The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #161
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Now I can tell you I'm the hunter. trying to think if I should say my target because if it's wrong and the baddies team up...
Old 01-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #162
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Hmm. Yes, well, care to elaborate what exactly you think about it, then?
I got the impression BG thought G55 looked more gifted than hackery. She said G55 was something (including hacker) but the way I read her posts she seemed more convinced of a gifted role. Now when G55 makes a reveal BG asks why we should trust her.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #163
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Now I can tell you I'm the hunter. trying to think if I should say my target because if it's wrong and the baddies team up...
Well, you and G55 wouldn't both pull a false reveal...right?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #164
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Shasta's sig...

I didn't even notice part of it was Boro's... typical; Morsul fail all around on that one.
True, actually, not as much fail. Quite interesting, in fact. I was typically blindly dismissing that as banter, but... might it have some relevance? Such as, a signal? (To expected Wolves? Assuming there would be two?) And then in the light of this, the interesting dicussion that took place prior to that, namely,

(start of the game, a few people post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I am a wolf.
Her first post - aka, "I am a Cobbler" (messing around)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
If we can believe the narrations, there's a TomBot and a LucyBot, meaning there's two bad guys. However, we have a fair amount of people, so I wonder if we couldn't expect three? I'm inclined to think, with eleven people, three baddies might be a bit harsh (they'd only have to survive two lynches), so I'm going to operate, at least for now, on the assumption that we have two baddies.
Shasta mentioned two baddies... He did not really get much involved with G55 from his side, but maybe G55 as Hacker just might have thought him to be one, or just tested, anyway, and assumed that there would be two later, if Shasta were one of them, and telling the truth? (Though why would he? Anyway, this is not relevant, this is just to illustrate G55 if she were a Hacker's mind processes for her to come to the conclusion below.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'd rather we have wolves. Spambots are nasty business. Years I've spent honing my wolf lynching skills, only to now have spammers. How do you even begin finding the bots?
Now actually I could see it as Wolf-reply to Hacker, in this light.
Quote:
go to this site its great for finding bots the best out there completely free I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective only 2.99 if you buy today
So, then this could be the Hacker testing the water for two assumed Wolves? (Quoting the sigs of two she thinks might be WWs, so as to let them know, or perhaps seek confirmation?)

But this really seems to me like such a wild theory (and really such a wild progress from the Hacker and Wolves, or at least one Wolf, if Boro was so) that I would not have believed it just from scratch.

Anyway, all of this is pure mind exercise until G55 actually comes back. Personally, even though all the above really looks suspicious, I would suggest following with what G55 says. I am most curious whom she is going to name as innocents, most of all.

EDIT: x-ed since my last
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #165
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Oh my!!! No, please! Not again! Okay, well, fair enough. I sincerely don't think this would be a fake reveal, because I see no logic for a Wolf doing so. Anyway though. Not very wise, truth be told, but if we can rule you out from voting, fine. But I suggest not saying target aloud, because then the WWs will know whether they can target you or not. While other people would not! So please be so kind and stay silent!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #166
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I just read through all of G55's posts on the first 3 pages. Okay, she's said she was the seer twice and a wolf 1 1/2 times and maybe even the cobbler (because she does what she says someone else does). When I call her a seer she admits to being the seer, then get's protective, and then gets mad. Then her next two double posts she tries to chew me up and admits to being angry at my post.

Quote:
I am a wolf.
Quote:
Alright. I am the Seer.

Is that true, considering that just yesterDay I revealed as a wolf the exact same way? Are you going to believe me?

The answer, by the way, is supposed to be: NO, even regardless of what I said yesterDay. Incidentally, I am also the Ranger, Cobbler, and Ordo. All at once. Maybe a bit of Hunter as well. Don't be surprised.
Quote:
Just watch me. Next time I'm a wolf I will reveal myself and maybe even my mates in the first post. Mark these words, you have it coming. What you won't know is if I'm actually a wolf or just messing with your head.
I was bored of making joke suspicion lists. This is much more interesting. And I'm definitely up to something. *licks cyberchops*
That aside, if you two are still around now I don't mind a cyber chat... Let me just go find something to say.
Quote:
Hey, last game I played in the cobbler inserted the phrase similar to "I'm a cobbler! Don't kill me!" into his post and just masked it in the context. With a cobbler, go figure what's a hint and what is simple conversation. On the bright side, the wolves have no advantage over the innocents in this, so everyone is on even ground when looking at a potential cobbler/hacker hint.
You're right, G55, I don't believe you. If you didn't say anything at all I would still be thinking you are the seer but now I'm truly not sure. The only way we could find out would be to lynch you, and we couldn't take the chance at this point that you might really be the seer and not just a wolf trying to help another wolf by taking the attention off of them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a look at Morsul's posts because he was the almost-lynchee.

Edit: x-ed with a LOT of people...

Edited again for misspellings and added some stuff to avoid confusion.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 01-08-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #167
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Oh my!!! No, please! Not again! Okay, well, fair enough. I sincerely don't think this would be a fake reveal, because I see no logic for a Wolf doing so. Anyway though. Not very wise, truth be told, but if we can rule you out from voting, fine. But I suggest not saying target aloud, because then the WWs will know whether they can target you or not. While other people would not! So please be so kind and stay silent!
my thoughts as well.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #168
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
my thoughts as well.
Fair enough (and sorry for the outburst, I guess I should go to sleep anyway, this is getting too dramatic for me). Basically now, after checking stuff, and also what's been happening lately, I have several basic possibilities in my head...

I think Morsul looks genuine and innocent and Kitanna looks likewise pretty much innocent.

I am wary of BG, also of Boro and similarly about G55.

Also, now the idea about Hacker-fake-Seer reveal seems to start sounding plausible. But I am certainly really so much waiting for what G55 says. Until then, I am not saying either-or as to her reveal.

And I have no idea about Shasta. I would seriously like to see more from him. (Also from BG, but she's really hard to read for me.)

Anyway, if people vote, I must strongly underline that all innocents should try to vote for the same person, preferrably. I am sort of unsure whether, if e.g. it turns out G55 was a baddie (that is, for certain - for instance, if there was a counter-claim), therefore likely a Hacker (I really don't believe a Wolf would come out with fake-reveal at this point), whether people should vote for the Hacker, but maybe rather yes, because after all it's about numbers, and there would probably be at least some general directions towards who might be the Wolf and might be caught in further Days.

I will go soon. Then I will appear later... before DL. I am a bit afraid many of you would have voted by then. But if we can, let's wait for what G55 says.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #169
Kitanna
Child of the West

If G55 is seer – She provides us with two innocents so we can better focus our efforts. With no Ranger however she becomes fodder tonight, but she at least helps us not lynch two innocents. But hacker shows up as innocent, so keep that in mind.
If G55 is a bot – She puts in confusion. Though say the real seer is killed without revealing we at least have an easy bot lynch. Or say we lynch G55 to test her reveal and she’s revealed a bot. The two “innocents” she give us add more confusion as we argue about “did she label her other mate(s) or did she distance herself?”
If G55 is a hacker – I’m at work, so excuse this stupid question, (I’ve wasted more time my work day than I should have trying to decide how to take these reveals o_O ) if the hacker is attacked by bots does she/he die or become one? I guess in either scenario the hacker is likely to die pretty quickly. Either lynched for a false reveal or murdered by bots.

If Morsul is the hunter – Probably attacked by bots (after G55 should she be the seer) and takes someone down, hopefully a bot.
If Morsul is a bot - Lynched for a false reveal if real hunter comes forward or dies.
If Morsul is the hacker – Same question/scenario as G55.
I’m inclined to believe Morsul is the hunter because the hunter’s role is to die and hopefully bring down a bot in the process. If I was going to false reveal this would be my last choice because death essentially follows you whatever you do.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #170
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Guys, I haven't read any of the day's things. I'll try in a moment, but I've been getting redirected all day. This is my first time on the site today, so please bear with me.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #171
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
That's been my sig since around 2010 and sarcasm pointeing to our (US) national elections. It's not about this spamming apocalypse, nor WW at all.

I suppose G55 would try to use someone sig to drop a hint, but on my end, my sig has nothing to do with any hinting.

Quote:
go to this site its great for finding bots the best out there completely free I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective only 2.99 if you buy today~G55
I read this as "I'm intentionally going out of my way to look hackery" but being early Day 1 didn't know if G55 was having bantery fun, or was actually being rather blatant in "Yes. I'm the hacker."

Quote:
Didn't you once false reveal as the ranger and get the real ranger lynched? Thus meaning reveals must now always be taken with a grain of salt since there's baddies everywhere.~Kitanna
I did. That was crazy. Poor Shasta.

From the looks of it, it makes sense if G55 is the real seer and has some names to clear to reveal when she did. But it also makes sense for the hacker to fake reveal as the seer considering the timing and dire need to get a wolf...and thinking by sacrificing now might as well try to draw the real seer out too. If it's the latter, as I said, I'm going to be kicking myself for not being more active to get rid of the hacker sooner since you think you know who it is...

Quote:
Oh my!!! No, please! Not again! Okay, well, fair enough. I sincerely don't think this would be a fake reveal, because I see no logic for a Wolf doing so. Anyway though. Not very wise, truth be told, but if we can rule you out from voting, fine. But I suggest not saying target aloud, because then the WWs will know whether they can target you or not. While other people would not! So please be so kind and stay silent!~Legate
I buy Morsul's reveal more than I'm buying G55's. I just wish Morsul would have waited to see what names G55 provides...but we need to lynch a bot today and so the more names I can narrow down the better.

G55
BG
Legate
Shasta
Kitanna
Old 01-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #172
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Current Living:
Galadriel55
Legate
Kitanna
Boromir88
Blind Guardian
Morsul the Dark
Shasta

Current Dead:
Coppermirror, Lommy– seized by Adult Friend Finder.
Nerwen, Aganzir– poisoned by webcrawlers.
Rune– lashed to death with overseer-bot’s light whip. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)
Inziladun– ICE pick to the head. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)
Sally– pushed down a data-mineshaft. (R.A.N.G.E.R.)
Lottie– rubbed out. (ordinary cyber-slave)

Day One votes (italics = dead):
Morsul —> Rune
Inziladun —> Boro (Because of possible Hacker hint)
Loslote —> Blind Guardian (Because I wasn't there)
Kitanna —> Morsul (Because of a gut feeling)
Sally —> Blind Guardian (2) (Again, because I wasn't there)
Blind Guardian —> Rune (2) (Self-preservation, mainly [how many times have I died on Day One now?], and at the time he seemed to be the best bet.)
Rune —> Morsul (2)
Shasta --> Morsul (3) (Something that was radar pinging?)
G55 --> Rune (3) (Wanted to vote Sally)
Legate --> Rune (4) (I didn't see a reason, except that Rune was with her at the time? I gotta say this was a bandwagon vote.)

Note: Boro didn't vote

RESULT: Rune lynched - Ordo
WOLF KILLED: Inziladun

Day Two (italics = dead):
Morsul --> Shasta (No reason, just some "hint")
Kit --> Sally (1) (Doesn't like Sally's reasoning for voting for me)
Loslote (This is Lottie right?) --> Morsul (1) (Wanted to vote for Morsul and I; voted Morsul because he was mysterious and threw out gifted hints)
Satansaloser2005 (this is Sally right?) --> Legate
Shasta --> Sally (2) (She was between Lottie and Sally, no reason given it seems.)
Legate --> Sally (3) (Didn't like Sally's vote the day before [?])
G55 --> Sally (4) (Didn't like how Sally was behaving towards Morsul and I, thought she was suspicious)
Boro --> Sally (5) (Didn't like Sally's votes)

Note: I (BG) didn't vote

RESULT: Sally lynched - R.A.N.G.E.R
WOLF KILLED: LOTTIE

Okay these were the results of the last two days and people reasons for them - feel free to correct it, some people gave confusing reasons or none at all that I can see. Shasta and Boro mainly.

That leaves us with 1 Hacker, 1 Seer, 1 Hunter, X number of Wolves, and X number of Ordos. I would like to think 2 Wolves and 2 Ordos also, that leaves us with 1 Seer, 1 Hunter (right?), and 2 Ordos in our side. While they have 1 Hacker, and 2 Wolves. If not it would be, 1 Seer, 1 Hunter, and 1 Ordo, with them having 1 Hacker and 3 Wolves.

I haven't read anything since my last post... and nothing happened since my last post.

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 01-08-2014 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Changed the wording a bit, went from "her" to "Sally" - added italics - added more italics and a paragraph
Old 01-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #173
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Okay, so what I'm seeing so far is G55 has come out as the Seer and Morsul the Hunter. At the very least, everyone has posted now since G55's reveal, so I'm going to believe it since no one has countered her claim. I'm tentatively believing Morsul's reveal as well. Since I know I'm innocent, that means there's two bots and one hacker in the following group -

BG
Boro
Legate
Kitanna

Hopefully G55 has dreamt of one or two of those names. With a 75% chance of hitting a baddie, though, I'm tentatively hopeful!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 01-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #174
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

By the way, if I sound confident that there are only two bots, it's because I am - besides the fact that the narrations pretty clearly only have lucyyenic and tomtom, if there were three bots they could have already won by now by voting with the Hacker.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #175
Kitanna
Child of the West

My day went to crap very quickly in my last hour at work and my brain is very tired. I've set my alarm and will wake up before DL to read, comment, and vote.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #176
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Back and reading.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #177
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
But I'm also getting this feeling you're what I've suspected all along, and that is the traitor hacker who now notices the good time to sacrifice yourself and try to draw out the real seer while you're at it. If this is the case, than I'm going to be kicking myself for not being around more often to make sure you were lynched as soon as possible. And for trying to convince myself "Oh come on Boro, you've been the seer and acted like the cobbler before, it's actually very good cover for a seer. Hold off and don't blow her cover."
You won't be kicking yourself. That is, unless you're a wolf.

Knowing that a "keep your head low and your behaviour conventional" technique rarely works for me, so I tried the more risky one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
Didn't you also admit to being the Cobbler and Wolf and everything else this game? And you expect us to trust you now?
Yes. The past reveals were quite clearly jokes, even if you could watch for hints in some of them. Not any really, they were just fun stuff I wanted to do. Heck, I revealed as the Seer and the wolves didn't go for me! How many times does that happen? Anyways, though, this reveal was quite dead serious, and if you didn't think so before, I'm making it clear now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
Tell me it's not a coincidence that I've been redirected to the Adult Friend Finder website today?
I was hoping for some Fiend Finder, to be honest, but Friend Finder it is for me.

Quote:
...would G55 really have made such posts earlier if she were a Seer? Then again, Seer needs to hide his tracks as well, so as not to be found too early, and thus may even post stuff that a Seer would never post (such as hiding that in the banter that followed in G55's post in question, with her saying "I am also an Ordo, a Cobbler... etc...")
It's surprisingly fun to play reverse psychology. I never tried it t this extent before, and I must say I rather like it.

Quote:
OK BG actually saw the same post I did from G55I thought she posted Shasta's sig on page one as a bot hint. Like "Shasta's sig used as spam, Shasta is a spammer.."
Wow, really? I must be more careful with my hints then. I picked two sigs from current players (cause that's what quite a few spammers do), and one of them was Shasta's claivoyant powers sig. Failed hint.

I will pause for now before I get on with my reading so if people are around they have time to respond/ask questions/whatever.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #178
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
WHY DID YOU REVEAL? NOOOOOOO!!!!

DO NOT reveal your huntee!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #179
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

SO you have any names to narrow our list?
Old 01-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #180
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
So, then this could be the Hacker testing the water for two assumed Wolves? (Quoting the sigs of two she thinks might be WWs, so as to let them know, or perhaps seek confirmation?)
To be honest, you're giving this post waaay too much thought, although I like the discussion as it can lead to clues. Boro's sig was completely random. Shasta's was there because it mentioned clairvoyant powers.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #181
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I am most curious whom she is going to name as innocents, most of all.
Morsul, obviously. He was my first dream. Hence just about everything I've said. If you go back to, like, my first "real" post, I even hint at him. I'll quote it once I'm finished reading. I was hoping he was hinting back in a post a bit later, but then realized it's too subtle so probably isn't a hint. If you want to look for it in the meantime, feel free. I thought it would be obvious enough for people analyzing my posts post-mortem.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #182
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Actually I picked up on the sig thing page one worked from that went for Rune day one because I knew The Shasta thing wouldn't pan out well, which it seems wasn't bad.

I'm fairly certain if Shasta was a bot I would have been night killed avoiding saying who gave me the clue made it seem like I was seer(something I hadn't really thought out.)
Old 01-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #183
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

possible bots and hacker
Legate
Kitanna
Boromir88

presuming innocent
Galadriel55
Morsul the Dark
Shasta

Possible Hacker
BG
Old 01-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #184
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Not Wolves:
Galadriel55
Legate
Morsul

Unknown:
Kitanna
Boromir88
Blind Guardian
Shasta

Now, some explaining to do. I'm supposed to have 3 dreams, which is why I was surprised Kit assumed there would be 2 names. By the way, Kit, I really want to hear that explanation. I doubt you'd guess at the dream so accurately if you were a wolf, and at any rate why then not kill the dreamer? I think it was more of a coincidence that my third dream is dead the Night of dreaming. But still, why did you assume 2?

Morsul, I must apologize for the cyber screaming. I just had a few plans in my head, but most involved a Ranger. Only one was left that would involve only you, but it required you to not be revealed. I should have somehow indicated that to you before.

My dead dream was Inzil. He kept returning to the Seer idea after I tried to steer the conversation away, and some of the things he said gave me creepy overtones. Sounded like a wolf signalling to a cobbler, though potentially a cobbler signalling to a wolf. I needed to know if I'm barking up the wrong tree. He seriously freaked me out with those potential hints, but then turned out to be neither, so that was quite a fail on my part.

Part of the reason I'm revealing now is that, although I'm more than half-convinced at this point that there are two bots, as I've said numerous times before, don't ignore that third one that will stab you in the back when you think he's not there. Also, because both my brain and my instincts are evidently not functioning properly this game, so I turn it over to the group effort. Hopefully with everyone involved we will be better able to weed out the wolves, cause, like, my brain alone is clearly not enough.

Finally, going back to that quote I promised:

Quote:
Morsul echoes Boro in this sense, but he doesn't mention his prior wolf hunting skills that Boro laments about.
Quote:
Never stopped me from playing weird and confusingly, can I get an amen?
I'll be around for another 15 minutes, and then back again before DL like usual.

EDIT: xed with 2 Morsuls
Old 01-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #185
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

possible bots

Kitanna
Boromir88

presuming innocent
Galadriel55
Morsul the Dark
Shasta
Legate

Possible Hacker
BG

SO I'm thinking Boro, anyone else for that?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #186
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I'll change my list a little bit:

Known innocent (ie gifted)
Galadriel55
Morsul

Known Not Wolf (ordo/cobbler, either way not worth a lynch IMO)
Legate

Other:
Kitanna
Boromir88
Blind Guardian
Shasta

Of these, I either find all not that suspicious, or get paranoid about all 4.

Kitanna - very sensible, but still very cold and distant. She strikes me innocent, but then I get paranoid and think that she might be a wolf keeping her paws dry and her head out of danger. A bit under the radar too.

Boro - yesterDay my suspicions rose a notch. He posted in a way that sounded like he was diverting attention from a wolf (possibly himself) onto a cobbler. That could also be cobblery behaviour, though. Then there's Inzil's vote floating in the background, but then it could also be a frame done by the wolves. And he has posted so little that how am I even supposed to think anything of him?

BG - does and says some not good-looking things, to say the least, but some of that I think is attributed to her lack of practice with WW. But then I don't know. Maybe they are intentional. Sometimes I feel that her neweness after her break from WW excuses that behaviour, and sometimes I just think it doesn't.

Shasta - no read. At all. He is suspicious by default. However, I noticed before that he tends to vote for the wolves more often when he is a wolf himself than when he is an innocent. It's the craziest reason, but considering that he only voted for innocents makes him a bit less wolfish. But then knowing him even better than that, he's tricksy and wily and would just change it up a bit to avoid predictable patterns.

Help me out here, guys.

EDIT: xed with Morsul
Old 01-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #187
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
SO I'm thinking Boro, anyone else for that?
I don't know man. I agree that if we lynch someone everyone should vote for that person, but Boro hasn't posted enough to raise my suspicion.

Not to mention I still say you're a wolf/bot and I still don't know what G55 is.

Okay Galadriel, who was your third then? Morsul, Inzil and...

[So DL is like 5 or 6 AM my time and I don't even wake up until 10AM or so. So someone better vote by 12 or 1 my time because I don't really want to be the first. ]

-X'ed with G55
Old 01-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #188
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Legate is in her known not wolf list.

No one coutered either of our reveals... so I'm willing to believe her.

Kitanna's getting bumped down to hacker and BG up to Bot.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #189
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
Legate is in her known not wolf list.

Kitanna's getting bumped down to hacker and BG up to Bot.
What did Kit do?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #190
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Process of elimination

I trust
G55
ME
Legate(Seer dream)
Shasta(I assume I'd be dead if he was a bot)

That leaves

You(BG)
Boro
Kitanna

I had you pegged as hacker but your last post made me upgrade your threat level and I trust Kit more than Boro so I put her in the hacker position(Though it still technically could be Legate)
Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #191
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alright folks Boro yes?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #192
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
I had you pegged as hacker but your last post made me upgrade your threat level and I trust Kit more than Boro so I put her in the hacker position(Though it still technically could be Legate)
Meh, don't worry I did the same when G55 and Sally (right?) voted for me on Day One. See my day one list, I think they were fairly high in the "baddie" category.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #193
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
"S.E.E.R. can detect bots only... not humans... not even Hackers..."
Can there be two Hackers? Or is this just a mistypo?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #194
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Correction. No one countered the seer reveal...yet.

I had to hold off because I didn't want to be drawn out by the hacker attempt, but at least despite her best efforts I got a spammer.

Night 1 I dreamed Rune ordo.
Night 2 I dreamed G55 ordo, but it's abundantly clear now she's the hacker.
Night 3 I dreamed Legate...and he turned up Spammy.

As I said Morsul, I buy your reveal far more than G55's but you're frustrating me to no end by quickly dismissing people as known innocents at the drop of every hat!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #195
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Forgot about a physics assignment I needed to finish, so here I still am much later than I thought.

Quote:
I don't know man. I agree that if we lynch someone everyone should vote for that person, but Boro hasn't posted enough to raise my suspicion.
Then who do you suspect? For the record, if you do not suspect Boro , who is your top choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
Not to mention I still say you're a wolf/bot and I still don't know what G55 is.
Note to self+village to recall this later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
[So DL is like 5 or 6 AM my time and I don't even wake up until 10AM or so. So someone better vote by 12 or 1 my time because I don't really want to be the first. ]
Veeeery interesting. Why not? Can't make a decision that will both save a mate and not endanger yourself? Afraid of looking suspicious because of the importance of that vote? Another note to self+village.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:11 PM   #196
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Posted the last one without reading to the end, so here are some other thoughts before I savour Boro's post.

Quote:
Considering how much trouble I took to assert that I know you are innocent, you better believe me.

Quote:
Meh, don't worry I did the same when G55 and Sally (right?) voted for me on Day One. See my day one list, I think they were fairly high in the "baddie" category.
That was Lottie, not me. And, you know, it's still interesting that you chose to vote for someone you thought might be the Seer on Day1.

Quote:
Can there be two Hackers? Or is this just a mistypo?
I think neither. "Hackers" is not meant as specific hackers, but rather a type of detectable material, if you know what I mean. Saying "I like apples" when I only have one apple doesn't make it a contradictory statement. Same here.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:29 PM   #197
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
That was Lottie, not me. And, you know, it's still interesting that you chose to vote for someone you thought might be the Seer on Day1.
I meant Lottie. To tired right now. And Rune the Seer? I'll have to check what I said, but I never suspected him of being the Seer. Edit: okay, I see now. I thought the seer role was really something else. I was reading through the other threads and came across another bad guy, that for the life of me I can't remember. I think evil Lovers or something.

Quote:
Considering how much trouble I took to assert that I know you are innocent, you better believe me.
...Wat?

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 01-08-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:30 PM   #198
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
...Wat?

Go over my posts and find a single one where I do not declare Morsul to be unsuspicious.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:34 PM   #199
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Correction. No one countered the seer reveal...yet.

I had to hold off because I didn't want to be drawn out by the hacker attempt, but at least despite her best efforts I got a spammer.

Night 1 I dreamed Rune ordo.
Night 2 I dreamed G55 ordo, but it's abundantly clear now she's the hacker.
Night 3 I dreamed Legate...and he turned up Spammy.

As I said Morsul, I buy your reveal far more than G55's but you're frustrating me to no end by quickly dismissing people as known innocents at the drop of every hat!
You know, at first I thought you were the hacker. No point for a wolf to reveal like that. But then I thought: there's been talk of lynching you. Plus, you!wolf has got at least one fellow who can finish the job. You!wolf could try to get me lynched toDay so that you have an extra Night-kill rather than using it on me. Either way, I will not survive the Night and so the truth of my words will be known by toMorrow, so might as well give it a shot.

Your dreams are so convenient. Any reasons for why them? Any reasons for why one happens to be a dead person who was lynched with no connection to you at all, when you weren't around? Why the other is me who you're setting up? And the third also happens to be one of my dreams?

Your only hope is that people find me and Legate combined more suspicious than you.

Any proof in your posts that you are the Seer? Any traces you left in case you were killed? Any "concrete hints" (as much as there is no such thing, there is such a thing. Not a vague attitude, but a concrete, "here it is" kind of hint) about your dreams?

I'm leaning cobbler because from reading your posts you have set up a nice little position for a fake reveal, if it comes handy, from your first post on Day2. Very nice posts and attitudes that could be read, if read with that image in mind, as posted by a Seer. But one can read attitude hints in Joe Shmo if one chooses to. You can't argue as much about concrete hints. Give us a believable, solid hint.

In contrast to your vague suggestions that could look like Seer stuff if needed or like normal unconcerned stuff when needed, I gave clues about my dreams, and I made sure that no one would mistake who among the players I know to be innocent. Can you match that?
Old 01-08-2014, 11:34 PM   #200
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Oh I know. But now we have 2 people claiming to be the Seer and the second looks a lot better than you. I stand by you being the hacker, helping a potential wolf. That quote backs it up for me.