The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-09-2003, 06:02 PM   #1
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Shield Movie-Related Insanity

Please click the link for some movie-related<BR><A HREF="http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2748331a2202,00.html" TARGET=_blank>insanity</A>.<P>So what other insane things do you know of or have you done that you can blame on ROTK fever?<P>Incidentally, there are 141 threads in the Movies forum with the word "insane", "insanity", "crazy" or "madness"!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:09 PM   #2
BeeBombadil
Animated Skeleton

BeeBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Does the tattoo on my left ankle count? It's the inscription from the One Ring, in Feanorian script, no less! Got it after the first movie.<BR>How about the ring I purchased from Thorkild Hansen in Nelson, NZ, the ring that is exactly like the One Ring except for the Tanzanite stone in the top. Or how about the Elven cloak I tried on at the Te Papa museum in Wellington that I almost bought.<P>Are these insane enough for you?
BeeBombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 08:27 PM   #3
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

I bought the Evenstar pendant and when I have enough money I want to buy Arwen's sword Hadafang. I also got tickets three weeks in advance for a showing before 5:00pm that not many people will be at. Other then that I haven't done anything outrageous.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:46 PM   #4
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I thought of buying a nodding Gandalf for my dad's car (okay- not too crazy).
Old 12-10-2003, 03:40 PM   #5
Jjudvven
Wight

Jjudvven has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jjudvven
Sting

Buying tickets for the FoTR about 5 weeks in advace(believe it or not, the theatre actually was selling them then). I basically wrapped them up and framed them so as not to lose them. I still have the tickets. :P
Old 12-11-2003, 05:48 PM   #6
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

1. staying up until 2:30 am the night before the biggest killer French exam ever and not studying just to see the first movie. I flunked, but I didn't really care, because my final quarter grade was just a really low B. (yes, I am a semi-geek )<BR>2. dressing up in full costume to see TTT, and then finding out that I was the only serious ring-nut there... <BR>3. Actually doing several things from the What Not to Do on Trilogy Tuesday thread. (but of course, I did them before the thread was started)<BR>4. buying several really bad magazines just because they had like a half page article on LOTR. (o well at least I learned how to "get any guys attention, any time anywhere!" )<BR>5. Crying for days because I didn't win the contest to go to the premiere. Okay okay I know thats like OVERLY stupid. whatever.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Does the tattoo on my left ankle count? It's the inscription from the One Ring, in Feanorian script, no less! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I'm planning to do that as soon as I turn 21! (thats the tattoo age, right?) Silmiel, do you mind if I copy you?<p>[ 6:54 PM December 11, 2003: Message edited by: Lady Snickerdoodle ]
Old 12-11-2003, 06:12 PM   #7
BeeBombadil
Animated Skeleton

BeeBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Snickerdoodle, that was me with the tattoo. Not sure what legal tattoo age is but it's a moot point with me as I'm 42. Be VERY, VERY certain you want this tattoo...give it alot of thought because they don't come off! Took me 20 years to decide whether or not to do it. I love my tattoo but it was a huge decision.
BeeBombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 08:04 PM   #8
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

Yeah I am deathly afraid of needles but I like swords though. Ummm...in most states it is 16 with parent consent and 18 alone.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:39 PM   #9
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Well, every time I poke my head into the Movies forum I realize I've done something crazy.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:30 PM   #10
Foolofatook
Pile O'Bones

Foolofatook has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Keeping a countdown of 27 most important characters as decided by me throwing in half spoilers and good quotes for my dorm mates. That's gotten me pretty excited. Tell me if you agree, it's pretty scewed considering I have little idea what changes the movie is going to make. 27- Beregond 26- Cirdan 25- Elrond 24- Galadriel 23- Prince Imrahil 22- Mouth of Sauron 21- Treebeard 20- Legolas 19- Gimli 18- Eomer 17- Arwen 16- Shelob 15- Saruman 14- Sauron 13- Theoden 12- Wormtongue 11- Pippin 10- Witch King 9- Denethor 8- Faramir 7- Merry 6- Gandalf 5- Eowyn 4- Aragorn 3- Frodo 2- Gollum 1- Sam<P>PS. I constructed this list prior to finding out that Saruman and Grima were completely gone and that the Scouring of the Shire was out so take that into a little consideration when judging me.