The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
White Tree Impromptu tour of the British Isles

Hi everyone,

I realized recently that I need a break from life (and also have some work in London that needs to be taken care of), and am flying over to Albion on the 24th and staying, at the very least, until May 9th.

I have no idea where I'm staying yet (maybe with friends, maybe in hostels), but I'd love to be able to have beer/tea/soy latte/whatever it is that's in vogue these days, with at least one or two of you who are in Britain, and talk about Tolkien and other great writers.

I fully plan on getting out of London for at least a few days. I'd like to see Oxford again, and I want to see Cambridge, and I've realized that I've half a mind to go up to Scotland if time and money permit. Or I might go elsewhere. I really don't know.

All I have is a plane ticket. The rest is a mystery.

The new Star Trek film is premiering on the 8th, and I want to be in the city for that - my boyfriend has work in the area and plans to fly in and see it with me (cue Weird Al's "White & Nerdy"), but that's really the only event I have on my schedule - aside from boyfriend's birthday, which is on the 6th of May. Otherwise I'm free as a bird.

On the other hand, I know I haven't really been a very good member of this place for a long time - I haven't participated much, I haven't contributed much that is of substance, and I believe that at least half of you have no idea who I am to begin with.

So please feel free to disregard.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Pipe

I don't know if you can fit any of us into that highly detailed and rigid itinerary, but I'm up for another Downs meeting. I haven't been to one since Oxonmoot last year. Anyone fancy making a party of it?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
Rumil
Sage & Onions

Rumil has been trapped in the Barrow!
Eye Brumtastic

Hi Lush & Squatter,

If you're planning to be around the Midlands send me a mail, be great to meet up for a cuppa. Do you know I've been in Birmingham nearly 10 years and still haven't got to Sarehole yet! Shocking.

Rumil
Old 04-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Lushus, we can has piktures of ur histeric okashun wif Sq an Rum? ktksbai! Befberie.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
Lush
Fair and Cold

Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
White Tree

You can has!

Squa and I have been discussing this off-Downs, so as not to flood everyone with details and my fears regarding a shirtless Devon Sawa (don't ask...), but as soon as plans start taking shape, there will be an update. Rumil, it would be wonderful to see you.

I'm running in the Dead Sea marathon tomorrow (am doing half), so I just hope that I don't ruin everything by dying.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:19 AM   #6
Lush
Fair and Cold

Yay!

All details of historic meeting over bank holiday weekend are here - at the appropriate thread.