The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #81
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Are we not forgetting Infoleatheriel lesser known sister of Beruthiel who loathed cats but who bred dogs and possibly wore tweed and sensible shoes?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #82
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
There is a vague sense that there might be some profundity in there if you ran it through Googletranslate a few times... but the screen name suggests Spam.
It looks like somehting one of those can spit out. But my faith in Google Translate is not that high either...
Old 09-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #83
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"We mankind? Or we dance? My login information is vital, my hands are cold, I was looking for answers on your knees"

"Please go back and do it fast, the race also said a strong sense for the war, but the bread was intelligent, understanding of wealth, not only men also for people skills; But time and chance happeneth

This war must be that we can protect the destroyer, will eat the whole life of the building, but I don't like the definition for your own glory speed Warrior arrow lightsaber. Just love the protection"

Or not-that is the question: it is or the whip and fate in the heart or the problems at sea, and at the end of his weapons, theatre"

Oh Galadriel, what have you done..... at least you have got me over my 8K post angst. The first is my sig... kudos to anyone who can identify the others...

Old 09-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #84
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
8K......wow. Congrats, Mama Wolf! *hugs*

The last bit sounds a bit like the ever so famous "to be or not to be". Least of all when I put the first couple sentences of the soliloquy into the translator it gave me a few similar words...
Old 09-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #85
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I'm sure you're right, G55.

And I believe the second one (after Mith's translated sig) is from Ecclesiates –"the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" etc. No idea about the next.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #86
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

So far so right (very impressed and I shall bake cyber cake for you in the morning) . The second is much harder but on the Desert Island discs principle of Bible, Shakespeare, one other work it is Tolkien.. despite the light sabre..how in Arda did that get there?

Old 09-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #87
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
So far so right (very impressed and I shall bake cyber cake for you in the morning) . The second is much harder but on the Desert Island discs principle of Bible, Shakespeare, one other work it is Tolkien.. despite the light sabre..how in Arda did that get there?
Aha! It's Faramir to Frodo, isn't it?

"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #88
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sting

Oh, and "lightsaber" = "bright sword". Can't really argue with that...
Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #89
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

By the way:

"The same one Nerwen is not diabolic in the principle. " –Helmet.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #90
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Nerwen - you are a very scary lady! And snork. Yes it was just the way a different fantasy universe became the first option seemed quite surreal.. and the stream of nouns seemed as if it was beginning to panic...Anyway lots of kudos and cake for the ladies of Lorien.... lemon drizzle, Lamingtons... maybe something else..

Old 09-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #91
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
What post am I on? I don't really notice or care, but the people who do get a present. Here it is:
Old 09-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #92
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva View Post
What post am I on? I don't really notice or care, but the people who do get a present. Here it is:
MCR, you're about to hit 200!!! Don't spend it on "Haha, that was funny" - or something along the lines of; write a good post and add on the bottom that it's your 200th. Please?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #93
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Pipe

I got my two-thousandth post up not long ago and didn't notice for about two days. I can't help feeling that if you take the same trouble over each one you'll automatically not waste those that happen to put lots of zeroes into your post count. There are so many things on the internet that are potential sources of angst; why make more?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #94
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Goodness, I made it all the way to 2000 posts a while ago, but it sort of passed me by. Now I have hundred of posts to go until the next milestone. I don't think that I am to 2222 yet, that will be fun.

EDIT: Now I have reached 2222 posts, and passed it.

Last edited by TheGreatElvenWarrior; 01-17-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: 2222th!
TheGreatElvenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote