The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #561
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Granted. But then they cause so much trouble (mainly because they themselves keep arguing and ending up with duels that destroy the house where they live). During the Council of Elrond, they get stuck in an argument and destroy the long table, much to Elrond's annoyance. "My children have never caused such trouble, not the twins, nor Arwen, nor my adopted Estel!" Nice work, you.

I wish Feanor made four Silmarils.

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #562
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindale View Post
I wish Feanor made four Silmarils.
Granted.

But unfortunately, the Silmarils were fought over more. This meant that seven eights of the population of Beleriand were wiped out, including Galadriel and Celeborn. Which means, that the Fellowship were captured after they left Moria because there wasn't a Lothlorien to go into, Sauron gets the Ring, and the entire obliteration of Arda. Good going.

I wish that Frodo died in Shelob's Lair.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #563
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior
I wish that Frodo died in Shelob's Lair.
Your wish is granted.

Frodo dies in Shelob's Lair, but not before imparting to Shelob his dying wish - for her to take up his mantel and bring the Ring to the Cracks of Doom. After hearing this unusually altruistic request, Shelob decides to give it a go and fulfils Frodo's quest. Unfortunately, the Eagles had a very hard time carrying her out of Mordor - they dropped her several times - and everybody threw rocks at her when she came to Gondor. Infuriated, our heroine scuttled back to her lair, from which she launched her reign of terror that destroyed most of the west of Middle Earth.

I wish that Treebeard had joined the fellowship in Rivendell.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #564
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Granted.

But Treebeard moved so slow, the Fellowship barely made it pass Caradhras. They all froze there, including Legolas with his nimble feet. Good work, you. Because the Ring also got stuck in the snows of Caradhras, and during that Age of the world it was never found again. (The world by the way also got stuck in the Third Age, because the Elven-Rings stayed on. Until global warming happened so many eons later.)

I wish Gollum didn't eat raw food.

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #565
Finrod Felagund
Haunting Spirit

Finrod Felagund has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindale View Post
Granted.

But Treebeard moved so slow, the Fellowship barely made it pass Caradhras. They all froze there, including Legolas with his nimble feet. Good work, you. Because the Ring also got stuck in the snows of Caradhras, and during that Age of the world it was never found again. (The world by the way also got stuck in the Third Age, because the Elven-Rings stayed on. Until global warming happened so many eons later.)

I wish Gollum didn't eat raw food.
Granted. Gollum discovered fire and began to evolve and started to eat Foie Gras.

I wish Wormtongue had a better pair of eyes so he can throw the Palantir of Orthanc better.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #566
morwen edhelwen
Haunting Spirit

morwen edhelwen has just left Hobbiton.
This thread still active?

Oh.. um... well... I wish I could see what would've happened if Firiel stepped out of the mud and sailed away to Aman!
morwen edhelwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #567
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

You can revive whatever thread you choose to whenever you choose to if it is not closed for posting, morwen. Though with this thread you have to grant the wish to the poster above you before you can wish something. So you might consider doing that too.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #568
morwen edhelwen
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod Felagund View Post
Granted. Gollum discovered fire and began to evolve and started to eat Foie Gras.

I wish Wormtongue had a better pair of eyes so he can throw the Palantir of Orthanc better.
OK he has good eyes... but he becomes obsessed with the Ring, becomes the new Dark Lord, and forcibly marries Eowyn. Now I wish Firiel had stepped out of the mud and sailed to Aman.

Last edited by morwen edhelwen; 08-26-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:17 AM   #569
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by morwen edhelwen View Post
OK he has good eyes... but he becomes obsessed with the Ring, becomes the new Dark Lord, and forcibly marries Eowyn. Now I wish Firiel had stepped out of the mud and sailed to Aman.
Granted. However, there was a misunderstanding and she sailed to a man. A man called Boris. And they drank ale together until they both got drunk and killed each other in a hilarious duel involving kites and a kitchen roll.

I wish the Barrow Wight had become good and joined the Hobbits on their quest!

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 08-27-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #570
morwen edhelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sorry, but, Hookbill.. but, um.. I think you meant "she" didn't you? -Morwen.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:37 AM   #571
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Sorry, but, Hookbill.. but, um.. I think you meant "she" didn't you? -Morwen.
Yeah, sorry. It's early in the morning.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:41 AM   #572
morwen edhelwen
Haunting Spirit

I guess you're American/Canadian? Anyway, your consequence is hilarious!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:44 AM   #573
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
I guess you're American/Canadian? Anyway, your consequence is hilarious!
Nope, British. And yes, 8am IS early.
Let's get back on topic...
Old 08-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #574
morwen edhelwen
Haunting Spirit

Granted! The Barrow-wright becomes good, but eventually takes on Boromir's role at Amon Hen, trying to take the Ring from Frodo. It tags on to Mount Doom with Frodo and Sam, but gets into conflict with Gollum over the "preciousssss."

Last edited by morwen edhelwen; 08-27-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:21 AM   #575
Finrod Felagund
Haunting Spirit

Finrod Felagund has just left Hobbiton.
No wish?

I wish Glorfindel joined the Fellowship.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:08 AM   #576
morwen edhelwen
Haunting Spirit

Finrod, I already made a wish on the post directly above Hookbill's.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #577
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post

I wish Peter Jackson didn't kill Haldir and the Two Toweres movie.
Your wish is granted, but now the movie is 5 and a half hours long and no one at all wants to watch it.

I wish I was Galadriel
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #578
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
You're wish is granted

But now you're pestered by pesky hobbits asking to be shown elvish magic...

I wish I went with the Fellowship instead of Boromir

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #579
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Wish granted!

But alas! This story needs a flawed hero. . . and your life ends brutaly when an ax is embedded in your back, as you in the midst of night try to run away with Gimli's right slipper. No one knows exactly why you where fataly attracted to it, but it was clear that something wasn't right when you after a long day of walking offered to help Gimli with his footwear.

I wish I lived in Edoras.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #580
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post

I wish I lived in Edoras.
Surely, you are transferred to Edoras in an instant... but what with modern clothes, zip fasteners, mobile phone and other gadgets, Riders take you to be a spy or some new kind of ork or maybe an evil wizard, whatever, so your sojourn there is short....

I wish I had mithril chainmail

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #581
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerenIstarion View Post
I wish I had mithril chainmail
Granted.
However, it's far too small for you and no one believes you when you claim it's mithril. Eventually, your claims cause some concerned relative has you taken to a mental hospital and the mithril chainmail is melted down and fed to starving dogs who then die. The ghosts of the dogs then haunt you for the rest of your life, meaning you're never released from the mental hospital. Eventually, you carve a picture of dogs and dwarves with a knife in your stomach.

I wish Orcs had a more organised worker's Union.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #582
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post

I wish Orcs had a more organised worker's Union.

Granted.

However, given this was your wish, when it comes time for the Orcs to pay their union dues to Saruman and they haven't the currency to pay him, a whole angered and jobless army of Orcs come searching for you with any and all weapons they managed to sneak away with. The entire lot of them are seen charging towards your home, enraged, and sadly within a few moments leave no survivors behind.

I wish I lived in Rivendell.

(Am new to this, so if I've done something wrong, please let me know. )
~|And all will turn, to silver glass. A light on the water, Grey ships pass, Into the West. |~ "Few now remember them...yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folks that are heedless."
xMellrynxMaidenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #583
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Have it your way! However, all the Elves eventually sail west to Valinor, and you are left all alone. You feel so lonely that you jump off a cliff.

I wish Treebeard didn't let Saruman get out of Ortchank (apologies if the spelling is incorrect.)
Old 10-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #584
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Saruman dies in Orthanc, but the scene is cut, and everyone agrees that it was two poor decisions in a row. Also, as a result with a causality line too long to trace, Treebeard bursts into flames which he is able to put out, but not before it spreads to Merry and Pippin, killing them.

I wish that Eowyn fell in love with (and subsequently married) Gollum.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #585
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Granted! Eowyn marries Gollum, but seeing as she is noble and proud, she is disgusted by her husband, and murders his, and then commits suicide, because she can't stand the shame of admitting what she's done. The consequences are that the chief Nazgul destroys Minas Tirith and Frodo becomes the new Lord of the Rings, because Gollum isn't there to bite the ring off...

I wish Lobelia would give Frodo back the silver cutlery that she took from the bag under the hill during Bilbo's absence...That would make the ending even better.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:09 AM   #586
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

It's been a week and no one posted here. I guess the last one was too complicated. So if no one wants to answer, I gues you can post a different question
Old 10-29-2010, 05:40 AM   #587
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I wish Lobelia would give Frodo back the silver cutlery that she took from the bag under the hill during Bilbo's absence...That would make the ending even better.
Granted, but the cutlery has now given its allegiance over to Lobelia, so it won't work properly for Frodo. He gets so frustrated with his spoons refusal to hold his soup that he hurls the whole set out of the window. The knives and forks tumble down the hill and stab Sam in the eyes. Blinded, he falls onto the Gaffer, who throws up all over Ted Sandyman resulting in him being released from years a bile build up. This means he never goes along with Saruman's plans, which causes Saruman to escalate his oppression of the Hobbits, leaving the Shire a smoking crater after he blows it up with magic.
I hope you're happy.

I wish Bilbo could have thought of better riddles with Gollum.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #588
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
I wish Bilbo could have thought of better riddles with Gollum.
Granted. Unfortunately, Bilbo's 'better' riddles were also more challenging, thus making Gollum take long and using more brain power than he would if he was answering simpler riddles. Because of this Gollum decides to eat Bilbo. Gollum threw the bones and clothes away, making it easier for the goblins to find Bilbo's remains. They find the Ring and give it to Sauron. And there went Middle-earth. Good job, Hook.

I wish that the Ents and the Entwives could have met up in the Shire.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #589
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

All right, they will. But they scare the living daylights out of all hobbits except for Sam, Pippin, and Merry, who are considered to be traitors, because of their friendship with Treebeard who comes by as well. The result is that the hobbits lock the three up in a cellar to starve to death and leave Shire forever. They, of course, will find shelter in the rebuilt kindom of Arnor, but they won't listen to Aragorn who tells them that Ents are OK and that hobbits can safely go back to Shire. Hobbits feel very uncofortable aongst men, so many leave to look for better places and get lost. Soon after the race of hobbits becomes extinct.
You had it your way.

I wish Grima hit Saruman with the Palanthir that he threw out of the window.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #590
morwen edhelwen
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
All right, they will. But they scare the living daylights out of all hobbits except for Sam, Pippin, and Merry, who are considered to be traitors, because of their friendship with Treebeard who comes by as well. The result is that the hobbits lock the three up in a cellar to starve to death and leave Shire forever. They, of course, will find shelter in the rebuilt kindom of Arnor, but they won't listen to Aragorn who tells them that Ents are OK and that hobbits can safely go back to Shire. Hobbits feel very uncofortable aongst men, so many leave to look for better places and get lost. Soon after the race of hobbits becomes extinct.
You had it your way.

I wish Grima hit Saruman with the Palanthir that he threw out of the window.
He does, but Saruman tortures him for eternity as punishment and turns Rohan into what the Shire was like in the Scouring of the Shire.

I wish that the four hobbits were raised by Gandalf.

Last edited by morwen edhelwen; 10-23-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #591
Unforgiven
Animated Skeleton

Unforgiven has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Quote:

I wish that the four hobbits were raised by Gandalf.
He did, and now he wants to make the world a hobbits only place... preparing for the inevitable war with mankind.

I wish Tolkien would have written the Star Wars movies.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #592
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I wish Tolkien would have written the Star Wars movies.
Granted, but they turn out to be 14 hours long each and largely focussed on the linguistic differences of each planet.

I wish Thranduil had invited the dwarves to his party.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #593
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I wish Thranduil had invited the dwarves to his party.
Have it your way! The hungry Dwarves quickly devour all the food, so the Elves have to go home hungry and miserable. And this sparks afresh the hostilities between Elves and Dwarves.

I wish hobbits were taller.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #594
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I wish hobbits were taller.
As you wish! The hobbits were all the height of Men, and differentiated only by their unusual feet. Sadly, this made Bilbo impossible to carry from the caves of the goblins, and so, he was eaten without ever finding the ring, which was eventually found by the Nazgul, who helped Sauron destroy Middle Earth. I hope you're proud of yourself.

I wish Frodo had not been stabbed upon Weathertop when the campsite was attacked.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #595
Unforgiven
Animated Skeleton

Unforgiven has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva View Post

I wish Frodo had not been stabbed upon Weathertop when the campsite was attacked.

He hadn’t. Instead the Nazgul stabbed Sam, he deflated like a balloon and was mistaken for Gollum. Gandalf drove him away and Frodo had to run around Mordor all-alone at the mercy of the real Gollum.

I wish Eowyn had an evil twin sister.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #596
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I wish Eowyn had an evil twin sister.
Granted! The evil twin sister discovers Eowyn's secret before she leaves and holds her back in Rohan by force, so there is no one to kill the Witch-King and Sauron defeats Gondor in battle.

I wish Maedhros did not commit suicide
Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #597
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I wish Maedhros did not commit suicide
Granted! He was brutally murdered instead, and suffered much pain for a very long time. The killer was never identified or found.

I wish Aragorn was more attractive, despite his time in the wild.