parody!

So that being said/sang. I’ll go through the rest:

Ilya – For some reason her post that was slightly confusing about the lovers made me a little suspicious. Of her being what, I’m not sure, but that she does have a more active roll.

Brinniel –Seems innocent to me.

Fea- Admitted to being a wolf, but then said that that would make her not a wolf. Pretty much keeping my eye on her. Could secretly be the diva.

Kath - Have no comment on therefore think is innocent.

Aganzir – No idea there.

Gwath – Is very vocal and slightly defensive about it. Leads me to be slightly suspicious of his intents.

Shasta – I will keep alive because he mentioned Movies in Fifteen Minutes. Therefore is awesome.

Nogrod – Seems to be very observant, gives me the idea that he could possibly be the seer.

Meneltarmacil – I’m suspicious about. For no other real reason than am.

Strongbow - Nothing.

Macalaure – No idea. But I have a feeling I should be suspicious(if only based on the conversations/sigs that I've seen).

Gollum the Great – I wish I could say something but got nothing.

Boro – In another canidate for the seer. But entertaining as well.

Cailineomer – Again no idea.

That’s what I have to say. I leaning towards voting for Ilya for just my suspicions.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #137
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Wild Man make boo-boo. Great Mother-Goddess extent deadline. Ergo, real deadline now little under two man-hour away.

Wild Man make following thought process:

Not vote gollum, for not know him. Not know if quiet is normal. Kill him may waste ordinary life.

Not vote Fea. Appetite for lynch Fea small. Therefore vote waste.

Therefore Wild Man say to self: vote Kath!

Now Kath come. Kath say she post again perhaps. Therefore cannot yet vote Kath.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #138
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Aganzir also make good point about Mac.

Wild Man feel head explode.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #139
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Agan gets a free pass for making me want to sing 'Be Prepared' really loudly.
Now you know how I feel half my life.

Lari a hint - if you think someone is a gifted it's usually good not to say it aloud for the sake of their safety.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #140
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Lariren gets the complimentary pass for today, we also serve a complimentary continental breakfast too. There's even waffles!
I like waffles.

Quote:
Nog. I don't know - there's just something I don't like. His question/accusation against Gwath was rather bad. Besides I think it was phrased rather like an accusation, and later he accused Gwath of taking it too seriously. Also I don't like his 'double lynch on day 1 would be riskier for the critics than innocents' logic.
That's actually a very good point. It would be like the guilty party to want to try to kill more than one innocent on the first day. Now I shall have to rethink my voting(though I haven't actually voted yet).
Old 01-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #141
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Lari a hint - if you think someone is a gifted it's usually good not to say it aloud for the sake of their safety.
Thanks I shall remember that!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #142
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Note re Walter Plinge for agan et alia

The cobbler does not dream he spies. And no he can't spy on himself - he may find out through his spying who the wolves are but the wolves will have to guess. And if he goes the information he holds will not be transmitted becasue he won't be able to make the drop.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #143
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay...

Fea, Nogrod, Mac, and Boro are all up to something. Of course that doesn't mean we should lynch them. They might even be Ordos purposefully looking like they're up to something in order to draw a Night-kill. But then again, perhaps one of them is the deadly Cobbler. And one is a Critic.

But really, I'm not ready to try lynching one of them on Day 1. I want to see more of them, and I want to see who the Critics attempt to kill.

Right now I'm tempted to do a Nogrod and consider voting on principle. I won't be following his vote for Sally though. I very much want to see her live at least two more days. Let her make some accusations and such.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #144
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

In a way I don't know about Mac... Because the scary comments are things I could very well say (and probably have) as an innocent. But they're still so suspicious-looking.

Okay thanks Mith. It would just have been a nice cobbler tactics to spy on her/himself in the beginning and pass the information to the wolves.

edit: xed with phantom
Old 01-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #145
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I despise both of them, but that Sooner should have shut his mouth against UF, Tebow will show him a running QB I fear. I hope OU gets destroyed and Bradford has a horrible game, just so the Lions hopefully won't take him with the 1st pick.
I almost have to vote you for this, Boro. State pride and all that.

*still reading, but thinking of voting for Nogrod based on what he's read so far*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #146
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Just thoughts here...

I was thinking that maybe the Cobbler might want to look like the Divo/Diva in a small way, but obvious enough for a team of Wolves and a couple villagers to spot. Then the Wolves would think, "That's probably the Divo, we don't want to waste a kill there", and the Seer thinks, "That's probably the Divo, I don't want to waste a dream there", and the villagers think, "That's probably the Divo, I definitely don't want to risk lynching him."

Where as the real Divo might think, "They look like they might be hinting they're the Divo. Should I step out? But maybe it's one of the Wolves trying to draw me out. And maybe it's the Seer cleverly looking like the Divo. I'm not sure if I should challenge."

And in the meantime, the Cobbler skates by free through all phases.

And at least one of the Wolves could put on a Divo show as well, in order to avoid lynching. And it wouldn't be the least bit suspicious when they're still alive the next day, because the Wolves can't kill the Divo. And possibly the Seer wouldn't want to spend a dream on them either because why waste a dream on someone who's probably known already?

Yeah... Lots of interesting things could happen here.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #147
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

By the way, I can remember someone talking about the Divo earlier. Why did we decide he should stay hidden?

I mean, it's not like the Wolves can kill him. And if revealed that would keep the baddies from running the little Divo ploys I noted above.

Bleh... I can't think the best now. It's morning. My mind doesn't hit full operation until at least six in the evening.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #148
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Currently suspicious of:

Nogrod, for his really contrived case against me. I'm not going to vote him just yet because of what happened last time we tangled.

Lariren, who says a great deal of nothing (mostly summaries and paraphrases). She is a new player, and so I'm going to need more time to decide whether it's just a natural lack of confidence or something more sinister.

Heck, I've changed my mind.

++Nogrod
Old 01-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #149
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I almost have to vote you for this, Boro. State pride and all that. ~Shasta
Oh just my luck, but my pride's been shattered this year, that should be punishment enough for me.

Quote:
Fea, Nogrod, Mac, and Boro are all up to something.~tp
Of course, if we weren't up to something we'd be doing nothing - correct?

I'm considering giving tgwbs another pass for tomorrow, just for this:
Quote:
Wild Man feel head explode.
This made me choke from laughter on my sub, but that's beside the point. I have always been curious in what a Wild Man's exploding head would look like.

Edit: crossed with tp and gwath

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-07-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #150
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
By the way, I can remember someone talking about the Divo earlier. Why did we decide he should stay hidden?
I don't think there was any decision. But if they stay hidden there's a chance the wolves waste their kill or the cobbler their dream.

I have no idea yet who I'm going to vote.

edit: xed with Boro
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #151
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
By the way, I can remember someone talking about the Divo earlier. Why did we decide he should stay hidden?~tp
I don't think there was any decision - I brought up just an idea of the divo revealing to give us one person we won't have to worry about. And in a cross post Agan and I than both thought the Divo could provide good night protection.

Edit: crossed with Agan, but this time she beat me to the punch - drats!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #152
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

A little code talk...

Try not to take this the wrong way, village. I want to test a theory.

Hey phantom, did you spot that thing in that post of Nog's that I spotted?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #153
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
My world is dust now
And all I loved is dead.
Oh, let me trust now
In what my master said;
"There is a sweetness in every woe."
It must be so. It must be so.
The dawn will find me
Alone in some strange land
But men are kindly; they'll give a helping hand.
So said my master, and he must know;
It must be so, it must be so!

++TGWBS

Will explain on the morrow. Ciao!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #154
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sigh.

++FEANOR

Even if she not wolf, she deserve!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #155
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short View Post
Even if she not wolf, she deserve!
For the code talk? Or just on principle?

About the obscure question- the phantom said something (not actually about Nogrod), and I'm curious to see if I was catching something or if I was making it all up.

So phantom - that thing you said. Did you mean it? Do you know what I'm talking about? Should I just shut up and hibernate and pretend it's not sleeting?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #156
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Fea- yes I did.

And as far as that thing I said, I can't recall it. I shall look back and see if I can figure what you mean.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #157
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Okay. Not to rush you, but can you hurry? I trust your judgment on this one, even if you can't figure out what I'm talking about, and I'd like to hear what you have to say before it's time to vote.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #158
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right. When you say "that thing you said"... I'm wondering which thing you caught. I've said several things. Was my comment latching onto something someone else said, or was it a stand alone comment, or was it latched onto by someone else later, or was it spoken directly to someone? Which of those four?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #159
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
For the code talk? Or just on principle?
Both, plus logic.

Lynch not-Fea (possible Kath)
Best case scenario: not-Fea critic. Worst case scenario: not-Fea innocent. Remove potential helpful input.

Lynch Fea
Best case scenario: Fea critic. Worst case scenario: Fea innocent. Remove headache.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #160
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
All right. When you say "that thing you said"... I'm wondering which thing you caught. I've said several things. Was my comment latching onto something someone else said, or was it a stand alone comment, or was it latched onto by someone else later, or was it spoken directly to someone? Which of those four?
Once was a stand alone comment. With what I'm thinking was a play on words. The second time was... spoken directly. The two comments were *eyebrow raised* about the same. And I'm just wondering if there's good reason for me to act on what I thought I saw in them-

But I want to make sure there was actually something I was seeing, and that I wasn't imagining it based on who I think is what. You know?