The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-29-2003, 06:44 PM   #1
ElvenSunSet9

Sting Arwen at Pelennor Fields?

I found this picture and it looks like arwen is a bit to dirty and isn't dressed right for going to the grey havens...what do you think about it? <BR>If the picture dosn't work this is the link <BR> <A HREF="http://www.ninecompanions.net/gallery_pics/rotkpics/rotk_arwen_3.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ninecompanions.net/gallery_pics/rotkpics/rotk_arwen_3.jpg</A> <P><BR> <P><BR>*Lutheyn*<p>[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: ElvenSunSet9 ]
Old 01-29-2003, 07:03 PM   #2
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Did any of us actually think that Arwen was going to go to Grey Havens?<P>It wouldn't surprise me at least that she'll be at Pelennor Fields. As people were guessing in other threads, she is likely to show up in place of the Dunedain with the banner and the reforged sword.<P>H.C.<p>[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 01-29-2003, 07:07 PM   #3
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

A-ha! Aragorn's mud fetish is revealed!<P>
Old 01-29-2003, 07:22 PM   #4
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

/me cries.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:53 PM   #5
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> A-ha! Aragorn's mud fetish is revealed! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Lush, I never realised that Aragorn was a fan of British 70s glam rock - or the music of Morten Harket & co, for that matter.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:20 PM   #6
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I thought that was a picture of her from the Helm's Deep battle, Then she got cut out....She was supposed to come with the elf group? Rumours!
Old 01-30-2003, 04:13 AM   #7
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Silmaril

Oh my...that picture surely is very suss. I noticed a scratch on her right cheek. If im not mistaken, it looks a lot like the scratch in FotR before she reached the Bruinen river...

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:04 PM   #8
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Location: The wonderful (That was sarcastic) State of Maryland...
Coral has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coral
Sting

Lets all face the facts. Arwen will be at some battle, fighting, and then possibly making out with Aragorn. STOP THE DENIAL!
Old 01-30-2003, 01:07 PM   #9
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Or maybe both at the same time. <P>Cool Avatar, Coral.<P>H.C.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:53 PM   #10
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

So do you think this is the final nail in the coffin for the Dunedain and Elrond's sons? Who will accompany Aragorn to the paths of the dead then? Just Legolas and Gimli?

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 05:58 PM   #11
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I think Halbarad and the twins will be out whether Arwen shows up in Rohan or not. I believe she'll either show up to accompany Aragorn on the Paths of the Dead or he'll go with just Legolas and Gimli and she'll show up at Pelargir just in time to deliver Anduril and the banner. Maybe she'll conjure a wind for their sails. I was hoping she wouldn't take part in the Pelennor battle but I don't see how it can be avoided.<P>-Lily
Old 01-30-2003, 06:59 PM   #12
Silmarien
Wight

Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aragorn already has Anduril but I was wondering about the banner. A friend of my sister's keeps saying "they had to pay Liv Tyler so much just to be there they had to give her something to do." Bt personally that doesn't comfort me very much. Nothing paticular against Liv but couldn't they have gotten someone who doesn't cost as much? Then they wouldn't have had to add extra irrelavent bit just because they'd payed so much in the first place.<P>Sorry got a bit sidetracked. I desperatly hope they're not going to have her fighting. Apart from obvious reasons, it would take away from Eowyn, cos look at it this way the witch king could be killed by Arwen. O please PJ, don't do that to us, have we not suffered enough already.
Though here at journeys end I lie in dakness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell:I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell!
Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:34 PM   #13
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Hmm ... I'm not sure that Arwen's expanded role was just to stop Liv Tyler sitting around twiddling her thumbs while being paid loadsa dosh.<P>It seems to me to be fairly likely from what I have read on this and other sites that Arwen will turn up at the beginning of the next film with Aragorn's banner and Anduril re-forged (Aragorn does not already have it). It also seems fairly certain that Halbarad and co are out.<P>That being the case, it's unlikely that Arwen will just head off back to Rivendell having given Aragorn his bits and pieces. I suspect that she will accompany him on the Paths of the Dead (if she is there, why would she not go with him) and that she will be there at Pelennor Fields.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:49 PM   #14
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Too much Arwen! ARRR! Getting sick of Liv Tyler.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:58 PM   #15
ElvenSunSet9

Sting

Ok...now say they have Arwen killing the chief nazgul..this will ultimately change the course of a few charicters..and possibly the book...it will effect Eowyn in maybe the most obvious. She met Farimir in the Healing House if she isn't there then what? The last thing we need is them making up a really cheesy way for them to meet.<P><BR>..::..Lutheyn..::..
Old 01-30-2003, 08:39 PM   #16
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dūm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Ok...now say they have Arwen killing the chief nazgul.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Now that seems like a stretch to me! IF she goes with Aragorn, she will not arrive in Minas Tirith until after the witch-king has been slain. Eowyn has been established and I doubt PJ would diminish one of the female roles.<P>And to add further fuel to the fire I submit this pic (from the same site as ElvenSunset9 posted), sorry it's low quality.<P>- but look at the lead rider, the color of the garment, the dark hair pulled back, no armor on & yet leading armored men?!?, fair face, striking white horse...<P>Any thoughts? Am I trippin?<BR>
Tar-Palantir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:53 PM   #17
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Wow, Tar-Palantir. Great post! I think that settles matters, for that is without doubt Arwen.<P>And I cannot conceive that she will be given the Witch-King killing role. Eowyn will, I am sure, ride as Dernhelm with Merry. If not, even I may begin to get irked by the films ...
Old 01-30-2003, 09:18 PM   #18
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, I saw this on another forum. They had several pictures like that. The picture of "dirty Arwen" was a still from Helm's Deep. Obviously it was decided to cut that bit out, but she can still be seen (maybe! ) in some of these still shots. Was Haldir stuck in there after the fact? Was the scene of the elves with the lanterns really the elves going to Helm's Deep? What what! what! I wish I could see the first version, (with Arwen in it) just for curiosity's sake! <p>[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Liriodendron ]
Old 02-01-2003, 10:48 AM   #19
thunder_goddess
Pile O'Bones

thunder_goddess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to thunder_goddess Send a message via AIM to thunder_goddess
Silmaril

Im only praying that Arwen wont be a shieldmaiden or someting. Because that is Eowen's role, and she already stole Glorfindel's.
thunder_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 10:56 AM   #20
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Oh no! I heard about this, but I hoped it was only one of those rumors! NOOOOOOO! KILL ARWEN!! She's stolen enough credit in the first two movies, no more! No more! NOOOOO! Why couldn't she just be the way she is in the books, a normal princess-like person. Why can't she just sit around and look pretty. I mean, the Aragorn love stuff is fine, but why do we need her to fight? She'd never get away with it, no one would let her. Her "people" would protect her and not let her get out of their sight. I mean, in this picture she doesn't really show any sign of trying to disguise herself. Anyway, KILL ARWEN!!!
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 10:59 AM   #21
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

you are all assuming that they actually put in the bit about the paths of the dead.<BR>what if they just leave it out and have aragorn going straight to minas tirith? it would certainly uncomplicate it for those who had not read the lord of the rings. dead men helping in a fight, alliances with elendil and all that may be too confusing for them.<BR>how about arwen just comes with anduril, and then sits around in minas tirith?
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:31 PM   #22
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think that originally Arwen may have had a more physical role, but Liv Tyler was against it. I'm sure there was something like that in the 'Total Film' interviews. <P>And I HOPE they include the 'paths of the dead'.

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 10:09 PM   #23
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

She looks creepy! *shivers* I am REALLY getting sick of Liv Tyler, she sounds WAY to futtery and whispery, and if Peter does one more sappy "I will give you my life blablablablabla" scene, I swear, I will go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! @!#%&* that Arwen!!!!!!!
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 04:10 PM   #24
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I firmly believe that Arwen will *not* kill the Witch King and Eowyn *will*. PJ isn't stupid. He didn't change the name of TTT because he knew: "the fans will kill me," so I doubt he'd change such a major event. To do so would be to earn the enmity of millions of people, all of whom he wants to see the film and buy the DVD, etc. He apparently showed the good sense to take out the scenes of Arwen at Helm's Deep, so hopefully he'll show the same restraint in RotK and make her appearance not *too* obtrusive. <P>-Lily