The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 03:08 AM   #521
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Yes it was very well played game and I had lots of fun playing it, I was sad to see Kent go so early in the game, it would have been interesting having him around in the later stages.

I almost did not protect Nogrod the second time around, I thought that maybe the wraiths would go for another person in order not to waste a kill.

Actually I almost did not protect Nogrod when he first revealed him self as the seer, simply because I was not arround to see it. I was just about to send in my choice to Lommy, when i decided to have a quick look at the thread and even here it was only because Nogrod had adressed his post to the ranger that i noticed.

I thought that Lhuna and Legate was brilliant wraiths, Legate seemed like his normal innocent self and Lhuna was impossible to get a proper read on.
Sally was spectacular as always and Eönwë mannaged to keep him self alive for quite alive. (I did get a wraith feel from him though)

And I do appologise to Isabel for suspecting her, my case was very weak.

Oh and Lhuna, you are no adulteress, your husband was long dead. . .

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:02 AM   #522
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Bless you for that!
That won't bring me back to life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
Don't be, I got a real good dose of WW my first game, now it's all fair game.
All right, good then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I thought that Lhuna and Legate was brilliant wraiths, Legate seemed like his normal innocent self and Lhuna was impossible to get a proper read on.
Thank you, sir. You've also done a good job. And you certainly managed to avoid being killed by us (although we have been thinking about it on the very first Night, unless I am mistaken... oh, what a fault again).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #523
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ah, yes. What a brilliant game!

Everyone played really we,, and for once there was a trust between you ordos and gifteds, and it worked out for you. Once Lhuna had revealed, I knew that I would end up dead that Day, and just before the end I decided to try one last time.

And now, I'm probably known for my crazy theories, and even crazier plans as a wolf (Legate will support me on this one).

Anyway, yes. Nice game. Well played, innocents, and great narrations Lommy.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:06 AM   #524
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Narya Final Narration

In the morning, Shasta, Nerwen, Wilwa and Brinn met in the corridor. It did not take them long to figure out what had happened, but they went to Nienna's room just to confirm it. They found the pirate lying on the floor, an elaborate cloak and a beautiful dress beside her, all bloodtsianed. And then there was the long pale sword and Nienna's curved dagger.

They stood there in a solemn silence for a while.
"Alas poor Nienna," quoth King Shastanis and knelt to close her eyes.
"Where now is the Lord Thinroz, for I much desire to speak with him..." wondered Nerwen, his Queen.
"I suspect he is downstairs. We might have to have a word with him," Wilwarin the Sorceress said, moving Nienna's silken blanket to cover her body with one wave of her hand.
Lady Brinniel looked at the three in disbelief. "Don't you realise? It's over! No one's going to be killed anymore, there were only four of these beasts and now they're all gone!"
Slowly, smile crept to the others' faces.
"But we still should have a word with our host," Nerwen said.
The others agreed, so they went downstairs.

They found Lord Thinroz sitting on one of the chairs around the round table, seemingly buried deep in thought.
"We bring you good news!" said Wilwarin. "The last of the murderers was killed in the night by the brave hunter Nienna, who sadly also perished in the fight."
Lord Thinroz looked at her, then nodded slowly. "And when is my Lommy coming back? She wanted to show me the new Haradian dance her dolls had just learned..."
The guests exchanged glances. After a while, lady Brinniel spoke. "Lord, she is not coming back. But some day, you will go to her and then she may show you how her dolls dance." She gave the old man a gentle smile.
"Oh well," said Lord Thinroz. "I suppose so." Then he threw a sharp glance at his guests. "We aren't going to continue any negotiations, are we?"
The guests exchanged glances again, this time rather susprised.
"I reckon it is not wise as our numbers are greatly diminished," Queen Nerwen said after a while.
"Yes... our ships will be here in a few days and they're going to take us home, to the sea," agreed King Shasta.
"Home..." Lord Thinroz repeated, shaking his head slowly.

~*~

Five days later, four ships arrived to the empty port of the Isle of the Dead to take the guests home. Shasta and Nerwen's crew greeted them with great joy and they soon started making all kinds of plans of new adventures and world domination.

Brinniel
and Wilwarin, however, declined the invitation to step onboard, either on their own ships or to have party with Shasta and Nerwen and their crew.
"We have made a deal," Brinniel explained. "We will stay on this island and take care of Lord Thinroz in his last days. I pity the old man..."
"And then I will use my powers to change this place a little prettier, a ragged and rocky place like this won't do. I don't want to rule a place like this," Wilwarin echoed.
Brinn giggled. "Err yes once he's gone we will take care of this little island and arrange parties in this charming villa and all sorts of fun stuff."
Wilwarin nodded. "And then this shall not be called the Isle of the Dead but the Isle of the Living."

~*~

At the same time, the Dark Lord sat on his throne, four pleading servants at his feet. Let them plead and apologise, it amused him. And of course he would have to punish them for failing their mission, they should learn not to disappoint him. He hid his smile from the four for he was in fact pleased. He saw potential in these four and they were now, without bodily form and deeply fearing his anger, totally his to shape as he would. With these four and some others, he would soon rule all of Middle-Earth by terror and destruction.

~THE END~
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #525
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
*bump*

sally, how about those Night PMs and chats?

(Although you could probably leave out the bit where the guys try to get us to go to sleep. )
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #526
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
sally, how about those Night PMs and chats?

(Although you could probably leave out the bit where the guys try to get us to go to sleep. )
Oh no, you can't.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #527
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Oh no, you can't.
Believe me, it's for your own sanity.

Oh wait. Is anyone even sane here?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #528
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Believe me, it's for your own sanity.

Oh wait. Is anyone even sane here?
Nope.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #529
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Brinniel and Wilwarin, however, declined the invitation to step onboard, either on their own ships or to have party with Shasta and Nerwen and their crew.
"We have made a deal," Brinniel explained. "We will stay on this island and take care of Lord Thinroz in his last days. I pity the old man..."
"And then I will use my powers to change this place a little prettier, a ragged and rocky place like this won't do. I don't want to rule a place like this," Wilwarin echoed.
Brinn giggled. "Err yes once he's gone we will take care of this little island and arrange parties in this charming villa and all sorts of fun stuff."
Wilwarin nodded. "And then this shall not be called the Isle of the Dead but the Isle of the Living."
Yay Brinn, we get to make a Middle-Earth version of a night club!!! How exciting! Party time!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #530
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Meep, too right, Lhuna! I'll look through my IM logs. And of course I'm going to put up the 'go to bed' bit. It's hilarious!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #531
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Meep, too right, Lhuna! I'll look through my IM logs. And of course I'm going to put up the 'go to bed' bit. It's hilarious!
GAH.

I think Legate might have other complete ones, too. After all, they were still chatting for at least a bit after they finally succeeded in getting us to sleep.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #532
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Don't remind me of the shameful incident when I broke my modly principles!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #533
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
I was actually thinking of getting sally to post HER conversation with you while I post ours.

Whoops. Sorry Legate and Eönwë. We lied.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #534
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Quote:
Whoops. Sorry Legate and Eönwë. We lied.
Oh NO! Horrible!!! How shameful!!!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #535
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

*giggles*

I always like it when my players do what I tell them to do.

But anyway, ringwraithsies, if you have any interesting discussions you wish to share, go on.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #536
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I always like it when my players do what I tell them to do.
You disgustingly manipulative person!

But hey, yes, sally - could you please post the discussions (as well as the PMs)... I have them too, but 1) I don't have all of them, 2) I am too lazy to dig them up anyway
Old 05-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #537
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
But anyway, ringwraithsies, if you have any interesting discussions you wish to share, go on.
No. Nothing interesting.

*shuts up*
Old 05-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #538
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
2) I am too lazy to dig them up anyway
And you gave us hell for procrastinating on sleep.